PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip

TheTramp
12th-December-2005, 10:57 AM
Having a need to get away for a few days after the exams, it looks like I'm heading down south for a couple of days....

Looks like that means Wellingborough on Wednesday. St Albans on Thursday. And St Neots on Friday. Anyone around?? :flower:

Missy D
12th-December-2005, 12:25 PM
Having a need to get away for a few days after the exams, it looks like I'm heading down south for a couple of days....

Looks like that means Wellingborough on Wednesday. St Albans on Thursday. And St Neots on Friday. Anyone around?? :flower:

Cant you drive a little further down the M1 and come to Ashtons on friday? It will be fun.:hug:

LMC
12th-December-2005, 12:37 PM
Come to Stevenage on Wednesday! - Jon Brett is the regular DJ there :drool:

Plus it means I'll get to dance with you :D

Lynn
12th-December-2005, 12:50 PM
Cant you drive a little further down the M1 and come to Ashtons on friday? It will be fun.:hug:Yeah, Steve, if I can fly over from Belfast for it...

dee
12th-December-2005, 01:25 PM
Cant you drive a little further down the M1 and come to Ashtons on friday? It will be fun.:hug:

Go on Steve :flower:

dee
12th-December-2005, 01:27 PM
Yeah, Steve, if I can fly over from Belfast for it...

I never got to meet you at camber hope to see you on friday :flower:

Piglet
12th-December-2005, 01:27 PM
Good luck with your last exam today
and have a much deserved holiday trip :hug:

Lucy Locket
12th-December-2005, 01:36 PM

How about Northampton Tuesday or you not here then?
:flower:

Piglet
12th-December-2005, 01:42 PM
Nope sorry you can't have him on Tuesday :hug:
but come up and join us in Aberdeen

Lynn
12th-December-2005, 01:44 PM
I never got to meet you at camber hope to see you on friday :flower:I know! WB can introduce us.:flower:

Icey
12th-December-2005, 01:46 PM
:yeah: Come on, please!

Dizzy
12th-December-2005, 03:53 PM

:yeah: :yeah: :clap: :clap: :flower: :clap: :hug:

TheTramp
12th-December-2005, 06:03 PM
Sorry. I think that it's got to be St Neots. Ashtons would be another couple of hours driving in each direction, and I'll be driving back to Scotland afterwards. So I think that I'll need to keep the driving to a minumum....

Why don't you all come to St Neots though. I'm sure that'd scare them there!! :innocent:

Andy McGregor
12th-December-2005, 07:55 PM
Sorry. I think that it's got to be St Neots. Ashtons would be another couple of hours driving in each direction, and I'll be driving back to Scotland afterwards. So I think that I'll need to keep the driving to a minumum....

Why don't you all come to St Neots though. I'm sure that'd scare them there!! :innocent:Me scary?

It just happens that I will be travelling South from Chester that day. I was planning to go to Ashtons on my way home but St Neots is only 161 miles and 3hrs 17mins from Chester with a total drive time to Shoreham by Sea of 6 hours 1min and 295.5miles. The journey via Ashtons is 274.5miles and 6hours 20mins. I know the apres dance drive time is a fair bit longer but I'd only be missing sleep rather than dancing :what:

St Neots it is:clap:

Just a few questions? Who runs St Neots? Is there definitely a dance there? Will they let me in? Can I be the pretty one this time?

Cruella
12th-December-2005, 08:09 PM
Me scary?

It just happens that I will be travelling South from Chester that day. I was planning to go to Ashtons on my way home but St Neots is only 161 miles and 3hrs 17mins from Chester with a total drive time to Shoreham by Sea of 6 hours 1min and 295.5miles. The journey via Ashtons is 274.5miles and 6hours 20mins. I know the apres dance drive time is a fair bit longer but I'd only be missing sleep rather than dancing :what:

Just a few questions? Who runs St Neots? Is there definitely a dance there? Will they let me in? Can I be the pretty one this time?
Trust me Andy i've been to St Neots and you will be by far the prettiest one there.:whistle:

Missy D
12th-December-2005, 09:03 PM
I never got to have you on the floor at camber! And if you come to Ashton i will bring along the baby oil :innocent: :

Gosh Steve an offer you cannot refuse eh! See you friday:clap:

Andy McGregor
12th-December-2005, 09:11 PM
Trust me Andy i've been to St Neots and you will be by far the prettiest one there.:whistle:But the last time Steve and I did a road trip he was the 'pretty one' - although I was quite drunk and he did keep talking about 'my precious' :confused:

And, I will bring baby oil :devil:

jacksondonut
12th-December-2005, 09:15 PM
Just a few questions? Who runs St Neots? Is there definitely a dance there? Will they let me in? Can I be the pretty one this time?[/QUOTE]

Hi there, St Neots is usually a very popular freestyle evening, and guaranteed to be quite busy. A lot of the Bedford people go over there and we usually have lots of laughs, not necessarily dancing all night, but the atmosphere is rather fun and the people are friendly, if the dancefloor is very crowded. Been going there for a few years, just for the freestyle evenings, and Michaela usually teaches the classes, with Russell. Not sure who the usual teacher is tho. (Cant be 100 per cent)

I am sure you are very pretty, and it will be nice to meet you if you do decide to journey South.:nice:

:cheers:

Andy McGregor
12th-December-2005, 09:28 PM
I am sure you are very pretty, and it will be nice to meet you if you do decide to journey South.:nice:

:cheers:Now I'm confused. I'm from the South and I'm prettier than the Tramp - where is my magic mirror?

(who is the fairest of them all?)

Minnie M
12th-December-2005, 09:34 PM
:rofl: Andy does look better in a dress (especially a pink mini) :rolleyes:
(the clue is in the name :whistle: ):rofl:

TheTramp
13th-December-2005, 12:36 AM

Great. Be nice to see you again Andy.... Been a while....

And yeah. You can be the pretty one this time...

TheTramp
13th-December-2005, 12:38 AM
A lot of the Bedford people go over there and we usually have lots of laughs

Ah. Does this mean that you'll be there on Friday too then? Look forward to meeting you.

(I'm the bald, fat, ugly one who can't dance. You'll not miss me...) :flower:

DavidY
13th-December-2005, 08:55 AM
Just a few questions? Who runs St Neots? Is there definitely a dance there? Andy,
It's Ceroc Central. (http://www.ceroccentral.com/cgi-bin/public/view.cgi?template=layouts/template.tpll&dis_pg=freestyles_list) Don't think I've ever been before, but I do know that all Ceroc Central venues are non-smoking.:clap:

Cruella
13th-December-2005, 09:03 AM
Ah. Does this mean that you'll be there on Friday too then? Look forward to meeting you.

Sorry Steve she'll be at Ashtons with the rest of us :whistle:

Minnie M
13th-December-2005, 09:10 AM
:eek: jacksondonut a female:what: do wish people would state their gender :rolleyes:

Andy McGregor
13th-December-2005, 09:33 AM
Ah. Does this mean that you'll be there on Friday too then? Look forward to meeting you.Likewise :flower:

(I'm the bald, fat, ugly one who can't dance. You'll not miss me...) :flower:And I'll be the short, pretty one*:sick:

*although you might have trouble finding me if you look for someone of that description. Try asking the short, old, balding guy with the double chins that dances with a limp :tears:

David Bailey
13th-December-2005, 09:36 AM
:eek: jacksondonut a female:what: do wish people would state their gender :rolleyes:
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Andy McGregor
13th-December-2005, 09:48 AM
:eek: jacksondonut a female:what: do wish people would state their gender :rolleyes:Maybe Franck could arrange to have their names in different colours based on their sexuality - make mine tartan.

jacksondonut
13th-December-2005, 10:13 AM
Now I'm confused. I'm from the South and I'm prettier than the Tramp - where is my magic mirror?

(who is the fairest of them all?)

oops, sorry.. :blush: put it down to suffering from a rotten cold, old age, and a distinct lack of knowledge in geography..... hopefully will recover by Friday... :clap: maybe then my sanity will have returned......

jacksondonut
13th-December-2005, 10:21 AM

Hoping to recover to be out on Friday (stinking cold, dammit), have a heavy week, with parties and the such like, but i am sure we have already met, just cant remember... camber/southport.... anyway be nice to see you again!! :cheers:

I have lots of hair (on my head), tall and have been dancing for years.. oh and im a girl too. (not blonde).. :nice: You may well miss me as i like to chat with the locals as it gets pretty hot in there.. see ya later! :wink:

jacksondonut
13th-December-2005, 10:24 AM

Hi, am a girly... but very new to all of this, so apologies if I **** up at regular intervals.. :flower: Sure will get the hang of it, sometime...... :blush:

TheTramp
13th-December-2005, 10:25 AM

Hoping to recover to be out on Friday (stinking cold, dammit), have a heavy week, with parties and the such like, but i am sure we have already met, just cant remember... camber/southport.... anyway be nice to see you again!! :cheers:
Apparently not!! :clap:

Anyhow. Haven't I managed to persuade you all to come up from Ashtons yet?? :flower:

jacksondonut
13th-December-2005, 10:29 AM

Apologies, its our home email address and i have no idea how to change the name on the forum to something more feminine... but if you look at my profile, you will see that my photo is definately one of a girly! Honest! :grin:

jacksondonut
13th-December-2005, 10:38 AM
Apparently not!! :clap:

Anyhow. Haven't I managed to persuade you all to come up from Ashtons yet?? :flower:

I think my mate Linda mentioned Ashtons, in Rugby at the freestyle saturday.... (I have never been there as yet...) i have a lot on and quite a few commitments, so a little bit of confusion there i think... St Neots is the easier one for me to go to and looks like my mate will be going to Ashtons with Cruella..? I will have to see her later and sort it out.. wish i could do both but have a lot of friends going to St Neots too... decisions, decisions... :confused: HELP!

Andy McGregor
13th-December-2005, 10:44 AM
you will see that my photo is definately one of a girly! Honest! :grin:I have looked at the photo. You are prettier than me and the Tramp put together. I was told I could be the pretty one :tears:

From what I can see, this venue is going to be hot and full of pretty girls :clap:

I expect the reason some of the forumites are going to Ashtons is because they can't stand the competition in St Neots :whistle:

TheTramp
13th-December-2005, 10:52 AM
wish i could do both but have a lot of friends going to St Neots too... decisions, decisions... :confused: HELP!
You mean that you'd abandon Andy and me to the people of St Neots, without being there to protect us??

How mean! :whistle:

TheTramp
13th-December-2005, 02:25 PM
Ok. Slight change of plans....

Looking like it'll be Leicester tomorrow night, rather than Wellingborough.

Had the offer to demo for Little Em. How could I possibly turn that down.

(Just as long as she promises to be gentle with me!) :flower:

Andy McGregor
13th-December-2005, 03:51 PM
You mean that you'd abandon Andy and me to the people of St Neots, without being there to protect us??And we're easily scared. Especially by women, good dancers, black and white shoes, no-rows, loud music, lessons, Lycra(TM), anything that wiggles and most things that are a bit strange. And on Friday night we promise to be on our best behavior :innocent:

fletch
13th-December-2005, 04:07 PM
Hi, am a girly... but very new to all of this, so apologies if I **** up at regular intervals.. :flower: Sure will get the hang of it, sometime...... :blush:

don't get the hang of it, that's boring its more fun getting hung drawn and quartered occasionaly:rolleyes::wink:

ducasi
13th-December-2005, 04:18 PM
don't get the hang of it, that's boring its more fun getting hung drawn and quartered occasionaly:rolleyes::wink:
http://ducasi.org/images/smilies/vis.gif

Cruella
13th-December-2005, 05:41 PM
Ok. Slight change of plans....

Looking like it'll be Leicester tomorrow night, rather than Wellingborough.

Had the offer to demo for Little Em. How could I possibly turn that down.

(Just as long as she promises to be gentle with me!) :flower:
Knowing how bossy she can be. I'm sure it was more of a demand than an offer!!! Love ya really Queenie:hug:

TheTramp
13th-December-2005, 05:43 PM
Knowing how bossy she can be. I'm sure it was more of a demand than an offer!!! Love ya really Queenie:hug:
Ummm. Well.....

Of course not. She was very ladylike!!

(I've gotta say this so that she doesn't beat me tomorrow!)

jacksondonut
13th-December-2005, 05:49 PM

Yeah, i am beginning to believe you!!... thanks for the encouragement. Nice bunch of people so far... :flower: :flower:

Cruella
13th-December-2005, 05:51 PM
Ummm. Well.....

Of course not. She was very ladylike!!

(I've gotta say this so that she doesn't beat me tomorrow!)
You do know why she's called Queenie don't ya? Think Blackadder! Just watch out for your head if you don't do as your told.:rofl:

TheTramp
13th-December-2005, 05:53 PM
You do know why she's called Queenie don't ya? Think Blackadder! Just watch out for your head if you don't do as your told.:rofl:
Ah. But I always do as I'm told :D

Cruella
13th-December-2005, 06:08 PM
Ah. But I always do as I'm told :D
REALLY! I'll remember that for the next time we meet.:innocent:

TheTramp
13th-December-2005, 06:11 PM
REALLY! I'll remember that for the next time we meet.:innocent:
Tomorrow night in Leicester?? :flower:

Cruella
13th-December-2005, 06:26 PM
Tomorrow night in Leicester?? :flower:
Not making any promises but it might be possible for me to go to Fosse Park for some xmas shopping then pop in for the last hour or so of dancing. I'll see if i've enough energy after work tomorrow.:flower:

TheTramp
13th-December-2005, 06:29 PM
Not making any promises but it might be possible for me to go to Fosse Park for some xmas shopping then pop in for the last hour or so of dancing. I'll see if i've enough energy after work tomorrow.:flower:
Cool. It'd be nice to see you.

I can't believe I just said that, on a National forum though :what: :whistle:

Cruella
13th-December-2005, 06:35 PM
Cool. It'd be nice to see you.

I can't believe I just said that, on a National forum though :what: :whistle:
Me neither! But don't think i'm going to reciprocate.:na:

TheTramp
13th-December-2005, 06:37 PM
Me neither! But don't think i'm going to reciprocate.:na:

It's ok Di. I know that you love me really. Deep down inside :flower:

Cruella
13th-December-2005, 06:39 PM
It's ok Di. I know that you love me really. Deep down inside :flower:
Yeah it's just so deep, it's extremely well hidden.:D

Little Em
14th-December-2005, 11:20 AM
thank you Di!!!
the nickname Queenie seems to have stuck now!! :eek:

have no idea what your on about! :devil:

trampy... see ya tonight, and, er, urm.......... dont be late!!! :flower:

Em x:hug:

Cruella
14th-December-2005, 01:36 PM
thank you Di!!!
the nickname Queenie seems to have stuck now!! :eek:

have no idea what your on about! :devil:

Can't make it tonight, sorry Steve and Em but i'm sure you'll find some other poor soul to torment instead!:devil:

TheTramp
14th-December-2005, 04:19 PM

Will try not to be. As long as I don't get lost!!

Am I needed for beginners as well, or is it just for intermediate?

TheTramp
14th-December-2005, 04:20 PM
Can't make it tonight, sorry Steve and Em but i'm sure you'll find some other poor soul to torment instead!:devil:
Awwww. Not fair. Was so looking forward to tormenting you....

Any takers to step into the void that Cruella has left? :flower:

TheTramp
15th-December-2005, 12:24 PM
Great night at Leicester last night. Thanks to Little Em for letting me demo :flower:

Onto London today. And then it looks like St Albans tonight :D

Andy McGregor
17th-December-2005, 05:04 AM
I've just got in from a fab night in St Neots. The people were very friendly and very, very attractive. The venue was fabulous with a great floor. The DJ was adequate, playing it very safe. He did play one of my faves, Whatever Lola Wants, and I almost forgave his play-it-safe-play-pop-all-night approach - until he cut off the brilliant end of the track :mad:

The Tramp and I did a Le Mans start at around 0045. I had a short break in South Mimms Services for a large latte with an extra shot.

The Tramp will still be driving as he's going much further than me. Good luck Trampy :flower:

jacksondonut
17th-December-2005, 02:21 PM
I've just got in from a fab night in St Neots. The people were very friendly and very, very attractive. The venue was fabulous with a great floor. The DJ was adequate, playing it very safe. He did play one of my faves, Whatever Lola Wants, and I almost forgave his play-it-safe-play-pop-all-night approach - until he cut off the brilliant end of the track :mad:

The Tramp and I did a Le Mans start at around 0045. I had a short break in South Mimms Services for a large latte with an extra shot.

The Tramp will still be driving as he's going much further than me. Good luck Trampy :flower:

Lovely to meet you guys last night, and glad you got home safe, i imagine Trampy is still driving.....:eek: I eventually got my hands on the Tramp, (plucked up the courage, as your reputations go before you...) but will have to grab you another day.. twas a very busy night, very hot and steamy... steamier in some places, than others i might add.!!:yum: Thanks for chatting afterwards, that was really nice of you both..:nice:

Agree about your points on DJ Dave, but you still had a good time and that is what matters, i had lots of laughs and saw loads of mates, we enjoyed it too.. though so glad i only had to drive back to MK, that was far enough.. thanks for coming to see us!!:clap: :clap: Hope to bump into you again sometime soon!

:cheers:

robd
17th-December-2005, 03:04 PM
I had a great night at Neots too even tho' it was very crowded - uncomfortably so at times. It's the nearest freestyle to Cambridge so lots of familiar faces. The ladies had certainly made the effort with their outfits and, whilst that DJ is not a fav of mine (a bit too bang, bang, bang) I have heard him play worse (how's that for a backhanded compliment :blush: )

Jacksondonut - I danced with your friend Linda - :clap: to her, she's great - and asked if she had a friend called Jan. She said yes but said you weren't there :confused: so we still didn't get to meet. Maybe at the January one?

Very nice to meet the Tramp too - how do you do those triple spins :worthy:
Didn't envy you your drive back afterwards :sad:

Robert

TheTramp
17th-December-2005, 03:34 PM
Thanks...

Just got home now, via a 2 hour sleep in the car at Doncaster, and a 3 hour sleep just before Berwick.

It was a good few days. Had some great dances, and was nice to see some old friends again, and meet some new ones. :flower:

TheTramp
17th-December-2005, 03:35 PM
Very nice to meet the Tramp too - how do you do those triple spins :worthy:

With a stomach like mine, once you start it going, it's bloody hard to stop it!! :whistle:

Or maybe just lots of practise. Nice to meet you too :D

Andy McGregor
17th-December-2005, 03:49 PM
I had a great night at Neots too even tho' it was very crowded - uncomfortably so at times. It's the nearest freestyle to Cambridge so lots of familiar faces. The ladies had certainly made the effort with their outfits And the powerful fans created quite a few Marilyn Monroe moments with those lovely floaty skirts and dresses - I was too busy dancing but did have one lady ask me to stay away from the fans as she'd been showing a bit more leg than planned:innocent:

whilst that DJ is not a fav of mine (a bit too bang, bang, bang) I have heard him play worse (how's that for a backhanded compliment :blush: )There was nothing wrong with any of the tracks he played: I play most of them myself (faint praise indeed:innocent: . What was wrong was the tracks he didn't play. Where were the likes of Ice Cream Man, Jem, Havana, All That Jazz or any track that didn't have a boom, boom, boom, beat?

TheTramp
17th-December-2005, 04:12 PM
Indeed. It wasn't the tracks that were played. Just the lack of variety...

Contrasted with the great music and variety that JB played at St Albans on Thursday night.... :tears:

WittyBird
17th-December-2005, 05:14 PM
Contrasted with the great music and variety that JB played at St Albans on Thursday night.... :tears:

Gotta admit the music on a Thursday night @ St Albans is good. Just a shame that its not the most popular venue. :mad:

TheTramp
17th-December-2005, 06:05 PM
Gotta admit the music on a Thursday night @ St Albans is good. Just a shame that its not the most popular venue. :mad:
Why not? When I was going there 4 years ago, it was packed on a Thursday night.

What changed?

WittyBird
17th-December-2005, 06:10 PM
Why not? When I was going there 4 years ago, it was packed on a Thursday night.

What changed?

Probably the fact that I taxi there!

No idea to be honest. A lot of the time there is too many women there!
I am trying to drag people there on a Thursday as the music is good. :what:

jacksondonut
17th-December-2005, 08:04 PM
Jacksondonut - I danced with your friend Linda - :clap: to her, she's great - and asked if she had a friend called Jan. She said yes but said you weren't there :confused: so we still didn't get to meet. Maybe at the January one?
Hiya... oh yes i was, she probably meant i was outside chatting.... so sorry i missed you, but she told me she had met you and we will catch up again I hope...:clap:

Had a great time.. and will be around and about dancing, so she can point you out to me next time you are at the same venue. We are MK people so that is usually our stamping ground, but we are not afraid to try new territory now and again... especially linda.. great buddy :clap:

Have a good weekend!!:cheers: