PDA

View Full Version : Next potential Flash mob

CJ
1st-December-2005, 02:35 AM
Is a little silly but a cool as Idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

http://dl.keepsanejokes.com/m/11-27-2005/banned_xbox_commercial.wmv

ducasi
1st-December-2005, 08:57 AM
All I get is the audio – even though I've got WMV 9, it doesn't want to show the video... :confused:

Tessalicious
1st-December-2005, 10:51 AM
Is a little silly but a cool as Idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

http://dl.keepsanejokes.com/m/11-27-2005/banned_xbox_commercial.wmv Very cool, except for one small fact - if you did that in any public place in London or any other big city at the moment, you'd get shot by the police, and quite justifiably.

Maybe there could be a fantasy RPG/Harry Potter version - instead of guns, staves and wands and silly incantations...

Dreadful Scathe
1st-December-2005, 12:47 PM
Very cool, except for one small fact - if you did that in any public place in London or any other big city at the moment, you'd get shot by the police, and quite justifiably.

What ? Justifiably shot for brandishing your fingers in public? Mind you I suppose if a man can be shot for brandishing a warm jacket and a metro on the underground that makes sense.

TiggsTours
1st-December-2005, 01:16 PM
All I get is the audio – even though I've got WMV 9, it doesn't want to show the video... :confused:
We should get together, all I get is the video, without the audio! Very funny though.

Tessalicious
1st-December-2005, 05:02 PM
What ? Justifiably shot for brandishing your fingers in public? Mind you I suppose if a man can be shot for brandishing a warm jacket and a metro on the underground that makes sense.I only meant justifiably because, particularly in the current climate of awareness bordering on paranoia, many people who couldn't see that you didn't actually have a gun might panic, and in terror situations the panic seems to cause almost as much disruption as the event itself. Also, a policeman, on observing an individual in a public place carrying this out would have more justification for trying to act quickly to ensure that no civilians come to harm than in the case you're referring to. But that's an argument for another thread, which I have too much work to do to Harperlink to right now.

Point is, presenting an offensive finger or two could easily be perceived as more sinister than it is - or else that video wouldn't work as an ad, now would it?.

Dreadful Scathe
1st-December-2005, 05:55 PM
There isnt anything sinister in that advert at all - its a game, and everyone seems to know the rules - this seems to demonstrate a fun, friendly society that I dont recognise as ours and I wish I lived in it.

Theres nothing justifiable about the police killing an unarmed person.

CJ
5th-December-2005, 01:53 PM
Point is, presenting an offensive finger or two could easily be perceived as more sinister than it is - or else that video wouldn't work as an ad, now would it?.

*gives Tessalicious 2 fingured salute and sticks tongue out*:devil:

Now, call me sinister...:whistle: