PDA

View Full Version : Invisible

Cruella
19th-November-2005, 12:46 AM
Can someone tell me why on the current users it will say for example, 22 members, 15 guests but only show say 16 names?? Often a post will come up and i didn't realise that person was online! Does that mean that the others are all using invisible mode? If so, Why, whats the point?

Lynn
19th-November-2005, 12:55 AM
Does that mean that the others are all using invisible mode? Yes.

If so, Why, whats the point?I suppose there can be various reasons. Some people just prefer to quietly read threads without others knowing and then jump in with a post. Others maybe just feel it gives them an added level of privacy (though I suppose if they post a lot then it sort of defeats the purpose.)

Only paid up members can use invisible mode.

Cruella
19th-November-2005, 12:58 AM
Ok Lynn as you're in a helpful mood and i'm bored cos hubby's away. How do you put two seperate quotes onto a post?

ducasi
19th-November-2005, 01:30 AM
If so, Why, whats the point? So you don't realise that certain people are on the forum 24/7. :wink:

Oh, and getting two quotes in a post just involves some creative copying and pasting and judicious use of the [quote=] tag.

David Bailey
19th-November-2005, 01:02 PM
Ok Lynn as you're in a helpful mood and i'm bored cos hubby's away. How do you put two seperate quotes onto a post?
Good question. I don't think there's a clever way to do this - I tend to open the two relevant "quote" buttons in two different tabs (or windows, if you're suffering with Internet Explorer), then cut&paste one and put it into the other.

Clumsy, I know - of course, you could just manually insert the "quote" and "/quote" tags, but that's probably even more clumsy.

Does anyone have a better method?

Lynn
19th-November-2005, 01:37 PM
See how helpful I am? I answered that without even logging on!:rofl:

My method is probably rather clumsy but I just copy the quote then edit each one to be the section I want. Or you can highlight the text you want to quote and click on the 'wrap quote tags' button above the editing pane - this won't give the person's name - easily put in by just putting = their name.

under par
20th-November-2005, 08:12 PM
Does that mean that the others are all using invisible mode? If so, Why, whats the point?

Who said that?:what:

Is there someone there!:sick:

HELP!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Cruella
12th-March-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm bringing this thread back up again, as it seems more and more people are going into invisible mode. I still don't get why, what are the benefits? Unless you all think you have stalkers :whistle:
Fletch, Lynn, DTS, I know you three are really there, hiding at the moment. :wink:

Isis
12th-March-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm bringing this thread back up again, as it seems more and more people are going into invisible mode. I still don't get why, what are the benefits? Unless you all think you have stalkers :whistle:
Fletch, Lynn, DTS, I know you three are really there, hiding at the moment. :wink:

For some reason, it bugs me that it gets recorded on your profile when you were last online and what you were viewing. I don't know why this annoys me so much but it really does. :mad:

Barry Shnikov
12th-March-2008, 09:38 PM
Good question. I don't think there's a clever way to do this - I tend to open the two relevant "quote" buttons in two different tabs (or windows, if you're suffering with Internet Explorer), then cut&paste one and put it into the other.

Clumsy, I know - of course, you could just manually insert the "quote" and "/quote" tags, but that's probably even more clumsy.

I copy the "[/QUOTE]", and then paste it at the beginning and end of the different passages I want to quote, and then go back and delete the "/" from the beginning of each passage.

bigdjiver
12th-March-2008, 09:40 PM

...My method is probably rather clumsy but I just copy the quote then edit each one to be the section I want. Or you can highlight the text you want to quote and click on the 'wrap quote tags' button above the editing pane - this won't give the person's name - easily put in by just putting = their name.Or you can just press the quotes icon next to the "Quote" button on each post before the last. On the last quote to be used click on quote.

Ain't science wonderful?

Cruella
12th-March-2008, 09:42 PM
Or you can just press the quotes icon next to the "Quote" button on each post before the last. On the last quote to be used click on quote.

Ain't science wonderful?
You can now, but you couldn't when I originally asked the question. :wink:

Steven666
12th-March-2008, 10:22 PM

The multi quote button.

Or type the quote tags.

As for the question, hidden members are so popular they don't want to be mivered. I know who one or two of them are.

Northants Girly
13th-March-2008, 01:17 PM
It's a small world I wouldn't want my work to think that I spend all day surfing the net or on this forum :whistle:

(of course I know they have other ways of knowing our surfing habits but it's a big place here and there are quite a few MJers lurking . . . .)

Tiger Feet
13th-March-2008, 04:28 PM
It's the closest I'll ever get to having superpowers :D

Trouble
13th-March-2008, 04:31 PM
It's the closest I'll ever get to having superpowers :D

ive got the superpower. :D:whistle:

Beowulf
13th-March-2008, 08:26 PM
Perhaps I'm invisible because I don't really exist..

at least that's what DJ seems to think after bumping into Twirly at Storm last weekend :wink:

Barry Shnikov
13th-March-2008, 08:27 PM
OK, here's a fun thing...

What would you do if you really could make yourself invisible?:devil:

Beowulf
13th-March-2008, 08:31 PM

spend an absolute fortune travelling the world and getting my photo taken standing in front of famous land marks.. :whistle: :D

Barry Shnikov
14th-March-2008, 08:51 AM
spend an absolute fortune travelling the world and getting my photo taken standing in front of famous land marks.. :whistle: :D

I only said if you were invisible, I didn't say you could invent fantasy money as well!

Crazy Shark
14th-March-2008, 09:58 AM

Rob a bank LOL, haunt people that i dislike and travel. They won't know that im invisible.

I only said if you were invisible, I didn't say you could invent fantasy money as well!

:rofl:

Isis
14th-March-2008, 08:22 PM

I've been racking my brain but I can't think of anything that wouldn't be grossly petty and nosey.

Barry Shnikov
15th-March-2008, 01:29 AM
I've been racking my brain but I can't think of anything that wouldn't be grossly petty and nosey.

Well, duh! That's the low-down I'm trying to extract!

No urges to pop into the England changing rooms at Twickenham?:wink:

Isis
15th-March-2008, 10:10 AM
Well, duh! That's the low-down I'm trying to extract!

Oooh, you're bad!

No urges to pop into the England changing rooms at Twickenham?:wink:

It gets even worse than that. :blush: