PDA

View Full Version : Funky Lush! January 2006! Woo! It's Great!

David Bailey
24th-December-2005, 09:39 AM
As requested by Tessalicious... :innocent:

8th Jan, somewhere in Southall I believe, someone's DJ-ing.

It'll be emotional.

LMC
25th-December-2005, 09:22 PM
Bloody hell, nearly 24 hours and no answers. Guess it'll be a bit rubbish and no-one's going then?

under par
25th-December-2005, 11:21 PM
Me! me, me, me, I want it ...:yeah:

David Bailey
26th-December-2005, 09:44 PM
Me! me, me, me, I want it ...:yeah:
I'm actually considering going - but it's in the jaws of hell somewhere isn't it? (ie Southall) Anyone got any details about who/when/where/etc.?

Msfab
27th-December-2005, 12:16 AM
I'm actually considering going - but it's in the jaws of hell somewhere isn't it? (ie Southall) Anyone got any details about who/when/where/etc.?

Heres the venue
Southall Community Centre, 20 Merrick Road, Southall, Middlesex, UB2 4AU

Time 2-6pm

Dizzy
27th-December-2005, 12:17 PM
I'll be going!!!!!!

Come on DJ, you know you want to.......:whistle:

David Bailey
27th-December-2005, 02:36 PM
I'll be going!!!!!!

Come on DJ, you know you want to.......:whistle:
Nah - I thought it was an evening thing, I don't do days.

Rhythm King
27th-December-2005, 02:55 PM

Hmm, do you have to wait for the full moon too? :whistle:

David Bailey
27th-December-2005, 03:03 PM
Hmm, do you have to wait for the full moon too? :whistle:
Only if it's blue... :)

So why's it on in the day this time then? What's wrong with the evening?

LMC
27th-December-2005, 03:26 PM
Where's Buffy when you need her?

Rhythm King
27th-December-2005, 03:56 PM
Only if it's blue... :)

So why's it on in the day this time then? What's wrong with the evening?
They'll be doing evening ones as well :D

Little Monkey
27th-December-2005, 09:07 PM
I'll be at the FL tea dance! Woooooooooooooooooooo!!!:clap:

thewacko
28th-December-2005, 01:30 AM
8th Jan,

Time 2-6pm
:really:
is this a rave or something - you have to be a bl**dy detective to get the info:sad:

hey world the wacko just might come but ............
how do you get tickets etc
whos running it so I can contact em?:cheers:

ducasi
28th-December-2005, 02:08 AM
is this a rave or something - you have to be a bl**dy detective to get the info:sad:

hey world the wacko just might come but ............
how do you get tickets etc
whos running it so I can contact em?:cheers:
Google is your friend (http://www.google.com/search?q=%22funky+lush%22).

Cruella
9th-January-2006, 11:27 AM
So who had a good time at Funky Lush?
I didn't.

I had an excellent time:clap:
It was rather cold when we first arrived but i soon warmed up.
We really need to find another route in though!! The traffic both times was at a crawling pace within the last couple of miles, which was very frustrating. We were watching the minutes tick away and saying thats another track we've missed!! Although us girls did notice some great shopping opportunities. I think the next saturday Funky lush will be incorporating a massive shopping trip beforehand and we'll all turn up in beautiful Saris.
Nice to meet the scottish crowd again. Even though some of them hadn't had alot of sleep the night before :whistle: So were a little bit more subdued than normal.
The music was delightful, a couple of tracks i found tricky to dance too but it was also good to have a few of the old favourites thrown in too.
Thanks Captain Fantastic for driving.:flower:
Looking forward to the next one.:worthy:
Also looking forward to seeing the photos ESG.

Icey
9th-January-2006, 11:33 AM
The whole day was fab. I had FL in the afternoon and Berko in the evening :clap: I had some totally :drool: and :yum: dances in both and now I'm so tired I can't do any work today :whistle:

FL crew :worthy: Thankyou.

Paul F
9th-January-2006, 11:50 AM
Gutted to have missed it :tears:

I just had too much on this weekend and, after a somewhat lazy day on Saturday, had no choice but to do it all on Sunday. :sad:

Between 2 and 6 on Sunday I was freezing to death trying to overhall my bike so I can start cycling to work again (good exercise for dancing!). After 3 visits to the same shop for bits and bobs I started to get the teeniest bit brassed off :rolleyes:
Had to do it though as it gets too dark too early these days.

Roll on summer :)

LMC
9th-January-2006, 11:55 AM
...now I'm so tired I can't do any work today :whistle:
Yeah, blame the dancing why don't you :whistle: :wink:

It was indeed a wonderful afternoon - haven't been to a TWK special for far too long and forgotten how good they make you feel - thanks to everyone who organised.

Rebecca
9th-January-2006, 11:57 AM
:D :D :D

A fabulously funky afternoon. Thank you to the team.

I didn't mind the journey - all adds to the fun when you're sharing a car with ZW, Cruella and CF.

Having not been dancing as much as I used to I worry that I'll forget how or something. Then I go to an event such as this and remember what it's all about.

Some of the dances I had continued to run through my head all night.

Well done Toby for choosing the Hazel O'Connor track (Will you???) I know Cruella loves it, and Sheepman and I had loads of fun with it :worthy:

And to the Captain :drool: Thanks babe :wink:

See you all next time :flower:

Cruella
9th-January-2006, 12:03 PM
Well done Toby for choosing the Hazel O'Connor track (Will you???) I know Cruella loves it, and Sheepman and I had loads of fun with it :worthy:

Yeah i do:clap: And i managed to have that track with Spice 'n' Easy.:drool: Probably the only time i've ever had a serious dance with him.:wink:

Dizzy
9th-January-2006, 12:14 PM
I had a fab, fab afternoon dancing to funky luscious tunes!!! :clap: :clap:. Had some great dances with people who I don't normally see - It was great to see the Scottish guys and gals again!! :hug: :hug: :flower:.

Thanks to the Funky Lush Team. See you tonight at Jango!! :clap: :clap:

stewart38
9th-January-2006, 12:34 PM
I have nothing to complain about re the event :what:

Even driving through Southall at 0.003mph was fun watching the world go bye

Rebecca
9th-January-2006, 12:34 PM
I know it's probably not good form but particularly wanted to give credit to a few guys I rarely / haven't ever danced with before, and who made my day:

The Tramp, Sheepman, Chris A, Simon R - thank you :worthy:

(you redeemed yourself Steve, well done - above average I'd say ;) )

Only one :tears: moment, when a dance was terminated by my partner before the end of the track. Granted it was a tricky number, and I was being particularly rubbish, I was offended nonetheless :sad:

Cruella
9th-January-2006, 12:39 PM
Only one :tears: moment, when a dance was terminated by my partner before the end of the track. Granted it was a tricky number, and I was being particularly rubbish, I was offended nonetheless :sad:
I thought that was particularly rude of him. You'll have to show me who he is for future reference:whistle: Nearly as rude as SimonR pretending to yawn at my footwork.:mad: You know i'll get you back for that Simon.:wink: Ooh i guess i already did!!!!! Nice cake, thanks.:rofl:

Geordieed
9th-January-2006, 12:45 PM
Well done to Kenobe and Divissima for putting on such a premium event. You guys attract the best dancers from far and wide. Haven't enjoyed dancing as much as that in ages.

stewart38
9th-January-2006, 12:50 PM

Right to thats Hot Shotism :mad: I think ?

wicked blue
9th-January-2006, 01:06 PM
Had a brill time, lived up to everything that it has become renowned for. Top dances, great music, lovely crowd.. More please.......:clap:

Lovely to meet some of the scottish bunch too!!

marty_baby
9th-January-2006, 01:50 PM
...oh man... Seriously gutted I couldn't make it!
Some of the scottish guys came down?!!? Cool!

When is the next one? :)

Simon r
9th-January-2006, 01:52 PM
I thought that was particularly rude of him. You'll have to show me who he is for future reference:whistle: Nearly as rude as SimonR pretending to yawn at my footwork.:mad: You know i'll get you back for that Simon.:wink: Ooh i guess i already did!!!!! Nice cake, thanks.:rofl:

no one has ever nicked my cake and lived to talk before...

you are just luky it was not chocolate

Toby wan Kenobe
9th-January-2006, 01:53 PM
When is the next one? :)

Friday 20th January
TwK

Simon r
9th-January-2006, 01:55 PM
Well done to Kenobe and Divissima for putting on such a premium event. You guys attract the best dancers from far and wide. Haven't enjoyed dancing as much as that in ages.

:yeah:

Great music, good dancers ...= great time

Berko was proberbly just a bit too much after ..

knackered today just got enough energy to browse the forum

robd
9th-January-2006, 02:06 PM
I know it's probably not good form but particularly wanted to give credit to a few guys I rarely / haven't ever danced with before, and who made my day:

I don't know about good form but for me flattery gets you everywhere and everyone likes a compliment.

Robert

Danielle
9th-January-2006, 03:59 PM
Had such a lovely time too!! great to see so many people again :flower:
(SF and Spicey I'm still determined to get you guys out one night!! :devil: )

Rebecca, thanks for recommending your lovely man for a dance - wow!!! he's an awesome dancer :worthy:

and of course the lovely Marc - devine music and dancing :worthy: :worthy:
and I'm crap with names but thanks to the great guy from scotland who I had so many dances with!! I remember you saying you were on the forum!!

really fab afternoon - well done TWK and team!! :clap: :clap:

:D :D :D

A fabulously funky afternoon. Thank you to the team.

I didn't mind the journey - all adds to the fun when you're sharing a car with ZW, Cruella and CF.

Having not been dancing as much as I used to I worry that I'll forget how or something. Then I go to an event such as this and remember what it's all about.

Some of the dances I had continued to run through my head all night.

And to the Captain :drool: Thanks babe :wink:

See you all next time :flower:

Dizzy
9th-January-2006, 04:01 PM
Had such a lovely time too!! great to see so many people again :flower:
(SF and Spicey I'm still determined to get you guys out one night!! :devil: )

Rebecca, thanks for recommending your lovely man for a dance - wow!!! he's an awesome dancer :worthy:

and of course the lovely Marc - devine music and dancing :worthy: :worthy:
and I'm crap with names but thanks to the great guy from scotland who I had so many dances with!! I remember you saying you were on the forum!!

really fab afternoon - well done TWK and team!! :clap: :clap:

Aw Danielle, didn't get to meet you. Maybe next tiime. :flower:

Danielle
9th-January-2006, 04:08 PM
Aw Danielle, didn't get to meet you. Maybe next tiime. :flower:

Definately - will you be at Amir's next T-dance??? :clap:

Icey
9th-January-2006, 04:26 PM
Friday 20th January
TwK

:really: :tears: :tears: Can't make it :tears:

Minnie M
9th-January-2006, 04:41 PM
I agree with Cruella - I didn't have a good time either .........................

:blush:

:(

:whistle:

I had an excellant time :clap: :clap:

It had all the right ingrediants (music / atomospher / 'old friends' and great dancers) ............... expect for Will, and the Barkers not being there :tears:

Really lovely to see (and dance with) the Scottish crew :hug: :kiss: :yeah:

Thank you all for my fab dances - and thank you from Christoper (who I brought with me) who also had a fab time

Rebecca
9th-January-2006, 04:48 PM
I thank you from Christoper (who I brought with me) who also had a fab time

I didn't get to dance with him after all :sad: , but I know the ladies were suitably impressed :worthy:

Cruella
9th-January-2006, 04:50 PM
Thank you all for my fab dances - and thank you from Christoper (who I brought with me) who also had a fab time
Got to say it, although i really don't wish to offend all the lovely men i danced with, you were all soooo good, but Christopher was my best dance of the day he was just :drool: I think it was just one of those never to be repeated dances, really hit the spot!! (New blood :whistle: )

Lory
9th-January-2006, 07:46 PM
Christopher was my best dance of the day he was just :drool: I think it was just one of those never to be repeated dances, really hit the spot!! (New blood :whistle: )
Yes, he was very good, well done Minnie for doing some excellent talent scouting :worthy: come on girls, don't forget to be vigilant at all times!:wink:

I had a lovely afternoon, it was the perfect way to ease myself back after my 3week break!:drool:

Smooth and luscious music :drool: (only one track it didn't like 'Surely' :sick: ) and one quite difficult one, that poor Chef struggled valiantly to the end of but let out the most enormous sigh of relief when it was over! (I have to say, I think I enjoyed the dance a lot more than him:o ) but I hope I made it up with the second dance? :)

I didn't look at the cakes :innocent: but they did smell lovely ;)

It was my first time at the venue and I thought it was great, a good size and I didn't have any of the problems with the cold, the accustics or the floor, as previously reported.

As the others have already said, it was great to have to Scots down.. more visits please! :flower:

As for dances, you couldn't really go wrong, the standard was WAY HIGH! :worthy:

I had some awesome, Cha Cha's, Tango's, WCS and mixtures of everything! :waycool:

Carry on the good work FL crew! :cheers: :wink:

Kev F
9th-January-2006, 10:52 PM
A Funky Lush Virgin

What a wonderful way to spend a sunday afternoon,
Toby (and team) playing all our favourite tunes,
All those fab forumites encased within that room,
What a fantastic way to spend a sunday afternoon.

I loved the room which set a perfect mood,
Broke my new years promise and stuffed my faced with food,
Munched all the orange smarties and then looked for more,
Then promptly rattled as I danced around the floor.:blush:

A charming venue with room to spread your wings,
Time to tango, jive and gossip about many things,
And bow to all those dancing ladies, who gave me such a rush,
And praise to all they call....The Funky Lush.

Minnie M
9th-January-2006, 10:58 PM
A Funky Lush Virgin

What a wonderful way to spend a sunday afternoon,
Toby (and team) playing all our favourite tunes,
All those fab forumites encased within that room,
What a fantastic way to spend a sunday afternoon.

I loved the room which set a perfect mood,
Broke my new years promise and stuffed my faced with food,
Munched all the orange smarties and then looked for more,
Then promptly rattled as I danced around the floor.:blush:

A charming venue with room to spread your wings,
Time to tango, jive and gossip about many things,
And bow to all those dancing ladies, who gave me such a rush,
And praise to all they call....The Funky Lush.

:flower: :clap: :flower:

DavidY
9th-January-2006, 11:04 PM
Friday 20th January
TwKWhere is it (I can't find it on any websites)?:cheers:

Tiggerbabe
10th-January-2006, 12:53 AM
Heres the venue

Time 2-6pm

Hope this helps, David.
Of course, I've no idea if this is where it is or not :whistle:

DavidY
10th-January-2006, 11:14 PM
Thanks Sheena.

Although I notice the venue MsFab quotes is the Sunday afternoon one - is it definitely in the same place on a Friday evening?

Is there a website anywhere with this stuff on? I have sought but not found...:blush:

Tiggerbabe
10th-January-2006, 11:20 PM
is it definitely in the same place on a Friday evening?

Now, that I wouldn't know :)

SilverFox
10th-January-2006, 11:53 PM
Thanks Sheena.

Although I notice the venue MsFab quotes is the Sunday afternoon one - is it definitely in the same place on a Friday evening?

Is there a website anywhere with this stuff on? I have sought but not found...:blush:The same venue in Southall is used for both daytime and evening events. There isn't a website up yet, but you could always PM TwK with your email address and get put on his newsletter list.

:cheers:

Crossa
11th-January-2006, 04:17 AM
Funky Lush was awesome!! Cool tunes and fantastic dancers! a highlight of our London road trip!

No doubt you danced with most of the Scottish men and of course they're all great guys and I'm also crap with names but fortunately for me my generous host and Forum Oracle, Rythm King, kept me right on who's who when I was trying to put names to all my fantastic dance partners!
So not sure if I was that "guy from Scotland" but thanks for the many fab dances, have fun in Brasil!!:waycool:

Cruella
11th-January-2006, 08:47 AM
The same venue in Southall is used for both daytime and evening events. There isn't a website up yet, but you could always PM TwK with your email address and get put on his newsletter list.

:cheers:
Quick someone call the doctor!! Silverfox has caught a spot of helpfulness.:sick: It seems to have infected his sense of smut and sarcasm:eek: It's looking serious and possibly highly infectious.:devil: :wink:

SilverFox
11th-January-2006, 11:12 AM
Quick someone call the doctor!! Silverfox has caught a spot of helpfulness.:sick: It seems to have infected his sense of smut and sarcasm:eek: It's looking serious and possibly highly infectious.:devil: :wink:It must be my gay side coming out........:rolleyes:

Sparkles
11th-January-2006, 12:01 PM
Maybe I should try a nurse's uniform next...? :whistle:

Danielle
11th-January-2006, 12:18 PM
Funky Lush was awesome!! Cool tunes and fantastic dancers! a highlight of our London road trip!

No doubt you danced with most of the Scottish men and of course they're all great guys and I'm also crap with names but fortunately for me my generous host and Forum Oracle, Rythm King, kept me right on who's who when I was trying to put names to all my fantastic dance partners!
So not sure if I was that "guy from Scotland" but thanks for the many fab dances, have fun in Brasil!!:waycool:

:clap: :clap: hello!! yes it was definately you!! - thank you for the lovely dances :flower: always fantastic to meet new people!!

Little Monkey
11th-January-2006, 08:06 PM
Funky Lush.....................................:drool:

Had such a fantastic time, and so many fabulous dances, despite not really being on form due to back. Good to catch up with lots of forumites and other dancers that I don't see very often, and meeting some new ones (thanks for the dance, Tessalicious!:flower: )

Special thanks and hugs to Spice'n'Easy for all our fun, flirty and fantastic dances over the weekend! :hug:

Oh, and btw, Roger C is a very naughty boy! (As if that was something new....:rolleyes: )

Cruella
12th-January-2006, 09:14 AM
It must be the gay coming out of me........:rolleyes:

:eek:

Cruella
9th-February-2006, 12:10 PM
For those that haven't heard, this sundays (12th feb) Funky Lush has been cancelled :tears:

Icey
9th-February-2006, 01:36 PM
Didn't even know it was on in the first place :tears: It's all very secretive :sad:

David Bailey
9th-February-2006, 02:50 PM
Didn't even know it was on in the first place :tears: It's all very secretive :sad:
:zip mouth icon:

Dizzy
9th-February-2006, 02:57 PM

That might be because it is not allowed to be advertised on the forum :whistle:.

Will let you know when it is on again, Hun :hug:

David Bailey
9th-February-2006, 03:45 PM
That might be because it is not allowed to be advertised on the forum :whistle:.
The first rule of Funky Lush is: you don't talk about Funky Lush.

Missy D
9th-February-2006, 03:49 PM
The first rule of Funky Lush is: you don't talk about Funky Lush.

Is the second rule not to ask who thought up the name Funky Lush?

David Bailey
9th-February-2006, 03:59 PM
Is the second rule not to ask who thought up the name Funky Lush?
Could be worse, could be Monday Lush, no... Monkey Lush, no.. Mush, no... :na: