PDA

View Full Version : RE: The play "Woman in White"

marty_baby
29th-December-2005, 02:09 AM
Hi All,

RE: Woman in White

I'm just back from seeing this Play at the Palace Theatre... as a musical production it was good... the vocals were great, the stage work and setting everything you would expect from a night out at the theatre.

However, a few of parts didn't really work for me though... for example - The sad climax of the play at the very end wasn't held for long enough... There was a sudden change of scene and mood, to close the play with a happy ending. I felt this trivialised the calamitous moment the whole play was building up to.

On a more trivial note, the story was of a sad and depressing nature!... (Not a bad thing in itself - I think you appreciate thinks more with contrast - as opposed to always watching superficial "candy floss" happy type stories.)

On the whole, I wouldn't recommend this one to see if you fancy a cheerful "feel good" xmas time kinda play though!

Cheers
Martin

thewacko
29th-December-2005, 02:14 AM
Hi All,

RE: Woman in White

I'm just back from seeing this Play at the Palace Theatre... as a musical production it was good... the vocals were great, the stage work and setting everything you would expect from a night out at the theatre.

However, a few of parts didn't really work for me though... for example - The sad climax of the play at the very end wasn't held for long enough... There was a sudden change of scene and mood, to close the play with a happy ending. I felt this trivialised the calamitous moment the whole play was building up to.

On a more trivial note, the story was of a sad and depressing nature!... (Not a bad thing in itself - I think you appreciate thinks more with contrast - as opposed to always watching superficial "candy floss" happy type stories.)

On the whole, I wouldn't recommend this one to see if you fancy a cheerful "feel good" xmas time kinda play though!

Cheers
Martin

:what: well now you have told us all the story I wont bother going:tears:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
30th-December-2005, 06:45 PM
I would go and see it, but Bristol is to far. :whistle: