PDA

View Full Version : Women over 30

WittyBird
26th-November-2005, 09:13 PM
Just had this emailed to me and thought I would share it as it made me :rofl:
How true though:rolleyes:

Here is a piece written by Andy Rooney - CBS 60 Minutes.

As I grow in age, I value women who are over 30 most of all. Here are just a few reasons why:

A woman over 30 will not lay next to you in bed and ask, "What are you thinking?" She doesn't care what you think.

If a woman over 30 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And, it's usually something more interesting.

A woman over 30 knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of 30 give a damn what you might think about her or what she's doing.

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get
away with it.

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it's like to be unappreciated.

A woman over 30 has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn't trust the guy with other women. Women over 30 couldn't care less if you're attracted to her friends because she knows her friends won't betray her.

Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 30. They always know.

A woman over 30 looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not true of younger women or drag queens.

Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 30 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.

Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if you are a jerk or if you are acting like one! You don't ever have to wonder where your stand with her.

Yes, we praise women over 30 for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed hot woman of 30+, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of
himself with some 22-year-old waitress.

Ladies, I apologize. For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free."

Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why?
Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire pig, just to get a little sausage.

philsmove
26th-November-2005, 09:43 PM
Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get
away with it.
too true:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Heather
27th-November-2005, 10:55 AM
:rofl: This is brilliant!! Thanks for posting this. I'm printing out a copy to pin up in my staffroom to share with all the other 'over thirties' !!!!
Unfortunately, most men still go for the twenty something, long haired stick insect types !!!
:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
xx

Bill
27th-November-2005, 02:28 PM
:rofl: Unfortunately, most men still go for the twenty something, long haired stick insect types !!!
:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
xx

Not sure that's strictly true Heather. I'm pretty sure most men prefer women with a more 'womanly' figure and judging from the report this week it sems that almost half the female population have rectangular figures these days.

Maybe the fact that many young girls are very thin means that many young men think that is the norm!?? Nothing against women who are thin but aren't women meant to have curves????:blush: :whistle:

WittyBird
27th-November-2005, 03:28 PM
Nothing against women who are thin but aren't women meant to have curves????:blush: :whistle:

I have to agree with that. But don't we all want to be thin I know I do!
Recently I saw a very pretty female dancing but she looked ill and as though she was about to snap, she didn't look well at all. Now even I dont want to be that thin.:mad:

fletch
27th-November-2005, 07:05 PM
Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire pig, just to get a little sausage.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

robd
27th-November-2005, 08:40 PM
My favouritest dance partners tend to be (well) over 30. Not sure why, our styles just seem to click more than with younger girls.

Little Monkey
27th-November-2005, 08:58 PM
Nothing against women who are thin but aren't women meant to have curves????:blush: :whistle:

:clap: Woo-hooo! :clap:

A Curvy Little Monkey:flower:

MartinHarper
28th-November-2005, 11:27 AM
I'm pretty sure most men prefer women with a more 'womanly' figure

There's been research and stuff. It turns out that the ideal female body shape, as perceived by women, is thinner than the ideal female body shape, as perceived by men. Here's one paper, by way of example.
http://www.prevos.net/ola/body_image.pdf

One hypothesis is that women are mislead about what men find attractive by the media. Thus, as they starve themselves to death in an attempt to look more attractive to potential mates, their efforts are tragically counter-productive. Another hypothesis is that women's ideal body image is determined largely by their desire to look attractive to other women, rather than to men.

Tessalicious
28th-November-2005, 01:06 PM
...stuffAm I the only woman under 30 who wanted to hide under the desk for the next 9 years after reading that? :tears:

It's not how old you are that gives you those characteristics, it's how you view yourself - I know plenty of 20-somethings that fit that description better than plenty of 30-, 40-, or even 50-somethings I know. Women of any age can be as attractive/sexy as they believe they are, as dependent or independent as they want to be, and as dignified, self-assured, generous, honest and intuitive (if not psychic) as their natural personality and previous experience allow. Some girls are bullied young and take time to allow their true confidence to come back, others are treated badly during their 20s, 30s or later so lose confidence as they get older - it's impossible to generalise about what those personalities and experiences are for everyone. Biased generalisation like this is seriously counterproductive, both for any women over 30 who feel they haven't reached those dizzy heights of attitude perfection, and for younger women who feel like we're being told 'You can't be this until you turn 30'.

KatieR
28th-November-2005, 01:25 PM
One hypothesis is that women are mislead about what men find attractive by the media. Thus, as they starve themselves to death in an attempt to look more attractive to potential mates, their efforts are tragically counter-productive.

This may be true, but I do find it a little hard to believe- guys dont really go for the stick insect, but actually like a few curves.. I dont see anyone beating my door down...

I look around me and all the married women and ladies in relationships are all the pretty, tall, thin, attractive women while those of us less well endowed struggle to just find a guy that doesnt have psychopathic tendencies (my opinion anyway)

WittyBird
28th-November-2005, 01:35 PM
struggle to just find a guy that doesnt have psychopathic tendencies
:rofl: true they don't exist

azande
28th-November-2005, 01:38 PM
:rofl: true they don't exist
And I'd bet you believe every woman is free of psychopathic tendencies... :wink:

WittyBird
28th-November-2005, 01:40 PM
And I'd bet you believe every woman is free of psychopathic tendencies... :wink:
nope not at all I have a few myself *evil laugh*

CJ
28th-November-2005, 01:45 PM
So, if I understand this thread correctly:

All men who don't date/marry good looking thin women have psychopathic tendencies.

Women:
Over 30 good
Under 30 bad.
One caveat: great t!ts.

Anything I've missed?:rofl:

KatieR
28th-November-2005, 01:52 PM
So, if I understand this thread correctly:
All men who don't date/marry good looking thin women have psychopathic tendencies.
:

Its not set in stone.. im sure there are some lovely single men out there, who's psychopathic tendencies are minimal, but I can guarantee that they wont be interested in me. I mean, Im fast approaching my mid 30s, and the closest ive come to marriage was a violent, self absorbed, sociopathic bully that cant make up his mind.

stewart38
28th-November-2005, 02:05 PM
Its not set in stone.. im sure there are some lovely single men out there, who's psychopathic tendencies are minimal, but I can guarantee that they wont be interested in me. I mean, Im fast approaching my mid 30s, and the closest ive come to marriage was a violent, self absorbed, sociopathic bully that cant make up his mind.

I did i called it off :sad:

Chicklet
28th-November-2005, 02:24 PM
Women:
Over 30 good
Under 30 bad.
One caveat: great t!ts.

Anything I've missed?:rofl:
they don't even have to be that great, "well presented" counts for a lot.:na:

CJ
28th-November-2005, 02:29 PM
they don't even have to be that great, "well presented" counts for a lot.:na:

Is that different from oft presented?!?

Chicklet
28th-November-2005, 02:31 PM
Is that different from oft presented?!?
In the flesh it is..

latinlover
28th-November-2005, 02:36 PM
There's been research and stuff. It turns out that the ideal female body shape, as perceived by women, is thinner than the ideal female body shape, as perceived by men. Here's one paper, by way of example.
http://www.prevos.net/ola/body_image.pdf

One hypothesis is that women are mislead about what men find attractive by the media. Thus, as they starve themselves to death in an attempt to look more attractive to potential mates, their efforts are tragically counter-productive. Another hypothesis is that women's ideal body image is determined largely by their desire to look attractive to other women, rather than to men.

My pet theory is that many media stylists are gay men, and that their notion of what is attractive to a man is more in line with their own tastes . (waits to be flamed for a shameless generalization)
Therefore the images presented in the press & media run more along the androgynous line than your average lady actually is!
give me curves every time!

jacksondonut
28th-November-2005, 04:49 PM
Just had this emailed to me and thought I would share it as it made me :rofl:
How true though:rolleyes:

Here is a piece written by Andy Rooney - CBS 60 Minutes.

As I grow in age, I value women who are over 30 most of all. Here are just a few reasons why:

A woman over 30 will not lay next to you in bed and ask, "What are you thinking?" She doesn't care what you think.

If a woman over 30 doesn't want to watch the game, she doesn't sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do. And, it's usually something more interesting.

A woman over 30 knows herself well enough to be assured in who she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few women past the age of 30 give a damn what you might think about her or what she's doing.

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get
away with it.

Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it's like to be unappreciated.

A woman over 30 has the self-assurance to introduce you to her women friends. A younger woman with a man will often ignore even her best friend because she doesn't trust the guy with other women. Women over 30 couldn't care less if you're attracted to her friends because she knows her friends won't betray her.

Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 30. They always know.

A woman over 30 looks good wearing bright red lipstick. This is not true of younger women or drag queens.

Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 30 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.

Older women are forthright and honest. They'll tell you right off if you are a jerk or if you are acting like one! You don't ever have to wonder where your stand with her.

Yes, we praise women over 30 for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed hot woman of 30+, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of
himself with some 22-year-old waitress.

Ladies, I apologize. For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free."

HEAR! HEAR! :clap: :clap: :clap: aint that the truth... :rofl:

senorita
8th-December-2005, 10:14 AM
just came across this post....
SHEESHHHhhhh....SO true!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Cruella
8th-December-2005, 10:24 AM

Well the last time i wore bright red lipstick, Chris A told me i looked evil.:tears:

senorita
8th-December-2005, 10:33 AM
Well the last time i wore bright red lipstick, Chris A told me i looked evil.:tears:

This is not true at all!! :hug: He is probably jeolous! ;-P

PS I like your avatar! :whistle: :nice:

Cruella
8th-December-2005, 10:44 AM
This is not true at all!! :hug: He is probably jeolous! ;-PWell there must have been some truth in it as 10miutes later SF told me i was looking very Cruella like! Nothing wrong with living up to the reputation i suppose, SF does it often enough.:rofl:

PS I like your avatar! :whistle: :nice:
Yes some lovely forumite emailed it to me.:flower:

senorita
8th-December-2005, 10:52 AM
[QUOTE=Cruella]Well there must have been some truth in it as 10miutes later SF told me i was looking very Cruella like! Nothing wrong with living up to the reputation i suppose, SF does it often enough.:rofl:

:really: Hmmmmm :confused:

:rolleyes: Hmmmmm I wonder if those two need their eyes sorting out

ToeTrampler
8th-December-2005, 12:36 PM
Unfortunately, most men still go for the twenty something, long haired stick insect types !!!

I think that is true of most boys, but most men like real women.

senorita
8th-December-2005, 12:49 PM
I think that is true of most boys, but most men like real women.

Boys have fantasy's of the ficticious type,... long pins, tall, very thin, blonde hair, plastic looking, lots of makeup, silicone large boobs model type.

Men like the natural beauty look (very little makeup), curvy sexy hourglass shape... They want something to grab! But I might be wrong..

LordOfTheFiles
8th-December-2005, 01:16 PM
I am not convinved by this Andy Rooney character. it seems to me that he is just trying to say what he thinks women want to hear. probably in the hope that women then find him more attractive. I mean when you sit down and read it and actually think about what he wrote it sounds pretty much like a bunch of chat up lines stuck together.

WittyBird
8th-December-2005, 01:23 PM
I mean when you sit down and read it and actually think about what he wrote it sounds pretty much like a bunch of chat up lines stuck together.

did someone get out the wrong side of their bed this morning...
its just a bit of fun :what:

LordOfTheFiles
8th-December-2005, 01:26 PM
did someone get out the wrong side of their bed this morning...
its just a bit of fun :what:

My god really? I have been terribly misled then

WittyBird
8th-December-2005, 01:27 PM
My god really? I have been terribly misled then
Obviously :rofl:
go get coffee and pro plus :rolleyes:

LordOfTheFiles
8th-December-2005, 01:28 PM
Obviously :rofl:
go get coffee and pro plus :rolleyes:

Actually I was just off to get a larged breasted, leggy blonde, who obviously I don't fancy because that would just be MADNESS

WittyBird
8th-December-2005, 01:30 PM
Actually I was just off to get a larged breasted, leggy blonde, who obviously I don't fancy because that would just be MADNESS

:yeah: In this day and age I dont think you have to fancy them :rolleyes:
Im just about to find a tall dark Italian with a body to die for :innocent:

LordOfTheFiles
8th-December-2005, 01:33 PM

Perhaps he should be substantiially wealthy as well. With his own teeth

WittyBird
8th-December-2005, 01:34 PM
Perhaps he should be substantiially wealthy as well. With his own teeth

Own teeth do help..... not really interested in someones monetary wealth
but very interested in other forms of wealth :what:

LordOfTheFiles
8th-December-2005, 01:39 PM
Own teeth do help..... not really interested in someones monetary wealth
but very interested in other forms of wealth :what:

And what might that be???

WittyBird
8th-December-2005, 01:40 PM
And what might that be???

Personality mainly :whistle:

LordOfTheFiles
8th-December-2005, 01:41 PM
Personality mainly :whistle:

Ah yes that old chestnut. Where would dating be without that fallback??

WittyBird
8th-December-2005, 01:42 PM
Ah yes that old chestnut. Where would dating be without that fallback??

:yeah: whose talking about dating? :rolleyes:

LordOfTheFiles
8th-December-2005, 01:45 PM
:yeah: whose talking about dating? :rolleyes:

I was assuming that when you were "entertaining" you wouldn't be talking

WittyBird
8th-December-2005, 01:45 PM
I was assuming that when you were "entertaining" you wouldn't be talking

oh Im very entertaining :rolleyes:

LordOfTheFiles
8th-December-2005, 01:47 PM
oh Im very entertaining :rolleyes:

Stop now. You are not my type. You're probably over 30 for a start

WittyBird
8th-December-2005, 01:49 PM
Stop now. You are not my type. You're probably over 30 for a start

:rofl: you have an over inflated opinion of yourself :D

LMC
8th-December-2005, 01:50 PM
Well, duh - he's a guy :rolleyes:

LordOfTheFiles
8th-December-2005, 01:52 PM
Well, duh - he's a guy :rolleyes:

Well thank god you noticed that. it gets much easier from here on in

LordOfTheFiles
8th-December-2005, 01:52 PM
:rofl: you have an over inflated opinion of yourself :D

Oh good lord no. i think I am pond scum. it is other people that love me

dee
8th-December-2005, 02:01 PM

I wouldn't bother if i was you, i dumped my tall italian man with own teeth years ago and still get plaged by texts and calls.

Anyway i thought you loved me? :tears:

dee
8th-December-2005, 02:04 PM

So what time you coming over? :flower:

LordOfTheFiles
8th-December-2005, 02:06 PM
So what time you coming over? :flower:

Considering I have been plaguing you with texts for the past few months and you don't reply, I am not sure i should

WittyBird
8th-December-2005, 02:08 PM
Anyway i thought you loved me? :tears:

I thought that was our secret?