PDA

View Full Version : 2 Per Track or 2 Per Round...

Jive Brummie
30th-December-2005, 02:16 PM
As the title cunningly suggests, (and apologies in advance if this has already been sorted out:flower: ), but Blackpool advanced in March... Can we do 2 aerials per track or 2 per round.

j.

Not that it matters too much as FC and I are pants at aerials! We can do a pretty mean floor-ial however:whistle:

David Franklin
30th-December-2005, 02:27 PM
As the title cunningly suggests, (and apologies in advance if this has already been sorted out:flower: ), but Blackpool advanced in March... Can we do 2 aerials per track or 2 per round.Current rules just state: "2 Air steps only Aloud". So I'd guess you can do as many as you like as long as you're quiet about it... :wink:

DavidB
30th-December-2005, 03:04 PM
Hopefully the compere will have the same understanding of the rules as the competitors - unlike some other competitions

TheTramp
30th-December-2005, 04:15 PM
Hopefully the compere will have the same understanding of the rules as the competitors - unlike some other competitions
Is that the competition when you can only do so many aerials.

But, if you do happen to do more, what we'll actually do, is not disqualify you, but just deduct you points. But only if it doesn't actually make any difference to the overall score?? :whistle:

DavidB
30th-December-2005, 04:55 PM
Is that the competition when you can only do so many aerials. But, if you do happen to do more, what we'll actually do, is not disqualify you, but just deduct you points. But only if it doesn't actually make any difference to the overall score??No - it was the one where the compere told two couples that they had already done their maximum number of aerials in the first track in the final, and couldn't do any more. Even though the rules said 2 aerials per track...

Have to admit I was surprised when the Blackpool comp said aerials were going to be allowed. Nobody really does big aerials any more, and most of the top couples would be better off dancing for an extra 30 seconds than doing a risky move.

David

Dance Demon
30th-December-2005, 05:16 PM
Not that it matters too much as FC and I are pants at aerials! We can do a pretty mean floor-ial however:whistle:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .......Nice to hear from you James, wondered where you'd been hiding.......looking forward to seeing the floor-ial:D