PDA

View Full Version : "ICE" the coolest dance in Town January 1st New Years Day

senorita
25th-November-2005, 03:19 PM
Apologies if there is a thread for this but...

Who is going??
And would someone like to car share??

David Bailey
25th-November-2005, 03:35 PM
Who is going??
Me. I'll probably still be grumpy though.

I can give you a lift from North Finchley to the venue if you want? :innocent:

Lee
25th-November-2005, 03:40 PM

Have you got the details?

senorita
25th-November-2005, 03:43 PM

Nooo dont be grumpy....OR else!!

That is very kind of you...yes plzzzz...and thankyou :hug: :worthy:
are you worried I may not turn up again....:D

senorita
25th-November-2005, 03:47 PM

Just invited Miss conduct and she seems very keen to come along...
hope now this encourages you to have a big cheesy grin on your little face :D

senorita
25th-November-2005, 03:52 PM
Have you got the details?

Now apologies for not mentioning the venue before
ICE will be held at All Saints Arts Centre, 122 Oakleigh Road North, Whetstone London N20 9EZ
"ICE" the coolest dance in Town January 1st New Years Day
Following in the success of last years Chill Out dance, we have had no choice but to run the event again. However due to the incredible demand last year we are making this years a ticket only event. Tickets will be £10 in advance. There will be a number of tickets reserved for door sales but these will be at £15.
Â
Of course there will be the brilliant Tez and Robin DJ team now probably the best DJ's on this planet.
Â
The evening will go on officially to 1am but we will try and extend this. However we cannot do this until the night itself.
Â
Tickets go on sale this week. Call 07768 005858 to pay by CC ( an admin fee applies) or visit any CerocMetro venue.
Â
This event does not need a chill out room, the whole venue is one big mellow, cool laid back how silky can it get room !!!

David Bailey
25th-November-2005, 03:59 PM
are you worried I may not turn up again....:D
Well, far be it from me to mention the need for a car... :whistle:

Lee
25th-November-2005, 05:37 PM
ICE will be held at All Saints Arts Centre, 122 Oakleigh Road North, Whetstone London N20 9EZ
Following in the success of last years Chill Out dance, we have had no choice but to run the event again. However due to the incredible demand last year we are making this years a ticket only event. Tickets will be £10 in advance. There will be a number of tickets reserved for door sales but these will be at £15.
Â
Of course there will be the brilliant Tez and Robin DJ team now probably the best DJ's on this planet.
Â
The evening will go on officially to 1am but we will try and extend this. However we cannot do this until the night itself.
Â
Tickets go on sale this week. Call 07768 005858 to pay by CC ( an admin fee applies) or visit any CerocMetro venue.
Â
This event does not need a chill out room, the whole venue is one big mellow, cool laid back how silky can it get room !!!

Merci Bucket

Missy D
25th-November-2005, 05:53 PM
Me and Dee will be there:clap: :clap:

WittyBird
25th-November-2005, 05:56 PM
Apologies if there is a thread for this but...

Who is going??

meet you at j8 if u like and i can drive will probably have jack dee in tow :D

Cruella
25th-November-2005, 06:31 PM
ZW and i are going too, so you'll have to chose who you're going to travel with now you've got all these offers!!

senorita
28th-November-2005, 10:01 AM
ZW and i are going too, so you'll have to chose who you're going to travel with now you've got all these offers!!

Zebra/spotty dog or a bird/jack dee or vic meldrew, zebra/spotty dog or a bird/jack dee or vic meldrew, zebra/spotty dog or a bird/jack dee or vic meldrew...
Ekkkk HELP!!!!!
cant choose ..me confused!!
cant we all go together..?? I like all of you too much,...and dont wanna say no to any of you ;-)

WittyBird
28th-November-2005, 10:05 AM
Zebra or a bird, zebra or a bird, zebra or a bird...
Ekkkk HELP!!!!!
cant choose ..me confused!!

difficult decision eh :whistle::rofl:

WittyBird
28th-November-2005, 10:12 AM
Ekkkk HELP!!!!!
Dont think Jack Dee is coming :eek:
By the way I may be going to Finchley tonite do you need a ticket picking up? I can give it you on Saturday then:whistle:

stewart38
28th-November-2005, 02:58 PM
Dont think Jack Dee is coming :eek:
By the way I may be going to Finchley tonite do you need a ticket picking up? I can give it you on Saturday then:whistle:

Jack Dee is an old man and he needs 'thinking time' and 'sitting on the fence time' .

Its only November, i might have been enuthenised by then :sad:

senorita
28th-November-2005, 03:52 PM
Jack Dee is an old man and he needs 'thinking time' and 'sitting on the fence time' .

No time for thinking time!! ...nor time for enuthenised (however you pronounce that :rofl:)
You are going with us if you like it or not....(is that assertive enough for you??) :grin:

dee
28th-November-2005, 05:08 PM

Come on Mr Dee you have to go, as i will be there :D with my lovely sis not unless you want to sit all our kids :flower:

stewart38
28th-November-2005, 05:48 PM
No time for thinking time!! ...nor time for enuthenised (however you pronounce that :rofl:)
You are going with us if you like it or not....(is that assertive enough for you??) :grin:

would that mean you turn down Cruella and ZW kind offer :whistle:

I wouldnt have to smile would I ? :what:

A women at berko last night said I has a very serious face , i said to here straight out ,so would you if you have run out of milk :yeah:

She grab me for two dances later so she cant think im all bad (she is non forum)

WittyBird
28th-November-2005, 05:51 PM

A women at berko last night said I has a very serious face , i said to here straight out ,so would you if you have run out of milk :yeah:

:rolleyes: :rofl: so funny

stewart38
28th-November-2005, 05:58 PM
:rolleyes: :rofl: so funny

that is a true story and i think its sarcastic and not that funny :sad:

WittyBird
28th-November-2005, 06:02 PM
that is a true story and i think its sarcastic and not that funny :sad:

that may be so but i still found it funny
now do you want me to get you a ticket tonite?

WittyBird
29th-November-2005, 09:33 AM

Right madam Your name is down for ICE no tickets yet but booked and paid for:waycool:

Missy D
29th-November-2005, 09:37 AM
Right madam Your name is down for ICE no tickets yet but booked and paid for:waycool:

And Dee if you are reading this the above applies to you young lady. Oh and we may have a new victim for that day! Lee!:rofl: :rofl:

WittyBird
29th-November-2005, 09:40 AM
Oh and we may have a new victim for that day! rofl: :rofl:

I saw you last night! did you get his number :worthy:

Missy D
29th-November-2005, 09:46 AM
I saw you last night! did you get his number :worthy:

There was definately no one I was interested in last night I can assure you that. I gave up most of my time helping 2 beginners as there were no taxi dancers to be seen. Have a look what I wrote in 'how would i change ceroc' section. I wouldnt be suprised if some of the men there had no pulse. My main reason for going last night was to collect tickets and to see you. Thus why i was only there for an hour. Music was good though:clap: :clap:

WittyBird
29th-November-2005, 09:49 AM
I wouldnt be suprised if some of the men there had no pulse. My main reason for going last night was to collect tickets and to see you. Thus why i was only there for an hour. Music was good though:clap: :clap:

You say the sweetest things bless you:flower:

yeah it was funny last night! I got told I couldnt do the beginners class as a man:whistle: wasnt impressed with that:blush:
But i did notice that the taxis got changed pretty quick and didnt stay and help:mad:

Missy D
29th-November-2005, 09:59 AM
You say the sweetest things bless you:flower:

yeah it was funny last night! I got told I couldnt do the beginners class as a man:whistle: wasnt impressed with that:blush:
But i did notice that the taxis got changed pretty quick and didnt stay and help:mad:

I am not paying to get into that venue again if I have to spend my evening teaching beginners. At one point I had 4 beginners asking me about bloody first moves and the octopus. And where was the taxis? or the teacher? Better end this now as i feel a rant coming on. Best stick to pms..

David Bailey
29th-November-2005, 10:37 AM
And where was the taxis? or the teacher?
Dunno about the taxis, maybe you scared them all off with your ranting? :innocent:

But the teacher was teaching another class until about 10.20pm, and didn't do freestyle with beginners because she still has a serious injury, I'm afraid, and doesn't want to aggravate it. Normally, she works the room like a trouper though.

senorita
29th-November-2005, 10:41 AM
would that mean you turn down Cruella and ZW kind offer :whistle:

She grab me for two dances later so she cant think im all bad (she is non forum)

If you had no milk.....So I take it you didnt invite her back for coffee etc etc :D

dee
29th-November-2005, 10:42 AM
And Dee if you are reading this the above applies to you young lady. Oh and we may have a new victim for that day! Lee!:rofl: :rofl:

Great!!!!! thanks :flower:

Will look forward to meeting Lee :innocent:

dee
29th-November-2005, 10:43 AM
If you had no milk.....So I take it you didnt invite her back for coffee etc etc :D

:rofl: :rofl:

senorita
29th-November-2005, 10:45 AM

OK mum! :D :innocent:

Missy D
29th-November-2005, 11:19 AM
Dunno about the taxis, maybe you scared them all off with your ranting? :innocent:

But the teacher was teaching another class until about 10.20pm, and didn't do freestyle with beginners because she still has a serious injury, I'm afraid, and doesn't want to aggravate it. Normally, she works the room like a trouper though.

I never rant whilst i am out dancing young man thank you very much. Even whilst attending to the beginners i never said a bad word about the taxis or the teacher and i never would. But a teacher with this "serious injury" managed to teach what the beginners lesson! the intermediate lesson! and a salsa. Come on! Is there not a rule that taxis and teachers are there to help beginners. Maybe there should be another night for this salsa lesson! That way there will be a full set of staff on the dance floor to help such people. Dont take this personal David!

dee
29th-November-2005, 11:31 AM

So if this teacher had a "serious" injury why did they not get someone else in? anyway, surely it couldn't of been that serious to have driven there, taught classes etc?. Good job you turned up sis you should mention it to this seriously injured person and get in free next time :flower:

Gets me thinking of a certain person not naming names that had a broken ankle then an hour later seeing him having fully recovered, after an hour, dancing his socks off :mad:

David Bailey
29th-November-2005, 11:36 AM
But a teacher with this "serious injury" managed to teach what the beginners lesson! the intermediate lesson! and a salsa.
Extemely cautiously, you'll note. Believe me, she's got a serious injury, and it's affected her for a couple of months now. ESG will confirm this. I certainly don't want to go into details - I don't even want to talk about it to this level - but as you've raised the subject publicly, I need to reply.

She can teach, and she does a very good job of doing so, but not freestyling. I wouldn't make this up, and I'm annoyed you think I would.

Come on! Is there not a rule that taxis and teachers are there to help beginners.
Taxis are there to help beginners, yes. And yes - teachers are there to help everyone, but there's a strong expectation under normal circumstances that they work the room, encouraging beginners etc.

Maybe there should be another night for this salsa lesson! That way there will be a full set of staff on the dance floor to help such people.
There's been a mini-class after the intermediates for about a year now, so it's not new to have an absent teacher at Finchley for the first part of the freestyle. Most people seem to think that having an extra free class for 20-30 people of both genders is better value than having the teacher dance individually with, say, 5-6 men.

But if you want to pay for salsa tuition I'm sure private lessons can be arranged :drool:

Dont take this personal David!
I'm afraid I have to, as she got said injury dancing with me - normally she's big enough to take criticism, but in this case it's ill-informed. :sad:

Gets me thinking of a certain person not naming names that had a broken ankle then an hour later seeing him having fully recovered, after an hour, dancing his socks off :mad:
Well, obviously he just didn't want to dance with you :rolleyes:

senorita
29th-November-2005, 11:44 AM
[QUOTE=DavidJames] I wouldn't make this up, and I'm annoyed you think I would.

Would you like me to make some popcorn??

Missy D
29th-November-2005, 12:01 PM
Back to what Mr James was saying - my computer wont let me highlight quotes.

David I am not trying to p..s you off here. I was clearly stating a fact that there were NO taxi dancers last night to help beginners. Ok I believe you that the said teacher has an injury but, I am not expecting her to show these poor chaps lifts etc just basic moves. I am saying that someone (not me) should have been there to help the beginners out. Whether you hurt the teacher is question or not you shouldnt feel bad or take responsibility (unless you meant to do it or course). There just needs to be changes and the sooner the better.

Maybe Ceroc should drop the price for beginngers if there is no one around. I know if I had been one of these men I would have asked for my money back or free entry next time. These men also asked where else they could go and learn properly apart from advise the workshops what am I supposed to say? Shall I mentions Ashtons to them? I didnt by the way!

WittyBird
29th-November-2005, 12:09 PM
Would you like me to make some popcorn??

Yes please

senorita
29th-November-2005, 12:13 PM
Yes please

salt or honey :D :whistle:

dee
29th-November-2005, 12:29 PM
Well, obviously he just didn't want to dance with you :rolleyes:

He never asked to dance with me as we were chatting outside, i later saw him dancing.

Seniorita can i have sweet popcorn please :drool: or toffee if you can make it :drool:

Tessalicious
29th-November-2005, 12:30 PM
I was clearly stating a fact that there were NO taxi dancers last night to help beginners. Ok I believe you that the said teacher has an injury but, I am not expecting her to show these poor chaps lifts etc just basic moves. I am saying that someone (not me) should have been there to help the beginners out.Just out of interest, would you prefer that said teacher danced with beginners for a night and got pulled around so much that it aggravated the injury and the venue in question had to get other teachers to cover the teaching slot as well for the next couple of months, or that she continues to teach a regular class but not to dance until recovered?

Given that most beginners are far too scared to dance with the teacher, and generally don't like being told anything about how to improve even by teachers or taxis, I don't think the way this is being done is unreasonable. I would agree that under the circumstances the taxis should be asked to stay on duty a bit longer, but that venue has twice the number of taxis that most venues have, so that ought to compensate. I didn't say does, I said ought - I know as well as anyone that most taxis conveniently forget the part of their responsibility that involves dancing with beginners after the review class, but even if they don't, that won't stop beginner men finding it much easier to ask a more advanced lady questions than asking the taxis - less pressure to understand the answer immediately I suppose.
These men also asked where else they could go and learn properly apart from advise the workshops what am I supposed to say?Exactly, that's what the workshops are for.

senorita
29th-November-2005, 12:46 PM
He never asked to dance with me as we were chatting outside, i later saw him dancing.

Seniorita can i have sweet popcorn please :drool: or toffee if you can make it :drool:

I can make anything for you!!
I am a professional in the kitchen :D

dee
29th-November-2005, 12:49 PM
I can make anything for you!!
I am a professional in the kitchen :D

Young lady thats the best offer i have had in years. What time are you coming over :flower:

Missy D
29th-November-2005, 05:33 PM
Just out of interest, would you prefer that said teacher danced with beginners for a night and got pulled around so much that it aggravated the injury and the venue in question had to get other teachers to cover the teaching slot as well for the next couple of months, or that she continues to teach a regular class but not to dance until recovered?

Given that most beginners are far too scared to dance with the teacher, and generally don't like being told anything about how to improve even by teachers or taxis, I don't think the way this is being done is unreasonable. I would agree that under the circumstances the taxis should be asked to stay on duty a bit longer, but that venue has twice the number of taxis that most venues have, so that ought to compensate. I didn't say does, I said ought - I know as well as anyone that most taxis conveniently forget the part of their responsibility that involves dancing with beginners after the review class, but even if they don't, that won't stop beginner men finding it much easier to ask a more advanced lady questions than asking the taxis - less pressure to understand the answer immediately I suppose.Exactly, that's what the workshops are for.

I just wanted there to be someone there that could help out with a couple of moves with these beginners. I can always find them at other venues but, last night there were none. I am not sure what time the lessons start or end at the venue all I know is that there were 3 lessons and no one during freestyle to ask advise. I am not saying that an injured teacher should further injure herself by dancing. Maybe whilst she is injured and cant help out then advise the taxis to help out a little longer.

Icey
29th-November-2005, 06:36 PM
Back to the topic of ICE :whistle:

Hopefully if LMC has booked/ordered me a ticket I'll be there :clap:

David Bailey
29th-November-2005, 08:20 PM
Hopefully if LMC has booked/ordered me a ticket I'll be there :clap:
She hasn't, being in the USA (slacker!), but I ordered two for her, on her strict instructions - I was wondering who the "plus one" was...

Gus
29th-November-2005, 08:44 PM
Of course there will be the brilliant Tez and Robin DJ team now probably the best DJ's on this planet.Maybe they should audition for Funky Lush then?;)

Zebra Woman
29th-November-2005, 09:01 PM
Any idea what the ticket limit is for ICE? How many can the venue comfortably hold?

I don't want to come down and find it's too crowded to dance.

ZW

David Bailey
29th-November-2005, 10:19 PM
Any idea what the ticket limit is for ICE? How many can the venue comfortably hold?

I don't want to come down and find it's too crowded to dance.

ZW
Blimey, it's only a little church hall, nothing fancy - you've been there haven't you? It's only getting panic-buying because there's literally nothing else on that day, and people just get stir-crazy then for some reason.

Oops :blush: - err, hold on, what I meant to say was:
it's a wonderful venue, best in the planet. As are the DJs. Wonderful people. Best music in the world. Ever. Anywhere.
There, I think I got away with that...

Normally, Mondays get, I dunno, maybe 150+ and it's quite comfortably busy, so I reckon it'd be crowded with any more than, say 250, even allowing for use of the side hall where some lovely-but-unappreciated people teach salsa classes. ( :tears: )

I heard there were 350 last year, and it was a scrum. So hopefully the numbers will be limited. But having said all that, I don't know anything about it, you'd best ask someone with actual, you know, information (Robin / Tezii / Adam). Assuming they're not holding their heads in their hands about this thread by now of course :whistle:

senorita
30th-November-2005, 10:04 AM
[QUOTE=DavidJames]
it's a wonderful venue, best in the planet. As are the DJs. Wonderful people. Best music in the world. Ever. Anywhere.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You should be a stand up comedian!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

cerocmetro
1st-December-2005, 04:08 AM
Blimey, it's only a little church hall, nothing fancy - you've been there haven't you? It's only getting panic-buying because there's literally nothing else on that day, and people just get stir-crazy then for some reason.

Normally, Mondays get, I dunno, maybe 150+ and it's quite comfortably busy, so I reckon it'd be crowded with any more than, say 250, even allowing for use of the side hall where some lovely-but-unappreciated people teach salsa classes. ( :tears: )

I heard there were 350 last year, and it was a scrum. So hopefully the numbers will be limited. But having said all that, I don't know anything about it, you'd best ask someone with actual, you know, information (Robin / Tezii / Adam). Assuming they're not holding their heads in their hands about this thread by now of course :whistle:

Hi All
I wish I had time to read all this thread, I will try later but it seems one big question is number of dancers.

Last year there were 300, that we know about, it was mad, great fun but mad.

This year, sorry next year (you know what I mean) we will limit by doing ticket sales. There will be 200 people Max.:flower: Utilising the back room for drinks and even more chillout music than the totally chilled out stuff that is already going to be played in the main hall, there should be no problem at all.

Tickets available at CerocMetro venues. or call 07768 005858 or 07956 646187

Adam :cheers:

Tezii
1st-December-2005, 10:03 AM
I just wanted there to be someone there that could help out with a couple of moves with these beginners. I can always find them at other venues but, last night there were none. I am not sure what time the lessons start or end at the venue all I know is that there were 3 lessons and no one during freestyle to ask advise. I am not saying that an injured teacher should further injure herself by dancing. Maybe whilst she is injured and cant help out then advise the taxis to help out a little longer.
Just HAVE to reply,(pms time again!)
>
> Ok, Missy D I can appreciate your comments as you have no background on
> what was going on - assumptions are there to be made. But firstly I have
> to agree with Tessalicious's explanation of events as she has often stood
> in as a male dancer in the classes and helped out always out of her own
> free will - so she knows how the night is run and it's GREAT:nice:
>
> We were in fact two taxi dancers short due to flu so only had 4 on the
> night. We always aim for 6 as we feel this is necessary as so many would
> be Cerocers start out at Finchley. The course of a monday evening includes
> a Beginners Review as well as a latin style class after the intermediate
> class. Taxis can stop their duties at 10pm being around for just 15
> minutes of the main freestyle. Most then go off to join in the latin syle
> as helpers. During the beginners freestyle they cater for beginners
> although some "just" intermediate dancers wish to dance with them for
> experience sake so the taxis do not refuse them. Just for info we also
> have two specific helpers in the intermediate class for those who have
> just joined this level.
>
> Personally, albeit a little frustrating, I would be well chuffed that
> people had the confidence and admiration to ask me to help them as that
> would mean something to me - after all, we all started out the same and to
> be honest I never had the confidence to ask a good dancer to help me when
I need help!! Much too scared now even after all these years !!! :o
>
> So to move to the most important part of my post: Missy D Would you like
> to taxi at Finchley as you seem to have the right "aura", body, looks :wink:
to help those in need. I would welcome you with open arms xx :hug:
>
> PS As to the teacher's injury, David has now publicly proclaimed his
> "guilt" so how much more is there to say? I will just add that chatting
> and mingling with your "pupils" is just as important and confident
> building as dancing - anyway, that's what the rest of us are there for,
> surely ...:hug:

Back on Topic: ICE the ONLY PLACE TO BE ON Jan 1ST !!! :wink:

Gus
1st-December-2005, 11:50 AM
This year, sorry next year (you know what I mean) we will limit by doing ticket sales. There will be 200 people Max.:flower:This seems to raise that whole issue of space v no. of dancers again. I KNOW that you Londoners like to be packed in like agraophobic battery hens, but 200 in such a small venue does seem a little close.:sick: To put it objectively, its less than half the size of Northwich venue and we had an absolute maximum of 240. Then again, as long as the punters turn up hey must be enjoying it.....

David Bailey
1st-December-2005, 01:50 PM
This seems to raise that whole issue of space v no. of dancers again. I KNOW that you Londoners like to be packed in like agraophobic battery hens,
Cluck.

but 200 in such a small venue does seem a little close.:sick: To put it objectively, its less than half the size of Northwich venue and we had an absolute maximum of 240. Then again, as long as the punters turn up hey must be enjoying it.....
I think 200 sounds about right - I'd imagine about 50 will be in the side room, or more if there's food there (!), so there'll be, what, 150 in the main room? That's about the same attendance as an average Monday night.

So, busy, yes, but not crushed - and presumably with this whole "chill out" thing, there may not be so many people on the floor. Admittedly I'd prefer a limit of maybe 150 for an optimal dance experience, but 200 should be OK.

It was well-crushed last year, though, :sick: not pleasant at all. Which is why making it ticket-only is probably a good idea. Male-female ratio-controlled ticket-only would be an even better idea :)

LMC
1st-December-2005, 08:56 PM
I shall be at ICE, and since DJ & Icey between them have ruined false-gossip potential.... yes, the "plus one" ticket was for you Icey :hug: - thanks for ordering 'em DJ

PS I'm between meetings in the office, and the sun is still shining :waycool:

Icey
1st-December-2005, 10:40 PM
I shall be at ICE, and since DJ & Icey between them have ruined false-gossip potential.... yes, the "plus one" ticket was for you Icey :hug: - thanks for ordering 'em DJ

Thanks Hun, it's gonna be a goodun! I'll have to make up some gossip instead then :na:

PS I'm between meetings in the office, and the sun is still shining :waycool:

Bog off. :flower:

stewart38
5th-December-2005, 03:15 PM
Â
Â
Â
Â

Im being thick here

Thought it was a day time thing, obvioulsy its a evening thing

when does it start ?

fletch
10th-December-2005, 03:11 AM
We are going:clap:

WittyBird
10th-December-2005, 11:15 AM
YAY :cheers:

David Bailey
10th-December-2005, 02:18 PM
That's the royal "we"? :na:

fletch
10th-December-2005, 03:51 PM
That's the royal "we"? :na:

Yes its the 'royal we' i'm not scottish and there is nothing small about me:wink: :rofl:

Northants Girly
29th-December-2005, 02:40 PM
Is anyone else still waiting for their tickets to arrive?

Or is it just me :tears:

Robin
29th-December-2005, 03:30 PM
Is anyone else still waiting for their tickets to arrive?

Or is it just me :tears:

Apparently they have all been sent out. Post is crap.

Don't worry if they haven't arrived, all the details of those that ordered and have been posted to will be on the door.

WittyBird
30th-December-2005, 03:21 PM
I have just re- read all this thread in the hope of finding out who is going.

I have a problem - there seems to be a lack of men :eek: Now I know Robin has mentioned that Tezi has kept the numbers even so I just wondered who was going.

Here is the list I have found so far.

Cruella
Zebra Woman
Miss Conduct
Fletch
Missy D
Dee
Northants Girly
Senorita - if recovered
Stewart38
DavidJames
LMC
Icey

Anyone else?

stewart38
30th-December-2005, 03:24 PM
I have just re- read all this thread in the hope of finding out who is going.

I have a problem - there seems to be a lack of men :eek: Now I know Robin has mentioned that Tezi has kept the numbers even so I just wondered who was going.

Here is the list I have found so far.

Cruella
Zebra Woman
Miss Conduct
Fletch
Missy D
Dee
Northants Girly
Senorita - if recovered
Stewart38
DavidJames
LMC
Icey

Anyone else?

I can add few extra women to that list

First 5 women rep me get an extra dance :wink:

fletch
30th-December-2005, 04:32 PM
Amanda
Lisa

Two of the awesome foursome that makes 3 of us Di is off skiing:waycool:

Old Bill (to look after me):rolleyes:

dee
30th-December-2005, 05:01 PM
Witty you forgot to add yourself :flower:

WittyBird
30th-December-2005, 05:02 PM
Witty you forgot to add yourself :flower:

Good point - thanks for that my lovely

WittyBird
30th-December-2005, 06:40 PM
I have just received a phone call from a friend that can't make it!
Anyone need a ticket?

Icey
30th-December-2005, 06:47 PM
Dizzy might want it - it might be an oppotunity for her to get her wayward shoe back
Who can't make it? Anyone we know?

Northants Girly
30th-December-2005, 06:49 PM
I have a problem - there seems to be a lack of men :eek:
I'm bringing Matt! :D

LMC
30th-December-2005, 06:54 PM
I have still not managed to borrow your Matt for a dance, please deliver him to me at some point? :flower:

WittyBird
30th-December-2005, 06:54 PM
Dizzy might want it - it might be an oppotunity for her to get her wayward shoe back
Who can't make it? Anyone we know?

Not sure hun - can you think of anyone?

Icey
30th-December-2005, 06:56 PM
Not sure hun - can you think of anyone?
What I meant was to whom did the ticket belong that can't make it anymore? Honestly.

WittyBird
30th-December-2005, 06:57 PM
What I meant was to whom did the ticket belong that can't make it anymore? Honestly.
Miss Sunshine

WittyBird
30th-December-2005, 07:05 PM
Tickets gone!

Icey
30th-December-2005, 07:09 PM
Tickets gone!
Where? :confused:

WittyBird
30th-December-2005, 07:10 PM
Where? :confused:

As if by Magic :rofl:

Icey
30th-December-2005, 07:14 PM
As if by Magic :rofl:
Couldn't resist it, sorry :blush: It's that Friday feeling :D

Robin
31st-December-2005, 01:21 AM
Ok guys , time to let rip .... please add musical requests now and we'll endeavour to play them - as long as the're sensible.

My I remind everyone that ICE is a chillout ... so a plethora of smooth grooves, blues,swing,latin etc *is* in order !

Icey
31st-December-2005, 02:58 AM
Hi Robin,

Please can I place a request for Tweet and Boogie2nite?

Robin
31st-December-2005, 03:12 AM
Hi Robin,

Please can I place a request for Tweet and Boogie2nite?

I assume you are talking album version - not remix ?

Icey
31st-December-2005, 03:16 AM
I assume you are talking album version - not remix ?
Now you're getting technical and I don't know :blush: . I heard Marc play it at Berko last week in his blues room and it was fab. I will trust your judgement :)

Robin
31st-December-2005, 03:21 AM
Now you're getting technical and I don't know :blush: . I heard Marc play it at Berko last week in his blues room and it was fab. I will trust your judgement :)

Blues room - must be the album version.
ok - NEXT !

LMC
31st-December-2005, 11:38 AM
Not particularly original, but :drool: :drool: :drool:

Whatever Lola Wants (Sarah Vaughn & Gotan Project) please

Robin
31st-December-2005, 11:47 AM
Not particularly original, but :drool: :drool: :drool:

Whatever Lola Wants (Sarah Vaughn & Gotan Project) please

Always...

Next!

stewart38
31st-December-2005, 11:48 AM
Ok guys , time to let rip .... please add musical requests now and we'll endeavour to play them - as long as the're sensible.

My I remind everyone that ICE is a chillout ... so a plethora of smooth grooves, blues,swing,latin etc *is* in order !

Show me the way to Amarillo , ZW too shy to ask

WittyBird
31st-December-2005, 11:51 AM
Next!

I would really like to hear

Sway & All that Jazz if at all possible at some point :drool:

Cruella
31st-December-2005, 11:51 AM
Wish i didn't miss you, Angie Stone

LMC
31st-December-2005, 11:55 AM
:yeah:

My Heart belongs to Daddy (was it the Ella Fitzgerald version you played at Cheshunt a few weeks ago? - great fun :D )

Robin
31st-December-2005, 01:59 PM
Show me the way to Amarillo , ZW too shy to ask

Really ? Didn't think shyness was one of ZW traits !

Robin
31st-December-2005, 02:01 PM
Any more ?

WittyBird
31st-December-2005, 02:03 PM
Any more ?

I am Ticket touting again..........:rofl:
Just had another call......... Anyone want a ticket?

Zebra Woman
31st-December-2005, 05:05 PM
I am Ticket touting again..........:rofl:
Just had another call......... Anyone want a ticket?

YES YES Call me please!!! I have already called you and left a message.

Alison x

Zebra Woman
31st-December-2005, 05:26 PM
Really ? Didn't think shyness was one of ZW traits !

Actually I can be shy :blush: .

<shy mode off>

How many requests am I allowed Robin? :devil:

Las Ruinas en mi mente - Soraya
Just my Imagination - Gwyneth Paltrow & Babyface
Tango Te Avora - Richard Abel
Flamenco - Alex Fox
Havana (slow) / Gettin' on the Step - Kenny G
Quando - Michael Buble
Time After Tie - Tara Morice
Dancing Shadows - Armic
Reflejo De Luna - Alacran
Now I can Dance - Tina Arena
Ochos Negros - Olga Tanon
Boom Boom Ba - Metisse
Still In Love With You - No Angels
Casanova (English version) - Paulino Rubio
Loosen Up My Buttons - Pussycat Dolls
For The Love Of You - Candy Duffer

Oh AND .....The latin instrumental track the Erick's friend brought him back from Spain....

AND The instrumental one you played at Cheshunt last time we came. It was quite long and started country style but turned really nice....Robin played it about 11.30 and Lory danced it with Paul F....Don't you remember? :confused:

<shy mode back on>

Aw I don't know Robin - you choose.... :innocent:

Happy New Year

See you there

Alison xx

WittyBird
31st-December-2005, 06:01 PM
Ticket gone sorry :what:

WittyBird
31st-December-2005, 06:19 PM
Quando - Michael Buble
Time After Tie - Tara Morice

didnt know the names of these tracks... so glad u did!!!
my favs :eek:

Zebra Woman
31st-December-2005, 06:53 PM
Ticket gone sorry :what:

I secured the ticket for Puddy Tat.....eventually :wink:

<PANTO MODE ON>

.....Oh no she won't :sad:
Oh yes she will:grin:
Oh no she won't :tears:
OH YES SHE WILL GO TO THE BALL !l! :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

<PANTO MODE OFF>

See y'all there

Alison :flower:

Tessalicious
1st-January-2006, 03:37 PM
Have a fab time at Ice you guys.

I was too slow to get a ticket :tears: and to be honest my feet are dead after last night anyway (although if anyone has a spare going... :devil: )

WittyBird
1st-January-2006, 03:39 PM
I was too slow to get a ticket :tears: and to be honest my feet are dead after last night anyway (although if anyone has a spare going... :devil: )
:tears: Gutted

David Bailey
1st-January-2006, 05:49 PM
What's the dress code? I'll probably be wearing my special chill-out outfit of black T-shirt and black trousers...

Andreas
1st-January-2006, 06:36 PM
What's the dress code? I'll probably be wearing my special chill-out outfit of black T-shirt and black trousers...

Pink shirt, yellow trousers and multi-coloured socks for the guys, bikinis for the ladies.

WittyBird
1st-January-2006, 06:41 PM
Pink shirt, yellow trousers and multi-coloured socks for the guys, bikinis for the ladies.
:yeah: What it says on my ticket :rofl:
It doesnt say anything about dress code apart from 'Waistcoats will not be admitted'

Icey
1st-January-2006, 06:55 PM
... bikinis for the ladies.
:eek: Oh Sh*t. I'll stay home, I wouldn't inflict such a sight on you lovely people.

David Bailey
1st-January-2006, 07:05 PM
It doesnt say anything about dress code apart from 'Waistcoats will not be admitted'
Ah, you're just jealous.

WittyBird
1st-January-2006, 07:07 PM
Ah, you're just jealous.
Sorry I don't understand. Of what am I jealous?:confused:

David Bailey
1st-January-2006, 07:10 PM
Sorry I don't understand. Of what am I jealous?:confused:
My unfeasibly large collection of waistcoats.

Oh, OK then, 2.

WittyBird
1st-January-2006, 07:13 PM
My unfeasibly large collection of waistcoats.

Oh, OK then, 2.

Righto :rofl:

stewart38
1st-January-2006, 07:39 PM
My friend never got her ticket now she says the women she spoke to re credit card details never called back . has her name so assume will be ticket on the door:what:

WittyBird
2nd-January-2006, 03:56 AM
Well what can I say?
Ok if you insist. Thank you to Robin the music was just divine :clap: :worthy:
Severe lack of men tho and floor craft left a lot to be desired, only got trampled on a few times so hey ho such is life

The long one... I'm gutted, but we did try to phone you and left messages with a very cunning plan.:flower:

Lovely to see familar faces :flower: you all know who you are so I won't go into details.

Photo's to follow as soon as I can be ars3d to download them from my phone. I think S38 took a few but not sure :cheers:

stewart38
2nd-January-2006, 04:30 AM
Severe lack of men

Photo's to follow as soon as I can be ars3d to download them from my phone. I think S38 took a few but not sure :cheers:

Some forumites phoning through an order for men

Doesnt seem to have worked as saw no men there at all :nice:

Queue for coffee only 28 seconds , god did I run fast :wink:

If 3 = double trouble whats four = tripple trouble ? My tag jive there didnt work

Stewart 38 who looks 38

stewart38
2nd-January-2006, 04:54 AM
Man spotted !!!

stewart38
2nd-January-2006, 05:01 AM
There he is !

If you look even harder in pic and expand a 1000s times there was another one !

WittyBird
2nd-January-2006, 10:15 AM
A little dark but I think you can see that unfortunately 'ICE' ended up with its own 'No Row':rofl:

S38 ( and yes there is no way you are :tears: ), Icey, Foxy and ZW

WittyBird
2nd-January-2006, 10:18 AM
Here we have ZW looking stunning :D

WittyBird
2nd-January-2006, 10:28 AM
ZW Don't look now SF but what is S38 doing over there?
SF :confused:

WittyBird
2nd-January-2006, 10:38 AM
Picture 1

Missy D Hey Dee, Look over there it's Foxy.
Dee Oooh I say young lady
Missy D Right then After 3 let's get him. 1, 2, 3 quick.

Picture 2

Missy D Looks like I finally got me some Foxtail
Dee Get off him he's mine

WittyBird
2nd-January-2006, 10:48 AM
Silver Fox You do realise that your going to look minging on this picture!
Wittybird Well we can't all be photogenic can we oh handsome one :innocent:
Silver Fox Whatever. Now be a good girl and go get me a beer:wink:

WittyBird
2nd-January-2006, 10:55 AM
Silver Fox Ooh that's good
Miss Conduct What about if I put my hand here ?
Silver Fox Just slightly to the left
Miss Conduct Hows that?
Silver Fox Can't talk, just carry on :eek:

Trinity
2nd-January-2006, 11:32 AM
Great pics guys looks like you all had a great time :rofl:
Wish I could of been there :eek:

LMC
2nd-January-2006, 11:42 AM
Fabulous music, and good company :flower: - but ICE slightly spoiled for me by overcrowding making it impossible to "relax" and dance.

I know the side room was open, but the floor in there is worse than terrible.

Fewer tickets next year please!

Robin
2nd-January-2006, 11:44 AM
Fabulous music, and good company :flower: - but ICE slightly spoiled for me by overcrowding making it impossible to "relax" and dance.

I know the side room was open, but the floor in there is worse than terrible.

Fewer tickets next year please!

Point taken - would you believe it if I said the numbers were limited and there was about 75 people less then last year ?

Icey
2nd-January-2006, 11:51 AM
I had a totally FAB night :D great photos WB!
Thankyou Robin & Tezi for the evening, it was crowded but I had a wonderful evening and if it's on next year will certainly be booking my ticket early :)

LMC
2nd-January-2006, 12:35 PM
Thanks Robin - I know numbers were limited and heard it was worse last year!

I shall come again next year if numbers are smaller :nice: - it was just frustrating not to be able to make the most of the great music, a few fabulous dancers and a good floor

stewart38
2nd-January-2006, 12:41 PM
:D great photos WB!

:whistle:

WittyBird
2nd-January-2006, 12:42 PM
:whistle:

Yes yours were good too :rolleyes:

David Bailey
2nd-January-2006, 12:44 PM
Point taken - would you believe it if I said the numbers were limited and there was about 75 people less then last year ?
I'd believe it, but that's not really saying much, it was an insane scrum last time...

I think the numbers would have been fine if the floor in the other room was dance-able, but it wasn't really. Hmmm.... maybe the bar could have been in the other room? That might have made a bit more space.

And it was definitely short of men - control the ratio, you know it makes sense.

I loved the music, great selection of tracks. In fact, it was definitely the best set I've heard this entire year :innocent:

And there were lots of great people there to dance with, I even managed a couple of tango's :clap:

I also loved the effort into "redecorating - the place looked good, lots of nice candles and curtains around.

Also, fantastic value for money - £10 for over 5 hours' dancing seems like a pretty good deal to me, compared to any other event anyway.

Suggestions for next year: better flooring (we hope), even ratios, and it'll be superb...

stewart38
2nd-January-2006, 01:10 PM
Yes yours were good too :rolleyes:

:nice:

It was a nice 'ICE' dance

Picture of 'ICE' for those that dont know him ?

dee
2nd-January-2006, 01:36 PM
I had such a great night despite it being crowded. Was great to see so many forumites :hug: thanks to all those that danced with me :flower: I especially liked doing a bit of Cha Cha with DJ, ive never done that before :flower: and as for our Foxy :drool: :yum: :drool: :drool: :yum:
Loved most of the music :clap: loved the tea and cake :drool: had lots of fab dances. Thanks Robin and Tez for such a great evening :flower:

Missy D
2nd-January-2006, 02:00 PM
Thanks to all that organised this brilliant night!! fab music! great floor! Bit crowded but didnt stop me dancing! Oh and good raffle to eh:wink: What my new lamp? yeah looks lovely!:clap: :clap:

Good to see some of my favourite forumites too:hug:

Great photos Stewart and Witty:clap:

Robin and Tez cant we have another before next year! Maybe we could have 'heat' in the summer:flower:

Will be coming along to Finchley tonight! :clap:

(Please note there is still no tone lowering from me on the forum)

WittyBird
2nd-January-2006, 02:01 PM

It's only monday :innocent:

Missy D
2nd-January-2006, 02:04 PM
It's only monday :innocent:

I know! trying so hard not to think of any fox tail!

WittyBird
2nd-January-2006, 02:05 PM
trying so hard not to think of any fox tail!
What sort of things are you trying hard not to think about?

dee
2nd-January-2006, 02:06 PM

Not even a mention of "Fox tail" :rofl:

Yeah WB it's only monday

fletch
2nd-January-2006, 02:10 PM
I wasn't sure what to expect for 'ice' last night, but we all had a fab time:clap:

The floor was very busy but did start to clear when the tea's started to be served:(

I couldn't believe it when one of my all time favourite tracks came on (The Snake) couldn't resist a dance around my handbag:clap:

Every one was very friendly, lots of girlie chats in the loo and fun dances with guy's not taking life to seriously
Lovely to meet lots of forumties, including Icey xx:flower:
I was a little apprehensive about the drive home to Stafford after such a long weekend but it was fine and only took 2hrs:rolleyes:
Thanks to Les who let us crash at his pad after we checked out of the hotel.:hug:

It must have been good I got asked to dinner (there's a first):waycool:

stewart38
2nd-January-2006, 02:58 PM
The new me no more moaning

Great to have so much space to dance in
Coffee queues non exsistance
Balance of female/males perfect

Thought the floor in the other room was of international standard

:yeah:

WittyBird
2nd-January-2006, 03:18 PM
The new me no more moaning

Another Book....
I give you until 1pm Saturday.

Zebra Woman
2nd-January-2006, 03:50 PM
I had a good-ish night. :what:

That was one of the very best music sets I've heard this year, and a lovely long one too. Very well done Robin and Tezi :clap: . Thanks for playing so many of my requests, and so many uniquely interesting other tracks too. It was so brilliant not having any distracting cabarets and classes, just a short raffle.

For me the extra room was a nice thought, but of no use to me for dancing with such a rough surface.

On the down side, there was a real shortage male dancers, it was also the most dangerous and crowded dancfloor. I was trodden on and bumped into more times in that one night than I had been all year! I had simultaneous bumps on my bottom from opposite sides at one point! Another time I was doing tiny ochos infront of my partner then somehow a woman managed to tread on my foot! Truly amazing. :angry:

Floorcraft - sorely lacking. I observed some agression between the men - each accusing the other of not keeping to his space, niether one prepared to take responsibilty for the collisions. Respect and consideration for other dancers seemed to be completely lacking in some individuals. The sad outcome was that even when was with considerate lead I still didn't feel at all safe.

I would love to come back next year as I'm sure the music woul be fab, but there would have to be 30 to 50 poeple less and even numbers to tempt me.

Although we did 'manage' didn't we girls :devil: .

Sorry about the tag dance Stewart, it was a more of a steal....

:rofl: It's a jungle out there! :really:

ZW

dee
2nd-January-2006, 05:00 PM
That was one of the very best music sets I've heard this year

ZW

Give it time it's only 2nd Jan :wink:

Zebra Woman
2nd-January-2006, 05:06 PM
Give it time it's only 2nd Jan :wink:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dee, you know it was THAT GOOD - I forgot what year it was.... :really:

ZW:blush:

stewart38
3rd-January-2006, 01:25 AM
Sorry about the tag dance Stewart, it was a more of a steal....

:rofl: It's a jungle out there! :really:

ZW

If four women want to dance together and leave me out no worries. :sad:

WittyBird
3rd-January-2006, 01:45 AM
If four women want to dance together and leave me out no worries. :sad:
Well according to the photo's you were too busy in the corner anyway :whistle: