PDA

View Full Version : Mobile video

Clive Long
2nd-January-2006, 08:02 PM
As I had some slack time over Xmas, I downloaded (sic.) iRiverter to prepare DVD content to load on a portable iRiver mp3 player (a.k.a. "The Brick").

Ok, the display screen is small but I am amazed at the colour, resolution and image refresh quality that can be obtained.

It's a bit of a toy really but I'm going to load a few DVDs on to the iRiver and see how pleasurable / tiring it is to view films or other pod-cast material when I am travelling.

I'm sure the iPod does all this content transfer effortlessly :rolleyes:

Clive

Dreadful Scathe
3rd-January-2006, 11:26 PM
dunno about the iRiver but my new GP2X (http://www.gp2x.com/) has a 3.5" screen and its fine for watching TV episodes on (and playing quake for that matter). (only £125 too, bargain)

DavidB
3rd-January-2006, 11:42 PM
I've used a few different apps to do this. At the moment I'm getting best results from Intervideo's DVD Copy 4 when the material is sourced from DVDs. Unfortunately this doesn't give much control of the output, so I can't tailor the file to the exact size of the player.

Lathe from Omniquiti looks very good (and amazing value at USD 4.95). However I get an audio sync problem which I'm still trying to work out.

The one thing I'm having major problems with is Adobe Premiere Pro. It doesn't support DivX or MPEG4 directly, and the only codec I've got (DivX 6.1) doesn't convert the audio. I end up creating a DVD, and then using DVD Copy to convert it.

David