PDA

View Full Version : London Eye & River Dance

WittyBird
31st-December-2005, 12:55 AM
This looks absolutely fab. Anyone else up for this?

here (http://www.ceroclondon.com/new_page_18.htm)

Tiggerbabe
31st-December-2005, 01:02 AM
This looks absolutely fab.
Would be cool, but somehow I doubt I'll make it. :sad:

Russell Saxby
31st-December-2005, 01:05 AM

Me - I am teaching the beginners class :clap: :clap:

WittyBird
31st-December-2005, 01:06 AM
Me - I am teaching the beginners class :clap: :clap:

Well worth going then :flower:

Andreas
31st-December-2005, 01:11 AM
It does look great but I can't decide that just yet.

Dizzy
31st-December-2005, 11:23 AM

Wow!! This looks fab!!!

Count me in :clap: :clap:

LMC
31st-December-2005, 11:32 AM
25 quid? - BARGAIN!!!

It's a long way beyond my time horizon (which usually only extends about 2 days) but I might make an extra special effort to be well organised...

oh, and if there's no forum birthdays, can we be celebrating the 3rd anniversary of my decree absolut? :D

stewart38
31st-December-2005, 11:56 AM
This is exactly whats been needed for ages

Particulary the cruize bit as Ive suggested in the past glad my idea was taken up :nice:

The last ceroc cruise down the Thames I know of was september 2001. It was a sell out with loads more ladies who all looked very nice :nice:

Im going to book now as it will be a fast sell out

I think £25 is very good value

Cruella
31st-December-2005, 12:35 PM
This sounds good! But do i get to chose who i'm going to have enclosed in my pod with me for 30 minutes:wink: :devil: Can think of a few candidates!! Ooh! is that Silverfox running away.:rofl:

stewart38
31st-December-2005, 12:36 PM
The web page link doesnt seem to be working and booking office not open

Seem to asking for full names of those attending so maybe will try and make the nos even

I bet this event sells out in under a week

:clap:

WittyBird
31st-December-2005, 12:37 PM
This sounds good! But do i get to chose who i'm going to have enclosed in my pod with me for 30 minutes:wink: :devil: Can think of a few candidates!! Ooh! is that Silverfox running away.:rofl:

:yeah: :rofl: I'm def booking for this :grin:

bigdjiver
31st-December-2005, 12:45 PM

here (http://www.ceroclondon.com/new_page_18.htm):worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :clap: :drool: :yeah:

The London Eye bit looks like "made for television" event. If Ceroc could get some SDF entrants involved as well it could get a BBC crew along to shoot a few second clip for the regional news and for SDF. If we could get some SDF entrants from around the country there it might just make the regional news elsewhere too. e.g. Janet & John of Little Bloomingtown raise their practice for SDF to new heights ... Good for the BBC, good for Ceroc

WittyBird
31st-December-2005, 01:01 PM
:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :clap: :drool: :yeah:

The London Eye bit looks like "made for television" event.
I agree I think they are probably already sorting that out :cheers:

Lynn
31st-December-2005, 03:17 PM
Looks like a lovely event with a nice novelty element, wish I could go. (Though to me it seems like a perfect event for a summer evening, rather than winter.)

WittyBird
31st-December-2005, 05:59 PM
My tickets are booked.
Looks like no one is taking any profits on this.

All the teachers are taking their time for free and it is a pure charity event:wink:

stewart38
31st-December-2005, 06:07 PM
My tickets are booked.
Looks like no one is taking any profits on this.

All the teachers are taking their time for free and it is a pure charity event:wink:

The London eye and the boat are being donated for free plus cerocs time

ALL money is going to charity

My tickets booked :clap: :clap:

A summer one would be great to

stewart38
31st-December-2005, 06:27 PM
FYI

Thank you very much for making a booking for the London Eye Ceroc dance event on
Friday 24 February. This will be a unique event with up to 300 people dancing on
the London Eye for the very first time! Your name will be on the guest list
when you arrive, but please bring this email along as confirmation of your
booking.

Below is the outline of timings for the evening:

7.15pm Doors open on the Silver Sturgeon boat, moored at Waterloo pier at
the London Eye

7.30pm Learn to salsa jive with a beginners Ceroc class with Russell
(Greenwich teacher) on the Silver Sturgeon. Please note that this class may
change to an intermediate level class depending on who is booked on the event.
If this is the case, you will be emailed prior to the event.

8.00pm Boarding starts on the London Eye for 30 minute flight

8.30pm Sparkling cocktail welcome drink on the Silver Sturgeon

9.00pm Choose from a smooth moves class with Howard & Nicola OR/ beginners
repeater class with Russell (Russell's class may change to a fun intermediate
class - to be confirmed).

9.30pm Freestyle until late with DJs Eric and Mas. The Boat will start
cruising for one hour.

10.30pm Boat ends cruising and will moor at the Savoy pier, near Embankment
tube for the remainder of the evening.

11.30pm Raffle draw

1.00am Carriages

All proceeds during the evening will go to Whizz-Kidz (registered charity number
802872), which changes the lives of disabled children so that they can live
their lives to the full. Don't forget to buy a raffle ticket, on sale during
the night for just £1.00 with a top prize of a pair of tickets flying on
British Airways to New York!

Food will be available to purchase during the evening. Choose from Thai green
curry and sticky rice (£6.50), Cumberland sausage and mash (£5.75) or vegetarian
tomato and basil pasta (£3.75).

Alternatively, you can book one of the London Eye's great value restaurant
packages and dine before the event. For example, a two course meal plus a glass
of wine or beer and coffee including service charge at Pizza Express on
Belvedere Road (a 5 minute walk from the London Eye) for £14.00. For more
information visit www.ba-londoneye.com and select booking then restaurant deals.

WittyBird
2nd-January-2006, 04:54 PM
Anyone else booked for this yet? :D

David Bailey
2nd-January-2006, 05:24 PM
... Learn to salsa jive with ....
Oh ***... :mad:

(My New Years Resolution - Be More Grumpy)

WittyBird
2nd-January-2006, 05:26 PM
Oh ***... :mad:

(My New Years Resolution - Be More Grumpy)

Obviously working well

Missy D
2nd-January-2006, 05:41 PM
Cant even look at the London Eye without shaking! So i will not be attending the event.

Hope you all have fun though:clap: :clap:

And if someone does win the trip to New York and needs someone to come with them just pm me:)

David Bailey
2nd-January-2006, 05:43 PM
Obviously working well
I just have a knee jerk reaction to seeing "salsa jive"....

More to the point, is this thing aimed at beginners? There seem to be a lot of beginner-y things in the programme...

WittyBird
2nd-January-2006, 05:46 PM
More to the point, is this thing aimed at beginners? There seem to be a lot of beginner-y things in the programme...
When you book they ask you what stage your dancing is. I don't think the programme is 100% and I think it is subject to change depending on who books. As it says in S38 C&P from email. :D

Dizzy
2nd-January-2006, 06:26 PM
When you book they ask you what stage your dancing is. I don't think the programme is 100% and I think it is subject to change depending on who books. As it says in S38 C&P from email. :D

I have just booked this and the lady said that the beginners class is most likely going to be changed to an Intermediates class as there are no beginners booking.

WittyBird
2nd-January-2006, 06:29 PM
I have just booked this and the lady said that the beginners class is most likely going to be changed to an Intermediates class as there are no beginners booking.

Did she say how much interest there is? How many have booked already?

LMC
2nd-January-2006, 06:43 PM
Just booked (literally just hung up!)... 300 spaces, 85 have booked already, an e-mail is going out to the entire ceroc database tomorrow, so GET IN FAST

Numbers fairly even at the moment apparently, but the lady on the phone was saying that once this e-mail has gone out, she will consider only taking bookings pairs/groups with equal numbers of men and women.

dee
2nd-January-2006, 08:30 PM
The last ceroc cruise down the Thames I know of was september 2001. It was a sell out with loads more ladies who all looked very nice :nice:

I went on that and it was really packed..

Does sound really good, but i wont be going as the London Eye scares the life out of me :sick: shame because i would of gone...

Hope you all have a great time :hug:

Little Monkey
2nd-January-2006, 09:20 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!:tears:

I'm in London the weekend before that, going home 20/02! :(

WittyBird
3rd-January-2006, 11:14 AM
Just booked (literally just hung up!)... 300 spaces, 85 have booked already, an e-mail is going out to the entire ceroc database tomorrow, so GET IN FAST

Numbers fairly even at the moment apparently, but the lady on the phone was saying that once this e-mail has gone out, she will consider only taking bookings pairs/groups with equal numbers of men and women.

Me thinks this will be great and sell out quick. Nice to see your being organised LMC :innocent:

Cruella
3rd-January-2006, 11:35 AM
I've booked :clap: They have sold 100 tickets this morning and are stopping single sex booking shortly. They reckon it will be sold out in 1 day!

Zebra Woman
3rd-January-2006, 11:50 AM
I have just booked my ticket too :D .

It is expected to be completely sold out by tomorrow!

ZW

stewart38
3rd-January-2006, 12:00 PM
I went on that and it was really packed..

Does sound really good, but i wont be going as the London Eye scares the life out of me :sick: shame because i would of gone...

Hope you all have a great time :hug:

You dont have to go on the eye , wait on the boat ?

Ive been told it moves really slow

I cant stand big wheels etc

Now book now !

Trinity
3rd-January-2006, 12:20 PM
This really does look superb. :D

Rebecca
3rd-January-2006, 12:31 PM
Just booked for myself and Captain Fantastic (although am yet to let him know :blush: )

I do hope there aren't too many 'bouncers' - 300 all dancing at the same time :sick: I wonder whether this was considered in the design.

N'mind, what a way to go out :clap:

Cruella
3rd-January-2006, 12:36 PM
I wonder whether this was considered in the design.

N'mind, what a way to go out :clap:
Will be interesting to see whos pod is swinging the most.:whistle:

Puddy Tat
3rd-January-2006, 01:00 PM
I have just booked my ticket too :D .
Yipppeee!!!! I've managed to book my ticket too. :clap::clap:

Zebra Woman
3rd-January-2006, 02:22 PM
Will be interesting to see whos pod is swinging the most.:whistle:

Now that's got me thinking....:devil:

Little Em
3rd-January-2006, 02:30 PM
just booked my ticket!!

woo hoo!!!

Lee
3rd-January-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm gonna book the remaining tickets and sell them on ebay.

Lee

Rhythm King
3rd-January-2006, 07:31 PM
just booked my ticket!!

woo hoo!!!
:yeah: Me too! See you all there. It'll be my last event before I go into hospital for my knee operation, so at least I'll be going out in style :waycool:

WittyBird
3rd-January-2006, 07:36 PM
:yeah: Me too! See you all there. It'll be my last event before I go into hospital for my knee operation, so at least I'll be going out in style :waycool:

Brilliant glad your coming :D

Sylph
3rd-January-2006, 08:34 PM
Just booked this :D .

Thanks for starting the thread and letting us all know WittyB :flower:

WittyBird
3rd-January-2006, 08:36 PM
Thanks for starting the thread and letting us all know WittyB :flower:
More than welcome lovely lady :D We couldn't be missing out now could we!!

Limpy Tink
4th-January-2006, 12:57 AM
Woo hoo! :D I booked my ticket today too :clap: :clap:

The very nice, helpful lady on the phone said that it was almost guarenteed to be an intermediate to advanced class, due to the dancers that had already booked.

I cant wait - i just hope its not too windy... just to add to all that "swingin" :whistle:

Cruella
4th-January-2006, 01:18 PM
I had a chat with the lady on the phone. She was the one organising it,she works for the London eye and does Ceroc. She has had the Eye and boat donated for free and Ceroc have backed it for free too (obviously a great advertising opportunity too) I think that this is amazing in this day and age to find companies so generous. Apparently, it would normally cost £100 per head for the eye and boat trip!

Lee
4th-January-2006, 01:21 PM
I know her.

We are very lucky.

Lee

Donna
4th-January-2006, 01:46 PM

THIS SOUNDS ABSOLUTELY AWSOME!!! WOW....but I'm stuck up North! :tears: Would love to come but I'm sure it's sold out already. If it does really well, hopefully it won't the last time this will happen. If it goes ahead again, I may come to that one instead.

Lee
4th-January-2006, 01:48 PM
THIS SOUNDS ABSOLUTELY AWSOME!!! WOW....but I'm stuck up North! :tears: Would love to come but I'm sure it's sold out already. If it does really well, hopefully it won't the last time this will happen. If it goes ahead again, I may come to that one instead.

Urm i think it will be the only time this is offer at £25.

Lee

Donna
4th-January-2006, 01:54 PM
Urm i think it will be the only time this is offer at £25.

Lee

That's dead cheap... and, if they do plan it again sometime and charge more..well i'd pay it anytime.

Lee
4th-January-2006, 01:55 PM
That's dead cheap... and, if they do plan it again sometime and charge more..well i'd pay it anytime.

From memory i think i would cost at least £100 if not more.

Lee

Donna
4th-January-2006, 01:59 PM
From memory i think i would cost at least £100 if not more.

Lee

Hmmpphh. I'd still pay £100 to dance in the London eye! :nice:

Miss Conduct
5th-January-2006, 02:13 AM
Terrified of heights but booked anyway. I'm assured you only regret the things you DON'T do :whistle:

I'm sure I'll have my furry friends to look after me although the combination of stripes and spots might make me even more dizzy! Offers of hand holding would be appreciated chaps.... :flower:

Cruella
5th-January-2006, 09:22 AM
Terrified of heights but booked anyway. I'm assured you only regret the things you DON'T do :whistle:

I'm sure I'll have my furry friends to look after me although the combination of stripes and spots might make me even more dizzy! Offers of hand holding would be appreciated chaps.... :flower:
I'm sure we can find something to take your mind off the height! Did i tell you ZW has been shopping lately.:whistle:

Mie
5th-January-2006, 11:16 AM
YEY!!! They had some tickets left!

Me, Danielle and James are coming too! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Eleanor
5th-January-2006, 01:13 PM
Just to let everyone know that there will be 4 couples in each capsule. You can either organise this yourself if there are people you want to dance with, or otherwise we'll put people in groups of 8. So far there are only intermediate/advanced dancers booked on the event.
Eleanor (the organiser of the event!)

Spice 'n' Easy
5th-January-2006, 01:14 PM
Offers of hand holding would be appreciated chaps.... :flower:

I'd be happy to oblige :flower:

stewart38
5th-January-2006, 01:15 PM
Just to let everyone know that there will be 4 couples in each capsule. You can either organise this yourself if there are people you want to dance with, or otherwise we'll put people in groups of 8. So far there are only intermediate/advanced dancers booked on the event.
Eleanor (the organiser of the event!)

Thanks for organising this

rep on the way !

Eleanor
5th-January-2006, 01:18 PM
Hello all. I can confirm that one of the classes has now switched from a beginners class to an intermediate class, as so far everyone booked on the event are intermediate/ advanced dancers. This is being taught by Russell (Greenwich teacher) I'll continue to monitor who is booking and will probably change the first class of the night to an intermediate class as well.

Eleanor
5th-January-2006, 01:28 PM
Hello, just to let everyone know that as I want to ensure numbers are even on the night and currently more women have booked than men, I have now closed bookings to women only or groups where there are more women than men left in the group. We are still selling tickets for men and couples. As of 12.30pm today, there are 45 female tickets left and 70 male tickets left.
Eleanor (the event organiser)

bigdjiver
5th-January-2006, 02:06 PM
... As of 12.30pm today, there are 45 female tickets left and 70 male tickets left.
Eleanor (the event organiser)Female tickets? Male tickets? Will they breed?

Lee
5th-January-2006, 04:58 PM
Female tickets? Male tickets? Will they breed?

Oh god, if you want to discuss Gender control at ticketed events then see the other thread:

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7377&page=3

But good point, would they breed, i hope not else the boat will be a bit crowded. :rofl:

Lee

Tessalicious
5th-January-2006, 05:17 PM
Oh god, if you want to discuss Gender control at ticketed events then see the other thread:

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7377&page=3

But good point, would they breed, i hope not else the boat will be a bit crowded. :rofl:

LeeBut as long as they breed to produce equal numbers of male and female baby tickets, it shouldn't be a problem, right?

Or are we then going to be accused of sex discrimination and making designer baby-tickets (what would be the ticket equivalent of a geneticist, I wonder? A proof-reader?)?

Lee
5th-January-2006, 05:19 PM
But as long as they breed to produce equal numbers of male and female baby tickets, it shouldn't be a problem, right?

Or are we then going to be accused of sex discrimination and making designer baby-tickets (what would be the ticket equivalent of a geneticist, I wonder? A proof-reader?)?

But if the baby tickets grow up and get sold in time for the event, the extra amount of people will sink the boat or failing that the london eye will be overloaded, topple over into the river and sink the boat, either way the boat sinks. :rolleyes: :whistle:

LMC
5th-January-2006, 05:19 PM
(what would be the ticket equivalent of a geneticist, I wonder? A proof-reader?)
Nah, a forger, surely?

Cruella
5th-January-2006, 05:26 PM
You are all very strange.:innocent:

Rosie Posie
5th-January-2006, 05:27 PM
Im up for it, just waiting for Friends to let me know if they can make it!:clap:

stewart38
5th-January-2006, 06:09 PM
Im up for it, just waiting for Friends to let me know if they can make it!:clap:

welcome to the forum

Id get your ticket quick

Zebra Woman
5th-January-2006, 06:40 PM
welcome to the forum

Id get your ticket quick
:yeah:

And think about Southport in June...... if you haven't already.....:whistle:

The clock is ticking :what:

SilverFox
5th-January-2006, 07:14 PM
Just to let everyone know that there will be 4 couples in each capsule. You can either organise this yourself if there are people you want to dance with, or otherwise we'll put people in groups of 8. How will everyone decide who's going in whose pod?

Will there be lots of underhand behaviour, sneaky PMs, whispering campaigns, backstabbing, conniving and skullduggery? I do hope so. :D

The only fair and dignified method I can think of to decide who would be perfect company in *my* pod is to use the Casting Couch.....:devil:

dee
5th-January-2006, 07:18 PM

Well done for booking you are a braver woman than me :flower:

Hope you have a great time, i went on it once and never again :what:

David Bailey
5th-January-2006, 07:18 PM
How will everyone decide who's going in whose pod?
I was wondering who'd be the first to raise that one - it's like the seating debate at work dinner dances, isn't it. :)

I only pity the poor people who are stuck with me for 25 minutes, grumping away...

Sylph
5th-January-2006, 07:51 PM

Will there be lots of underhand behaviour, sneaky PMs, whispering campaigns, backstabbing, conniving and skullduggery? I do hope so. :D

:

Anyone seen my T-shirt ?:whistle:

Russell Saxby
5th-January-2006, 07:56 PM

I have already had one offer to come in a certain ladies pod :D

Danielle
5th-January-2006, 09:43 PM

:blush: :blush: RUSSELL!!!! :blush: :blush: Now thats the kinda line I'd expect from SF :wink: :worthy:

Miss Conduct
6th-January-2006, 01:22 AM
I'd be happy to oblige :flower:

My Hero, thank you. :flower:

Miss Conduct
6th-January-2006, 01:33 AM
I'm sure we can find something to take your mind off the height! Did i tell you ZW has been shopping lately.:whistle:

That would normally take my mind off things, but I don't think it's going to be that kind of trip... although a long dress can hide all sorts of things. :whistle:

Cruella
6th-January-2006, 02:57 PM
But it wasn't from a 'lady' :whistle:

Clive Long
6th-January-2006, 04:33 PM
I have left my phone number on the booking line - hopefully I'm not too late because it looks like an awesome event for an incredible price.

The message said they are now only taking booking for "single men, mixed couples, or groups with more men then women"

Discrimination (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7377) anyone? Ooh don't start that old nonsense again.

Clive

Lynn
7th-January-2006, 12:49 AM
Darn! Just noticed that there is a Jango workshop and T-jive that Sunday, plus I could get really cheap flights for that weekend...but no chance of getting a solo female ticket now!:tears:

Tiggerbabe
7th-January-2006, 12:54 AM
Maybe, if you talk nicely to Clive, he'll partner you so you can get a ticket.
(Of course it might already be too late, Lynn :blush: )

Lynn
7th-January-2006, 03:49 PM
(Of course it might already be too late, Lynn :blush: )The Easyjet seat sale was just on from yesterday, flights from £25 return Belfast - London. :grin:

(Presumably the same going the other way, if anyone fancies a midweek break in Belfast, Wed would be a good night to visit :wink: but sale ends on Monday night!:sad: )

Miss Conduct
7th-January-2006, 04:24 PM

The only fair and dignified method I can think of to decide who would be perfect company in *my* pod is to use the Casting Couch.....:devil:

Maybe you should be raffled off... more money for charity

fletch
8th-January-2006, 09:39 AM

If 'ICE' is anything to go by it will be you and all you b*tch's.:rofl:

:flower:

Eleanor
9th-January-2006, 04:07 PM
Hello
Just to let everyone know that all the ladies tickets are now sold out and as of 3pm today (Monday 9th), there are only 7 men's tickets left.
Eleanor (the organiser)

Lee
9th-January-2006, 06:17 PM
Hello
Just to let everyone know that all the ladies tickets are now sold out and as of 3pm today (Monday 9th), there are only 7 men's tickets left.
Eleanor (the organiser)

Wow they went quicker than Storm :whistle: :whistle:

Lee

senorita
10th-January-2006, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Saxby
I have already had one offer to come in a certain ladies pod

But it wasn't from a 'lady' :whistle:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lory
14th-January-2006, 06:46 PM
I'm reeaally looking forward to this.. I think it'll be a night to remember! :drool: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I agree about not wanting bouncy people in my pod though :sick: let's hope they pipe in smoooooooth music :wink:

Tazmanian Devil
15th-January-2006, 01:25 PM

I am Going :clap: :clap: :clap: As is Dirty D, and Wayaay Bird. Oooh cannot wait :kiss: :hug:

WittyBird
15th-January-2006, 01:36 PM
I am Going :clap: :clap: :clap: As is Dirty D, and Wayaay Bird. Oooh cannot wait :kiss: :hug:

Yay, I'm so pleased your coming now!:clap:

Tazmanian Devil
15th-January-2006, 01:45 PM
Yay, I'm so pleased your coming now!:clap:
Oi have you no dancing to do? :kiss: :hug: Thats dedication for you the lap top has gone to bognor :clap:

WittyBird
15th-January-2006, 01:51 PM
Oi have you no dancing to do? :kiss: :hug: Thats dedication for you the lap top has gone to bognor :clap:
I'm sat in the lounge in my PJ's having cups of tea and thinking about doing the freestyle 2pm until 7 :clap:

Tazmanian Devil
15th-January-2006, 01:53 PM
I'm sat in the lounge in my PJ's having cups of tea and thinking about doing the freestyle 2pm until 7 :clap:
Me too but less the PJ's :na: Is yours 7 pm or 7 am though?
:kiss: :hug:

Cruella
16th-January-2006, 09:29 PM
YIPPEE!!! The finish time for this has now been extended to 2am. :clap:

Lynn
16th-January-2006, 09:30 PM
YIPPEE!!! The finish time for this has now been extended to 2am. :clap::tears:

(I really should stop viewing this thread!)

WittyBird
17th-January-2006, 01:47 AM
YIPPEE!!! The finish time for this has now been extended to 2am. :clap:
Fantastic - I can't wait :waycool:

Cruella
17th-January-2006, 09:21 AM
I've even bought a long dress for this :eek: Are any of you other girlies wearing long dresses? Or is it just me:what:

Little Em
17th-January-2006, 10:11 AM
I've even bought a long dress for this :eek: Are any of you other girlies wearing long dresses? Or is it just me:what:

im hoping to wear a 1930's shimmie dress thing!! :D me in a dress - its a once a year occasion!!

whats the plan for beforehand? where we all meeting up?

:cheers:

TiggsTours
17th-January-2006, 10:24 AM
I've only just heard about this! I don't know how I missed the thread!

If anyone's booked, but finds they can't make it, please let me know! I'll buy your ticket off you!

Rhythm King
17th-January-2006, 11:11 AM

If anyone's booked, but finds they can't make it, please let me know! I'll buy your ticket off you!

If you can't get a ticket for the whole thing, there are some tickets for the London Eye part only for £20 per couple, contact dance@ba-londoneye.com

R-K

Lynn
17th-January-2006, 11:18 AM

If anyone's booked, but finds they can't make it, please let me know! I'll buy your ticket off you!I was trying to get a ticket too - I did know in time, but didn't really think seriously about going until it was too late to book by myself. I think that's why I keep checking the thread - in case someone has a ticket for sale!

TiggsTours
17th-January-2006, 12:06 PM
If you can't get a ticket for the whole thing, there are some tickets for the London Eye part only for £20 per couple, contact dance@ba-londoneye.com

R-K
Thank you! :D

WittyBird
17th-January-2006, 12:07 PM
Thank you! :D

Might be one available, will keep you posted :D

senorita
17th-January-2006, 01:30 PM

can you make that another two??

PS like the number of ur points lol

WittyBird
17th-January-2006, 01:33 PM
can you make that another two??

Great I am
Miracle worker I am not

David Bailey
17th-January-2006, 01:36 PM
Great I am
Miracle worker I am not
I think you should have "Official Ticket Tout" as your title...

WittyBird
17th-January-2006, 01:38 PM
I think you should have "Official Ticket Tout" as your title...
Why? :confused:

Cruella
17th-January-2006, 01:42 PM
I was trying to get a ticket too - I did know in time, but didn't really think seriously about going until it was too late to book by myself. I think that's why I keep checking the thread - in case someone has a ticket for sale!
Isn't it strange how these things are always even more appealing once they are sold out!! :wink:

David Bailey
17th-January-2006, 01:42 PM
You seem to be Supplier Of Tickets, is why.

Could be a business opportunity there... :devil:

stewart38
17th-January-2006, 01:49 PM

I have 4 tickets all in my name :whistle:

WittyBird
17th-January-2006, 01:50 PM
I have 4 tickets all in my name :whistle:

Don't start you have been paid for 2 of them :mad:

Lynn
17th-January-2006, 01:58 PM
Isn't it strange how these things are always even more appealing once they are sold out!! :wink:It actually got appealing to me when I realised there was a Jango workshop the same weekend and cheap flights - but by then all the female only tickets had gone. I'm sure there will be some other great events for me to come over for later in the year and I hope everyone has a fab time at this event.

stewart38
17th-January-2006, 01:59 PM
Don't start you have been paid for 2 of them :mad:

Me looking at e-bay now :wink:

WittyBird
17th-January-2006, 02:03 PM
Me looking at e-bay now :wink:

that's a relief, by the time you have learnt how to use Ebay the event will be over anyway :rofl:

stewart38
17th-January-2006, 02:06 PM
that's a relief, by the time you have learnt how to use Ebay the event will be over anyway :rofl:

Tigg Tours has offered me £75 for the pair :yeah:

WittyBird
17th-January-2006, 02:06 PM
Tigg Tours has offered me £75 for the pair :yeah:

Looks like you and Jen aint going then :D

Icey
17th-January-2006, 02:33 PM

I'm having trouble with this. I can't afford to go and buy a new dress and
1930's is a more difficult period to get a style for. 1920's or 1940's are far easier :( Bearing in mind that I actually want to dance I won't be wearing either of the formal dresses that I do have,

stewart38
17th-January-2006, 04:36 PM
For those with the tickets :whistle:

WB you better have your Taxi sign on with 2am finish we need it

----------------------------------------------------

Thank you for booking for the London Eye dance event. I can now confirm the final itinerary for the event - there have been a few minor changes since you first booked. I am pleased to confirm that the event has been extended until the later time of 2.00AM meaning that we can freestyle for longer and that all classes will be intermediate level.

Updated Timings
7.30pm Check-in starts for event at London Eye
7.45pm Boarding starts on London Eye for 30 minute flight (last boarding 8.30pm)
8.15pm Sparkling drinks reception on Silver Sturgeon
9.00pm Short address by the event organiser and the Chief Executive of Whizz-Kidz charity
9.10pm Choose from a smooth moves class with UK Blues Champions Howard & Nicola in the Fore Saloon OR/ a fun intermediate class with Russell Saxby (Greenwich teacher) in the Ensign Room.

9.45pm Freestyle until late with DJs Eric and Mas. The Boat will start cruising for one hour.
10.45pm Boat ends cruising and will moor at the Savoy pier, near Embankment tube for the remainder of the evening.
11.30pm Raffle draw
2.00am Carriages (note extended time)

Food & drink
Your ticket now includes a choice of a complimentary glass of wine, champagne cocktail, beer or soft drink (not just champagne cocktail as originally advertised). Food will be available to purchase during the evening. Choose from Thai green curry and sticky rice (£6.50), Cumberland sausage and mash (£5.75) or vegetarian tomato and basil pasta (£3.75). Alternatively, you can book one of the London Eye's great value restaurant packages and dine before the event. For example, a two course meal plus a glass of wine or beer and coffee including service charge at Pizza Express on Belvedere Road (a 5 minute walk from the London Eye) for £14.00. For more informatio
----------------------------------------------------

WittyBird
17th-January-2006, 04:39 PM
WB you better have your Taxi sign on with 2am finish we need it

When was the last time you drove?:whistle:

stewart38
17th-January-2006, 04:40 PM
When was the last time you drove?:whistle:

From work never (best we take this off line)

TiggsTours
17th-January-2006, 04:41 PM
Oooh! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!:hug: :hug: :hug: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :clap: :clap: :clap: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :flower: :flower: :D :D :D

Fingers very firmly crossed!

Miss Conduct
23rd-January-2006, 05:05 PM

I'm with you Di, I'll be wearing a long dress too. Just hope there will be room in the car for all the finery... not the easiest thing to drive in.

stewart38
24th-January-2006, 12:06 PM
I'm with you Di, I'll be wearing a long dress too. Just hope there will be room in the car for all the finery... not the easiest thing to drive in.

The Last time I was on a ceroc cruise in 2001 down the Thames for the night , nearly all the girls wore long dresses and very nice it was to :nice:

Lory
24th-January-2006, 12:17 PM
The Last time I was on a ceroc cruise in 2001 down the Thames for the night , nearly all the girls wore long dresses and very nice it was to :nice:
It'd be lovely if all the men dressed up too! :drool: :yum: :drool:

I'm 'thinking' about wearing a long dress ;) but I haven't made my mind up yet :rolleyes:

under par
24th-January-2006, 12:20 PM

I'm 'thinking' about wearing a long dress ;) but I haven't made my mind up yet :rolleyes:

Mrs Par and I won't be there so loads of photos please:D

senorita
24th-January-2006, 12:21 PM

What ever you decide to wear you will look stunning....even if it was a pototoe sack!!!

under par
24th-January-2006, 12:23 PM
W...even if it was a pototoe sack!!!

:confused: :whistle: surely this is another event Senorita:drool:

stewart38
24th-January-2006, 12:27 PM

It would be nice if men made the effort but i bet ill count 10 Black sabbath tee shirts :sad:

senorita
24th-January-2006, 12:28 PM
:confused: :whistle: surely this is another event Senorita:drool:

can talk I'm laughing to much

Rhythm King
24th-January-2006, 02:01 PM
It would be nice if men made the effort but i bet ill count 10 Black sabbath tee shirts :sad:

So you're taking your whole wardrobe then? :wink:

I'm thinking white tie and tails myself

WittyBird
24th-January-2006, 02:03 PM
What a lovely thought :D

Puddy Tat
24th-January-2006, 03:00 PM

It would be lovely to dress up and wear a long dress. If lots of you lovely ladies do, then I will too!

:clap::clap:

Zebra Woman
24th-January-2006, 03:30 PM

Yeah kilts would be nice :drool:

I'm thinking about wearing a dress...which is long for me :devil:

Rebecca
25th-January-2006, 12:44 PM

Lovely sir x

The Captain and I ordered our outfits last weekend. I'm in a long red Betty Boop-style number and he's in the works: Tails, waistcoat, bow-tie and top hat! :drool:

Come on, let's push the boat out on this one :clap:

(though wait until we're all aboard of course)

stewart38
25th-January-2006, 12:57 PM
Come on, let's push the boat out on this one :clap:

(though wait until we're all aboard of course)

I was hoping the crew would do that, but im game !

robd
25th-January-2006, 01:14 PM

Didn't you know the pods have see through floors :eek:

Little Em
25th-January-2006, 01:27 PM

better wear knickers then:eek:

Tazmanian Devil
26th-January-2006, 06:29 PM
better wear knickers then:eek:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Now I need to rearrange my whole outfit :devil:

Rebecca
27th-January-2006, 11:32 AM

better wear knickers then:

:rofl: I read that 'wear better knickers then', like there'd be a potential line-up of Sloggi's on show :rofl:

Little Em
28th-January-2006, 12:54 AM
ill be there in full ballgown n proper ladies shoes... instead of my trusty jazz shoes!:D

well.. once every few years i like to make an effort!:wink:
complete with sloggis:rofl:

LMC
28th-January-2006, 01:39 AM
I have fallen in love with this dress, but with white polka dots (unfortunately not pictured although exactly the same style).

It's £145. Please help me justify buying it.

WittyBird
28th-January-2006, 01:43 AM
I have fallen in love with this dress, but with white polka dots (unfortunately not pictured although exactly the same style).

For some reason I imagined it to be yellow? Sort of banana coloured :what: Did you see this dress this evening? :rofl:

Very nice. Just buy it :wink:

LMC
28th-January-2006, 01:45 AM
I do have a balldress - but I want *THAT* one 'cos it's more 30s style, especially the spotty one.

Unfortunately, I have lost £140 through my purse being stolen :tears: - so if I get that back then I *can* justify it. Otherwise probably not :(

WittyBird
28th-January-2006, 01:44 PM
Unfortunately, I have lost £140 through my purse being stolen :tears: - so if I get that back then I *can* justify it. Otherwise probably not :(

Listen Madam - its not often you treat yourself :rolleyes: Just buy it, I refer the right honourable LMC to start of this thread, aren't you celebrating something???? :flower:

fletch
28th-January-2006, 02:14 PM
Witty, the firtst black dress on LMC pic is very similar to the one I was describing to you, but looks like the one I was on about is shorter, well above my knee:clap:

What do you think:flower:

WittyBird
28th-January-2006, 02:16 PM
What do you think:flower:
It's gorgeous :clap:

fletch
28th-January-2006, 02:25 PM
It's gorgeous :clap:

Just trust Fletch the Trinny and Suzane off the forum:clap:

:hug:

Tazmanian Devil
28th-January-2006, 02:32 PM

It's £145. Please help me justify buying it.
Go for it girl. :clap: You only live once, and now you have fallen in love with it nothing else will look right. :kiss: :hug:

WittyBird
28th-January-2006, 02:34 PM
Just trust Fletch the Trinny and Suzane off the forum:clap:

:hug:

Absolutely :flower:

fletch
28th-January-2006, 02:40 PM
I do have a balldress - but I want *THAT* one 'cos it's more 30s style, especially the spotty one.

Spotts this seasons must have, i'v just bought one its 1030's style and very flattering, can you think off 2 venues you can wear it, cos now its only £70:wink:

or perhaph that another Fletcher's lodgic:sick:

Drink water & get the dress:clap:

Lynn
28th-January-2006, 04:16 PM
Spotts this seasons must have, i'v just bought one its 1030's style So what did they wear back in 1030 then?:rolleyes:

LMC you can either - think of your alternative purchases at the same financial outlay (eg new dress v a dance weekender) - look for something similar at a cheaper price - or if you really, really want it (and you know you can wear it dancing on more than one occasion) - just buy it! There are some dresses that just make you feel fabulous when you try them on - and that fabulous feeling can be worth a little bit extra cost!

fletch
28th-January-2006, 04:29 PM
There are some dresses that just make you feel fabulous when you try them on - and that fabulous feeling can be worth a little bit extra cost!

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Icey
28th-January-2006, 06:43 PM
For some reason I imagined it to be yellow? Sort of banana coloured :what: Did you see this dress this evening? :rofl:

Very nice. Just buy it :wink:

:rofl: :rofl:

LMC, buy the dress. Buy the dress. Buy the dress. You know you want to. It will look fab and if you don't you will wish you had. Buy the dress.

fletch
29th-January-2006, 04:21 AM

LMC, buy the dress. Buy the dress. Buy the dress. You know you want to. It will look fab and if you don't you will wish you had. Buy the dress.

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Rosie Posie
14th-February-2006, 06:08 PM
welcome to the forum

Id get your ticket quick
Thankyou, Stewart.
I got my ticket, and cant wait to go, are you going?

stewart38
14th-February-2006, 08:00 PM
Thankyou, Stewart.

Yes i am ,someone can introduce us

Just dont build up your hopes, im as ugly as the pics suggest :sad:

senorita
15th-February-2006, 10:10 AM
Thankyou, Stewart.

No :tears:
didnt know about this event till it was too late..

So will be having a girly night,...first with having my hair done then having a meal out then will go dancing at the Bedford Corn Ex on the friday instead. Will be thinking of all of you...lucky things...take plenty of photos. :nice:

stewart38
15th-February-2006, 10:23 AM
Thankyou, Stewart.

So will be having a girly night,...first with having my hair done then having a meal out then will go dancing at the Bedford Corn Ex on the friday instead. Will be thinking of all of you...lucky things...take plenty of photos. :nice:

No Im Spartacus :wink:

Rosie Posie
15th-February-2006, 12:35 PM
Yes i am ,someone can introduce us

Just dont build up your hopes, im as ugly as the pics suggest :sad:
:) ok i look forward to it, do you know Tazmanian Devil? if you do she can introduce us. Im sure your lovely:whistle:

WittyBird
15th-February-2006, 12:38 PM
:) ok i look forward to it, do you know Tazmanian Devil? if you do she can introduce us. Im sure your lovely:whistle:

Week Friday yay can't wait.:cheers:

senorita
15th-February-2006, 12:39 PM

Wish I could go with you :tears: :tears: :tears:

Rosie Posie
15th-February-2006, 12:47 PM

Ahh bless ya, you will have a great time anyway, especially with the Girlies, I find they are the best ones!:yum:
But will be thinking of you too.:cheers:

Rosie Posie
15th-February-2006, 12:51 PM

Me too, can't wait to get them Dancing shoes on!
I heard there is going to be a lot of good Dancers there as well:clap:

TiggsTours
15th-February-2006, 02:42 PM
Help!!!!!!!!!

I have a dilema, I have a ticket to this now, and really want to go, but I will have to go straight from work. Will anybody be driving back to Harrow afterwards, and have space in the car for me? If not, I'll have to sell my ticket!

Asif
15th-February-2006, 02:59 PM
Help!!!!!!!!!

I have a dilema, I have a ticket to this now, and really want to go, but I will have to go straight from work. Will anybody be driving back to Harrow afterwards, and have space in the car for me? If not, I'll have to sell my ticket!
No there's a dilema. I would really like to go and will glady buy your ticket off you. Only problem is, i know how much you want to go too and i most probably wouldn't enjoy myself as much, knowing the reason "why" i got the ticket.

Is there anyone out there selling a ticket? I there is, then i could also give Tigg a lift back afterwards.

WittyBird
15th-February-2006, 03:10 PM
Help!!!!!!!!!

Possible Solution for ya :grin:

TiggsTours
15th-February-2006, 04:13 PM
No there's a dilema. I would really like to go and will glady buy your ticket off you. Only problem is, i know how much you want to go too and i most probably wouldn't enjoy myself as much, knowing the reason "why" i got the ticket.

Is there anyone out there selling a ticket? I there is, then i could also give Tigg a lift back afterwards.
Mine is a girl's ticket, your legs are too hairy for a dress. :wink:

stewart38
15th-February-2006, 04:29 PM
Mine is a girl's ticket, your legs are too hairy for a dress. :wink:

Id buy it of her but would prefer to think of a solution first for her

Asif
17th-February-2006, 02:28 PM
So, are there any guys out there who have got a ticket but cannot go now. Can you PM me or email me (address in my profile).

Thanks
Asif

Lory
20th-February-2006, 04:07 PM
7.15pm Doors open on the Silver Sturgeon boat, moored at Waterloo pier at
the London Eye

~snip~

8.00pm Boarding starts on the London Eye for 30 minute flight

I can see from the above, that we're allowed to board the boat at 7-15pm but has anyone got any idea if we've been allocated specific times to go on 'the eye'?

Do we have to check in, on the boat?

Will we be called up in groups from the boat?

Anyone got any more info please :flower:

Lee
20th-February-2006, 04:09 PM
I can see from the above, that we're allowed to board the boat at 7-15pm but has anyone got any idea if we've been allocated specific times to go on 'the eye'?

Do we have to check in, on the boat?

Will we be called up in groups from the boat?

Anyone got any more info please :flower:

PM 'Eleanor' to get her to answer on the forum

Lee

Cruella
20th-February-2006, 04:58 PM
I'm travelling down from the midlands with Senorita, we thought about driving to the outskirts maybe Willesden Green or somewhere near and getting the tube in. The only problem is getting back to the car at 2am as the tubes won't be running.:sad: So will anyone have 2 places in their car that could bring us back to this side of town. :flower: If not any alternative ideas as i only know the roads to Ealing, Ashtons and Hammersmith.:rolleyes:

Cruella
20th-February-2006, 05:13 PM
Just got this email

Hello everyone!

It is just five days to the London Eye charity dance event this Friday - I hope that you are all looking forward to it as much as me! Here is some more information about the evening:

Timings
7.30pm Check-in for event at London Eye's ticket office, located inside County Hall (the big building next to the London Eye).

7.45pm Boarding starts for 30 minute London Eye flight - each flight lasts 30 minutes and music will be piped into each capsule.

8.15pm Sparkling drinks reception on Silver Sturgeon accompanied by smooth dance music - get warmed up for a night of dancing!

8.30pm Last boarding time for London Eye. After this time, latecomers will need to go directly to the boat.
9.00pm Short address by the event organiser and the Chief Executive of Whizz-Kidz charity
9.15pm Choose from a smooth moves class with UK Blues Champions Howard & Nicola in the Fore Saloon OR/ a fun intermediate class with Russell Saxby (Greenwich teacher) in the rear Ensign Room.

9.30pm Last boarding time for Silver Sturgeon boat
9.45pm Freestyle until late with DJs Eric and Mas. The Boat will start cruising for one hour.
10.45pm Boat ends cruising and will moor at the Savoy pier, near Embankment tube for the remainder of the evening.
11.30pm Raffle draw
2.00am Carriages (note extended time)

Who will you dance with on the London Eye?
Each capsule will have four couples (8 people) for your 30 minute London Eye flight and you will be expected to rotate partners not just to dance with your partner. If you wish to go on the London Eye with a group of friends, that is not a problem, but please note that if there are less than 8 people in your group, we'll add other dancers so that there are always four couples per pod. If you are arriving to the event as a couple, please board the Eye together. If you are arriving without a partner, please make your way to the entrance to the London Eye after you have checked-in where there will be a meeting point to find a partner. There are equal numbers of men and women booked on the event so this should be an easy process.

Help raise lots of money for a great cause!
An incredible £8,300 has been raised for Whizz-Kidz charity from the event (www.whizz-kidz.org.uk), which changes the lives of disabled children so that they can live their lives to the full. All ticket proceeds have gone directly to Whizz-Kidz, as the London Eye and Silver Sturgeon were donated for free and all the teachers, DJs and I have given up our time for free.

We would have raised £9,500 but unfortunately £1,200 has had to be spent on hiring a dance floor for the boat, as Ceroc London's floor (which they were going to lend me for free for the event), has been delayed from the USA. Thank you to Albert Hall dance floors, which has stepped in and is supplying the floor at cost.

Raffle - sneak preview - Tickets just £1.00
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help us raise the money spent on hiring the dance floor by buying lots of raffle tickets on the night! With just 300 people attending the event and over 25 prizes totalling over £1,000 to be won you have a great chance of winning!

Trip to New York for two flying on British Airways!
Champagne capsule for 25 people on the London Eye - worth £635.00
Trip for 4 people on London Eye plus a trip on the London Eye River Cruise Experience - worth £92.00
Family pass for four to visit Madame Tussauds - worth £75.00
Dinner for four at Pizza Express - worth £60.00
Bottle Laurent Perrier champagne
Bundle of 10 comedy DVDs including Benny Hill and Vic Reeves
Simpson shower curtain, bath & shower gel
2 separate prizes of alcohol miniatures & game gift sets
Plus lots of CDs, free Ceroc passes to be won
All proceeds from the raffle to go to Whizz-Kidz.

Free drink
You will receive a free drinks token when you check-in for the event - please redeem this at the bar on the boat for your choice of a complimentary glass of wine, champagne cocktail, beer or soft drink.

Food
Food will be available to purchase during the evening (at a point next to the bar). Choose from Thai green curry and sticky rice (£6.50), Cumberland sausage and mash (£5.75) or vegetarian tomato and basil pasta (£3.75). Alternatively, you can book one of the London Eye's great value restaurant packages and dine before the event. For example, a two course meal plus a glass of wine or beer and coffee including service charge at Pizza Express on Belvedere Road (a 5 minute walk from the London Eye) for £14.00. To make a booking call 0870 5000 600. For more information, click on http://www.ba-londoneye.com/booking/restaurant.asp?section=booking&secondnav=restaurant.

Water
Please note that as this is a boat, there is no fresh tap water available, but bottles of water in large supplies will be available to purchase during the evening priced at £1.50 for a 0.75 litre bottle. Please do not bring your own bottles of water on to the boat, as Woods has kindly donated the boat for free and therefore the only revenue they will be receiving during the night will be from the bar and food. If we want to do this event again, I need to show that that this is worthwhile financially.

Filming & photography
We will have one or two photographers taking photos on the London Eye and boat during the event. We are hoping to get some great publicity in the media from the event, so check out the papers at the weekend and London Tonight/ BBC London on Friday! Please note that by attending the event you are agreeing that these images may be used for future promotional, advertising or publicity material.

Dress code
Black tie or 1930s sparkling glamour. Gentlemen, if you do not possess black tie, please come dressed smartly in a suit or smart shirt and trousers.

Dance safety
Of course, bumping into other dancers, getting the odd bruise or tripping over is a bit of an occupational hazard when dancing, as all my bruises will testify! However, for your own and other dancers safety please avoid doing any aerials or other dangerous moves during the night, as the boat will be crowded. Also please do not dance on the bench inside the capsules on the London Eye or on the tables on the Silver Sturgeon! When you check-in for the event, you will be asked to sign a disclaimer so that I as the organiser will not be held responsible if you do trip or get injured when dancing.

Cloakroom / Bags
Small bags (handbags/ small rucksacks, i.e., day packs) may be carried on to the London Eye, but will be subject to a search. Large bags (e.g., suitcases) and motorcycle helmets are NOT permitted due to security reasons. The nearest left luggage facility is at Waterloo mainline station. For more information please click on http://www.ba-londoneye.com/planner/security.asp?section=plan&secondnav=security As space will be limited on the Silver Sturgeon, please put your coats and bags in the cloakroom on the boat when you board, for which there will be no charge. Security bag searches may also take place before you enter the Silver Sturgeon.

Smoking
Please note that no smoking is permitted on the London Eye, in the London Eye's ticket office or inside the Silver Sturgeon. There is an outside deck at the rear of the boat and on the roof of the boat where smoking is permitted.

Directions / check-in
Check-in for the event will be in the London Eye ticket office, which is located inside County Hall next to the London Eye. Entrance to the event will be via a guest list - you will therefore have your tickets waiting for you booked in the name of each guest, NOT the name of the person who made the original booking. You will then be directed to the London Eye. The last boarding time for the London Eye is 8.30pm. If you arrive too late for this, you can check-in on the boat. The last boarding time for the boat is 9.30pm.

The London Eye is located 5 minutes from Westminster tube station (District/ Circle lines) - exit Westminster pier, or 5 minutes from Waterloo tube (Bakerloo/ Jubilee/ Northern lines) mainline train station - exit South Bank. The Silver Sturgeon will depart from Waterloo pier, which is located at the London Eye on the South Bank of the Thames. Members of London Eye staff will direct you from the Eye to the entrance to the pier. Savoy pier (where the boat returns to after cruising) is located on the North side of the Thames, 5 minutes from Embankment tube station (District / Circle/ Bakerloo / Northern lines). If you need to return to the London Eye from Savoy pier, it is a 5 minute walk over the Golden Jubilee pedestrian foot bridges.

Questions / More tickets ?
The boat is completely SOLD OUT, but there are still tickets available for couples to dance on the London Eye for £20.00 per couple (normal price of a flight on the London Eye is £13.00 per person).

If you have any queries, please contact me on 0870 443 7985 or email dance@ba-londoneye.com.

See you on the dance floor!

Eleanor Harris (the event organiser)
British Airways London Eye

Eleanor
20th-February-2006, 05:29 PM
PM 'Eleanor' to get her to answer on the forum

Lee
Timings for the event have changed. Boarding for the Eye is now 7.45pm to 8.30pm. You will then proceed straight to the boat, which will be moored at the London Eye pier from 8.00pm with last boarding for the boat at 9.30pm. (The reason it changed is that we now have one more hour of freestyle with an extended time of 2AM)
Eleanor

Lory
20th-February-2006, 06:24 PM
Timings for the event have changed. Boarding for the Eye is now 7.45pm to 8.30pm. You will then proceed straight to the boat, which will be moored at the London Eye pier from 8.00pm with last boarding for the boat at 9.30pm. (The reason it changed is that we now have one more hour of freestyle with an extended time of 2AM)
Eleanor
Sorry, another question...:flower:

Are we boarding on a first come, first served basis and does that mean that some people will have to queue outside for 3/4 of an hour? (I'm trying to workout what i'm going to wear here :D Big (fake) fur coat?:o )

Eleanor
20th-February-2006, 06:33 PM

Are we boarding on a first come, first served basis and does that mean that some people will have to queue outside for 3/4 of an hour? (I'm trying to workout what i'm going to wear here :D Big (fake) fur coat?:o )
Yes, boarding for the London Eye will be on a first come first serve basis. It is hard to predict whether guests will queue to board the Eye, as I don't know if everyone will turn up at the start of the event, or if guests will arrive in a staggered way.

Either way, I would suggest bringing a warm coat, as the London Eye is next to the river and so it can get cold and windy! The other option if you see a queue for the Eye, is to wait inside the (warm indoor!) ticket office until the queue reduces - this will be fine providing you have joined the queue to board by 8.30pm.

There will be no waiting after your flight on the eye, as the boat will be moored on the pier from 8.00pm so you can go straight on.

You won't however be able to go on the boat prior to your flight on the Eye, as you'll have one ticket for entry to the boat to be used once.

Hope this makes sense!

Lory
20th-February-2006, 06:37 PM
Hope this makes sense!
Yes, thank you :cheers:

senorita
21st-February-2006, 04:13 PM

(I'm trying to workout what i'm going to wear here :D Big (fake) fur coat?:o )

dee
21st-February-2006, 04:36 PM

Looking at the weather today maybe a Duvet would be a better idea :flower: Hope you all have a great time just a shame im not going :rofl:

stewart38
21st-February-2006, 04:48 PM
Looking at the weather today maybe a Duvet would be a better idea :flower: Hope you all have a great time just a shame im not going :rofl:

I told you, we need someone on the ground to give big wheel a big 'push' to get it going :whistle:

dee
21st-February-2006, 04:52 PM
I told you, we need someone on the ground to give big wheel a big 'push' to get it going :whistle:

I think the wind will do that :wink:

Zebra Woman
21st-February-2006, 06:07 PM
Hmmm

Miss Conduct and I were going to deposit our dance bags on the boat before the Eye flight. New plan is to keep our dance shoe bags with us for the flight and now they must be small enough to be allowed on board the Eye.

The London Eye website says:

small day size rucksacks and bags(maximum size 18" x 13" x 8" or 46cm x 33cm x 20cm)

Oh yes , and I'm contemplating wearing thermals under my ballgown.

NO LOOKING :what:

ZW

Simon r
21st-February-2006, 06:18 PM
Guys...

Is everyone wearing a DJ

I was hoping to go in trousers and shirt ...

Simon

Ladies is everyone going in a full ball gown as can't dance in one

Nicole

SilverFox
21st-February-2006, 06:28 PM
Guys...

Is everyone wearing a DJ

I was hoping to go in trousers and shirt ...
Well the info email says:

Dress code
Black tie or 1930s sparkling glamour. Gentlemen, if you do not possess black tie, please come dressed smartly in a suit or smart shirt and trousers.

Simon r
21st-February-2006, 06:31 PM
But what is everyone wearing.....

SilverFox
21st-February-2006, 06:34 PM
Black tie for me.

Tiggerbabe
21st-February-2006, 07:07 PM
Black tie for me.
that's all? :wink:

Cruella
21st-February-2006, 07:29 PM
Black tie for me.
If you need a hand doing it up, i've been practicing.:wink:

that's all? :wink:
I do think you ought to wear some trousers though it's going to be very cold.:whistle:

David Bailey
21st-February-2006, 07:46 PM
{ snip info }
:eek: Kristen ITC - death's too good for it.

I shall be giving my brand new waistcoat and matching dickie an airing :)

That's a bow tie, you filthy-minded person you

dee
21st-February-2006, 08:14 PM
Black tie for me.

If the foxy one is only wearing a tie i will expect pictures please :flower:

Rhythm King
22nd-February-2006, 02:20 PM
But what is everyone wearing.....

I'm still going with the white tie and tails idea myself...

SilverFox
22nd-February-2006, 03:20 PM
Black tie for me

that's all? :wink:Why, have you got another little number for me to try on?.....:o

If you need a hand getting it up, i've been practicing.:wink: I don't doubt it for a minute. :whistle:

Tiggerbabe
22nd-February-2006, 04:12 PM
Why, have you got another little number for me to try on?.....:o
There's always another little number floating around someplace :wink: :D

stewart38
22nd-February-2006, 04:17 PM
Well the info email says:

Dress code

what e-mail

new to me ?

im coming from work :sick:

TiggsTours
22nd-February-2006, 04:44 PM
what e-mail

new to me ?

im coming from work :sick:
So am I, I'll be getting changed there.

I have a sparkly little number lined up.:grin:

P.S. to see the email check out Cruella's posting, number 172.:wink:

Eleanor
22nd-February-2006, 04:49 PM

If anyone coming to the event has been missed off my email distribution list (probably as a friend booked them in) please email me at dance@ba-londoneye.com and I'll add you to the list!

I am also now keeping a waiting list of people trying to get hold of spare tickets - so please email me if you would like to be added to the list.

Eleanor (the event organiser)

stewart38
22nd-February-2006, 04:56 PM

Now i know ill take black tie to work,may even have a bath this week

Is you sparkly number foot proof this time :blush:

TiggsTours
22nd-February-2006, 05:33 PM
Now i know ill take black tie to work,may even have a bath this week

Is you sparkly number foot proof this time :blush:
Yes it is, this one is designed to move around in, not just to look at!

Eleanor
23rd-February-2006, 02:48 PM
:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :clap: :drool: :yeah:

The London Eye bit looks like "made for television" event. If Ceroc could get some SDF entrants involved as well it could get a BBC crew along to shoot a few second clip for the regional news and for SDF. If we could get some SDF entrants from around the country there it might just make the regional news elsewhere too. e.g. Janet & John of Little Bloomingtown raise their practice for SDF to new heights ... Good for the BBC, good for Ceroc
We have secured some National PR coverage!

Check out the Times newspaper on Saturday. Assuming no bigger news comes up, there will be a photo of four of us dancing in a capsule in black tie outfits with a story mentioning that there will be 350 people dancing on the Eye for the first time!

Thanks for Dale and Mas for modelling. The girls are Tuli (who works at the London Eye) and me (ok it was hard to get people to give up a day's work to get photographed, so we had to make do with me!).

Lee
23rd-February-2006, 02:52 PM
We have secured some National PR coverage!

Check out the Times newspaper on Saturday. Assuming no bigger news comes up, there will be a photo of four of us dancing in a capsule in black tie outfits with a story mentioning that there will be 350 people dancing on the Eye for the first time!

Thanks for Dale and Mas for modelling. The girls are Tuli (who works at the London Eye) and me (ok it was hard to get people to give up a day's work to get photographed, so we had to make do with me!).

Yay!!! I'm really sorry i couldn't model for you, but my agent demanded far too much money to appear in the press. I would have liked to have done it for free, but he's the boss. :rofl:

Well done!!

Lee

Rebecca
23rd-February-2006, 05:17 PM
Getting very excited about this now :clap: , although the organisation of parking, eating, changing, bags, boarding times etc is taking the edge off (plus being let down on a pair of shoes that were meant to have arrived special delivery this week :mad: ).

However, have sorted a Betty Boop style number and looking forward to lovely forumites joining the "Mystic Order of the Boom Boom a Latcha!" :wink:

See you all there (watch out for a top hat or two from our crowd too!) :flower:

stewart38
23rd-February-2006, 06:01 PM
Ok im being really thick and i havent time to read the whole thread

we just turn up and give our names ??

WittyBird
23rd-February-2006, 06:10 PM
Ok im being really thick and i havent time to read the whole thread

we just turn up and give our names ??

No :rolleyes:

Timings
7.30pm Check-in for event at London Eye's ticket office, located inside County Hall (the big building next to the London Eye).

7.45pm Boarding starts for 30 minute London Eye flight - each flight lasts 30 minutes and music will be piped into each capsule.

senorita
24th-February-2006, 09:57 AM
Black tie for me.

Is that all your wearing!! :eek:
You will be cold...and things start to shrivel up :eek: :D

LMC
24th-February-2006, 10:15 AM
It's f....airly cold today :eek:

Are any other women going to be arriving looking particularly gorgeous wearing trousers underneath their posh frock? :rofl:

senorita
24th-February-2006, 10:17 AM

Are any other women going to be arriving looking particularly gorgeous wearing trousers underneath their posh frock? :rofl:

Yes Cruella & myself will wear trousers underneath :blush: :rofl:
I dont care what I look like....just wanna be warm

David Bailey
24th-February-2006, 10:33 AM
Just had a flurry of snow in West London, brrr...

Scarf, jumper, and probably thermals, that's the ticket. Remember, we'll be queueing for a while. Unless someone wants to bring a boom box and we can dance whilst queueing? :grin:

senorita
24th-February-2006, 10:39 AM
Just had a flurry of snow in West London, brrr...

Scarf, jumper, and probably thermals, that's the ticket. Remember, we'll be queueing for a while. Unless someone wants to bring a boom box and we can dance whilst queueing? :grin:

Lory...do you have a boom box for us that you can bring in your car?? :rofl: :rofl:
And do you have a couple of spare fur coats and a quilt for me??

stewart38
24th-February-2006, 10:52 AM
Lory...do you have a boom box for us that you can bring in your car?? :rofl: :rofl:
And do you have a couple of spare fur coats and a quilt for me??

should you bring your own bedding ?

flurry of snow here in london

oh to be up in north scotland and expereince their mild weather

senorita
24th-February-2006, 10:54 AM
should you bring your own bedding ?

flurry of snow here in london

oh to be up in north scotland and expereince their mild weather

I am bringing my own bedding and more,..thats the problem!! lol :rofl:

scotland was like sibera....so this is mild for me :nice:

Lory
24th-February-2006, 11:00 AM
I've just come across an old pair of excercise pants, (a bit like thick footless tights:sick: ) and they're starting to look rather appealing! :what: :blush: :rofl:

senorita
24th-February-2006, 11:18 AM
I've just come across an old pair of excercise pants, (a bit like thick footless tights:sick: ) and they're starting to look rather appealing! :what: :blush: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: your too funny :respect: They would look wicked with some thigh length boots!! ....you can get them off andy Mcgregor

I have found a big black bin bag :rofl: (not that I'm planning to die from the cold or anything)

senorita
24th-February-2006, 11:43 AM
off home now to organise things at home, and things for tonight too! :grin:

cant wait for tonight!!

Look forward to seeing everybody and for the event. Have a great day everyone and catch ya soon :hug: :hug: xxx

Eleanor
24th-February-2006, 03:44 PM
Hello everyone

One last update about tonight!

Cold tonight!
It is pretty cold and windy down at the Eye here at the moment, as we are next to the river. You may be queuing for around half an hour to board the Eye, so I recommend you bring warm coats, etc. to wear over your outfits. There is plenty of room in the bench in the middle of the capsule to leave coats, bags etc. Please note we are turning the heating off in the capsules just before the event, as otherwise the noise drowns out the music. Hopefully, it shouldn't be too chilly, especially once we get dancing!

A couple more male tickets
Due to a couple of people being ill today, there are a few men's tickets up for grabs. If you know anyone interested in coming along please contact;
Mandy Symonds email Mandy.Symonds.ext@Siemens.com, phone 077 8877 7226
Matthew Thomas email matthew.e.thomas@bt.com
Or/ email me at dance@ba-londoneye.com

And finally...The Times newspaper!
Unfortunately, London Tonight did not film today, but check out tomorrow's edition of the the Times newspaper. Dale, Mas, Sarah Howell and I have just been photographed dancing on the London Eye in our black tie outfits. It is a great photo story as it is the first time, we have had guests dancing on the Eye! Great PR for Ceroc, especially in a national newspaper. Fingers crossed the photo will appear, unless another bigger story comes along in the meantime! The photographer by coincidence has danced Ceroc for 10 years, although not much in the past year. He joined in and had a dance and has been inspired to return dancing at Fulham!

See you tonight!
Eleanor

Tazmanian Devil
24th-February-2006, 03:45 PM

What a great idea!! Think I will go with that one :rofl: It is freezing today after all!!!

fletch
24th-February-2006, 04:00 PM
Have a FAB time all!!!

:tears: :tears: :tears:

stewart38
24th-February-2006, 04:34 PM
If there is a spare MALE forumite on here that doesnt have a partner for the POD please PM us :grin:

jacksondonut
24th-February-2006, 05:19 PM
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A SPECTACULAR EVENING

Will be thinking of you all, whilst dancing at the Corn Exchange..

ENJOY XX

Lynn
24th-February-2006, 07:34 PM
Have a FAB time all!!! :yeah:

Minnie M
24th-February-2006, 08:08 PM
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A SPECTACULAR EVENING....
:yeah: :flower: :yeah:
Have a great time and remember to take lots of photos please

:clap: :kiss: :hug: :clap::flower: :kiss: :hug: :clap: :cheers:

LMC
25th-February-2006, 02:33 AM
Unfortunately had to be Cinderella tonight owing to trains :(

But a lovely evening :nice: - I'll let those who were there all night post detailed reviews.

Well done Eleanor and the team.

Asif
25th-February-2006, 04:28 AM
WHAT a fantastic evening!!!

Well done Eleanor and Team for organsing a brilliant event. Got a great bunch of people in our pod on the London Eye, danced and looked at the London skyline, then had the rest of the evening on the beautiful Silver Sturgeon. Apart from the "usual" highlights (great music, great dancing, great raffle, great atmosphere, etc) - did anyone have any "unusual" hightlights. Mine were:-

Standing on top deck with Wayaaybird and getting "hynotised" into nearly falling over while looking up at the bridges.
Having a great "one arm" dance with a lovely dancer called Catherine (feels weird trying to use two arms now) :grin:
Best chat up line - girl came up to me and said "Smell my hands" :eek: - got me dancing with her!!
Most Romantic - Rebecca asking Dan to marry her :awe:

David Bailey
25th-February-2006, 10:56 AM
In order - Asif and TiggsTours, Icey and LMC, dancing in our pod, the WittyPod Crew, and some other strange people I took a random photo of in the queue...

Great evening, hope it raised a lot of money, well worth it.

Tiggerbabe
25th-February-2006, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the pictures DJ - would have loved to have been there.
Glad it all went according to plan. Well done Eleanor and the team :clap:

WittyBird
25th-February-2006, 11:53 AM
Cracking night :D
Well done Eleanor :respect:

No more to say really:flower:

Lovely to see everyone dressed up and glam.

Whens the next one???????:cheers:

Lory
25th-February-2006, 11:54 AM
:cheers: What a fabulous evening :cheers:

Everyone made such an effort, the dresses were amazing:worthy: and all the men looked :drool:

I don't know if it was just me but everytime I caught a glympse outside the window of the boat as we were going along, I nearly fell over! :blush: :rofl: Very weird feeling:sick:

I must just say, London looks very beautiful at night! ;)

Well done to Elenor and crew, you all did a wonderful job :respect: Lovely to meet you :nice: and I hope you made a lot more from the raffle! :clap:

A big thanks, to everyone I danced with! :hug:

David Bailey
25th-February-2006, 12:43 PM
There's a piece on page 25 of today's Times, showing Eleanor all glammed up for the event in a pod - online link here (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2057240,00.html), but no pic in the online version.

Minnie M
25th-February-2006, 01:04 PM
There's a piece on page 25 of today's Times, showing Eleanor all glammed up for the event in a pod - online link here (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2057240,00.html), but no pic in the online version.

their skills at salsa and swing
:really: really

Well done Eleanor - it was obviously a fantastic sucess - shame I couldn't make it :tears:

Rosie Posie
25th-February-2006, 01:16 PM
[QUOTE=WittyBird]Cracking night :D
Well done Eleanor :respect:

No more to say really:flower:

Brilliant night:respect: And what a lot of fun:nice: , Also great to put some faces to names, and thanks to all those i danced with, speacial thanks to the 8 people in my pod, Wayaaybird, Tazmanian Devil, Dirty D, Groovy Dancer, and Linda, Paul, and steve non forums.
Bring on the next one :clap:

Eleanor
25th-February-2006, 01:37 PM
A big THANK YOU to everyone for coming along and making it such a wonderful and memorable night.

We are still counting the money from the raffle but reckon we raised around £1,800 - making the grand total £10,000. That is two disabled kids lives changed by one night of dancing!!!

Everyone looked gorgeous and it was great to see everyone glammed up.

What fantastic dancers attended the event - thank you to all the lovely men I danced with. Great to meet a few people from the forum. What a double challenge - having to remember someone's 'real' name and their forum names as well! Apologies if I need any reminders when you next meet me!

Great photos! Glad everyone had a fantastic time! I'd really like to have as many photos as possible from the event as a record of the evening and in case I run this again! I'd be grateful if you can email me your photos (or the ones' you don't mind sharing) at dance@ba-londoneye.com.

We had a photographer there on the night and to raise a little bit more for Whizz-Kidz, I am going to set up a web site, so people can order the photos. If everyone is OK with this, I thought I'd post your photos there too so we can share them from the night so please only email me the ones you are happy to share!

For me the best moments were dancing with the London skyline, seeing a packed dance floor on the boat as we went past some more gorgeous London sites and Rebecca and Dan's engagement dance. Can someone get engaged at all my future events?!!!

Now just need to start planning the next one.... If you didn't manage to get a ticket but fancy coming along to the next event, please email me at dance@ba-londoneye.com and I'll add you to my mailing list.

See you at Storm or at T-jive on Sunday!

Captain Fantastic
25th-February-2006, 03:43 PM
£10,000. That is two disabled kids lives changed by one night of dancing!!!

The video was very touching. Well done Eleanor.

Rhythm King
25th-February-2006, 05:42 PM
Well done Eleanor and the Gang on a terrific evening! :worthy: :clap:
It was fantastic!

Here are some of my photos (please could you pm me either way, re sending copies to Eleanor to use on the London Eye site)

Minnie M
25th-February-2006, 05:44 PM
Here are some of my photos (please could you pm me either way, re sending copies to Eleanor to use on the London Eye site)
wow :drool: don't you guys look good :drool:
great photos R-K :clap:

Rhythm King
25th-February-2006, 05:47 PM
Well done for raising so much BTW :respect:

So some more pics, a view of the boat from the pod, Tazmanian Devil getting friendly, WittyBird and Taz banished to the poop deck for evilness :devil: and dancing with Icey, with St Pauls behind

David Bailey
25th-February-2006, 06:02 PM
Now just need to start planning the next one....
If you'd like a list of suggestions to make it even better...

Charge more - I reckon you could get £30 - £40 a ticket for that level of experience (hindsight's a wonderful thing isn't it!). Value-wise, it was more than fantastic.
Checking-in process could have been a bit smoother I think - either a couple more people helping on the booking desk, or a simpler procedure, or both. Even something simple like handing out sign-in forms to people in the queue, saving people having to fill them in at the desk, and possibly collecting them in groups of 8, would have probably helped. Again, it's great to have hindsight.
Having food available was great - any chance of extending the kitchen opening hours, and/or selling snacks for when the kitchen closes? I was getting a bit peckish around midnight...

Maybe this could be a new annual institution. :clap:

fletch
25th-February-2006, 06:08 PM
Fantastic!!!!!:worthy:

More photo's please:clap:

Eleanor
25th-February-2006, 06:27 PM
Hello!

Apparently photos are bouncing back to my dance email box :confused:

Please try eleanor.harris@ba-londoneye.com.

Thanks! Eleanor

Eleanor
25th-February-2006, 06:44 PM
If you'd like a list of suggestions to make it even better...

Maybe this could be a new annual institution. :clap:

All good points, thanks for the feedback. I am thinking about making this an annaul event, so any constructive feedback is welcome.

Charge more - I reckon you could get £30 - £40 a ticket for that level of experience (hindsight's a wonderful thing isn't it!). Value-wise, it was more than fantastic. :

I am afraid as most of you are aware, to run this event commercially (i.e., if the Eye/boat are not donated for free, which was a one off) would mean that the ticket price would be much higher. I have done some rough calculations and think a ticket price would need to be much more in the region of £75.00. YIKES!

What would be useful to know is:
- How much would everyone be prepared to go this event again?
- Would £75.00 be worth it if I could get the event extended even later or we could have more freestyle (i.e., lose the classes and no presentations/ raffle)
- What was the highlight of the night for you? To achieve a ticket price of £45-£50, I suspect we'd have to choose between an event involving the Eye plus somewhere other than the boat or just the boat without the Eye. I could of course run two different events so we get a choice, but would be interested to know what everyone thinks....

I'm sure these questions will start quite a bit of debate!

Checking-in process could have been a bit smoother I think - either a couple more people helping on the booking desk, or a simpler procedure, or both. Even something simple like handing out sign-in forms to people in the queue, saving people having to fill them in at the desk, and possibly collecting them in groups of 8, would have probably helped. Again, it's great to have hindsight.:

Very good point. This is my fault. I should have had everyone agree to terms and conditions when they booked, not when they checked-in. Have learnt for next time! My apologies therefore that things were delayed. Fortunately I had organised for the London Eye staff to work 45 minutes beyond the 'advertised' boarding and check-in times, in case we had any kind of delay.

Having food available was great - any chance of extending the kitchen opening hours, and/or selling snacks for when the kitchen closes? I was getting a bit peckish around midnight...

I agreed with Woods that food would be served until 11pm, as after then the costs would have escalated as they would have had to pay overtime etc. Before we closed the food, we made an announcement 20 minutes in advance and food orders had really tailed off. Good point about snacks though. I'll bear all this i mind in future.

The other things I would change for the future would be to try to improve the temporary dance floor. This was a tough one, as the boat is an awkward space to work with, with the pillars and lack of straight edges, however the one chosen although nice and smooth did start to break up later on in the night.

The other thing I have noted for future events was the temperature of the boat. We purposefully turned the heating off all day to make sure that the boat would not get too hot when we were dancing, as there can be an issue with doors being open later on at night as the river police don't like loud music being played on the river later on. However in retrospect we went too far with the cooling on such a cold day and it was rather chilly! Sorry about that - but all the more incentive to keep dancing!

Spin dryer
25th-February-2006, 08:05 PM
WHAT a fantastic evening!!!

Apart from the "usual" highlights (great music, great dancing, great raffle, great atmosphere, etc) - did anyone have any "unusual" hightlights. Mine were:-
[/LIST]

getting a dose of my own medicine and, for the first time, being at the receiving end of my spin dryer move
having a Mancunian woman run up to me and tell me that her friend was very keen to dance with me (people aren't usually shy at dance events)
dancing with a fellow Mancunian for the first time (she might have been shy but she was very good)
dancing with a woman, whose anonymity I shall preserve, who spent the entire dance showing off her (admittedly very sexy) bum
being sandwiched between 2 friends, one of whom was crying because the other wouldn't dance with her, and the reluctant and very drunk dancer laughing at me taking the flak for his misdemeanours
seeing all the women so beautifully dressed.
witnessing the bizarre scene at the end by the DJ area where 5 guys and just one woman were engaged in what can only be described as a scene from a swinging party (and I'm not talking lindy hop)
the realisation that sensual pleasures can be found in the most unexpected locations: last week a sports hall in Daventry, this week in the air and on the water, and next week at a desolate, decaying holiday camp on the south coast

Congratulations to Eleanor and everyone else involved in putting on a lovely evening.

M

dee
25th-February-2006, 08:17 PM
Fantastic pictures:clap: you all look so lovely :hug: glad you all had a good time

Tazmanian Devil
25th-February-2006, 08:26 PM
:clap: In order we have Dirty D :drool: Groovy Dancer :yum: and Wittybird:yum: :yum: Me, Wayaay bird and Rosie posie :flower:
R-K :yum: and me x2

Tazmanian Devil
25th-February-2006, 08:31 PM
I love this picture just a shame a few more forumites were not in it!!
We have Groovy dancer, Kev F, Lory, Dirty D, Rosie posie, Wayaay bird and Asif :clap: :clap:

Spin dryer
25th-February-2006, 08:34 PM
Great pics Tazmanian Devil. I must add the DT dance with Rosie and Wayaay Bird to my highlights list.:nice:

Tazmanian Devil
25th-February-2006, 08:36 PM
last ones from me :clap:
Me and Groovy Dancer :yum: :yum: me and Spice and Easy,:drool: :drool:
As you can see I run around hugging all the gorgeous men :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tiggerbabe
25th-February-2006, 08:44 PM
Brilliant photos, guys, thanks :clap: :hug:

David Bailey
25th-February-2006, 08:45 PM
I am afraid as most of you are aware, to run this event commercially (i.e., if the Eye/boat are not donated for free, which was a one off) would mean that the ticket price would be much higher. I have done some rough calculations and think a ticket price would need to be much more in the region of £75.00. YIKES!
Yikes indeed, but yes, that sounds about right, from a totally-commercial point of view.

I think most people would probably not pay that much, alas, simply because that's close to the amount of money you'd pay for a full weekender. Plus, if it's fully commercial, you're competing with all the other managers and events on a commercial basis. Hmmm, I reckon if you can't get the same level of contributions from various people, it may not be worth it.

But personally, I'd happily pay £40 - maybe £50 at a pinch, considering it's for a good cause.

And to me, the highlight was definitely the pod-dancing, but that's mainly because I've done the boat-dancing before. Maybe that's the angle - go for "original experiences"? Dancing on the Orient Express? :innocent:

The other things I would change for the future would be to try to improve the temporary dance floor. This was a tough one, as the boat is an awkward space to work with, with the pillars and lack of straight edges, however the one chosen although nice and smooth did start to break up later on in the night.
Temporary floors are always complete b&ggers to sort out. My only comment would be that the floor on the "DJ-end" (stern? aft? who knows? :confused: ) was a bit sticky - talcum powder is the tried-and-trusted method in these circumstances, I believe. :nice:

However in retrospect we went too far with the cooling on such a cold day and it was rather chilly! Sorry about that - but all the more incentive to keep dancing!
I didn't mind that so much - less changes of clothes needed :)

Once again, it was a great event, truly memorable, and thank you so much for organising it.

Eleanor
25th-February-2006, 09:21 PM
Here are some photos from our capsule!

Tazmanian Devil
25th-February-2006, 09:54 PM
As you can see I run around hugging all the gorgeous men :clap: :clap: :clap:
In thinking about it no pic of me hugging Dirty D or Silver Fox so not quite all the gorgeous men :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Kev F
26th-February-2006, 01:10 PM
Fantastic evening and thanks to Eleanor for organsing this wonderful event.:respect:

I managed to take a few photos...but sadly never enough. But maybe that's just because I'm always enjoying myself too much. :D :clap:

Kev F
26th-February-2006, 01:27 PM
The most bizarre thing happened when I took this photo of Groovy Dancer. It appears his head has turned into an alloy wheel. :confused:

Is this a case for the x-files?????

Or is there any connection to his thread What's his mode of transportation?? (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=202435&postcount=1)

Lory
26th-February-2006, 02:40 PM
The most bizarre thing happened when I took this photo of Groovy Dancer. It appears his head has turned into an alloy wheel. :confused:

Is this a case for the x-files?????

Or is there any connection to his thread What's his mode of transportation?? (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=202435&postcount=1)
This is so wierd, I couldn't believe it on the night, where has his head gone???? :what: :confused: :rofl:

Tazmanian Devil
26th-February-2006, 07:23 PM
More pics. Me, Wayaay Bird and Rosie Posie. Wayaay bird and Dirty D. Me wayaay bird and Paul (non forumite) Me wayaay bird and Rosie Posie in pod. Groovy Dancer and me

Tazmanian Devil
26th-February-2006, 07:31 PM
Linda (non Forumite) and Dirty D. Rosie Posie, Me, Wayaay Bird and Linda. Rosie Posie, Me, Witty Bird, Groovy Dancer and Wayaay Bird. 2x Non Forumites Dirty D and Groovy Dancer

Eleanor
26th-February-2006, 07:54 PM
And some more photos from the event!

LMC
26th-February-2006, 07:57 PM
Can't wait until the "official" website is up and running with photos :clap:

Eleanor, as everyone was dressed up to the nines, perhaps get an official photographer next time where people can get professional standard pics of themselves and their partner/group (at a charge of course) - I would recommend FeelingPink, but she'd want to be dancing :rofl:

David Bailey
26th-February-2006, 08:00 PM
(non forumite)
:confused: Is that allowed? :whistle:

(Nice pics :) )

stewart38
26th-February-2006, 09:04 PM
Stewart38 with birds. One of 'Ben' in there and one of the 'Happy' couple, what was he doing ??

Yes and pic of a group good looking people as well to balance things up

stewart38
26th-February-2006, 09:16 PM
Sorry Ben seem to have missed you out. Plus a better pic of the happy couple , someone taking a pic ?

stewart38
26th-February-2006, 09:19 PM
Im getting there :blush:

Tazmanian Devil
26th-February-2006, 11:17 PM
Just Recieved these from Groovy Dancer

Tazmanian Devil
26th-February-2006, 11:18 PM
And these :clap: :clap:

Minnie M
27th-February-2006, 12:54 AM
Great photos everyone :worthy: and thanks Taz for letting us know who they are in your photos - however there are some people on the other piccies I don't recognise :blush: :tears:

Is there a photo of the lady hereself (Eleanor) :innocent: the only one I recognise in her pod is Russell :blush:

Tazmanian Devil
27th-February-2006, 12:59 AM
Great photos everyone :worthy: and thanks Taz for letting us know who they are in your photos - however there are some people on the other piccies I don't recognise :blush: :tears:

Is there a photo of the lady hereself (Eleanor) :innocent: the only one I recognise in her pod is Russell :blush:

No worries luvvy :worthy: I have also put a link in The who's who thread for future reference. :wink:

stewart38
27th-February-2006, 01:58 AM

What would be useful to know is:
- How much would everyone be prepared to go this event again?
- Would £75.00 be worth it if I could get the event extended even later or we could have more freestyle (i.e., lose the classes and no presentations/ raffle)
- What was the highlight of the night for you? To achieve a ticket price of £45-£50, I suspect we'd have to choose between an event involving the Eye plus somewhere other than the boat or just the boat without the Eye. I could of course run two different events so we get a choice, but would be interested to know what everyone thinks....

I'm sure these questions will start quite a bit of debate!

The other thing I have noted for future events was the temperature of the boat. We purposefully turned the heating off all day to make sure that the boat would not get too hot when we were dancing, as there can be an issue with doors being open later on at night as the river police don't like loud music being played on the river later on. However in retrospect we went too far with the cooling on such a cold day and it was rather chilly! Sorry about that - but all the more incentive to keep dancing!

It wasnt too chilly ?? So not sure what that was about ?

Re price

Ceroc use to have river cruises down the Thames but they seem to stop 2001 at cira £25/£30. That was also a full cruise, last one september 2001 ? The boat i think was biger then the one on friday

I think £35 would be about right with eye and as thats not commercially viable ,just do the boat and this summer

I wouldnt pay £70 to do it again

Missy D
27th-February-2006, 08:52 AM
So glad everyone enjoyed what looked like a fantastic night. Brilliant pictures too. I must overcome my fear of water, heights and confined places so that i can join in the fun next time. Maybe just throw a spider in my pod so i can overcome all my fears at once.

Cruella
27th-February-2006, 09:27 AM

Post 253 is Howard and Nicola (Blues teachers) Russell is with Senorita.

Icey
27th-February-2006, 10:39 AM
All good points, thanks for the feedback. I am thinking about making this an annaul event, so any constructive feedback is welcome.

Any chance the event could be on a Saturday night? Trying to get home from work, dressed up and up to Embankment wasn't easy - I ahd to bribe my boss with lots of tea so that I cuold leave at 4.30pm:( Also, the trains run later on a saturday night.

I had an amazing evening, Mr Darcy was in charge of the camera so I'm sure he'll be posting the photos later :nice:

LMC
27th-February-2006, 10:48 AM
Any chance the event could be on a Saturday night?
Big :yeah: - I had to go straight from work. Such a shame to leave early, I felt like I was just getting into the evening and had to leave to get the last train :(

stewart38
27th-February-2006, 10:53 AM
Big :yeah: - I had to go straight from work. Such a shame to leave early, I felt like I was just getting into the evening and had to leave to get the last train :(

No worries , your winning raffel ticket re Flight to New York was put back in the bag and someone else one the top prize

Eleanor
27th-February-2006, 11:13 AM

Sorry should have explained who everyone was..

Post 246, left to right and top to bottom are me & my dance partner Christophe, Howard & Nicola, Mas (Ceroc DJ) and Sarah (Russell's demonstrator), Sarah & Russell, then me striking a pose!

Post 253 - me with groovy dancer, Howard & Nicola, Russell and Susanna.

Eleanor
27th-February-2006, 11:15 AM
Any chance the event could be on a Saturday night? Trying to get home from work, dressed up and up to Embankment wasn't easy - I ahd to bribe my boss with lots of tea so that I cuold leave at 4.30pm:( Also, the trains run later on a saturday night.

I had an amazing evening, Mr Darcy was in charge of the camera so I'm sure he'll be posting the photos later :nice:
I originally tried to have the event on a Saturday night but couldn't get the boat for free then as it is a peak night for Woods, so I had to fit around them. Friday night seemed like a good compromise, especially as it meant not clashing with a Hammersmith frestyle.

Having said that, any future events are most likely to be on a Friday night as venues are a bit cheaper then... perhaps next time, I will try to negotiate a cheap hotel deal for anyone who doesn't live in London and look at extending the night until a little later?

Puddy Tat
27th-February-2006, 11:21 AM
Well done Eleanor and the Gang on a terrific evening! :worthy: :clap:
It was fantastic!

Lovely photos RK, thank you! :kiss:

It was great fun dancing in the pod and on the boat so huge thanks to Eleanor and the team for organising such a wonderful event and raising so much money for charity. :respect:

Love from Kate :kiss: :hug: :kiss:

It was a really fun evening

Rosie Posie
27th-February-2006, 02:17 PM
Spin Dryer dancing with u is always a pleasure:wink: , and of course DT with wayaay bird was brilliant:nice: . What a great evening, cant wait for the next one.
All the photo's look great.:clap: :respect: :clap:
Taz i love your pic's :whistle:

Dizzy
27th-February-2006, 02:20 PM
WOW!!!!

Looks like everyone had a fantastic time and the photos are fab!! :respect: :worthy: :clap: :clap: :hug:

Sorry to have missed such a good event now but I had a great time dancing in Devon :clap: :clap:.

Hope that I will have a chance to do this when another event can be organised. :clap: :clap:

BIG :respect: to Eleanor for such a great event!! :worthy: :worthy:

Tazmanian Devil
27th-February-2006, 02:25 PM
Spin Dryer dancing with u is always a pleasure:wink: , and of course DT with wayaay bird was brilliant:nice: . What a great evening, cant wait for the next one.
All the photo's look great.:clap: :respect: :clap:
Taz i love your pic's :whistle:
Hey some of them are yours too you know :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lynn
27th-February-2006, 02:26 PM
perhaps next time, I will try to negotiate a cheap hotel deal for anyone who doesn't live in London and look at extending the night until a little later?That would be fab! :clap:

Rosie Posie
27th-February-2006, 03:30 PM
Hey some of them are yours too you know :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I know, but i love them anyway! lol
heres one of me and Wayaay Bird

Minnie M
27th-February-2006, 05:27 PM
Sorry should have explained who everyone was..

Post 246, left to right and top to bottom are me & my dance partner Christophe, Howard & Nicola, Mas (Ceroc DJ) and Sarah (Russell's demonstrator), Sarah & Russell, then me striking a pose!

Post 253 - me with groovy dancer, Howard & Nicola, Russell and Susanna.
:flower: thanks

Lory
27th-February-2006, 05:57 PM

Highlights

Everybody making a real effort to get dressed up, it made the whole thing feel very special!:waycool:

Going on the eye - but I'm not sure I'd be too bothered about doing it again, so the option to just go on the boat would be nice. :nice:

The Champagne reception - Having time to socialise - i.e. non dancing time :cheers:

My wish list...

One of the rooms to play Smooth Blues and Luscious latin:flower:

The music to be a bit louder, it was a little too quiet for me at the stern

Nibbles on the tables?

And now for the impossible - The boat to stay still! :devil:

All in all, I just love the idea of a 'special' events! Which include, a LONG evening, starting early, with drinks and social time and dancing till the early hours, in plush surroundings, with an excuse to get dressed up :clap: :clap:

Lee
27th-February-2006, 07:19 PM
A big THANK YOU to everyone for coming along and making it such a wonderful and memorable night.

We are still counting the money from the raffle but reckon we raised around £1,800 - making the grand total £10,000. That is two disabled kids lives changed by one night of dancing!!!

What a great night, well done Eleanor!!!!!

:respect: :respect: :respect:

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Lee

Mr Darcy
27th-February-2006, 08:26 PM

:yeah: Had a really lovely night, Just wish we could have stayed longer so I could have danced with more of you. Anyway, here are some more photos...

Cruella
2nd-March-2006, 07:18 PM
Our Pod: Rebecca & Dan (Captain Fantastic), Dans parents, Non forumites DJ & Susan and Ian L.

Cruella
2nd-March-2006, 07:23 PM
The people from our Pod, Stewart38 and friend, Senorita & Ian L, Lory & Kev, Senorita & Steve, Dirty D

Cruella
2nd-March-2006, 07:28 PM
Senorita & Asif, ZW & Limpy Tink, Lory & Kev F, PuddyTat and ?, Russell & ?

stewart38
3rd-March-2006, 12:11 PM
The people from our Pod, Stewart38 and friend, Senorita & Ian L, Lory & Kev, Senorita & Steve, Dirty D

I should have had my jacket on :tears:

I like the 'and friend' she is Angela and is new to ceroc and loves it and when she gets her PC working will know doubt be telling everyone on here

She has already noticed that i seem to have a fixed number of moves :sad: Beginners :mad:

David Bailey
7th-March-2006, 09:22 PM
Just got an email - the photos are now up for sale at:
http://www.photoboxgallery.com/eyedance

senorita
8th-March-2006, 10:23 AM

Very nice! thankyou DJ :hug: :hug:

LMC
8th-March-2006, 10:32 AM
Go to video.google.com and do a search on Ceroc :D

As well as WB and Taz, already 'advertised', you'll get a couple of minutes of a headless Icey and Mr Darcy dancing in the pod! The Long One and I also appear briefly in one of them, luckily at pod length and not too close.

senorita
8th-March-2006, 10:49 AM
Go to video.google.com and do a search on Ceroc :D

As well as WB and Taz, already 'advertised', you'll get a couple of minutes of a headless Icey and Mr Darcy dancing in the pod! The Long One and I also appear briefly in one of them, luckily at pod length and not too close.

Ha wicked!! :rofl:
thanks LMC :hug:

Lynn
8th-March-2006, 01:48 PM
As well as WB and Taz, already 'advertised', you'll get a couple of minutes of a headless Icey and Mr Darcy dancing in the pod! The Long One and I also appear briefly in one of them, luckily at pod length and not too close.Yep, seen that - didn't know who the 'from the bench' dancing was. I knew that was you though! (Didn't recognise who with.)

Icey
8th-March-2006, 02:29 PM

A rather nice one of LMC flashing a bit of leg in #112 :D

Icey
8th-March-2006, 02:31 PM
you'll get a couple of minutes of a headless Icey and Mr Darcy dancing in the pod!

:blush: Badly! Dodgy left arm action going on. Must work on that one straight away! :eek:

LMC
8th-March-2006, 02:48 PM
A rather nice one of LMC flashing a bit of leg in #112 :D
Darn, I was hoping no-one would spot that :blush: - I was actually really enjoying that dance even if my expression doesn't look like it :rofl:

They were black btw, save you looking too closely :rolleyes:

Didn't notice the arm Icey but thought your frame was lovely :hug:

Miss Conduct
9th-March-2006, 11:56 AM

Anyone know if it's too late to add to the photo's? I've just had my film developed (yes, some of us still use 35mm) and had it put on a CD so that I can add a few.

If I'm not too late the next step will be to find out how to send them....:blush:

Eleanor
9th-March-2006, 03:18 PM
Anyone know if it's too late to add to the photo's? I've just had my film developed (yes, some of us still use 35mm) and had it put on a CD so that I can add a few.

If I'm not too late the next step will be to find out how to send them....:blush:

I am still adding photos whenever I receive them to the photobox gallery, with the aim of raising as much money as possible to Whizz-Kidz as all proceeds from the sale are going to charity. In fact, I have added some new photos today including some great ones of the Silver Sturgeon boat and the photos from our original publicity photo shoot, as well as some more photos sent to me by people who attended.

Thank you to everyone who has already sent some to me.

You can either email them to me at dance@ba-londoneye.com (generally you will need to email 3 photos at a time) or else you can post me your CD to Eleanor Harris, British Airways London Eye, Riverside Building, County Hall, Westminster Bridge Road, London SE1 7PB.

Thanks! :clap:

Asif
9th-March-2006, 05:27 PM
DavidJames, Phillipa (Non-Forumite), Me, Witty, Tigg, Helen (NF) & Seamus (NF). Helen & Seamus. Me. Me & Tigg. Me & Wayaaybird

Tiggerbabe
10th-March-2006, 01:10 PM
Is that Seamus that Lory sent over to dance with me at Storm? Fastest dance I had all weekend, (think it's the fastest dance I've had EVER) took about another 6 tracks to recover - Was great fun though! :D :worthy:

Asif
10th-March-2006, 01:52 PM
Is that Seamus that Lory sent over to dance with me at Storm? Fastest dance I had all weekend, (think it's the fastest dance I've had EVER) took about another 6 tracks to recover - Was great fun though! :D :worthy:
That's the one. Never dance with him if you are a bit tired as he will knacker you out (well, you've already worked that one out!) :wink:

Lory
10th-March-2006, 02:57 PM
That's the one. Never dance with him if you are a bit tired as he will knacker you out (well, you've already worked that one out!) :wink:
:yeah: Tiggerbabe was looking far too fresh and lively for my liking! :D

bigdjiver
10th-March-2006, 03:46 PM
Part of the Storm aftermath is tha Michaela (Ceroc Central teacher) has come back with some new styling tips which she is passing on to her classes.

Miss Conduct
18th-March-2006, 01:29 AM
If I've done this right there are more to follow...

Tiggerbabe
18th-March-2006, 01:35 AM
But whose head was that you cut off? :whistle:

Miss Conduct
18th-March-2006, 01:45 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Miss Conduct
18th-March-2006, 01:49 AM

Oh dear, that was Rythem King but if I can work this out there are some good one's of him so I hope he'll forgive me...:flower:

Miss Conduct
18th-March-2006, 02:11 AM
the previous line up were; Puddy Tat, SilverFox, Me, Zebra Woman, Spice 'n' Easy, Limpy Tink & Rhythm King.

Miss Conduct
18th-March-2006, 02:46 AM
Hmm, didn't work that time I'll try another one. :blush:

Rhythm King
18th-March-2006, 01:22 PM
If I've done this right there are more to follow...

Cheers Karen :sad:

Miss Conduct
19th-March-2006, 11:37 AM
Cheers Karen :sad:

sorry, hope this makes up for it. :flower:

Miss Conduct
19th-March-2006, 12:07 PM
There are more but my computer is very old and very slow. (Or maybe that's just me!)

Rhythm King
19th-March-2006, 12:11 PM
sorry, hope this makes up for it. :flower:
Definitely :grin:

Zebra Woman
19th-March-2006, 12:15 PM
Well done Miss Conduct for hanging in there and uploading them :clap:.

They are fab photos.:worthy:

Miss Conduct
19th-March-2006, 12:38 PM
Still trying...

Miss Conduct
19th-March-2006, 12:49 PM
Well done Miss Conduct for hanging in there and uploading them :clap:.

They are fab photos.:worthy:

Can't take too much credit, that goes to SilverFox... Big THANK YOU for very patiently talking me through the process. :cheers:

Have to confess though that I appear to have lost a couple along the way, I'll post them when/if I find them. :sad: