PDA

View Full Version : Post Farewell Henry Wood Hall Party

Jenni
30th-December-2005, 06:30 AM
Won't go into detail about the event itself - I'll leave that for Ducasi's blog.

Just wanted to say thanks to the organisers and DJs for a fab night even if we did get thrown out at 3am instead of 6am.

Thanks to everyone I had fantastic dances with including Ducasi, KillingTime and Azande.

Going to sleep now until its time for Hogmanay Ball

Jenni :flower:

Dance Demon
30th-December-2005, 07:09 AM
yay....was fab, at least up until I left at around 11.30pm....had to leave early coz I am working this morning ( up at 5.30am) and before the snow got any worse. Great turn out for the last night at HWH....and great to get the chance to play a more up tempo set earlier in the night for a change. Looking forward to seeing all the playlists, once Tiggerbabe has recovered enough to put them all on the Forum:waycool: ....Nice to see Drathzel back in Bonnie scotland again...even if was just for one night:hug: Good luck in your new venture Danielle:hug: :hug: .........And once again well done Franck for making the HWH last night a special one:cheers:

TheTramp
30th-December-2005, 09:10 AM
Had a good night too, despite arriving with a cold, and not feeling all that great. Took me a while to warm up, but then had some really lovely dances. Can't believe all the people I missed though. Not a single dance with Tiggerbabe to name just one :tears:

Food afterwards was fun too, with some great company. Set me up nicely for the longer than usual drive home through the snow. Thanks to Cheeks for the company on the drive :flower:

ducasi
30th-December-2005, 12:24 PM
Won't go into detail about the event itself - I'll leave that for Ducasi's blog. Finished it at about 7 am this morning. Here's (http://ducasi.org/blog/2005/12/30/farewell-to-the-henry-wood-hall/) what you've all been waiting for...

Just wanted to say thanks to the organisers and DJs for a fab night even if we did get thrown out at 3am instead of 6am. :yeah:

Thanks to everyone I had fantastic dances with including Ducasi, KillingTime and Azande. :blush: I loved every second of our dances. So glad you could make it, and I especially loved that gorgeous dress you were wearing. :wink:

Going to sleep now until its time for Hogmanay Ball Wish I could too... Going out tonight with some pals, and again for Hogmanay, so won't make the Hogmanay ball across in Edinburgh. :tears:

But I will be going back to my bed before all that. :)

See you all in the new year. :flower:

Jenni
30th-December-2005, 03:06 PM
Finished it at about 7 am this morning.

Your nuts! - I'm sure that could have waited till you'd had some sleep :nice:

...and I especially loved that gorgeous dress you were wearing. :wink:

:rofl: :rolleyes: that'll be for being unreasonable and wearing my jeans then :whistle:

oh - and always being right :wink:

ducasi
30th-December-2005, 04:18 PM
Your nuts! What about my nuts?! :what:

- I'm sure that could have waited till you'd had some sleep :nice: Strangely, I wasn't that tired, and needed to get my thoughts written down before I went to bed – it helps clear my head making it easier to sleep.

:rofl: :rolleyes: that'll be for being unreasonable and wearing my jeans then :whistle:

oh - and always being right :wink: Definitely unreasonable behaviour. :( But I'll let you off, as it's my birthday and I'm feeling generous today. :)

Back to the dance... It was good to see so many folks that had travelled so far, including some from Inverness, Dundee, Brechin, and Northern Ireland!

Looking forward to visiting NI some time next year. October, if not sooner!

TheTramp
30th-December-2005, 04:21 PM
Looking forward to visiting NI some time next year. October, if not sooner!
Nah. You want to come over in March. I hear that there's going to be some fantastic workshops and stuff :whistle: . And a great party!! :clap:

Tiggerbabe
30th-December-2005, 05:09 PM
Have to agree with everyone, this was a terrrific party :clap: :D

Great to see so many people from so far (and so near!) I had so many wonderful dances. Franck had the hall looking (and sounding :wink: ) great, and many thanks to the bar staff and door staff for making it possible for us to stay till 3am.

Franck, where did you get those fab truffles? (My one regret of the night is that I couldn't find a single table with any left :tears: )

Will post the combined playlists later on (am chilling/recovering at the moment :wink: )............. who volunteered me for that job by the way?

Breakfast was fab! Nothing like macaroni cheese at 4am to sort a person out and set them up for a drive through the snow.

Brilliant to see Drathzel back for the night, look out NI :D :clap:

Dance Demon
30th-December-2005, 06:24 PM
Will post the combined playlists later on (am chilling/recovering at the moment :wink: )............. who volunteered me for that job by the way?

we did.......coz we know that you will definately do it.......whereas us guys....well you know:wink: ..........:D

TheTramp
30th-December-2005, 06:39 PM

Ummm.....

Well, as I recall, I said that I didn't want you to post my playlist. Too many people will just steal all the tracks I played, without any regard for what's right or wrong :whistle: (Incidentally, thanks for posting up that fab Johnny Williams track that I shamelessly ripped off you. It's fab! :hug: ).

But you made me write down the tracks. I even offered to PM you my lists, just so that I wouldn't have to spend the time writing, but you still made me.

So, no sympathy from me...... :flower:

Tiggerbabe
30th-December-2005, 07:51 PM
So, no sympathy from me...... :flower:
:na: :na: :na:

Tiggerbabe
31st-December-2005, 12:12 AM
Playlists from all the DJs have now been posted on the December playlists thread (despite some well dodgy handwriting guys :whistle: )

Lynn
31st-December-2005, 02:02 AM
Looking forward to visiting NI some time next year. October, if not sooner!:clap:

drathzel
31st-December-2005, 12:30 PM
It was sooo good to see everyone and get lots of lovely dances. I cant believe how much i missed my favorite dancers. The music was fab :clap: to all the dj's, i lost track of how many times each played, or even when they played but you were all fantastic and it great to be able to play with the music as I havent had the chance in a while.

Thank you for all your good wishes and i will keep you updated.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

jammy
31st-December-2005, 04:51 PM
what a fab night i had even tho i only got 2 and a half hours of sleep before i had 2 get up for work! it was worth it. i manged 2 get loads of fab dances but some ppl i missed like dave hancock and franck:sad:
was very happy 2 see danielle bak oh how much i missed my dances with her :tears:
thanks 2 everyone for makein the last night at the HWH so good!:clap: we will all miss it.
jammy(davids brother)

Night Owl
31st-December-2005, 05:50 PM
Hi all

Had a great time at HWH what a loss of such a lovely venue

enjoyed all my dances even tho I was doped with lemsips etc to lessen the effects of the cold

missed quite a few dancers tho,one of these days I`ll get round to dancing with every one

Thanks again to all the dj`s and BIG thanks to Franck:cheers:

See you all in the NEW YEAR:clap:

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL