PDA

View Full Version : Greenwich Ball Thur 29th Dec 2005 - wow!

marty_baby
30th-December-2005, 05:14 PM
Hiya All,

It was a fantastic night! Possibly the best music I've had the pleasure to dance to yet!

Are the Greenwich dances always like this??!?! The 2 room set up is a must!
I think I'll be coming along from now on - if last night is the norm... :na:

It is a shame it finished so early though. perhaps a later finish for next's years ball?

The DJ'ing was admazing - The 2 separate rooms (well 3....) really worked well, adding contrast, variety and the option to for you to mix up your night any way you liked.

Loved the big band up-tempo tracks in the main hall. The Bluesy/Jango/WCS stuff in the 2nd hall was wicked as well - All of the night was really inspiring!

Thanks for all the dances ladies. Loads of familiar faces and some new ones :)

Its nice to see everyone dressing up for the occasion. The ladies looked classy as hell. I think for the blokes though - the Full DJ is way to much to dance in! :o ...and I had to have crappy braces on to keep my DJ trousers up, as they don't have belt loops or anything! :rofl:

Cheers
Martin

Russell Saxby
30th-December-2005, 05:44 PM
Hi All

Thanks to everyone who came along last night and made it such a great evening.

I have put a few photos on our website. I have loads more which I will put on next week.

http://www.cerocgreenwich.co.uk/gallery.htm

cheers

Russell

Stu
30th-December-2005, 05:47 PM
I had a great time and loads of fabulous dances with people that I hadn't danced with before. :D

Guys, I thought we let the image down a bit! It was supposed to be black tie!

I felt that it was slightly overcrowded, but I did love the 2 extra rooms, 1 for elegance and 1 was cosy.

12am finish time was a little galling having travelled all the way from Reading for the event, although parking was excellent.

Good spread with the tea/coffee/ice cold water & cookies, it was much appreciated :nice:

El Salsero Gringo
30th-December-2005, 06:00 PM
Hi All

Thanks to everyone who came along last night and made it such a great evening.

I have put a few photos on our website. I have loads more which I will put on next week.

http://www.cerocgreenwich.co.uk/gallery.htm

cheers

RussellGreat evening.

By the way, Russell - you might want to resize the photos before you post them. At up to 3500 x 2300 pixels and 2MB each, they're a tad large.

Russell Saxby
30th-December-2005, 06:15 PM
Great evening.

By the way, Russell - you might want to resize the photos before you post them. At up to 3500 x 2300 pixels and 2MB each, they're a tad large.

I thought I had to 400 x something or other.. I will have another look

cheers

Russell Saxby
30th-December-2005, 08:07 PM
I thought I had to 400 x something or other.. I will have another look

cheers

Should all be ok now... and got a chance to put the rest on there.

Russell

Sparkles
3rd-January-2006, 12:46 PM
Really good photos - I particularly like the one of Mary and Tony - and would dearly love to know what's contained within the thought bubbles above ZW and Cruellas' heads :whistle: :wink:.

The Greenwich party was brilliant! Thank you so much to everyone who organised it and everyone I danced with - and big apologies to everyone I missed (there were so many good dancers there!).

S. xx

Puddy Tat
3rd-January-2006, 01:09 PM
The Greenwich party was brilliant! Thank you so much to everyone who organised it and everyone I danced with - and big apologies to everyone I missed (there were so many good dancers there!).

S. xx[/quote]

I agree, it was a fabulous evening: beautiful venue, great atmosphere and music and lovely dancers. Thank you to everyone for organising it and I hope there'll be another one for 2006!

xx