PDA

View Full Version : A nice thread, to talk about nice things

TiggsTours
2nd-December-2005, 02:01 PM
It all seems to have become a bit heated recently, so I thought we should have any area to only talk about nice things.

Its Friday, its December, so officially the festive season has started, and I'm really enjoying my chocolate from my advent calendar every morning.

Please feel free to discuss fluffy bunnies in this thread, and if you don't want to hear about fluffy bunnies, you don't have to read any of it!

WittyBird
2nd-December-2005, 02:03 PM
I like the way you have done your hair today it really suits the shape of your face :worthy:

El Salsero Gringo
2nd-December-2005, 02:23 PM
It's not what you'd call 'all the rage', this thread, is it? I mean, it's been up for nearly 20 minutes now, and only three posts?

philsmove
2nd-December-2005, 03:29 PM
It's not what you'd call 'all the rage', this thread, is it? I mean, it's been up for nearly 20 minutes now, and only three posts?
:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

philsmove
2nd-December-2005, 03:30 PM
Some nice thoughts for the coming week

To night supper with friends

Saturday night Winter Ball WSM:cheers:

Sunday night Tango Lesson:wink:

Monday Talk on recent Balloon Altitude record

Tuesday night Birthday party (mine):cheers: :nice: :cheers:

Wednesday day off work:eek:

Thursday nothing planned yet

Friday night Milonga :clap:

jacksondonut
2nd-December-2005, 03:33 PM
[Its Friday, its December, so officially the festive season has started, and I'm really enjoying my chocolate from my advent calendar every morning.

Please feel free to discuss fluffy bunnies in this thread, and if you don't want to hear about fluffy bunnies, you don't have to read any of it![/QUOTE]

Yes, Its December, looking forward to Christmas and all the wonderful parties ahead.... yippeeeee:cheers:

Cant mention Fluffy Bunnies, as I live with a phsyco(?) siamese who would happily chew my hand off at the mention of the lovely(tasty) little creatures... (not really, just needs his lunch)....

Got the Glitter Ball, Daventry freestyle, birthday party, and other events to get dolled up for, any excuse for a bit of tinsle and glitter stuck in appropriate places...:clap:

Have been reading a lot of the material on the Forum and hope to meet some of the lovely people in it soon, hopefully at some of the dances/parties that will be going on through the festive season.. only recognise a couple of people so far and its hard to pounce on someone hoping they are the person you think they may be, and then realise they are not... embarrassing... but hey, everyone sounds so nice!

Going to Wellingborough tonight to kick off the weekend and hope everyone has a damn fine night whatever they may be doing..:cheers:

stewart38
2nd-December-2005, 03:43 PM

I've been out at lunch helping elderly people across the road so didnt see the thread

For those who want to see which part of the road i left them in have to look at a 'nasty thread'

El Salsero Gringo
2nd-December-2005, 03:54 PM
I've been out at lunch helping elderly people across the road so didnt see the thread

For those who want to see which part of the road i left them in have to look at a 'nasty thread'Does anyone remember a cartoon strip called "Small Birds Singing" featuring a character called Spandisman Unbelievable? I remember one that went something like this

(character watching..):"Hey! Spandisman has stopped his car to help that old lady across the road! That's out of character!

Now they've reached the middle of the road, and what's this? Spandisman's walking away....

... back towards his car, and getting in...

and starting the engine....

....ah! Now I understand!

Northants Girly
2nd-December-2005, 03:58 PM
hope to meet some of the lovely people in it soon .. only recognise a couple of people so far and its hard to pounce on someone hoping they are the person you think they may be, and then realise they are not... embarrassing... but hey, everyone sounds so nice!

Going to Wellingborough tonight to kick off the weekend Me too . . . . come and say hello! :flower:

TiggsTours
2nd-December-2005, 04:00 PM
You are insulting the thread, that's not nice, get out!

Sparkles
2nd-December-2005, 04:05 PM
... it made me smile...

TiggsTours
2nd-December-2005, 04:10 PM
Does anyone remember a cartoon strip called "Small Birds Singing" featuring a character called Spandisman Unbelievable? I remember one that went something like this

(character watching..):"Hey! Spandisman has stopped his car to help that old lady across the road! That's out of character!

Now they've reached the middle of the road, and what's this? Spandisman's walking away....

... back towards his car, and getting in...

and starting the engine....

....ah! Now I understand!
I don't remember that, but does anyone remember the one with the birds on the telegraph wire that they showed before Toy Story 2? Where the big bird landed, and the wire bent under the strain, all the other birds laughing, then looking scared, then he took off, and they all got pinged up in the air and lost their feathers? That made me laugh more than the film!:rofl:

Might have to watch it on DVD as soon as I get in, before I go and meet my friend for dinner, and then go dancing, with lots of lovely people.

Now, that's nice.:D

Zebra Woman
2nd-December-2005, 04:11 PM
Have been reading a lot of the material on the Forum and hope to meet some of the lovely people in it soon, hopefully at some of the dances/parties that will be going on through the festive season.. only recognise a couple of people so far and its hard to pounce on someone hoping they are the person you think they may be, and then realise they are not... embarrassing... but hey, everyone sounds so nice!

Hey Ms. Donut! You know me too. :grin:
I will make some introductions next time I see you.
See you at one of the Xmas parties no-doubt.

Alison x

stewart38
2nd-December-2005, 04:13 PM

Alison x

It will be nice to see lots of people at Hammersmith, i might even take my camera and wear my christmas hat.

WittyBird
2nd-December-2005, 04:26 PM
It will be nice to see lots of people at Hammersmith, i might even take my camera and wear my christmas hat.

i hope for sanity sake your going to wear more than your christmas hat

JonD
2nd-December-2005, 04:26 PM
I've just done a poll around the team to see which charities we should donate money to this Christmas. That was nice. They're a great team and I really enjoy working with them.

It's pouring outside and it's nice to be inside!

jacksondonut
2nd-December-2005, 04:29 PM

Alison x

Hiya honey!!

would be thrilled to bits, been a bit on the shy side, but hoping to come out of my shell and mingle very soon now.. thanks for saying Hi, much appreciate it.. lotsa luv :grin:

Yeah, no doubt be bumping into you very soon..xx

stewart38
2nd-December-2005, 04:33 PM
i hope for sanity sake your going to wear more than your christmas hat

This is a nice thread, if i went naked that would be offensive

It will be nice having a lie in tomorrow

TiggsTours
2nd-December-2005, 04:39 PM
This is a nice thread, if i went naked that would be offensive

It will be nice having a lie in tomorrow
I've got my car booked in for a service tomorrow, it will be nice to get it done, so that it stops playing on my mind.

While that's being done, I will be finishing my Christmas shopping, and having a manicure, then, in the evening, I'll be going dancing in Greenwich, that will be nice.

murphy
2nd-December-2005, 04:54 PM
I've had no hot water all week, but finally got some last night, so had a luxurious soak in the bath and finally managed to wash my hair.

That was very nice!

:flower: :flower:

and it's nearly the weekend, which is even nicer.

:cheers:

WittyBird
2nd-December-2005, 05:07 PM
I havent seen my dad for 12 months and he is driving down this evening to take me out for dinner then driving back that will be nice :cool:

fletch
2nd-December-2005, 06:16 PM

On the 'pull' again I see

:rofl: :rofl:

fletch
2nd-December-2005, 06:18 PM
Please feel free to discuss fluffy bunnies in this thread, and if you don't want to hear about fluffy bunnies, you don't have to read any of it!

Do rabbits count, only mines not fluffy (the rabbit I meen):rofl:

Dreadful Scathe
2nd-December-2005, 06:20 PM
Discussing Fluffy Bunnies will only bring up the topic of sex at some point and is that what we really want ?

'Yes' said the man at the back of the room

WittyBird
2nd-December-2005, 06:22 PM
Discussing Fluffy Bunnies will only bring up the topic of sex at some point and is that what we really want ?

'Yes' said the man at the back of the room

just like every other thread really

WittyBird
2nd-December-2005, 06:23 PM
Do rabbits count, only mines not fluffy (the rabbit I meen):rofl:
whatever do you mean?
im selling duracel 8 for price of 4 if that helps

fletch
2nd-December-2005, 06:27 PM
whatever do you mean?
im selling duracel 8 for price of 4 if that helps

Thats Friday night taken care of then:rofl:

Feelingpink
2nd-December-2005, 06:27 PM

'Yes' said the man at the back of the roomOoh, what's that - an echo? Ooh, a double echo? Quadruple? Ok ... I get the idea :blush:

I smelt the first waft of a Christmas tree today. One of my clients is thrilled to be having dinner with Bill Clinton tonight in London. I'm spending tomorrow with a lot of hand-knitted Scottish cashmere, two cats and a delightful knitwear designer. Can't wait.

jacksondonut
2nd-December-2005, 06:44 PM
Me too . . . . come and say hello! :flower:

:D Thats very nice of you, will look out for you... problem is all i have to go by is the picture of the bird on your profile....mmmm

Please come over and say hi, if you spot Linda (my mate) and I, be there about 9 ish by the time cooked tea, blah blah blah..... and escaped the mad house i live in....:clap:

Know its usually busy, but would be nice to say hello... and thanks for being so friendly... may come out of my shell a little bit more.. :flower:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
2nd-December-2005, 06:53 PM
Oooooh a happy thread! Yea! I haven't had time to read the "heated" threads recently as I ain't been able to get on the forum as much as i'd like so I fell behind with everything! :(

Here's to being happy! And nice things too!

Ash x x x

Piglet
2nd-December-2005, 07:20 PM
It's Friday :D

No school for 2 days! :D :D

Daisy
3rd-December-2005, 03:00 AM
Never mind fluffy bunnies.....Ray has bought me a lovely little fluffy puppy for my birthday..:grin:

He is a Maltese/****z Tsu cross and his name is Billy....only 9weeks old....ahhhh:hug:

He is so cute....just a little ball of creamy white fluff.....thankyou Ray xxx :flower:

(don't worry...my dog's not just for Xmas...he's for life)

jacksondonut
3rd-December-2005, 12:21 PM
Me too . . . . come and say hello! :flower:

Hiya.. looked around at all the ladies in the room at wellingborough last night and didnt spot you!! Hopefully next time :) was looking so closely on the dance floor i nearly fell over a few times.... hopefully people didnt think i was too much of a weirdo..:whistle:

We had a great night in the end and i am glad we took a chance! Actually enough room to dance for a change and lots of familiar faces too..:clap:

Glad to hear that Ealing was a great bash too. Sounds like everyone had a great time.:nice:

CeeCee
5th-December-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by TiggsTours

It all seems to have become a bit heated recently, so I thought we should have any area to only talk about nice things.

Ooh what a lovely idea for a thread, spread a little happiness, well done and congratulations to you.

Thought it would have been hijacked by now, well the battery thing was close...

I love this time of year with shops and homes decorated for the festivities, all looks pretty and welcoming.
Lights on street lamps, lights in windows, lights on trees, delightful.
It's fun to see the effort some families go to to decorate the outside of their homes with santas and sleighs and deer etc. (The A3 seems to be a popular area)

Anyway, I'm off to buy some tinsel and find some silver baubles to turn into earrings.

Happy posting x

TiggsTours
5th-December-2005, 12:40 PM
My nice new silver shiny dance shoes have just arrived, now that is really nice!:D

CJ
5th-December-2005, 02:36 PM
I like the way you have done your hair today it really suits the shape of your face :worthy:

It's called a really long fringe.:D

dee
5th-December-2005, 05:03 PM
It will be nice to see lots of people at Hammersmith,even wear my christmas thong. Can't wait to see Dee that will be nice

Stew38 you are so sweet :flower:

Seeing S38 in a thong :rofl: not sure if that will be naughty or nice, both or none :rofl:

Going to Hammersmith on saturday, that will be really nice :clap:

Once the "Rampant Kev F" goes on sale that will be fabulously nice :yum:

stewart38
5th-December-2005, 06:05 PM
WB cant get on the forum for the last few hours, i think its her nasty boss

So ive been keeping her updated by e-mail

Isnt that nice :nice:

or just plain sad :sad:

Piglet
7th-December-2005, 11:05 PM
Our lovely wee dog died today
(she of whom I liked the wet smell :) )

I'm writing about her on this thread cos she was a lovely dog, she lived to be over 14 years of age and she went really quickly after going out for a lovely walk with my dad (something she didn't really do often these days). She passed in my dad's company - during the drive back from the walk. (Not so nice for my dad - especially since he's feeling guilty because he thinks he should have done something to help her).

I got to say goodbye to her and that was really nice too - I've always been a bit squeamish around dead pets but it was indescribably nice to be able to pet her one last time.

ducasi
8th-December-2005, 01:46 AM
Really sorry to hear that, she was a lovely dog. :hug:

I'm glad that you're concentrating on the nice things about her life and death. :nice:

What's nice that's been happening to me is that my sore wrist is a whole lot better, and my dodgy eye seems to be back in good health.

Oh, and it looks like I'll be seen dancing on TV! (Not as much as CJ though!)

Gadget
8th-December-2005, 01:49 AM
What do you do with all the ornaments? :confused:

WittyBird
8th-December-2005, 08:38 AM
I got to say goodbye to her and that was really nice too - I've always been a bit squeamish around dead pets but it was indescribably nice to be able to pet her one last time.

Oh I think im gonna cry :sad:

Cruella
8th-December-2005, 10:13 AM
My 10 year old sons poorly today.:sad: Which means i have to stay off work to look after him.:D Which means i can have the forum on all day :clap:
Dave Hancocks coming down today too.:clap: So whose going to pay me to get my son to infect him so he can't travel back to Scotland on sunday? :innocent:

TheTramp
8th-December-2005, 10:15 AM
Dave Hancocks coming down today too.:clap: So whose going to pay me to get my son to infect him so he can't travel back to Scotland on sunday? :innocent:

All the Scottish people?? :whistle:

Cruella
8th-December-2005, 10:28 AM
All the Scottish people?? :whistle:
Yeah but aren't they supposed to be reluctant to part with their money.:whistle: So start bidding now, how much to keep Dave down south? Or will the scottish ladies bid more to get him back?

DianaS
8th-December-2005, 05:35 PM
To realize
The value of a sister
Ask someone
Who doesn't have one.

To realize
The value of ten years:
Ask a newly
Divorced couple.

To realize
The value of four years:
Ask a graduate.

To realize
The value of one year:
Ask a student who
Has failed a final exam.

To realize
The value of nine months:
Ask a mother who gave birth to a still born.

To realize
The value of one month:
Ask a mother
who has given birth to
A premature baby

To realize
The value of one week:
Ask an editor of a weekly newspaper.

To realize
The value of one hour:
Ask the lovers who are waiting to Meet.

To realize
The value of one minute:
Ask a person
Who has missed the train, bus or plane.

To realize
The value of one-second:
Ask a person
Who has survived an accident...

To! realize
The value of one millisecond:
Ask the person who has won a silver medal in the Olympics

Time waits for no one.
Treasure every moment you have.
You will treasure it even more when
you can share it with someone special.

To realize the value of a friend:
Lose one.

jacksondonut
8th-December-2005, 05:47 PM
My 10 year old sons poorly today.:sad: Which means i have to stay off work to look after him.:D Which means i can have the forum on all day :clap:

Hiya!

Sorry about your boy, but it has its advantages, doesnt it!!:wink:

I was actually hatching a cunning and devious kidnap attempt, but if you want money... well, lets see, i will sell all of my possessions... including very much loved siamese cat... and all of my lovely dancing shoes too... and maybe some of my dodgy friends... all the family jewels and whatever else i can lay my hands on...:rofl: (not sure but i think that means i am laughing lots and lots on my kitchen floor)...

Can also try begging i suppose, but with my dodgy knees, id never get up again...lol

See you later and hope the lad gets well soon.

xx

JonD
12th-December-2005, 02:41 PM
Mattika, who works with me, brought in a Thai meal for everyone to have for lunch. There are only 21 one of us but it must still have taken an age for her to prepare. And WOW, it was delicious! Working with someone as generous and lovely as Mattika who can also cook like an angel - well, that is truly nice.

(And I've got more to have for dinner so I'm going to be an aromatic little dancer tonight - that'll solve the "Dance Meat" thing)!

CeeCee
13th-December-2005, 09:39 PM
Here’s a nice thing which has been keeping me amused lately. Recently I’ve been listening to a non-music radio programme on 97.3fm.

I’ve become a fan of the “three hour 4 ‘til 7 Iain Lee afternoon wireless show”.

Iain is an entertainment genius and his irreverent, pedantic, comical, uncompromising, juvenile sense of humour just cracks me up. I wonder if he has a fan club.

One of his regular callers described his show as “inconsequential nonsense, which is like yoga for the mind, relaxing”. Poor Iain couldn’t decide whether this was a compliment or not.