PDA

View Full Version : tue 27th Dec.......

Little Em
20th-December-2005, 10:26 AM
Anyone coming along on the 27th to Emma p's freestyle?
all that jazz is the theme.....

430 tickets have been sold already! :eek:

cant wait!
x

robd
20th-December-2005, 12:35 PM
Yes :clap: :clap: :clap:

Not sure the champagne on arrival will assist my dancing technique though :blush:

jacksondonut
20th-December-2005, 03:03 PM
Hi There!!

Linda and I are definately going and have tickets, cant wait, it will be fab!!:clap:

Looking forward to seeing you there.. :cheers:

Have lots of fun at christmas and see you next week.

:hug:

fletch
20th-December-2005, 03:05 PM
Stafford tour bus is full, so that makes 7 of us:clap:

Save me a dance:cheers:

Cruella
20th-December-2005, 05:41 PM
Booked for Ashtons Black and White Ball. But Daventry is just 20 mins away and Ashtons is 1 1/2 hours! I'm now wondering if i should sell my ticket to Ashtons! Depends if i get any good offers i guess! Daventry is having a blues room too but i don't know who's DJing yet. Anyone know?

Missy D
20th-December-2005, 05:54 PM
Booked for Ashtons Black and White Ball. But Daventry is just 20 mins away and Ashtons is 1 1/2 hours! I'm now wondering if i should sell my ticket to Ashtons! Depends if i get any good offers i guess! Daventry is having a blues room too but i don't know who's DJing yet. Anyone know?

Dont do it Cruella!!! Are they offering champagne, Crepes, nice food, good music and POLE DANCING? Ashtons is and lots of us will be there!!! :clap: :clap:

Cruella
20th-December-2005, 06:20 PM
Dont do it Cruella!!! Are they offering champagne, Crepes, nice food, good music and POLE DANCING? Ashtons is and lots of us will be there!!! :clap: :clap:
I'll be driving, so champagnes no good to me! Whereas Daventry are also offering champagne and i could get a taxi! Pole dancing mmmm! only worth while if it's the MEN doing it. Actually i think that's a blinding idea:D Come on then which men are going to be pole dancing?

under par
20th-December-2005, 06:24 PM
I'll be driving, so champagnes no good to me! Whereas Daventry are also offering champagne and i could get a taxi! Pole dancing mmmm! only worth while if it's the MEN doing it. Actually i think that's a blinding idea:D Come on then which men are going to be pole dancing?

I'd consider it (I think!)(maybe!)

I think this is done by women more easily I think a man would only really do the pole justice after numerous drinks.....we men just don't let go like you women do!

Cruella
20th-December-2005, 06:31 PM
I'd consider it
Excellent that's one brave man who's commited to the pole dancing! Anymore. Bagsy i get to oil the pole though.:D

Paul F
20th-December-2005, 06:39 PM

Do you know anything more about the blues room ie. floor, size etc?

It would be a nightmare to get to and from given my xmas plans but I would do it if it has a decent blues room and dj.
the ceroc central website is doing its usual bang-up job of giving out no information at all.

Cruella
20th-December-2005, 06:44 PM

It would be a nightmare to get to and from given my xmas plans but I would do it if it has a decent blues room and dj.
the ceroc central website is doing its usual bang-up job of giving out no information at all.
Oh Paul i'm going to have to say that it wouldn't be your cup of tea! Because if you decide to go then that's making my decision even harder!!!

under par
20th-December-2005, 06:47 PM
Have I mentioned Mrs Par and I will be at Ashtons....:yeah: :cheers: :cheers:

Cruella
20th-December-2005, 06:49 PM
AAaaahhh just been told that it's Marc Djing the blues room!!! Anyone want to buy a ticket for Ashtons?

Zebra Woman
20th-December-2005, 06:51 PM
Miss Conduct Senorita and I will be at Ashtons. I'm sure we can wring some blues music out of Erick and Ian towards the end of the night.:devil:

dee
20th-December-2005, 07:22 PM

I will be going. You have to go Cruella, it will be real fun :clap: im looking forwards to the pole dancing :drool:

SteveB
20th-December-2005, 07:40 PM

I'll have a go at pole dancing!!! Seeing as im coming all the way from Dundee!!!

Cruella
20th-December-2005, 07:49 PM
I'll have a go at pole dancing!!! Seeing as im coming all the way from Dundee!!!

You'll be at the wrong venue Steve the pole dancings at ashtons not Daventry!
I think you need to come and practice though after looking at that picture!!!

SteveB
20th-December-2005, 07:54 PM
You'll be at the wrong venue Steve the pole dancings at ashtons not Daventry!
I think you need to come and practice though after looking at that picture!!!

hehe oh well, set one up then!

melb
20th-December-2005, 08:03 PM
burge, thought you would have had the jacket on to match!!! Ha Ha

SteveB
20th-December-2005, 08:08 PM
burge, thought you would have had the jacket on to match!!! Ha Ha

I didnt have my pimp suit then mate, i'll be sure to wear it when im down south! At least it would give them a laugh - just like that piccie! A bit of festive fun!

robd
20th-December-2005, 09:58 PM
Linda and I are definately going and have tickets, cant wait, it will be fab!!:clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

May I reserve a dance or two in advance???????

Paul F
20th-December-2005, 11:18 PM
Just sent Emma an email to see if there are still some tickets. Even though its a long drive I have an urge to go now :nice:

Does anyone know any details about the cabaret competition? I wouldnt mind giving it a go.

jacksondonut
21st-December-2005, 12:11 PM

May I reserve a dance or two in advance???????

Most certainly kind gentleman!! This time i will get linda to spot you and then, my dear, there will be no escape... hehheehheeee:devil:

We promise to be gentle.. sort of.... :rofl: :rofl:

See you there!!
:flower:

Cruella
21st-December-2005, 12:19 PM
:hug:
So is Gabs coming too?
I've put my Ashtons ticket up for sale so it's all down to fate now! If i sell it i'll come to Daventry if not i'll go to Ashtons, that way i don't have to make a decision.:D

under par
21st-December-2005, 12:22 PM
So is Gabs coming too?
I've put my Ashtons ticket up for sale so it's all down to fate now! If i sell it i'll come to Daventry if not i'll go to Ashtons, that way i don't have to make a decision.:D

Chicken:hug: Isn't it uncomfortable sitting on that fence:D

stewart38
21st-December-2005, 03:44 PM
Daventry does look good but i have a ticket for ashtons.:sad:

fletch
21st-December-2005, 04:26 PM
Daventry does look good but i have a ticket for ashtons.:sad:
Come to Daventry:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bring WB with you:cheers:

We will all be there:flower:

I don't mind if you have your mobil phone in your pocket:wink:

Danger Mouse
22nd-December-2005, 09:24 AM
yes yes yes I'll be there :nice: looking forward to it

WittyBird
22nd-December-2005, 09:30 AM
Bring WB with you:cheers:

Pole dancing at Ashtons for me :what:
But will see you NYE @ Ealing and New Years Day @ ICE

fletch
22nd-December-2005, 09:46 AM
Pole dancing at Ashtons for me :what:
But will see you NYE @ Ealing and New Years Day @ ICE

fletch
22nd-December-2005, 09:47 AM
yes yes yes I'll be there :nice: looking forward to it
Save me a dance DM:flower:

LMC
22nd-December-2005, 10:36 AM
On the optimistic assumption that there are some tickets left, joins queue behind fletch - would love to dance DM

In fact fletch, if you don't mind me being beginner lead, would love to dance with you as well :D

Rebecca
22nd-December-2005, 11:41 AM
This thread and a text from Cruella last night was all I needed to book up for Daventry. Captain Fantastic and I will be there with Xmas bells on :clap:

under par
22nd-December-2005, 11:42 AM
This thread and a text from Cruella last night was all I needed to book up for Daventry. Captain Fantastic and I will be there with Xmas bells on :clap:
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Cruella
22nd-December-2005, 11:46 AM
He made his mind up then. Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock.:rofl:

Rebecca
22nd-December-2005, 11:54 AM
He made his mind up then. Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock.:rofl:

I had to take matters into my own hands in the end :whistle:

See you there :clap: , and thanks for the push :flower:

:sad: :sad: :sad: 's

Sorry UP, we could offer a spare bed to you and Mrs P if it would entice you over this way? The ladies at Ashtons would be out for my blood though :what:

jacksondonut
22nd-December-2005, 12:35 PM
Looking forward to seeing you all at Daventry next week... :flower: :flower:

Please someone tell me how i will recognise all you forum people that i havent met yet... would be lovely to put names to faces !!:wink:

I am sure we will all have a ball.. am very excited..:clap: :clap: :clap:

See ya there
Jan
XX

Cruella
22nd-December-2005, 01:11 PM
Looking forward to seeing you all at Daventry next week... :flower: :flower:

Please someone tell me how i will recognise all you forum people that i havent met yet... would be lovely to put names to faces !!:wink:

I am sure we will all have a ball.. am very excited..:clap: :clap: :clap:

See ya there
Jan
XX
I'll introduce you if i'm there Jan.:flower: Just let me know who you haven't met yet! Although i don't know Dangermouse!

Rebecca
22nd-December-2005, 01:16 PM
I'll introduce you if i'm there Jan.:flower: Just let me know who you haven't met yet! Although i don't know Dangermouse!

IF?? :eek: I thought you'd vacated the fence?

Cruella
22nd-December-2005, 01:25 PM
IF?? :eek: I thought you'd vacated the fence?
I've had an interested party on the ticket front for Ashtons but the deals not been completed. So i'm still sitting on the fence, although it is getting a little lonely up here.:sick:

under par
22nd-December-2005, 01:27 PM
So i'm still sitting on the fence, although it is getting a little lonely up here.:sick:

Is it cutting off the circulation yet! :blush: :whistle:

Cruella
22nd-December-2005, 01:30 PM
Is it cutting off the circulation yet! :blush: :whistle:
Yeah, are you offering a rubdown to get the blood flowing again?

under par
22nd-December-2005, 01:40 PM
Yeah, are you offering a rubdown to get the blood flowing again?

Well if you are at Ashtons 27th............:wink:

Cruella
22nd-December-2005, 01:49 PM
Well if you are at Ashtons 27th............:wink:
So many temptations at both venues:tears:

Cruella
22nd-December-2005, 02:26 PM

Sorry! I was misinformed.:innocent: There isn't an actual blues room! Marc is Djing a blues hour at the end of the night. Also some sets throughout the night.

Little Em
22nd-December-2005, 03:51 PM
daventry will be fab!!

the venue holds about 800 people so you can imagine how big the venue is, and when Marc plays his blues set you will have the whole room to play with!! and wont get too hot, as the room is nice an big, with doors open to let air in, and 4 BIG blue fans to help cool us while we dance!
paul F - you should definately come n play with us girls in Dav! :wink:
i think simon R an Nicole are joining us now too!!:clap:

so..... there is going to b fab music, fab dancers, a performance to watch, champagne and canapes, and maybe Burge pole dancing (we dont have a pol, but im sure there will b a willing lady for him to act as one! :rofl:

Plus. dancing till 2am!!!! woo hoo! guaranteed to be a good night!! :cheers:

Cruella
22nd-December-2005, 04:09 PM
Plus. dancing till 2am!!!! woo hoo! guaranteed to be a good night!! :cheers:
Hey Em, any chance of a lift so i can drink?

David Bailey
22nd-December-2005, 04:11 PM
the venue holds about 800 people so you can imagine how big the venue is, and when Marc plays his blues set you will have the whole room to play with!! and wont get too hot, as the room is nice an big, with doors open to let air in, and 4 BIG blue fans to help cool us while we dance!
paul F - you should definately come n play with us girls in Dav! :wink:
i think simon R an Nicole are joining us now too!!:clap:

so..... there is going to b fab music, fab dancers, a performance to watch, champagne and canapes, and maybe Burge pole dancing (we dont have a pol, but im sure there will b a willing lady for him to act as one! :rofl:
Hmmm.

Whilst I am very tempted by the woo hoos and multiple exclamation marks, is it going to be another of those "stop-start" evenings? The one thing that put me off Daventry was the "dance an hour, hang around 30 minutes for exhibition / competition / whatever, dance another hour, hang around..." arrangements, which meant it was difficult for me to get into what I laughingly call a rhythm...

Cruella
22nd-December-2005, 04:17 PM
Hmmm.

Whilst I am very tempted by the woo hoos and multiple exclamation marks, is it going to be another of those "stop-start" evenings? The one thing that put me off Daventry was the "dance an hour, hang around 30 minutes for exhibition / competition / whatever, dance another hour, hang around..." arrangements, which meant it was difficult for me to get into what I laughingly call a rhythm...
I've actually just had a very long conversation with Emma P about this! As it is the one thing that puts some of us off going to Daventry but as it's going on until 2am i think the answer is to arrive later to miss the Classes which should be over by 9.30. Then you've only got the cabaret to stop for.

DianaS
22nd-December-2005, 04:21 PM
Hmmm
during the breaks we could always talk
I can really enjoyu a good caberet but not if its the same one that I saw last time or with people that just aren't that good...

Little Em
22nd-December-2005, 04:27 PM
Hello Di... ill be over in daventry from about 3pm.. setting up the room an practicing for cabaret. so unless you want to come over then???????

It wont be that bad on the 'stop - start' front, as cruella said, you could maybe come after the class??????
but whatever people decide to do....... Emma p holds these freestyles and she always has a performance, and when there is dancing until 2am!! its hardly cutting into your total dance time. :flower:

hope to seelots of people there and get lots of dancing in to work off all those x-mas goodies i eat!!

x

Little Em
22nd-December-2005, 04:33 PM
Hmmm
I can really enjoyu a good caberet but not if its the same one that I saw last time or with people that just aren't that good...

its not the same one .............. :)

people that aren that good???????? :what:
thats a bit harsh?
the performance is there as entertainment and in keeping with whatever theme is on that night.... its a little bit of fun.....:cheers:
ill bear that comment in mind when i am performing on the night! :tears:

David Bailey
22nd-December-2005, 04:37 PM
Hello Di... ill be over in daventry from about 3pm.. setting up the room an practicing for cabaret. so unless you want to come over then???????
1... 2... 3... OK, that's 7 question marks. On the Pratchett scale, you've moved way past the sanity event horizon there. :eek: :wink:

Seriously, it does sound nice, and it's a nice venue, but I've got a pathological aversion to stopping dancing once I get started. I tend to fall asleep once I sit down.

Nutter... :flower:

CJ
22nd-December-2005, 04:37 PM

Best thing to do is wait til about 3 or 4 bars before that one bit you've always struggled with in rehearsal...

THEN

bear it in mind.:D :D :D

But, good luck with the performance.:flower:

Little Em
22nd-December-2005, 04:40 PM
Best thing to do is wait til about 3 or 4 bars before that one bit you've always struggled with in rehearsal...

THEN

bear it in mind.:D :D :D

But, good luck with the performance.:flower:

:rofl: ok ill do that!
im going to shamefully go sooooo wrong now on the night!!

Little Em
22nd-December-2005, 04:41 PM
1... 2... 3... OK, that's 7 question marks. On the Pratchett scale, you've moved way past the sanity event horizon there.

i know i know............ :eek:

Cruella
22nd-December-2005, 04:48 PM
:rofl: ok ill do that!
im going to shamefully go sooooo wrong now on the night!!
And i won't laugh honestly!!:innocent:

Little Em
22nd-December-2005, 05:12 PM
:tears:

beatch

TheTramp
22nd-December-2005, 06:09 PM
This must mean that you're going to laugh dishonestly?

Or were you not going to laugh, honestly?

Okie. I'll just head on over to pedants corner with the rest of them!

Trish
22nd-December-2005, 06:13 PM
Hmmm.

I sympathise with this, but you do get plenty of good dancers going, and Marc's DJing, and there's champagne... and can I have a dance if you are going?

I shall be going with a large contingent from Peterborough, including most of my favourite local men :clap: :clap: !

If anyone wants to introduce me to forumites that I don't know, then I'd be most grateful... I'm not fussy, I'll dance with everyone, men/women, two at a time if you like! And to those I do know, it'll be good to catch up with you :hug:

Cruella
22nd-December-2005, 06:23 PM
This must mean that you're going to laugh dishonestly?

Or were you not going to laugh, honestly?

Okie. I'll just head on over to pedants corner with the rest of them!
You have far too much time on your hands! Shouldn't you be studying or something.:whistle:

TheTramp
22nd-December-2005, 06:35 PM
You have far too much time on your hands! Shouldn't you be studying or something.:whistle:
Not any more. Exams finished. 2 grades back. Time to relax :clap:

Rebecca
22nd-December-2005, 10:07 PM
I shall be going with a large contingent from Peterborough, including most of my favourite local men :clap: :clap: !

And to those I do know, it'll be good to catch up with you :hug:

Will be good to see you Trish, and the Peterborough crew :clap: . Been so long :tears:

Cruella
22nd-December-2005, 10:10 PM
OK, I'm definately going to Daventry now:clap: So glad to get off that bl**dy fence!

Rebecca
22nd-December-2005, 10:16 PM
OK, I'm definately going to Daventry now:clap: So glad to get off that bl**dy fence!

:clap: :clap: Dan will be so pleased (and me :innocent: ). See you there :flower:

Ever felt so wanted?

Cruella
22nd-December-2005, 10:19 PM
:clap: :clap: Dan will be so pleased (and me :innocent: ). See you there :flower:

Ever felt so wanted?
I'm only going so i can make him giggle again.:innocent:

Rebecca
22nd-December-2005, 10:49 PM
I'm only going so i can make him giggle again.:innocent:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: He loves it - cheers babe - merry xmas :hug:

DianaS
22nd-December-2005, 11:29 PM
its not the same one .............. :)

people that aren that good???????? :what:
thats a bit harsh?
the performance is there as entertainment and in keeping with whatever theme is on that night.... its a little bit of fun.....:cheers:
Well come on tell all - What's the caberet then....
...and is there any truth in the rumour that Richard Gere is turning up to do a turn...
and can we action him
please
:yum:

Trish
23rd-December-2005, 11:21 AM
Will be good to see you Trish, and the Peterborough crew :clap: . Been so long :tears:

And you mate, we miss you over here!

Glad you've decided to come to Daventry Cruella, see you there!

jacksondonut
23rd-December-2005, 02:22 PM

Looking forward to seeing you and meeting the others... :clap: it will really interesting and so much fun. :clap: :clap: I now know You and Littleemc.. (oh and Trampy and AndyMcGregor) .. so no doubt i will be in for an education.. am sooooo excited.. :grin: Oh and yet to meet Rob.. who i keep missing!!

xx

Lynn
27th-December-2005, 05:45 PM
Beginning to panic ever so slightly. I'm running my annual Christmas MJ party tonight, had a good crowd along last year. Last night a few of us did a wee demo at a barn dance, and I heard quite a lot of folk at the end saying 'See you tomorrow night'...Almost everyone I have mentioned it to is planning on coming and some are bringing friends! Great that folk want to come along, but I'm hoping there will be enough seats, sweets and space! :what:

At least I will get to wear my new sparkly shoes!

Hope everyone else enjoys themselves wherever they are tonight!

under par
28th-December-2005, 12:11 PM
Beginning to panic ever so slightly. I'm running my annual Christmas MJ party tonight, had a good crowd along last year. Last night a few of us did a wee demo at a barn dance, and I heard quite a lot of folk at the end saying 'See you tomorrow night'...Almost everyone I have mentioned it to is planning on coming and some are bringing friends! Great that folk want to come along, but I'm hoping there will be enough seats, sweets and space! :what:

At least I will get to wear my new sparkly shoes!

Hope everyone else enjoys themselves wherever they are tonight!

I am sure it was a fab night and the shoes will have been the icing on the cake..:yeah: