PDA

View Full Version : At least the Evening Standard heard about Ceroc.

DavidB
16th-December-2005, 04:38 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/health_and_fitness/4286966.stm

spindr
16th-December-2005, 05:19 PM
It's an article about health and fitness -- why should they include Ceroc?

SpinDr.

stewart38
16th-December-2005, 05:22 PM

SpinDr.

Ceroc was mentioned in yesterdays standard along with a number of others that will help with Health and fitness

Hey should belly dancing atire be required for ceroc

Msfab
16th-December-2005, 05:30 PM
Hey should belly dancing atire be required for ceroc

Yeah for all leaders! :sick:

Thought so!

spindr
16th-December-2005, 05:37 PM
Yeah for all leaders!
You may get more than you bargain for...
...there are some interesting dance classes about in London (http://www.jumpanddance.com/stripteaseformen.htm) :devil:

SpinDr

P.S. What are the cardio-vascular benefits of standing in one spot all night?

robd
16th-December-2005, 05:45 PM
The girl that wrote the ES article (assuming I am thinking of the same one) is a regular at Cambridge Ceroc - there were some envious people on Wednesday when we discovered she had danced with Anton.

Robert

TiggsTours
16th-December-2005, 05:46 PM

SpinDr.
I take it you're joking?

MartinHarper
16th-December-2005, 05:51 PM
From ballet to ballroom, street to salsa - there's something for everyone.

We've checked out a few styles for you to try but if none of them get you in the groove, remember there are dozens more to choose from.

The BBC have heard of Ceroc.
When selecting three dance styles out of the myriads available, they decided not to include Ceroc.
Or Outer Hebridean Three Step.

Msfab
16th-December-2005, 05:52 PM
You may get more than you bargain for...
...there are some interesting dance classes about in London (http://www.jumpanddance.com/stripteaseformen.htm) :devil:

SpinDr

So what was it you were looking for dr? :yum:

spindr
16th-December-2005, 05:53 PM
I take it you're joking?
Not really -- I appreciate that standing up burns more calories that loungeing about -- but with the advent of slower music, etc. I remain less than convinced about the cardio-vascular benefits. Especially when most dances will probably be at a speed less than walking pace -- especially for leaders.

Do you get a good solid 20-30 mins with your heart operating at 65-80% of maximum -- for instance?

A few supporting references would be nice :)

SpinDr.

David Bailey
16th-December-2005, 09:05 PM
Not really -- I appreciate that standing up burns more calories that loungeing about -- but with the advent of slower music, etc. I remain less than convinced about the cardio-vascular benefits. Especially when most dances will probably be at a speed less than walking pace -- especially for leaders.
I agree. More to the point, you develop muscle memory (and yes, technique) in each dance form, to the point where you generally use less and less energy per dance IMO - certainly I'm less tired at the end of an average night than I was a few years ago, for the same amount of dancing, and I don't think I've suddenly got fitter in that time.

Salsa - exactly the same. I guess I'd burn up maybe 250-300 cals per hour in salsa. OK, again beginners make it more effort, but even then, the 200-400 calories per half-hour estimate is insanely high - that's more than you'd burn off in a reasonably intense CV exercise or class, and I just don't believe it.

DavidY
16th-December-2005, 09:26 PM
I agree. More to the point, you develop muscle memory (and yes, technique) in each dance form, to the point where you generally use less and less energy per dance IMO - certainly I'm less tired at the end of an average night than I was a few years ago, for the same amount of dancing, and I don't think I've suddenly got fitter in that time.:yeah: But I don't think it's just about muscle development. If you try and cultivate a smoother dance style (with less bouncing :eek: ) you can end up just moving less than you did as a bouncy beginner. I reckon it's easier for leaders to do this though.

stewart38
19th-December-2005, 12:25 PM
The girl that wrote the ES article (assuming I am thinking of the same one) is a regular at Cambridge Ceroc - there were some envious people on Wednesday when we discovered she had danced with Anton.

Robert

so why all the jokes about what to wear :sad:

Peter
19th-December-2005, 06:21 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/health_and_fitness/4286966.stm
That link didn't work for me .. but I did find this video clip ...

www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/videonation/media/ram/s/stoke_ceroc?size=4x3&bgc=FF3300&nbram=1&bbram=1

Stuart M
19th-December-2005, 06:33 PM
The BBC have heard of Ceroc.
When selecting three dance styles out of the myriads available, they decided not to include Ceroc.
Or Outer Hebridean Three Step.
Actually, wrong islands - it's the Isle of Man Three Step...