PDA

View Full Version : Ealing friday

Missy D
1st-December-2005, 09:42 AM
Ok I know there is a thread on 2/3 December but, after the Jive Aces were advertised seems that many have changed there minds about Ealing this friday. Me and Dee just want to know if anyone is still going to the BFF? If no one is going then we will go elsewhere. Neither of us can make Greenwich so friday is our only dancing this weekend.

WittyBird
1st-December-2005, 10:03 AM
Chesham for me as I am being 'forced' to have dinner with my dad so will make last few hours :confused:

senorita
1st-December-2005, 10:16 AM
Ok I know there is a thread on 2/3 December but, after the Jive Aces were advertised seems that many have changed there minds about Ealing this friday. Me and Dee just want to know if anyone is still going to the BFF? If no one is going then we will go elsewhere. Neither of us can make Greenwich so friday is our only dancing this weekend.

still sitting on the fence....
been invited to a private charity dinner/dance....so may go to wellingborough after,... which is just up the road from me,...as I have been summond by NG to see something or another :whistle: ....or I may skve the charity do and go to cheshunt for the slow latin cool tunes..:D

Paul F
1st-December-2005, 10:38 AM
I've decided not to bother. Although Surbiton will take up the time which the JA are on I still dont think I will go. Got a busy day Saturday so Im going to head back home at 11.

Dizzy
1st-December-2005, 10:58 AM
I'm still going to be going to Ealing :clap: . Although the Jive Aces are playing :mad: , there will be a Blues class with Nigel and Nina.

Simon r
1st-December-2005, 10:59 AM
Hey guys and gals why not come to Twyford

nicole... bex .....bill cooper..... and myself will be there for sure

goes on till 11.30 and great burger bar just up the road...

LOL simon

Sparkles
1st-December-2005, 11:15 AM
I'll still be going to Ealing, though I'm wondering if it's really worth it... I hear that not only will the Jive Aces be doing an hour set but there'll also be a cabaret (all well and good, but if I go to a freestyle night I want to dance, not stand around getting cold!) :mad:.

KatieR, Sheepman and Little Monkey will be there too - unless they all change their minds...

KatieR
1st-December-2005, 11:17 AM
KatieR, Sheepman and Little Monkey will be there too - unless they all change their minds...

Extremely tempted to go to Twyford... just the whole transport issue.. I agree with you though... I want to dance, not stand around in the cold... :sick:

Paul F
1st-December-2005, 11:46 AM
I'll still be going to Ealing, though I'm wondering if it's really worth it... I hear that not only will the Jive Aces be doing an hour set but there'll also be a cabaret (all well and good, but if I go to a freestyle night I want to dance, not stand around getting cold!) :mad:.

There is nothing worse IMO than an organiser putting on special 'treats' for dancers that take up too much time. Im reminded of the ceroc central events in daventry which have about 6 things going on, each of which interrupt the freestyle. :mad: I supposed in that case it is eased by the extension until 2 but i find my momentum dissapears when I am stood around.

TheTramp
1st-December-2005, 11:57 AM
Im reminded of the ceroc central events in daventry which have about 6 things going on, each of which interrupt the freestyle. :mad:
Uh huh. I agree too. Have no desire to watch cabarets, or other such things ever. And it's one of the things that I don't really appreciate about Daventry (though, I have had good nights both times I've been there).

I actually quite like dancing to the Jive Aces though. Probably wouldn't want to do it all night, every night. But on the occasion that I go someplace where they are playing, I've enjoyed dancing, listening and watching them.

TiggsTours
1st-December-2005, 06:07 PM
I'll still be going to Ealing.

I'm so glad I'm not a venue manager, I mean, you book the UK's number one Jive Band at whatever phenomenal cost they charge, you book the winners of Strictly Dance Fever to come along and do a spectacular demonstration, again at some phenomenal fee, you do all this, and don't even charge more for the Christmas special, and all people can do is moan and whinge about it.

Perhaps you'd be better put to email Franco and tell him you won't be going to Ealing, and why, so that next time he could try to give the punter what they want.

I'll be there with bells on (it is the Christmas party, after all), and I will thoroughly enjoy watching the show, whilst taking the opportunity to chat to people I otherwise wouldn't have spoken to, as we'd be too busy dancing, and enjoying the Jive Aces, and looking forward immensely to their breaks so that I can actually dance at a reasonable pace.

And I'll be thanking Franco for putting so many people off of going, because finally there'll be enough space on the floor to actually dance! :clap:

TheTramp
1st-December-2005, 06:40 PM
I'm so glad I'm not a venue manager, I mean, you book the UK's number one Jive Band at whatever phenomenal cost they charge, you book the winners of Strictly Dance Fever to come along and do a spectacular demonstration, again at some phenomenal fee, you do all this, and don't even charge more for the Christmas special, and all people can do is moan and whinge about it.

And I'll be thanking Franco for putting so many people off of going, because finally there'll be enough space on the floor to actually dance! :clap:

Sorry TT, gotta disagree with you.

You can spend what you like, but in the end, if you're not giving the punters what they want, then it's wasted outlay. No matter if you have the best interests of everyone at heart...

Of course, you'll never please everyone. I'd go, and enjoy the Jive Aces, chat/drink/change/watch/whatever while Sadie & Joseph were on. And other people will just be going becuase S&J will be there. Or won't be going because the JA. Shame it's so far away really....

Of course, there is the proviso here, that the people who post on the forum are a small, generally (yes, this includes me) opinionated bunch of people, who will say if we don't like something. And then we'll probably go anyhow. And then we'll come back and tell everyone else (sometimes ad nauseum) how we knew we wouldn't like it, we didn't, and we won't be going again. Until the next time of course....

Paul F
1st-December-2005, 07:27 PM
Of course, there is the proviso here, that the people who post on the forum are a small, generally (yes, this includes me) opinionated bunch of people, who will say if we don't like something. And then we'll probably go anyhow. And then we'll come back and tell everyone else (sometimes ad nauseum) how we knew we wouldn't like it, we didn't, and we won't be going again. Until the next time of course....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Im one of them :rofl:

Andreas
1st-December-2005, 08:46 PM
There is nothing worse IMO than an organiser putting on special 'treats' for dancers that take up too much time. Im reminded of the ceroc central events in daventry which have about 6 things going on, each of which interrupt the freestyle. :mad: I supposed in that case it is eased by the extension until 2 but i find my momentum dissapears when I am stood around.

Hehe When I was at the Ceroc Ball in Melbourne in late September this year they had plenty of shows to start with ... took a VERY long time to go through all of them. And just to top it up they also had a trivia. Best (??) thing about the trivia was, it was flippin' 6 pages long!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I won't go into any further detail. Just so you know there is always somebody who gives you a run for your money. :rofl:

Anyway, I am still planning on being at Ealing tomorrow.

frodo
1st-December-2005, 10:00 PM
Extremely tempted to go to Twyford... just the whole transport issue.. I agree with you though... I want to dance, not stand around in the cold... :sick:

Don't know what the transport issue is, but on the Twyford to London section, it is a pretty easy venue to get to by public transport - not a vast walk from the station.

spindr
1st-December-2005, 10:24 PM
Hoping to make it to Ealing -- with luck :)

SpinDr

P.S. Although might be salsa'ing to start with :devil:

KatieR
2nd-December-2005, 10:21 AM
Hoping to make it to Ealing -- with luck :)

SpinDr
:

Wonder if they will play any slow songs?? :wink:

David Bailey
2nd-December-2005, 11:46 AM
:blush: :rofl: :worthy: :clap:

However, I'd like to add that I've pioneered the technique of whingeing about events that I haven't even been to :)

And I'm now performing advanced research into the area of whingeing about entire dance forms I don't know (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=176309#post176309), and entire TV series I don't watch (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=176697).

What can I say - life's a journey.

TiggsTours
2nd-December-2005, 12:16 PM
Sorry TT, gotta disagree with you.

You can spend what you like, but in the end, if you're not giving the punters what they want, then it's wasted outlay. No matter if you have the best interests of everyone at heart...

Of course, you'll never please everyone. I'd go, and enjoy the Jive Aces, chat/drink/change/watch/whatever while Sadie & Joseph were on. And other people will just be going becuase S&J will be there. Or won't be going because the JA. Shame it's so far away really....

Oh, don't get me wrong, I agree that you can't please everybody, its just that if I thought I wasn't going to enjoy all that's being layed on by Hipsters, and no additional cost to me, I just wouldn't go, I wouldn't waste time whinging about it.

Lynn
2nd-December-2005, 01:41 PM
... I wouldn't waste time whinging about it.Well if you are going to expect people to stop wasting time whinging about things on this forum, you might be waiting a while. :rofl:

TheTramp
2nd-December-2005, 02:12 PM
Well if you are going to expect people to stop wasting time whinging about things on this forum, you might be waiting a while. :rofl:

Yeah. That'll only happen after Andy McG takes up smoking, and DavidJames stops being pedantic!

dee
2nd-December-2005, 02:31 PM
Wonder if they will play any slow songs?? :wink:

Well if they don't, the Jive Aces have promised Missy D a dance lesson so she can dance to the fast tracks, i can't wait for that, think i will try and get front row seats for us all :rofl:

stewart38
2nd-December-2005, 03:50 PM
Well if they don't, the Jive Aces have promised Missy D a dance lesson so she can dance to the fast tracks, i can't wait for that, think i will try and get front row seats for us all :rofl:

you have sold out for 40 pieces of silver :sad:

Chesham :yeah:

dee
2nd-December-2005, 03:57 PM
you have sold out for 40 pieces of silver :sad:

Chesham :yeah:

Is this pirate lingo? me hearty :confused:

stewart38
2nd-December-2005, 04:16 PM
Is this pirate lingo? me hearty :confused:

Not listening

sticks fingers in ears and goes la la la la tra la la la which reminds me of Banana bunch which leads me to :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am tempted to go to Ealing but that wouldnt be fair on those already commited

WittyBird
2nd-December-2005, 04:24 PM
already commited
what you have been or you should be?

stewart38
2nd-December-2005, 04:27 PM
what you have been or you should be?

All im going to say is 5 power points you have 1 :whistle:

:flower:

WittyBird
2nd-December-2005, 04:31 PM

lets hope you keep em then

dee
2nd-December-2005, 04:43 PM
I am tempted to go to Ealing cos Dee will be there

Stew that is so sweet so why don't you come we could have a three-in-a-bed romp if Missy D is up for it :innocent:

dee
2nd-December-2005, 04:44 PM

But you did join nearly 3 years ago and i only have 2 :tears:

Don't worry Witty you will soon have as many as me :clap:

WittyBird
2nd-December-2005, 04:51 PM

its ok he is throwing his power around ( or trying to )

dee
2nd-December-2005, 04:59 PM
its ok he is throwing his power around ( or trying to )

I love it when he gets all macho :drool:

Right im off to london before the 3 wheeler arrives

See you later who ever is going :flower:

stewart38
2nd-December-2005, 05:03 PM

Not sure why you dont have more power points given your reputation :whistle:

WittyBird
2nd-December-2005, 05:06 PM
Not sure why you dont have more power points given your reputation :whistle:

what reputation is that then?

fletch
2nd-December-2005, 06:23 PM
We are going:clap: :clap:

just about to leave

Is it a party? I haven't put a party dress on:sad:

WittyBird
2nd-December-2005, 06:24 PM
We are going:clap: :clap:

just about to leave

Is it a party? I haven't put a party dress on:sad:

No dont do it
come to Chesham you will have more fun

fletch
2nd-December-2005, 06:29 PM
No dont do it
come to Chesham you will have more fun
Don't know the way? blond blond:blush:

WittyBird
2nd-December-2005, 06:30 PM
Don't know the way? blond blond:blush:
M1 Junction 8 then call me

WittyBird
2nd-December-2005, 07:12 PM
doing the double

chesham first
then ealing yay :whistle:

stewart38
2nd-December-2005, 09:13 PM
doing the double

chesham first
then ealing yay :whistle:

too late all going to Ealing

WittyBird
3rd-December-2005, 03:31 AM
too late all going to Ealing
no really :grin:

fletch
3rd-December-2005, 11:26 AM
Phew! it was touch and go last night, after negotiating the traffic around the NEC half way down the M40 and 3hrs into our journey I had a call to say it wasn't on.:sad:

Luckely it was all resolved when we got there:clap:

Fantastic night, FAB dances:kiss:

See you all New Years Eve:cheers:

Missy D
3rd-December-2005, 11:46 AM
Me and Dee had the best time ever. The Jive Aces were really good and I found myself dancing to some of there songs. Well done :clap: I had my dance lesson too so I can now dance to some of their fast songs:rofl: Everyone seemed in such a good mood too. Lots of laughter with Dee and Witty (witty you are crazy) but, we love you! So when are you and Dee doing to champs especially after that spectacular lift:rofl: :rofl: Good to meet some of the forumites:hug: Apart from Camber this was my best nights dancing this year. Message to dwyane via Carla me and Dee still need a cold shower after dancing with you:drool:

Thank you to Franko for putting on a great night!!:clap:

WittyBird
3rd-December-2005, 11:51 AM
Lots of laughter with Dee and Witty (witty you are crazy) but, we love you!

:blush: It was a crazy night but I was in an especially silly mood:really:

So when are you and Dee doing to champs especially after that spectacular lift:rofl: :rofl:

Actually its funny you should mention that :rolleyes: it was rather amusing I was laughing all the way home... what is even worse is I couldn't sleep last night for laughing :worthy:

Paul F
3rd-December-2005, 11:52 AM
Well I had planned on going to WCS at Surbiton last night but there was a dirty great big queue on my way there. I could have still gone but it would have meant turning up really late.....SO.....i went to Hipsters although i swore i wouldnt.

I got there at around 9:10 and found about 60 people stood in the foyer and the doors to the hall locked :what:
Apparently the town hall (council) hadnt renewed their entertainments license so the caretaker refused to open the doors. :rolleyes:
I would like to give huge credit to Franco and his helpers for getting a definate problem sorted out as quickly as possible :worthy:

In the end it was a really good night. The Jive Aces, although playing exactly the same set as last time i heard them, were really good. I dont hate them anymore.
The star of the night for me was JB. IMO he played an absolutely blinding set. Such a mixture of genres and styles it really made for a good atmosphere. :worthy:

'twas a good night

WittyBird
3rd-December-2005, 12:20 PM
I got there at around 9:10 and found about 60 people stood in the foyer and the doors to the hall locked :what:
Apparently the town hall (council) hadnt renewed their entertainments license so the caretaker refused to open the doors. :rolleyes:

We got to within 10 mins of the venue to receive a call to say it was cancelled so started to drive back to chesham - got off M25 to receive another call to say it was back on.......

drove all the way back :rofl:
It was worth it - had a great night :rofl: so many men so little time:really:

Minnie M
3rd-December-2005, 12:21 PM
I was all set to do Surbiton AND Ealing - ended up in bed with a hot toddy and a box of tissues :tears: :tears: :tears:

spindr
3rd-December-2005, 12:54 PM
Well, I gave up -- after over an hour since it should have started -- I've got better things to do than hang around for Franco to sort out his suppliers.

Let's hope he gets it sorted for his New Year's Bash.

SpinDr

Andreas
3rd-December-2005, 01:12 PM
Yeah, it was a very good night. After the JA's fast pieces every single piece of music played was just nice and mellow :rofl: Ok, one exception was the JA track they played later on. Nonetheless, I got in plenty of really good dances despite my weak condition. Thanks to those who endured me.

Looking forward to dragging my old body to Greenwich tonight :D

Msfab
3rd-December-2005, 02:34 PM
Nonetheless, I got in plenty of really good dances despite my weak condition. Thanks to those who endured me.

Looking forward to dragging my old body to Greenwich tonight :D

Id hate to see you in Top Condition! :yum: Fab as always, looking forward to tonight!:drool:

Msfab
3rd-December-2005, 02:38 PM
Well, I gave up -- after over an hour since it should have started -- I've got better things to do than hang around for Franco to sort out his suppliers.

Im glad I didnt rush to get there! :innocent:

Oh and what were these better things to do on a friday night then?:whistle:

You missed the wonderful J******S! They seemed to ruin all the best songs and that racket at the end of their set, Wasting valuable dancing time!:(

stewart38
3rd-December-2005, 02:45 PM

Let's hope he gets it sorted for his New Year's Bash.

SpinDr

Added about 60 miles to my journey as we headed all the way back (on hearing its cancelled) then to be told it was on again :mad:

It was however a great night saw lots of old faces there

Loads of great dancers, if not a bit crowded for an hr or so

The Jive aces were haming it up at the end,running around off stage.

Not sure if thats better then watching a 3rd rate caberat set . I think id prefer less ham and more free style

Andreas
3rd-December-2005, 03:03 PM
Id hate to see you in Top Condition! :yum: Fab as always, looking forward to tonight!:drool:
You'd love it!! I might be sparkling of energy so you won't be forced to wiggle so much. Although, I know you secretely LOVE wiggling. :innocent: :whistle:

See you tonight.

Andreas
3rd-December-2005, 03:10 PM
Not sure if thats better then watching a 3rd rate caberat set . I think id prefer less ham and more free style

I don't know if there was more than one dance demo, I only saw the Swing one as I got there late. But I must say I thorroughly enjoyed it. It was not spot on in terms of tidiness. But it was a VERY entertaining and fun routine(my opinion).

As for the JA's, well, yeah, way too fast tracks even for my liking. First two dances at about 176 beats per minute was fun but not good warm-up, my knee complained a bit about that. There were a few Swing dancers there, so they certainly were pleased. Listening to the JA's is quite nice, too, because the tunes are up beat. But dancing anything but proper Jive, R'n'R or Swing was hard work. In fact, some of the tracks were so fast, they'd only suited Balboa or the likes. Anyway, still a good night overall :D

Msfab
3rd-December-2005, 03:10 PM
You'd love it!! I might be sparkling of energy so you won't be forced to wiggle so much. Although, I know you secretely LOVE wiggling. :innocent: :whistle:

See you tonight.

You Smart Cookie, I love wiggling! :rolleyes:

Andreas
3rd-December-2005, 03:12 PM
You Smart Cookie, I love wiggling! :rolleyes:
I shall enjoy the show tonight then :whistle: :D :flower:

Msfab
3rd-December-2005, 03:23 PM
I shall enjoy the show tonight then :whistle: :D :flower:

Im stuck at work trying to impress my bacteria with my wiggling skills! Better pace myself for tonight then!:rolleyes:

stewart38
3rd-December-2005, 03:34 PM
I don't know if there was more than one dance demo, I only saw the Swing one as I got there late. But I must say I thorroughly enjoyed it. It was not spot on in terms of tidiness. But it was a VERY entertaining and fun routine(my opinion).

As for the JA's, well, yeah, way too fast tracks even for my liking. First two dances at about 176 beats per minute was fun but not good warm-up, my knee complained a bit about that. There were a few Swing dancers there, so they certainly were pleased. Listening to the JA's is quite nice, too, because the tunes are up beat. But dancing anything but proper Jive, R'n'R or Swing was hard work. In fact, some of the tracks were so fast, they'd only suited Balboa or the likes. Anyway, still a good night overall :D

Dont get me wrong there bloody skillfull, overall id give them the thumbs up:clap:

TheTramp
3rd-December-2005, 04:43 PM

Sorry. I don't think that you can blame Franco for that one (which is the impression I got from your post). If he books it, and then turns up, and it's shut because of something the town council haven't done, then it's hardly his fault.....

I understand that you'd be annoyed. Point said annoyance in direction of the town council.

Missy D
3rd-December-2005, 04:55 PM
Sorry. I don't think that you can blame Franco for that one (which is the impression I got from your post). If he books it, and then turns up, and it's shut because of something the town council haven't done, then it's hardly his fault.....

I understand that you'd be annoyed. Point said annoyance in direction of the town council.

:yeah:

I have to say it once again I had a great night!!:clap: :clap:

Although I didnt get to dance with Paul F:tears:

spindr
3rd-December-2005, 05:47 PM

It's exactly the same in other circumstances -- do you blame the power-supply cord manufacturer when your X-box sets itself on fire -- or do you blame Microsoft for choosing them, and giving them the contract to supply?

So, if an event has problems for whatever reason -- venue, staff, whatever -- then it's the organiser's fault for choosing them. If the fault isn't rectified in a timely manner then that is the organiser's fault for either not being on site, or not having sufficiently senior staff on site to solve the problem.

It doesn't mean that I don't have sympathy that the problem occurs -- but I have a choice (and future choice) -- I generally choose to buy products which seem to have fewer problems.

SpinDr

Andreas
3rd-December-2005, 05:55 PM
Of course. He could have checked beforehand. But wouold you if everything worked fine for years? I highly doubt it.

Let's just leave it with 'you are p****d off because you drove for nothing at all and others are happy that the event did take place despite initial troubles. Discussing whose fault it is only results in a heated debate that is completely hypothetical and potentially spoils future events for everybody.

fletch
3rd-December-2005, 06:33 PM
It took me 4hrs 30minuits to get to the venue,:tears: and if the venue hadn't happened then I believe I would have had every right to be p****d off:( , but I wouldn't have blamed Franco, although it would have made a huge difference how we were handled after, i.e. everyone weighting getting a free entrance to the first BFF in January.
More cost for Franco,:eek: unfortunately, as it must have cost a fortune for last night with all the entertainment laid on, and still only £8 entrance, fantastic value for money, you southern softies are spoilt.:wink:
I was looking forward to the party at Wittybirds House, next time.:cheers:

Minnie M
3rd-December-2005, 06:52 PM
...... i.e. everyone weighting getting a free entrance
:rofl: sorry Fletch - had to read it twice before I realised what you meant :really:
Mrs. Fletch Malaprop :innocent:

fletch
3rd-December-2005, 06:59 PM
:rofl: sorry Fletch - had to read it twice before I realised what you meant :really:
Mrs. Fletch Malaprop :innocent:
you can tell i'm on my own, no help with this one:blush: :rofl:

Ho well! you know what I mean, spell check said it was OK:sad:

David Franklin
3rd-December-2005, 07:00 PM
Of course. He could have checked beforehand. But wouold you if everything worked fine for years? I highly doubt it.But did everything work fine for years? Not having been to Ealing for ages, I don't particularly want to throw stones, but I have to point out that when I was a regular Hipsterite, turning up to find the main hall was occupied by another event and the only option was an incredibly cramped subsiduary room was not a particularly rare occurrence.

I'm sure Franco does his best, but the council's attitude always seemed to be

"of course you can use the hall - unless there's anything else going on, in which case we reserve the right to turf you out on a moment's notice".
Whether this situation is reasonable is a valid question IMHO. :flower:

Missy D
3rd-December-2005, 07:23 PM
Of course. He could have checked beforehand. But wouold you if everything worked fine for years? I highly doubt it.

Let's just leave it with 'you are p****d off because you drove for nothing at all and others are happy that the event did take place despite initial troubles. Discussing whose fault it is only results in a heated debate that is completely hypothetical and potentially spoils future events for everybody.

Just incase you didnt know I had a really really good night last night! and it only took me 20 minutes to get there.

fletch
3rd-December-2005, 07:38 PM

Just incase you didnt know I had a really really good night last night! and it only took me 20 minutes to get there.
oooooo, only 2 hrs to get to Cheshire tonight, I dont know i'm born:rofl:

Tazmanian Devil
4th-December-2005, 02:35 AM
Thank you to all for the lovely dances Friday I will have to try and get up there again.

Message to dwyane via Carla me and Dee still need a cold shower after dancing with you:drool
Will let Dwain know tomorrow, I am sure he will be pleased. :D If you fancy dancing with him sometime soon come to Greenwich party night 29th December, we will be there. :wink:

Thank you to Franko for putting on a great night!!:clap:
:yeah: :yeah:

Missy D
4th-December-2005, 01:17 PM
Will let Dwain know tomorrow, I am sure he will be pleased. :D If you fancy dancing with him sometime soon come to Greenwich party night 29th December, we will be there. :wink:

I booked my ticket earlier this week!!:clap:

Did I meet you fri?

Ballroom queen
4th-December-2005, 01:34 PM
But did everything work fine for years? Not having been to Ealing for ages, I don't particularly want to throw stones, but I have to point out that when I was a regular Hipsterite, turning up to find the main hall was occupied by another event and the only option was an incredibly cramped subsiduary room was not a particularly rare occurrence.

I'm sure Franco does his best, but the council's attitude always seemed to be

"of course you can use the hall - unless there's anything else going on, in which case we reserve the right to turf you out on a moment's notice".
Whether this situation is reasonable is a valid question IMHO. :flower:

IMHO its never been a license problem before just other people taking the main hall, and Franco would always have another hall.

Did I mention? It took me 5 minutes to drive there and I had a fantastic time. Loved watching people Balboa to JA, and giggled at people trying to ceroc to them:rofl: :rofl:

J&S were great performers - yes, they probably can't do Lindy lead and follow, but I'd like to see some of you lot do a routinue like that after one week of teaching - I know I can't do those lifts. And ok Nigel and Nina are better - but who cares.

And its nice to have a chance to speak to people while the band are on!!!! Its not all about dancing (is it???)

Ballroom queen
4th-December-2005, 01:35 PM
It's exactly the same in other circumstances -- do you blame the power-supply cord manufacturer when your X-box sets itself on fire -- or do you blame Microsoft for choosing them, and giving them the contract to supply?

So, if an event has problems for whatever reason -- venue, staff, whatever -- then it's the organiser's fault for choosing them. If the fault isn't rectified in a timely manner then that is the organiser's fault for either not being on site, or not having sufficiently senior staff on site to solve the problem.

It doesn't mean that I don't have sympathy that the problem occurs -- but I have a choice (and future choice) -- I generally choose to buy products which seem to have fewer problems.

SpinDr

get a life, nobody died

spindr
4th-December-2005, 01:46 PM
get a life, nobody died
Sounds like it was a close call though -- http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/11/23/xbox_blaze/

SpinDr

dee
4th-December-2005, 02:24 PM

I have to say it once again I had a great night!!:clap: :clap:

Although I didnt get to dance with Paul F:tears:

I have yet to have Paul F on the floor :yum: maybe next time eh?

I had the best time ever :clap: was fab fab fab :clap: was so nice to hear the Jive Aces had slowed their set down so i found myself dancing to most of their tracks. Was really great to meet them and have a dance, i had a little lesson how to dance to their music too which was good fun :worthy:

I laughed so much i still have a sore throat, Witty i love you, you are so great :hug: was also great to see sexy S38 :drool:

Thanks Franco for such a fab evening :flower: it's made me want to come back for more :hug:

stewart38
4th-December-2005, 04:00 PM

Of course NOTHING is going to go wrong on New Years eve. :clap:

WittyBird
4th-December-2005, 04:44 PM
I was looking forward to the party at Wittybirds House, next time.:cheers:

Shame you missed it! It was great lots of laughs, lots of dancing etc.... :grin:

dee
4th-December-2005, 04:58 PM
Shame you missed it! It was great lots of laughs, lots of dancing etc.... :grin:

Oh yeah was really great!! :clap:

Specially like the strip tease dance S38 did :rofl:

Stew you have some nerve :rofl: :drool: baubles will never look the same again:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WittyBird
4th-December-2005, 05:04 PM
Oh yeah was really great!! :clap:

Specially like the strip tease dance S38 did :rofl:

Stew you have some nerve :rofl: :drool: baubles will never look the same again:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Luckily I missed that bit... I was sat on the naughty step

fletch
4th-December-2005, 05:30 PM

NO!!!!!! don't tell me I went home when I could have partied a bit more:wink:

It would'n have been the same without me:waycool: :wink:

Liar, liar, pants on fire:rofl:

and stew stripping, that new figure has given you more confidence:drool:

Paul F
4th-December-2005, 07:27 PM

I have yet to have Paul F on the floor :yum: maybe next time eh?

Its strange that as I usually manage to get through plenty of ladies in 3/4 hours :whistle:

:blush: :nice:

Missy D
4th-December-2005, 08:55 PM
Its strange that as I usually manage to get through plenty of ladies in 3/4 hours :whistle:

:blush: :nice:

I didnt get a look in either Dee:tears: Next time Paul I shall put a sticker on you reserving the next dance.

Hammersmith sat?

Paul F
4th-December-2005, 11:18 PM
I didnt get a look in either Dee:tears: Next time Paul I shall put a sticker on you reserving the next dance.

Hammersmith sat?

'fraid not :( . Im down at the red+black ball in Bristol.
Well, i think its Bristol.

Missy D
4th-December-2005, 11:23 PM
'fraid not :( . Im down at the red+black ball in Bristol.
Well, i think its Bristol.

Ashtons 16th?:)

WittyBird
5th-December-2005, 01:07 AM
and stew stripping, that new figure has given you more confidence:drool:

How has S38 stripping given me more confidence :what:
Contrary to popular belief I am in no way having a relationship with S38 :innocent:

Tazmanian Devil
5th-December-2005, 02:07 AM
I booked my ticket earlier this week!!:clap:

Did I meet you fri?
Quite possibly if not I will get Dwain to introduce us at greenwich and we will have a dance. Is your sister coming to? :flower:

WittyBird
5th-December-2005, 02:14 AM
Quite possibly if not I will get Dwain to introduce us at greenwich and we will have a dance. Is your sister coming to? :flower:
:worthy: I now know who you are and will happily do some intro's :whistle:

Tazmanian Devil
5th-December-2005, 02:18 AM
:worthy: I now know who you are and will happily do some intro's :whistle:
Have we met? More importantly have we danced?:flower: :kiss: :hug:

WittyBird
5th-December-2005, 02:21 AM
Have we met? More importantly have we danced?:flower: :kiss: :hug:

Yes we have met... no we haven't danced :tears: from what I have seen you are a better lead than most men :D

Tazmanian Devil
5th-December-2005, 02:30 AM
Yes we have met... no we haven't danced :tears: from what I have seen you are a better lead than most men :D
Dont know about that but thank you :worthy: Please grab me for a dance on the 29th :kiss: :hug:

dee
5th-December-2005, 09:55 AM

I don't have a ticket for the 29th so i won't be going :tears:

TiggsTours
5th-December-2005, 10:38 AM

SpinDr
Franco has been using Ealing Town Hall for at least 10 years now, and this sort of problem has never occurred before, I think you are being extremely unfair on him in this situation. Franco & Nigel spent alot of time down the police station doing all they could in an extremely difficult situation to get things back up and running, and knowing how beurocratic red tape can be, I think they did amazingly well to get things up and going. They could easily have done what the salsa group did and just cancelled the event, and left hundreds of people stranded for the night.

I spoke to Franco & JB during the night, and they were still stressed over the whole thing at the end of the evening, but if anyone had turned up at 10 o'clock (alot of people do) they would never have guessed for one moment that anything had gone wrong! It was one of the best dance nights ever, the atmosphere was amazing, the music was superb, and I say its all credit to the Hipsters crew, and their detirmination, that we all had such a fab night!

You had a choice when you arrived, stand in a cold windy foyer complaining, or make the best of a bad deal and, like so many of us did, go to the pub for a bit of light socialising until the situation was sorted out, and have a truly superb night!

Thank you Hipsters crew for making it happen! :worthy:

fletch
5th-December-2005, 10:52 AM
How has S38 stripping given me more confidence :what:
Contrary to popular belief I am in no way having a relationship with S38 :innocent:
Not you, S38, probably me making a hash of the post (again):blush:

You and Stew hey! I missed that one:whistle:

:rofl:

Cruella
5th-December-2005, 10:54 AM
Well i got to meet Dwain at Greenwich, had a fab dance with him. He obviously uses the same hairdresser as me too.:rofl: But i didn't get to meet you Taz. Maybe next time.:flower:

Paul F
5th-December-2005, 10:54 AM

Just want to second that sentiment. As someone who has had a hand in setting up freestyle nights and the hours of pre and post event time that it takes I want to say thankyou to Franco, Nigel, Nina, JB and all the Hipsters lot for sorting it out.
Its one thing exerting yourself to correct a problem of your own doing but when you have to correct the problem caused by someone else, as in this case, it is a truly remarkable effort.

Thanks everyone. :cheers:

stewart38
5th-December-2005, 11:08 AM
Franco has been using Ealing Town Hall for at least 10 years now, and this sort of problem has never occurred before, I think you are being extremely unfair on him in this situation. Franco & Nigel spent alot of time down the police station doing all they could in an extremely difficult situation to get things back up and running, and knowing how beurocratic red tape can be, I think they did amazingly well to get things up and going. They could easily have done what the salsa group did and just cancelled the event, and left hundreds of people stranded for the night.

I spoke to Franco & JB during the night, and they were still stressed over the whole thing at the end of the evening, but if anyone had turned up at 10 o'clock (alot of people do) they would never have guessed for one moment that anything had gone wrong! It was one of the best dance nights ever, the atmosphere was amazing, the music was superb, and I say its all credit to the Hipsters crew, and their detirmination, that we all had such a fab night!

You had a choice when you arrived, stand in a cold windy foyer complaining, or make the best of a bad deal and, like so many of us did, go to the pub for a bit of light socialising until the situation was sorted out, and have a truly superb night!

I think a e-mail would have been nice explaining the above and then we could all go :hug: :flower:

some of us did have an added 60 miles to our journey

It was a fab night

TiggsTours
5th-December-2005, 11:19 AM
I think a e-mail would have been nice explaining the above and then we could all go :hug: :flower:

some of us did have an added 60 miles to our journey

It was a fab night
I'm quite sure that if Franco had received enough notice, there would have been one, but seeing as they only found out after they'd arrived & started setting up, when an official turned up and locked the door, with their equipment still inside, it wasn't really possible.

stewart38
5th-December-2005, 11:32 AM
I'm quite sure that if Franco had received enough notice, there would have been one, but seeing as they only found out after they'd arrived & started setting up, when an official turned up and locked the door, with their equipment still inside, it wasn't really possible.

I meant on sunday or monday explaining the above

we were told at 8.30 its was cancelled , driving 30 miles back home we were then told it was on and drove all the way back

Its no big deal now

David Bailey
5th-December-2005, 11:55 AM
Decisions decisions... OK, I'll take the complaining option, then, definitely more my style :)

Seriously, it sounds like just one of those things - blame the Government for all this licensing law hassle, if you want, or Ealing Council for incompetence, but not Franco.

By all means, blame him for other things (:) ), but in this case, it sounds like he did a fine job in difficult circumstances.

stewart38
5th-December-2005, 12:05 PM
Decisions decisions... OK, I'll take the complaining option, then, definitely more my style :)

Seriously, it sounds like just one of those things - blame the Government for all this licensing law hassle, if you want, or Ealing Council for incompetence, but not Franco.

By all means, blame him for other things (:) ), but in this case, it sounds like he did a fine job in difficult circumstances.

yes we all know it wasnt Franco fault (on the forum anyway) and we all love him :flower:

Lifes to short but to be fair Ive written a 17page letter to Ealing Town Hall ?council for their view, hope to set up a web site soon on this matter :grin:

CeeCee
5th-December-2005, 12:07 PM
Well all I can say is that (from a purely selfish point of view) this is one of the saddest threads I've ever read.

After telling a few people at the Casbah that I was off to Ealing afterwards I assumed they were teasing when they told me it was closed. Particularly as they'd told me not to bother, however, I was determined and had a change of clothing and everything.

I had to believe them when people arrived after they'd gone to Hipsters and found it cancelled. Text messages from friends who had gone home after finding Ealing closed meant that my dancing fix was cut short on Friday night.

I was close to tears on Saturday morning when I found out that it went ahead after all and turned out to be a great night.

Oh great sadness...

WittyBird
5th-December-2005, 01:16 PM
Lifes to short but to be fair Ive written a 17page letter to Ealing Town Hall ?council for their view, hope to set up a web site soon on this matter :grin:

Sure you have :rolleyes:

Dirty D
11th-January-2006, 01:32 PM
Well i got to meet Dwain at Greenwich, had a fab dance with him. He obviously uses the same hairdresser as me too.:rofl: But i didn't get to meet you Taz. Maybe next time.:flower:
No that wasn't a hairdresser that done my hair, i had a horrific fight with a bottle of domestos. I lost! It was good to meet you too Cruella, Looking forward to many more great dances.