PDA

View Full Version : T jive Sunday

Simon r
16th-December-2005, 11:42 AM
Hi there guys and gals ...

Who ius going on sunday need to work out how many cards to write and how much energy to leave in reserve for sunday...

Merry x mas

Simon:D

Sparkles
16th-December-2005, 11:44 AM
I'll be there (of course :rolleyes: ).

Msfab
16th-December-2005, 11:48 AM
I'll be there (of course :rolleyes: ).

With cake???
Hows your Christmas cake? :innocent:

Rhythm King
16th-December-2005, 11:56 AM
I'll be there and I have a cd-r for you :wink:

R-K

(I haven't had time to write my Christmas cards yet - I may end up bringing a box of them with me! :rolleyes: )

LMC
16th-December-2005, 12:11 PM
Hope to be there if my back is up to it (got yanked :( )

If anyone wants to do a "I'll save a tree and not send you a card and you don't have to send me one" deal then I'm up for it... OK, that's mainly because I'm cr@p and disorganised.

Lynn
16th-December-2005, 12:17 PM
I'm going! :clap: (Just been looking at the map to see where it is from the tube station!)

Sparkles
16th-December-2005, 12:40 PM
With cake???
Hows your Christmas cake? :innocent:
There will be cake, but it'll mainly be KatieR's doing (she's the wiz when it comes to Christmas cakes :worthy: ) though I will be helping - a combined effort :clap:.
There will be NO mince pies (cos they're evil).

Zebra Woman
16th-December-2005, 12:41 PM
Miss Conduct, Cruella and I will be there. :clap: :clap: :clap:

wicked blue
16th-December-2005, 12:55 PM
will be in attendance with mooncalf, just wiggle and msfab.... looking forward to it..need to get my fix before christmas!!:clap:

KatieR
16th-December-2005, 12:59 PM
My Super Sparkly new shoes will be there... I may even accompany them!

As per usual there will be tasty treats from the 'House of Camberwell' :) .

Dizzy
16th-December-2005, 01:03 PM
I'll be there too :clap: :clap: .

I can meet you at the train station Lynn :hug: .

Sheepman
16th-December-2005, 01:35 PM
And me.

Msfab
16th-December-2005, 02:41 PM
will be in attendance with mooncalf, just wiggle and msfab.... looking forward to it..need to get my fix before christmas!!:clap:

Cancel that No Just Wiggle!:tears:

Will
16th-December-2005, 06:34 PM

Who ius going on sunday need to work out how many cards to write and how much energy to leave in reserve for sunday...

Merry x mas

I'll be requiring a present too thankyou.

Mary
16th-December-2005, 08:41 PM

Merry x mas

Me and Tone, but we'll also be at the Twyford Christmas party.:clap: :clap: :clap:

M

Lory
17th-December-2005, 12:01 PM

Who is going on sunday
I am :na: :clap:

Lory
17th-December-2005, 12:24 PM
I've just had a quick count up and we definitely need MORE MEN!:devil:

WittyBird
17th-December-2005, 05:35 PM
Me I'm going YAY :D

Zebra Woman
17th-December-2005, 10:14 PM
Help !

I have just arrived home to discover to my horror that my recently fixed DVD recorder wasn't fixed at all, :angry: :angry: and it has failed to record the SCD final...:tears: :tears: :tears:

Does anyone have a recording that they could lend me at the T jive? I would be most grateful. I can return it the next night at the Jango Panto. Or I could borrow it at Jango and return it at Twyford.

Thanks

ZW:sad:

Minnie M
17th-December-2005, 10:19 PM
Help !

I have just arrived home to discover to my horror that my recently fixed DVD recorder wasn't fixed at all, :angry: :angry: and it has failed to record the SCD final...:tears: :tears: :tears:

Does anyone have a recording that they could lend me at the T jive? I would be most grateful. I can return it the next night at the Jango Panto. Or I could borrow it at Jango and return it at Twyford.

Thanks

ZW:sad:
I've had the video on record since 6:15pm this evening, so I have the finals + Lottery + Casualty + the results :rolleyes:

Not going to T-Jive but hopefully will be at Jango on Monday - if you don't get hold of a copy you can have mine - let me know tomorrow

Asif
18th-December-2005, 02:03 PM
Pooo ...... i was actually thinking of coming to this one but i'm going to a panto this afternoon (Alladin) so won't be able to ... Oh no he's not ... Oh yes i am ...

Bad taste X-rated joke :

Micheal Jackson to wife (can't remember her name): What do you want to do this evening?
Wife: Can we stay in tonight and maybe just get a video from Blockbusters?
Micheal: Can we get "Alladin"?
Wife: Ok, if you must. But THEN can we get a video!!!

:whistle: :blush:

dee
18th-December-2005, 03:34 PM
Pooo ...... i was actually thinking of coming to this one but i'm going to a panto this afternoon (Alladin) so won't be able to ... Oh no he's not ... Oh yes i am ...

Asif.... It's behind you :eek:

Paul F
18th-December-2005, 08:30 PM
Quite possibly the best set of music I have ever heard.

Marc, thankyou :worthy:

Divissima
18th-December-2005, 08:35 PM
It was a fantastic set - so many wonderful tracks I had never heard before. And the cakes .....:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Russell Saxby
18th-December-2005, 09:01 PM
Quite possibly the best set of music I have ever heard.

Marc, thankyou :worthy:

yeah I will go along with that

Mary
18th-December-2005, 10:59 PM
Yep, lots of cool, adventurous music, lots of lovely people to chat to and dance with, and not too crowded. A great chilled out way to spend an afternoon.

:drool: :yum:

M

Dizzy
19th-December-2005, 12:32 AM
This afternoon was just one of the best sets I have heard.

Thanks Marc :clap: :worthy: :clap: :worthy: :clap: :worthy:

The ratio of men and women was a great advantage as I got to dance with every man on the floor without the pressure of stalking them. The cakes were delicious (Thanks to Katie and Sarah :flower: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: ) and the room was the normal setting of being informal and cosy.

Great T-Jive :clap: :clap: :flower: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Cruella
19th-December-2005, 09:38 AM
Definately the best TJive i've been to.:clap: The music was spot on. Well done Marc:worthy: It was a pretty even ratio men to women which mean't i didn't stop dancing without having to ask many men. Pretty much the perfect sunday afternoon for me.:D

stewart38
19th-December-2005, 10:13 AM
Yep, lots of cool, adventurous music, lots of lovely people to chat to and dance with, and not too crowded. A great chilled out way to spend an afternoon.

:drool: :yum:

M

Yes very nice ,even if a bit hard to find

Sparkles
19th-December-2005, 11:13 AM
Yes very nice ,even if a bit hard to find
It's only difficult to find the first time - you'll remember for the next.

I had a really great afternoon, and, aside from the brilliant music :flower:, I wanted to thank Simon & Nicole and Simon & Cruella for about 8 minutes of fabulous cabaret dancing! :worthy: :worthy:

S. x

Zebra Woman
19th-December-2005, 12:20 PM
This afternoon was just one of the best sets I have heard.

Thanks Marc :clap: :worthy: :clap: :worthy: :clap: :worthy:

The ratio of men and women was a great advantage as I got to dance with every man on the floor without the pressure of stalking them. The cakes were delicious (Thanks to Katie and Sarah :flower: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: ) and the room was the normal setting of being informal and cosy.

Great T-Jive :clap: :clap: :flower: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Yeah, as I said on the day...That was my favourite set so far, and that is really saying something. Very well done Marc. :clap: :clap: :clap:

The postioning of the tracks and blending was awesome , sometimes the guitar of one track would fade into the guitar of the next track, different but
beautifully related to each other. It was a real ear-opener :worthy: .

Well worth the nightmare journey. Ready to leave MK at 12.30 , arrived Kent House 3.30PM (via the A1M). :tears:

I took some cake to my table but I completely forgot to eat it, I got lost in the music. Sorry :blush: .

Loved 'Way Down Deep'.

ZW:flower:

under par
19th-December-2005, 01:14 PM
absolutely gutted:sad: :sad: ....................stayed at home:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: ......... trying to get over week old cold...no energy to get out of the chair never mind drive to london......hope to see a few faces tonight though if we can get to Jango:flower: :flower:

Sounds like you all had a ball.....GUTTED!!!:tears:

Zebra Woman
19th-December-2005, 01:24 PM
I've had the video on record since 6:15pm this evening, so I have the finals + Lottery + Casualty + the results :rolleyes:

Not going to T-Jive but hopefully will be at Jango on Monday - if you don't get hold of a copy you can have mine - let me know tomorrow

Thank you Minnie, I'll bring a blank tape along to Jango tonight and do a swap with you. :kiss: :clap:

Thanks Ducasi for the very kind offer of DVD copy :hug: . Much as I prefer the DVD format, I just don't think I can wait that long.

Hug for Missy D :hug: . I don't feel quite so alone in my agony now.

ZW

Lory
19th-December-2005, 02:00 PM
Yeah, as I said on the day...That was my favourite set so far, and that is really saying something. Very well done Marc. :clap: :clap: :clap:

The postioning of the tracks and blending was awesome , sometimes the guitar of one track would fade into the guitar of the next track, different but
beautifully related to each other. It was a real ear-opener :worthy: .

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

What a fabulous afternoon :clap:

I have to admit to be 'slightly' worried when I first arrived.... NO DJ and only 2 men! :eek: :sick: but somehow, suddenly, it all fell into place, and the man/lady ratio was pretty much spot on AND IMO the perfect number of people for the venue. :grin:

I think I pretty much got to dance with 'everyone' too (appologies if there was anyone I did miss? :flower: )

After, a few of us (11?) went for the quickest Thai meal ever..(Wow, they were QUICK :worthy: and it was yummy! :na: ) then on to Berko to 'do the double' where we were treated to yet another sublime set from Marc! :drool: :clap: :cheers: :worthy:

Zebra Woman
19th-December-2005, 02:51 PM
absolutely gutted:sad: :sad: ....................stayed at home:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: ......... trying to get over week old cold...no energy to get out of the chair never mind drive to london......hope to see a few faces tonight though if we can get to Jango:flower: :flower:

Yeah we did but missed you both terribly Paul, especially at the meal. Not the same without you two. :sad: Hope you make it tonight we have some catching up to do. :Big Medicinal Hug:

ZW

stewart38
19th-December-2005, 02:58 PM
Well worth the nightmare journey. Ready to leave MK at 12.30 , arrived Kent House 3.30PM (via the A1M). :tears:

ZW:flower:

think im going to stick to M25 and straight in on M4

Maybe a bit longer miles wise then A406 or M1 or any other route but never have a problem re traffic, now finding the place thats different

Zebra Woman
19th-December-2005, 03:03 PM
think im going to stick to M25 and straight in on M4

Maybe a bit longer miles wise then A406 or M1 or any other route but never have a problem re traffic, now finding the place thats different

TOP TIP:

Why not practise the driving route every Monday night, and stay for the Jango session? By next month's T Jive your body will naturally drive your car there.
:devil:

ZW

stewart38
19th-December-2005, 03:05 PM
TOP TIP:

Why not practise the driving route every Monday night, and stay for the Jango session? By next month's T Jive your body will naturally drive your car there.
:devil:

ZW

with my sense of direction it would take a year :sad:

How far is it from Hammersmith tube station, not walkable i guess ?

LMC
19th-December-2005, 03:14 PM
About 7 minutes walk from the tube station :nice:

I'm sure some lovely forumites will meet you there so you don't get lost. (oh, and tie your gloves together with a piece of string run through your sleeves so you don't lose those either :rofl: )

I'm really sorry I missed this week but my back was just not having it :( - aiming to get to the next FL and T-jive though :clap:

WittyBird
19th-December-2005, 03:24 PM
with my sense of direction it would take a year :sad:

' I don't need auto route, I can read a map'
Sound familiar S38??? :rofl:

Puddy Tat
19th-December-2005, 04:38 PM

I was also upset to miss it :tears: but was at the Panto! Different one to Asif though, Dick Whittington, good fun and his cat was a lovely dancer but would've preferred to be dancing myself, especially as it sounds as if everyone had such a great time!!

Plan to be at Jango this evening and hope you're feeling a bit better Under Par so you and Mrs Under Par can make it too!!:clap:

:flower:

Minnie M
19th-December-2005, 07:36 PM
Thank you Minnie, I'll bring a blank tape along to Jango tonight and do a swap with you. :kiss: :clap:

Thanks Ducasi for the very kind offer of DVD copy :hug: . Much as I prefer the DVD format, I just don't think I can wait that long.

Hug for Missy D :hug: . I don't feel quite so alone in my agony now.

ZW
really really sorry :sad: but can't make it tonight - am having my kitchen tiled and decorated this week and am waiting in for the men to arrive and to make a start (supposed to be here at 2pm !!!) if I miss them tonight it wont get done for the weekend - if you want me to post the tape to you, PM me your address and I will put it in the post tonight - unless Ducasi posts the DVD tonight instead.

ducasi
19th-December-2005, 09:33 PM
... unless Ducasi posts the DVD tonight instead. Wouldn't be posting the DVD tonight... would be tomorrow now...

Lynn
20th-December-2005, 10:49 AM
Such a nice afternoon! So many lovely dancers and the music was just :drool: . Thanks Marc!

DavidY
17th-February-2006, 04:36 PM
Does anyone know what date(s?) will have Sunday T-Jives in March?
On one part of the Jango.co.uk website it says:
Sunday T-Jive & Jango Workshop Combo!
Jan 29th, Feb 26th, March 19th, Apr 23rd
but a bit further down the same page it says:
Last Sunday of every month, starting 2006: Jan 29th, Feb 26th, Mar 26th, Apr 30th etcSo is it March 19th or 26th (or both or neither)? Or am I missing something (quite likely)?

Just noticed the same question applies to April as well.

Bex
17th-February-2006, 05:25 PM
I think there's a T-Jive on both, the 19th at Winchester Hall and 26th at Kent House.

Amir
18th-February-2006, 03:47 PM
Does anyone know what date(s?) will have Sunday T-Jives in March?
On one part of the Jango.co.uk website it says:but a bit further down the same page it says:So is it March 19th or 26th (or both or neither)? Or am I missing something (quite likely)?

Just noticed the same question applies to April as well.

That is confusing, in'it. Here is the deal:

26th Feb...............Jango Workshop and T-Jive at Winchester Hall
19th March............Jango Workshop and T-Jive at Winchester Hall
26th March............T-Jive at Kent House
23rd April...............Jango Workshop and T-Jive at Winchester Hall

Workshops start at 12pm. (Booking required).
T-Jives start at 3pm. No booking required.

The T-Jive on the 30th of April has moved to the 23rd because of the Ceroc Champs.

Its all a bit complicated at the moment, but so are most great things in life.

here are some random emoticons to make my post look exciting: :yum: :devil: :rolleyes: :waycool: :respect: :yeah:

DavidY
18th-February-2006, 04:00 PM
Snipped Useful InformationThat's great Amir - thanks for that. :clap: :clap:

Where is Winchester Hall?

robd
18th-February-2006, 04:07 PM
here are some random emoticons to make my post look exciting: :yum: :devil: :rolleyes: :waycool: :respect: :yeah:

Post a picture of yourself, that should excite most of the female forum users plenty....................

Cruella
18th-February-2006, 04:21 PM
That's great Amir - thanks for that. :clap: :clap:

Where is Winchester Hall?
Winchester Road
Twickenham
TW1 1LF

ChrisA
18th-February-2006, 07:39 PM
Winchester Road
Twickenham
TW1 1LF
One thing I would say, living very near the place as I do, and using it for comp practice, is that it can sometimes be an absolute sod to park near.

Parking is free on Sundays in the streets around it, and it's always possible to find a slot somewhere - but with a horde of jangoistas converging there you might need to walk a block or two.

So leave a little extra time if you don't want to be late.

Seahorse
19th-February-2006, 04:26 PM
Would recommend the DVD - it's rather good!

Sparkles
24th-February-2006, 11:24 AM
So, another T-jive on Sunday, I'm assuming the usual suspects will be there...?
... and I'm hoping you're all going to be hungry, cos I don't want to spend tonight baking and tomorrow icing cakes for nothing...

Looking forward to another Sunday afternoon chillin' with fantastic dancers :flower:

Msfab
24th-February-2006, 01:08 PM
So, another T-jive on Sunday, I'm assuming the usual suspects will be there...?
... and I'm hoping you're all going to be hungry, cos I don't want to spend tonight baking and tomorrow icing cakes for nothing...

I will always make room for your :drool: cakes sparkles!

The T-jive is at Winchester Hall (TW1 1LF) on Sunday!

Minnie M
24th-February-2006, 02:34 PM
One thing I would say, living very near the place as I do, and using it for comp practice, is that it can sometimes be an absolute sod to park near.

Parking is free on Sundays in the streets around it, and it's always possible to find a slot somewhere - but with a horde of jangoistas converging there you might need to walk a block or two.

So leave a little extra time if you don't want to be late.
:tears: :tears:
not sure if coming early will help parking if you are not doing the workshop
BTW if the freestyle starts at 3pm when does it finish ?

Sheepman
24th-February-2006, 02:50 PM
After missing the last one, I'm looking forward to my dance and cake fix, after all, I've not had much of either lately! :innocent:

when does it finish ?
I think I heard somewhere that it finishes at 6, but I can't be sure.

Maybe it's one of those easy going places where we'll just carry on till we're exhausted... :devil:

Greg

Msfab
24th-February-2006, 02:53 PM
:tears: :tears:
not sure if coming early will help parking if you are not doing the workshop
BTW if the freestyle starts at 3pm when does it finish ?

Tjive usually finish about 5.30 and sometimes if we've been 'really good' it goes on til 6pm! :clap:

Oops Sheepman got there first!:innocent:

under par
24th-February-2006, 03:06 PM
:tears: :tears: :sad: :sad: :tears: :tears:

just had a change of shift imposed due to someone reporting sick so no Tjive for me

:tears: :sad: :sad: :tears: :tears: :sad: :sad:

is there a Monday l**h on?

might do that if its on:cheers: :D :D :D

Msfab
24th-February-2006, 03:23 PM
:tears: :tears: :sad: :sad: :tears: :tears:

just had a change of shift imposed due to someone reporting sick so no Tjive for me

:tears: :sad: :sad: :tears: :tears: :sad: :sad:

is there a Monday l**h on?

might do that if its on:cheers: :D :D :D

Thats Rubbish!
Theres NO MUSH! and that rubbish as well!:(

under par
24th-February-2006, 03:25 PM
Thats Rubbish!
Theres NO MUSH! and that rubbish as well!:(

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Sheepman
24th-February-2006, 03:56 PM
is there a Monday l**h on? You've not been paying attention at the back there have you! :what:

There is no Mon*** Lush next Monday (the 27th) as the venue is booked for filming.
You might find me at Woking instead, for a last minute practice, but I'd rather be partying with some lushes!

Greg

Mary
24th-February-2006, 04:41 PM
No Mon*** Lush this week so we're going to West Drayton (Ceroc). Haven't been for quite a while, but I know it has a gorgeous floor - and it's just round the corner.:clap:

M

Puddy Tat
27th-February-2006, 11:42 AM
So sad to have missed T jive Sunday :tears: :tears:

Even sadder there's no Monday Lush!! :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Will look forward to seeing you all soon

Love, Kate :kiss:

Cruella
27th-February-2006, 12:03 PM
So sad to have missed T jive Sunday :tears: :tears:

:
Missed you too Kate.:flower: Mind you there were excess men, which made a nice change for us ladies.:D Really enjoyed Amirs workshop too, so all in all a lovely way to spend a sunday.

Dizzy
27th-February-2006, 01:54 PM
Gutted to have missed this and no Monday Lush too!!!! :tears: :(

Glad everyone enjoyed themselves though. Will have to make next one instead :D