Well? Who's going?

http://www.cerocscotland.com/BFG.htm

ducasi
14th-December-2005, 10:30 PM
I expect I'll wander down the road for it... :wink:

Shouldn't this be poll?

ducasi
14th-December-2005, 10:47 PM
I'll be there! Hopefully with my shoes on – don't know about bells.

http://www.cerocscotland.com/BFG.htm

Icey
14th-December-2005, 10:49 PM
I should not be allowed out to play without supervision! :rofl: Thanks again Ducasi :blush:

Gadget
15th-December-2005, 01:42 AM
Me thinks DS has spotted a small flaw with your poll :D :rofl:

Icey
15th-December-2005, 09:42 AM
Oh picky picky. This is my first poll and I've made a complete pigs ear of it :blush: You can show me how start a poll thread properly in May.

ducasi
15th-December-2005, 10:29 AM
Me thinks DS has spotted a small flaw with your poll :D :rofl:
I think what DS really meant was that Yes, he'll be there on the Saturday; No, he'll miss the Friday (Route 66 again?); and Maybe he'll come on the Sunday. He obviously likes clicking on things too.

:nice:

Rhythm King
15th-December-2005, 12:33 PM
Crikey - good spot Icey! A lot earlier next year, too, I'd better get my forward planning head on. :what: I hope I can make it this time.

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
16th-December-2005, 03:04 AM
I'm assuming that i'll be free, no rehearsals on weekends hopefully :grin: So see you all there for lots of dancing, hopefully i'll actually manage to get to a few classes by then too :rolleyes: so will have improved since last time.

Yliander
16th-December-2005, 02:02 PM
there really should be a maybe option on the poll

the dates are close and as I am missing out on Jordan & Tatiania in Melbourne......

with any luck I will make it :D

Icey
16th-December-2005, 02:16 PM
there really should be a maybe option on the poll

That's what the fence sitting option is for :)

Night Owl
16th-December-2005, 07:22 PM
well I enjoyed my first BFG gathering this year so I will be going in May,hopefully with a lot more dancers from Inverness:yeah:

Icey
16th-December-2005, 08:48 PM
well I enjoyed my first BFG gathering this year so I will be going in May,hopefully with a lot more dancers from Inverness:yeah:

I hope to meet you this time, in Oct everyone kept telling me how nice their dances were with you and I could never find you (not knowing what you look like may have something to do with it perhaps :blush: )

Yliander
16th-December-2005, 11:51 PM
That's what the fence sitting option is for :)ooops didn't see that :blush:

but then again I'm not really fence sitting - am LONGING to be there and living in desperate hope that flights across Australian, the world and UK (and finances) will permit me to attend

McJester
18th-December-2005, 05:52 AM
Are bells optional ... as I don't have any

Yes I'll be there for the whole thing :clap: :clap: :clap:

jacksondonut
5th-January-2006, 06:14 PM
Am planning on going, and hoping my mate will fly up with me.. have some begging to do... never been up as far as Scotland for a weekender as yet and would love the new experience. It sounds brilliant. Just need to make enquiries as to how to get booked, etc., especially if it is only for the saturday and sunday. (dont think I can do the whole weekend:tears: ) It will take even more begging, blackmail, and grovelling with the folks at home!
:flower:

Jan x

Dreadful Scathe
6th-January-2006, 11:44 AM
cmon up , you know you want to :)

skippy
12th-January-2006, 12:36 PM
Hope to be there, but since it is only three days from coming back for Florida :clap:
it will depend on my work hours!!!:tears:
save me some dances!! Please..........:whistle: :hug:

Little Monkey
13th-January-2006, 02:39 PM
Not sure if I'll be there for the whole event, but I will at least be there for the Saturday night party!

Hopefully this year I'll have a costume that's slightly easier to dance in.... :D

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
13th-January-2006, 03:05 PM
Not sure if I'll be there for the whole event, but I will at least be there for the Saturday night party!

Hopefully this year I'll have a costume that's slightly easier to dance in.... :D

Awwww, but you were so cuddly! :D

ducasi
13th-January-2006, 03:06 PM

:clap:

Any thoughts on what the fancy dress theme should be (assuming it hasn't yet been decided?)

Gadget
16th-January-2006, 02:09 PM

Any thoughts on what the fancy dress theme should be (assuming it hasn't yet been decided?)
I think that it should be a generic fancy dress or perhaps an open theme
like "movies". Awards should go for best general costume and a separate
award for best avatar based costume (your own avatar or someone else's).

The last couple have had some :worthy: costumes, but I would like to see
more people taking part, and having such a narrow base of avatars to draw on
makes it a lot harder... especially since you can only change yours once you
become a member.

drathzel
16th-January-2006, 03:15 PM

i think a theme might be better if it wasnt fancy dress, ie a sparkles and glitter, or a specific colour, like a black and white ball type thing etc! :)

CJ
16th-January-2006, 03:30 PM
How about Forum Names as opposed to Avatars??

Or will we just call it the BG?:confused:

drathzel
16th-January-2006, 03:35 PM
How about Forum Names as opposed to Avatars??

Or will we just call it the BG?:confused:

or you could change the meaning of the F sweetie:devil:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
16th-January-2006, 10:36 PM
Can't we just dress up as whatever we want? That way we can just give awards based on originality. I just wanna dress up as something cool, without having to stick to too narrow a selection.

PretzelMeister
17th-January-2006, 12:11 AM
I hope to meet you this time, in Oct everyone kept telling me how nice their dances were with you and I could never find you (not knowing what you look like may have something to do with it perhaps :blush: )

Doh Icey!

Night Owl was at the workshop in Stirling last night - and shame on you if you didn't dance with him! He was the one who received a round of applause when he walked in the door (complete with beard) for having driven down from Inverness for the class after driving back from the Glasgow party on the Sat night! (:worthy: Respect Night Owl! Or should that be commiseration and sympathy for the level of addiction already attained?!)

And thanks to you Icey for my dances this weekend - they were fab (well, for me at least!). It's always nice to wlecome visitors from foreign parts and hopefully you'll pencil in a slot for me on your dancecard when you're back up for the BFG? Please? :flower:

In the meantime, keep counting those beans....

PM

FirstMove
22nd-January-2006, 06:43 PM

How about dressing as the smileys?
:) :nice: :wink: ;) :grin: :na: :D :waycool: :cool: :confused: :what: :o :sick: :blush: :whistle: :rolleyes: :innocent: :eek: :really: :tears: :sad: :( :yum: :drool: :angry: :mad: :devil: :flower: :worthy: :rofl: :cheers: :clap: :hug: :kiss: :yeah:

That's 35 to choose from...

*Takes out shares in yellow face paint manufacturers*

FM

McJester
23rd-January-2006, 01:58 PM
How about dressing as the smileys?
:) :nice: :wink: ;) :grin: :na: :D :waycool: :cool: :confused: :what: :o :sick: :blush: :whistle: :rolleyes: :innocent: :eek: :really: :tears: :sad: :( :yum: :drool: :angry: :mad: :devil: :flower: :worthy: :rofl: :cheers: :clap: :hug: :kiss: :yeah:

That's 35 to choose from...

*Takes out shares in yellow face paint manufacturers*

FM

I'd have to go for Green face paint and find someone to go for the red....... not that I'm tactile or anything :whistle:

:hug:
McJ

TheTramp
23rd-January-2006, 02:08 PM
I'd have to go for Green face paint and find someone to go for the red....... not that I'm tactile or anything :whistle:

Yeah. You couldn't go for the red. It'd clash horribly with your hair!! Good choice! :clap:

LMC
23rd-January-2006, 02:08 PM
Me, me, pick me :D

I'm not shaving my head though.

Sparkles
23rd-January-2006, 02:29 PM
Will and DavidB ???
:cheers:

:D

Sparkles
1st-February-2006, 12:46 PM
Why is it that when it's possible to click on more than one option on a poll DS feels compelled to click on everything?! :what:

TheTramp
1st-February-2006, 12:51 PM
Why is it that when it's possible to click on more than one option on a poll DS feels compelled to click on everything?! :what:

See the bottom option of this poll...... Might explain it!

Piglet
14th-February-2006, 01:03 AM
Looks like I'll be there too! :) :nice: :grin: :D

Tiggerbabe
22nd-February-2006, 03:51 PM
ACCOMODATION FOR THE BFG 2006

We have secured accomodation at the Devoncove Hotel (http://www.devoncovehotel.com/index.htm) for the BFG -12/13/14th May 2006.

There are 3 double rooms, 3 twin rooms, 3 single rooms and 3 triple rooms available. Prices are £60 per room per night B&B for the double/twin rooms, £40 per room per night for the single rooms and £75 per room per night for the triple rooms.

A £20 deposit will be required for booking and the balance due must be paid 2 weeks before the event.

Anyone wishing to book a room at the Official BFG Party Hotel (I'm staying there, in case you hadn't guessed :wink: ) please PM myself.

Cheers,
Sheena

Northants Girly
22nd-February-2006, 04:42 PM
:sad: That reminds me . . . . I've booked a double there for Fri/Sat/Sun

but we can't make it anymore :tears:

I can cancel as long as I give at least 24 hours notice but if anyone wants it I'm sure they can just change the names etc (havn't paid anything at all yet)

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Just realized - our room only cost £50 per night . . . . don't all PM me at once!

Tiggerbabe
22nd-February-2006, 04:49 PM
Prices charged are the prices quoted by the hotel, nothing has been added.

So far I've had bookings for one twin and one double room, so it's definitely THE place to be :D

Northants Girly
22nd-February-2006, 05:05 PM
Prices charged are the prices quoted by the hotel, nothing has been added.Oh I'm sorry - I wasn't suggesting you had added owt - I'm sure it's cos I booked it last October! :D

Tiggerbabe
22nd-February-2006, 05:31 PM
Oh I'm sorry - I wasn't suggesting you had added owt - I'm sure it's cos I booked it last October! :D
:blush: I didn't think you were :hug: Just annoyed that we didn't manage to beat them down some more, pricewise :rofl:

Little Monkey
23rd-February-2006, 12:07 AM

Actually, I shall be there for the entire weekend, as we're now staying in the OFFICIAL BFG PARTY HOTEL!:D

So, any ideas on fancy dress yet? I need lots of time if I'm gonna make my own costume again. Oh, and the avatar theme is getting a bit worn out now, don't you think?

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
23rd-February-2006, 12:29 AM
Think i'm only gonna be at the Sat and Sun parties and sunday workshops, so they better be bloody brilliant!

Tiggerbabe
23rd-February-2006, 01:57 AM
So, any ideas on fancy dress yet?
Yup! It's Ebony and Ivory - which was decided on this thread somewhere, I think :clap:

ducasi
23rd-February-2006, 09:02 AM
Yup! It's Ebony and Ivory - which was decided on this thread somewhere I think :clap:
Strange that, as your post is the only mention of the words ebony and ivory on the whole of the forum...

(Though Drathzel did suggest a "black and white" theme earlier on this thread...)

I was hoping the fancy dress theme was going to be our smilies. :waycool:

Tiggerbabe
23rd-February-2006, 09:44 AM
(Though Drathzel did suggest a "black and white" theme earlier on this thread...)

Maybe I dreamt it then :blush: or maybe we were speaking about it in the Noodle Bar :D
Maybe we could have ebony and ivory smilies :D
or Maybe...........

Northants Girly
23rd-February-2006, 03:45 PM
:sad: That reminds me . . . . I've booked a double there for Fri/Sat/Sun

but we can't make it anymore :tears:

I can cancel as long as I give at least 24 hours notice but if anyone wants it I'm sure they can just change the names etc (havn't paid anything at all yet)

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Just realized - our room only cost £50 per night . . . . don't all PM me at once!In answer to requests - I've just confirmed with the hotel that it is a double room with a "big king size bed" :wink:

Tiggerbabe
24th-February-2006, 09:34 PM
Just a quick update on the accommodation front :D

I now have one double, one twin and three triple rooms left. :cheers:

LMC
28th-February-2006, 12:34 PM
I was hoping the fancy dress theme was going to be our smilies. :waycool:
How about "another forumite" (not their avatar, THEM) :devil:

Little Monkey
28th-February-2006, 11:42 PM
Maybe I dreamt it then :blush: or maybe we were speaking about it in the Noodle Bar :D
Maybe we could have ebony and ivory smilies :D
or Maybe...........

So, ermmmm..... No decisions on the theme for the fancy dress yet, then? Have you dreamt of any other themes yet, Tiggerbabe? :wink:

Ebony and Ivory................ Doesn't exactly get me into a wildly creative mood! :what:

Little Monkey
28th-February-2006, 11:42 PM
How about "another forumite" (not their avatar, THEM) :devil:

As in the real person, or their forum name?

Gadget
1st-March-2006, 01:36 PM
Ebony and Ivory................ Doesn't exactly get me into a wildly creative mood! :what:How about the opposite? a "Rainbow" theme{*} where everyone should wear bright colours - NO black or white :D

{* and no, I don't mean bungle, zippy, etc.:rolleyes:}

LMC
1st-March-2006, 02:51 PM
As in the real person, or their forum name?
The real person.

It'd be fun :D

ducasi
1st-March-2006, 02:57 PM
The real person.

It'd be fun :D
D'you reckon there are enough "fun" people to go as – and would we recognise them? :confused:

LMC
1st-March-2006, 03:10 PM
Most regular posters (and therefore likely attendees of the BFG) have met each other, and if they haven't, there's enough photos kicking around the forum to make it relatively easy to pick someone.

Trying to recognise who someone has dressed up as - that's the fun bit (hopefully). As a final selling point (could this be the clincher?) it gives everyone the opportunity to cross-dress if they so wish.

Lynn
1st-March-2006, 03:23 PM
Most regular posters (and therefore likely attendees of the BFG) have met each other, and if they haven't, there's enough photos kicking around the forum to make it relatively easy to pick someone.

Trying to recognise who someone has dressed up as - that's the fun bit (hopefully). As a final selling point (could this be the clincher?) it gives everyone the opportunity to cross-dress if they so wish.Of course you might end up with lots of people dressed in black t-shirt and black trousers - there's quite a wide range of possible forumites they could be!

LMC
1st-March-2006, 03:40 PM
I'm way too vain about my hair to shave it off, so it's a fair bet that I'm not going to be going as one of the Three Wise Men :non-existent deadpan smiley:

ducasi
1st-March-2006, 03:51 PM
I'm way too vain about my hair to shave it off, so it's a fair bet that I'm not going to be going as one of the Three Wise Men :non-existent deadpan smiley:
But if each of the "Three Wise Men" decided to come as each other – how could you tell? As I've only met one of them (I don't agree with your assertion that "Most regular posters ... have met each other") I wouldn't have a clue...

LMC
1st-March-2006, 03:57 PM
But if each of the "Three Wise Men" decided to come as each other – how could you tell?
Wouldn't matter, you can't tell them apart in real life either.

*lights blue touch paper...*

AFA regular posters are concerned, I did say 'most', not 'all' - I've not met Andy McGregor yet, for instance. But you must have met most of the Scottish regulars and a fair few of us Sassenachs last November :nice:

Now go to Pedants corner and tell me off for deliberately missing off that apostrophe - I thought fancy dress was supposed to be a bit of fun, and dressing up as someone else certainly would be, recognisable or not :devil:

Lynn
1st-March-2006, 04:04 PM
AFA regular posters are concerned, I did say 'most', not 'all' - I've not met Andy McGregor yet, for instance. And there are pics of various forumites so you could get an idea of some even if you haven't met them. Hmm, if someone was coming as Andy, what would they wear? If it was a guy they could always ask and see if he would lend one of his dresses.:rolleyes:

ducasi
1st-March-2006, 04:15 PM
I think the crucial attribute of "fancy dress" is that it is *fancy*.

Don't think this idea has a high enough "fancy" quotient. :(

Still think I'm cute? :flower:

Lynn
1st-March-2006, 04:21 PM
I think the crucial attribute of "fancy dress" is that it is *fancy*.

Don't think this idea has a high enough "fancy" quotient. :( You haven't seen any of the pics of Andy's dresses have you? :rolleyes:

LMC
1st-March-2006, 04:21 PM
Don't think this idea has a high enough "fancy" quotient. :(
Fair comment, the gathering might end up with an abundance of People in Black and therefore resemble a funeral wake rather than a dance party.

You just don't want to loan your scary T-shirt

Still think I'm cute? :flower:
Only if it annoys you :devil:

ducasi
1st-March-2006, 05:36 PM
You haven't seen any of the pics of Andy's dresses have you? :rolleyes:
I have actually... :really: :what: :worthy: :sick:

ducasi
1st-March-2006, 05:46 PM
You just don't want to loan your scary T-shirt Not on your life! Couldn't risk LM or Claire S getting their hands on it and burning it! :eek:

It's funny, I had decided to wear it to either Route 66 on Friday, or the party at Marco's on Saturday. I reasoned that I'd be unlikely to meet LM at Marco's and would also spend less time in the company of Claire there. So I choose to wear it then. :)

Then Claire never showed up on Friday, and LM went and turned up on Saturday. :(

Surprisingly, though they were both willing to dance with me despite the nasty scary t-shirt. Perhaps they were too scared to say no? :innocent:

[Cuteness...]
Only if it annoys you :devil: As I said to Lynn in some thread recently, it doesn't bother me at all. I take it as a compliment. :nice:

Could you perhaps let a certain few lady dancers round Scotland know how cute I am, as its apparently passed them by... :tears:

LMC
1st-March-2006, 06:14 PM
Could you perhaps let a certain few lady dancers round Scotland know how cute I am, as its apparently passed them by... :tears:
Sure, but you'll have to let me know who they are :innocent:

Icey
8th-March-2006, 02:15 PM
Right then. Flights booked, check, hotel booked, check. BFG booked, ummm not yet.

Any idea when we will be able to part with our hard earned cash and book our places for the BFG?

ducasi
8th-March-2006, 02:17 PM
Any idea when we will be able to part with our hard earned cash and book our places for the BFG?
Right now? (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/payments.php)

Icey
8th-March-2006, 02:32 PM
Bloomin' 'eck that's fast. I was looking for that the other night. I'm on the case :D

McJester, Ducasi, CJ, Night Owl, Franck and everyone else that I last saw in Jan get your dance cards out :grin:

ducasi
8th-March-2006, 02:33 PM
Bloomin' 'eck that's fast. I was looking for that the other night. I'm on the case :D
I noticed it last night when I was checking to see when my silver membership ran out.

McJester, Ducasi, CJ, Night Owl, Franck and everyone else that I last saw in Jan get your dance cards out :grin: OK, here it is... Now whose name am I adding? :innocent:

Icey
8th-March-2006, 02:38 PM
OK, here it is... Now whose name am I adding? :innocent:

I'll catch you my pretty!

LMC
8th-March-2006, 03:19 PM
Duration 10 weeks :eek:

If only :tears:

Hotel - check. BFG - check (:clap: ). New car (well new to me) - need to go looking, I'll be damned if I'm driving 2000 miles in a fortnight in my 'orrible Escort. Yes folks, the BFG will be the central high point to a grand tour of Scotland in mid-May - who am I going to come and visit?

*joins queue behind Icey - me next, me next*

ShinyWeeStar
8th-March-2006, 05:22 PM
Ooo, sounds like I'd better get myself organised! :really:

Who's staying where?

*slides into line behind LMC*

Tiggerbabe
8th-March-2006, 07:51 PM
Who's staying where?

Lots of us staying in the Devoncove Hotel but I have only one triple room (3 single beds) left. :hug:

Tiggerbabe
9th-March-2006, 10:55 AM
Updating the info - I now have a double room available for the BFG weekend too. £60 per night B & B and also the triple room which is £75 per night.

As you were :wink:

LMC
9th-March-2006, 11:18 AM
I just had an e-mail from that lady with the migraine - she wants to stay at the Devoncote... :devil:

Seriously, did you manage to take over the entire place? - hope so, then we can PARTY!

Tiggerbabe
9th-March-2006, 11:21 AM
Seriously, did you manage to take over the entire place? - hope so, then we can PARTY!
No, unfortunately they already had some prior booking so I got all of the rooms they had left. We just need to fathom out who's staying where and then party in the room that's closest to the centre :D

And you can't fool me - the migraine lady's been sleeping since she got home :wink: although I did wonder if she met Mike on the way out of Camber :whistle:

under par
9th-March-2006, 12:15 PM
And you can't fool me - the migraine lady's been sleeping since she got home :wink: although I did wonder if she met Mike on the way out of Camber :whistle:

Didn't she have a lovely handbag...

drathzel
9th-March-2006, 12:37 PM
I am hoping to be there!!!!:D

jacksondonut
9th-March-2006, 05:04 PM
Updating the info - I now have a double room available for the BFG weekend too. £60 per night B & B and also the triple room which is £75 per night.

As you were :wink:

Quite fancy the double... how do I go ahead and book? Never bin on a Scottish adventure before...:flower: thats if it hasnt already gone... :eek:

Tiggerbabe
10th-March-2006, 11:27 AM
Quite fancy the double... how do I go ahead and book?
It's all yours Ms Donut - I'll pm you all the details :hug:

Tiggerbabe
10th-March-2006, 11:31 AM
Actually I now have a twin available too (due to a little mix up in someone's head between the BFG and the Scottish Champs :whistle: :D )

jacksondonut
10th-March-2006, 02:06 PM
Thank you very much Tiggerbabe xxxx... see you there...:respect:

cant wait.. :clap: :clap:
Janx

TiggsTours
10th-March-2006, 04:08 PM
I'm coming off the fence, and I'm not going! :tears:

What with the cost of the event itself, flights and the cost of a hotel, I just can't afford it. Really need to be saving money at the moment. :sad:

Night Owl
10th-March-2006, 07:31 PM

McJester, Ducasi, CJ, Night Owl, Franck and everyone else that I last saw in Jan get your dance cards out :grin:

Hi Icey ,

I`ll be there,tho just when i thought i was in the happening hotel :tears: ,I find i`m not,oh well it`ll be great any way ,Roll on May:clap: :yeah:

Tiggerbabe
12th-March-2006, 09:21 AM
I`ll be there,tho just when i thought i was in the happening hotel :tears: ,I find i`m not,oh well
I still have a twin room and the triple available, Ian, so you could always change your booking :whistle:

jacksondonut
28th-March-2006, 02:44 PM
Well, got the hotel booked (thanks tiggerbabe!).... :flower:

All I need do now is figure out the best way to fly from Milton Keynes to the venue..... :confused: :confused:

Yeah, guess it will be Luton or Birmingham.. just wondering what other peoples experiences have been. Or whether I will be having some company from my neck of the woods.. that would be nice.. :flower:

thanks.
xx

Alice
28th-March-2006, 02:52 PM
I'm coming too now!! :clap: :clap:
Off on a Scottish adventure...

Now to find somewhere to stay:whistle:

TheTramp
28th-March-2006, 03:19 PM
Can you find somewhere for me too please :D

drathzel
28th-March-2006, 08:21 PM
Well, got the hotel booked (thanks tiggerbabe!).... :flower:

All I need do now is figure out the best way to fly from Milton Keynes to the venue..... :confused: :confused:

Yeah, guess it will be Luton or Birmingham.. just wondering what other peoples experiences have been. Or whether I will be having some company from my neck of the woods.. that would be nice.. :flower:

thanks.
xx

try asking Marc and Rachel, they came up in October!

Tiggerbabe
29th-March-2006, 02:14 AM
Now to find somewhere to stay:whistle:
Still have a triple room available at the Devoncove :whistle:

jacksondonut
29th-March-2006, 10:26 AM
try asking Marc and Rachel, they came up in October!

Ok.. good idea. Will PM her and see what she suggest.

Thankyou very much.:flower: :flower:
Jan

Yliander
29th-March-2006, 10:57 AM
I'm coming too now!! :clap: :clap:
Off on a Scottish adventure... WOO HOO:clap: - I'm SO jealous!!!!!!

Now to find somewhere to stay:whistle:I'm sure that won't be a problem :nice:

Alice
29th-March-2006, 11:48 AM
WOO HOO:clap: - I'm SO jealous!!!!!!

I'm sure that won't be a problem :nice:
You're right, it wasn't (thanks Sheena).

So- I'm now looking for two lovely people to share a room with:whistle:

drathzel
29th-March-2006, 11:48 AM
LW and I are staying at the devoncove, we have NG's booking!:D

Alice
29th-March-2006, 11:50 AM
LW and I are staying at the devoncove, we have NG's booking!:D
Woohoo, so am I! :clap:

Alice
29th-March-2006, 12:33 PM
Any information available yet on the workshops being taught? :)

Tiggerbabe
29th-March-2006, 06:48 PM
Any information available yet on the workshops being taught? :)
Coming soon, Alice, watch this space (well the BFG page really, but you know what I mean :whistle:)

On the accomodation front, Alice is looking for 2 people who would like to share the triple room at the Devoncove with her. There are 3 single beds in the room, so no-one has to share :D

Also I have had a cancellation and now have one single room available for £40 per night B&B. If anyone wants it, let me know :hug:

drathzel
29th-March-2006, 11:43 PM
Coming soon, Alice, watch this space (well the BFG page really, but you know what I mean :whistle:)

More importantly, whose room is the party going to be in?:confused: :D

jacksondonut
31st-March-2006, 09:13 AM
Think I may be staying at the Devoncove Hotel too... will have to check with Tiggerbabe..... memory is dreadfull these days...:rofl: :rofl:
:yeah:

Gadget
31st-March-2006, 12:18 PM
Have we a theme yet?
personally I'm not too fond of the black & white thing... perhaps an ORANGE theme - simply wear something orange?

ducasi
31st-March-2006, 01:14 PM
Have we a theme yet?
personally I'm not too fond of the black & white thing... perhaps an ORANGE theme - simply wear something orange?
Yeah, I'm cool with that... Even an Black and Orange theme...

Shouldn't we be thinking about the forum awards quite soon too?

Tiggerbabe
31st-March-2006, 07:12 PM
Think I may be staying at the Devoncove Hotel too... will have to check with Tiggerbabe
Check :hug:

Gadget
31st-March-2006, 11:31 PM
Shouldn't we be thinking about the forum awards quite soon too?
I think (if my memory is functioning correctly) that there are going to be two BFG's this year... I would think that awards should be reserved for the one towards the end of the year. (IMHO)

Tiggerbabe
31st-March-2006, 11:41 PM
(if my memory is functioning correctly)
Don't think it is Gadget :hug:

Alice
2nd-April-2006, 07:59 AM
You're right, it wasn't (thanks Sheena).

So- I'm now looking for two lovely people to share a room with:whistle:
...Make that one:) :clap: :flower:

jacksondonut
2nd-April-2006, 10:53 PM
Check :hug:

fantastic.... good job someone knows what I am doing...!!

thankyou.

Dreadful Scathe
4th-April-2006, 12:38 PM
I think (if my memory is functioning correctly) that there are going to be two BFG's this year... I would think that awards should be reserved for the one towards the end of the year. (IMHO)

Maybe it would if there was such a thing :) I think a change in the format of the awards would be a good idea? anyone ?

Gadget
4th-April-2006, 12:51 PM
{:blush:}

change the format to...?

Dreadful Scathe
4th-April-2006, 01:29 PM
dunno but simple votes was less interesting - especially when many of the winners couldnt be there, made it less of an event - maybe have a list of finalists for catagories and have a dance off, or a speling contest, or an egg and spoon race or something :)

Icey
4th-April-2006, 02:08 PM
... or a speling contest...

:rofl: Looking forward to this one!

drathzel
4th-April-2006, 02:44 PM
or an egg and spoon race or something :)

i want to see this one!:D

jacksondonut
10th-April-2006, 02:58 PM
Havent yet booked a Flight to Glasgow yet... imagine its best to go from Luton Airport.. (livin in MK of course)..

anyone got any tips on best deals available to fly up on the Friday?:flower: :flower: or indeed, will anyone be flying up with me??

thanks
Jan

Tiggerbabe
10th-April-2006, 07:15 PM
[B]Havent yet booked a Flight to Glasgow yet... imagine its best to go from Luton Airport.. (livin in MK of course)..

Just make sure you're flying to Glasgow airport and not Prestwick, Glasgow (as it's a teensy huge bit further away) :D

Chicklet
13th-April-2006, 03:52 PM
Who is DJ Rhythm Bandit please?

ducasi
13th-April-2006, 05:07 PM
I see we now have a programme of events (http://www.cerocscotland.com/BFG.htm)...

Looks interesting... :nice:

And we also have a theme for the Saturday party... Guess I'll have to find a hat... :really:

Gadget
13th-April-2006, 08:00 PM
Ever tried dancing in a hat? It's bloody hard! :respect: to those that can (& do)... now, which hat to choose... :confused:

Dreadful Scathe
13th-April-2006, 09:17 PM
Ever tried dancing in a hat? It's bloody hard! :respect: to those that can (& do)... now, which hat to choose... :confused:
Sheena doesnt have a problem - it must just be you ;)

drathzel
13th-April-2006, 11:19 PM
Sheena doesnt have a problem - it must just be you ;)

I cant do it either, :hug: to gadget :respect: to sheena

Tiggerbabe
16th-April-2006, 07:08 PM
Who is DJ Rhythm Bandit please?
David, from Milton Keynes. :D

Little Em
20th-April-2006, 09:14 AM
David, from Milton Keynes. :D

excellent!

i like his music.

He is such a laugh aswell! :rofl:

jacksondonut
20th-April-2006, 01:33 PM
Well, Ive actually booked my flights up to Glasgow on Easyjet ... on the Friday morning from Luton.... (lets hope the wings dont fall off....:rofl: :rofl: )

Have to come back on the Sunday tho... my op is on the Monday morning...
looking to have a good time, as I dont know how long it will be before I am on the dancefloor again...:yeah:

:clap: :clap:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
21st-April-2006, 12:14 AM
gr8 :waycool: can't wait to meet you. I can't do the whole week-end either so I better make sure I find you early on to say 'hello', what do you look like can I see a pic, pretty please? :flower: xxx

jacksondonut
21st-April-2006, 01:16 PM
gr8 :waycool: can't wait to meet you. I can't do the whole week-end either so I better make sure I find you early on to say 'hello', what do you look like can I see a pic, pretty please? :flower: xxx

I am bein brave and travelling up on my own, so It would be lovely to meet you too..:flower:

Take a look at my profile, there is a piccie of me looking down and trying to look intelligent...:rofl: :rofl: I am 5.6'', well built (!) and long brown hair (not as dark as the photo though, its highlighted now..) Hope that will help you in spotting me..

Your turn now! :flower: :flower:

Jan

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
24th-April-2006, 10:11 PM
I am bein brave and travelling up on my own, so It would be lovely to meet you too..:flower:

Take a look at my profile, there is a piccie of me looking down and trying to look intelligent...:rofl: :rofl: I am 5.6'', well built (!) and long brown hair (not as dark as the photo though, its highlighted now..) Hope that will help you in spotting me..

Your turn now! :flower: :flower:

Jan

Very nice pic! I also have one on my profile of gary (killingtime) and I the last bfg. There are some pics of me on the post pics thread I think. These are the only ones that I can find that are not too embarrasing/posing/stupid to show you, well....

jacksondonut
25th-April-2006, 11:12 AM
Very nice pic! I also have one on my profile of gary (killingtime) and I the last bfg. There are some pics of me on the post pics thread I think. These are the only ones that I can find that are not too embarrasing/posing/stupid to show you, well....

Thank you!! :flower: :flower: Its not too bad is it... considering I was thought to be a chap at first from my name.... :eek: (!!) Have never been to this event before, so am hoping that you will show me the 'ropes' :flower: I am going to PM Tiggerbabe and ask for some info.. I have to leave on the Sunday as my knee op is on the monday morning...:eek: :eek: ..

so I am planning to really 'go for it'.. dont know how long i will be laid up :tears:

not long now..

Jan

Little Monkey
25th-April-2006, 04:53 PM
Ooooh, I can't wait!

Might be a tad dead after Camber, though, but I shall be at the BFG all weekend, in a more or less comatose state!:D

And for those of you who have never met me, here's a photo to help you recognise me.....:whistle:

Little Em
26th-April-2006, 08:50 AM
Ooooh, I can't wait!

Might be a tad dead after Camber, though, but I shall be at the BFG all weekend, in a more or less comatose state!:D

And for those of you who have never met me, here's a photo to help you recognise me.....:whistle:

ill look out for the Cruella hair!!:eek:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
26th-April-2006, 10:51 PM
Ooooh, I can't wait!

Wo, your shampoo must be amazing, 'cause I ain't never seen hair that shiny...

Vicky
27th-April-2006, 09:01 AM
5288 5289

it's my first BFG and i am so looking forward to it!!:clap: can wait to put face to all these names here is a pic of me so u can put a face to the name!:flower: just hope this works lol

jacksondonut
27th-April-2006, 11:57 AM
5288 5289

it's my first BFG and i am so looking forward to it!!:clap: can wait to put face to all these names here is a pic of me so u can put a face to the name!:flower: just hope this works lol

Lovely pics... be nice to meet you too. I have never figured out how to post photos, but mine is on my profile. :flower:

Jan

Icey
27th-April-2006, 01:01 PM
Right, I've just shelled out my sixty squids, see you all in a few weeks :clap:

JacksonDonut - Me and Mr Darcy will be there and we're staying in the Devoncove Hotel too so you won't be alone for long :D

jacksondonut
27th-April-2006, 01:11 PM
Right, I've just shelled out my sixty squids, see you all in a few weeks :clap:

JacksonDonut - Me and Mr Darcy will be there and we're staying in the Devoncove Hotel too so you won't be alone for long :D

Yippppppeeeeeeeee..... am sooooo pleased...... are you flying up on Friday too.....???? :flower: :flower: :flower:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
27th-April-2006, 01:12 PM
5288 5289

Why haven't I managed to meet you yet vicky? :confused:

Icey
27th-April-2006, 01:36 PM
Yippppppeeeeeeeee..... am sooooo pleased...... are you flying up on Friday too.....???? :flower: :flower: :flower:

we are, my love. But we're flying up out of Heathrow. Also, LMC will be at the Devoncove so there will be a few familiar southern faces :grin:

Vicky
27th-April-2006, 01:42 PM
Lovely pics... be nice to meet you too. I have never figured out how to post photos, but mine is on my profile. :flower:

Jan
Thanks Jan

Nice Pic of you too on your profile. need to look out for you at the BFG i should be nice to meet everyone and Dance! :hug: :cheers:

Tinkerbell
27th-April-2006, 05:23 PM
Hiya Vicky,

Great picture of you and lover boy :waycool:

I can't wait 'til BFG, I'm sure it will be great :clap:

Just have to find myself a hat :eek:

Gill x :hug:

Tiggerbabe
29th-April-2006, 08:34 AM
Also, LMC will be at the Devoncove so there will be a few familiar southern faces :grin:
also Foxylady, Sparkles, David Y, Gordon Pownall & Sal (DJ Bunnie) and Sheepman

Northern faces include myself, ShinyWeeStar, Caro, Night Owl, Janey, Tattie, Moraganne, Little Monkey

Miles away faces :wink: Alice, Drathzel

Plus a few other not-yet-forumites :D

ducasi
29th-April-2006, 08:59 AM
Plus a few other not-yet-forumites :eek: Are they allowed??!?!?!?!?!!?!? :eek:

Tiggerbabe
29th-April-2006, 09:46 AM
:eek: Are they allowed??!?!?!?!?!!?!? :eek:
Yep - they've booked! :whistle: :whistle:

Vicky
30th-April-2006, 01:27 PM
Hiya Vicky,

Great picture of you and lover boy :waycool:

I can't wait 'til BFG, I'm sure it will be great :clap:

Just have to find myself a hat :eek:

Hey Mrs

jammy takes a good picture but not me no make up on argh!!

looking for to the bfg now its getting close!!:clap:
what classes you doing?:confused:
got my shoes and they are fab i will bring them on Tuesday Night!!!
hope you are havnig a good time at the uni and i am sure you are!!

vicky XX:hug: :flower:

Minnie M
30th-April-2006, 06:28 PM
I would love to go .... but May is such a difficult time to get away as there is so much other stuff going on that I am comitted to PLUS air fairs are not that cheap in May - too much expense for that time of year - wish I could find a £10 Travelodge near the event :tears:

Much prefered the October date - so much more convenient and cheaper :sad: (even with all the rain)

Really upset (and jealous) I can't make it - will have to do a Beach Ball room later in the year :flower:

Tiggerbabe
30th-April-2006, 06:34 PM
Shame you're not going to make it Minnie, one of your favourite men is teaching - Graham Fox :clap:

Next Beach Ballroom is in June (and we have at least 4 Sexy Guys making the trip from Way Down South :clap:) - Amir is teaching in June and then in November we have Stefano and Alexandra from Tango in Action.

Would be fab to see you at one of them :hug:

Minnie M
30th-April-2006, 07:04 PM
Shame you're not going to make it Minnie, one of your favourite men is teaching - Graham Fox :clap:.........
:tears: :tears:
Really wanted to go, had such a fab time last year - and it was great seeing Graham at the freestyle then :respect:

But far more important.............. gonna missed my lovely hugs from you and Franck and all my other lovely friends living north of the border :tears::tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Life is just not fair :mad:

Tiggerbabe
30th-April-2006, 07:06 PM
But far more important.............. gonna miss my lovely hugs from you and Franck and all my other lovely friends living north of the border :tears::tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Not too long till Southport :hug:

Minnie M
30th-April-2006, 07:32 PM
Not too long till Southport :hug:
:yeah: :clap: :hug: :yeah: :hug: :clap: :yeah:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
30th-April-2006, 07:50 PM
I'm going to miss Minnie :love:

Minnie M
30th-April-2006, 08:14 PM
:tears: so sorry Ash - gonna miss you too :sad: Wish I could win the lottery, then I could pay off my mortgage, stop working and do every weekender :clap:

drathzel
1st-May-2006, 01:41 PM
also Foxylady, Sparkles, David Y, Gordon Pownall & Sal (DJ Bunnie) and Sheepman

Northern faces include myself, ShinyWeeStar, Caro, Night Owl, Janey, Tattie, Moraganne, Little Monkey

Miles away faces :wink: Alice, Drathzel

Plus a few other not-yet-forumites :D

I'm not that far away :tears:

P.S I have missed you all sooooooo much, save me lots of dances please! i have my dance card ready!:D

Tiggerbabe
1st-May-2006, 02:01 PM
save me lots of dances please! i have my dance card ready!:D
Cool! :hug:

jacksondonut
1st-May-2006, 02:28 PM

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: will miss ya too Minnie :flower: :flower:

Looking forward to meeting some new people very soon :yeah:

Less than two weeks to go...:clap: :clap:

Cruella
1st-May-2006, 02:42 PM
ill look out for the Cruella hair!!:eek:

:rofl: Shame the rest of me can't make it.:sad:

jacksondonut
2nd-May-2006, 12:09 PM
:rofl: Shame the rest of me can't make it.:sad:

Yeah... would have liked some good company on the flight up.. sorry youre not coming but will have a few dances for you hun..:flower: :flower:

Jan

TracyF
2nd-May-2006, 08:03 PM
Yeah i'm going can't wait, although i've been told the ladies list has been suspended due to not enough men have booked. PLEASE CAN ALL MEN WHO WANT TO GO PLEASE BOOK A.S.A.P PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE

Thanks

xxxxxxxxxxxx

:grin:

Tinkerbell
3rd-May-2006, 03:26 PM
:yeah: Come on men, please book up :flower:

Otherwise there will be a very disappointed little Tinkerbell :tears:

I now know how Cinderella felt.... I'm just waiting on Tiggerbabe saying more men have booked and 'You shall go to the BFG' :clap:

This will teach me not to leave everything to the last minute :sick:

Hope to see you all there!!

Gill x

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
3rd-May-2006, 11:45 PM
:yeah: Come on men, please book up :flower:

Otherwise there will be a very disappointed little Tinkerbell :tears:

I now know how Cinderella felt.... I'm just waiting on Tiggerbabe saying more men have booked and 'You shall go to the BFG' :clap:

This will teach me not to leave everything to the last minute :sick:

Hope to see you all there!!

Gill x

I thought it was only the workshops the ladies couldn't do? :confused: Does this mean I can't go to the Parties? :tears: I only wanted to go to the parties :(

Gadget
4th-May-2006, 01:17 AM
I thought it was only the workshops the ladies couldn't do? :confused: Does this mean I can't go to the Parties? :tears: I only wanted to go to the parties :(
I think that anyone can go to the parties - I've not known any parties to be ticket only (in the Ceroc Scotland franchise)

Just come allong anyway and someone will sneak you in under their hat :wink:

Tiggerbabe
4th-May-2006, 01:42 AM
At the moment the list for ladies wishing to do the workshops is suspended. :blush: The parties are not affected.

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
4th-May-2006, 08:19 PM
At the moment the list for ladies wishing to do the workshops is suspended. :blush: The parties are not affected.
Phew! Is tuesday too late to get tickets? Methinks i'll need to get to the bank :sick:

Lou
5th-May-2006, 07:20 AM

Phew! Of course I haven't got my tickets yet! :rolleyes: But I was only planning to get to the parties, anyway. :grin:

Freya
7th-May-2006, 12:56 PM
WooHoo

I'm now going to the Sunday Parties! Not doing the workshops coz little old me gets to drive all the way down from insch (45mins north of aberdeen) to be in glasgow for 10.30 (My friend has decided to do the workshops!) I'm going to go and sleep as little will have been had on Saturday Night!

Hope To see some of you all at the Tea Dance and the Sunday night Party and put some names to Faces!:flower:

jacksondonut
7th-May-2006, 01:12 PM
WooHoo

I'm now going to the Sunday Parties! Not doing the workshops coz little old me gets to drive all the way down from insch (45mins north of aberdeen) to be in glasgow for 10.30 (My friend has decided to do the workshops!) I'm going to go and sleep as little will have been had on Saturday Night!

Hope To see some of you all at the Tea Dance and the Sunday night Party and put some names to Faces!:flower:

:sad: Looks like I may not get to meet you... have to fly home lunchtime on Sunday ready for op on Monday... hope you have a fabulous time though..
:flower: :flower:

Freya
7th-May-2006, 01:16 PM
:sad: Looks like I may not get to meet you... have to fly home lunchtime on Sunday ready for op on Monday... hope you have a fabulous time though..
:flower: :flower:

Awwww thats such a shame!

Good Luck for the Op:hug: Hope all goes well!

jacksondonut
7th-May-2006, 05:20 PM
Awwww thats such a shame!

Good Luck for the Op:hug: Hope all goes well!

Thank you very much,:flower: :flower: I will have to make the most of this weekend.. :yeah: :yeah: its my last time out to play for a while I think!!

getting nervous but know I need to have it done, so, here goes... fingers crossed...!

drathzel
8th-May-2006, 04:15 PM
Looking forward to seeing all my scotish pals i've not seen in ages and everyone else i've not seen!

I am sooooo excited!:clap:

Freya
8th-May-2006, 04:28 PM
Cool will you be there the Sunday? If so I look forward to meeting the real person!

Freya xXx

drathzel
8th-May-2006, 04:36 PM
Cool will you be there the Sunday? If so I look forward to meeting the real person!

Freya xXx

I shall be arriving in glasgow on friday at 12.35 and leaving on monday at 3.30, so i should Bl00dy hope so!!!:D

Freya
8th-May-2006, 04:48 PM
I shall be arriving in glasgow on friday at 12.35 and leaving on monday at 3.30, so i should Bl00dy hope so!!!:D
:clap: :clap: :clap: Great I'll see you sunday then!

jacksondonut
8th-May-2006, 05:35 PM

Hiya.. will you be at the Airport in Glasgow..?? If you fancy sharing a taxi to the hotel with me, that would be great..:flower: I will be arriving from luton around about the same time.. would be nice to have some company and to meet you..:flower:

Jan

drathzel
8th-May-2006, 05:39 PM
Hiya.. will you be at the Airport in Glasgow..?? If you fancy sharing a taxi to the hotel with me, that would be great..:flower: I will be arriving from luton around about the same time.. would be nice to have some company and to meet you..:flower:

Jan

Sorry Jan, i am getting the boat across and getting the train to glasgow!:flower: Are you staying in the devoncove? maybe we can get coffee before we check in or after!:hug:

jacksondonut
8th-May-2006, 05:46 PM
Sorry Jan, i am getting the boat across and getting the train to glasgow!:flower: Are you staying in the devoncove? maybe we can get coffee before we check in or after!:hug:

Yes Please...:flower: That would be lovely. Not sure how far the Hotel is from the Airport.. is it far?

Just wondered if they have lunch there or do you have to eat out of the Hotel..?? maybe a coffee and sandwich ? :flower:

ooohhh and yes, meant to say I am at the Devoncove Hotel too..:D

drathzel
8th-May-2006, 06:16 PM
Yes Please...:flower: That would be lovely. Not sure how far the Hotel is from the Airport.. is it far?

Just wondered if they have lunch there or do you have to eat out of the Hotel..?? maybe a coffee and sandwich ? :flower:

ooohhh and yes, meant to say I am at the Devoncove Hotel too..:D

I know Glasgow quite well having lived there for 3 years so i am sure we can find somewhere!

The hotel is about 15 mins in a taxi from the airport. You can get an airport bus to Buchannan street station but then you'd need to get a taxi from there. The taxi will prob cost about £15 (if i can remember correctly) at christmas!

Just tell the taxi the name of the hotel and tell them its near kelvin grove park, then pray! He he!:D

Caro
8th-May-2006, 07:54 PM
just got confirmation from Sheena that all is booked... I was too on the waiting list for the workshops, so thanks all the guys who booked up this wee-end!!! :flower: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm so looking forward to this week-end, all the dancing and meeting loads of forumites!!! :drool:

Forgot to say, I'm staying in the devoncote as well, with LMC, so hope to see many of you there!! :clap: :D

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
8th-May-2006, 10:32 PM
Well peeps looks like i'll only be able to make the sat party, and perhaps the sun tea dance if there is any room for me. Busy busy busy!!! So y'all better find me on sat for dances, I don't wanna be missing out, that's for sure. :nice: xxx

drathzel
8th-May-2006, 10:36 PM
Forgot to say, I'm staying in the devoncote as well, with LMC, so hope to see many of you there!! :clap: :D

Woo hoo :clap: its going to be fun with us all staying in the same place, like a mini southport!

Psst, i dont have a hat :eek: , i just dont wear them:flower:

ShinyWeeStar
8th-May-2006, 10:46 PM
I'm staying in the devoncove as well, with LMC, so hope to see many of you there!!
Me too! :grin: Just not with LMC. :wink:

:yeah: I'm not a hat person either. I have got something to wear on my head though! :na:

jacksondonut
9th-May-2006, 08:06 AM
Woo hoo :clap: its going to be fun with us all staying in the same place, like a mini southport!

Oh dear, Im not a hat person either, so looks like I will be trying to borrow one from somewhere.....:what: :eek:

My plane lands at 12.30, so hope to arrive at the hotel for around 1.00-130 depending on how quickly I can get out of the airport.... :clap: :clap:

better start looking for my passport... :rofl: :rofl:

See you soon!!:yeah:

Jan

Missy D
9th-May-2006, 08:12 AM
I want to Come:sad:

When is the next one?

jacksondonut
9th-May-2006, 08:52 AM
I want to Come:sad:

When is the next one?

aaaaaaahhh, wish you could come too sweetie.. :flower: :flower:

I think its an annual thing, but dont quote me on that !! :what:

Jan
:hug: :hug:

Tinkerbell
9th-May-2006, 09:00 AM
just got confirmation from Sheena that all is booked... I was too on the waiting list for the workshops, so thanks all the guys who booked up this wee-end!!! :flower: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:yeah: thanks to the guys who made last minute bookings :awe:

Really looking forward to seeing everybody...roll on Friday :clap: :D :clap:

ducasi
9th-May-2006, 09:41 AM
:yeah:

Been trying to figure out what workshops to do... There's one or two still without a description which doesn't make it easy... (Are you listening Franck and Danielle? :wink:)

Thinking I might need a suitable partner for the "Spectacular Dips"... :really:

See you all this weekend! :D

drathzel
9th-May-2006, 11:16 AM
(Are you listening Franck and Danielle? :wink:)

I was only asked for mine yesterday:yum:

Tiggerbabe
9th-May-2006, 01:44 PM
Hat shopping complete! :D :drool: :clap:

ducasi
9th-May-2006, 02:25 PM
:tears:

I've no idea what hat I want, or where I'll get it... :sad:

A friend suggested I'd suit something "cool and sexy". :waycool:

Any ideas? :flower:

Tiggerbabe
9th-May-2006, 02:32 PM
Any ideas? :flower:
I think you'd suit a "baker-boy" hat. :) You get these in lots of different materials and colours, maybe a leather one? :whistle:

Gap had some nice hats for guys. I'd have thought there must be loads of cool shops in Glasgow, maybe in the Italian Centre? :hug:

p.s. anyone without their own hat - beware :rofl:

Tiggerbabe
9th-May-2006, 02:49 PM
A friend suggested I'd suit something "cool and sexy". :waycool:

Cool and sexy - here you go :drool:

jacksondonut
9th-May-2006, 02:53 PM

sod the hat.... how do you get your hands on the bloke...:drool: :innocent:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TheTramp
9th-May-2006, 02:54 PM
p.s. anyone without their own hat - beware :rofl:

Yeah, yeah. You and who's army?

Bring it on Babe! :yum:

Forum Awards
9th-May-2006, 03:36 PM
Can I just remind all those of you heading to Glasgow this weekend, to please PM myself with your votes for Forum King & Queen and also the Best Thread.

As above, for all those of you not heading to Glasgow, too :D

skippy
9th-May-2006, 05:52 PM
Help just come back from holiday!!!!
would like to do Simon Borland's workshops on Sunday can anyone help???
If you haven't already booked and fancy just doing Sunday, please PM me asap.
Can't go if I don't find another man!!!:tears:
So is there anyone out there??:worthy:

Icey
9th-May-2006, 07:45 PM

Yup, me too. Three cheers for Oxfam :D

Caro
9th-May-2006, 08:43 PM

:drool: :drool: :drool:

sod the hat.... how do you get your hands on the bloke...:drool: :innocent:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:yeah: :respect: :rofl: :rofl:

By the way I thought the theme was 'mad' hat? that hat looks too plain (although nice!) to fit into the mad definition! :confused: :rolleyes:

Chicklet
10th-May-2006, 05:54 PM
I've found my hat....and all the accoutrements that I HAVE to wear with it.......mystery and intrigue...

Icey
10th-May-2006, 07:47 PM
By the way I thought the theme was 'mad' hat?

I was wondering about that too, but decided to go with wearable whilst dancing rather than "mad". I also have to consider getting it up to Glasgow and back again in one piece.

jacksondonut
11th-May-2006, 10:56 AM
I was wondering about that too, but decided to go with wearable whilst dancing rather than "mad". I also have to consider getting it up to Glasgow and back again in one piece.

Me too, Icey.. :yeah: Have a problem with hats... so have to be comfortable and wearable.. (easily squashed into my suitcase.. :rofl: :rofl: )

Hopefully can manage to keep it on for a while... :whistle:

See you Friday!! :flower: :flower:

Icey
11th-May-2006, 07:24 PM
Packing ... dance shoes? Check. Dance outfits? Check. Hat? Check. Clean pants? Check. Toothbrush? Check.

I think I may be ready :nice: No doubt I've forgotten something though :wink: See you all tomorrow :clap:

Chicklet
11th-May-2006, 07:33 PM
......just finished polishing some things there.....

drathzel
11th-May-2006, 11:42 PM
I have packed but am sure my bag is too small for me to have remebered everything. Ah well if i forgot anything glasgow has plenty of shops and i have plenty of credit cards (ok just 2 but plenty of space on them!):D

jacksondonut
12th-May-2006, 07:38 AM
IM OFF TO SCOTLAND....

YIPPEE.....

See you all later... I AM SOOOO EXCITED....

*starts to panic as hat has disappeared.....!*

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
12th-May-2006, 10:47 AM
I have no hat.

CJ
12th-May-2006, 10:54 AM
I have no hat.

... but you do have 30 whole hours!!:D

Alternatively, U could borrow my Darth Vader helmet. (you are NOT getting the lightsabre though!!!:rofl: )

(Am on to plan B:tears: Is not too bad, but I can't find my plan A:eek:
am working on it...)

TheTramp
12th-May-2006, 05:06 PM
Woohoo. Time to leave for Glasgow.

See you all there :clap:

under par
12th-May-2006, 05:21 PM
Woohoo. Time to leave for Glasgow.

See you all there :clap:

So jealous...... just going to work:sad: :sad: :sad:

Have a great time everyone:cheers: see you all somewhere else real soon:hug:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
13th-May-2006, 01:57 PM
So jealous...... just going to work:sad: :sad: :sad:

Have a great time everyone:cheers: see you all somewhere else real soon:hug:
Awww don't feel bad UP :hug: I couldn't go last night either so me sad too :sad:

ash xxx

Piglet
14th-May-2006, 03:49 AM
Great Tea Party - big thanks to DJ Bunny for playing a cracker of a tune! And thanks also to Gordon for the lovely dance, as well as all the regular men I know and love very much :awe:

Big huge thanks to Tramp and Mel for choreographying (is that the right word? oops, hope you get my meaning) the "Feeling Good" routine. It went by in a flash (like I had hoped it would - apart from the fact that I was aware I was incapable of smiling during the routine at all! Nightmare!) and thanks to Ducasi for being a brilliant partner - apologies again for all the knocks and scrapes I've given you along the way learning and putting this routine together.

Really enjoyed the music in both rooms upstairs and dotted between the two. Ventured downstairs once only - I can't believe how busy that room was all night - so must have been something good happening down there too!

Missed dancing with lots of lovely dancers - how did I manage to do that? But also had a great time dancing with guys that I love dancing with so it was a huge success for me.

Want to say a WOW! to Drathzel for her dance with Tramp near the end of the night. Excellent - absolutely excellent! I so-o-o-o-o had a great time watching them. (I must come over to Ireland at some point I think.)

drathzel
14th-May-2006, 07:17 PM
Want to say a WOW! to Drathzel for her dance with Tramp near the end of the night. Excellent - absolutely excellent! I so-o-o-o-o had a great time watching them. (I must come over to Ireland at some point I think.)

:blush: thanks and i here was me thinking i was not on form last night :D which dance was it? was it the one i was in which i was trying to knock some sence into mr t?:devil:

It was lovely to see you and you are more than welcome to come over anytime :clap:

Lory
14th-May-2006, 10:11 PM
Does anyone know who I should hand my Forum queen crown over to :confused: I'd like to be able to congratulate them :) :cheers: :yeah:

And what were the other results?

jacksondonut
14th-May-2006, 10:24 PM
:awe: Have so much to say... a feel a big one coming on.... :whistle:

Where to start.... mmm, lets see...

Firstly, Icey, MrDarcy, McJester... thankyou for looking after me so well, from the moment my feet touched Scottish soil (sorry Tarmac):flower: :flower:

I felt at home straight away...:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: So lovely of you to let me join you and spend time getting to know you better....Nice threesome on Friday lunch (!):whistle: with the beautiful Drathzel and her lovely fella... what a smashing couple and such good company :flower: :flower: Again another Threesome with Icey and MrDarcy on Saturday lunch (!) :whistle:
What a weekend..

Dont have much time as I have still to get sorted for tomorrow... so I will try and make this quick now as its getting late and I havent done anything yet!

Franck, Tiggerbabe and the legions of people I met this weekend.. a massive Thankyou to you all... truly felt part of something really special... it may be cold north of the border .. but the people warmed my heart bigtime, fell in love with you all... I could name each and every one of you who made it special for me... but will have to wait till another day..

Music and Dancing was the best (and gentlest) I have experienced, must be the fab teachers... :worthy: :drool: One night was a little to ''poppy'' for my liking, but the punters seemed to like it ok... I felt a lot happier later on and especially at the tea-dances in the afternoons... quite a new experience for me... thank you, one and all.. CJ, loved Ich Will (hope I spelt it correctly)..

NB Pretzelmeister, my bruise is fading now, but my memory of our dance with stay with me forever..:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :yeah: you are lovely..:flower:

Had wonderful opportunity to get to know a few people a lot better, LMC, youre lovely, Foxylady and Isabelle, and all those I got to chat with.. Sparkles, you looked stunning all weekend, so many... Im tired and the brain has packed up.. apologies if I havent mentioned you, but you are remembered for next time..

Finally, as I must go now, just wanted to say THANK YOU EVERYONE.. an honour and a priviledge for me and so looking forward to spending time with you again sometime soon.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love::love:

Gordon J Pownall
14th-May-2006, 10:38 PM
A remarkable weekend - Sally and I are no longer BFG virgins.:what:

We taught two classes and had great fun in both...the dancers in Scotland are amazing...! Sal loved playing her sets at the tea dance and the Latin room...:worthy:

High points :-

:grin: Freestyling in all the rooms with some amazingly talented women, Aleks, Drathzel, Sheena, Melanie, Sparkles and all the others :awe: (Sal says the blokes as well Franck, Luca, Ceroc Jock (wicked set..!) and others...:awe: :awe: :awe:

:grin: The Latin Jive class - didn't mean to turn it into a jibbering rabble of laughs and giggles but we had great fun and such style and attitude from the guys and gals..:respect:

:grin: The Fancy Footwork Class - the makings of a team entry..! and all in one hour..!!!:respect:

:grin: Wicked sets by all DJ's...

:grin: The hats - say no more...!

:grin: Cake at the afternoon tea dances, cake in the Hotel on Saturday night / Sunday morning..

:grin: Baileys, Champagne, Brandy and deep fried pizza...at 3am in the morning - there is nothing better...!:cheers:

:grin: The chat, the music, the environment - even Glasgow had sun during the weekend....:whistle:

:grin: The showcase team routine - great dancing with great choreography - winning potential throughout...!:clap:

:grin: The jazz dance class taught by Mel and danced on Saturday in the tea dance - gutted my butt wasn't out of bed to do the class...:blush:

:sad: Low points
don't be ridiculous...!!!:sick:

Great fun, great company and if you've never been, get it in your diary now for next year...!

For those of you who missed it - get the DVD - details to Franck to order...and with the potential inclusion of out takes as well, not to be missed...! (thanks for your patience Trampy - although it was heard that you took 3 takes as well...!!!:wink:

Thanks to Franck for inviting us, Sheena for hosting and organising us (blue M&M's ONLY in our dressing room next time please...) and all the dancers and crew that made Sally and I feel so welcome...!

Gordon and Sal...xxx

Alice
15th-May-2006, 12:20 AM
Thanks everyone for a FANTASTIC weekend:) :clap: :clap: Did some cool workshops, learnt some interesting moves and it was great to meet some of you in person finally!! Had some lovely dances...:drool:

Well done to all who had a hand in organising it all- must have been a mammoth job but you did it very well:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Now, off to bed:)

(Sorry this is really short and not very detailed, I'm too tired to think properly- but the thought was there:wink: )

drathzel
15th-May-2006, 09:14 AM
Well i spent some time writing a long reply to this thread last night but the WiFi seemed to disappear and iwas unable to post or go back and save!

:yeah: to everyone comments. It was a great weekend, it was great to see all my friends and have some lovely dances

I really enjoyed teaching my workshop on saturday and had a fantastic demo (azande) who makes all dancing look fantastic no matter what you are teaching. Thank you to aleks also for helping make up the female numbers

Lone wolf regretted havng to leave early, he really had a good weekend.

The music was fantastic and i am looking forward to getting all the playlists and stealing fab songs.

Is anyone else already looking forward to blaze?!

Thanks Franck and Sheena, it really was a well organised enjoyable weekend!

oh and 1 take only Mr Pownell :devil:

Dizzy
15th-May-2006, 09:24 AM
Just out of interest and seeing as that I couldn't make it up there :tears: , Who won the Forum Awards? :whistle:

drathzel
15th-May-2006, 09:28 AM
Just out of interest and seeing as that I couldn't make it up there :tears: , Who won the Forum Awards? :whistle:

Forum King :- Franck
Forum Queen :- Sheena :worthy:
Thread :- Tessalicious, truth or dare

Dizzy
15th-May-2006, 09:29 AM

:clap: :clap: Thanks D :clap: :clap:

Congratulations to Franck & Sheena :clap: :clap: :clap: :flower: :hug:

Lou
15th-May-2006, 09:38 AM
Best BFG ever! :clap: :blush: :whistle:

:D

Chicklet
15th-May-2006, 09:44 AM
:blush:
surely you had more than one :blush: moment :whistle::rofl:

Lory
15th-May-2006, 09:44 AM

:clap: :cheers: Congratulations to you all!:cheers: :clap:

I'm so pleased to be handing my crown over to such a lovely and worthy successor, well done Tiggerbabe! :worthy: :hug: :hug: :hug:

BeeBee
15th-May-2006, 01:33 PM
A quick post to say how much i enjoyed the BFG in Glasgow. Franck and Sheena did a sterling job organising and hosting it. Well done guys - you really did yourselves proud!

The classes were fantastic :clap: :worthy: - although by the end of Sunday I couldnt have told you my name let alone remembered any more dance moves, routines or top tips :rolleyes: . Kodak moments included Tattie and I crumbling at the Shakin' Ass routine - I think I ended up Irish dancing at one point . . . :rofl: Pretzlemeister enjoying Mel B's routine (speaking of shakin' ass routines . . . :rolleyes: ) seeing Sheena and her partner do a tangoy dance - wowweee :clap:, Pretzlemeisters split drawers - go for the lunge!, seeing Little Monkeys' hat enter the room - genius bunnet :respect: . . . and the man with the netting from a bag of oranges on his head - interesting interpretation of 'hat' :rofl:

The tea dance Sunday afternoon was brill - really good music and I had some fantastic dances - thanks to all who endured my 'karaoke jive' :blush:

The cabaret - well done Mel B and Trampy for choreographing, organising and cajoling everyone! :clap: :clap: :worthy: :clap:

The music was great - a real mix of stuff going on, reeeeeeealllllly enjoyed the dances in the evening. :D

It was fab to meet so many lovely new people. Thank goodness Southport is on the horizon - I'm still on cloud 9, I need something to look forward to!!!

Linda x :flower:

Caro
15th-May-2006, 05:39 PM
it was my first BFG and what a fantastic week-end it was!!!! :respect: :awe: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I loved every single bit of it, from the party friday night, all the workshops the following days, the big party on saturday night, the cabaret routine (you guys were all amazing :respect: , well done Trampy & Mel for the choregraphy! :clap: ), more workshops and the chilled out party on sunday...

so many lovely dances with great dancers as well... thank you all PreizelMeister, Crossa, Azande, Franck, Jammie, BTC Bill, Gordon, Mr Darcy, David Y, Peter, John, and also some of the usual faces Gadget, Trampy, Tim, and all the others whose names I don't know! Sorry if I forgot anyone :blush:
:flower: :flower: :flower:

It was great to meet so many of the forumites as well, JacksonDonut (good luck for the operation and hopefully see you soon on a dancefloor! :flower: ), Icey and Mr Darcy, FoxyLady, etc etc etc there were so many!!! Thanks LMC for being a lovely roommate, it was great to finally meet you!:flower:

I had such a brilliant time... loved the WCS class and I really want to learn more now... shame we don't have classes in Aberdeen :tears:

Thanks you so much Franck and Tiggerbabe and all those who helped to organise, this was just fantastic!!!
:respect: :clap: :hug: :flower: :worthy: :worthy:

I think I will definately need a month to recover and get back in shape for the beach ballroom in june with Amir, am so looking forward to that now! And Blaze next year, this is a great idea!

Tiggerbabe
15th-May-2006, 05:49 PM
I'm so pleased to be handing my crown over to such a lovely and worthy successor, well done Tiggerbabe! :worthy: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Thanks Lory, I'm still way too tired to post much, but here are the results from the voting.

King: Franck, 2nd place: Under Par, 3rd place: Ducasi
Queen: Tiggerbabe, 2nd place: Lynn, 3rd place: Drathzel
Best Thread: Truth or Dare - Tessalicious, 2nd place: Singleton's Sofa - Purple Sparkler

And great news about BLAZE - Scotland's Ceroc Weekender, Craig Tara, Ayr - 11-14th May 2007, get that date in your diaries now :clap:

under par
15th-May-2006, 06:11 PM
And great news about BLAZE - Scotland's Ceroc Weekender, Craig Tara, Ayr - 11-14th May 2007, get that date in your diaries now :clap:

GREAT NEWS!!:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

When can we book it up ??

Where is the info to be found?

under par
15th-May-2006, 06:13 PM

Under Par = second :eek: :eek: Shocked!!!

Humble thanks to the person who voted for me:worthy:

Tiggerbabe
15th-May-2006, 06:31 PM
When can we book it up ??

Where is the info to be found?
Booking isn't quite open yet Mr U.P.

Franck only broke the news this weekend at the BFG :D

Craig Tara is a Haven Holiday Park and you'll be especially pleased to hear it has its own 9 hole golf course. It's very close to Glasgow Prestwick Airport, which has many cheap flights available, and we're running a Ceroc shuttle service to pick people up and take them back to the airport :clap:

under par
15th-May-2006, 06:35 PM

Craig Tara is a Haven Holiday Park and you'll be especially pleased to hear it has its own 9 hole golf course. It's very close to Glasgow Prestwick Airport, which has many cheap flights available, and we're running a Ceroc shuttle service to pick people up and take them back to the airport :clap:
Great ... Ive started a thread for it elsewhere so as not to demean the BFG thread.:blush: :blush:

Minnie M
15th-May-2006, 07:23 PM

:yeah: :clap: :yeah:
fantaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaastic :clap: :clap: :clap:
The Party Weekender is a Haven site and the accomodation is the best of all the Holiday Parks /camps etc :clap:

ducasi
15th-May-2006, 07:37 PM
Best Thread: Truth or Dare - Tessalicious, 2nd place: Singleton's Sofa - Purple Sparkler Wow, third place! :grin: Thanks to all who voted for me. :flower:

Glad also to see the folks I voted for doing well...

And great news about BLAZE - Scotland's Ceroc Weekender, Craig Tara, Ayr - 11-14th May 2007, get that date in your diaries now :clap: 361 days to go!!!!

Tazmanian Devil
15th-May-2006, 08:48 PM
Best Thread: Truth or Dare - Tessalicious, 2nd place: Singleton's Sofa - Purple Sparkler
Well Done to you all :clap: :clap: :worthy:

foxylady
15th-May-2006, 09:36 PM
In order to explain to someone why exactly I had had such a wonderful time at the weekend, I said it was like playing a round at St Andrews when ones normal fayre was the local municipal course.....

What a FAB weekend !!!!!!!!!!!

The highlight for me was the tea dance on Sunday afternoon... Tiggerbabe played an absolutely stonking set, and although some of the men that I normally desire were missing, the music made every dance a special one...:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

McJester you are my hero !! a man who ventures out at 2am to find me chips will always win my heart... :love:

Lovely to have long chats with Caro, and Jacksondonut... and wonderful hugs, not to mention a verging on orgasmic foot massage, with Aleks...

All the wonderful dances I had - if I named names I'd sound like an oscar awards speech - but WOW !!

The aussie crowd with Glasgow Bob who ensured I got far too drunk on saturday afternoon :respect:

and CJ for sharing his haggis with me :hug:

finally Sparkles for being the best roommate ever .... :kiss:

Lory
15th-May-2006, 10:34 PM
361 days to go!!!!
:rofl: :rofl:

drathzel
15th-May-2006, 10:40 PM
3rd place :blush:

Lucy Locket
16th-May-2006, 12:26 PM
What a fabulous weekend. Where shall i start..........

Franck & Tiggerbabe, thank you so much for inviting us. We had a lovely time. :clap: Everyone is so friendly and we had some lovely helpers, Ceroc Jock, McJester and Gadget, thank you guys.:flower:

Great DJ's (nice to see the ladies djing too, great sets girls) and brilliant music for everyone. :respect:

Met lots and lots of forumites, nice to put faces to names. Hopefully see you all again soon somewhere.:nice: Nice haircut by the way Sheepman!!!

Men in kilts:drool: does it for me everytime:wink: Franck where did you hide your kilt:innocent:

Had some beautiful dances, Tramp (one dance all weekend :whistle: but it was worth the wait!!!), Gadget's unique style, Azande, Franck, Ceroc Jock and of course the lovely McJester. My introduction to BFG Friday night was McJester in kilt dancing with another man. It's obviously the done thing coz Franck & Tramp had a lovely dance together too:wink: Why do i never have my camera when there are good photos to be taken:(

An absolutely fabulous weekend.:love:

Princess Fi
16th-May-2006, 12:49 PM
Why do i never have my camera when there are good photos to be taken:(

And speaking of good photos, does anyone have any to share? :flower:

Lucy Locket
16th-May-2006, 04:49 PM
good photos, does anyone have any :flower:

what about bad ones........:rofl: :rofl:

Gordon J Pownall
16th-May-2006, 05:27 PM
My introduction to BFG Friday night was McJester in kilt dancing with another man. It's obviously the done thing coz Franck & Tramp had a lovely dance together too:wink:

Sal was most put out when we arrived on Friday - my first dance was with Trampy within five minutes of being through the door... Should my first dance have been with her...?

Ooops...:blush:

Freya
Wow!!!! What a fantastic way to spend a Sunday!!!!

Well we made it down from Aberdeen for the Sunday. Unfortunately one hour sleep and leaving at 6.30am made it a very long day but I made it to the end!!!!

It was an enjoyable journey down. Thanx to AussieTim and Elisha for at least one of them staying awake and keeping me company while I drove and singing at the tops of our voices. We found PretzelMeister's with no trouble thanx Hun for letting us invade your Flat! :hug: He made us a very impromptu breakfast before whisking Tim and Elisha off to the GUU so I could get some sleep! Unfortunately too much coffee and sugar meant I was as high as a kite!

The tea dance was awesome! Tiggerbabe what a fantastic set! An eclectic mix! And for letting CJ put on Ich Will be Rammestine one of my favorite dances of the afternoon with Gadget! We had a bit of Moshing, Ceilidh, and general jumping about! Talk about taking up the dance floor!!!!

And what a civilised way to spend an afternoon - Tea and cakes (Thanx Tiggerbabe for our breakfast on the Monday :wink: )

The evening farewell party was Fantastic. The atmosphere was fabulous but with enough space to have fun on the dance floor! What a wonderful collection of music Ta CJ and DanceDemon. Shame it ended 15mins too early! I wanted to keep going!

Thanx to some wonderful dances at both the tea dance and party from PretzelMeister, Crossa, McJester, JohnTheHappyGuy, Killingtime, Sheepman, Nightowl, Franck, Tiggerbabe, Ducasi, MrDarcy, AussieTim, Elisha, CMS, CJ, DanceDemon and countless others.

Nice to finally put some names to the faces.
Icey great meet you. Shame it was at the end of the night and we couldn't talk for longer!
Sparkles sorry I scared you!
Drathzel - The secret is coffee and sugar all natural!!!!
Tamile good to see you again (Sorry if I spelt your name wrong.)

Last thing to say is PretzelMeister Thanx for keeping me company till the small hours dancing and talking!

And speaking of good photos, does anyone have any to share?
Ok Princess Fi! I'm sure no-one'll mind me posting this one!

The site when I entered the Tea dance on Sunday!!!!! And if someone can name people in the pic for me great I know some of them!!!!

Starting at the back and working the way forward we Have PretzelMeister, Tracy F, Killingtime, ?????, Gadget, ?????, ?????, McJester and isobel!

cheeks
mm.....any photos would be good!

Note to oneself start saving, stop buying so many pairs of dance shoes :what: and invest in digital camera.....!

2nd note to oneself forget the not buying so many dance shoes but find another method to buy digital camera.....!

cheeks
16th-May-2006, 05:31 PM
Think that might be our very own Claire S behind Mc Jester :nice:

TheTramp
16th-May-2006, 05:35 PM
Starting at the back and working the way forward we Have PretzelMeister, Tracy F, Killingtime, Princess Fi, Gadget, Alice, Claire S, McJester and Isabelle!

Pleased to be of service :D

Lucy Locket
16th-May-2006, 06:15 PM
Forgot to mention Killingtime. I'm so sorry honey. He helped us lug boxes around too. Thanks babe.:hug:

jacksondonut
16th-May-2006, 06:20 PM
Starting at the back and working the way forward we Have PretzelMeister, Tracy F, Killingtime, Princess Fi, Gadget, Alice, Claire S, McJester and isobel!

Pleased to be of service :D

If you look closely, McJester is sitting on my knee.... :whistle: :whistle:

Jan
:cheers: :cheers:

Claire S
16th-May-2006, 07:27 PM
Think that might be our very own Claire S behind Mc Jester :nice:

Starting at the back and working the way forward we Have PretzelMeister, Tracy F, Killingtime, Princess Fi, Gadget, Alice, Claire S, McJester and Isabelle!

Pleased to be of service
Not guilty!

Tiggerbabe
16th-May-2006, 09:39 PM
What a weekend!
Friday night was fantastic meeting all our visitors and starting the weekend with some fabulous dances. Sparkles rescued me from my "oops I've forgotten to eat much today" state with some of her amazing cake at the after-party party :drool: That's dedication, bringing cake all the way to Glasgow from London :hug:

I had a blast on Saturday especially in Graham's WCS workshop and also being a man at Simon's Turbo Class - having seen the demo I never thought I'd manage it but it was great fun, all of my partners were very patient with me :D I also managed to buy a pair of trousers from the Seksi girls and eat more cake at the tea-dance (Janet from Perth made the tea-dance cakes :respect: ) A perfect day really :wink:

The Saturday night Mad Hatter's Ball was brilliant. Most people had made an effort and the array of hats on display was awesome. From Malcolm's orange net to CJs Indian headress :worthy: A special mention must go to John the Happy Guy, going for the *whole outfit* :D and to the Forum King for managing to teach a class whilst spitting out ostrich feathers from his hat :rofl:
Huge well done to the cabaret team. I thought it was awesome, you were brilliant guys :hug:

I managed to finally catch Mr Darcy for a dance on Saturday night in the blues room :drool: but missed out on so many others :tears:

Hero of Saturday night has to be McJester, who went out for chips - we'll just not mention the lack of cheese :tears:

Sunday is always my favourite, as everyone starts to chill out and dj-ing the tea dance was such a treat. I had some brilliant dances (thanks y'all) and have to say that watching you all dance to Ich Will was just amazing.

CJ and John played just the best music on Sunday night and I danced my little sox off, every single dance I had was fab! No wonder I've been exhausted for the last two days :wink:

It really has been a great BFG.
To all the teachers :respect:
To all the djs :respect:
To Fraser and Neil on the front desk :respect:
To the guys and girls who performed the routine :respect:

And a HUGE :respect: to Franck for making it all happen and for the wee announcement about Blaze :)

Freya
16th-May-2006, 09:54 PM

Jan

So basically I just missed meeting you??? :hug:

McJester
17th-May-2006, 01:31 AM

Jan

And what a nice knee it was and a very good massage:awe:

McJester

McJester
17th-May-2006, 02:09 AM
Photo's from Sunday Afternoon

Franck - Might that be an advert for Blaze in your hand

Gadget and Fiona

Pretzel and Freya

Jacksondonut and McJester

Alice and McJester

McJester
17th-May-2006, 02:18 AM
Pretzel and Tracy

Lucy Lockett and McJester

Ducasi and Jacksondonut - Ducasi what ever it is that you are doing on the dance floor keep it up have you seen the smile on her face

Alice and Ducasi

And finally a nice t shirt, just never did discover if it was apt or not

McJester

McJester
17th-May-2006, 02:45 AM
Ok going for the record of the most number of posts in a row.

Just like to say what a Brilliant time I had .... much:respect: to Franck, Tiggerbabes, the DJs, all the Teachers and crew

Thanks to Mel and Trampy for teaching us the routine for the Caberet

Thanks to everyone I had great dances with from Lucy Lockett through to Gadget

Thanks to Jacksondonut for a great massage... Franck book her for next year:flower:

Apologies to Icey, the mojo wasn't on top form on sunday night... way to tired, but just run through what we talked about and it will turn out fine

McJester you are my hero !! a man who ventures out at 2am to find me chips will always win my heart...
Your wish is my command dear lady

Wish I had used my camera more..... as there isn't much more than what is above, anyone else please post ... hinting in ducasi's direction

Mind you looking at the photos above I look rough as hell, definitely need to arrange much more sleep before the next weekender.

:love: and :hug:

McJester

Gadget
17th-May-2006, 10:06 AM
Great weekend. Thank you one and all for making it so - organisers, teachers, DJs and most of all, dancers. :worthy: I don't think I had one dance below "Excellent" (I always seemed to spoil what would have been amazing by treading on a toe, loss of balance, miss-leading, getting tangled, ...:tears::sigh: don't you hate when reality interrupts the dream?)

Friday
I really liked the music - lots of energy to start and slid into some quieter stuff in the end. Relaxed, friendly and 'familiar' atmosphere like it was your local venue and all these excellent dancers had turned up :cool:

Saturday
Trying to remember the classes I went to... I was going to go into Drathzell's, but there was an excess of men already. My views on footwork are well documented, so Franck's was out. That left me with the 'funky' one. Don't know that a high-energy workout first thing after a party is a good thing, but it did wake me up a bit. :wink:
(Hard to concentrate on what you're doing when the teacher is so… distracting :blush: )

After that, CJ's Musicality workshop (thankful for a seat). Such a vast topic, I like the approach he took – listen to predict what's going to happen.

Then on to the WCS introduction. To be honest, it seemed to me that you simply impose 6 (or 8) beat patterns onto the music with 'overly busy' feet. :shrug: I think that if you like counting to music that much, you would be better to listen to the music and count for breaks. But that's just my opinion.

I was planning to go to the styling class, but music was playing and ladies were waiting to be danced with… it still feels weird dancing to slower/relaxed music when the sun is shining :) I missed the other workshops as well because I simply lost track of time – many wonderful dances. :flower:

Party
wow.
The smiling faces, sparkling dresses, occasional bodice, slinky number, or just downright sexy dancers that filled the hall. Some very fine hats as well - Sheepy and Little monkey excelled themselves IMHO. Respect to John's top hat & tails as well - damn hot for that.
(Am I the only one in the lesson who had to prevent themselves from going "back-two-three"?)
Tramp & Mel's "feeling good" showcase was very impressive and :respect::worthy: to all involved. I heard a few "we mucked this bit or that bit up" - but you were all there together at the impact points in the music and it pulled it off beautifully :D.

I spent most of my time in the Blues room once it opened, so I think I missed lots and lots of folk I would have liked to dance with. (But did get to dance with lots and lots of folk I did like dancing with. Lots.:wink: )

Sunday
Again, I started with a high energy workshop. MelB taking over from Emma at the last minute (Hope you are better :flower: ) I think that females have an unfair advantage over men on learning footwork routines. I don't know how, and I don't know why, but it's definitely unfair. Need to try and work some stuff into my dancing (The problem with all these "funky" footwork, arm and body stylings is working out how to put them into normal dancing – without looking {even more of} a pillock.)

Went to Franck's 'connection' workshop and found it delightful to be able to lighten the lead to a whisper of movement - It was very interesting to feel the different levels and subtleties of each follower on such a fine level.

Again, I found more distractions in the tea-dance to entice me than the lure of learning footwork or shaking my ass. (Not that either of those was much of a lure to me :rolleyes: But what a joyous way to be distracted :D)
I was going to do Bill's 'slowing things down' class... but there was a shortage of ladies... and when I went down to the tea-dance and said that I was looking for some to dance slowly with, they just took me onto the floor and we had a slow dance... after a few I thought...well, he's probably half way through it now... so... :innocent: (well, perhaps that was the problem - too many ladies distracting me :blush: )

Party
Nice. :cool: I spent some time (a couple of tracks) actually sitting, relaxing and watching everyone. I wasn't knackered or uninspired, there was not a shortage of ladies, it was just nice to sit and smile for a while as if nothing existed outside of the room and the music. :waycool:

Roll on next year.

Franck
17th-May-2006, 10:17 AM
What a week-end! :yum:

I'm still recovering, as I was so tired after Sunday night, but WOW! What a buzz.

This year's BFG was even better than last year's! From the Friday night onwards, meeting new forumites and seeing old friends... Great music by Tramp and Dance Demon started us off smoothly. Then a few bottles of Champagne and some delicious cake (thank you Sparkles :hug: ) later, the Friday night was over (around 4.00am :eek: ).
Saturday morning started (a bit early :what: ) and you could feel the excitement in the air, the teacher line-up was brilliant and every one of them did me and the Forum proud. I just wish I could have gone to more classes, but had too much to do. Thanks to everyone for the great feedback!

The first tea-dance on the Saturday afternoon was excellent, and Janet's cakes were better than yummy! Janet is now "Official Ceroc Scotland Cake Baker" and will provide all the cakes for the monthly Focus tea-dances... Thank you.

Saturday night was buzzing and each room had its own character. The DJs played some of the best music I've heard anywhere and kept us all dancing 'til the end of the night. I had some of my best ever dances in the Blues Room in the last hour, truly memorable, thank you to each and everyone of my partners. :love:
The hats and costumes were spectacular and once again, I would like to thank everyone who made the effort, you looked great and really added character to the night.
The team cabaret display was really good, and I can't wait to get the DVD of the week-end to take another look. Musically inspired, with great moves and complex patterns made it both challenging and inspirational. Well done Steve and MelB, as well as all the dancers involved. :worthy:

Thanks to everyone who voted for the Forum Awards and congratulations to Tiggerbabe for being my Queen and to Tessalicious for starting the best thread this year! :clap:

The party after the party on the Saturday night was a blast as usual, and McJester truly was the hero of the night! The Champagne and laughter flowed until it was bed time.

Sunday was more subdued (lack of sleep anyone?) but Bill, Suzie and MelB soon woke everyone up with great classes. I loved teaching my Advanced Connection class and the difference in all that attended was visible by the end of workshop and was commented on later on at the tea-dance / evening, so well done and keep it up.
Sunday's tea-dance was busy, inspiring, relaxed and fun all at once, thanks to Sheena for some great tunes and to all dancers there (second batch of cakes from Janet was even better than the first :drool: ).

Sunday night closed a fantastic week-end with two really chilled sets from Ceroc Jock and Dance Demon. The survivors knew that the last night is often the best, and weren't disappointed, more of the delicious dances that make you go weak at the knees...

Finally, I would like to thank Tiggerbabe for working so hard in the last few weeks and over the week-end to make sure everything went smoothly, Fraser and Neil for holding the fort during the day & night and keeping a smile all week-end, Janet for the delicious cakes, Bill and Aleks for providing well needed massage and well being therapies, all the teachers who agreed to teach and offered original and inspirational workshops, all the DJs for top music and just the right level of variety and of course all the dancers who came to the BFG, the event wouldn't be half as good without the mix of dancers. You are the friendliest people I know and you made my week-end. :awe:

Roll on Blaze next year, for even more fun!

jacksondonut
17th-May-2006, 12:29 PM
Ok going for the record of the most number of posts in a Thanks to Jacksondonut for a great massage... Franck book her for next year:flower:

Mind you looking at the photos above I look rough as hell, definitely need to arrange much more sleep before the next weekender.

:love: and :hug:

McJester

No worries... I was having a nice time too.. may take it up full time...:D

and my pic is not too flattering either... :eek: :yeah:

Jan

LMC
17th-May-2006, 01:05 PM
What a fabulous weekend - thanks Franck & Sheena for all your hard work - you deserve to be the King & Queen.

Wonderful dancing all weekend with too many people to name 'em all (although Franck & Tango Roxanne was trully memorable :drool: :drool: :drool: - thank you :kiss: ). Caro - thanks for being a great room-mate :hug: and lovely to catch up with so many people and put faces to other forum names :nice: :flower:

Bad: the floor in the GUU is not sprung, my feet hurt :tears: - but the dancing was worth it. Having to leave before the end on Sunday to avoid traffic - but my feet wouldn't take any more anyway!

Ugly: the woman (from Perth apparently, don't know her name) who interrupted the last dance on Saturday night to threaten my lovely partner with a slap for not having danced with her that evening - from the ensuing conversation she obviously expected him to have sought her out and the remark did not come across as light-hearted. Said partner in no way deserved the implied "hotshot" accusation :mad: - and how RUDE of her -the hall lights were already on at that point, she could have waited until the end of the track :mad:

Back to the positives:

Workshops were excellent, as always - sorry I bailed on Elaine's, but my brain -> body connection had failed to the extent that I couldn't even get the turn on a grapevine step :blush: (let alone think about shakin my ass). So a wee suggestion: if teachers are able to be flexible on timing, perhaps classes with actual routines/lots of footwork should maybe be earlier in the day if possible? - leaving musicality (where we could sit down and have Milky Ways thrown at us if particularly clever, thanks CJ :D) and some of the moves classes (as bearing a closer resemblance to a 'regular' Ceroc class) to later in the day.

Best dancing was definitely on Sunday - it just all seemed to come together for me that day :drool:

The BFG is so special - please do another in 2007 as well as Blaze :flower:

killingtime
17th-May-2006, 02:22 PM
Forgot to mention Killingtime. I'm so sorry honey. He helped us lug boxes around too. Thanks babe.:hug:

That's ok :na:. Wasn't a problem and I owe you for putting up with me in that Up Close and Personal workshop down at Storm.

I had a really fab time at the BFG. Lots of really good dances and the music was wonderful. I also really enjoyed the workshops especially the "Stealing the Lead" one. It was really useful for me and taught me a good way of trying to give the woman space to play (which I'm often rubbish about knowing how long to wait and such).

I had a lot of lovely dances with people I hadn't really (or at all) danced with before the weekend and that made it all the more enjoyable.

I'll try and write this up on my blog at some stage :rolleyes: :eek:.

TheTramp
17th-May-2006, 03:30 PM
Had a great weekend. Very busy though. And very tired on Sunday night. Had to pull into a layby on the way home several times for a nap. And at the last one, pulled in right behind Sheena's car (though, didn't go and disturb her!).

Really enjoyed the dances I did manage to get. Shame that there wasn't enough. Didn't manage to get a single dance at either of the t-dances which was a real shame, as I heard that the music at both was fantastic.

Had a great time teaching and DJing. Didn't manage to make any other classes again, as was busy all day both days with the videoing. But I got to see every class while I was videoing it, and there's some great stuff out there (DVDs and CDs still on sale, including all the classes, and the awards and some freestyle on Saturday night. Oh, and a certain performance! PM me!).

Looking forward to next year in Ayr already. I think that's going to be fantastic!

jacksondonut
17th-May-2006, 06:40 PM
So basically I just missed meeting you??? :hug:

I am sure we did meet .... guess we were having so much fun on Sunday at the Massage Conga Session, you might have missed me under McJester!!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :yeah:

TheTramp
17th-May-2006, 06:58 PM
PS. Can I just say thank you to Sparkles for being such a great demo :flower: :love:

janey
17th-May-2006, 09:30 PM
Just to say how much I thoroughly enjoyed my first ever BFG. :nice:

It was wonderful to see so many Inverness folks there - it made it really special. Thanks to Gail & Alison for keeping me company, reading the map & putting up with my driving :D

I met so many lovely people. Alice, Shinyweestar & Princess Fi - you are now officially honoury Invernessians. Rhythm Bandit - we have set up the most northern branch of your fan club. My dances with you were truly memorable.

The workshops were amazing, particularly Mel's. The cabaret was fantastic - wonderful choreography. Oh to be able to dance like that!!

The dancing was :drool: It was wonderful to dance with my favourites - McJester, Trampy, Gadget, Night Owl, Passion Harem, as well as people I had only read about on the forum before now. Particular mention must go to BTCBill - a revelation :love:

Huge thanks to Franck & Sheena for organising such an amazing event. :hug:

Icey
17th-May-2006, 09:47 PM
Well, I had a blinding weekend and this BFG was even better than the last one :nice:

The one class that I desperately wanted to do has ignited a WCS passion that Mr Darcy can only roll his eyes and say "Yes dear" to. The tea dances were outstanding fun and the evening parties were simply the best.

It was lovely to see everyone again that I had met last year and in January and I can honestly say I didn't have a bad dance the whole weekend, I enjoyed each and every one.

JacksonDonut - Thanks for the lunchtime threesome and I shall never again be able to say that I've lost my contact lens without thinking of you :wink:

Ickle Chick'n
17th-May-2006, 10:06 PM
I'm still coming down from the weekend as I had so much fun, thanks to Frank and Sheena and everybody who organised and made it such a wicked weekend! :cheers:

As with any weekender there were still guys I never got around to asking for a dance (Killingtime for one), not helped by being shy. :blush: Hoping to catch a few, and a few I did dance with but not enough, at Southport!:clap:
Thanks to all the lovely guys for my lovely dances, I was very nervous not knowing many of you but you were all lovely and everyone at BFG was so friendly, great atmosphere!

Thanks to all the girlies too who put up with my basic leading skills in the hi-jacking class, I really enjiyed it, interesting to see it from a blokeys point of view. Really enjoyed Franks classes and Simon's too, very inspiring, and the others I did were brill as well, still all excited!:worthy:

Not flying FlyB next time as I missed far too much freestyling the first night! But well worth the trip up, thanks all for a lovely weekend and it was lovely putting yet more face with more names I'm bound to forget, as well as seeing those slightly familiar ones!

sigh.....it's all over....:sad:

Roll on next BFG!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:
p.s. Jammy, you owe me more dances!:D

Vicky
18th-May-2006, 07:29 AM
I Would like to thank Mel B for her 2 fantastic routines that she made for us! as they were fantastic to learn and they are so fun to do!! i hope there will be plenty more of your classes!! i think i will have to come to perth so i can do more!!:worthy:
Also a big thanks to all my dances i had over the weekend they were all Fab!!

also a big thanks to mel trampy and there team for giving a fantastic cabret routine! :respect:

Hope to see you all @the beach Ballroom

Love Vicky :hug:

FXS N.Q
18th-May-2006, 11:52 AM
What a great time I had at the B.F.G. I didn't go to as many classes as I should have. I have only got myself to blame. Especially when I disappeared to the pub to watch the first half of the Scottish and English cup games, with Dave.

Highlights included dancing with lots of lovely people that I have and haven’t danced with before. Then doing the Michael Buble routine on the Saturday night, which I couldn’t stop shaking and haven’t been as nervous as that before in my life. Big thanks for Mel and Steve teaching us the routine, Steve also for convincing me to do it. Also thanks for my lovely dance partner Lynsey whom I only knew for roughly 3 weeks before and had a great laugh with when learning the routine.

On the Sunday night I had an excuse to talk to even more strangers as Jammy wasn’t there I had to say his goodbyes to people and got to dance with people that I hadn’t danced with before (Sparkles and Foxy Lady) and glad I got the chance.

jacksondonut
18th-May-2006, 04:55 PM
: JacksonDonut - Thanks for the lunchtime threesome and I shall never again be able to say that I've lost my contact lens without thinking of you :wink:

You and your man were terrific company...:yeah: do it again anytime with you:flower: :flower:

mmmm.... spent a lot of time on the floor... still couldnt find a single one..:innocent: :innocent: I wonder why... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Maybe being distracted by those lovely kilts was the reason why... :whistle: :innocent:

Alice
18th-May-2006, 07:18 PM
What a weekend!! I had a blast, and was so glad to have the chance to go!! It was great to meet so many fabulous dancers from all over the UK, particularly those whose names I had seen on the forum a lot (that's when I worked out their forum names- didn't always happen).

Unfortunately I missed the Friday and Sunday dance parties, but I really enjoyed the Saturday night one, and the tea dances on both days. Like Gadget, I got distracted by all the lovely people to dance with on Sunday afternoon and didn't make it to the slow it down workshop as planned... :innocent:

Of course, the massage lineup may have had something to do with that too:whistle: Mmmm..... ;)

Highlights of the weekend were Simon's Turbo Jive workshop, Franck's connection workshop, Trampy's dips and drops, double trouble and the WCS one. Franck's in particular gave me a lot of food for thought and hopefully will allow me to continue to work on connecting in different ways:)

Oh, and I loved the team cabaret- very smooth:worthy:

Had some beautiful dancers- mention must go to Ducasi (also for putting up with me in the drops workshop!!) Trampy, Killingtime, Ceroc Jock, Azande, Gadget, Night Owl, Franck, Tiggerbabe, Sheepman and a host of others I can't even begin to remember. And lots of people I didn't get to dance with but watched from the sidelines:)

And thanks to Shinyweestar and Gail for being fabulous roommates:)

Looking forward to getting the DVD and checking out the workshops I didn't make it to! :clap: :clap:

TheTramp
18th-May-2006, 11:52 PM
Had some beautiful dancers- Trampy

I think you need to change your specs!! :D

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
19th-May-2006, 02:25 PM
A big huge thank you to everyone who danced with me on the saturday night, it was fab, so great to see so many familiar faces! I especially liked my dance with LMC, never hijacked b4 :yum: I hope I can make the whole week-end next time :(
Thanks to Franck and all of the great DJ's, you were all ace :D

Luv,
ash xxx :love:

Alice
19th-May-2006, 07:11 PM
I think you need to change your specs!! :D
Well maybe my contact lenses were playing up.....:whistle: :whistle:

ShinyWeeStar
19th-May-2006, 08:51 PM
Last weekend's BFG was my first proper weekender and wow! What a weekend! :D I had a great time, from the party on Friday night right up to my last dance on Sunday afternoon. Like LMC, Sunday was my best day, with the double trouble and latin jive workshops (I'm still thinking about it! :wink: ) followed by the tea dance with so many lovely dancers... not to mention the massage and the cake. :drool:

A BIG thank you to Franck and Sheena for all your hard work putting the weekend together and making it all possible - and congratulations on officially becoming the Forum King and Queen. :respect: :worthy:

Thanks too to everyone else who contributed, from the teachers and dj's to the guys on the door, and of course all the wonderful dancers/forumites I met/danced with. I'm honoured to officially be an honorary Invernessian - you guys are fantastic, so enthusiastic and friendly. :hug: Thanks for your company and hope to see you soon - the beginning of July perhaps? :wink: Finally, last but certainly not least, thank you Alice and Gail for putting up with me for the weekend. It was a pleasure sharing with you. :hug:

The BFG is so special - please do another in 2007 as well as Blaze :flower:
:yeah: Pretty please! :flower:

DJRhythmbandit
20th-May-2006, 01:22 AM
Crash! Bang!! Wallopp!
Why would anyone travel 360 miles north to cause mayhem on the dancefloor and the decks for the weekend?
Well...why not?:rolleyes:
To think the whole adventure started from a casual conversation down at Storm in Camber Sands (remember the conversation, Franck?):whistle:
Thanks to all you lovely people who made my nth Scottish visitation the most enjoyble yet.
BFG was great - loved the dancing, loved the workshops I did (all two of them - as Clint says: "man's got to know his limitations") - and of course, loved the people.
Shame that you all have to live the other side of "The Wall".:tears:
And a special "hello" goes out to Gail and Janey from Inverness - you ladies were absolute heroines!!!:flower: :flower: Great to meet you and I feel totally honoured to have you representing the northernmost extreme of the fan club... Looking forward to heading out there to thank you for the support...:clap:
Some of the more savvy among you will realise that it was my second invasion of Scotland within a year... Should I invest in a holiday home up there???
Alas, I am back in the Babylon of Buckinghamshire. Back to my usual DJ-ing role with my loyal and supportive entourage on the home front. I Love my regular punters to bits but....somehow it was not quite the same....:(
Anyway, hopefully now I'll be more communicado via the Forum, as I get to grips with this technology thang.
Looking forward for the next excuse for a raid.
PS. tell Hadrian not to bother fixing the hole in the wall...I will be back:wink:
Love and hugz
DJrhythmbandit:respect:

Lucy Locket
23rd-May-2006, 04:16 PM
PS. tell Hadrian not to bother fixing the hole in the wall...I will be back:wink:
Love and hugz
DJrhythmbandit:respect:

It was filled the minute you left, can't think why, they were muttering something like 'fill it quick in case he comes back':whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

:rofl: love you really:rofl:

jacksondonut
24th-May-2006, 01:52 PM
Hey everyone..

anybody got any more photos to post..?? would be great to see some more while i am convalescing...:flower: :flower:

luv Jan:cheers:

killingtime
24th-May-2006, 02:02 PM
anybody got any more photos to post..?? would be great to see some more while i am convalescing...:flower: :flower:

I think Ducasi still has some to post :whistle:.

Aleks
24th-May-2006, 02:05 PM
Chicklet has some too.

killingtime
24th-May-2006, 02:11 PM
Chicklet has some too.

She blackmailing you with them too?

ducasi
24th-May-2006, 02:43 PM
I think Ducasi still has some to post :whistle:.
Yep... I'm juggling computers at the moment though, and the pics are on the *other* one... Hope to sort this out soon...

Can anyone recommend a good firewire enclosure for a SATA drive?

jacksondonut
24th-May-2006, 03:07 PM
oohhh goody am waiting in anticipation...:clap: :clap:

Jan

Little Monkey
24th-May-2006, 06:12 PM
Ok, just a few photos.... No time for a proper post!

Sheepy in his absolutely fab hat!

CJ in his indian head-dress.

JohnTheHappyGuy......... Wow!

Franck and Sheena during Saturday's fun 'Scottish' style class.

Gadget.....! :D

Piglet
24th-May-2006, 06:35 PM
Thanks for those brill photos LM!

I can only see the last 3 though - is it just me?

Freya
25th-May-2006, 09:04 AM
Thanks for those brill photos LM!

I can only see the last 3 though - is it just me?
:yeah: I can only see the last 3 too!

Little Monkey
25th-May-2006, 11:23 AM
Oops! What happened there, then? Well, here's the two first ones:

Freya
25th-May-2006, 11:40 AM
Wow Doesn't sheepy look fab! These are the first pics of hats I've seen! Would like to see more!

LM heard your hat was fantastic too???

CJ
25th-May-2006, 03:38 PM
Am sorry it has taken so long for me to reply to this thread.

BFG was emotional for me this year, so has taken a while for me to come down..

Professional highlights were:
1) my musicality workshop.
It seemed to really work and has been well spoken of. It has highlighted the need for this to be further developed and I am looking for opportunities to do this more often. (anyone with any marketing ideas, PM me!!:whistle: )
2) my set on Sunday.
Was a complete delight to play to that audience. A weekender brings together dancers: of all standards, but each one a dancer, each one with passion, with hunger to learn and a love of MJ, and music.
The Sun eve is more chilled than normal which allows me, as DJ, to be more experimental than usual and less "party-dynamic" driven.

WOW.:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I really loved playing to such a receptive group of dancers, and having the opportunity to give more opportunity for people to express themselves.

Dancing highlights??
Quick foray into blues room, with Sheepy on decks.
A couple of very intense non-tangos to tango tunes with our very own Foxy. (I remember someone asking me to dance the next tune: I said yes, but was a struggle as my legs were still trembling after FL's dance!!)
Alice won my heart: amazing dancer.
Very hot :devil: dance with Sparkles.
A "Rock Me" to end all Rock Me's with Sally, from Gla.
Tramp's flash drops workshop.
checkmate
Meeting Jacksondonut, Lucy Locket and others for first time.:waycool:
Loads more that I don't have time to post: but was truly fab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll on next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yeah:

(after Blaze, obviously!!!)

jacksondonut
25th-May-2006, 03:52 PM
[/QUOTE]
checkmate
Meeting Jacksondonut, Lucy Locket and others for first time.:waycool:
Loads more that I don't have time to post: but was truly fab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll on next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yeah:

(after Blaze, obviously!!!)[/QUOTE]

YEAH..... Was an absolute pleasure to meet you too... :flower: :flower: shame i lost so many contact lenses...:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

GROUP HUGS FOR ALL...:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

cheeks
27th-May-2006, 11:21 AM
Yep... I'm juggling computers at the moment .........

Hey babes just wondered if have you finished the juggling of those computers yet:really:
to post some pics or are your hands to sore ........

I've heard of juggling skittles and oranges etc but computers wow...........:rofl:

{oops sorry easy amused:blush: }

ducasi
29th-May-2006, 11:45 PM
Hey babes just wondered if have you finished the juggling of those computers yet :really:
to post some pics or are your hands to sore ........ Not yet, sorry!

But I have got round to finishing off my blog post about the BFG! :D

(If you've already seen it, I've also edited it slightly since I first posted it – sorry.)

Anyway, I'm going to re-post the first part of it here (just so I don't get accused of any more shameless plugs!)

I had brilliant BFG. Best Ever! (out of two!)

I think the biggest difference was I wasn't ill this time, so I had a much more enjoyable time. But also this time everything was more familiar and I was more relaxed – I wasn't meeting so many new people this time, for instance.

I got the feeling that there were fewer folks there for the workshops and the Saturday party than last year, but that may simply be a side-effect of me feeling more relaxed... That said, it was good to see some familiar faces from down south (and over the sea) that I hadn't seen for a while. But the main thing was that there were just so many great dancers there from all over.

A weekend entirely in the company of fellow dancers, spending every moment thinking, talking, learning or just simply taking part in dancing – this must be one of the best ways possible of spending 60 hours...

Highlights for me were the "Feeling Good" performance; seeing all the hats – and dancing in mine; some really great dances with too many folks to list; dancing in the latin room; the WCS, dips, and connection workshops; and the company of friends through the weekend.

Low-lights – only two ... having to miss the class and awards ceremony on the Saturday night as we were getting ready for our performance; and missing out of dancing with so many folks – too many great dancers I missed dancing with!

Before I go into more detail (and people stop reading) I want to thank simply everybody...

Big thanks to all my friends (old and new) who made it so much fun, to everyone I danced with (and those I missed – sorry,) and just to everyone who gave the whole place a great atmosphere.

Special thanks to my Feeling Good partner (I can't thank you enough) and to my guest for the weekend who kept me company and made me a lovely meal on Sunday too – you'll always be welcome. It was a real pleasure.

Extra big thanks to Franck and Sheena, their helpers and the teachers and DJs for giving us a great weekend.

You can read the rest on my blog – link below, or here's a direct link to the BFG article (http://ducasi.org/blog/2006/05/28/bfg-may-2006/).

Cheers! :waycool:

Tiggerbabe
30th-May-2006, 12:10 AM
'Fraid it still won't let me post a comment, Duncan :(

so here it is

"Is it working tonight?

Thanks for taking the trouble to write everything down, Duncan :hug: It was my best ever BFG too, and not only because I was more involved than before in the preparation of it, which although it was hard work, was great fun, who'd have my job eh? (and no-one get any ideas, I'm keeping it ) It makes my weekend to see so many people walking, dancing and chatting with huge smiles on their faces.
All of the teachers, their demos, the djs, the venue managers and all the people who help, by carrying stuff from here to there etc., deserve a mention as their hard work and enthusiasm make the weekend - but everyone who came along on the Saturday night deserves a mention too - great atmosphere and fab dancing!
For me the Sunday night is always the most relaxed and this was no different - it was a fab night and great to share with so many good friends.

The cabaret was brilliant - well done to you all! I can't wait to see it on the DVD."

ducasi
30th-May-2006, 08:13 AM
'Fraid it still won't let me post a comment, Duncan Funny, cos it didn't have any problem when I posted the comment... :confused:

Thanks for your comments anyway. I think you all did a brilliant job. :clap:

ducasi
21st-June-2006, 02:34 PM
Hey babes just wondered if have you finished the juggling of those computers yet:really:
to post some pics or are your hands to sore ........
Finally!!!!

Find cool (or otherwise) pics here (http://ducasi.org/photos/)...

Leave a comment or rate them, but let me know what you think! :flower:

killingtime
21st-June-2006, 03:29 PM

I would worry that I appear in such a large percentage of them but Princess Fi appears in more :D. I like the one where you set a half second shutter speed so it looks very fluid (think it is PretzelMeister that's dancing with Princess Fi).

There are a couple of me and Fi that look good as well. A little grainy and such but that's a common issue with low lighting. I'd like to use one or two of them in my May in Review if I may.

Princess Fi
21st-June-2006, 03:57 PM
I would worry that I appear in such a large percentage of them but Princess Fi appears in more :D.

Yet despite me appearing in all bar two photos, I manage to look drunk in almost every one!

I like the one where you set a half second shutter speed so it looks very fluid (think it is PretzelMeister that's dancing with Princess Fi).

I love the way that everything in that photo is blurred - except for my t-shirt. (like it was the only thing that wasn't moving)

Cheers for the pics D! :hug: :flower:

jacksondonut
21st-June-2006, 03:59 PM
Finally!!!!

Find cool (or otherwise) pics here (http://ducasi.org/photos/)...

What a lovely reminder of a smashing weekend :flower: :yeah:

thanks for posting them.. am looking forward to seeing you all again.

Jan :flower:

ducasi
21st-June-2006, 04:16 PM
I would worry that I appear in such a large percentage of them but Princess Fi appears in more . I like the one where you set a half second shutter speed so it looks very fluid (think it is PretzelMeister that's dancing with Princess Fi).I like to take pictures of the cool kids... :waycool:

I like way you imply the long exposure effect was deliberate... I was just trying to see what would happen without the flash... :blush:

Got lots of similar blurry pics from Musselburgh last year. :sad:

Well spotted though – the red blur was PM. :nice:

I love the way that everything in that photo is blurred - except for my t-shirt. (like it was the only thing that wasn't moving) Maybe that's because that's what I had my eyes on over the half second exposure... :really:

There are a couple of me and Fi that look good as well. A little grainy and such but that's a common issue with low lighting. I'd like to use one or two of them in my May in Review if I may. Of course you may. :flower:

Do you think we'll get April in review too? :wink:

The graininess of the other photos is as a result of me brightening dark photos because the subjects were too far away from the flash – the flash isn't a strong point of my fancy wee camera.

Yet despite me appearing in all bar two photos, I manage to look drunk in almost every one! I thought you just looked your normal self... :yum:

(And you should see the one of you I took out. :eek:)

killingtime
21st-June-2006, 04:25 PM
Well spotted though – the red blur was PM. :nice:

Yeah it had his style to it :D.

Do you think we'll get April in review too? :wink:

It's being written. Really... slowly.

(And you should see the one of you I took out. :eek:)

Oh come on... now we all want to see it :na:.

Rhythm King
21st-June-2006, 05:01 PM
I love the way that everything in that photo is blurred - except for my t-shirt. (like it was the only thing that wasn't moving)

Why are you suggesting that in fact, the opposite was the case? (all that bouncing apparently :whistle: )

killingtime
21st-June-2006, 05:21 PM
Why are you suggesting that in fact, the opposite was the case? (all that bouncing apparently :whistle: )

Maybe ducasi bounced the camera in perfect time to them :whistle:.

Freya
21st-June-2006, 06:22 PM
Great Pics Ducasi!

Is the one of KT hiding his partner me????

Princess Fi
21st-June-2006, 06:27 PM
Oh come on... now we all want to see it :na:.

:what:

Ducasi did I mention how much I really respect and admire you?

(well I nearly managed to pull of that statement with a straight face ; ) )

ShinyWeeStar
21st-June-2006, 07:54 PM
Finally!!!!
Ah, that reminds me...! Here are some pics I took at the BFG, mostly at the Sunday tea dance.

1) Alice & Ducasi
2) Alice & Johnthehappyguy
3) Double trouble with Killingtime
4) Double trouble with McJester, Mr Darcy & Icey
5) Double trouble with McJester, Mr Darcy & Icey (x2)

ShinyWeeStar
21st-June-2006, 07:59 PM
And a few more...

1) Killingtime and LMC
2) Massage Conga
3) Massage Conga (x2)
4) Mr Darcy & Icey
5) Sunday Tea Dance floor shot

ducasi
21st-June-2006, 08:02 PM
Ducasi did I mention how much I really respect and admire you?Never mind that – you'd kill me if I showed this picture to anyone and I don't want to die!

Maybe I should take the risk and post it anyway... :devil:

Sparkles
21st-June-2006, 08:32 PM
Never mind that – you'd kill me if I showed this picture to anyone and I don't want to die!

I'll protect you!

post away :devil:

Princess Fi
22nd-June-2006, 09:12 AM
Never mind that – you'd kill me if I showed this picture to anyone and I don't want to die!

I wouldn't kill you - I'd just tickle you mercillessly

(Muwahahahhahahahah!!!! :devil: )

ducasi
22nd-June-2006, 09:17 AM
I wouldn't kill you - I'd just tickle you mercillessly

(Muwahahahhahahahah!!!! :devil: )
Sorry Sparkles – it's not worth the risk! :eek:

killingtime
22nd-June-2006, 11:56 AM
Ah, that reminds me...! Here are some pics I took at the BFG, mostly at the Sunday tea dance.

3) Double trouble with Killingtime

Maybe I should wear longer T-shirts :eek: or get better abs :devil:. Despite my belly I quite like the photo. Thanks :D.

Icey
22nd-June-2006, 01:10 PM
Fab photos! :D Especially the DT one with McJester - what a mess that dance was :rofl: