PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Rep

Sparkles
9th-December-2005, 12:03 PM
Is it possible to give rep without it being positive or negative?

I know that if someone has posted less than 10 times their rep won't add to your score, but I didn't think it was possible for someone who has posted many times to give a rep that was neither positive or negative...

...so how have I received one?

Lynn
9th-December-2005, 12:08 PM
Is it possible to give rep without it being positive or negative?

I know that if someone has posted less than 10 times their rep won't add to your score, but I didn't think it was possible for someone who has posted many times to give a rep that was neither positive or negative...

...so how have I received one?Its from someone who has repped you recently and can't rep you again (or possibly who has used up all the rep they are allowed to give that day?). They can't rep you but they can give a comment. So it shows up like rep, but no points added (or detracted).

David Bailey
It's a new feature - I think it's if you've been too generous with your rep (i.e. repped 10 people in less than 24 hours), you can still "signal your approval", but without having any rep points to go with it.

Dunno if it's a good idea or not really...

LMC
It's a new forum feature - see here (http://72.232.2.194/~fpauly/forum/showpost.php?p=177088&postcount=82)

Now you can rep DavidJames as much as you like :waycool:

EDIT: cross-post - Lynn & DJ won the fastest fingers first that time... yeah yeah DJ, it's on it's way but I was funnier

under par
10th-December-2005, 01:05 PM
I think it is nice to be able to leave your thoughts when you have them,at the time of trying to rep someone...the chances of me re-visiting a thread at a later date to add rep and comment are very slim..

I'm just more impulsive and less organised than the old system would let me be.(I think that makes sense but not overly sure).:whistle:

El Salsero Gringo
10th-December-2005, 01:25 PM
I'd like the ability to choose positive, negative, or neutral rep (in other words, just to leave a comment) every time.

under par
10th-December-2005, 01:35 PM
I'd like the ability to choose positive, negative, or neutral rep (in other words, just to leave a comment) every time.

You're just too demanding :wink:

Lynn
10th-December-2005, 04:36 PM
Dunno if it's a good idea or not really...I think it is. I recently got a rep comment from someone who had already repped me earlier today. It was lovely to have the second comment and know the person had agreed with something I had said (esp as it was someone whose opinion on the subject I would respect).