PDA

View Full Version : Ashtons or Daventry?

Cruella
21st-December-2005, 07:52 PM
OK thought i'd simplify it for myself and find out whos going to Ashtons or Daventry. Saves me trawling through the other threads and i know you all like polls!

jivecat
21st-December-2005, 08:31 PM
I'm already totally broke this month so I am going to sample the provincial delights of the Gloucester Christmas party on the 28th for the princely sum of £6.

Lynn
22nd-December-2005, 12:35 AM
I voted because I am going to be dancing that night! :clap: And actually dancing MJ, not salsa or a barn dance (going to one of those on the 26th).

Missy D
22nd-December-2005, 01:29 AM
Ashtons for me as its only a ten minute drive to my house. Lots of friends going, lots of champagne, crepes and pole dancing. :clap: :clap:

WittyBird
22nd-December-2005, 01:32 AM
Ashtons for me as its only a ten minute drive to my house. Lots of friends going, lots of champagne, crepes and pole dancing. :clap: :clap:

Just to remind you.... your driving :rolleyes:
I will be having a fab time - i have my pole dancing costume ready :flower:

:flower: before you ask CJ yes this fat ugly beatch has a mask :eek:

under par
22nd-December-2005, 03:55 AM
Mrs Par and I will be making the shorter trip to Ashtons for post crimble bopping.:cheers: :cheers:

see you there:yeah:

Danger Mouse
22nd-December-2005, 09:23 AM
Daventry for me :nice: sadly I have to go to work the next day :sad:

Paul F
22nd-December-2005, 11:42 AM
Just ordered my tickets for Daventry from Emma.

Im really looking forward to this now. I was a bit worried that I wouldnt be able to get tickets but there were some left :clap:

And its on until 2am :clap:

Rebecca
22nd-December-2005, 11:56 AM
Just ordered my tickets for Daventry from Emma.

Im really looking forward to this now. I was a bit worried that I wouldnt be able to get tickets but there were some left :clap:

And its on until 2am :clap:

Just got ours from Emma as well. See y'all there :clap:

Paul F
22nd-December-2005, 12:03 PM
Just got ours from Emma as well. See y'all there :clap:

Excellent.
Can I get a dance or three please :flower: Thats if I can find you that is. Sounds like its going to be busy!!

I think I will actually make the effort and dress up for this one. I dont usually but I feel the need :blush:

Then again, finding a fancy dress shop thats open is going to be tricky :sad:

Rebecca
22nd-December-2005, 12:13 PM
Excellent.
Can I get a dance or three please :flower: Thats if I can find you that is. Sounds like its going to be busy!!

I think I will actually make the effort and dress up for this one. I dont usually but I feel the need :blush:

Oh no. . . there's dressing up??? :what: :what: :what:

They will have to cancel Christmas while I plan what to wear ;)

Oh, and yes please Paul (I'll hold you to the three dance request)

Little Em
22nd-December-2005, 03:56 PM
Excellent.

try this fancy dress shop its run by Jaime from Kingdom of dance!!

fancydresskingdom.co.uk :cheers:

CJ
22nd-December-2005, 04:26 PM
:flower: before you ask CJ yes this fat ugly beatch has a mask :eek:

I never said beeatch!!:grin:

Seriously, is it a masked ball or just B&W or just unthemed Black Tie?!?

dee
22nd-December-2005, 06:08 PM

:yeah: Im sooooo excited, it shall be a fab evening :clap: :clap: and not a cheesecake in site :hug:

Diane
23rd-December-2005, 02:59 PM
Is there a theme for Daventry?

Looking at the website I din't think there was.

One of the guys I'm going with wanted to know if othe rguys were going for it in DJs or the smart casual look.

Looking forward to coming, I haven't danced in a while.

Zebra Woman
23rd-December-2005, 03:21 PM
I never said beeatch!!:grin:

Seriously, is it a masked ball or just B&W or just unthemed Black Tie?!?

It's not masked CJ, there is a lot of black tie about, but I'm sure black leather would also be fine...:wink:

As for me, hmmm..... I think I will be wearing....er..... Zebra Print.... :devil: :devil: :devil:

It's horrible having everyone spilt. I'm so gutted to be missing out on dancing with Paul F, Gabs and Captain Fantastic and many others but IMO we really do need two events that night to cope with the number of people who want to dance.

I hope everyone has a fab night and enough space wherever they are.

ZW:flower:

Cruella
23rd-December-2005, 03:29 PM
It's horrible having everyone spilt. I'm so gutted to be missing out on dancing with Paul F, Gabs and Captain Fantastic and many others but IMO we really do need two events that night to cope with the number of people who want to dance.

I hope everyone has a fab night and enough space wherever they are.

ZW:flower:
Absolutely agree! I'm gutted to be missing out on dancing with some of my fave men too. :tears: Tell you what you have my share with them at Ashtons and i'll do the same for you at Daventry. Deal :cheers:

DavidY
24th-December-2005, 01:12 AM
Is there a theme for Daventry?

Looking at the website I din't think there was.

One of the guys I'm going with wanted to know if other guys were going for it in DJs or the smart casual look.

Looking forward to coming, I haven't danced in a while.The theme is "Cabaret and All That Jazz". Emma P sent some costume suggestions out with the tickets - for the men I think the following applies:
For inspiration for the theme watch Chicago and Cabaret for ideas. To be honest anything goes, whether you choose to come wearing evening dress, ie black tie, or for the "All That Jazz" look my suggestions for simplicity are:
Men:
Black trousers, white shirt, t-shirt or vest, with black braces, with or without the bow tie and/or waistcoats. In the film "Chicago" the look is more dishevelled ie black t-shrt under an open white shirt or white t-shirt under black shirt or even no shirt with braces.

Hats will work, be it top hat/trilby/bowler and anything jazzy along those lines. Be original: that's allowed, or just come smartly dressed. Maybe you've got top-hat-and-tails whch is equally appropriate!

Cruella
29th-December-2005, 10:55 AM
I took a few photos at Daventry. Including a couple of forumites, JiveP, Burge, PaulF and Victoria, SimonR and Nicole.

Cruella
29th-December-2005, 11:03 AM
heres more

Cruella
29th-December-2005, 11:09 AM
Lastly

under par
29th-December-2005, 12:40 PM
must have been very tiring at Daventry most of the dancers are lying down!

Cruella
29th-December-2005, 12:44 PM
must have been very tiring at Daventry most of the dancers are lying down!
Have you not heard of horizontal dancing Paul?

under par
29th-December-2005, 12:47 PM
Have you not heard of horizontal dancing Paul?

I have but I won't ever let anyone photograph me doing it in public!:wink: :whistle:

Cruella
29th-December-2005, 12:50 PM
I have but I won't ever let anyone photograph me doing it in public!:wink: :whistle:
Just video then!:D

under par
29th-December-2005, 12:50 PM
Just video then!:D

Okay but its only a very short one!:wink:

and can I have it back now please.

Cruella
29th-December-2005, 12:53 PM
Okay but its only a very short one!:wink:

and can I have it back now please.
Sorry put it on ebay. Got 50p for it.:rofl:

under par
29th-December-2005, 12:55 PM
Sorry put it on ebay. Got 50p for it.:rofl:

Someones going to be disappointed ....probably off to Trading Standards as we speak!:blush:

Cruella
29th-December-2005, 12:59 PM
Someones going to be disappointed ....probably off to Trading Standards as we speak!:blush:
It was titled 'Under Par, bigger than the average man!'

under par
29th-December-2005, 01:02 PM
It was titled 'Under Par, bigger than the average man!'

But I was under par on this particular very short occasion:flower: