PDA

View Full Version : Weekend starting 6th January - Who's dancing where?

Icey
2nd-January-2006, 01:30 PM
The weekly who's dancing where thread ...
Friday
Does anyone know if Ashtons is on this Friday? The website "here" (http://www.ceroclondon.com/) has it on the front page but not on the diary. Alternatively there is Hipsters or Cheshunt.

Saturday
There appears to be a choice of Twyford or Woking

Sunday
The funkalicious Funky Lush and Berkhampstead

TheTramp
2nd-January-2006, 01:32 PM
Twyford. Funky Lush. Berkhamsted (possibly - depending on being able to get there).

Then Jango on Monday.

(Back in Aberdeen on Tuesday!)

WittyBird
2nd-January-2006, 01:43 PM
Probably for me it will be...

Ashtons
Twyford
Funky Lush
Berko - Trampy room 1 way in my car :flower:

Now where is the fence sitting to be held? :cheers:

dee
2nd-January-2006, 02:03 PM
Ashtons and Berko for me :clap:

Minnie M
2nd-January-2006, 02:10 PM
Wot about Ealing ? BFFF ?

Missy D
2nd-January-2006, 02:15 PM
If Ashtons is on then i will be there!

Berko has the Jive Aces playing on sunday the 8th.

wicked blue
2nd-January-2006, 02:17 PM

Yep, yep Ealing on friday! And of course the wonderful funky, funky lush on sunday :clap: No dancing for me on saturday...:tears:

TheTramp
2nd-January-2006, 02:25 PM
Berko has the Jive Aces playing on sunday the 8th.
I know. Isn't that great.... :whistle:

Looking forward to it :clap:

Cruella
2nd-January-2006, 02:27 PM
Yep, yep Ealing on friday! And of course the wonderful funky, funky lush on sunday :clap: No dancing for me on saturday...:tears:
Is Ealing definately on? I thought it was indefinate because of the problems with the license. Funky lush for me. not sure i can make friday or saturday.:tears: Does anyone live near Chiswick that is going to Funky lush have room for 1 in their car.:flower:

Icey
2nd-January-2006, 02:32 PM
I thought Ealing BFFF and Hipsters were one and the same? If not and I've mixed them up :blush: apologies.

Cruella
2nd-January-2006, 02:34 PM
I thought Ealing BFFF and Hipsters were one and the same? If not and I've mixed them up :blush: apologies.
They are.:flower:

bigdjiver
2nd-January-2006, 02:42 PM
St Neots Friday for me, even though I will apparently be dancing in the shadow of famous forumits who attended before Christmas. So many broken hearts to try to mend ...

Dizzy
2nd-January-2006, 02:49 PM
Is Ealing definately on? I thought it was indefinate because of the problems with the license.

It is still not confirmed as far as I am aware but then Ashtons is still not confirmed as I am aware either :confused: :confused:.

Minnie M
2nd-January-2006, 02:49 PM
technically they are - sorry, didn't notice the Hipsters option :blush:

double woops - just seen this on the web site - also need to take it off my list :blush: :blush:

Hipsters
Big Phat Friday
On the FIRST Friday of every month.
(Except for 06.01.06 to be advised and 03.02.06 cancelled

Little Monkey
2nd-January-2006, 03:13 PM
Maybe Hipsters if they get their licence sorted. If not, a relaxing night in.
Twyford, as far as I know.
Funky Lush! But of course!
Monday night Jango, or is that Monday Lush? One gets confused.......

LMC
2nd-January-2006, 03:13 PM
Since I'm trying to extend my time horizon beyond its current level of about 2 days, I'm going to be adventurous:

Friday: Ashtons if it's on, if not then Casbah or Cheshunt
Saturday: Twyford
Sunday: Funky Lush, followed by Berko if I feel up to it (back quit after four hours yesterday :sad: )

That was quite scary... but hey, I can always change my mind.

Tiggerbabe
2nd-January-2006, 03:19 PM
Well hopefully I shall be at Nicola's birthday party in Glasgow on the 7th and then

STIRLING "FOCUS ON" WORKSHOP AND SMOOTH GROOVES FREESTYLE SUNDAY 8TH JANUARY

plus Dj-ing on Monday 9th at the Invercarse, Dundee (due to Trampy being off on his wee trip :wink: )

and in 18 sleeps I'll be off on the Cruise - YIPPEE! (not that I'm getting excited or anything :whistle: )

Little Monkey
2nd-January-2006, 03:24 PM
and in 18 sleeps I'll be off on the Cruise - YIPPEE! (not that I'm getting excited or anything :whistle: )

*LM sticks her fingers in her ears, and starts chanting:*

Can't hear you, can't hear you, lalala-laaah-lala, not jealous, not jealous, not jealous, NOT JEALOUS!

:tears:

Robin
2nd-January-2006, 04:42 PM
Seems th Jive Aces will be at Cheshunt this Friday too!

WittyBird
2nd-January-2006, 04:43 PM
Seems th Jive Aces will be at Cheshunt this Friday too!
Ooh torn now :flower:

LMC
2nd-January-2006, 04:50 PM
*strikes Cheshunt from "might go on Friday" list*

Casbah for me if there's no Ashtons.

Zebra Woman
2nd-January-2006, 04:58 PM
*strikes Cheshunt from "might go on Friday" list*

Also strikes Berko from 'might do the double' plan.

Ashtons music drove me nuts last time, so I'm contemplating a simple Twyford Funky Lush Combo possibly followed by Jango for dessert :drool: .

The fence will have to do for now....

ZW

tiger
2nd-January-2006, 07:20 PM
Ashtons isnt on the ceroclondon diary list for the 6th Jan

but is for the 20th Jan

and as Minnie has quoted BFF,hipsters ,site which states 06.01 to be confirmed etc; looks like there might be an update later in the week from Franco.

SilverFox
2nd-January-2006, 07:29 PM
Also strikes Berko from 'might do the double' plan.But with Marc in the blues room :drool: , who cares what pains the Banana Men are inflicting in the main room?

Icey
2nd-January-2006, 07:57 PM
Ashtons isnt on the ceroclondon diary list for the 6th Jan
That's why I'm confused as it's on their front page ... here (http://www.ceroclondon.com/) :confused:

TheTramp
2nd-January-2006, 08:18 PM
St Neots Friday for me, even though I will apparently be dancing in the shadow of famous forumits who attended before Christmas. So many broken hearts to try to mend ...
Dunno if I count as a famous forumite.....

But it looks like I'll be coming to St Neots again this Friday.

Sorry :what: :flower:

2leftfeet
2nd-January-2006, 08:51 PM
Well athough I'm a beginner, after my last trip down south I must admit that I enjoy a night at St Neots, pity I cant get there!!

TheTramp
2nd-January-2006, 08:54 PM
Well athough I'm a beginner
We have just so much in common....

Zebra Woman
2nd-January-2006, 09:19 PM
But with Marc in the blues room :drool: , who cares what pains the Banana Men are inflicting in the main room?

Fair point, but we had a real shortage of men last time in the blues room. I thought I would help by keeping a car-load of women out of the way this time.:wink:

robd
2nd-January-2006, 10:58 PM
Dunno if I count as a famous forumite.....

But it looks like I'll be coming to St Neots again this Friday.

Sorry :what: :flower:

Top man! I'll be there again. I did hear a rumour that the Priory (venue at Neots) was double booked but the Ceroc Central website doesn't mention it so I assume all is well.

And sorry to be so provincial (Poll choices!) but hoping also to get to Nottingham on Saturday - anyone else?

Robert

bigdjiver
2nd-January-2006, 11:31 PM
Top man! I'll be there again. I did hear a rumour that the Priory (venue at Neots) was double booked but the Ceroc Central website doesn't mention it so I assume all is well...I believe that the problem is with the class on Tuesday the 10th. I will confirm as soon as Phil gets back to the office.

spindr
2nd-January-2006, 11:48 PM
And sorry to be so provincial (Poll choices!) but hoping also to get to Nottingham on Saturday - anyone else?
Nothing wrong with being provincial :)

Friday 6 January 2006
Back 2 Skool Freestyle in Newbury with Ginger Jive

SpinDr

TheTramp
2nd-January-2006, 11:52 PM
Are you going to come and say hello this time??

I'm the bald, fat, ugly one who can't dance... :whistle:

bigdjiver
3rd-January-2006, 12:32 AM
Are you going to come and say hello this time??

I'm the bald, fat, ugly one who can't dance... :whistle::devil: Shall I spend my time amusing myself with 100 dancing girls or asking N strangers "Are you the Tramp who cannot dance?"

Hmmm ...

ducasi
3rd-January-2006, 01:08 AM
Well hopefully I shall be at Nicola's birthday party in Glasgow on the 7th and then

STIRLING "FOCUS ON" WORKSHOP AND SMOOTH GROOVES FREESTYLE SUNDAY 8TH JANUARY

plus Dj-ing on Monday 9th at the Invercarse, Dundee (due to Trampy being off on his wee trip :wink: )

:yeah:

Except I probably won't make Stirling unless I can get a lift from someone... :flower:

Oh, and I won't be in Dundee on Monday either. :(

And, I won't be doing the cruise either. (Just watched "Speed 2" last night. :eek:)

But apart from that...

:yeah:

Cruella
3rd-January-2006, 11:41 AM
Fair point, but we had a real shortage of men last time in the blues room. I thought I would help by keeping a car-load of women out of the way this time.:wink:
:tears: :tears:

stewart38
3rd-January-2006, 01:25 PM
Probably for me it will be...

Ashtons
Twyford
Funky Lush
Berko - Trampy room 1 way in my car :flower:

Now where is the fence sitting to be held? :cheers:

Is Ashtons on ?

Ashtons (although Chesunt looks good)
Something else
Funky Lush
Berko

bigdjiver
3rd-January-2006, 02:38 PM
There is no problem with the St. Neots freestyle on Fri 6th Jan.

There may be a problem with the class on Tues 10th.

Icey
3rd-January-2006, 02:40 PM
Is Ashtons on ?
I've emailed CerocLondon to attempt confirmation. Also it seems that Marc isn't DJing at Berko on Sunday :( so I don't think I'll be doing the double.

TheTramp
3rd-January-2006, 02:41 PM
Also it seems that Marc isn't DJing at Berko on Sunday :( so I don't think I'll be doing the double.
Why not???

robd
3rd-January-2006, 02:43 PM
Why not???

Probably staying home with Rachel. And who could blame him for that??:whistle:

Missy D
3rd-January-2006, 02:46 PM
Just spoke to Ceroc London and Ashtons is NOT on this friday!:tears:

The next is on the 20th January.

TheTramp
Probably staying home with Rachel. And who could blame him for that??:whistle:
No-one. But I was hoping for a dance with Rachel too. As would anyone....

Is it his choice not to work. Or have the venue got someone else in to DJ the blues room. And if so.... who??

WittyBird
I've emailed CerocLondon to attempt confirmation. Also it seems that Marc isn't DJing at Berko on Sunday :( so I don't think I'll be doing the double.

If Marc isn't doing it then it may well be Gordon & Sally

Missy D
3rd-January-2006, 02:51 PM
NO ASHTONS FRI!:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Icey
3rd-January-2006, 03:08 PM
NO ASHTONS FRI!:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:
I just got that email too :sad: That means either Hipsters or the Jive arses at Cheshunt :( :( ... or Chesham as usual.

Rachel
3rd-January-2006, 03:14 PM
No-one. But I was hoping for a dance with Rachel too. As would anyone....

Is it his choice not to work. Or have the venue got someone else in to DJ the blues room. And if so.... who??Hiya!! Re. Berkamstead on Sun - no, Marc's not dj'ing there, unfortunately. I think Jilly's reviewing it on a 'monthly by month' basis to see whether or not to go ahead with the blues room. Or perhaps she might use Gordon & Sally this week. Either way, Marc hasn't got any more dates as yet.

But we will definitely be at Funky Lush during the day - and, believe me, Marc has got some really special new music ...

Saturday night, Marc's teaching at Marcus Garvey in Nottingham. See you there, Rob! (Sorry, I haven't got a clue how to get there from Peterborough - I just drive there on auto-pilot but have no idea where I actually am.)

As for Fri, I don't know where to go - I want somewhere really nice to go out dancing, cos it's my birthday. On the other hand, we could just stay in, I guess - we have a cabaret which we need to get working on rather urgently.

Anyway, really looking forward to being back out dancing and seeing you all again.
Rachel xx

TheTramp
3rd-January-2006, 03:16 PM
As for Fri, I don't know where to go - I want somewhere really nice to go out dancing, cos it's my birthday.
Come to St Neots then. And can I book a dance or two please?? :flower:

Icey
3rd-January-2006, 03:18 PM
Friday night Chesham anyone?

Rachel
3rd-January-2006, 03:24 PM
Come to St Neots then. And can I book a dance or two please?? :flower:

Friday night Chesham anyone?Much as I'd love to see you both, neither place really appeals this week - not for a birthday, anyway. But I'm very much looking forward to seeing you Sunday!

Is there not anything else on Friday? Anything up north, perhaps?
R.

Robin
3rd-January-2006, 04:37 PM
Much as I'd love to see you both, neither place really appeals this week - not for a birthday, anyway. But I'm very much looking forward to seeing you Sunday!

Is there not anything else on Friday? Anything up north, perhaps?
R.

Cheshunt Rach ?

only takes 55 minutes from Peterborough!

Rachel
3rd-January-2006, 05:18 PM
Cheshunt Rach ?

only takes 55 minutes from Peterborough! We're in Northampton, so probably even closer. But, yes, I thought of Cheshunt - would have been very tempting and I love your music, but I'm not keen on dancing to live bands.

We'll probably decide on the day, as usual. Getting slowly pissed on champagne and dancing in the living room to our very best music amidst candles, present wrapping paper and exotic chocolates sounds pretty good however ...

David Bailey
3rd-January-2006, 05:27 PM
We're in Northampton, so probably even closer. But, yes, I thought of Cheshunt - would have been very tempting and I love your music, but I'm not keen on dancing to live bands.
Apparently Cheshunt is also on the next week (Friday 13th :eek: ), not the 20th.

It's all very confusing, trying to figure out what's on where...

Robin
3rd-January-2006, 05:31 PM
Apparently Cheshunt is also on the next week (Friday 13th :eek: ), not the 20th.

It's all very confusing, trying to figure out what's on where...

tell me about it - apparently i usual night got highjacked - so we are 2 weeks running and the same next month ? and then back to normal 1st and 3rd fridays for the rest of the year.

check the cerocmetro and ceroc head office calendars - they have all the correct dates - even if i don;t!

Simon r
3rd-January-2006, 06:21 PM
Hiya!! Re. Berkamstead on Sun - no, Marc's not dj'ing there, unfortunately. I think Jilly's reviewing it on a 'monthly by month' basis to see whether or not to go ahead with the blues room. Or perhaps she might use Gordon & Sally this week. Either way, Marc hasn't got any more dates as yet.

But we will definitely be at Funky Lush during the day - and, believe me, Marc has got some really special new music ...

Saturday night, Marc's teaching at Marcus Garvey in Nottingham. See you there, Rob! (Sorry, I haven't got a clue how to get there from Peterborough - I just drive there on auto-pilot but have no idea where I actually am.)

As for Fri, I don't know where to go - I want somewhere really nice to go out dancing, cos it's my birthday. On the other hand, we could just stay in, I guess - we have a cabaret which we need to get working on rather urgently.

Anyway, really looking forward to being back out dancing and seeing you all again.
Rachel xx

Come to Twyford on the friday as well for a birthday dance ....

go on,go on, go on, go on....

David Bailey
3rd-January-2006, 08:23 PM
Come to Twyford on the friday as well for a birthday dance ....
Twyford's on Friday and Saturday then? I thought it was just Sat? :confused:

WittyBird
3rd-January-2006, 10:02 PM
Ok I'm confused now and it doesn't take a lot!!!........... Ashton's isn't on. Don't fancy Cheshunt. Is Ealing on or not?

frodo
3rd-January-2006, 10:12 PM
Twyford's on Friday and Saturday then? I thought it was just Sat? :confused:The standard weekly class night in the same manner as Chesham.

Missy D
4th-January-2006, 12:07 AM
So everything is on! but its not:tears: Maybe we should scrap this thread and start again.

So far 3 people are going to Ashtons friday! lets hope they like bingo:rofl:

Some are heading to Ealing but we dont know if its on. Still they could always do the salsa downstairs.

Cheshunt is on but everyone seems put off by a live band (they have slowed their set down these days).

Do me and Dee need a baby sitter or not? and if yes what day is there something going on!

At this rate i will just head off for some late night shopping in classy Asda.

DianaS
4th-January-2006, 11:12 AM
DEfeinatly got to dance in London on Firday any one want a lift down??

Icey
4th-January-2006, 01:49 PM
So everything is on! but its not:tears: Maybe we should scrap this thread and start again.

Probably a good idea now. I'm most likely to go to Chesham now ... anyone else fancy joining me?

Rachel
4th-January-2006, 05:05 PM
V quickie - Marc is now dj'ing at Berkhamstead on Sun, after Funky Lush.
R. xx

LMC
4th-January-2006, 05:05 PM
I'm most likely to go to Chesham now ... anyone else fancy joining me?

I expect so :innocent:

Casbah for me - easy peasy from work - anyone else going to be there?

TheTramp
4th-January-2006, 05:07 PM
R. xx

YAY!! :D

Icey
4th-January-2006, 05:16 PM
R. xx
Woo hoo :clap: *Reconsiders doing the double for Sunday*

DianaS
4th-January-2006, 05:48 PM
Okay Hipsters IS on
...so who's up for it??

WittyBird
4th-January-2006, 05:50 PM
Okay Hipsters IS on
...so who's up for it??
Me I'm going :clap:

WittyBird
4th-January-2006, 05:51 PM
R. xx

Me I will be there but I don't have a choice - I'm taxi ing. Can I have a dance then Rach?

Minnie M
4th-January-2006, 07:07 PM
Okay Hipsters IS on
...so who's up for it??
where did you get your info from Di ? I am waiting on an email from Franco to confirm but it hasn't come yet :sad:

under par
4th-January-2006, 07:16 PM
where did you get your info from Di ? I am waiting on an email from Franco to confirm but it hasn't come yet :sad:
I got this today

"Big Fat Friday Freestyle - 6th January 2006

Despite some confusion over the Entertainments Licence at Ealing Town Hall, we can confirm that there will be a BFFF this Friday 6th January.

And to make up for missing out on the Blues Workshop in December,
Nigel & Nina will be getting us into the New Year Dancing Groove with a "Blues" Masterclass at 8.30pm
followed at 9pm with a Blues oriented Jive routine.etc . etc."

Msfab
4th-January-2006, 07:22 PM

TiggTours posted this earlier http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=187594#post187594

Plus, I PMed Jon Brett today and hes DJing!

Minnie M
4th-January-2006, 08:46 PM
TiggTours posted this earlier http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=187594#post187594

Plus, I PMed Jon Brett today and hes DJing!

Sorry :blush: just got a phone call from Franco and YES - it is on, he has asked me to announce it to all

DianaS
4th-January-2006, 09:54 PM
Me I'm going :clap:
Okay there gal we'll meet again!! Excellent!

DianaS
4th-January-2006, 09:55 PM
So Minnie M are you coming are what!!???

stewart38
5th-January-2006, 01:13 PM
OK im thick

where is funky lush taking place in Uxbridge ??

whats the web site or details and times ??

Icey
5th-January-2006, 01:24 PM
OK im thick

where is funky lush taking place in Uxbridge ??

whats the web site or details and times ??

Funky Lush is on Sunday in Southall - same place as last time. Uxbridge Ceroc re-opens it's doors on Monday (9th) I think.

Bex
5th-January-2006, 01:37 PM
Twyford's on Friday and Saturday then? I thought it was just Sat? :confused:

Hi David,

Twyford is on every Friday night till 11.30pm, we just hold monthly Saturday freestyle's :flower: .

Also, just so everyone is aware, there is no Twyford next Friday 13th Jan due to a prior booking in the hall, so come to Henley instead on the 11th!!! :clap:

Bex

Missy D
6th-January-2006, 08:48 PM
http://www.GlitterMaker.com/created/16185032.gif (http://www.GlitterMaker.com/)

David Bailey
6th-January-2006, 09:34 PM
OK, how much do you want to make that glitter stuff stop? :eek:

Tiggerbabe
6th-January-2006, 09:36 PM
OK, how much do you want to make that glitter stuff stop? :eek:
:rofl: It was only a matter of time :wink:

LMC
6th-January-2006, 09:55 PM
:devil:

or maybe not :what: :sick:

EDIT: DELETED... 'cos even to annoy DJ, I just can't bring myself to leave it there...

Missy D
6th-January-2006, 10:24 PM
:devil:

or maybe not :what: :sick:

EDIT: DELETED... 'cos even to annoy DJ, I just can't bring myself to leave it there...

I just wanted to add some sparkle to the forum and cheer everyone up in this doom and gloomy January.:tears:

No Glitter!

No tone lowering!

Not allowed to comment on Stew and dumplings!

Anything else?:tears: :tears:

David Bailey
6th-January-2006, 10:57 PM
I just wanted to add some sparkle to the forum and cheer everyone up in this doom and gloomy January.:tears:
Awww... :blush:
I'm just even grumpier than normal today - you do your glittery thing, girl, don't mind Mr Meany here, I'll shut up.

Missy D
6th-January-2006, 11:06 PM
Awww... :blush:
I'm just even grumpier than normal today - you do your glittery thing, girl, don't mind Mr Meany here, I'll shut up.

Its ok I know when i am not wanted on the forum:tears: tried so hard over the last few days to write sensible threads and posts. Didnt even lower the tone once either. I will just wait for Witty to come back.:tears:

LMC
6th-January-2006, 11:06 PM
Actually, I think it's gorgeous for birthdays and stuff - just not for normal posts please :flower:

Missy D
6th-January-2006, 11:33 PM
Actually, I think it's gorgeous for birthdays and stuff - just not for normal posts please :flower:

Ok:blush:

Robin
7th-January-2006, 11:24 AM
Just wanted to say it was a fab night at cheshunt last night - poss slightly crowded, but the Jive Aces did an excellent set - played the DWAS final track too , which was cool !

Just to remind everyone, due to issues beyond our control, Cheshunt is also on next Friday ...:cool:

jacksondonut
7th-January-2006, 01:31 PM
Had a great night last night in St. Neots..:clap: :clap:

Thanks Trampy for the lovely dance, many apologies for knocking off your glasses :blush: You too, Rob.. :flower: was lovely to see you both.

Hope your leg has improved for the rest of the weekends enjoyment! (Trampy).. :hug:

bigdjiver
7th-January-2006, 03:34 PM
Had a great night last night in St. Neots..:clap: :clap:

Thanks Trampy for the lovely dance, many apologies for knocking off your glasses :blush: You too, Rob.. :flower: was lovely to see you both.

Hope your leg has improved for the rest of the weekends enjoyment! (Trampy).. :hug:I met Tramp in the foyer with a few ladies applying TLC to his bad thigh.:devil: Having seen that I suspect that it may be recurring and contagious, and perhaps even as dubious as his "bad dancer" claim.
Despite having seen his photo in his profile I was a smidgin away from walking up to the wrong guy and asking "Are you the Tramp that dances badly?" :eek:
New to ST. Neots was a large screen video projector. :devil: I wondered if the music selection was heavily influenced by "tracks I have videos for".
There was an amazing collection of talent on display, in both senses. Due to me, the music and the crowds I felt that I was dancing at around 50% nearly all evening. I sat out far more tracks than is normal, and returned with unworn shirts. Fortunately there was plenty to watch and admire. I would have loved to see Tramp dancing some bluesy or Latin numbers with some of the top CC ladies. He only got to experience about 50% of their potential this time.
The class was "double trouble". I had seen Michaela working on it the night before for over an hour selecting just the right moves, and despite my disappointment that some of the more "WOW" ones were dropped, I thought it was pitched exactly the right level. :clap: :worthy:

jacksondonut
7th-January-2006, 08:05 PM
I met Tramp in the foyer with a few ladies applying TLC to his bad thigh.:devil: Having seen that I suspect that it may be recurring and contagious, and perhaps even as dubious as his "bad dancer" claim.
Despite having seen his photo in his profile I was a smidgin away from walking up to the wrong guy and asking "Are you the Tramp that dances badly?" :eek:
New to ST. Neots was a large screen video projector. :devil: I wondered if the music selection was heavily influenced by "tracks I have videos for".
There was an amazing collection of talent on display, in both senses. Due to me, the music and the crowds I felt that I was dancing at around 50% nearly all evening. I sat out far more tracks than is normal, and returned with unworn shirts. Fortunately there was plenty to watch and admire. I would have loved to see Tramp dancing some bluesy or Latin numbers with some of the top CC ladies. He only got to experience about 50% of their potential this time.
The class was "double trouble". I had seen Michaela working on it the night before for over an hour selecting just the right moves, and despite my disappointment that some of the more "WOW" ones were dropped, I thought it was pitched exactly the right level. :clap: :worthy:

oops, guilty as charged... trying to make up for knocking off the poor guys glasses earlier on in the evening... :blush:

:flower: :flower: Hope i am forgiven..

Jan

David Bailey
8th-January-2006, 12:31 PM
I went to Woking last night - I hadn't been before, so I thought I'd give it a go.

It's a big place, isn't it? Hammersmith-sized hall, nice floor, friendly crowd. Free parking in the adjoining multi-storey in the evenings, and free water. :clap:

I had a great time, met some new people - a good night out.

Icey
8th-January-2006, 02:13 PM
It's a big place, isn't it? Hammersmith-sized hall, nice floor, friendly crowd. Free parking in the adjoining multi-storey in the evenings, and free water. :clap:

And air conditioned too :clap: Haven't been there for a while, may have to return soon.

WittyBird
8th-January-2006, 07:13 PM
I had a great time, met some new people - a good night out.

:tears: :tears: :tears:

David Bailey
8th-January-2006, 07:40 PM
:tears: :tears: :tears:
Errr, what I meant to say was "I had an OK time, but obviously it would have been much better with WB gracing the floor". Yep, that's it.

WittyBird
8th-January-2006, 09:35 PM
Errr, what I meant to say was "I had an OK time, but obviously it would have been much better with WB gracing the floor". Yep, that's it.

Very well rescued... :wink:

robd
9th-January-2006, 01:53 PM
I was a smidgin away from walking up to the wrong guy and asking "Are you the Tramp that dances badly?" :eek:

I think it's the 'I'm a beginner' line that he likes to use, not 'I dance badly' though I could be wrong and you could, of course, be referring to your assessment of his dancing rather than his own description :wink:

robd
9th-January-2006, 02:39 PM
Well, I had a nice provincial weekend.

St Neots as fun as ever if as crowded as always until the last hour. Good to see jacksondount, Trish and the Tramp again as well as lots of non forumites. Learnt a valuable lesson also which is 'Never postpone a second dance' - Having danced one with a favourite partner in uncomfortably crowded conditions I asked if we could postpone the offered follow-up until conditions were quieter and then, of course, we never managed to get that dance :tears: Didn't do the double trouble as there were lots of men over and the moving on was shambolic (from the punters that is, not due to Michaela)

Went to Nottingham for the first time (dancing, that is) on Saturday and also had a great time. Venue not the most glamorous :what: but people v friendly and I benefitted from the 'fresh meat' syndrome, Marc was teaching :clap: and I have two more simple but effective moves to add to my regular repertoire thanks to his intermediate class. Lovely dances with lots of ladies including Rachel (of course) and DianaS from the forum.

The New Year has started well, long may it continue :D

Robert

bigdjiver
10th-January-2006, 12:32 AM
I think it's the 'I'm a beginner' line that he likes to use, not 'I dance badly' though I could be wrong and you could, of course, be referring to your assessment of his dancing rather than his own description :wink:"Dance badly" was a joking self description in a PM, and I did not believe it for an instant. Tramp turned out to be one of the very few in my "sit out and watch" category. :worthy:

TheTramp
10th-January-2006, 01:38 PM
:blush: :blush: