PDA

View Full Version : Calling all plumbers

foxylady
5th-December-2005, 11:47 AM
Sparkles is stuck at home, trying to get her immersion heater fixed, being quoted ridiculous prices by cowboy plumbers. Is in deperate need of advice.

PM me if you can help....

(she had to miss greenwich because of it :tears: , and has been without ANY running water since then !!! :angry: )

Foxy

CJ
5th-December-2005, 02:35 PM
Sparkles is stuck at home, trying to get her immersion heater fixed, being quoted ridiculous prices by cowboy plumbers. Is in deperate need of advice.

(she had to miss greenwich because of it :tears: , and has been without ANY running water since then !!! :angry: )

Foxy

and you certainly need running water with all these plumbers taking the pi$$!!

At least Sparkles had a real excuse for missing Greenwhich!!!:whistle: :whistle:

KatieR
5th-December-2005, 02:38 PM

Foxy

Just so happens, I live there as well .. :whistle:

Thanks to FP and RK for letting me use their shower yesterday :clap: :cheers:

Sparkles
6th-December-2005, 10:34 AM
Thanks to everyone who PMed FL with advice yesterday. :flower:

After an initial quote of £3000 :eek: I rang around and found someone who decided a whole new water-heating system wasn't needed and would fix it for about £300 *phew*. If anyone wants the name of the plumbers who tried to rip me off PM me.

I'm now awaiting a phone call to let me know when they can come and fix it - so I'm still without running water (and so is poor KatieR - sorry Love). Let's just hope it won't be long now.

Special thanks to Sheepman for the large water-containers and 3gallons of tap water - you're a star.
Also thanks to everyone at Jango for checking my cleanliness yesterday :rolleyes: - I never thought I'd see the day UP was sniffing my armpits! :rofl:

S. x

Magic Hans
7th-December-2005, 03:29 PM
There once was a plumber named Lee
Who was plumbing a girl by the sea
Cried the girl "Stop your plumbing!
There's somebody coming!"
Said the plumber still plumbing, "Yes! Me!".