PDA

View Full Version : Remember Uxbridge Ceroc?

Mary
3rd-January-2006, 12:37 PM
Does anyone remember Ceroc at the Civic Centre Uxbridge? Well I hear the place has been re-furbished and tarted up a bit, with the air-con overhauled (it used to get a tad hot there!) and the floor stripped back and re-sealed, and the bar re-carpeted and modernised. Haven't seen it myself but this is what Helen tells me and she is back in there on Thursdays starting next Thursday 12th Jan.

As luck would have it I am working very late that day so can't go :tears: but would love someone to tell how the re-opening night goes.

Hope Franck lets this thread appear as I have no commercial interest in the venue - I'm just a long-standing regular of Helen's franchise and have fond memories of Ceroc Uxbridge.:clap:

M

Lynn
3rd-January-2006, 12:42 PM
Yay! My friend that I brought along to Ashtons a few weeks ago really enjoyed himself (he had one lesson over 2 years ago, but still managed to get up and have a go!) - Uxbridge is local for him so now he can go along to classes! I heard it was reopening sometime soon but didn't know when (there wasn't any info on their website) so I'm glad you posted this. I'll let him know.

El Salsero Gringo
3rd-January-2006, 12:43 PM
Hope Franck lets this thread appear as I have no commercial interest in the venue - I'm just a long-standing regular of Helen's franchise and have fond memories of Ceroc Uxbridge.:clap:

MUm, what's that rubber thing you put in the bottom of the bath to stop the water running out... I can't recall the name of it for some reason. Still I'm sure it will come back to me.

WittyBird
3rd-January-2006, 12:45 PM
I can't recall the name of it for some reason. Still I'm sure it will come back to me.

If it's any help I think it begins with 'P' but the actual word is... nah its gone :rofl: :rofl:

David Bailey
3rd-January-2006, 12:49 PM
Um, what's that rubber thing you put in the bottom of the bath to stop the water running out... I can't recall the name of it for some reason. Still I'm sure it will come back to me.
Stopper?
Chain?
Cork?
Jack?
Rubber ducky? (OK, that's probably just me, yes?)

stewart38
3rd-January-2006, 12:49 PM
Does anyone remember Ceroc at the Civic Centre Uxbridge? Well I hear the place has been re-furbished and tarted up a bit, with the air-con overhauled (it used to get a tad hot there!) and the floor stripped back and re-sealed, and the bar re-carpeted and modernised. Haven't seen it myself but this is what Helen tells me and she is back in there on Thursdays starting next Thursday 12th Jan.

M

Yes I do and thanks for the info

Had some great times there over the years

Hope it goes well

God i may even go myself , will the opening night be cheaper :whistle:

Mary
3rd-January-2006, 12:53 PM
Um, what's that rubber thing you put in the bottom of the bath to stop the water running out... I can't recall the name of it for some reason. Still I'm sure it will come back to me.

It may appear transparent, and 'Lush' I would resort to devious means to give it a mention.:devil: However, I have heard that Ceroc franchisees are required to pay the Ceroc franchise a sum of money which pays for advertising. I must have missed the Ceroc advertising so thought I would mention it for those who may be interested.

Am I beginning to dig a really big hole for myself now.
:devil: :blush:

Oh, and trust you to be so bl**dy picky!!!! Put 'em up ESG.

M

El Salsero Gringo
3rd-January-2006, 01:03 PM
Stopper?
Chain?
Cork?
Jack?
Rubber ducky?Doesn't your duck float (anymore)?

How sad.

stewart38
3rd-January-2006, 01:16 PM
It may appear transparent, and 'Lush' I would resort to devious means to give it a mention.:devil: However, I have heard that Ceroc franchisees are required to pay the Ceroc franchise a sum of money which pays for advertising. I must have missed the Ceroc advertising so thought I would mention it for those who may be interested.

Am I beginning to dig a really big hole for myself now.
:devil: :blush:

Oh, and trust you to be so bl**dy picky!!!! Put 'em up ESG.

M

I have no commercial interest in it whats so ever so ill 'Plug' away, what was a great venue

Part of the role of the forum is surely to tell people whats going on :sad:

------------------------------------------

Homecoming Party

Thursday 12th January

"Cocktail Reception" at 7:30

For anybody who was ever part of the Uxbridge Ceroc scene and for all the people who have joined Club Ceroc along the journey through to Hayes and Greenford plus any new friends you would like to introduce - don’t miss the homecoming Party on 12th January and catch up with all your old friends and acquaintances.

Uxbridge Civic Centre was always a fabulous venue but after receiving a complete makeover and refurbishment, it is now looking fantastic!

We are kicking off the party with a 'Champagne' Reception at 7.30pm followed by the usual lessons. There will be an extention until 11.30 to allow for a little more Freestyle on this special night. There will be balloons to add to the party atmosphere. There is no extra charge just a request to dress up a little more than usual to add to the occasion.

£7 on the door (members)
£10 (non members)

-------------------------------

David Bailey
3rd-January-2006, 01:19 PM
Doesn't your duck float (anymore)?

How sad.
Not once it's been stuffed in the plughole because I've lost the... what was it again?

Anyway, I thought the saying was "float your boat"?

ChrisA
3rd-January-2006, 01:37 PM
I thought it was Ok for Ceroc advertisers to plug Ceroc events on the forum anyway?

After all, it is a Ceroc forum... :confused:

Icey
3rd-January-2006, 01:54 PM
Does anyone remember Ceroc at the Civic Centre Uxbridge?

All of 5 minutes from where I live :clap: Will perhaps take a look and let you know :)

Missy D
3rd-January-2006, 02:07 PM
I used to go there from time to time. I also remember being on their website titled 'the woman in white'. See even Ceroc Uxbridge could see my innocent and pure side.

Lynn
3rd-January-2006, 02:11 PM
All of 5 minutes from where I live :clap: Will perhaps take a look and let you know :)Look out for my friend Chris if you go and say hi. :flower:

Bex
5th-January-2006, 11:43 AM
Billco and I are hoping to pop along on the 12th to support Helen. This really is a fab venue (I taught there for over 3 years before it moved to Hayes), its in a great location, right in the centre of Uxbridge with car parking underneath the venue or opposite in the shopping centre for £1 all evening.

I think Paul Alloway (of Chesham and Watford fame) is teaching there now and he's great, so come down for a boogie!!

Bex