PDA

View Full Version : The Big Bang. 22nd April 2006

Cruella
26th-November-2005, 12:06 PM
This looks good, anyone thinking of going?
-- http://jiveaddiction.com/mambo/content/view/46// --

under par
26th-November-2005, 12:11 PM
This looks good, anyone thinking of going?
-- http://jiveaddiction.com/mambo/content/view/46// --

Count me and 'er in for it.:D

David Bailey
26th-November-2005, 12:44 PM
What is it? OK, yes, a day event, lots of classes - but apart from that, seems a bit sparse on this information thing... Unless I'm missing the "details here" button?

Lynn
26th-November-2005, 12:53 PM
Hmm, could be an option to add to my 'grand tour' idea for next spring...though I was thinking more of staying in an around the SE, and WSM is west isn't it? (embarrassingly big gaps in geographical knowledge showing :blush: and my maps are downstairs...)

DavidY
26th-November-2005, 12:55 PM
Unless I'm missing the "details here" button?Try here (http://jiveaddiction.com/mambo/content/view/52/54/).

The PDF of the booking form is here (http://jiveaddiction.com/mambo/dmdocuments/BigBang.pdf) (which is on this page (http://jiveaddiction.com/mambo/content/view/3/27/)).

jivecat
26th-November-2005, 12:58 PM
I wouldn't mind going, it'll be my birthday. Have they given any details of start and end times yet? And a detailed programme?

David Bailey
26th-November-2005, 01:07 PM
Try here (http://jiveaddiction.com/mambo/content/view/52/54/).
Which is a lovely picture, but shows no more information about what's being taught :sad:

And Lynn, I also dunno where Weston-Super-Mare is, you're not alone.

Lynn
26th-November-2005, 01:13 PM
And Lynn, I also dunno where Weston-Super-Mare is, you're not alone.Yeah, but have you got a geography degree? No matter that it was more about mortality rates in Hungary and the effect of hail on jet engines in airplanes (strange the things that you actually recall isn't it) people still expect me to know where places are!:blush:

I might try to go for near Easter anyway as its easier to get a more time off to really make the trip worthwhile. Darn, now I need to fetch my diary and my maps!:whistle:

philsmove
26th-November-2005, 01:26 PM
And Lynn, I also dunno where Weston-Super-Mare is, you're not alone.

It 20 miles south of Bristol (which is 100 miles west of London) and interestingly East of Edinburgh

The venue is superb big sprung floor in main ballroom

Lynn
26th-November-2005, 01:33 PM
It 20 miles south of Bristol (which is 100 miles west of London) I thought it was somewhere near Bristol. I could fly into Bristol, go to that, then get the train to London area (only vague plans at the moment so far no actual London plans as yet) and fly back from there...hmmm

clevedonboy
26th-November-2005, 02:29 PM
I thought it was somewhere near Bristol. I could fly into Bristol, go to that, then get the train to London area (only vague plans at the moment so far no actual London plans as yet) and fly back from there...hmmm

Would be nice to see you around here (it's only 9 miles from Clevedon)

Nothing on 21 or 23 April yet but I'm sure we could knock something together if there was any interest

Lory
26th-November-2005, 03:13 PM
I've never noticed this before....

Is there any accommodation (hotels) nearby? (just incase I can go :o )

clevedonboy
26th-November-2005, 03:29 PM
I've never noticed this before....

quite a few

http://www.smoothhound.co.uk/westonsu.html

philsmove
26th-November-2005, 04:23 PM

The winter gardens are on the sea front

lots of hotels in walking distance

Also very big multi story car park next door but check nighttime closing times

Cruella
26th-November-2005, 05:40 PM
Might be worth going just for the freestyle, 8pm till 2.30am! That's 6 1/2 hours, fantastic.:clap:

ElaineB
26th-November-2005, 06:28 PM
We are planning on going - it is only 25 minutes from where we live!!! Hurrah, no long haul travelling for a change!

Lots of hotels to choose from in fact there are two hotels all of a minutes walk from the venue. This is also where Le Roc 2000 hold the Championships and the winter ball is being held there next week! It is a superb venue!

Elaine

under par
28th-November-2005, 12:05 AM
Might be worth going just for the freestyle, 8pm till 2.30am! That's 6 1/2 hours, fantastic.:clap::yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Oh I cannot wait:wink: Di can you please mark me down for at least 5 dances:yum: :yum:

Rachel
29th-November-2005, 01:13 PM
We're definitely going. Really looking forward to it!

Funny, I spent all my childhood summers in WSM (my grandparents had a b&b thre) but have never been inside the Winter Gardens. Sounds like a lovely venue - is it the same place that the Leroc Champs are held?

Who's Gary McIntyre, anyone? Should be interesting to see ...

Rachel x

Paul F
29th-November-2005, 02:31 PM
Who's Gary McIntyre, anyone? Should be interesting to see ...

Rachel x

Gary McIntyre is a UCWDC 2005 Open Professional World Champion.
The guys knowledge of dance and movement is unlike anyone else I have come across in the dance scene. The championship isnt just one dance it is 8 :what:

Two Step
Waltz
Triple Two Step
Nightclub Two Step
Polka
East Coast Swing
West Coast Swing
Cha Cha

Gary and Lisa were ranked 1st in every one of the disciplines.

I must point out though that the waltz, chacha etc are not strictly what you expect of in terms of usual style you would find in this country.

He hails from Canada and is a really nice guy. If you get to see him in action I would strongly recommend it.

I would love to go to this big bang but it seems an awful long way for 1 day :rolleyes:

Rachel
29th-November-2005, 02:58 PM
.... I would love to go to this big bang but it seems an awful long way for 1 day :rolleyes: Thanks for the info!

Hey, it's not all that far for an addict like you. Besides, WSM is a brilliant place - pier, crazy golf, mad English on holiday ...
R. x

Cruella
31st-January-2006, 08:03 PM
I've managed to get a babysitter:clap: (hubby's going to be in the North Pole:sick: ) So can now go to this. Anyone else going?

Liz
1st-February-2006, 04:10 PM
[QUOTE=DavidJames]Which is a lovely picture, but shows no more information about what's being taught :sad:

Hi, with 18 classes to choose from during the day and the great teaching line-up they have...

Gary McIntyre
Nigel & Nina
Victor Andeke
Amir Giles
Adam & Tas
Nelson & Karen Rose
Roy Asagba & Yuko
Adam Maple & Hollie

...I'm sure there'll be something for everyone. JA usually send information about classes out a couple of weeks beforehand.

senorita
1st-February-2006, 04:14 PM
I've managed to get a babysitter:clap: (hubby's going to be in the North Pole:sick: ) So can now go to this. Anyone else going?

I would like to Join you if that is ok?? :innocent: :blush:

Cruella
1st-February-2006, 05:04 PM
I would like to Join you if that is ok?? :innocent: :blush:
Yeah cool, but i'm only going for the evening freestyle and staying overnight so would be good to have a roomie.:flower:

Lory
10th-April-2006, 09:56 PM
Does anyone have the details and timings of the workshops for this? :flower:

Cruella
10th-April-2006, 11:16 PM
Theres not any real info on the sight, i'm only doing the freestyle i'm afraid. So can't really help. Best bet is to ring Wes or John, their numbers are on the website.

Cruella
10th-April-2006, 11:35 PM
The workshops are running between 10.30am and 6.30pm, theres 18 of them! Freestyle 8.00pm - 2.30pm.

Does anyone know of any dancing in the area on the friday night? We are booked in to the hotel for both nights, but if nothings on then we'll do Ashtons and drive to WSM afterwards.

Simon
11th-April-2006, 05:00 PM
Does anyone know of any dancing in the area on the friday night? We are booked in to the hotel for both nights, but if nothings on then we'll do Ashtons and drive to WSM afterwards.There's nothing on in Bristol (or Weston Super Mare) on the Friday, the only reasonably local dances are Melksham (Ginger Jive, between Bath and Chippenham, 47 miles from WSM) and Cardiff (JiveMagic, it's partly a birthday dance for Jackie Robbins so should be a giggle, 53 miles from WSM and over the bridge!:what: ).

senorita
12th-April-2006, 10:22 AM
but if nothings on then we'll do Ashtons and drive to WSM afterwards.

LOCO chica :eek: :grin:

Cruella
12th-April-2006, 10:25 AM
LOCO chica :eek: :grin:
:rofl: I know but who needs sleep.:D

johnah
12th-April-2006, 02:24 PM
Does anyone have the details and timings of the workshops for this? :flower:

Subject to any last minute adjustments will probably run something like this across the 3 rooms:

10:30-11:30 Amir Giles Jango Part 1
Adam Maple Latino Jive
Nigel & Nina Ladies Style Class

12:00 -13:00 Gary McIntyre WCS Beginners
Viktor Smooth & Silky Salsa Jive
Roy & Yuko Up Close & Personal

13:30 - 14:30 Nigel & Nina Tricks, Dips & WOW
Nelson & Karen Advanced Jive
Adam & Tas Hip Hop Jive n Swing

15:00 - 16:00 Viktor Secrets of a Jive Master
Gary McIntyre WCS Improvers
Adam Maple Triples

16:30 - 17:30 Adam & Tas Funky RnB
Nigel & Nina Blues
Amir Giles Jango Part 2

18:00 - 19:00 Gary McIntyre The Polka
Roy & Yuko Smooth & Sassy JiveStyle
Nelson & Karen Jive Toolbox

Dancers will have the opportunity after each class to freestyle and practice the moves taught for 30 minutes prior to the next class beginning or, just chill out!!

Evening freestyle will commence at 8pm in the main Ballroom with a mix of Jive music [modern, latin, etc] and in the Blues Room, the relevant mix too.

Look forward to meeting up with a few Forumites in Weston. A few spaces available for Men.

www.jiveaddiction.com

Graham W
13th-April-2006, 12:52 PM
..looking forward to it.

G

johnah
13th-April-2006, 01:05 PM
..looking forward to it.

G

Forgot to mention in earlier posting, our DJs for Big Bang are:

Jon Brett
Roger Chin
Marc Forster
Rob Ambridge
Nelson Rose

:respect: :respect: :respect:

Excellent music-maestro's who will play a music-mix to blow your socks off!!

ElaineB
13th-April-2006, 09:47 PM
Can someone tell me more about Gary McIntre doing the Polka please?

Thanks

Elaine

PS Excellent line up.........now, which ones to do!

Northants Girly
18th-April-2006, 11:22 AM
only 5 days to go!

stewart38
18th-April-2006, 11:48 AM
Does anyone know of any dancing in the area on the friday night? We are booked in to the hotel for both nights, but if nothings on then we'll do Ashtons and drive to WSM afterwards.

I had the same idea, me follow you :grin:

Simon
18th-April-2006, 12:51 PM
Just a warning to all of coming from outside the West Country, there are major roadworks at the moment to the motorways around the M4/M5 intersection with a lot of 50 and 40 mph zones so you might need to allow a bit more time for your journey to Weston Super Mare if you're coming on these routes. :sad:

Simon

ElaineB
19th-April-2006, 07:32 PM
Just a warning to all of coming from outside the West Country, there are major roadworks at the moment to the motorways around the M4/M5 intersection with a lot of 50 and 40 mph zones so you might need to allow a bit more time for your journey to Weston Super Mare if you're coming on these routes. :sad:

Simon

Also, beware of taking the M32 into Bristol for a short cut out on the A38, the end of the M32, in Bristol itself, is having a make-over! :mad:

Elaine

philsmove
19th-April-2006, 10:24 PM
Does anyone know of any dancing in the area on the friday night?.

for Milongueros there is Tango West' in Bristol
Leroy:respect: is running a class before the Salon

http://www.tangowest.co.uk/salon.htm

Cruella
19th-April-2006, 10:51 PM
I had the same idea, me follow you :grin:
Only if you can keep up with me :whistle:

Graham W
20th-April-2006, 12:06 PM
Can someone tell me more about Gary McIntre doing the Polka please?

Thanks

Elaine

PS Excellent line up.........now, which ones to do!

Ethel will be happy to inform you, 3 polka medals to boot...

G ;-)

BobbyA
21st-April-2006, 10:05 AM
On workshop days like this why can't they get all the teachers at the start of the day to spend 15 mins or so to run through the routine they are going to teach of all the classes so people can see what they are going to learn and can plan accordingly.

Ok maybe it may take more than 15 mins if you allocate 1 min to each class.

It could be done in stages. 2 Sets of classes at a time. Only take about 6 mins. Its really annoying not knowing whether or not you've made the best choice for the class. Tho u usually feel that when you made the worst choice :)

ElaineB
23rd-April-2006, 12:19 PM
An excellent day and brilliantly run in a superb venue. We did the lessons and the evening dance and had a fantastic time. There a couple of new kids on the block from the Exeter area who are amazing - one in particular called Daniel (aged 16!) is one to watch out for - a Champ in the making!!

Had some superb dances in both the blues room and the main area..........will we go back again? Most definitely, yes, yes, yes!

The organisation was faultless, with 30 minutes between each workshop to allow you to practice or to chill or whatever. We were a bit gobsmacked at the price for the car park - it would have been over £20, however, the organisers had done a deal with the Council and we were able to park there for over 14 hours at a cost of £4.00. Lots of free water was available in all the workshop rooms, with further supplies dotted around the venue.

Lastly, the demo from Gary McIntyre, who is the Swing World Champion and his partner, was absolutely superb!

And thanks for the lovely :drool: dances Guys - you know who you are!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Elaine

Ickle Chick'n
23rd-April-2006, 03:30 PM
I second that, fab day! :clap: :clap: There was pleanty of room to move about, I like having the choice of 3 different classes at once and all in rooms with nice floors, not temporary flooring on carpet which I always find and trip over the joins in! (I think it's a special nack!)

Great line-up of teachers and again I think having the 30mins between classes was brilliant, bit of freestyling, practicing or much needed chilling if you had a late night Friday first! :sad:

There a couple of new kids on the block from the Exeter area who are amazing - one in particular called Daniel (aged 16!) is one to watch out for - a Champ in the making!!

Daniel is goreous, going to break a few hearts we reckon...he does do moves that can make me blush though, which at 16 is quite...scarey...:blush:

Thanks to all the lovely guys for my dances to and great to meet some more forumites!:flower:

Well done John and Wes (and team), cracking job.

ElaineB
23rd-April-2006, 07:30 PM
Daniel is goreous, going to break a few hearts we reckon...he does do moves that can make me blush though, which at 16 is quite...scarey...:blush:

That is exactly what I liked about him - he is not afraid! He will play about and he hears the music AND! he takes note of what his partner is doing. I danced with him and was soooo impressed at how he also changes his style.

I hope he can enter the South West Challange or the Best in the West soon, to get some experience of competing, as I truely believe that he 'has it'!

Elaine

Cruella
24th-April-2006, 08:48 AM
The drive from Ashtons at 2.30am to Weston Super Mare was tiring but so worth the effort. I didn't do any of the Workshops so can't really comment on them. However the freestyle on sat night was just one great dance after another. When we arrived we were a little concerned as the numbers were lower than expected. But as the evening went on it got busier, but not to the venues full capacity so plenty of room to dance. The floors were perfect. I spent the first couple of hours in the main room which was a lovely venue but i felt that the set up of the room, the raised seating area, made it less sociable. I enjoyed the WCS cabaret and actually wished it had been longer! I spent the rest of the evening in the blues room. Well i think it was a blues room? But the music certainly wasn't all blues!:rolleyes: I enjoyed it all the same. Although it went on till 2.40am, i still found there were some great men that i'd missed. :tears: But i also discovered some new ones, including young Daniel. Thanks for the recommendation Elaine. :wink:
I mentioned to Jon and Wes that maybe a freestyle on the friday evening next time would draw some more people in. As alot of people travelled some distance to get there it would be nice to make it more of a weekend. I'll definately be going again. :clap:

JonD
24th-April-2006, 01:46 PM
Big Bang was good. I did a couple of workshops which were great. I moved round in both the classes and enjoyed that. The smaller numbers made the workshops much more useful than the classes of epic proportions at weekenders.

It was good to do one of Viktor's classes in a reasonably sized room without hundreds and hundreds of people - I've only ever seen him teach at Camber and Bognor before. He is brilliant, the "Salsa Jive" class was excellent; challenging and fun and usable. I really enjoyed it.

I then did Nelson's "Advanced Jive" class which was good (declaration of interest: I'm one of Nelson's crew). Nelson has this great habit of putting together moves that you look at and think "well, that's easy" and then discover that illusion spins while moving aren't that simple or shoulder-roll chest slides are incredibly difficult (he gave me a few tips after the class that reduced my fear of elbowing my partner in the face). As for the basket tangle thing; I told him he was insane in the class but then suddenly discovered that it's quite a nice move once you've got the technique right. Certainly not easy though!

When I walked in for the freestyle I thought the night was going to be a bit flat because of the relatively small numbers but it turned out to be just right! There was lots of floorspace so you could really play and there were some great dancers to play with. I thought the acoustics in the main ballroom were pretty terrible though and actually got a bit of a headache after a while. The seating around the edge certainly didn't help the atmosphere but I'm happier with that than reducing the amount of dancefloor space. The "Blues Room" was great - John Brett's set was excellent and I had some really fab dances in there. My only regret was that my feet were really painful - I've got a corn that I really must get sorted out. It's never been that sore before and even a Compeed plaster didn't improve it. I was also a bit concerend to pace myself because we drove up to London early on Sunday morning for a 5 hour AT workshop. So, I missed out on dancing with Taz, ElaineB and loads of other fantastic dancers; it was very hard to drag myself away from such fabulous ladies when Mark was playing such brilliant music.

Daniel is good isn't he. It's hard to remember that he's only 16, not only because he dances so well but because he's such a generous spirited, charming young man. I'm pleased to be able to call him a friend.

Talking of good dances with complete strangers, I had a couple of dances in the Blues Room with a certain Kate from Rugby. She was great - it was a real treat to dance with her. I'd met her in the rotation in Nelson's class and am so glad I asked her onto the floor in the evening.

Lory
24th-April-2006, 03:23 PM
The floors were perfect.
:yeah: I agree, I think they were the best floors I've ever danced on! :drool:

I spent the first couple of hours in the main room which was a lovely venue but i felt that the set up of the room, the raised seating area, made it less sociable. Yes, I know what you mean, not so much not sociable but it was hard to ask and be asked to dance from the tables. especially as I hardly knew anyone. But it was very good from a spectating point of view. :na:

I enjoyed the WCS cabaret and actually wished it had been longer!
They were awesome! :respect: :worthy:

I think Marc should be re-named.. the Pied piper, it was as though he sucked everyone out of the main room with him as he left! :rofl:

The part I enjoyed most was seeing lot's of faces i've never seen before. Having lot's of space and a good variety of music, WCS, Tango, jive and blues was a real plus!

And on such a lovely day, the little pub/restaurant on the sea front down the road, which had 'happy hour' was a definite highlight! :cheers: :wink:

Cruella
24th-April-2006, 04:03 PM
:
And on such a lovely day, the little pub/restaurant on the sea front down the road, which had 'happy hour' was a definite highlight! :cheers: :wink:
That was the hotel we were staying at, it was lovely.

philsmove
24th-April-2006, 04:12 PM
A few notes on Weston Ballroom

I don’t think there is a problem with room’s acoustics; just the wick was turned up a tadge too high.

At sheriff’s event, the sound guy has his controls in the gallery. I guess this is so he can adjust the sound according the numbers on the floor

Normally there is seating and tabels on the floor, but this does not seem make finding a partner any easier. I find if I standing, on or near the steps works fine

It is the best floor I have ever danced on, and personally prefer it uncluttered

About midnight when most of you were in the blues room, a few of us had it all to ourselves:clap:

PS

It’s a great venue for a live band

johnah
24th-April-2006, 04:28 PM
To everyone who came to BIG BANG! Thank you. To those who didn't, well, you missed a great event!! The teachers were superb and the dancing was awesome, with some truly amazing individuals out on the floors.

The comments on this thread sum the event up quite well, and Wes & I listen to everyone on the Forum and elsewhere too. We had 297 dancers there last Saturday which was a good turnout considering Big Bang inadvertently clashed with a few other events taking place.

We will take on board all the comments we've had with a view to implementing what we can when we return to Weston-super-Mare on 19 August. The Winter Gardens is a superb dance venue, with fabulous dance floors and, we'll also see if we can host a freestyle on the Friday [18 August] too, as has been suggested by Cruella.

So, keep a look out for the latest info on the next Big Bang.

Look forward to seeing many of you at Southport in June, not long to go now before the UK's No.1 Jive Weekender!!!:cheers:

Zebra Woman
24th-April-2006, 04:41 PM
I was gutted to miss this. It just seemed way too far to drive for one night. I have written in 19th Aug so I won't miss the next one.

Any chance of setting up an accomodation package for the two nights John?

ZW

under par
24th-April-2006, 04:46 PM
Well Mrs Par and I made the short journey from Sussex to Weston for the evenings freestyle,(mrs Par worked Sat daytime:tears: ).

We were pleasantly suprised with the turn out in the west country, so many great dancers and teachers:respect: :respect: .

The dancefloor in the main hall was superb the blues room floor also very good.

Djs well when you have Nelson, Chinster, Marc and John Brett all pumping out their tunes you know its a good night ahead.

I danced the first 2 hours in the main room and had some great dances then after the caberet I danced mainly in the blues room where the bar was open late:yeah:

The Gary Macintire sp? caberet was awesome and a few hiccups with the music it didn't spoli what was an amazing performance.

I can't comment at all on the daytime events and classes but the evening appeared to be a great success.

Having so much space to dance in the main hall was so much fun no worries about floorcraft.

Equally the floorcraft in the smaller, busier blues room was very good.

John and Wes continue to attract the best lineups of teachers and Djs, getting them all together in one place attracts some great dancers leading to great nights dancing.

My personal preference for lots of freestyle was enhanced with 6 + hours of freestyle in both rooms:cheers: :cheers:

Lou
24th-April-2006, 04:58 PM
The comments on this thread sum the event up quite well,
I haven't commented here, but I did say how much I enjoyed the freestyle on the bristol forum. :)

good turnout considering Big Bang inadvertently clashed with a few other events taking place.......
... we return to Weston-super-Mare on 19 August. .
Oh no. You'll clash with another one of Sherif's workshop days & freestyle! :rolleyes: I'm going to dither & have to turn up late again! (I can't make such decisions, you know!)

jive-vee
24th-April-2006, 08:47 PM
Have to agree with everyone else, I thought the big bang was fantastic. Really enjoyed the classes I did - particulary Adam and Tas' hip hop n swing class, it was great fun. Everyone in the room had a smile on their face and the class seemed even to attract quite an audience as well as participants. I managed to grab a few dances with Adam at the freestyle which were good fun although I didn't get him for funky enough songs though. Enjoyed Nina's styling class, tried a couple more WCS sessions (still nowhere near good enough to freestyle it though) and some great dances with friends,strangers, teachers, and dancers of all levels and had a blast. Didn't manage to get a dance with Victor though but did watch him dance some pretty impressive moves - particularly with Taz who was fantastic to watch whoever she was dancing with!

The cabaret was fab, we were sat in the main room when Gary and Susan were practising the lift - wow, he's quite a strong guy - they made it lok effortless each time.

Ready for the next event now:clap: :clap: :clap:

johnah
25th-April-2006, 02:10 PM
I mentioned to Jon and Wes that maybe a freestyle on the friday evening next time would draw some more people in. As alot of people travelled some distance to get there it would be nice to make it more of a weekend. I'll definately be going again. :clap:

:respect:

We'll be back at Weston-super-Mare for BIG BANG II on Friday 18 and Saturday 19 August. With a freestyle on the Friday evening from 8pm to 2:30am and followed on the Saturday with classes during the day and freestyles in the evening. All this for just £49.

We're already assembling another superb line-up of teachers and DJs, details will be announced asap. Remember, August is high season so, if you plan to be there for the weekend, you need to book your accommodation asap.

Booking form will be on our site within next couple of days.

:cheers:

Cruella
25th-April-2006, 03:59 PM
We'll be back at Weston-super-Mare for BIG BANG II on Friday 18 and Saturday 19 August. With a freestyle on the Friday evening from 8pm to 2:30am and followed on the Saturday with classes during the day and freestyles in the evening. All this for just £49.

:clap: I think i love you :rofl:

under par
25th-April-2006, 05:28 PM
:clap: I think i love you :rofl:

And I thought I was the chosen one.....

Whats Johnah got I haven't??

No DON'T answer!!:blush:

Cruella
25th-April-2006, 05:32 PM

I love you too, you know that.:kiss:

Cornish Pixie
26th-April-2006, 12:27 PM
:respect:

We're already assembling another superb line-up of teachers and DJs, details will be announced asap. Remember, August is high season so, if you plan to be there for the weekend, you need to book your accommodation asap.

Booking form will be on our site within next couple of days.

:cheers:

Hats off to you guys, was a great weekend, was so happy that someone organised an event with such an amazing line-up of teachers and djs down my way for a change!

The atmosphere in the blues room was awesome, that was the highlight of the day for me, whilst dancing with yuko and doing nothing but the moves she'd taught that day :rofl: was also really fun:

Was gona suggest possibly having a t-dance on the sun as people would have a chance to recover from the day before but freestyle fri night sounds just as good!

Thanks to lory and Cruella,ickle chickn for the lovely dances

Elaine,gutted i missed you!

Hope i havnt missed anyone

xx

johnah
26th-April-2006, 12:33 PM

Hey UP, you got the lovely Mrs UP, so don't be greedy!!!:rofl:

See you at Southport and hopefully at BIG BANG II in August.:yeah:

BobbyA
26th-April-2006, 12:43 PM
have any photos been posted anywhere of the big bang event? if so where could i find them?