PDA

View Full Version : Can you help me get to Route 66 tonight?

ducasi
16th-December-2005, 12:50 PM
I've been trying to get to Route 66 for what seems like decades now and I thought I had it all arranged for tonight, but in a tragedy just short of biblical proportions, my arranged lift through from Glasgow to Route 66 tonight looks like it won't happen. :sad:

So, is there anyone going from Glasgow to Route 66 tonight who could give me a lift there and back? Please, please, please??? :flower:

Alternatively, can someone in Edinburgh help me figure out the buses, trains and taxis I'd need to take?

Or maybe someone can offer me a bed for the night, if I can figure out how to get there, but not back?

(The other possibility is that it anyone has a spare lady's ticket, which could help me get a lift from someone without one, but I figure that's a long shot...)

All help will be greatly appreciated! :hug:

PM or post, thanks! :cheers:

CJ
16th-December-2005, 06:58 PM
Don't do it, mate... you'll hate the music..

ducasi
17th-December-2005, 11:00 AM
I've been trying to get to Route 66 for what seems like decades now ... And guess what? I made it!!! :clap:

Big thanks to those that made that possible. :flower:

As predicted (by me!) I had a great time. There were lots of great dancers, and the music was made for dancing... (Handy that!)

You can read more about my night on my blog (http://ducasi.org/blog/2005/12/17/route-66-debut/). :wink:

I'm looking forward to my next chance to come along, hopefully sometime in the next decade, and probably sometime in the new year. :nice:

Dance Demon
17th-December-2005, 12:06 PM
Was great to see you there too Duncan.I'm not always right, but I was wrong again this time it seems:blush: ....be good to see you back in the new year....
:cheers:
DD