PDA

View Full Version : Ashtons Ball Ticket for sale!

Cruella
21st-December-2005, 12:13 PM
OK, i've got a ticket to Ashtons Black and White Ball on the 27th Dec. Anyone want to buy it from me? £17. I'll be at Twyford friday so can give the ticket to anyone that would like it then, or can post it or have it left on the door at Ashtons on the night.

under par
21st-December-2005, 12:24 PM
OK, i've got a ticket to Ashtons Black and White Ball on the 27th Dec. Anyone want to buy it from me? £17. I'll be at Twyford friday so can give the ticket to anyone that would like it then, or can post it or have it left on the door at Ashtons on the night.

I don't want anyone to bid for this ticket as I would like to dance with Di on the 27th at Ashtons.:flower: :hug: :hug: :cheers:

Cruella
21st-December-2005, 12:31 PM
I don't want anyone to bid for this ticket as I would like to dance with Di on the 27th at Ashtons.:flower: :hug: :hug: :cheers:
Oh Paul you are lovely and i'd like to dance with you too!! Just that i'm very indecisive and Daventry/ Ashtons have both got things (and men) drawing me towards them.
The things putting me off Ashtons are distance and lack of floor space!! Certainly not the people!! :kiss: :hug: :flower:

lindyloo
21st-December-2005, 07:23 PM
The things putting me off Ashtons are distance and lack of floor space!! Certainly not the people!! :kiss: :hug: :flower:

We have ordered extra "black & white" floor and there are the same number of people there as last time, so hopefully there should be lots of space. We sold out last week and have had people begging for tickets, so you may get more than £17!!

ChrisA
21st-December-2005, 07:25 PM
We have ordered extra "black & white" floor and there are the same number of people there as last time, so hopefully there should be lots of space.
:clap: :cheers: :worthy:

Cruella
21st-December-2005, 07:30 PM
We have ordered extra "black & white" floor and there are the same number of people there as last time, so hopefully there should be lots of space. We sold out last week and have had people begging for tickets, so you may get more than £17!!
How many people is that then? How much extra floor space? I was at Ashtons last friday and it was definately too packed to dance comfortably. So how will the numbers compare to then?

lindyloo
21st-December-2005, 09:14 PM
I don't know the numbers for last Fri - I would anticipate there will be about 100 more people at the very most, but lots of things happening upstairs, bar downstairs closed, plus extra dance floor at back. It was fine last year and we didn't have the extra floor

ChrisA
22nd-December-2005, 12:07 AM
I was at Ashtons last friday and it was definately too packed to dance comfortably. So how will the numbers compare to then?
...... :yeah:

I would anticipate there will be about 100 more people at the very most
:what: :what: :what: :really: :really: :really: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

, but lots of things happening upstairs, bar downstairs closed, plus extra dance floor at back. It was fine last year and we didn't have the extra floor
Hmm... I so hope you're right.

But I don't have a good feeling about this, I have to say... :eek: :tears:

Cruella
22nd-December-2005, 10:28 AM

But I don't have a good feeling about this, I have to say... :eek: :tears:
An extra 100 people on top of the amount of people there last week does seem an awful lot. I don't think that this extra floor is going to cater for them, even if there is stuff on upstairs. Surely apart from the ones on the pull, most of the punters are there to dance! Now if it had been the extra flooring with the same amount of dancers as last week that would have been excellent. Guess it boils down to making money as usual.

David Bailey
22nd-December-2005, 11:13 AM
An extra 100 people on top of the amount of people there last week does seem an awful lot. I don't think that this extra floor is going to cater for them, even if there is stuff on upstairs. Surely apart from the ones on the pull, most of the punters are there to dance! Now if it had been the extra flooring with the same amount of dancers as last week that would have been excellent. Guess it boils down to making money as usual.
Ah, but you're forgetting that 200 people will be watching the pole dancing competition. In fact, the dance floor may well be deserted...

Cruella
22nd-December-2005, 11:18 AM
Ah, but you're forgetting that 200 people will be watching the pole dancing competition. In fact, the dance floor may well be deserted...
Yes exactly, all the MEN will be watching the pole dancing. Leaving us women to dance together, but some men would quite like to watch that too.:whistle:

Tessalicious
22nd-December-2005, 12:01 PM
Does anyone else have B&W tickets they no longer need/want to use? If so, I'm on the buy for 3 more - can anyone help?

David Bailey
22nd-December-2005, 02:11 PM
Yes exactly, all the MEN will be watching the pole dancing. Leaving us women to dance together, but some men would quite like to watch that too.:whistle:
No downside I can see then :)

CJ
22nd-December-2005, 02:22 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Is Cruella's Ticket still up for grabs?!?

:worthy: :flower: :worthy: :flower: :worthy:

Cruella
22nd-December-2005, 02:36 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Is Cruella's Ticket still up for grabs?!?

:worthy: :flower: :worthy: :flower: :worthy:
Why, what are you offering in return?
Maybe i should have an auction!

CJ
22nd-December-2005, 03:22 PM
Why, what are you offering in return?

You're a married woman so that'll cut your options for how u like your eggs with your breakfast in bed

dee
22nd-December-2005, 07:32 PM
You're a married woman so that'll cut your options for how u like your eggs with your breakfast in bed

Cruella NO you can't sell your ticket :tears:

I never knew she was married :eek:

Cruella
22nd-December-2005, 09:51 PM
Cruella NO you can't sell your ticket :tears:

I never knew she was married :eek:
Sorry it's sold! Can't believe you didn't know i was married, i thought it was obvious:innocent: It's only been for 20 years!

dee
22nd-December-2005, 10:12 PM
Sorry it's sold! Can't believe you didn't know i was married, i thought it was obvious:innocent: It's only been for 20 years!

:eek: 20 Years :eek: well i never knew plus you don't look old enough to of been married for so long :flower:

Cruella
22nd-December-2005, 10:14 PM
:eek: 20 Years :eek: well i never knew plus you don't look old enough to of been married for so long :flower:
Ahh thank you.:flower: I got married when i was 2 :devil:

lindyloo
23rd-December-2005, 10:32 AM

I am guessing the numbers. It does annoy me when people say it's just down to making money when they don't know anything If it was then we could go on selling tickets (Ashton's capacity is for 2000 people) and we wouldn't care about whether it's too packed on the dance floor or about trying to hire extra floor or about decorating the venue ALL day (wait and see how gorgeous the venue will look), or doing other nice things. As it is we will make less than a normal freestyle night because of the costs and it would be a damm sight less work - by the way it's approx £3000 just to hire the venue over that week!! Next year we'll charge £20 won't put on anything and limit it to 200 - then maybe everybody will be happy. And there are the same numbers as last year and not as many as the Tsunami.::whistle:

Cruella
23rd-December-2005, 01:07 PM
I am guessing the numbers. ...................

2000 people:eek: As a dancer though i would be looking at dance floor space not cubic capacity of the whole venue. I'm sure you have all worked very hard to make it extra special for the ball and that it will be beautiful! But my personal preference is to have a night full of great dancing and for that i like to have a good floor (which Ashtons has) but i like to have space so that i'm not permanently looking out for elbows and feet coming at me. Other people will be coming for the ambience and social side too but i love my dancing too much to stand around chatting when i could be dancing. Trust me if i could i would do both Ashtons and Daventry, it's just a shame that they fell on the same date. I hope both events are a huge success and everyone has a great time.:flower:

senorita
28th-December-2005, 01:37 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
eggs and beds dont go honey..
and cruella deserves more than that!! :D :wink:

tiger
28th-December-2005, 06:15 PM
I wish people would stop going on about the numbers of people attending. This event(and some others) are very successful due to the fabulous turnout of dancers. Last night was no different. It was great.
We would probably all like more space to dance in,but then you wouldn't have the atmosphere or the quantity or choice of good dancers.

David Bailey
28th-December-2005, 06:42 PM
It does annoy me when people say it's just down to making money when they don't know anything. If it was then we could go on selling tickets (Ashton's capacity is for 2000 people) and we wouldn't care about whether it's too packed on the dance floor or about trying to hire extra floor or about decorating the venue ALL day (wait and see how gorgeous the venue will look), or doing other nice things.
I thought the venue looked gorgeous last night - fairytale-like, it must have taken a lot of the work by you guys to transform the place, and I for one appreciated it. It was the nicest I've ever seen the place, and I've been going since the start in the mid-90s.

I also loved the effort people put into dressing up, the food and champers, the decor, the atmosphere and the crowd. All told, I had a great time, and thanks for organising it.

I wish people would stop going on about the numbers of people attending.
Except... it's important. One of my minor niggles was that I expected much more extra flooring - realistically, you could fit maybe another 4-5 couples at most on the extra flooring provided. It covered maybe a third of the width of the dance floor - 3 times as much and you'd have had enough room for maybe 30 people, which would have made a difference. Plus, everyone kept walking through it. :rolleyes:

We would probably all like more space to dance in,but then you wouldn't have the atmosphere or the quantity or choice of good dancers.
I'm not sure I follow - you're saying crowded = good because there are more good dancers? But they're still crowded, and there are of course also more less-than-good dancers. So overall, I'd say crowded = bad.

Having said that, it certainly wasn't nightmare-level of crowded (e.g. Hipsters or Hammersmit on a bad night), just busy.

Tessalicious
28th-December-2007, 05:42 PM
Pair of tickets (male/female) on sale for tonight - if you're interested, pm me before 7pm!