PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Back Ceroc Forum!!!

Donna
9th-December-2005, 01:42 PM
Phew!!! Just three days...or was it four?? with no ceroc forum!!! Glad it's back to normal now anyway. Anyone else almost lost the will to live?

Lynn
9th-December-2005, 01:46 PM
It was only just over a day actually - its been accessible again since Wed afternoon, you just had to follow the link Franck gave to find it!

Gadget
9th-December-2005, 01:46 PM
No it's not: you still need to type in http://72.232.2.194/~fpauly/forum :(

{OK: copy & paste :rolleyes:}

Lynn
9th-December-2005, 01:49 PM
So it is. Well its been back like that since Wed lunchtime anyway.

Piglet
9th-December-2005, 01:50 PM
Or maybe Donna knows something that we don't cos she's just logged on??

I'm happy using Franck's link and not going to log out to find out if she's right or wrong though :D

drathzel
9th-December-2005, 01:54 PM

I'm happy using Franck's link and not going to log out to find out if she's right or wrong though :D
:yeah: i am still coming in thro the strange way!

killingtime
9th-December-2005, 02:01 PM

The most exciting thing about DNS propagation is that not everyone has the new propagated address. You might not think that is very exciting but I did say the most exciting thing about DNS propagation and that really is the most exciting thing about it.

TheTramp
9th-December-2005, 02:03 PM

Nothing new there then!! :flower:

drathzel
9th-December-2005, 02:09 PM
Nothing new there then!! :flower:

:eek: :tears: .....T'is true tho!

ducasi
9th-December-2005, 02:11 PM
The most exciting thing about DNS propagation is that not everyone has the new propagated address. You might not think that is very exciting but I did say the most exciting thing about DNS propagation and that really is the most exciting thing about it.
As I said in the other thread, we aren't waiting for DNS propagation, we're waiting for the DNS system to be updated... Then there will be the propagation delays (which, as ESG pointed out) could be reduced IF it were possible for Franck to reduce the TTLs on the old DNS info.

El Salsero Gringo
9th-December-2005, 02:11 PM
i am still coming in thro the strange way!My kind of girl.

El Salsero Gringo
9th-December-2005, 02:31 PM
As I said in the other thread, we aren't waiting for DNS propagation, we're waiting for the DNS system to be updated... Then there will be the propagation delays (which, as ESG pointed out) could be reduced IF it were possible for Franck to reduce the TTLs on the old DNS info.given that we're, what, two days on, and the root .com nameservers are still returning the old 64.119.... address with a two-day TTL, I'd say the port of the DNS hosting is rather stuck somewhere.

killingtime
9th-December-2005, 02:39 PM
Anyone altered their host file yet :whistle:?

ducasi
9th-December-2005, 02:58 PM
given that we're, what, two days on, and the root .com nameservers are still returning the old 64.119.... address with a two-day TTL, I'd say the port of the DNS hosting is rather stuck somewhere.
Indeed. Updating your name servers with your registrar shouldn't take two days and more to happen. No more than a couple of hours I'd have thought... Unless you're also moving registrar at the same time which takes about 5 days, but I don't think that's happening here, as the domain is currently locked.

I'm sure it'll all be sorted out by the beginning of next week though...

El Salsero Gringo
9th-December-2005, 03:37 PM
I'm sure it'll all be sorted out by the beginning of next week though...I admire the strength of your conviction.

Of course Franck could always arrange a redirect, or just a plain page with a link - or he could *even* put a link in the page that's already there...:whistle:

Donna
13th-December-2005, 01:11 PM
It was only just over a day actually - its been accessible again since Wed afternoon, you just had to follow the link Franck gave to find it!

Well that just goes to show just how much I missed it....felt like a life time!!! :tears:

Donna
13th-December-2005, 01:13 PM

I had to do the same thing. Copy and paste http://72.232.2.194/~fpauly/forum.

DavidY
13th-December-2005, 01:36 PM
I had to do the same thing. Copy and paste http://72.232.2.194/~fpauly/forum.Actually you probably don't need to do this /won't need to do it much longer.

The old Cerocscotland.com URL is now working again (from this PC at least).

Piglet
13th-December-2005, 01:59 PM
Yipee!! If its true...

foxylady
13th-December-2005, 02:08 PM
Actually you probably don't need to do this /won't need to do it much longer.

Still not working for me :sad: - not that the other route is a problem..

CJ
13th-December-2005, 02:11 PM
not that the other route is a problem..

Ahhhh, my kinda girl...:flower:

dee
13th-December-2005, 02:15 PM
Actually you probably don't need to do this /won't need to do it much longer.

It's now working for me to :clap:

Gadget
13th-December-2005, 02:39 PM
Working from here :clap:

David Bailey
13th-December-2005, 02:40 PM
Working from here :clap:
Not for me yet :(

Lynn
13th-December-2005, 02:45 PM
Working from here :clap::yeah:

ducasi
13th-December-2005, 03:27 PM
I think now is an appropriate time to talk about DNS propagation delays... :wink:

David Bailey
13th-December-2005, 03:30 PM
I think now is an appropriate time to talk about DNS propagation delays... :wink:
Can someone tell me how exciting they are again? 'Coz I can never get enough of that kind of talk.

ducasi
13th-December-2005, 03:40 PM
Can someone tell me how exciting they are again? 'Coz I can never get enough of that kind of talk.
Out of ten, I'd give 'em one...

El Salsero Gringo
13th-December-2005, 03:49 PM
I think now is an appropriate time to talk about DNS propagation delays... :wink:Hey... *any* time is an appropriate time to talk about DNS propagation delays!

LMC
13th-December-2005, 03:51 PM
<<<< streaks through thread >>>>

Piglet
13th-December-2005, 04:20 PM
Nice streak - LMC - did anyone get any photos? :whistle:

Yippee! for definite for me from this PC!!:clap:

killingtime
13th-December-2005, 04:38 PM
I suppose I can delete that entry from my hosts file :yum: (thankfully I'm not actually geeky enough to have done this).

DNS propagation is fun!

ducasi
13th-December-2005, 04:42 PM
I suppose I can delete that entry from my hosts file :yum: (thankfully I'm not actually geeky enough to have done this).

DNS propagation is fun!
Proxy caches that don't care what is in your hosts file, or the DNS aren't! :tears:

dee
13th-December-2005, 05:32 PM
Hey... *any* time is an appropriate time

My kind of guy :innocent: