PDA

View Full Version : Reply to a Thread and it disappears?

Stuart M
28th-December-2005, 01:25 PM
I replied to a couple of threads this morning - given that a) much of my job involves looking after call centre software, b) the telephone networked is kaput, and c) it's the limbo 'twixt Crimbo and NY and no-one phones anyway, it's been a quiet day :grin: . Anyway, it seems that the threads I posted on disappear off the 'New Posts' search until someone else posts on them. Anyone else get this, or is it a cunning new feature to insulate me from the babble that I post?

Rhythm King
28th-December-2005, 01:36 PM
Yeah I've found that. I've stopped using the new posts and use recent posts instead. Mind you recent posts doesn't give you the options it used to. I guess that's the price of updated software :rolleyes:

TheTramp
28th-December-2005, 01:37 PM
Anyone else get this, or is it a cunning new feature to insulate me from the babble that I post?
There you go. Question and answer all in one!! :whistle:

Stuart M
28th-December-2005, 01:41 PM
There you go. Question and answer all in one!! :whistle:
Bl**dy hell - in that case the Forum must be invisible to some folk by now :whistle:

Lynn
28th-December-2005, 01:57 PM
OK, I'll try a sensible answer...

New Posts shows you threads that have had New Posts since you last looked at them. If you were the last poster, they don't show until someone else posts as your post doesn't count as a 'new post' (ie an unread post) as you have seen it already.

LMC
28th-December-2005, 01:59 PM
If it's a recent thread then you can probably easily find it the old fashioned way by using the headings from the home page...

drathzel
28th-December-2005, 02:09 PM
Bl**dy hell - in that case the Forum must be invisible to some folk by now :whistle:
who said that????:confused:

killingtime
3rd-January-2006, 06:09 PM
They are listed in New Posts (on your UserCP) if they have a new reply. Otherwise you can view your subscribed posts and they will be listed in order of last posted to. This link might take you right there now (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription).