PDA

View Full Version : Detail About Aberdeen

killingtime
21st-November-2005, 12:47 AM
I reckon that the calendar is probably more frequently updated than the main site so to check:

It's at Jumpin'Jaks, not The Station Hotel, and starts at 6:30 rather than the usual 7:30 start? I thought I'd be missing out on dancing on Thursday due to coming up to Aberdeen but it look like I can try out a new venue (for me) instead :clap: :clap:.

ducasi
21st-November-2005, 01:29 AM
One of the nights is at the Station Hotel, and I'd be very surprised if it started at 6:30.

BTW, I heard you were just too lazy to get your ass up to Aberdeen this weekend to party with the other cool kids. :rolleyes:

Lorna
21st-November-2005, 11:31 AM
Hi,

Tuesday at Peterculter
Wed at Jumpin' Jaks
Thursday at Station Hotel.

As far as I know there are no changes with the times. I hope not 'cause I'm covering for Lisa this Thursday.

See you there,

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

killingtime
21st-November-2005, 12:08 PM
One of the nights is at the Station Hotel, and I'd be very surprised if it started at 6:30.

Looks like the calendar isn't correct (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2005-11-24&e=155&c=1) then (of course if it is updated then it will presumably be correct).

19:30 at the Station Hotel then. Got it.

BTW, I heard you were just too lazy to get your ass up to Aberdeen this weekend to party with the other cool kids. :rolleyes:

It was a choice I had to make at 01:30 on Saturday and I decided that was too unorganized even for me. Plus at 07:00 when my alarm went off the only though I had was sleep. Wished I had gone up to Aberdeen though; just not sure how many workshops, or how late in freestyle, I'd be able to attend.

ducasi
21st-November-2005, 01:02 PM
Looks like the calendar isn't correct (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2005-11-24&e=155&c=1) then (of course if it is updated then it will presumably be correct). The calendar has had problems with clocks changing. Set a repeating event during the summer and it'll be one hour out in the winter... (And visa-versa.) Basically, don't believe the times in the calendar, unless they're also in the text.

It was a choice I had to make at 01:30 on Saturday and I decided that was too unorganized even for me. Plus at 07:00 when my alarm went off the only though I had was sleep. Wished I had gone up to Aberdeen though; just not sure how many workshops, or how late in freestyle, I'd be able to attend. :rolleyes: How long have we been talking about it here? It's a shame you missed it – it was a lot of fun. You'd have liked the cool moves Amir taught us.

killingtime
21st-November-2005, 01:56 PM
The calendar has had problems with clocks changing. Set a repeating event during the summer and it'll be one hour out in the winter...

Ah; I see. The venue was wrong too though :D.

:rolleyes: How long have we been talking about it here? It's a shame you missed it – it was a lot of fun. You'd have liked the cool moves Amir taught us.

Aye; I was very much aware of it but had relegated myself to not going. Then a conversation at Route 66 (plus a fab night dancing) made me want to go. From what I heard the workshops were pretty much booked up anyway.

I like cool moves :cool:. Damn.

Piglet
21st-November-2005, 02:02 PM
From what I heard the workshops were pretty much booked up anyway.

It's such a shame you weren't there with us KT!

I think you might have been lucky enough to be able to join in some of the classes cos we were at least 1 lady over in the first class and I know of at least one guy I persuaded to come along and try the Sunday ones. Keep in your mind that when the places are booked up, (I think anyway) that it's a case of they're booked up for women but there is usually a bit of leeway for some more men to come along too. (NB This is not gospel, but just something to keep in mind and worth checking out for in future).

killingtime
21st-November-2005, 03:20 PM
As far as I know there are no changes with the times. I hope not 'cause I'm covering for Lisa this Thursday.

Ah; it's all fixed now. I'm debating whether I should catch a later train and proceed directly to the venue or not now. Humm... choices choices.

Thanks for all your help, people :flower:.

Tiggerbabe
21st-November-2005, 06:47 PM
catch a later train and proceed directly to the venue
Well, from the station to the venue should take you all of ................oh about 30 seconds :wink: :D

ducasi
21st-November-2005, 06:57 PM
Well, from the station to the venue should take you all of ................oh about 30 seconds :wink: :D
I don't know, I think it could be as much as 45 seconds if the road's busy and you have to wait for the green man. :wink:

Tiggerbabe
21st-November-2005, 07:15 PM
You're absolutely right :worthy: hadn't allowed for the green man (or lack thereof) KT - best get the early train :rofl:

killingtime
21st-November-2005, 07:17 PM
I don't know, I think it could be as much as 45 seconds if the road's busy and you have to wait for the green man. :wink:

I wasn't sure and, though Google Local couldn't quite work out the roads, I got a map (http://www.google.co.uk/maps?q=from%3A+AB11+6LX+to%3A+AB11+6GN&ll=57.143825,-2.096200&spn=0.004070,0.009560&f=d&hl=en) incase I have to get taxi and they need directions :D.

ducasi
21st-November-2005, 07:53 PM
I wasn't sure and, though Google Local couldn't quite work out the roads, I got a map (http://www.google.co.uk/maps?q=from%3A+AB11+6LX+to%3A+AB11+6GN&ll=57.143825,-2.096200&spn=0.004070,0.009560&f=d&hl=en) incase I have to get taxi and they need directions :D.
Careful though – Google has just sent you the long way round if you're on foot! And obviously their 17 seconds takes no account of such things as red lights or (women) drivers trying to manoeuvre around the car park!

Also, make sure to get a map of the route back (http://www.google.co.uk/maps?q=from%3A+AB11+6LX+to%3A+AB11+6GN&ll=57.143825,-2.096200&spn=0.004070,0.009560&f=d&hl=en)!

killingtime
22nd-November-2005, 12:52 PM
Also, make sure to get a map of the route back (http://www.google.co.uk/maps?q=from%3A+AB11+6LX+to%3A+AB11+6GN&ll=57.143825,-2.096200&spn=0.004070,0.009560&f=d&hl=en)!

Thank you for the information but no need! My chauffeur (aka: dad) will be present upon my departure. I'm quite certain he'll know the way to my holiday home (aka: my parent's house).

One day I’ll be in a less silly mood... nah.

:D :D.