PDA

View Full Version : The ESDS Spring Fling, March 7th-9th

SwingSwingSwing
31st-January-2003, 11:48 AM
If you're interested in learning some Lindy Hop, Boogie Woogie and Balboa from some of the best teachers in the world then check out the .....

The ESDS Spring Fling
March 7th-9th, 2003

Teachers

Rob and Diane van Haaren from San Francisco return for their second visit to Edinburgh.
Frida and Zakarias from The Rhythm Hotshots (Sweden) make their first appearance in the UK (Pete Loggins described Frida as one of the best follows in the world!)
Angela 'Cookie' Andrew - Angela seems to have boundless energy. Her classes are fun, fun, fun

You'll get classes in Lindy Hop, Boogie Woogie and Balboa - over 9 hours of high-quality teaching!
You'll have two party dance nights to enjoy!
You'll also be able to enjoy music of the best Basie-style big band in the UK today - the Borders Big Band!

Dance Nights
Friday - DJs - The Legendary FatBoySwing, Ragg Mopp and others
Saturday - We have the Borders Big Band!. They're Big (18-piece) and they're from the Borders!

Venue
Marco's, 55 Grove Street, Edinburgh

Costs
The Full Package is £50 if you book before 10th February, £55 pounds thereafter.
Single Day (which includes both dance nights) £35.
You can also get tickets for any of the dance nights.

For full details see, http://www.hopscotch-swing.co.uk/SpringFling2.html

SwingSwingSwing

PS Get you booking in quick. Places are filling up fast. We've had bookings from dancers all over the UK.

Dance Demon
31st-January-2003, 03:39 PM
Hey SSS

My good lady an' me will be there. I've been asked to do a spot of DJing too so looking forward to giving the old knees a rest at some point in the night. I like the Idea of several DJs as everyone plays a slightly different style of swing. Should be a good bash

DD:cheers: :devil:

SwingSwingSwing
5th-February-2003, 08:19 PM
SwingSwingSwing carefuls comes out from behind wall...
....checks to see if the "Ad Wars" are still raging....
...and says...

Don't forget that the early registration discount for the ESDS Spring Fling ends on February 10th. Get your bookings in before then and save some money.

Cheers

SwingSwingSwing (running for cover......)

:grin:

Franck
5th-February-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by SwingSwingSwing
SwingSwingSwing carefuls comes out from behind wall...
....checks to see if the "Ad Wars" are still raging....
...and says...

/snip/

SwingSwingSwing (running for cover......)

:grin: Too late Swing^3, I shot you with my Ceroc Tattoo Gun... :D You're branded for life now :wink:

Franck (resuming patrol, whistling tune from the Cheeky girls song)

SwingSwingSwing
5th-February-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Franck
Too late Swing^3, I shot you with my Ceroc Tattoo Gun... :D You're branded for life now :wink:

Or so you thought mwhahahahaha!
SwingSwingSwing pulls out his bottle of Ceroc antidote concealed deep within the pockets of his baggy trousers. A few drops and he's as right as rain. :D

He retreats to his lair, working out a particularily vicious Charleston combination that he'll use should their paths cross again. (Which may well be at the Glasgow party)

SwingSwingSwing

SwingSwingSwing
17th-February-2003, 10:00 AM
There's less than 3 weeks to go until the Spring Fling!

A bunch of us made the trek to Peebles on Saturday to catch the Borders Big Band (who are playing in the Spring Fling). All I can say is "Wow". (hmm, there's not an appopriate smiley to describe this so I'll just use :D )Their sound is fantastic.

If you've never danced to the sound of a BIG big band then March 8th is your chance.

SwingSwingSwing

SwingSwingSwing
23rd-February-2003, 04:58 PM
*bump*

Just under two weeks to go until the Spring Fling!

SwingSwingSwing

SwingSwingSwing
1st-March-2003, 06:48 PM
Not that anyone's going to see this as everybody seems to be at Blackpool but there is only week to go until the ESDS Spring Swing Fling.

Dance night this Friday 7th March at Marco's.
Workshops all day Saturday and Sunday at Beginners, Intermediates and Advanced levels.

And the big dance on the Saturday night with Borders Big Band.

Cheers

SwingSwingSwing