PDA

View Full Version : Stirling Party: how was it for you?!?

CJ
19th-December-2005, 11:51 AM
Well?!?!?!!?

I had a good night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

Enjoyed playing my set, which I think will be typed up for your perusal fairly soon. As it was a Christmas Party, it was fairly safe without too many risks or surprises but hopefully some new experiences for those dancers I don't get to play for often.

LOADS of people asking me about the Great White tune "Rock Me" which is good news, too. DJs, find it, try it: 7 minutes: more dynamics than a Beethoven symphony!!!

What else?? Oh, I got to see some great head action from a certain dancer!!:innocent: I was concerned about her head, which she assured me was good and I was in no place to argue!:wink:

I enjoyed the intimate feel of the blues room later on and, on a dancing level, feel I'm starting to get a feel for slower music. What one has to do to get a request played when a room is so quiet, I am not sure:sick: . Still... can but try.:tears:

Don't normally name check cos I always miss someone out but stand out dances for me were ClaireS, Caroline McEwan and Lorraine.:flower:

So... any top tunes?? Any stand out dances?? Any other head experiences??:whistle: Any other fallout??:innocent:

Last thing: GREAT venue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!:worthy: :worthy:

ducasi
19th-December-2005, 01:14 PM
A few people posted their thoughts on the Christmas Balls, etc (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7005) thread...

I posted mine on this thread (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7185), referring to my blog post (http://ducasi.org/blog/2005/12/18/stirling-glitter-ball/).

I really liked your set though. Lots of stuff I've enjoyed dancing to at the GUU and the Henry Wood Hall. Chose to sit out "Rock Me" though. :wink:

As you say though, great venue. Looking forward to going back there as soon as possible.

CJ
19th-December-2005, 01:22 PM
A few people posted their thoughts on the Christmas Balls, etc (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7005) thread...

Thanks, Il Duco. I missed that.:blush:

(It was your post that influenced me into starting the thread in the first place...):cheers:

Chose to sit out "Rock Me" though. :wink:

Oh, man... gutted. Not like the track? Not up to the challenge of 7 minutes? Not fancy all the changes? All your fave partners taken? Old age setting in??:wink: Or thankful to get a rest and glad I ended with a pants tune??

johnthehappyguy
19th-December-2005, 01:25 PM
The music, the venue, the dancers, everything combined to make a terrific atmosphere.:grin:

There were so many brilliant partners that I danced with. – I could only be there for three hours due to a childminding shortage – there were many other’s I would have liked to dance with too, but alas I had to go home before the end !:tears:

I had a terrific evening.

Thanks to all for making it such a great night.:clap:

The only thing that could have made it better was the presence of the one missing girl from my favourite dancers.

john:nice:

CJ
19th-December-2005, 01:31 PM
The only thing that could have made it better was the presence of the one missing girl from my favourite dancers.

... and pray tell, The Happy Fellow?!?!?!????????

ducasi
19th-December-2005, 02:06 PM
... and pray tell, The Happy Fellow?!?!?!????????
I can guess... :whistle:

CJ
19th-December-2005, 02:07 PM
I can guess... :whistle:

am I being stupid?!? (again)

ducasi
19th-December-2005, 02:09 PM
Oh, man... gutted. Not like the track? Not up to the challenge of 7 minutes? Not fancy all the changes? All your fave partners taken? Old age setting in??:wink: Or thankful to get a rest and glad I ended with a pants tune?? A combination of the above... The track's OK, but I don't think I could last 7 minutes unless it was in the company of a favoured dancer, and as I didn't see any around, I think I went to the bar – was glad of the rest...

ducasi
19th-December-2005, 02:12 PM
am I being stupid?!? (again)
No, I just think I'm being observant. I could be totally wrong though.

Dave Hancock
19th-December-2005, 02:46 PM
I enjoyed the intimate feel of the blues room later on and, on a dancing level, feel I'm starting to get a feel for slower music. What one has to do to get a request played when a room is so quiet, I am not sure:sick: . Still... can but try.:tears:

I also had a very good night and spent most of my time in the blues room, which while being quieter than the main had a better vibe for me and it just meant there was a bit more space to play in.

There was also a song which Sheena played at the end of her set which melted me - can you help me out Tiggerbabe, I came to ask you what it was and think it was the one you finished with (I think there may have been a Williams in the name but not sure), it was :drool: :drool:

Hope that the slower music may make a more regular appearance in your sets CJ!!!:wink:

Big up to all the DJ's, enjoyed the music throughout the night which is quite unusual for me and special thanks to Heather, Little Monkey, Isabelle and Lorreen for many splendid dances.:hug: :hug:

Petal
19th-December-2005, 02:47 PM
:tears: :tears:
Well?!?!?!!?

I had a good night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

So... any top tunes?? Any stand out dances?? Any other head experiences??:whistle: Any other fallout??:innocent:

Last thing: GREAT venue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!:worthy: :worthy:

:tears: :tears: :tears: i missed it, had to go to the office party, and had no-one to "dance" with, just the usual party tunes. But i'll make up for it at dundee, marcos, glasgow and the hogmany party, can't wait.

Dance Demon
19th-December-2005, 05:52 PM
There was also a song which Sheena played at the end of her set which melted me - can you help me out Tiggerbabe, I came to ask you what it was and think it was the one you finished with (I think there may have been a Williams in the name but not sure), it was :drool: :drool:

wasn't the last one of the set Dave. last one was Kenny G getting On The Step.
Sure sheena is going to post her playlist, so you'll find out what it was when she does. She did play a rather tasty version of "Dock Of the bay" and she also told me who it was , but I've forgotten:tears:

Tiggerbabe
19th-December-2005, 07:03 PM
There was also a song which Sheena played at the end of her set which melted me - can you help me out Tiggerbabe
Happy to help Dave, the track in question (the 2nd last one :wink: ) was
The Same Love That Made Me Laugh by Johnny Williams : Volume 1

DD - the "Dock of the Bay" one is
Under One Moon by Nils Landgren and Joe Sample : Creole Love Call (iTunes Version).

I'll sort out my playlist and post later, but first I've got a very important date with my hairdresser :clap:

Lory
19th-December-2005, 07:31 PM
The Same Love That Made Me Laugh by Johnny Williams : Volume 1

I'm not sure I know that one, I'll have to find it and have a listen but I love the version sung by Queen Latifah:drool:

drathzel
19th-December-2005, 11:04 PM
I am sooooo jealous! I miss you guys sooo much!:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

ducasi
19th-December-2005, 11:39 PM
I am sooooo jealous! I miss you guys sooo much!:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:
We miss you too. :hug:

TheTramp
20th-December-2005, 01:51 AM
We miss you too. :hug:

Who are you again?? :devil:

Dave Hancock
20th-December-2005, 08:44 AM
I'm not sure I know that one, I'll have to find it and have a listen but I love the version sung by Queen Latifah:drool:

Lory,

The one by Johnny Williams was to die for, think we have the Queen Latifah one in the flat but the JW rocks and hope that more DJ's check it out...

drathzel
20th-December-2005, 12:53 PM
Who are you again?? :devil:
:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Heather
20th-December-2005, 05:34 PM
Really enjoyed the Stirling party on Saturday,had the best time for ages at a Ceroc party. Loved the bues room with some great music from Sheena and John ( Dance Demon). In fact, I spent most of the evening in there!!!!
At the risk of going against the grain and sounding really 'lovey', I have to mention some fabulous dances from some of my favourite 'boys', Dance Demon, Franck ( I go for ages without a dance, then get 3 in one night !!!) and Dave Hancock - 1st dancers in the blues room, that lovely floor all to ourselves,it felt like we were on 'Strictly come dancing ' for the first track of the night!!!:rofl: :rofl: Better switch 'lovey mode ' off now or Dave's head will totally disappear up the hole in those red trousers he wore on Friday night!!!:hug:
Looking forward to Thursday in Dundee and Friday in Edinburgh.
:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
xx

killingtime
22nd-December-2005, 11:22 AM
Well I finally got around to posting my thoughts on my blog (http://wayofthedance.blogspot.com/2005/12/all-that-glitters-stirling-party.html). In summary though... it was fab :clap: :clap:.

jammy
25th-December-2005, 12:09 AM
i just want 2 say i have already said how i felt on the other thread christmas balls or summit anong thoes lines but i had a gr8 time there it was fab i enjoyed getting all glitterd up:)

FXS N.Q
26th-December-2005, 10:15 PM
I would of posted earlier but have been busy with work, xmas shopping and other non-ceroc related activities.
Well anyway I did really enjoy the Stirling party I ended up with glitter everywhere and was sparkling for over a week but it was worth it.
Had lot's of nice dances and was nice to meet some people I've never met before.
Just one more festive ceroc party to go now. Roll on Thursday.

McJester
28th-December-2005, 02:08 AM
I know it's been a over a week since the night but life has been hectic.

It was a great night:clap: :clap: :clap: Well done to Franck and the Gang, plus good music by the DJ's, not a weak set by anyone

Had lots a fab dances, especially Shug :wink: , had some good chats and generally had a good night.

Plus one or two regrets, dances missed, lack of medical supplies ( sorry Aleks )

hugs

McJester

ps Aleks - Got your order, sitting in back of car

Aleks
28th-December-2005, 01:22 PM
ps Aleks - Got your order, sitting in back of car

Thanks! I'll get them from you in Glasgow tomorrow night.
Can I also order a couple of dances?
:hug::hug:

McJester
29th-December-2005, 04:30 AM
Thanks! I'll get them from you in Glasgow tomorrow night.
Can I also order a couple of dances?
:hug::hug:

If my toe is up to it ... I'm all yours .... over the holidays I managed to break my little toe on my right foot.... maybe this should be listed under "Silly things I've done recently":whistle:

:hug:
McJester