PDA

View Full Version : Emma Clark was in Scotland for Hogmany!

Tiggerbabe
1st-January-2006, 01:11 PM
I had a smashing time at the Hogmany Ball in Edinburgh last night - but it was made even more special by a surprise visit from Emma, here to visit the Chicklet :clap:

Thanks to John (DD) and Lindsay for organising the night, the venue was great. John gave us an amazing rendition of "The Snake" :worthy: and we had a couple of cabarets The Dancing Dummies :clap: and Gail from Edinburgh with some Irish Soft Shoe Dancing :clap:
Everyone had made a huge effort to dress up - lots of lovely kilts (the guys :wink: ) and amazing gowns from the ladies.

Thanks to Brunts for being my DWAS partner - great fun competition that didn't take up too much time from the freestyle. :D
Ceilidh dancing was cool! (well hot and energetic, actually - but hey! )
Thanks to everyone I danced with (the girls too!) - and special thanks to KT for making sure I was on the floor for the last dance :hug:

Chicklet
1st-January-2006, 01:37 PM
Two little red haired girls being smiley.

Heather
1st-January-2006, 02:38 PM
Actually Sheena it was 'Dancing FOR Dummies '. :rofl: :rofl: I know I'm blonde but I hope I ain't dumb!!!!!
It was so nice to see Emma again and such a surprise ! Chicklet you kept that quiet!!!!!
I had a great time at the Hogmany Ball last night, fantastic venue,the dance floor was HUGE!
As Sheena said LOTS of men in lovely kilts!!:drool: ( Roy you'd better watch that Kilt jacket- everyone agreed I really suited it !:wink: )
Thanks Burge for being my partner in the Dashing White Sergeant and Strip the Willow - not bad for an Englishman !!!!:rofl:
Altogether a FANTASTIC night in great company, superb music, lovely dances !!!

:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
XX
PS A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYBODY PEEPS !!!!!

Dance Demon
1st-January-2006, 05:19 PM
Well.....i think I've recovered enough to post. HUGE thanks to everyone who came along last night. Hope you all had a great night. What better way to see in the New Year than with all your friends, and dancing to boot. I must confess, I knew Emma was coming along, but was sworn to secerecy by Chicklet:wink: .....was great to see Roy the Boy again, resplendant in highland dress, keeping the ladies happy, as always:rofl: ......and Graham & Wendy all the way from la belle France....ta for a lovely dance Wendy, as always:drool: ....in fact got loads of fab dances in the half hour spot Lindsay did on the decks......Emma, Linda(the quiet one), Heather, and a few others.....all fab:clap: :clap: :clap: ....Nice big dance floor meant everyone had plenty space to dance, especially during the ceilidh bit..........(confession time folks.......the nice long track I played for strip the willow, was acually a Dashing White sergeant, ...i played the wrong track:blush: ...but it worked anyway and no one seemed to notice:whistle: )......Thanks to all the folks involved in the cabarets.......the dancing for dummies routine, choreographed by lindsay, and with only an hours practice was a hoot, ( especially when we saw some of the dummies without trousers on later in the evening....they were big boys:rofl: :rofl: )....and Gail's demo of Irish soft shoe dancing was delightful:worthy: :worthy: .........and Finally thanks to Jenni for assisting with the setting up and the admin, and..........to my lovely wife Irene for all the hard work, help, and support she gives me all year round............So Lindsay.......next year ?....:wink: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Minnie M
1st-January-2006, 11:32 PM
more photos please :flower:

Tiggerbabe
1st-January-2006, 11:56 PM
more photos please :flower:
Oops! Well, not from me I'm afraid Minnie, had my camera with me and it stayed in my bag the whole night :blush:
However, I do have a whole 2 photos from the Dundee Yule Ball - if I post them, will you forgive me? :hug:

Minnie M
2nd-January-2006, 12:18 AM
Oops! Well, not from me I'm afraid Minnie, had my camera with me and it stayed in my bag the whole night :blush:
However, I do have a whole 2 photos from the Dundee Yule Ball - if I post them, will you forgive me? :hug:
:yeah: :clap: yes please :yeah:

Why isn't Emma on the forum any more - we miss her lots and lots :tears:

Jenni
2nd-January-2006, 12:23 AM
...thanks to Jenni for assisting with the setting up and the admin...

Any time :grin:

:worthy: for that rendition of 'The Snake' - I love that song

:clap: to both John and Lindsay for organising the ball, to Irene for her hard work & being fab and to everyone who turned up for making such an effort - you all looked fantastic

Jenni :flower:

thewacko
2nd-January-2006, 07:32 PM
:whistle: with a little bit of luck she could only afford a one way ticket:clap: :clap: :clap:

:blush: only kidding em luv you really:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Lindsay
3rd-January-2006, 09:03 PM
Well.....i think I've recovered enough to post. HUGE thanks to everyone who came along last night. Hope you all had a great night. What better way to see in the New Year than with all your friends, and dancing to boot. I must confess, I knew Emma was coming along, but was sworn to secerecy by Chicklet:wink: .....was great to see Roy the Boy again, resplendant in highland dress, keeping the ladies happy, as always:rofl: ......and Graham & Wendy all the way from la belle France....ta for a lovely dance Wendy, as always:drool: ....in fact got loads of fab dances in the half hour spot Lindsay did on the decks......Emma, Linda(the quiet one), Heather, and a few others.....all fab:clap: :clap: :clap: ....Nice big dance floor meant everyone had plenty space to dance, especially during the ceilidh bit..........(confession time folks.......the nice long track I played for strip the willow, was acually a Dashing White sergeant, ...i played the wrong track:blush: ...but it worked anyway and no one seemed to notice:whistle: )......Thanks to all the folks involved in the cabarets.......the dancing for dummies routine, choreographed by lindsay, and with only an hours practice was a hoot, ( especially when we saw some of the dummies without trousers on later in the evening....they were big boys:rofl: :rofl: )....and Gail's demo of Irish soft shoe dancing was delightful:worthy: :worthy: .........and Finally thanks to Jenni for assisting with the setting up and the admin, and..........to my lovely wife Irene for all the hard work, help, and support she gives me all year round............So Lindsay.......next year ?....:wink: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
:yeah:
Ditto to all that...
Finally got round to posting, still recovering from a hellish cold :sad:.
Had a 'ball' literally, what a fab atmosphere, thanks so much to everyone for coming along, for the lovely dances, and to my blow-up doll cabaret stars;) :cheers: Thanks Jenni & Irene, help much appreciated :flower:. DD you were awesome, singin' and DJ-ing was top rate. Venue already booked for next year :wink:

Petal
4th-January-2006, 02:30 PM
Ditto to all that...

Had a great night, the music, the dances, the company. Was still on a high driving home.

Venue already booked for next year :wink:

Another great hogmany to look forward to.