PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Eve's events

stewart38
6th-December-2005, 10:56 AM
This is the only one on the ceroc web site

-----------------------------------
24/12/2005
Christmas Eve Party in Amersham
Join us for a Christmas Eve bash! Fun class then freestyle to midnight to two DJs Joe Smooth and DJ Bunnie. Tea, coffee and cakes served at 11.30.
Start: 8:00pm
End: 12:00am
----------------------------------------

Last year I was worried no one would attend a xmas eve bash and i was told rightly if everyone thought that no one would go :sad:

there was a great turn out at Twyford last year xmas eve

who wants a lift this year :whistle:

senorita
6th-December-2005, 11:01 AM
This is the only one on the ceroc web site

-----------------------------------
24/12/2005
Christmas Eve Party in Amersham
Join us for a Christmas Eve bash! Fun class then freestyle to midnight to two DJs Joe Smooth and DJ Bunnie. Tea, coffee and cakes served at 11.30.
Start: 8:00pm
End: 12:00am
----------------------------------------

Last year I was worried no one would attend a xmas eve bash and i was told rightly if everyone thought that no one would go :sad:

there was a great turn out at Twyford last year xmas eve

who wants a lift this year :whistle:

lift to wish one?? :whistle:

stewart38
6th-December-2005, 11:08 AM
lift to wish one?? :whistle:

as far I know twyford isnt on the saturday ie xmas eve its on the 23rd

and why is there so little on the 17th but so much to choose from on the 10th :sad:

Andy McGregor
7th-December-2005, 03:32 PM
Of course I have an event on Christmas Eve. And this one has become a monthly phenomenon in our area.

Last April I started running a night of Soul & Motown jointly with our local Community Centre in Shoreham. I do half the DJing and I've found (exhumed) a famous 60s/70s DJ called King Jerry who was 'King of the Brighton Mods' in the 1960s. This night is absolutely packed with people who love dancing to this particular style of music but feel out of place with the kids who inhabit most night clubs. We've reached the fire capacity of 275 on 50% of the nights and over the summer this night was 'discovered' by local modern jivers. There's plenty of room to dance too as most of the muggles spend as much time at the bar or chatting as they do dancing.

Almost every Soul and Motown track is exactly right for MJ and jivers of a 'certain age' are flocking in and having a great night. I've asked them to stick to one corner of the dance floor to stop them frightening the muggles which they usually do - we've even recruited a few new dancers at these nights.

And we've got on on Christmas Eve. It starts at 7.30pm and finishes at midnight. We've got a late bar 'til 11.45 and free mince pies and cream, tea and coffee at 11.30.

We also have these nights monthly, we've got one this Friday and one on January the 7th with the great John Brett as guest DJ - I will be billing him as DJ JB as it sounds like he's named himself after James Brown:whistle:

It's likely that our Christmas Eve night will be a sell out. If any jivers send me a PM I'll put their name on the door to make sure they can get in.