PDA

View Full Version : New years eve party at Ealing Town hall - £30??

marty_baby
22nd-December-2005, 12:02 PM
I hear there is a New years eve party at Ealing Town hall!!!! cor!

....£30 though?....

I know it is a really nice place - the floor is fantastic.... But it seems a bit steep for a dance. even if it is New years eve....

Anyone ever been to one of these Jivetime New years eve do's at Ealing?
Worth the money?

Ok - the cost isn't the bottom line - but I'd like to know it is a decent night... no one wants to turn up to a dance - that is so expensive - that it stifles the variety of people that turns up, and in turn stifles the dance itself etc.

I suppose overcrowding wouldn't be an issue though!

Cheers
Martin

Danielle
22nd-December-2005, 01:41 PM
Hi there,

Yes I went last year, and had lots of fun, a big group of us went and it was great very socialable - I think the £30 charge (if it is the same as last year) is because there is an open bar all night!!! We stayed in the B&B down the road from the town hall to make the most of it!! I would recommend it especially when you think of the amount of money you spend to go to other places on NYE!!

Enjoy if you go!! :flower:

Lee
22nd-December-2005, 01:52 PM
Hi there,

Yes I went last year, and had lots of fun, a big group of us went and it was great very socialable - I think the £30 charge (if it is the same as last year) is because there is an open bar all night!!! We stayed in the B&B down the road from the town hall to make the most of it!! I would recommend it especially when you think of the amount of money you spend to go to other places on NYE!!

Enjoy if you go!! :flower:

:yeah:

I'm spending £50 for a ticket at Jounglers this year, this includes a 3 course meal and the comedy, plus afterwards the venue had a disco till 2am, mmm i think there be a bit of cerocing going on.

Happy Xmas!!!

Lee

David Bailey
22nd-December-2005, 01:53 PM
I hear there is a New years eve party at Ealing Town hall!!!! cor!

....£30 though?....
There's some discussion of this on the "value for money (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7215)" thread.

Well, I say discussion, mainly ranting to be honest.

"David The ThreadKiller, they call me"

Mary
22nd-December-2005, 01:56 PM
We went a few years ago, and I used to be a regular at Franco's NYE parties. However, the last one we went to was a very bad experience. I gather extra tickets were sold. I think the price is very expensive, but I guess Ealing Town Hall charge premium rates for that date.

Franco and Rebecca work really hard and produce a fantastic spread of food in a room upstairs, but I go to dance not eat. If I want to eat I go to a restuarant! The free bar - well the wine had run out by the time we arrived! And the 'bubbly' is of the sweet variety which I think has limited appeal.

It was absolutely packed. Impossible to dance. I had a few dances but got so battered, kicked and bruised, we ended up leaving. Wasn't overly enamoured with the music either, but I guess others may have enjoyed it.

Consequently I have vowed never to go to the NYE ball again. I believe lessons may have been learnt from that year, but my position remains unchanged. It sounds like subsequent years have been much better though.

M

marty_baby
22nd-December-2005, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the input guys,

Mary:
I'm so sorry to hear you had a bad night! Hope this NYE is fun for you :hug:

Daniella:
...mmmm... you may have sold it to me! :) I'm in that funny situation at the mo, where all my friends are settling down and moving houses.... ie... skint! My options are a bit varied... night in with the folks (already doing that for xmas) Drive back to bristol for a house party... (Nice place, but last time was a nightmare!) Drive back to bristol for a ball at Chip Sodbury (Nice place/people but we did that already for xmas ball)

Or this Ealing dance now - ie... I can pop in on the way back to bristol....! Tempting!..... :na:

DavidJ:
Oh I'm reading that! :rofl: I've kept this Ealing thread separate though - to get specific replies to my query - I hope that is ok! :cheers:

BTW:
I hear it is 250 people max this year.... um.... how does thaqt equate to the place? will it be overcrowded - or just right for Ealing?

I've been to ealing before - hell, I started dancing there - But I've never really counted the number of people....

Cheers
Martin

David Bailey
22nd-December-2005, 04:17 PM
BTW:
I hear it is 250 people max this year.... um.... how does thaqt equate to the place? will it be overcrowded - or just right for Ealing?
250 is actually pretty good - less than an average Hipsters night , especially considering a few people will no doubt be stuffing their faces upstairs. So numbers-wise, yes, it shouldn't be too crowded.

marty_baby
23rd-December-2005, 10:01 AM
Rock on! :D

Got my tickets, I'm set for xmas now dancewise....

Tonight - twyford
Thur - greenwich
NYE - Ealing....

That should keep me dancing happy!

Have a great xmas guys!

Martin
:cheers:

Graham W
23rd-December-2005, 12:10 PM
I went 3 or 4 years ago, - enjoyed it cos of the company I took;

PS - one amusing thing in hindsight was a huge speaker came crashing down narrowly missing 3 punters on a table in the corner - I mentioned this to the DJ (it wasnt Roger Chin) who immediatley asked if the speaker was okay,such dedication to the job,,,

marty_baby
23rd-December-2005, 12:13 PM
Right, New years resolution....

Never sit underneath speakers! :na: