PDA

View Full Version : Hallelujah!

Will
30th-January-2003, 02:30 PM
http://www.mcfc.co.uk/images/02_03/robbief.jpg

Dreadful Scathe
30th-January-2003, 03:02 PM
whos that ? and what are you talking about !?

TheTramp
30th-January-2003, 03:08 PM
That's Robbie Fowler, and I guess Will is either a Leeds supporter, or a Man City supporter....

Steve

Jayne
30th-January-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
That's Robbie Fowler, and I guess Will is either a Leeds supporter, or a Man City supporter....

Steve

Man city

Will
30th-January-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Jayne
Man city

Glory!

TheTramp
30th-January-2003, 04:40 PM
Everyone has their own cross to bear!!

Steve

Jayne
30th-January-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Will
Glory!

Boooo!

Will
31st-January-2003, 01:12 AM
Now now Miss Trixie-Bell. Let's not be like that eh! After all, we did let your boys score a consolation goal after we had put 3 past them earlier on this year.

:wink: :grin:

TheTramp
31st-January-2003, 02:09 AM
Hmmm. From the above, would Jayne happen to be a Man United supporter? I seem to recall City beating them 3-1 earlier in the season. Didn't they beat Everton by that score too Will??

Steve

Will
31st-January-2003, 12:03 PM
Indeed they did Steve.

I thankyou for that astute comment / insight. You are indeed a very good bloke. :nice:

Will

(P.S. Who is the Everton Supporter round here that you are trying to wind up?)

TheTramp
31st-January-2003, 12:06 PM
Aha. An Everton supporter. So, the myth is true then. One does indeed exist.

Jayne could quite easily have been a Man United supporter though - she does live far enough away from Manchester!

Looking through the results page, I see that you also beat Aston Villa by the same amount. But I knew it couldn't have been them. They don't have any supporters :D

Steve

Lou
31st-January-2003, 01:15 PM
I share my office with one Everton supporter & one Dundee United Supporter.
I'm married to an Aston Villa supporter, and bought my house from another Villa supporter. So I know both of them! :wink:

TheTramp
31st-January-2003, 01:28 PM
You and Jayne share an office Lou??

I think we're doing pretty well here. Great UK Football supporter coverage.

We know both the Aston Villa supporters.
We know the one Everton supporter.
And we know one of the two Man City supporters. Maybe Will can introduce us to the other one... :D

Steve

Jayne
31st-January-2003, 01:33 PM
Villa's latest stand (a few years old now...) was done by the architects firm my brother used to work for...

As for why I'm a ManU girl I'll explain when I have more time...

Jayne
:nice:

Dance Demon
31st-January-2003, 03:58 PM

Jayne

Must be because you don't live in Manchester!!!! most Man U fans are from outside Manchester....Manchester people tend to support City!!!!!!!!:wink:
DD:devil:

Will
31st-January-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
Must be because you don't live in Manchester!!!! most Man U fans are from outside Manchester....Manchester people tend to support City!!!!!!!!:wink:

That's what I told Jayne! I'm sure this debate will be continued in Blackpool. Therefore I shall bring a football and will be demanding a kick-about on the beach. :waycool:

By the way, if there are any Leeds fans out there, thanks for the striker!

Graham
4th-February-2003, 12:31 PM
Villa's latest stand (a few years old now...) was done by the architects firm my brother used to work for...

Jayne
If it's going to take time, presumably it's not the traditional living somewhere else and not knowing much about football then?

I can't remember if this has been mentioned before, but for the uninitiated, Manchester United's ground is not actually in the City of Manchester, so although they do in fact have a strong local support (explaining why they play to a capacity crowd most weeks), these people don't actually live "in Manchester", but in the neighbouring city of Salford or the surrounding boroughs like Trafford.

Jayne
4th-February-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Graham
If it's going to take time, presumably it's not the traditional living somewhere else and not knowing much about football then?

OK, I'm on my lunch break and I've got time to post now...

The story goes back 12/13 years to when I was still at High School. My maths teacher and I din't quite see eye to eye and at the slightest provocation I would get sent out of the class to work in the corridor (quite what I did to annoy him so much I've no idea, but anyway...). It got to the point that I was spending more time in the corridor than in class so the compromise was to make me sit at the back of the class all by myself. This went on for a while until one of the boys in the class was also permanently excluded to the table at the back of the class. Then we were joined by another boy and eventually we were joined by one of my best freinds, Jill. The two boys were Leicester Shitty supporters and Jill was a Man U supporter, which lead to "discussions" during classes and I would end up siding with Jill. From there, if I was to argue against the boys I needed to know how the two teams were doing so I started keeping an eye on scores and (english) football generally. So there you have it. I don't follow them so much now as I used to - I've no reason to.

Not particularly interesting, but there you go...

J :nice:

Dance Demon
4th-February-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Graham
I
I can't remember if this has been mentioned before, but for the uninitiated, Manchester United's ground is not actually in the City of Manchester, so although they do in fact have a strong local support (explaining why they play to a capacity crowd most weeks), these people don't actually live "in Manchester", but in the neighbouring city of Salford or the surrounding boroughs like Trafford.

So why are they not called Salford United, or Trafford United then? :wink: