PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Balls etc.

TiggsTours
23rd-November-2005, 12:43 PM
I've been wondering who's going to what this year, I'm trying to decide which ones I want to go to, so I thought I'd see which are the most popular (apologies for any missed, I don't know all of them)

Bex
23rd-November-2005, 12:56 PM
Hi Tiggsours,

You missed the Twyford Christmas Party on Friday 23rd December :tears: !!! Theme: 'Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves' or festive dress :flower:

8pm till midnight, £10 per ticket (in advance only). TWK on the decks, class with Billco, cabarets by Simon & Nicole, Elaine B & Simon :worthy: , nibbles, tea/coffee & mince pies later on. :cheers:

Bex

TiggsTours
23rd-November-2005, 01:01 PM
Hi Tiggsours,

You missed the Twyford Christmas Party on Friday 23rd December :tears: !!! Theme: 'Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves' or festive dress :flower:

8pm till midnight, £10 per ticket (in advance only). TWK on the decks, class with Billco, cabarets by Simon & Nicole, Elaine B & Simon :worthy: , nibbles, tea/coffee & mince pies later on. :cheers:

Bex
Thank you, maybe a kind moderator will put it in.:flower:

LMC
23rd-November-2005, 01:26 PM
Stevenage 10 December

Jon Brett is DJ-ing at that one :waycool:

It's in a school but the floor is nice, Pat & Gina create a nice ambience in the hall with tea-lights etc, and there is a full bar.

Cruella
23rd-November-2005, 01:43 PM
Rugby 10th Dec. JiveP teaching and i'm demoing. Dave Hancock and Littleemc-central will also be there.

Donna
23rd-November-2005, 01:46 PM
Rugby 10th Dec. JiveP teaching and i'm demoing. Dave Hancock and Littleemc-central will also be there.

I'm going to neither of the above put to the xmas party at chester and we have a top one coming up in Northwich too. They're also having a snow theme!! Can't wait!!! Love the avatar Cruella!! I'm still howling!!!!:clap:

Minnie M
23rd-November-2005, 10:17 PM
New Years Eve Masked Ball, Bisley ??? Do you mean Ceroc Surrey's NYE party at Woking ? It was at Bisley last year

In fact a little premature to have a Christmas poll - I am just preparing my list for December and you will see there are a lot more and popular ones too ! (including the Ashton's one on the 16th )

Mary
23rd-November-2005, 11:58 PM
Ooh, Minnie, can you let us know what NYE balls are happening - want to get something booked up.

Ta.:worthy:

M

DavidY
24th-November-2005, 12:05 AM
Rugby 10th Dec. JiveP teaching and i'm demoing. Dave Hancock and Littleemc-central will also be there.I'm hoping to be there too.

Also planning to be at Emma P's "Cabaret and All that Jazz" at Daventry on 27th Dec.

philsmove
24th-November-2005, 12:12 AM
Weston Super Mud and Sodding Chipbury for me

Mary
24th-November-2005, 12:13 AM

Are you going to be bringing the illustrious Mr. Hancock down to the smoke during his visit? You can't keep him all to yourself you know.:wink:

M

Dance Demon
24th-November-2005, 12:35 AM
Ooh, Minnie, can you let us know what NYE balls are happening - want to get something booked up.

M

You could always come up to Edinburgh Mary. New Years Eve Ball in a venue right next door to Edinburgh Airport......

Cruella
24th-November-2005, 09:28 AM
Are you going to be bringing the illustrious Mr. Hancock down to the smoke during his visit? You can't keep him all to yourself you know.:wink:

M
Sorry Mary but you'll need to come to the midlands if you want to dance with him, but hey it's not as far as Scotland and we're just as friendly.:flower:

Cruella
24th-November-2005, 09:32 AM
Wow Spice 'n' Easy can be in two places at once. He's going to be satisfying twice the usual amount of ladies on the 10th. :wink:

Robin
25th-November-2005, 02:21 AM
:tears: :tears: I'm upset. You missed our ICE New Years Day Chillout at Finchley/Whetstone .

Lory
25th-November-2005, 03:47 AM
:tears: :tears: I'm upset. You missed our ICE New Years Day Chillout at Finchley/Whetstone .
There you go, it's on there now ;)

Robin
25th-November-2005, 03:57 AM
There you go, it's on there now ;)

thank you - i feel better !

Interestingly though, you can't vote again so I can;t vote for the glitter ball now.... just one of those "quirks" I suppose

David Bailey
25th-November-2005, 11:01 AM
Where's the "Bah, humbug, I hate Christ-bloody-mas" option then? :innocent:

Lynn
25th-November-2005, 11:25 AM
Where's the "Bah, humbug, I hate Christ-bloody-mas" option then? :innocent:Very scary - as I clicked on this thread I knew this post was going to be DJ going 'Bah, humbug' at Christmas! :really: :really:

David Bailey
25th-November-2005, 11:40 AM
Very scary - as I clicked on this thread I knew this post was going to be DJ going 'Bah, humbug' at Christmas! :really: :really:
:blush: Well, I've got the right grumpy-old-man avatar at least. :na:

senorita
25th-November-2005, 11:44 AM
:blush: Well, I've got the right grumpy-old-man avatar at least. :na:

Dont be grumpy vic meldrew..:nice: :hug:
life is tooooo short

Lynn
25th-November-2005, 01:04 PM
:blush: Well, I've got the right grumpy-old-man avatar at least. :na:Just take over the MOG title then. Or are you the original MOG?

Christmas dance parties? Dec 27th in Belfast. A friend from England will be visiting who I dragged along to a ceroc night when I was last in London a couple of years ago, he really enjoyed it but hasn't been again, hoping this visit back home will tempt him to give it another go.

And it will most likely my last evening organising any MJ events - hopefully Ceroc will be up and running next year and I can just go along and enjoy myself!

Dorothy
25th-November-2005, 01:38 PM
Is there a Ceroc ball in Edinburgh on the 31stDec? Can't find details anywhere. And are there tickets left for the Edinburgh Christmas party does anybody know?

David Bailey
25th-November-2005, 03:28 PM
Just take over the MOG title then. Or are you the original MOG?
I believe I coined the phrase, yes. That's £236 in unclaimed payments I'm due from Mr Long when he returns, I reckon he just ran away so I wouldn't send the boys round...

Father Christmas
25th-November-2005, 09:13 PM
Where's the "Bah, humbug, I hate Christ-bloody-mas" option then? :innocent::angry:

That's Mr Christmas to you Mr James. I know where you live and so do my helpers. It might be hard to deliver presents down a chimney that's full of Reindeer poo :sick:

David Bailey
25th-November-2005, 09:21 PM
:angry:

That's Mr Christmas to you Mr James. I know where you live and so do my helpers. It might be hard to deliver presents down a chimney that's full of Reindeer poo :sick:
I don't believe it, I've just been -ve repped by Father Christmas. :rofl:

That's the nicest negative rep I've had all week.

Tiggerbabe
25th-November-2005, 09:48 PM
are there tickets left for the Edinburgh Christmas party does anybody know?
I'd send Scot a PM, Dorothy, 'fraid I don't know if they are sold out or not :blush:

Tiggerbabe
25th-November-2005, 09:53 PM
Have just sorted out the outfit for the Yule Ball, now I just need a "wintery" witch's hat - anyone got any ideas? :confused:
I might search the attic for the black one :wink: (every attic has a witch's hat doesn't it? ) and buy me a spray-tin of silver glitter :clap:

Dance Demon
26th-November-2005, 06:28 PM
Is there a Ceroc ball in Edinburgh on the 31stDec? Can't find details anywhere. And are there tickets left for the Edinburgh Christmas party does anybody know?

Hi Dorothy
not a Ceroc(tm) Ball, but there is a New Year Ball at the royal Highland centre Ingliston. PM me and I'll give you details. I was at Ceroc in Edinburgh on Monday night and there were still tickets left, but not many, so you'd best be quick:cheers:

Tiggerbabe
27th-November-2005, 05:08 PM
now I just need a "wintery" witch's hat - anyone got any ideas? :confused:

With huge thanks to Ghost, my Yule Ball outfit is now complete :wink: :clap: :D

ElaineB
28th-November-2005, 12:39 PM
Weston Super Mud and Sodding Chipbury for me

Us too Phil - see you at both! The Weston Super Mare ball is now sold out so I understand (that's 400 people!!!!). Chipping Sodbury has only 5 tickets left! :eek:

Both brilliant events!

Elaine

under par
28th-November-2005, 02:27 PM
Us too Phil - see you at both! The Weston Super Mare ball is now sold out so I understand (that's 400 people!!!!). Chipping Sodbury has only 5 tickets left! :eek:

Both brilliant events!

Elaine

Well I 'll see you at Chipping Sodbury for a dance then Elaine.:hug:

JoC
29th-November-2005, 10:49 AM
With huge thanks to Ghost, my Yule Ball outfit is now complete :wink: :clap: :D
:worthy: Prepared a month in advance!!! Respect!!! :worthy:

Tiggerbabe
29th-November-2005, 09:15 PM
:worthy: Prepared a month in advance!!! Respect!!! :worthy:
Why thank 'ee! Hopefully you'll be there, and in Stirling on the 17th?

ducasi
30th-November-2005, 12:47 AM
Why thank 'ee! Hopefully you'll be there, and in Stirling on the 17th?
Well that's what the poll suggests... Look forward to seeing and dancing with you both in Stirling. :flower:

I just noticed today that the Farewell to HWH party on the 29th is scheduled to run until 6am! So most of the dance will actually be on my birthday. :D

Hope I can stay awake! :what:

Minnie M
30th-November-2005, 11:04 AM

M

Sorry it's a bit late, but been busy and have been away !

I am sure there are more - but this is what I know at the moment - full details are on my web page

SATURDAY 31ST DECEMBER - SOUTHERN MODERN JIVE NEW YEAR'S EVE DANCES

B/MOUTH
New Year’s Eve Midnight Ball at Carrington House Hotel, Knyveton Road, Bournemouth, Dorset. BH1 3QQ 8.00pm – 1.30am Smart dress please (wear something black, blue or purple!)

FINDON
Findon Village Hall, High St, Findon Village, Nr Worthing. New Year's Eve Dinner DanceSelection of Chinese dishes, free good booze +puddings +Port & Stilton, etc Black tie /sparkle Tickets only 7.30-0030.

EASTBOURNE
Sarah's New Years Eve Party Night at Eastbourne Town Hall, Grove Road, includes free beer & wine and bubbly at mid

LONDON
Jive Time's 9th New Year Modern Jive Ball at Ealing Town Hall, Ealing , Includes free beer, wine bubbly, soft drinks+sumptuous buffet 8.30pm to 1.30 am. the longest established UK NYE Jive Ball adv tkts only

NEWBURY
New Years Eve Masquerade Ball at - Liberty Ballrooms New Greenham Park Newbury Berks. Until 1am l Guest teachers Nigel & Nina

PORTSMOUTH
New Years Eve Dance Party at the Admiral Lord Nelson Hall. Portsmouth 9-1.15am. Cabaret - Spot Prizes and Surprises and brilliant tunes from Jive & Swing Jukebox with DJ Andy Kale

S/HAMPTON
New Years Eve Glitter Ball at West Totton Community Centre West Totton 8pm until 1am

SWINDON
New Years Eve Party at Gorse Hill Working Men's Club, chapel Street, Gorse Hill, SN2 8DA 8 pm – 1am

WOKING
New Years Eve Masked Ball at H G Wells Suite Church Street East Woking 8pm until 1am Wear a Mask

JANUARY 2006
LONDON "ICE" the coolest dance in Town January 1st New Years Day All Saints Arts Centre, 122 Oakleigh Road North, Whetstone London N20 9EZ

Father Christmas
9th-December-2005, 09:05 AM
I don't believe it, I've just been -ve repped by Father Christmas. :rofl:

That's the nicest negative rep I've had all week.
I'm not normally vindictive; I just hope you've learnt your lesson, Mr James.

Minnie M
9th-December-2005, 07:29 PM
Could the moderators please change "New Years Eve Masked Ball, Bisley " to "New Years Eve Masked Ball, WOKING " I think this is a mistake - I don't know of a dance at Bisley but there is one at WOKING - CerocSurrey (Annalisa's) - she did have the NYE dance at Bisley last year

AND it should be a goodun :clap:

Dance Demon
13th-December-2005, 09:49 PM
Just a note to say that ladies tickets for the Route 66 Xmas party on Friday 16th Dec are sold out....still a few mens tickets .....if you're quick. This is a ticket only event so please don't come if you don't have one....it's not nice having to turn people away....especially if they have travelled quite a distance:)
:cheers: ....

Dance Demon
16th-December-2005, 11:06 AM
Just a note to say that ladies tickets for the Route 66 Xmas party on Friday 16th Dec are sold out....still a few mens tickets .....if you're quick. This is a ticket only event so please don't come if you don't have one....it's not nice having to turn people away....especially if they have travelled quite a distance:)
:cheers: ....

Completely sold out now......

jdh
16th-December-2005, 01:23 PM
Hi Tiggsours,

8pm till midnight. TWK on the decks, class with Billco, cabarets by Simon & Nicole, Elaine B & Simon :worthy: , nibbles, tea/coffee & mince pies later on. :cheers:

Bex

Just a little reminder that tickets for the Twyford Christmas Party are £10 in advance and they are going quickly (£15 on the door and numbers very limited). PM me or Bex for further details.

Merry Christmas!!
:cheers:

Tiggerbabe
18th-December-2005, 06:15 PM
Had a blast at the Stirling Glitter Ball, last night.

***LOVEY ALERT!***

What a fab venue :drool:
Huge thanks to Franck :hug: - the sweets were fab although I never got to pull a cracker :tears: The tables looked great for everyone coming in, well worth the effort.
It was wonderful to see a few of the Inverness-ites down for the night, thanks for "that" dance in the Blues room Harri :hug:
Thanks also to the entire "jammy" crew for some great dances, Jamie, Colin and David - wow! what a family. Oh and KT, Peter, Sherwin and and and and :D
Brilliant music all night :whistle: :blush:
thanks to CJ, DD and Trampy.........

Can't wait for the Yule Ball in Dundee on Thursday - Merry Christmas :clap:

Little Monkey
18th-December-2005, 07:45 PM
Had a blast at the Stirling Glitter Ball, last night.

***LOVEY ALERT!***
:yeah:

I had such a fantastic time last night! Thanks to Franck and all the DJs and everyone else who helped arrange this fantastic night! :cheers:

So nice to catch up with lots of people I've not seen in ages. :nice:
And the dances..........:drool: One dance in particular still has me smiling....; a certain tango track in the blues room with Dave Hancock. Ye're crazy, man! :D Oh, and trying to stay serious when the above mentioned person pulled 'gargoyle faces' at me!:rofl: Thanks for all the dances, hopefully I'll catch you at a dance party sometime soon for some more!

Big thanks to everyone else I danced with, too! I didn't have a bad dance all night (apart from maybe the first one, as I was still frozen, and could hardly move!:eek: ) Oh, and that fabulous dance with Trampy in the main room!:D And the smooooth dances with Killingtime in the blues room......:nice: And some rather scrummy dances with Azande.......:drool: And, and, and....! I want more!!!!

Can't wait for Thursday, when 'Young Greg' and I will dance our socks off in Bonar Hall!:clap:

TheTramp
18th-December-2005, 09:23 PM
I had a great time too. At least, I think I did. 40 hours without sleep isn't necessarily a good thing to do before going dancing....

Was nice to see everyone who came. Did have some yummy dances. Met some nice new people :flower:

Now..... Just the Aberdeen party on Tuesday, the Dundee party on Thursday, the Edinburgh party on Friday, and the Glasgow party a week on Thursday to look forward to. Life is just hell up here :whistle:

Dance Demon
18th-December-2005, 09:33 PM
'Twas indeed a great night. Albert halls is one of my favourite venues, and it looked great last night. Got some fab dances while my dodgy knees held out, especially one with Loreen to Madison Blues.....fab track CJ:clap: and also a nice dance from one of the Inverness ladies, ..nice to see the Inverness people for the first time.....then up to take over from Tiggerbabe DJing in the blues room.
Would just like to say that when you consider the venue, the chocolates on the tables, sweets at the front desk, two rooms for dancing, four DJs playing a wide variety of music......all for a mere £10.........Well done Franck for providing a superb Christmas party:worthy: :worthy: :cheers:

Dance Demon
18th-December-2005, 09:38 PM
I had a great time too. At least, I think I did. 40 hours without sleep isn't necessarily a good thing to do before going dancing....

What about the 2 hours at Doncaster and 3 hours at Berwick......:wink:

TheTramp
18th-December-2005, 09:38 PM
and also a nice dance from one of the Inverness ladies, ..nice to see the Inverness people for the first time.....

:yeah:

Couldn't agree more. Am so looking forward to the 19/26 Jan. See you all again then :flower:

Night Owl
19th-December-2005, 08:12 PM
Darn missed all the fun :sad:

Never mind make up for it at Edinburgh:yeah:

Glad to hear every one had a great time:clap:

See you all soon

jammy
20th-December-2005, 07:21 PM
what a night in stirling it was gr8!! i had some amazin dances 2 many names 2 say but you know who u r:D !! i also enjoyed doing tripples with trammpy and mado and gillian. and also my dance with trampy where we were havin shots of leadin.
thanks tb for the mention jammy crew lol

Thanks also to the entire "jammy" crew for some great dances, Jamie, Colin and David - wow! what a family.
there was only one thing it didnt last long enough.
cant wait till marcos 23rd and glasgow 29th:D