PDA

View Full Version : Cold car

Missy D
9th-December-2005, 08:43 PM
Ok can anyone give me some advice? The heater in my car has been playing silly buggers for a week now blowing out hot and cold regardless of the setting. And today as its so cold it only blows out luke warm air or cold. My toes are freezing and the garage cannot see me til wednesay. Help!! Are there any car mechanics on the forum that might just be passing Finchley sometime over the weekend that could help liddle old me!:flower: :flower:

WittyBird
9th-December-2005, 08:52 PM
take it to the garage
buy another one
get a jumper

Missy D
9th-December-2005, 09:19 PM
take it to the garage
buy another one
get a jumper

No garage appointments til wed
No money
Hate woolies

Gadget
9th-December-2005, 10:11 PM
Find a freind heading your way and bum a lift untill Wed.

Asif
9th-December-2005, 10:25 PM
Wear thicker socks! :rolleyes:

Minnie M
9th-December-2005, 10:31 PM
Wear thicker socks! :rolleyes:
with a sexy pair of 'hot' pants :rolleyes:

It wont make you any warmer - but it will get the lorry drivers hot under the collar :whistle:

philsmove
10th-December-2005, 12:31 AM
Check the coolant level

buy a cheap flight south

Lory
10th-December-2005, 09:44 AM
Looks like Phil could have the answer, look here (http://www.allpar.com/fix/heat.html)

So, if it were me,:waycool: I'd take it up to those nice chappy's at A to Z auto's, (near Sainbury's, N. Finchley) and ask them to check the the coolant level, they usually do stuff like that free, obviously you'll have to buy the coolant from them! :D

I bought a wing mirror, which they fitted for free, plus another time I bought windscreen wipers and they fitted them for nothing too! :cheers: :clap:

El Salsero Gringo
10th-December-2005, 10:13 AM
I bought a wing mirror, which they fitted for free, plus another time I bought windscreen wipers and they fitted them for nothing too! :cheers: :clap:Yes, but Missy D's not blonde.

How about setting fire to the upholstery? That will warm you up.

WittyBird
10th-December-2005, 11:01 AM
Yes, but Missy D's not blonde.

Me thinks she is a closet blonde :eek:

El Salsero Gringo
10th-December-2005, 11:07 AM
Me thinks she is a closet blonde :eek:In that case I recommend an electric fan heater and a *very* long extension cable. She might find setting fire to the upholstery to be a bit too difficult.

WittyBird
10th-December-2005, 11:10 AM
In that case I recommend an electric fan heater and a *very* long extension cable. She might find setting fire to the upholstery to be a bit too difficult.
:yeah: :rofl: Can't type too busy LMAO :worthy:

under par
10th-December-2005, 11:44 AM
In that case I recommend an electric fan heater and a *very* long extension cable. She might find setting fire to the upholstery to be a bit too difficult.
:clap: :rofl: :rofl: quite so ESG! Looks like we are moving back to the Jokes thread though!

dee
11th-December-2005, 10:43 PM
Yes, but Missy D's not blonde.

How about setting fire to the upholstery? That will warm you up.

:rofl: :rofl:

You can always count on us forumites when in need :rofl: :rofl:

I have heard next doors three wheeler has no heater to :flower:

Missy D
18th-December-2005, 01:54 PM
Still frozen in my car! took it into a garage in North Finchley but, he couldnt fix it. Says it might be a valve but he is not sure. He is normally pretty good and has repaired all my cars for years now. Just stood outside for one and a half hours bleeding the radiator but still no heater. Its a 3 year old Fiesta! Ford wont answer there phones in the service department. Would have been quicker to have blown up the car, claimed on the insurance and bought another by now. Suppose to be driving up to snowy buxton this week but with ice on the inside of the car this isnt going to happen. Is there a plug in heater that i can use in the cigarette lighter? End of my tether here!:angry:

dee
18th-December-2005, 03:03 PM
I have offered you my 20 year old rust bucket but you said no :rofl:
Good luck with your car sis, and don't forget the offer still stands. I have a great heater if nothing else :flower: