PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Southport 2nd-5th June 2006?

Pages : [1] 2

Lee
18th-November-2005, 04:21 PM
I know it's a bit early but i was just wondering who was thinking about going to Southport on the weekend of 2nd–5th June 2006?

Lee
I'm blonde, what's your excuse?
Copyright ‘LMC’

http://jiveaddiction.com/mambo/content/view/50/53/

TiggsTours
18th-November-2005, 04:24 PM
Me!:clap:

Rebecca
18th-November-2005, 04:25 PM
Paid deposit in September so that'll be a yes :D

under par
18th-November-2005, 04:30 PM
Paid deposit in September so that'll be a yes :D

Won a free weekend for our fancy dress in September:yeah: :yeah:

So Mrs Par and I will be there.

HOW MANY DAYS TO GO ????

:whistle:

Lee
18th-November-2005, 04:33 PM

HOW MANY DAYS TO GO ????

189 :blush:

under par
18th-November-2005, 04:35 PM
189 :blush:

Sorry Lee you must do it right....

ONLY 189 days to go David James !!:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Zebra Woman
18th-November-2005, 04:36 PM

HOW MANY DAYS TO GO ????

And most deservedly so! :worthy: :worthy:

Miss Conduct and I will be there too...:clap:

(I'll leave the counting to one of the resident experts)

ZW:flower:

senorita
18th-November-2005, 04:37 PM
Anyone got room in their car for little me?? :innocent:
room in there chalet?? :)

TheTramp
18th-November-2005, 04:53 PM
I expect I'll be there!!

(And flying to Oz and NZ for 3 months the day after!! :clap: )

Cruella
18th-November-2005, 04:57 PM
I'll be there with Minnie M and Tiggstours.:clap:

LMC
18th-November-2005, 06:28 PM

ONLY 189 days to go David James !!:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
Big fonts like that are a real problem for those of us in open plan offices. Of course I only look at the forum in my lunch break, but even so...

Minnie M
18th-November-2005, 07:01 PM
I'll be there with Minnie M and Tiggstours.:clap:
:yeah: :clap: :yeah:

Lynn
18th-November-2005, 11:06 PM
Of course I only look at the forum in my lunch break, but even so...Long lunch break? :whistle:

Lee
21st-November-2005, 01:45 PM

Sorry :whistle:

Little Monkey
21st-November-2005, 04:24 PM
:clap: 186 days to go!!:clap:

Oh, and yes, I booked in September, so you can't get rid of me I'm afraid.... :D

Baby Peaches
21st-November-2005, 06:22 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: Myself and a few of my nowegian cronies are coming and are really looking forward to it!!

drathzel
22nd-November-2005, 05:46 PM
Me!!!!! And i am really looking forward to it!:D

Lynn
22nd-November-2005, 08:49 PM
Me!!!!! And i am really looking forward to it!:D:yeah:
Well, doesn't really need saying. (Anyone who has seen me on a Fri afternoon arriving at Southport knows how glad I am to be there! Yes, I have been known to literally jump up and down and hug lots of people, and I'm not normally that excitable! :rofl: )

Hopefully with a few other NI dancers (who will all go to bed early :tears: )

drathzel
23rd-November-2005, 09:23 PM
Hopefully with a few other NI dancers (who will all go to bed early :tears: )

You never know we may have a few dancers who want to stay up late going too!:grin:

Lynn
23rd-November-2005, 09:30 PM
You never know we may have a few dancers who want to stay up late going too!:grin:Not the ones I'm sharing with! But that's OK as I'm getting very good at tiptoeing in at dawn! :really: :innocent:

drathzel
23rd-November-2005, 09:41 PM
Not the ones I'm sharing with! But that's OK as I'm getting very good at tiptoeing in at dawn! :really: :innocent:

Tip toe... why both, just dance til they get up for their classes and then go to bed!:clap: :devil:

Lynn
23rd-November-2005, 09:50 PM
Tip toe... why both, just dance til they get up for their classes and then go to bed!:clap: :devil:There's just an hour or two in between to kill. I could go to someone else's chalet for breakfast, or something :whistle: (depending on whose chalet and what's on offer! :devil: )

drathzel
23rd-November-2005, 09:57 PM
There's just an hour or two in between to kill. I could go to someone else's chalet for breakfast, or something :whistle: (depending on whose chalet and what's on offer! :devil: )

Or we could make the dj break a record by playing to the latest time.... and they could try and beat it every night!!!:devil:

Lucy Locket
23rd-November-2005, 11:26 PM
I'll be there too:clap:

Missy D
24th-November-2005, 10:06 AM
I have never been to Southport before - maybe i should come along too. Will contact Dee and see if she is up for it. Will there be room for us tone lowerers:innocent:

stewart38
24th-November-2005, 12:29 PM
I have never been to Southport before - maybe i should come along too. Will contact Dee and see if she is up for it. Will there be room for us tone lowerers:innocent:

The tone can be fairly low so the 'famous trio' would fit in nicely :yeah:

Ive already got Sammy Davis Junior cast, which one wants to be Dean Martin which one wants to be old blue eyes Frank Senartra

senorita
24th-November-2005, 12:32 PM
WB kindly invited me in her car with Jackdee and pick me up too . So just checking now if I can get the time off work...hope so

drathzel
24th-November-2005, 08:50 PM

Well they let me go! This will be my third time!!!!!!:clap:

Paul F
24th-November-2005, 11:28 PM
Im really looking forward to this weekend already and its not even the right year yet :sick:

That blues room. Doors open, chilled music, lovely atmosphere ........
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Missy D
24th-November-2005, 11:31 PM
Im really looking forward to this weekend already and its not even the right year yet :sick:

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Dee look another reason to book Southport:drool: :drool:

Paul F
25th-November-2005, 12:21 AM

You mean it was in question? :what: :what:

Never!

WittyBird
25th-November-2005, 12:29 AM

It would be extremely rude not to go:rolleyes:

Dizzy
25th-November-2005, 12:52 AM
I should be going to Southport next June. :clap: :clap:

I need to find people to share a room with first though!! :sorry:

LMC
25th-November-2005, 10:05 AM
Pick me, pick me! - if you book it I'll do you a cheque when I get back from the US if that's OK :hug:

Lynn
25th-November-2005, 11:14 AM
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:Don't! That's like talking about yummy food when someone is really hungry but knows its ages before they can get to eat.:tears:

And I can actually get a dance this time? :whistle:

Paul F
25th-November-2005, 11:48 AM
And I can actually get a dance this time? :whistle:

Definately :hug:

Big :worthy: to John and Wes too. Just received my confirmation in the post. I think I said the same last year but how great is it to receive a printed envelope containing really nice flyers and a little slip confirming your booking.
Its a small thing but it takes time to do. I like little touches like that. I suppose email works just as well but its far more personal this way.

:cheers:

senorita
25th-November-2005, 11:51 AM
I should be going to Southport next June. :clap: :clap:

me?? :blush: :whistle:

Liz
25th-November-2005, 04:40 PM
I know it's a bit early but i was just wondering who was thinking about going to Southport on the weekend of 2nd–5th June 2006?

Lee
Copyright ‘LMC’

I'll definitely be there... it's the best weekender ever!!

Lee
26th-November-2005, 12:36 AM
It looks like more are going to Southport in June than Camber in May :confused:

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6980

I assume if i can only do one i should do Southport, it's just so far to go.

Lee

spindr
26th-November-2005, 02:39 AM

Lee
You might find that there's something similar a bit closer -- http://jiveaddiction.com/mambo/content/view/46// -- have been reading the Bristol LeRoc forum :)

SpinDr

P.S. I'd have plugged MJC as being closer to you -- but doesn't look like there's any plan yet for 2006?

Magic Hans
29th-November-2005, 01:15 PM
I'm in!!

:grin: :D :na: :waycool: :drool: :yum: :devil: :rofl: :flower:

:hug: :kiss: :cheers: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Donna
29th-November-2005, 01:38 PM

Lee
Copyright ‘LMC’

Think I'll definately being going next year, seeing I missed the last two. can't wait!

johnah
2nd-December-2005, 04:42 PM
It looks like more are going to Southport in June than Camber in May :confused:

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6980

Lee

Ok, I'm biased, but it's well worth the trip Lee. Just ask Under Par who travels from Worthing, or those who travel from Cornwall or Aberdeen etc etc.
:wink:

johnah
2nd-December-2005, 04:55 PM
You might find that there's something similar a bit closer -- http://jiveaddiction.com/mambo/content/view/46// -- have been reading the Bristol LeRoc forum :)

SpinDr
You'll be talking about the BIG BANG! at the Winter Gardens, Weston-super-Mare on 22 April 2006 I presume. :whistle: Where 4 times World Masters Champion GARY McINTYRE will be teaching amongst others! Hope to see you there.

Lynn
2nd-December-2005, 05:41 PM
Ok, I'm biased, but it's well worth the trip Lee. Just ask Under Par who travels from Worthing, or those who travel from Cornwall or Aberdeen etc etc.
:wink:Or Belfast!

drathzel
3rd-December-2005, 12:55 PM
Or Belfast!
:yeah: :yeah:!!!!!!!!!

Minnie M
3rd-December-2005, 02:46 PM
You'll be talking about the BIG BANG! at the Winter Gardens, Weston-super-Mare on 22 April 2006 I presume. :whistle: Where 4 times World Masters Champion GARY McINTYRE will be teaching amongst others! Hope to see you there.
I get very confused with titles like "World Masters Champion" in what dance style(s) :confused: and what will they be teaching ?

spindr
3rd-December-2005, 06:06 PM
I get very confused with titles like "World Masters Champion" in what dance style(s) :confused: and what will they be teaching ?
Looks like you might need a stetson and boots? See http://www.members.shaw.ca/calgarydancestampede/Welcome.htm

See also http://www.gldance.com/

SpinDr.

Missy D
5th-December-2005, 10:04 PM
Anyone up for a BIG BANG! at the Winter Gardens, Weston-super-Mare on 22 April 2006.

Sure Dee will be well up for it!:whistle:

dee
5th-December-2005, 11:49 PM
Sure Dee will be well up for it!:whistle:

Why is it always me?

Well ok, i'm up for a good bang, is it gang bang :rofl:

Hey sis this was a decent thread before you got in. So are you going to Southport ?

Dazzle
6th-December-2005, 04:53 AM
I also booked back in September too, going for a hat trick now. Hopefully, I can dance all weekend this time after a hand injury in September:blush: .

If the weather is as good as in June this year the Blues Room will be fab! :clap:

Paul F
7th-December-2005, 03:29 PM
If the weather is as good as in June this year the Blues Room will be fab! :clap:

I have absolutely everything crossed :nice:

drathzel
7th-December-2005, 08:15 PM
I also booked back in September too, going for a hat trick now. Hopefully, I can dance all weekend this time after a hand injury in September:blush:

:yeah: only mine was a knee injury!:hug:

Liz
10th-January-2006, 03:25 PM
Just read on Jive Addiction website - Anton and Errin from Strictly Come Dancing will be there teaching! How cool is that?? I just luv Anton and will definitely be asking him for a dance.

Lynn
10th-January-2006, 03:30 PM
Just read on Jive Addiction website - Anton and Errin from Strictly Come Dancing will be there teaching! How cool is that?? I just luv Anton and will definitely be asking him for a dance.:clap: Fab!

I would love a dance with Anton!

under par
10th-January-2006, 03:33 PM
:clap: Fab!

Do you think he would do me the honour?

Liz
10th-January-2006, 03:33 PM
:clap: Fab!

Well if you get to him before me Lynn, please drag him around untill you find me... and I'll do the same for you? :cheers:

drathzel
10th-January-2006, 03:35 PM
Well if you get to him before me Lynn, please drag him around untill you find me... and I'll do the same for you? :cheers:

I can i join in this pact too? altho i dont know if i can dance any of the dances he does:tears:

Lynn
10th-January-2006, 03:36 PM
Well if you get to him before me Lynn, please drag him around untill you find me... and I'll do the same for you? :cheers:Deal! :flower: :rofl:

Liz
10th-January-2006, 03:50 PM
I can i join in this pact too? altho i dont know if i can dance any of the dances he does:tears:
Neither do I, I'll just let him lead me...!!!
Anyway, we will be able to dance with him when we've done a few of their classes?

Liz
10th-January-2006, 03:52 PM
Do you think he would do me the honour?
Well, I've seen you dance with a man in the Blues room at Southport... so I guess you can but ask!!:wink:

johnah
10th-January-2006, 05:47 PM
Just read on Jive Addiction website - Anton and Errin from Strictly Come Dancing will be there teaching! How cool is that?? I just luv Anton and will definitely be asking him for a dance.

Have you also noticed, that unlike most [if not all] other organisers, that we publish our teachers well in advance of an event and that you don't have to wait until you turn up to discover what the weekend's programme is? In other words, with Jive Addiction you know what to expect in this respect.

Accompanying Anton Du Beke & Erin Boag in June will be the legendary Robert Cordoba & Deborah Szekely [5 times US Open Champions], plus the likes of Argentinean Tango Masters, Ivan Arandia-Chacon & Magali Pertuze and, not forgetting, Nigel & Nina; Viktor Andeke, Simon Selmon & Taina Kortelainen, Peter Phillips & Evelyne, Mark & Jackie etc etc!!

Another AWESOME summer weekender to look forward too!!!:clap:

stewart38
10th-January-2006, 06:00 PM
Have you also noticed, that unlike most [if not all] other organisers, that we publish our teachers well in advance of an event and that you don't have to wait until you turn up to discover what the weekend's programme is? In other words, with Jive Addiction you know what to expect in this respect.

Accompanying Anton Du Beke & Erin Boag in June will be the legendary Robert Cordoba & Deborah Szekely [5 times US Open Champions], plus the likes of Argentinean Tango Masters, Ivan Arandia-Chacon & Magali Pertuze and, not forgetting, Nigel & Nina; Viktor Andeke, Simon Selmon & Taina Kortelainen, Peter Phillips & Evelyne, Mark & Jackie etc etc!!

what happen to Father christmas , no more surprises anymore :sad:

Zebra Woman
10th-January-2006, 06:06 PM

I love knowing in advance what to expect, and knowing in advance that there will be even numbers too. :clap:

I am drooling already.:drool: :drool: :drool:

I just need to work out how to stay awake for all of their classes and the afternoon bluesing and the evenings too....

Hmmm a dance with Anton du Beke? Now that really would be 'Tres Bon'

ZW

johnah
10th-January-2006, 06:14 PM
what happen to Father christmas , no more surprises anymore :sad:

Hey, what about the weather then? Now that's always a surprise Stewart!
:waycool:

Lynn
11th-January-2006, 11:22 AM
Hey, what about the weather then? Now that's always a surprise Stewart!
:waycool:Not so far, I think its been dry and sunny most of the time on all 4 Southport weekenders. :waycool:

drathzel
11th-January-2006, 11:39 AM
Not so far, I think its been dry and sunny most of the time on all 4 Southport weekenders. :waycool:
I've been on two weekenders and i agree with you (altho i think in the wee small hours in september we had a bit of rain, but your not going out in it anyway!):D

Lynn
11th-January-2006, 12:32 PM
I've been on two weekenders and i agree with you (altho i think in the wee small hours in september we had a bit of rain, but your not going out in it anyway!):DOh yes, there may have been a bit of a shower, but you are right, we aren't going out at that time of night, we are still dancing!

I just remember lots of sunny Saturdays at Southport. :waycool:

johnah
11th-January-2006, 05:18 PM
I love knowing in advance what to expect, and knowing in advance that there will be even numbers too. :clap:
ZW

Sorry ladies, but from today we are restricting bookings by ladies only and are currently only accepting bookings from mixed couples and men. :tears:

This doesn't mean you can't come to Southport, you just need to find a man who hasn't already booked in and pair up in a 2-bedroom budget apartment. Alternatively, you can email us at southport@jiveaddiction.com and go on our waiting list pending cancellations. :flower:

Please note also the following:

ALL Club 2-bedroom apartments - SOLD OUT!!
ALL Classic 1-bedroom apartments - SOLD OUT!!

For those dancers who wisely booked in whilst at Southport last September, please remember, your balances are due by 01 March!

LMC
11th-January-2006, 05:46 PM
Sorry ladies, but from today we are restricting bookings by ladies only and are currently only accepting bookings from mixed couples and men. :tears:
Bu**er, that'll teach me :rolleyes:

Any men intending to book for SP who will be a mixed couple with me (for the purposes of booking only of course) please PM? Thanks :flower:

Dizzy
11th-January-2006, 05:49 PM

Any men intending to book for SP who will be a mixed couple with me (for the purposes of booking only of course) please PM? Thanks :flower:

:yeah: :yeah: :tears:

That'll teach me too!! :eek:

LMC
11th-January-2006, 05:52 PM
Guys, if neither of you can stand to share with me and/or Dizzy then we can do some swapping so you can share with each other - 'cos I'll share with you if you'll share with me Diz :flower:

Minnie M
11th-January-2006, 09:26 PM
June is a long way off, there are sure to be some cancellations etc., before then :flower:

Lynn
12th-January-2006, 11:42 AM
June is a long way off, there are sure to be some cancellations etc., before then :flower:There probably will be, but there may already be a waiting list... (and it may book out earlier than last year). Best option is to find a man to book with.

stewart38
13th-January-2006, 11:05 AM

I cant be arsed to find the gender balance thread but i think a woman in January now cant book for an event in June seems to 'suggest' there must be better ways

Im booking in late May :yeah:

Maybe the men will put there names down and not go or not dance ??

all you need is a man name and change it late on for a lady and say the man was taken ill

your not addressing the underlying issue which is

FREE PLACES FOR MEN :yeah:

Lynn
13th-January-2006, 11:44 AM
I cant be arsed to find the gender balance thread but i think a woman in January now cant book for an event in June seems to 'suggest' there must be better ways

Im booking in late May :yeah: By late May there may be no spaces for men either!

stewart38
13th-January-2006, 11:54 AM
By late May there may be no spaces for men either!

Thank god ive already book then :whistle:

johnah
13th-January-2006, 12:48 PM

all you need is a man name and change it late on for a lady and say the man was taken ill

The best way is to book early, like the 100s who do so whilst at Southport!! We have set a maximum dance capacity and within it, we work towards maintaining and achieve a reasonably good balance of men and ladies.

We do this in the best interests of ladies and monitor every booking very carefully prior to the event and on arrival. So, it would be unwise for anyone to try out your suggestion!!

johnah
13th-January-2006, 12:51 PM
By late May there may be no spaces for men either!

:yeah:

johnah
13th-January-2006, 12:52 PM
Thank god ive already book then :whistle:

Are you sure?
:rofl:

LMC
13th-January-2006, 12:58 PM
The best way is to book early, like the 100s who do so whilst at Southport!! We have set a maximum dance capacity and within it, we work towards maintaining and achieve a reasonably good balance of men and ladies.
I'm cross at myself for my inability to think/plan that far ahead.

Missing out would be sad (although I'm hoping to find someone to book with!) - but I still think gender-balancing is preferable and appreciate the efforts you guys go to to ensure this.

stewart38
13th-January-2006, 12:59 PM

We do this in the best interests of ladies and monitor every booking very carefully prior to the event and on arrival. So, it would be unwise for anyone to try out your suggestion!!

If I was a lady id book this fantasic event for next yr ie 2007 June at the June 2006 event. I could see no ladies places being availible in October ?

Have any ladies already booked for 2007 ?

Im all for gender balance its a great idea . maybe my degree in Economics give me a different slant re the manipulation of market forces :sad:

Lynn
13th-January-2006, 01:29 PM
If I was a lady id book this fantasic event for next yr ie 2007 June at the June 2006 event. I could see no ladies places being availible in October ? Its not quite that bad - yet. Women did have had 4 months opportunity to book. (And the next one is September, not October.)

David Bailey
13th-January-2006, 01:44 PM
Are you sure?
:rofl: You're an evil man. :worthy:

johnah
13th-January-2006, 02:14 PM
Its not quite that bad - yet. Women did have had 4 months opportunity to book. (And the next one is September, not October.)

Well said Lynn! Also, we're not saying ladies can't come now, they just need to pair up with a man [who's not already booked in] in the same accommodation and, everyone knows or should do by now, that we offer dancers the most generous occupancy levels in our apartments, unlike some organisers we could name.

We shall begin to accept bookings for September [15-18] next month and, we kid you not, we have someone extra special from the USA coming across the pond to teach at Jiving You Wild! Absolutely AWESOME and not to be missed!!!

See you at Scarborough Lynn.
:flower:

Lynn
13th-January-2006, 02:19 PM
We shall begin to accept bookings for September [15-18] next month and, we kid you not, we have someone extra special from the USA coming across the pond to teach at Jiving You Wild! Good, I've already my flights booked for September! :rofl: (With 'book early, get 'em while they're cheap' Easyjet)

See you at Scarborough Lynn. See you there! :D

Little Monkey
13th-January-2006, 02:50 PM
Why is June so far away??? I wanna go to Southport NOW! I need my blues room fix! Aaaaah, dancing by the open doors in the blues room until sunrise.... Or until my back collapses and I have to crawl back to my chalet!

Oh well, in the meantime I'll have to go to London for Funky Lush and Monday Lush to get my fix of smoooooooth dances............ Besides, I can't possibly go to Southport without my new Heavenly Dance Shoes (that are not ready yet), so it's just as well Southport is a few months away.....

....NOT!

stewart38
13th-January-2006, 03:05 PM
Its not quite that bad - yet. Women did have had 4 months opportunity to book. (And the next one is September, not October.)

No women places by October 2006 for June 2007

Im digging a big hole now so i get out :sad:

Cruella
14th-January-2006, 11:01 AM
If I was a lady id book this fantasic event for next yr ie 2007 June at the June 2006 event. I could see no ladies places being availible in October ?

:

This would be nothing new!! Years ago, when i used to go annually to Camber (before there were so many more weekenders to choose from) We used to book in November for the following November to ensure a place, as they used to sell out really quickly. Stewart, i still don't get why you have such a problem with the fact that ladies places sell out before mens!! If there are 500 tickets for females and 500 tickets for men, thats whats available!! Whats unfair about that?

Trousers
31st-January-2006, 12:39 PM
Anyone got a ladies ticket for this weekender?

I've been tasked with finding a ticket as there was a cockup with emails apparently.

Accommodation is not required she just needs to get through the door.

Yliander
2nd-February-2006, 11:25 PM
me :clap: me :clap: me:clap: I'll be there!!!

looking forward to the chance to meet so many formites so early in my time in the UK

Lynn
3rd-February-2006, 12:54 AM

looking forward to the chance to meet so many formites so early in my time in the UKFab! It will be lovely to meet you! :hug: And its a really good event to meet forumites at - there is a forum reception where we all meet and dance and poss a forum BBQ as well.:waycool:

Yliander
3rd-February-2006, 01:07 AM
Fab! It will be lovely to meet you! :hug: And its a really good event to meet forumites at - there is a forum reception where we all meet and dance and poss a forum BBQ as well.:waycool:ooo a forum reception - lovely!!!

does a schedule of classes/events over the weekend get sent out? or do just have to discover the schedule when you arrive?

Minnie M
3rd-February-2006, 01:09 AM

looking forward to the chance to meet so many formites so early in my time in the UK
:yeah: fantastic :yeah: looking forward to meeting you too :flower:

Lynn
3rd-February-2006, 01:12 AM
ooo a forum reception - lovely!!!

does a schedule of classes/events over the weekend get sent out? or do just have to discover the schedule when you arrive?It gets sent out a week or so before - there is a programme booklet with all workshops and freestyle times. It usually also lists the time and location of the forum reception too. Southport is a really great weekender and my fav event of the year!

Yliander
3rd-February-2006, 01:16 AM
It gets sent out a week or so before - there is a programme booklet with all workshops and freestyle times. It usually also lists the time and location of the forum reception too. Southport is a really great weekender and my fav event of the year! Thanks for the info - can't wait to meet everyone!!!:cheers: :clap: :hug:

drathzel
3rd-February-2006, 04:22 PM
ooo a forum reception - lovely!!!

does a schedule of classes/events over the weekend get sent out? or do just have to discover the schedule when you arrive?

after our chats on MSN, i am so looking forward to meeting you:hug:

johnah
10th-February-2006, 04:32 PM
As most, if not all forumites, are aware at Jive Addiction events we endeavour to maintain a reasonably balanced ratio of men:ladies. A couple of weeks ago we announced that we were only accepting bookings from men and mixed couples :tears:

Today we have announced on our website that we are now only accepting bookings from MEN ONLY. So sorry ladies :tears: but you know we don't want you to experience the kind of overload you might experience at similar events.

The good news is that we have opened bookings for September's [15-18] event much much earlier than usual. So, if you want to avoid future disappointment ladies, you know what to do!:wink:

Also, don't forget BIG BANG! at the Winter Gardens, Weston-super-Mare on 22 April, that's gonna be a blast and is selling fast.

www.jiveaddiction.com

Lynn
10th-February-2006, 09:00 PM
Today we have announced on our website that we are now only accepting bookings from MEN ONLY. So sorry ladies :tears: but you know we don't want you to experience the kind of overload you might experience at similar events. And only 80 places left anyway.:really:

LMC
24th-February-2006, 12:57 PM
ME!!! - I got a ticket :waycool: :clap: (thank you so much for putting me in touch with that friend of yours Lory :hug: :kiss: )

EDIT: Oh, go on then, I'll click on the poll... only 'cos it's Southport mind.

ducasi
24th-February-2006, 01:36 PM
ME!!! - I got a ticket :waycool: :clap:
Cool! Look forward seeing you there. :)

Lou
8th-March-2006, 03:08 PM
Does anyone know of a spare lady's ticket?

I've always fancied doing Southport, but never got the chance before. Now, with my change in circumstances, it means that I can come out to play. Accomodation wouldn't be a problem, as a friend's offered to let me share with her. So all I need is a ticket...

Pretty please? :flower:

L-x-

under par
8th-March-2006, 03:14 PM

I've always fancied doing Southport, but never got the chance before. Now, with my change in circumstances, it means that I can come out to play. Accomodation wouldn't be a problem, as a friend's offered to let me share with her. So all I need is a ticket...

L-x-

Good luck Lou it would be great to see you there.:hug:

Lou
9th-March-2006, 08:13 AM
Good luck Lou it would be great to see you there.:hug:
Thanks. :hug: Am keeping my fingers & toes crossed! ;)

stewart38
13th-March-2006, 11:04 AM

L-x-

was speaking to a 'lady' as you do at the Walthemstow Ball who isnt on the forum

she was well annoyed re this gender balance thing and said she would prefer to go and have a gender imbalance then not go at all

I dont think i know any forum women that think like that but a number of non forum women do, interesting

Zebra Woman
13th-March-2006, 11:33 AM
was speaking to a 'lady' as you do at the Walthemstow Ball who isnt on the forum

she was well annoyed re this gender balance thing and said she would prefer to go and have a gender imbalance then not go at all

I dont think i know any forum women that think like that but a number of non forum women do, interesting

So Stewart, will she be sueing Jiveaddiction?

Lynn
13th-March-2006, 08:37 PM
So how many days now?

under par
14th-March-2006, 10:58 AM
So how many days now?

I'm so glad you asked.......

I believe there are 80 days until we start dancing on Friday 2nd June

Lynn
14th-March-2006, 11:06 AM
I'm so glad you asked.......

I believe there are 80 days until we start dancing on Friday 2nd June:clap: :clap:

(And no-one having a moan about the 'here we go again on a countdown' :whistle: )

under par
14th-March-2006, 11:10 AM
:clap: :clap:

(And no-one having a moan about the 'here we go again on a countdown' :whistle: )

YET!:whistle:

Lou
14th-March-2006, 12:28 PM
Thanks. :hug: Am keeping my fingers & toes crossed! ;)
It worked! Have now got a ticket! Thank you all! :hug: :hug: :hug:

under par
14th-March-2006, 12:33 PM

Great news Lou :yeah: :yeah: and only 80 days to wait:cheers:

ducasi
14th-March-2006, 04:21 PM
Excellent news! :D

under par
15th-March-2006, 06:44 PM
79 days:cheers: :cheers:

Lynn
15th-March-2006, 06:51 PM
79 days:cheers: :cheers::D Someone's lurking you know UP, he might neg rep you this time!:rofl:

under par
15th-March-2006, 06:55 PM
:D Someone's lurking you know UP, he might neg rep you this time!:rofl:

I don't know about lurking............ I think David James is STALKING me:whistle:

Top Bird
16th-March-2006, 03:51 PM
Whilst having been to Camber many times, I am a Southport Virgin - can't wait:clap: :clap:

Top Bird
16th-March-2006, 03:53 PM
Whilst having been to Camber many times, I am a Southport Virgin - can't wait:clap: :clap:If music be the food of love, dance on

under par
16th-March-2006, 03:55 PM
You 'll have a great time Top Bird.

Where you from, where do you normally dance etc 'cos there is nothing in your forum profile!!!

78 days to go folks

under par
18th-March-2006, 03:04 PM
76 now!:cheers:

camel
19th-March-2006, 01:31 AM
hello everyone, this is my first post woop!

it's camel here, the curly whirly girlie who wears nonesense clothes and talks nonesense too ..

it's sO nice mice to be here with all you lovely happy dancing people .. it would be nice to hear from people i've met before, i lOve dancing and i would lOve to come to Southport in June but i have no ticket, i left it too late to book! :(

there are no female places left, so please if anyone has a spare ladies ticket for whatever reason, please please let me know and oh i will be so so happy clappy :)

thank you :) and i hope to meet and talk and dance and drink with all of you at some time! x

Alice
19th-March-2006, 01:44 AM
Me too! Drat that gender balanced thing...grin. Would be great to have a chance to come to Southport... I left it too late to book too cos I wasn't sure what I'd be doing around then. Any spare tickets? Any guys who haven't booked yet and want to balance things out a bit? :P :flower:

Lynn
19th-March-2006, 11:09 AM
hello everyone, this is my first post woop!

it's camel here, the curly whirly girlie who wears nonesense clothes and talks nonesense too .. Welcome to the forum Camel! :hug:

there are no female places left, so please if anyone has a spare ladies ticket for whatever reason, please please let me know and oh i will be so so happy clappy :) :yeah:
We want Camel to come to Southport!:flower:

under par
21st-March-2006, 02:55 AM
73 and still counting:cheers:

under par
22nd-March-2006, 09:43 AM
72 now

drathzel
29th-March-2006, 01:26 AM
72 now
how many now?

under par
30th-March-2006, 01:15 PM
how many now?

I make it 64:yeah: :yeah: :cheers:

drathzel
30th-March-2006, 01:27 PM
I make it 64:yeah: :yeah: :cheers:

woohoo!:D

under par
30th-March-2006, 04:02 PM
Aleks, azande, Baby Peaches, BeeBee, Claire S, Crossa, Cruella, Danielle, DaveD, DavidY, Dazzle, DianaS, Divissima, Dizzy, drathzel, ducasi, filthycute, FirstMove, fletch, Franck, Gill (Norwich), Hevmac, James A-H, jammy, jivecat, johnah, JonD, Lee, Limpy Tink, Little Monkey, Liz, LMC, Lory, Lou, Lounge Lizard, Lucy Locket, Lynn, Magic Hans, melb, Minnie M, Mr Fitz, nws9992000, Paul F, Petal, Raphael, Rebecca, Sand Dancer, Sheppy, SilverFox, Simon, Spice 'n' Easy, spikey blond, Spin dryer, stewart38, Sunshine, TheTramp, Tiggerbabe, TiggsTours, under par, WittyBird, Yliander, Zebra Woman

You all still going ???:cheers:

under par
30th-March-2006, 04:03 PM
Caro, ChrisU, dancing duggie, DavidJames, Dreadful Scathe, Freddie_C, FXS N.Q, Lindsay, Mie, Mr Cool, onkar, Seahorse

Any of you undecideds made your mind up yet??

Sparkles
30th-March-2006, 04:11 PM
Does anyone know what the fancy dress is for the Saturday night yet?
... it wouldn't be 'librarians' by any chance would it? :blush: :innocent:

Cruella
30th-March-2006, 04:17 PM
...lots of us

Well i am. :clap:

under par
30th-March-2006, 04:20 PM
Does anyone know what the fancy dress is for the Saturday night yet?
... it wouldn't be 'librarians' by any chance would it? :blush: :innocent:

you mean librarians.................................. with long straight hair:drool: ........................................ wearing spectacles.:drool: ................................... smouldering good looks:drool: .....

STOP IT ! STOP IT NOW!

TheTramp
30th-March-2006, 04:38 PM
:yeah: :flower:

drathzel
30th-March-2006, 04:51 PM
:yeah: :clap: :D

Wes
30th-March-2006, 05:44 PM
Hi Forumites,::respect:
I would like to state that John and I (JIVEADDICTION) are really very sorry to all the ladies and couples who cannot now be at our June event, due to our gender balancing policy, and we wish you could ALL be there :blush: :sad: , but as we stated a year ago, this policy really is in everyone's best interest, (it now seems that other organisors think so too...now!) HOWEVER>>>> A SERIOUS ADVANCE WARNING..:eek: .Our September Weekender 'JIVING YOU WILD' is selling like hot cakes, and will, without doubt be sold out BY or AT the June weekender !! So please, Forumites, especially ladies, if you do not wish to be excluded, then get your deposits in NOW !!
On a happier note, we are VERY pleased to announce :clap: :clap: :clap: that due to massive popular demand, we will be holding another, regular weekender, at Southport in FEBRUARY 2-5TH. 2007 and thereafter annually
the full details of which we will publish/announce very shortly, but be assured...this will certainly be an event not to miss.:cheers:

fletch
30th-March-2006, 05:50 PM
we are VERY pleased to announce :clap: :clap: :clap: that due to massive popular demand, we will be holding another, regular weekender, at Southport in FEBRUARY 2-5TH. 2007 :

:clap: :clap: :clap:

When can we book :flower:

Seahorse
30th-March-2006, 05:56 PM
Caro, ChrisU, dancing duggie, DavidJames, Dreadful Scathe, Freddie_C, FXS N.Q, Lindsay, Mie, Mr Cool, onkar, Seahorse

Any of you undecideds made your mind up yet??

Yes, of course Mr Underpar. I've just paid my final installment and will be driving up with Spice n'easy and Lucy on the friday night.

Bit of an expensive month with regards to weekenders... camber, southport, breeze and storm07... still I'd rather do these than blow it in the pub!

Little Monkey
30th-March-2006, 06:20 PM
{snip}Little Monkey {snip}

Of course! :clap:

Yliander
31st-March-2006, 03:06 AM
You all still going ???:cheers: I am:clap: I am :cheers: you will all have to very gentle with me as it will be my first time

Dance Demon
31st-March-2006, 08:55 AM
Aleks, azande, Baby Peaches, BeeBee, Claire S, Crossa, Cruella, Danielle, DaveD, DavidY, Dazzle, DianaS, Divissima, Dizzy, drathzel, ducasi, filthycute, FirstMove, fletch, Franck, Gill (Norwich), Hevmac, James A-H, jammy, jivecat, johnah, JonD, Lee, Limpy Tink, Little Monkey, Liz, LMC, Lory, Lou, Lounge Lizard, Lucy Locket, Lynn, Magic Hans, melb, Minnie M, Mr Fitz, nws9992000, Paul F, Petal, Raphael, Rebecca, Sand Dancer, Sheppy, SilverFox, Simon, Spice 'n' Easy, spikey blond, Spin dryer, stewart38, Sunshine, TheTramp, Tiggerbabe, TiggsTours, under par, WittyBird, Yliander, Zebra Woman

Add my name to that list UP:clap:

fletch
31st-March-2006, 09:02 AM
Add my name to that list UP:clap:

Save me a dance:flower:

Aleks
31st-March-2006, 09:24 AM
Does anyone know what the theme is on the Sat night?
(yes, yes, we know that Mr & Mrs UP are going to win a prize - again!)

Lou
31st-March-2006, 09:24 AM

Ooooh! Yes! :D I was just making plans last night with Jan, my chalet partner in crime... :devil:

Dance Demon
31st-March-2006, 11:00 AM

You betcha:hug: :hug:

filthycute
31st-March-2006, 11:15 AM
Does anyone know what the theme is on the Sat night?
(yes, yes, we know that Mr & Mrs UP are going to win a prize - again!)

It's Chicago/ roaring 20's

I presume you'll have suitable attire in your wardrobe ;)

fc x x

Aleks
31st-March-2006, 11:20 AM

fc x x

Erm.....probably :blush: .
Don't have any 20's stuff tho'!

JonD
31st-March-2006, 02:14 PM
You all still going ???
Sure am! There'll be 9 in my group and we're doing our bit for the gender balance - 5 guys and 4 girls.

Claire S
31st-March-2006, 02:32 PM
{snip} Claire S {snip},

You all still going ???:cheers:Oh yes! :D

Mie
3rd-April-2006, 02:42 PM

You can add me on to that list too now! :clap:

spikey blond
3rd-April-2006, 03:22 PM

I'll be there too wouldn't miss it for the world!

spikey blond
3rd-April-2006, 03:26 PM
OOoooooops that's me going twice now - see I was already on Under Par's list!

stewart38
3rd-April-2006, 03:56 PM

yep if i get the balance in on time ,whens that due ,soon i think ??

fletch
3rd-April-2006, 04:12 PM

fc x x
FAB

Its my favourite style of dress :waycool:

I'v got mine already :D

JonD
3rd-April-2006, 04:38 PM
yep if i get the balance in on time ,whens that due ,soon i think ??
19th April.

under par
5th-April-2006, 01:44 PM
By my reckoning its HEINZ day today.

only
57 days to go:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :yeah:

Ickle Chick'n
7th-April-2006, 04:34 PM
I'm gong too, hoping to put some more face to names on the forum, Dizzy usually ends up introducing me! Anyone got sapce on their dance card to squeeze me in?!:flower:

DavidY
7th-April-2006, 06:12 PM
Anyone got space on their dance card to squeeze me in?!:flower:Me! :flower:

Dizzy
7th-April-2006, 06:32 PM
I'm gong too, hoping to put some more face to names on the forum, Dizzy usually ends up introducing me! Anyone got sapce on their dance card to squeeze me in?!:flower:

No problem :wink:

Me! :flower:

Fit me in too :flower:

p.s. I don't suppose anyone knows of any extra girls tickets for sale.

Ickle Chick'n
8th-April-2006, 01:40 PM
Yay, have to attend forum meeting so can identify you! :grin:

Cheers Dizzy, you're a star.

It seems soooo far away still though, anyone got hints on survival between weekenders?!:(

Minnie M
8th-April-2006, 01:48 PM
I'm gong too, hoping to put some more face to names on the forum, Dizzy usually ends up introducing me! Anyone got sapce on their dance card to squeeze me in?!

:yeah: :worthy: You won't be disappointed IC (I'll introduce you, if Dizzy doesn't)
I had lots of lovely dances with David at Bognor :clap:
Minnie M (aka Lynda)
:flower:

under par
8th-April-2006, 01:58 PM
Yay, have to attend forum meeting so can identify you! :grin:

Cheers Dizzy, you're a star.

It seems soooo far away still though, anyone got hints on survival between weekenders?!:(

ONLY 54 days now:yeah:

Phil
8th-April-2006, 02:16 PM
I'll be there!
It's my fourth one in a row and I wouldn't miss it for the world!:na:
Am I sad or what? Or are there more people who feel the same?:cheers:

DavidY
8th-April-2006, 02:20 PM
Yay, have to attend forum meeting so can identify you!

I had lots of lovely dances with David at Bognor :blush: :blush:
I have danced with Ickle Chick'n before..:wink:
Also had lovely dances with Minnie :hug: - but I've never been to Bognor.:what:

*goes out to buy some more memorable outfits*

Minnie M
9th-April-2006, 09:32 AM
.......... I've never been to Bognor.......
woops - sorry David, I meant STORM (Camber) :blush:

Dance Demon
9th-April-2006, 01:21 PM
woops - sorry David, I meant STORM (Camber) :blush:

Senior moment Minnie?...ah I know it so well:wink: :rofl:

Minnie M
9th-April-2006, 01:30 PM
Senior moment Minnie?...ah I know it so well:wink: :rofl:
:blush: :yeah: :rofl:so true, but for me not you :eek: I really am an old lady :tears: (but only in body - not in mind :whistle: except for the memory :sad: )

drathzel
9th-April-2006, 02:57 PM
I'll be there!
It's my fourth one in a row and I wouldn't miss it for the world!:na:
Am I sad or what? Or are there more people who feel the same?:cheers:
Me altho its only my third one! I'm even dragging my newly dancing boyfriend along!

Tessalicious
11th-April-2006, 11:41 AM
Watch out everyone, Ms Licious is coming to Southport! Wooohoooo! :cheers:

(I've not been able to sit still long enough to tell you all since I found out :blush: )

Rebecca
11th-April-2006, 12:24 PM

(I've not been able to sit still long enough to tell you all since I found out :blush: )

Brilliant :clap: See you there Tess :hug:

ducasi
11th-April-2006, 02:25 PM
Good to hear it! Save me a dance or two, please. :flower:

Is Mr Licious coming too? :wink:

Tessalicious
11th-April-2006, 02:31 PM
Is Mr Licious coming too? :wink:Fraid not, unfortunately - not his thing. So instead, I'm making it a girly weekend, coming up with LMC and Dizzy, and looking forward to meeting hundreds of lovely people I haven't met yet, and hopefully dancing with all of them, as well as of course all the familiar faces.
Save me a dance or two, please. Oooh, absolutely - I thought you'd never ask :blush: .

EDIT: I have this horrible feeling that I just managed to put CJ off coming to Southport :tears:

under par
11th-April-2006, 02:45 PM
Looking forward to a dance or five then Tess :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: in about 51 days now:yeah: :clap: :yeah: :yeah:

Dizzy
11th-April-2006, 02:55 PM
EDIT: I have this horrible feeling that I just managed to put CJ off coming to Southport :tears:

That is not possible surely :eek: :eek:. You going will surely entice the majority of male dancers to book now :hug: :hug:

It is going to be such a fun trip up with you and LMC now :clap: :clap: :clap:

CJ
11th-April-2006, 03:02 PM

Sshhhh..... It was going so well til you mentioned dizzy...

ducasi
11th-April-2006, 04:11 PM
... coming up with LMC and Dizzy ...

Oooh, absolutely - I thought you'd never ask :blush: Cool. I believe that my chalet could be quite close to Dizzy's... ;)

Looking forward to it... :)

Phil
12th-April-2006, 02:51 PM
Following on from my post where I said that this would be my fourth Southport weekender. I was just wondering how many other people have done?

TheTramp
12th-April-2006, 02:53 PM
If you include the weekend at Scarborough, it'll be my 6th (there has been 4 previous ones at Southport, right?).

TheTramp
12th-April-2006, 02:54 PM

Congratulations. Where should we send the cheque? :rolleyes:

Phil
12th-April-2006, 03:10 PM
If you include the weekend at Scarborough, it'll be my 6th (there has been 4 previous ones at Southport, right?).
Sorry, Forgot to mention Scarborough, I've been there once, so if you include that venue as well it'll be my fifth

Dance Demon
12th-April-2006, 03:45 PM
Following on from my post where I said that this would be my fourth Southport weekender. I was just wondering how many other people have done?

Six for me if you include Scarborough:clap:

Tinkerbell
12th-April-2006, 03:54 PM

First time for me and I can't wait. Only 50 DAYS to go :clap: :D :clap: :D :clap:

stewart38
12th-April-2006, 03:59 PM

Six for me if you include Scarborough:clap:

About 8/9 if you include Cambers and a trip to the Isle of white with my parents when I was 13. :grin:

TheTramp
12th-April-2006, 04:10 PM
About 8/9 if you include Cambers and a trip to the Isle of white with my parents when I was 13. :grin:
Ah. If you include all the residential dance weekenders, I'm on about...30ish.

Camber 11 times
Bognor 3 times
Southport 4 times
Scarborough 1 time
Warmwell 4 times
Pwllheli 1 time
Rockbottoms 1 time
Dance Mania (Oz) 1 time
Just Jiving (Oz) 1 time

Think that's it. Then add in the week long trips - Ski/Dance (2 times). Beachboogie (2 times).

If you start to count in the non-residential dance weekends (Beach Boogie, BFG, NI, etc.), then I've really lost count....

Lynn
12th-April-2006, 06:17 PM
Following on from my post where I said that this would be my fourth Southport weekender. I was just wondering how many other people have done?This will be my fifth Southport weekender. The first one (May 04) was my first weekender. And it was sooo fab!

So far this year I've been to Scarborough, Storm, going to Spain next month (Jive Addiction), and already booked for both Southport weekends this year plus Breeze.

I remember when I started dancing I met a girl who lived in Belfast and did MJ and I asked her where she danced (there was nothing in NI at that stage) and she said 'I go to a weekender every month or two'. I thought 'That's keen!' :rolleyes: :rofl:

I would guess UP will have the highest tally for number of weekenders in a year though...

If you start to count in the non-residential dance weekends (Beach Boogie, BFG, NI, etc.), then I've really lost count....Well you've only been to NI once - so far. I think you need to come back again...

TheTramp
13th-April-2006, 02:18 AM
Well you've only been to NI once - so far. I think you need to come back again...

Me too. I'm just waiting for Danielle to give me the dates!! :D

Rachel
13th-April-2006, 02:11 PM
... I would guess UP will have the highest tally for number of weekenders in a year though...You could be right there - they seem to have a habit of winning them!

However, we must be nearing Trampy's level. Last year we did:

Jan Rock Bottoms
Feb Aberdeen Beach Ballroom
Feb Eastborne
March Blackpool comp (though not exactly a weekender)
April Belfast
May Camber
May Spain holiday
June Southport
Aug Newquay
Sept Southport
Oct Spain holiday
Oct BFG Glasgow
Nov Camber

And so far this year:
Jan Rock Bottoms
Feb Scarborough
Mar Storm
April Big Bang
May Spain holiday
June Southport ...

Having said that, Marc was teaching or dj'ing at all but the Camber weekends. As customers, I'm pretty sure Paul & Sharon would win hands down.

Christ, though - looking at that list, I think I need a holiday!! Marc's getting far too popular ... My last night in, at home, was, I think, on 10 March. Before then, I had 2 nights in in January, and 1 in Feb. I need my bed ....!!!!!

Rachel x

TheTramp
13th-April-2006, 02:19 PM
Hmm..... I think that we must be pretty close. I've had one planned weekend off this year, and one unplanned - although we did go through to Glasgow for a charity dance then - so far. I think that the next one is the middle of July between Perth and Adelaide!

As customers, I'm pretty sure Paul & Sharon would win hands down.

Without a doubt :respect:

stewart38
13th-April-2006, 02:26 PM
You could be right there - they seem to have a habit of winning them!

Jan Rock Bottoms
Feb Aberdeen Beach Ballroom
Feb Eastborne
March Blackpool comp (though not exactly a weekender)
April Belfast
May Camber
May Spain holiday
June Southport
Aug Newquay
Sept Southport
Oct Spain holiday
Oct BFG Glasgow
Nov Camber

And so far this year:
Jan Rock Bottoms
Feb Scarborough
Mar Storm
April Big Bang
May Spain holiday
June Southport ...

Having said that, Marc was teaching or dj'ing at all but the Camber weekends. As customers, I'm pretty sure Paul & Sharon would win hands down.

Christ, though - looking at that list, I think I need a holiday!! Marc's getting far too popular ... My last night in, at home, was, I think, on 10 March. Before then, I had 2 nights in in January, and 1 in Feb. I need my bed ....!!!!!

Rachel x

No May camber this year :sick:

under par
14th-April-2006, 12:45 PM
This will be my fifth Southport weekender. The first one (May 04) was my first weekender. And it was sooo fab!
Mrs Par and I have done all the 4 Southports so far and we are really really looking forward to both of this years too.

only 48 days to go now:cheers: :cheers:

So far this year I've been to Scarborough, Storm, going to Spain next month (Jive Addiction), and already booked for both Southport weekends this year plus Breeze.

won't make Spain in May but will be going for a week in October
to Costa Dorada.:clap:

I would guess UP will have the highest tally for number of weekenders in a year though...

I don't know about that.

2006 so far
Jan Bognor
Feb Scarborogh
March Storm
April Rockbottoms

still to go
May Camber
june Southport
Sept Southport
Oct Costa Dorada
Nov Camber...... (conditional on Franco providing a better May Camber than Jan Bognor)
there may be others but they haven't come onto our radar yet!!

Plus golf holidays
Jan Lanzarote 1 week
june Dorset golf and country club 5 days
April West Meon Golf and Country Club 3 days
Sept Le touquet France 4 days

other dance related non weekenders

Weston Supermare Champs in July
Scottish Champs Sept.

not to mention several stopover weekends in London and Daventry already spent more time away from home than at home :rofl:

under par
19th-April-2006, 11:22 AM

Donna
19th-April-2006, 12:23 PM
How do I find out if there is any more places left for Stockport in June? Really want to go!! Anybody got a website address I can look at or a contact number?

thanks

D.

TheTramp
19th-April-2006, 12:49 PM
How do I find out if there is any more places left for Stockport in June? Really want to go!! Anybody got a website address I can look at or a contact number?

It's www.jiveaddiction.com

But it's full (for women, with only a few places left for men).

I think that you're best chance of going is keeping an eye on here. There's occasionally some spare places up for grabs. And keeping posting that you would like a place. Someone may know of something that's available.

Will I get a dance this time then? :rolleyes:

under par
19th-April-2006, 02:12 PM

thanks

D.

Remember to ask for a place at Southport not Stockport as it might be quite lonely on your own in Stockport

stewart38
19th-April-2006, 02:18 PM
Remember to ask for a place at Southport not Stockport as it might be quite lonely on your own in Stockport

and the balance is due today if not already paid :whistle:

Donna
19th-April-2006, 02:21 PM
[QUOTE=TheTramp]I think that you're best chance of going is keeping an eye on here. There's occasionally some spare places up for grabs. And keeping posting that you would like a place. Someone may know of something that's available.

Doh I'll be so disappointed if I don't manage to get one. I missed it last year as well.... but I really don't want to go into that story! :mad: Anyway, guess I'll have to keep my eyes peeled then.

Will I get a dance this time then? :rolleyes:

Yes definately! :hug: Sorry I couldn't in Blackpool... I really didn't feel too well.:o But I'm sure if I'll get more than 3 hours kip at SOUTHPORT won't I? won't i?:what:

Donna
19th-April-2006, 02:21 PM
and the balance is due today if not already paid :whistle:

Oh yeah! Stop winding me up! :tears: :tears: :tears:

johnah
19th-April-2006, 02:35 PM
Mrs Par and I have done all the 4 Southports so far and we are really really looking forward to both of this years too.

still to go
May Camber
june Southport
Sept Southport
Oct Costa Dorada
Nov Camber...... (conditional on Franco providing a better May Camber than Jan Bognor)
there may be others but they haven't come onto our radar yet!!

Hello UP, think you forgot to mention:

April BIG BANG Weston-super-Mare
November Scarborough?

:respect:

TheTramp
19th-April-2006, 02:41 PM
But I'm sure if I'll get more than 3 hours kip at SOUTHPORT won't I? won't i?:what:

Ummm. Is that per night? Or for the whole weekend? :rolleyes:

stewart38
19th-April-2006, 02:46 PM

Have to agree on that. Bognor was well short :yeah:

under par
19th-April-2006, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnah

Hey !!!:eek: GREAT MAN ...!!!

I said that !!!!:eek:

Not just the DAILY MAIL misquoting people eh!:blush:

Donna
19th-April-2006, 05:26 PM
Ummm. Is that per night? Or for the whole weekend? :rolleyes:

I doubt I'll get much for the whole weekend. Who does anyway? Some still dance until 6 am I've heard! :eek:

Rebecca
20th-April-2006, 09:33 AM
I doubt I'll get much for the whole weekend. Who does anyway? Some still dance until 6 am I've heard! :eek:

Pretty much everyone who's posted on this thread. Has to be done :clap:

Good luck with the ticket hunting Donna. See you there guys :cheers:

TheTramp
20th-April-2006, 09:41 AM
Some still dance until 6 am I've heard! :eek:

No way. Not me.

I'm a 7am person myself! :whistle:

Little Em
20th-April-2006, 09:56 AM
got to go to a wedding on the sat....

but am gonna drive up on sunday afternoon... so to make up for lost time over the weekend on the sun night/mon morning, i shall be dancing my socks off!!!

see ya there, im so PLEASED i can come along!!!
:clap:

Donna
20th-April-2006, 11:01 AM
No way. Not me.

:eek: :rofl: Well, if you don't hurry and grab me before 3 am I'll be gone. (that's if I can get a ticket:rolleyes: )

TheTramp
20th-April-2006, 11:12 AM
:eek: :rofl: Well, if you don't hurry and grab me before 3 am I'll be gone. (that's if I can get a ticket:rolleyes: )
Ah. The youth of today! No stamina! :whistle:

Little Monkey
20th-April-2006, 11:29 AM

Ummmm......... Only if you've decided to move it a week.......

It's now 43 days to go, guys!!!:clap:

Donna
20th-April-2006, 11:45 AM

I think I've just about got enough... but certainly not until that time of the morning you've got to be kiddin! 3 hours was all I had when in Blackpool.. that nearly killed me, so dancing until 6 or 7 is not a good idea, especially if I want to do the workshops the next day. Do some guys stay awake for over 24 hours or something? :what:

TheTramp
20th-April-2006, 11:46 AM
I think I've just about got enough... but certainly not until that time of the morning you've got to be kiddin! 3 hours was all I had when in Blackpool.. that nearly killed me, so dancing until 6 or 7 is not a good idea, especially if I want to do the workshops the next day. Do some guys stay awake for over 24 hours or something? :what:

Workshops?? What are those?

Usually I'm back dancing again in the blues room by midday! :clap:

Donna
20th-April-2006, 11:51 AM
Workshops?? What are those?

You're too perfect to do any workshops aren't you?! :grin: :wink:

Usually I'm back dancing again in the blues room by midday! :clap:

Ooeer the blluuuuuess room... :drool: Have a look at the limerick completion thread. I think that might be about you.... you're a girl really.;)

TheTramp
20th-April-2006, 11:55 AM
You're too perfect to do any workshops aren't you?! :grin: :wink:

Not at all. But given the choice of workshops, or 15 hours a day dancing in the blues room with the dancers who are going to be at Southport....

Well, there's no question really.....

Donna
20th-April-2006, 12:02 PM
Not at all. But given the choice of workshops, or 15 hours a day dancing in the blues room with the dancers who are going to be at Southport....

There just isn't enough hours in the day to get round to doing it all really is there? I would be interested in doing a mini aerials workshop (although I don't think I'm going to learn that much from what I already know) but hopefully might learn a couple of different ones to use in competitions. If there is a bit of WCS will do that too. Then move onto the blues room I suppose. Chilling out on the beach sounds like a great way to start the day. A boost of vitamin D to keep me awake throughout the day! :nice:

under par
21st-April-2006, 10:10 AM
42 to go

42 to go

42 to go

42 to go

42 to go

:clap: :clap: :clap: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :clap: :clap: :clap:

azande
21st-April-2006, 11:11 AM

Sparkles
21st-April-2006, 11:50 AM

... although I might be tempted to try WCS beginners and double trouble as a leader again if I can find some willing victims... er volunteers?! :flower:

stewart38
21st-April-2006, 11:54 AM
No way. Not me.

7 or 8 i think most women find out its usually only 4 ?? Im talking generally here

under par
23rd-April-2006, 09:41 PM
40 DAYS TO GO:cheers: :yeah:
Anyone else getting slightly excited yet.

After a visit to the Big Bang freestyle at Weston Super Mare:respect: :respect: I can't wait!:cheers: :cheers:

stewart38
24th-April-2006, 10:16 AM
40 DAYS TO GO:cheers: :yeah:
Anyone else getting slightly excited yet.

Yes !!! for champs then camber then Southport :what:

Little Monkey
24th-April-2006, 12:44 PM
Death by dancing........

There's no way I will survive the following dance schedule: First Camber, followed by Monday Meltdown, then BFG the following weekend, then a couple of weeks to recover (I'll need it!!!), then Southport..... Aaaaargh!:eek:

But hopefully it'll be a good way of burning off all the Easter eggs! I really do need to burn off some calories......:sad:

Be gentle with me......:flower:

drathzel
24th-April-2006, 01:01 PM
Death by dancing........

There's no way I will survive the following dance schedule: First Camber, followed by Monday Meltdown, then BFG the following weekend, then a couple of weeks to recover (I'll need it!!!), then Southport..... Aaaaargh!:eek:

But hopefully it'll be a good way of burning off all the Easter eggs! I really do need to burn off some calories......:sad:

I know how you feel, I have bfg then the next weekend slinkys then the following weekend my own thing here (tbc), then two weeks later southport. I am going to a wedding two weeks after southport, hopefully it will be a nice relaxing weekend *cough*:whistle:

I think we should have a dancers rehab clinic where we can go to recoup from all the dancing, actually on second thought, lots of dancers, living in, with a dance floor (for those not going cold turkey), hmm thats sounds pretty much like a dance weekend, bugger!:D

stewart38
24th-April-2006, 03:30 PM

I didnt get a single Easter Egg this year

I tried to buy one on Easter sunday but two shops had sold out :sad:

Thanks i guess to DianaS for letting me have a dibble of hers on the saturday in Oxford. I didnt know at the time that was all I was going to get :tears:

TheTramp
24th-April-2006, 03:37 PM
IThanks i guess to DianaS for letting me have a dibble of hers on the saturday in Oxford. I didnt know at the time that was all I was going to get :tears:

I could ask if you got any Easter Egg too. But that'd be just too obvious and sad. So I won't! :what:

TheTramp
24th-April-2006, 03:38 PM
God. I think I'm bored to even think about posting that last post :tears:

stewart38
24th-April-2006, 03:44 PM
I could ask if you got any Easter Egg too. But that'd be just too obvious and sad. So I won't! :what:

Yes I did see Oxford thread :whistle:

Im sad and proud of it !

Cruella
26th-April-2006, 08:29 AM
got to go to a wedding on the sat....

but am gonna drive up on sunday afternoon... so to make up for lost time over the weekend on the sun night/mon morning, i shall be dancing my socks off!!!

see ya there, im so PLEASED i can come along!!!
:clap: Glad you took my advice Em :kiss:

TheTramp
26th-April-2006, 08:56 AM
:clap: Glad you took my advice Em :kiss:
:yeah: Aren't we all :hug:

Paul F
26th-April-2006, 04:10 PM
Phew! :nice:

Just had it confirmed that I can make Southport after all. It looked at one point that I might have to sell my tickets but I have managed to re-arrange my flights.

Im so glad I will be able to make it. :clap:

Better get working on my dance stamina now !!

under par
26th-April-2006, 04:12 PM
great news Paul

37:cheers: :yeah: :yeah:

Little Monkey
27th-April-2006, 10:22 AM
36 36 36

36 36
36 36

36 36

36 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

stewart38
27th-April-2006, 02:57 PM
36 36 36

36 36
36 36

36 36

36 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

To what ??

let us in on the secret :sad:

Rhythm King
27th-April-2006, 04:34 PM
I really do need to burn off some calories......:sad:

Funny you should mention that...:whistle:

Phil
28th-April-2006, 12:19 AM

Yeah Right on! Youth is wasted on the young!

under par
28th-April-2006, 11:54 AM
35 more to go

35 more to go35 more to go

35 more to go

35 more to go

35 more to go

35 more to go

35 more to go

Liz
28th-April-2006, 03:33 PM
35 more to go

35 more to go35 more to go

35 more to go

35 more to go

35 more to go

35 more to go

35 more to go

I just can't wait!!!! Thanks for reminding me how many days to go Mr UP... will start packing my shoes very soon!....

Trousers
29th-April-2006, 06:55 PM
Anyone know of any ladies tickets going for June?

Go on peeps ask around for me please. . . . . .

stewart38
29th-April-2006, 07:46 PM

I might have soon :whistle:

Trousers
29th-April-2006, 08:11 PM
I might have soon :whistle:
erm

Nothing bad i hope.

Little Monkey
29th-April-2006, 08:44 PM

Sigh........ Well, if you'd asked earlier I would have had another one......:rolleyes: These girls are leaving it a bit late, aren't they?

how many girls are you taking to Southport, anyway? You planning on bringing a whole harem? :wink: :whistle:

Little Monkey
29th-April-2006, 08:45 PM
Oh, and only

to go!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Trousers
29th-April-2006, 09:16 PM
Sigh........ Well, if you'd asked earlier I would have had another one......:rolleyes: These girls are leaving it a bit late, aren't they?

how many girls are you taking to Southport, anyway? You planning on bringing a whole harem? :wink: :whistle:

errrmmmmm :blush:

well there are three nights aren't there!!

I don't want any of them feeling too tired to dance!

Lynn
30th-April-2006, 01:05 AM
Must be nearly 33 days left then....

I haven't bought any dance shoes since Dec, I'm thinking that by Southport it might be time to buy another pair. :D

Oh look, my 4,000th post.

See you all in Southport soon! :flower:

Little Monkey
1st-May-2006, 07:31 PM
errrmmmmm :blush:

well there are three nights aren't there!!

I don't want any of them feeling too tired to dance!

One lady per night? Or do will you let them out of the chalet one at a time, then changing the girl for a 'fresh' and rested one when you've worn one out? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TheTramp
1st-May-2006, 11:03 PM
Oh look, my 4,000th post.
Only another 1000 until you stop posting then! :rolleyes:

Trousers
2nd-May-2006, 12:27 AM
. . . . and rested one when you've worn one out? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I can't posssibly comment further :devil:

under par
2nd-May-2006, 07:56 AM
:cheers: :cheers: :yeah: :yeah: 31 days till Southport Friday:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :yeah: :yeah:

Anyone started packing yet??:wink:

I've startred my car already:eek: ......bit premature:rofl:

Trousers
2nd-May-2006, 12:55 PM
I'm still trying to find a ladies ticket!

ok ok ok I know it's a vain hope but I'm a very optimistic person :grin:

Any leads people? pleeeeaaassseeeeee

Little Monkey
2nd-May-2006, 06:08 PM
:cheers: :cheers: :yeah: :yeah: 31 days till Southport Friday:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :yeah: :yeah:

Anyone started packing yet??:wink:

I've startred my car already:eek: ......bit premature:rofl:

I don't own that many outfits!!! First I've got to pack and go to Camber, then BFG, and then I can start thinking about Southport!!

Can't believe it's just a month to go! Eeeeek!:eek:

Donna
4th-May-2006, 02:53 PM
looks like we might be going after all. Someone I know got a couple of spare tickets!! Yaahoo!!!!!! :clap:

Phil
4th-May-2006, 03:34 PM
looks like we might be going after all. Someone I know got a couple of spare tickets!! Yaahoo!!!!!! :clap:

Look forward to see you there, if not before!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Donna
4th-May-2006, 04:15 PM
Look forward to see you there, if not before!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Me too!! :clap: :clap:

johnah
5th-May-2006, 01:36 PM

Hello Donna,

Don't wish to disappoint you but, if you've got your hands on a couple of 'spare' tickets from someone, then we need to know who the Lead Name is and whose names relate to the tickets.

It is a legal requirement for us to have everyone's name who is on site during the weekend and, if we can't tally yours with a specific booking then there is a problem and you are liable to be refused admission.

Also, we have always operated a gender balance policy at Southport and will enforce our terms and conditions in this respect. I say this as a polite warning to you. If all is done properly through us in accordance with our policies, then there won't be a problem. If it's not, then you run the risk of losing your money and we don't want that to happen.

cheers
John, Jive Addiction

Donna
5th-May-2006, 01:42 PM
Hello Donna,

Don't wish to disappoint you but, if you've got your hands on a couple of 'spare' tickets from someone, then we need to know who the Lead Name is and whose names relate to the tickets.

It is a legal requirement for us to have everyone's name who is on site during the weekend and, if we can't tally yours with a specific booking then there is a problem and you are liable to be refused admission.

Also, we have always operated a gender balance policy at Southport and will enforce our terms and conditions in this respect. I say this as a polite warning to you. If all is done properly through us in accordance with our policies, then there won't be a problem. If it's not, then you run the risk of losing your money and we don't want that to happen.

cheers
John, Jive Addiction

Hi John

PM on way.

Donna.
x

jivecat
6th-May-2006, 11:02 AM
Are there any arrangements for a forum gathering on the Friday night? I'm travelling up on Friday morning for a change and might actually be able to get to it on time. Apologies if the information is already on the thread, I've trawled through half of it already, can't be a***d to read the rest.

johnah
6th-May-2006, 02:01 PM
Are there any arrangements for a forum gathering on the Friday night? I'm travelling up on Friday morning for a change and might actually be able to get to it on time. Apologies if the information is already on the thread, I've trawled through half of it already, can't be a***d to read the rest.

As if there wouldn't be a Forum Reception at Southport!! 21:00 Blues Room.:cheers:

Trousers
7th-May-2006, 01:18 AM
Is there a theme for saturday?

'twas 70's in sept i believe.

Tiggerbabe
7th-May-2006, 10:37 AM
Chicago and the Roaring 20s :D

Trousers
7th-May-2006, 11:05 PM
Chicago and the Roaring 20s :D
Hmmmmm

. . . . . . . . . Well i've been to Detroit and I hit the roaring 20's over a roaring 20 years ago!

. . . . . .. . . . . . .. . . . . . . .. . . . . .Yup I agree . . . . . . . . . . I'm Stuffed.

spikey blond
8th-May-2006, 07:52 PM
As if there wouldn't be a Forum Reception at Southport!! 21:00 Blues Room.:cheers:

This social gathering open to all forumites or by invitation only?

WittyBird
8th-May-2006, 07:54 PM

All forumites as usual :flower: Anyway surely you don't need an Invitation :D

Lory
8th-May-2006, 07:55 PM
It's always been open to everyone in the past, so I doubt this will change :clap: :cheers:

spikey blond
8th-May-2006, 07:59 PM
Thanks Lory!:nice:

Minnie M
8th-May-2006, 08:36 PM
Are we meeting up on route (motorway service station) for a picnic as we did last year ??

johnah
9th-May-2006, 01:58 PM
:respect: :respect: :respect:

Here's the DJ line-up for June:

Colin Shaul
Tiggerbabe
Roger Chin
DJ Kenobe
Dance Demon
Sheepman
Marc Forster
Steve Lampert
Peter Phillips
Robert Ambridge
John Baker

All the times for each DJ set will be posted outside each dance room so, look forward to another fabulous music-mix by a superb line-up of some of the UK's best djs.

SilverFox
9th-May-2006, 02:06 PM

Colin Shaul
Tiggerbabe
Roger Chin
DJ Kenobe
Dance Demon
Sheepman
Marc Forster
Steve Lampert
Peter Phillips
Robert Ambridge
John Baker
Now that's what I call an unbeatable line-up.:clap: :clap: :drool:

:respect: :respect: to John & Wes.

Msfab
9th-May-2006, 02:09 PM
Are we meeting up on route (motorway service station) for a picnic as we did last year ??
Yep, Im up for that Minnie! Just name the service station and fingers crossed for a nice day!

Lory
9th-May-2006, 02:14 PM
Now that's what I call an unbeatable line-up.:clap: :clap: :drool:

:respect: :respect: to John & Wes.

Now the only problem we have is, to decide which room to go in :confused: as they'll all be good :devil:

It's a problem I can live with though :wink: :D

Zebra Woman
9th-May-2006, 02:23 PM

Colin Shaul
Tiggerbabe
Roger Chin
DJ Kenobe
Dance Demon
Sheepman
Marc Forster
Steve Lampert
Peter Phillips
Robert Ambridge
John Baker

All the times for each DJ set will be posted outside each dance room so, look forward to another fabulous music-mix by a superb line-up of some of the UK's best djs.

That is the best DJ list. :drool: :drool: :drool:

AND the Blues Room floor is going to be smoother! So no more sore feet.:grin: OK, they will get sore :sick:, but not quite so quickly. Big thank you to John and Wes :hug: :kiss: :flower: :cheers:

ZW

Phil
9th-May-2006, 03:16 PM

Colin Shaul
Tiggerbabe
Roger Chin
DJ Kenobe
Dance Demon
Sheepman
Marc Forster
Steve Lampert
Peter Phillips
Robert Ambridge
John Baker

AWESOME!

I CAN'T WAIT.

HOW MANY DAYS IS IT NOW, I'VE LOST TRACK.:confused:

Donna
9th-May-2006, 06:48 PM
AWESOME!

I CAN'T WAIT.

23 days to go!!!!! :clap:

karlhudds
9th-May-2006, 07:54 PM
just phoned wez and im off to sp

*cryes* holly cant come but next year she can wooooooooooo!!!!

sees you there

Cruella
10th-May-2006, 08:14 AM

Colin Shaul
Tiggerbabe
Roger Chin
DJ Kenobe
Dance Demon
Sheepman
Marc Forster
Steve Lampert
Peter Phillips
Robert Ambridge
John Baker

Wow, Franco, take note! :whistle:
I better go and get a massive supply of Pro Plus.:rolleyes:

under par
10th-May-2006, 12:42 PM

Colin Shaul
Tiggerbabe
Roger Chin
DJ Kenobe
Dance Demon
Sheepman
Marc Forster
Steve Lampert
Peter Phillips
Robert Ambridge
John Baker

I can oly go along with other comments above:respect: :worthy: Great line up and announced so early too!

Sure don't understand the secrecy of other organisers.

If you@ve got it FLAUNT IT!!:clap:

God help my feet:eek:

robd
10th-May-2006, 02:42 PM
Wow, Franco, take note! :whistle:
I better go and get a massive supply of Pro Plus.:rolleyes:

Get some laughing gas while you're there. That way, nobody else will need any Pro Plus.

Donna
10th-May-2006, 03:11 PM
Get some laughing gas while you're there. That way, nobody else will need any Pro Plus.

:rofl: We'd be in complete agony by the time we leave!

Cruella
10th-May-2006, 04:16 PM
Pot, Kettle, Black!

Msfab
10th-May-2006, 04:57 PM
Pot, Kettle, Black!

:eek: Not again

fletch
10th-May-2006, 05:27 PM
Just to save me reading the whole tread, are we having a b-b-q ?

Do I need to bring anything,

and how many shopping days do I have left

Cruella
10th-May-2006, 06:40 PM
Just to save me reading the whole tread, are we having a b-b-q ?

Spoooky, i was just talking on the phone to Spice 'n' Easy about this. It's too much to expect people to organise this. I know that last time SF, Lory etc made a huge effort with it all. So i suggest that the people interested just meet between say 6pm and 8pm on saturday at the same place (where the big rocks are). Everyone should bring their own supplies and we'll have a get together and some laughs.
Anyone up for it?

Minnie M
10th-May-2006, 07:00 PM
Spoooky, i was just talking on the phone to Spice 'n' Easy about this. It's too much to expect people to organise this. I know that last time SF, Lory etc made a huge effort with it all. So i suggest that the people interested just meet between say 6pm and 8pm on saturday at the same place (where the big rocks are). Everyone should bring their own supplies and we'll have a get together and some laughs.
Anyone up for it?
:clap: Great Idea - we could all bring picnic stuff and share (including booze) :yeah::clap::yeah:

The 2005 catering crew did a brilliant job last year :worthy: and it was fantastic - but this way no one is under pressure or obligation :flower:

Don't forget the cameras though, we want lots of photos later for the forum album :yeah:

karlhudds
10th-May-2006, 07:01 PM
im thinking that theres going to be a full house so well dose that mean

ill be dancing or tiptoeing around 1400 people trying to figit on the dance floor???

Paul F
10th-May-2006, 07:02 PM
Everyone should bring their own supplies and we'll have a get together and some laughs.
Anyone up for it?

Me me me!!!! :grin:

Im so excited about Southport :clap:

under par
10th-May-2006, 07:40 PM
Anyone up for it?

How about a little earlier and benefit from the marvelous weather... 1630
to 1900 say! just a thought!:innocent:

foxylady
10th-May-2006, 09:13 PM
Anyone up for it?

Sounds like an excellent plan..... UP's timing not a bad idea, as its warmer earlier, but then there are probably other clashes .... oh decisions decisions...

Minnie M
10th-May-2006, 09:53 PM
I thought the picnic site (Motorway juction with lake) was on the M1 - but checking out the route, me thinks it is more likely to be on the M6

RAC route planner from Hove to Southport (http://rp.rac.co.uk/rp/routeplanner)

Is anyone else coming from Sussex - I may be travelling alone and would welcome some company

robd
11th-May-2006, 07:52 AM
Pot, Kettle, Black!:eek: Not again

Oh and how long did that take you to come up with?:rolleyes:

sorry

Cruella
11th-May-2006, 07:58 AM
No i actually suggested 3pm onwards originally but it was suggested that this clashed with workshops. As i don't do workshops, anytime suits me so whatevers most popular. I just wanted to get the ball rolling.:D

fletch
11th-May-2006, 08:05 AM
I'm up for it:clap: :clap:

any time is OK with me:hug:

Zebra Woman
11th-May-2006, 10:12 AM
I thought the picnic site (Motorway juction with lake) was on the M1 - but checking out the route, me thinks it is more likely to be on the M6

RAC route planner from Hove to Southport (http://rp.rac.co.uk/rp/routeplanner)

Is anyone else coming from Sussex - I may be travelling alone and would welcome some company

Arggh! :confused:

I have been looking for the services we are talking about. Lovely lake you can walk around on the northbound side.Definitely on the M6. And I think we used the toll road, so possibly north of the point where the toll road joins the M6.

Looking here:
http://www.motorwayservices.info/list.php?by=road

I checked all the aerial views. And looking at the aerial photo of Lymm Truckstop J20 this looks like our lake.

http://www.multimap.com/map/photo.cgi?client=public&X=388250&Y=332000&width=500&height=300&gride=&gridn=&s

Am I right? If yes, shall we say -

Junction 20 LYMM TRUCKSTOP between 1 and 3 PM

I know Karen and I like to try and get through Formby before the school's come out at 3.30, so we would hope to be at J20 fairly early in that time slot.

ZW

There is a forum there for folks to discuss motorway service stations!! :eek:

Zebra Woman
11th-May-2006, 10:46 AM
*Load of confused rubbish*

WRONG WRONG!

Sorry, I think my hair might have gone a bit blonde in the sun. :blush:

It's M6 Junction 14 - STAFFORD

This is the Photo of Stafford Services (http://www.multimap.com/map/photo.cgi?client=public&X=388250&Y=332000&width=500&height=300&gride=&gridn=&s) (not Lymm)

So.... Shall we meet by the lake between 1 and 3?

ZW

fletch
11th-May-2006, 12:34 PM

ZW
Bliming heck,:eek: just click on and seen this, and thought everone was coming to mine:rofl: :rofl:

Cruella
11th-May-2006, 12:37 PM
Bliming heck,:eek: just click on and seen this, and thought everone was coming to mine:rofl: :rofl:
Wow Fletch, thats really generous. We'll be there at about 1.30pm then. Cheers:cheers:

Spice 'n' Easy
11th-May-2006, 12:45 PM

Sounds good to me. I think a few of us are just waiting to see the final timetable of workshops so that we don't clash, some like to go to the beach in the afternoon etc etc.

As soon as it comes through we can probably make a better decision on what time to meet :nice:

Really looking forward to Southport and seeing everyone again :clap:

dee
11th-May-2006, 02:13 PM
I wanna go :sad: it looks like everyone is going but not me :tears: :tears:

Hope you all have a great time

Trousers
11th-May-2006, 03:20 PM
That'd scare the neighbours!

do you biscuit them if the annoy you?

:eek:

fletch
11th-May-2006, 03:27 PM
That'd scare the neighbours!

do you biscuit them if the annoy you?

:eek:
He called the police last year cos of all the 'comings and going in the night' and said I needed investigating,:angry: truth was his sons (18 and 19 yrs) had been watching me sunbathing topless,:eek: and as a devote catholic he didn't approve,:blush: he only had to say, I would have covered up,:innocent: (well maybe),:devil: his head would blow off if you lot descended on me.:really:

Minnie M
11th-May-2006, 09:24 PM

Still not sure which service station we stopped at that had the lake & picnic area - I think it might be Stafford (http://www.5minutesaway.co.uk/frm/index.asp?page=search.asp&motorway=) (just noticed the link doesn't take you direct to the junction unfortunately - it is Junction 14 - if not this one has a pub

What's do you think ? It is about 100 miles from the venue so would make a good stopping off point and it has a pub for those not driving to have a drink even if it doesn't have the picnic area (hope it is the right one) - if this is OK we just need a meeting up time

fletch
12th-May-2006, 07:51 AM
Still not sure which service station we stopped at that had the lake & picnic area - I think it might be Stafford (http://www.5minutesaway.co.uk/frm/index.asp?page=search.asp&motorway=) (just noticed the link doesn't take you direct to the junction unfortunately - it is Junction 14 - if not this one has a pub

What's do you think ? It is about 100 miles from the venue so would make a good stopping off point and it has a pub for those not driving to have a drink even if it doesn't have the picnic area (hope it is the right one) - if this is OK we just need a meeting up time
There isn't a pub just of jumk 14 but there is off junk 13 its called the Catch Corner and had a kids play area atteched to it, it aslo has a nice bistro type of place next to the pub called the quare orange, or you could travel 2 miles into my village where you will get typical village pub grub.:flower:

Trousers
12th-May-2006, 11:14 AM
I know this is boring. . . . .
but if anyone - a female anyone - can't make Southport now i know a lady that would happily take over that ticket - informing John and Wes of course.

stewart38
12th-May-2006, 11:42 AM
I know this is boring. . . . .
but if anyone - a female anyone - can't make Southport now i know a lady that would happily take over that ticket - informing John and Wes of course.

Are there any men places left ? Im still working on my mate :sad:

under par
12th-May-2006, 03:48 PM
Are there any men places left ? Im still working on my mate :sad:

My! oh my! Could that be misconstrued:rofl: :rofl:

Filthy Monkey
12th-May-2006, 04:05 PM
I wasn't sure whether to go or not, but having found out that the gorgeous, and ever so sexy Zebera Woman is going, I feel it would be positively rude not to... :blush:

Minnie M
12th-May-2006, 04:27 PM
WRONG WRONG!
Sorry, I think my hair might have gone a bit blonde in the sun. :blush:

This is the Photo of Stafford Services (http://www.multimap.com/map/photo.cgi?client=public&X=388250&Y=332000&width=500&height=300&gride=&gridn=&s) (not Lymm)

So.... Shall we meet by the lake between 1 and 3?

ZW
Sorry should have read previous posts ..............

Will start a poll once we have got the right junction number - Fletch ????? is it Juction 14 M6 ?

fletch
12th-May-2006, 04:45 PM
Sorry should have read previous posts ..............

Will start a poll once we have got the right junction number - Fletch ????? is it Juction 14 M6 ?
ooooerr! just got out of the sun and i'm a bit frazzzeled, i'll sort it now.

fletch
12th-May-2006, 05:10 PM
Its Keele Services and its between Junktion 14 and 15 at Stoke on trent but i'm not sure about the lake?:confused:

fletch
12th-May-2006, 05:14 PM
My! oh my! Could that be misconstrued:rofl: :rofl:
Not content with all those lovely ladies to choose from looks like S38 has started on the men :eek:

Or maybe he has run out of new blood:wink:

Just joking S38 couldn't resist:blush:

WittyBird
12th-May-2006, 05:39 PM
Its Keele Services and its between Junktion 14 and 15 at Stoke on trent but i'm not sure about the lake?:confused:

It's only round the corner from you. Can you not drive up and have a look ? :rolleyes:

We are expecting you to get there early and get the picnic blankets out and ready, you know like the Germans do. Reserve the best spaces :rofl:

fletch
12th-May-2006, 06:20 PM
It's only round the corner from you. Can you not drive up and have a look ? :rolleyes:

We are expecting you to get there early and get the picnic blankets out and ready, you know like the Germans do. Reserve the best spaces :rofl:
I think I have got it wrong,:confused: Di said its the new one, :rolleyes: so..................we are going to have a look tomorrow on the way to Nantwich:blush:

Minnie M
12th-May-2006, 06:21 PM
I think I have got it wrong,:confused: Di said its the new one, :rolleyes: so..................we are going to have a look tomorrow on the way to Nantwich:blush:

Brilliant :clap: thanks Fletch :hug: :kiss: :hug:

from my google search:

Moto, M6 Stafford
Stafford Northbound (Moto, M6 Stafford), 'spotless throughout', with superb outside facilities

but it doesn't mention the junction number :rolleyes:

under par
12th-May-2006, 07:13 PM
Any one know how many days left until Southport FRIDAY??:confused:

WittyBird
12th-May-2006, 07:47 PM
Any one know how many days left until Southport FRIDAY??:confused:

3 weeks today so 20 :flower:

robd
12th-May-2006, 08:26 PM
I wasn't sure whether to go or not, but having found out that the gorgeous, and ever so sexy Zebera Woman is going, I feel it would be positively rude not to... :blush:

What's wrong with using your usual account ZW?

under par
12th-May-2006, 11:37 PM
3 weeks today so 20 :flower:
20:cheers: :cheers:

fletch
13th-May-2006, 08:20 AM
We are in the teen's :clap: :clap: :clap:

19:cheers:

stewart38
13th-May-2006, 09:31 AM
im thinking that theres going to be a full house so well dose that mean

ill be dancing or tiptoeing around 1400 people trying to figit on the dance floor???

It just means you have to dance close ?

stewart38
13th-May-2006, 09:32 AM
We are in the teen's :clap: :clap: :clap:

[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Darling your memory isnt that good :wink:

fletch
13th-May-2006, 10:03 AM
Darling your memory isnt that good :wink:
Be careful or you will be in with mother:rofl:

Zebra Woman
13th-May-2006, 02:31 PM
Check out the evidence, look at
This list of motorway service stations (http://www.motorwayservices.info/list.php?by=road)

If you click find the M6 section and select J14-15 Stafford Northbound, you get the details an an aerial map.

The aerial picture shows a kidney shaped lake outside the building with a circular path around it.

I rest my case.

ZW

fletch
13th-May-2006, 02:38 PM
Check out the evidence, look at
This list of motorway service stations (http://www.motorwayservices.info/list.php?by=road)

If you click find the M6 section and select J14-15 Stafford Northbound, you get the details an an aerial map.

The aerial picture shows a kidney shaped lake outside the building with a circular path around it.

I rest my case.

ZW
Hoooo good, the responsibility was killing me:blush:

fletch
14th-May-2006, 07:07 AM
18 Days to go

fletch
14th-May-2006, 07:11 AM
AWESOME!

I CAN'T WAIT.

Its was lovely to meat you at Nantwich,:flower: looking forward to more mad dances with attitude at Southport,:clap: you seem like a real fun guy.:cheers:

Minnie M
14th-May-2006, 01:32 PM
.........Is anyone else coming from Sussex - I may be travelling alone and would welcome some company
I'll be leaving Brighton about 9:30 to 10am in order to get to M6/Junction 14-15 by 1'ish

robd
15th-May-2006, 07:42 AM
{Pic of the female forum train}

How alarmed does the woman at the front (whose name I do not know :blush: ) look? Mind you, with Cruella, ZW and Witty just behind I'd be scared too :what:

Cruella
15th-May-2006, 08:22 AM
How alarmed does the woman at the front (whose name I do not know :blush: ) look? Mind you, with Cruella, ZW and Witty just behind I'd be scared too :what:
That's the lovely Dee, and she enjoyed every second of it!

drathzel
15th-May-2006, 09:29 AM
Well the BFg has really psyched me up for southport! Woo hoo :clap: bring it on!:flower:

Dizzy
15th-May-2006, 09:32 AM
Well the BFg has really psyched me up for southport! Woo hoo :clap: bring it on!:flower:

17 DAYS TO GO!!!!

Woo Hoo!!!!!

Me.........excited??!!.........:whistle:

Lory
15th-May-2006, 09:37 AM
17 DAYS TO GO!!!!

I think i'm the only person wishing it was still 28days away :tears: :tears:

I'm still coming, whatever, even if I can only shuffle round the floor :devil:

Rhythm King
15th-May-2006, 10:07 AM

:yeah: I'm in a similar boat :sad: . I hope you feel better soon :flower:

R-K x

TheTramp
15th-May-2006, 10:13 AM

So. Can I please book my floor shuffle with you now then Lory?? :yum:

Lory
15th-May-2006, 10:23 AM
So. Can I please book my floor shuffle with you now then Lory?? :yum:
:na: :hug: :hug:

TallGuyNiceShoes
15th-May-2006, 02:24 PM
For sure - I'll be the tall one with nice shoes! Taking a friend who has been dancing a while but never been on a weekender. Boy will he be hooked!
x

First ever post woo hoo!

fletch
15th-May-2006, 03:03 PM
- I'll be the tall one with nice shoes!

First ever post woo hoo!

welcome to the friendly forum:wink: :flower:

and I thought I was the tall one with nice shoes:rofl:

Donna
15th-May-2006, 03:10 PM
:yeah: I'm in a similar boat :sad: . I hope you feel better soon :flower:

R-K x

:yeah: Get well soon Lory. Hope to see you there1 :hug: :flower:

Cruella
15th-May-2006, 03:21 PM
welcome to the friendly forum:wink: :flower:

and I thought I was the tall one with nice shoes:rofl:
I'll introduce you to each other then you can talk shoes :wink:

fletch
15th-May-2006, 04:48 PM
I'll introduce you to each other then you can talk shoes :wink:
The best kind are the free one's:yeah:

Phil
17th-May-2006, 03:27 PM
Its was lovely to meat you at Nantwich,:flower: looking forward to more mad dances with attitude at Southport,:clap: you seem like a real fun guy.:cheers:

:yeah: Nice to meet you too.
Put me on your dance card.
See you at Southport.

pawplay
17th-May-2006, 05:17 PM
Due to unavoidable health related non-dancing condition (pregnancy) i have a room and ticket for a female (unless extremely cute or willing to cross dress.......!) to share 2 room shalet. Any one interested? (£109)

karlhudds
18th-May-2006, 09:19 AM
just one thing what is the theam for the weekender

Dizzy
18th-May-2006, 09:33 AM
just one thing what is the theam for the weekender

1920's dress - as far as I aware :flower:

fletch
18th-May-2006, 09:39 AM
Yes roaring 20's

WittyBird
18th-May-2006, 09:40 AM
Fletch told me it was whips and chains :confused:
Will have to get a different outfit now

fletch
18th-May-2006, 09:41 AM
Fletch told me it was whips and chains :confused:
Will have to get a different outfit now
that's the Friday night :rolleyes:

1920's on the Saturday night:clap:

Get with the program:rofl:

WittyBird
18th-May-2006, 09:54 AM
that's the Friday night :rolleyes:

Great so I can still wear that outfit then :clap:

Rebecca
18th-May-2006, 01:57 PM
The forum saves my life again! I saw the countdown (thank you UP!!), and thought is it really only 17 days until 9th June?. As CF and I met at Southport last year I had assumed it was the same weekend and booked my leave accordingly! :eek:

Off to shuffle around appointments. Could you imagine turning up all excited only to find that you're a week late! :tears:

Thank you, thank you, thank you :flower:

Note to self - look, don't assume!

under par
18th-May-2006, 02:40 PM
I make it 15 days to go now!!:flower:

fletch
18th-May-2006, 03:18 PM
Great so I can still wear that outfit then :clap:
Ho not again Bec :rolleyes:

If you must :wink: :rofl:

Rhythm King
18th-May-2006, 04:49 PM
Ho not again Bec :rolleyes:

If you must :wink: :rofl:
Who you collin' a Ho! Bec's homeys gonna git you girl:devil:

Top Bird
18th-May-2006, 05:16 PM
Not having been to Southport before - will most people be wearing 20's outfits.

I do have mine at the ready.

WittyBird
18th-May-2006, 05:17 PM
Normally with Blochs or other hideous looking footwear tho :grin: especially if you're gonna wear a lovely dress :rolleyes:

fletch
18th-May-2006, 05:24 PM

Yes I will try to look 1920's:what:

with my flat spangly shoes:clap:

Minnie M
18th-May-2006, 05:33 PM

lots make an effort, it's fun - mind you we know the winners already :whistle: not seen a 6'8" flapper before :whistle: :really:

fletch
18th-May-2006, 05:40 PM
6'8" flapper

Depends on whats flapping:eek:

WittyBird
19th-May-2006, 01:07 PM
13 Days to go :clap:

Donna
19th-May-2006, 01:13 PM

Woo Hoo! :sad: I still haven't heard anything about the tickets yet. :tears:

Dizzy
19th-May-2006, 01:16 PM

I hate to be a stick in the mud but I think you will find that it is 14 days

*runs and hides*

WittyBird
19th-May-2006, 01:19 PM
I hate to be a stick in the mud but I think you will find that it is 14 days

*runs and hides*

Errr
Saturday
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday

Nope It's 13

Dizzy
19th-May-2006, 01:22 PM
Nope It's 13

The countdown on the thread has been including the friday aswell as the last post that UP gave yesterday counted 15 days

*ducks under desk*

WittyBird
19th-May-2006, 01:24 PM
The countdown on the thread has been including the friday aswell as the last post that UP gave yesterday counted 15 days

*ducks under desk*

You say tomato I say tomato
:whatever:

fletch
19th-May-2006, 01:25 PM
Errr
Saturday
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday

Nope It's 13

Its only 12 till you come to mine and the party starts :clap:

WittyBird
19th-May-2006, 01:28 PM
Its only 12 till you come to mine and the party starts :clap:

Oooh and only 6 hours until you get to mine and this weekends party starts :cheers:

senorita
19th-May-2006, 01:36 PM
The forum saves my life again! I saw the countdown (thank you UP!!), and thought is it really only 17 days until 9th June?. As CF and I met at Southport last year I had assumed it was the same weekend and booked my leave accordingly! :eek:

Off to shuffle around appointments. Could you imagine turning up all excited only to find that you're a week late! :tears:

Thank you, thank you, thank you :flower:

Note to self - look, don't assume!

:rofl: :rofl: Only to find out,...you came at the "Chippendales" weekend! :drool: now that would be a let down wouldnt it!?..NOT!!!!!

fletch
19th-May-2006, 01:41 PM
Oooh and only 6 hours until you get to mine and this weekends party starts :cheers:
I'm packed andy ready to go!!!

Just need the kids to get home from school:cheers:

TallGuyNiceShoes
19th-May-2006, 10:47 PM
Done Camber twice and Rockbottoms (Isle of Wight) once but this will be my first ever Southport - can't bloody wait! Taking a mate who has NEVER done a weekender - he has no idea what he has let himself in for!

Anything I need to know about the place that will help with my packing? Bed linen and towels included with the basic chalet option? etc.

I have seen it mentioned that there is a forum gathering onthe Friday night - will it be obvious where you all are and will members of just a few weeks standing be welcomed?? Would be nice to put a few faces to names although I have been amazed to realise that I 'know' about half a dozen people on here already.

See you soon - Kirk x

fletch
20th-May-2006, 03:15 AM
I have seen it mentioned that there is a forum gathering onthe Friday night - will it be obvious where you all are and will members of just a few weeks standing be welcomed?? Would be nice to put a few faces to names although I have been amazed to realise that I 'know' about half a dozen people on here already.

See you soon - Kirk x

Love to see you, and have a dance:flower:

Dance Demon
20th-May-2006, 10:37 AM
I have seen it mentioned that there is a forum gathering onthe Friday night - will it be obvious where you all are and will members of just a few weeks standing be welcomed??

Forum gathering is usually in the Blues room, and everyones welcome, so come along and meet everyone:cheers:

Lory
20th-May-2006, 01:55 PM
Anything I need to know about the place that will help with my packing? Bed linen and towels included with the basic chalet option? etc.The chalets are identical to those at Camber, they even have the same curtain material :sick: so I suggest to take everything you usually take for Camber! ;) Plus a throwaway BBQ and anything you want to stick on it, eg sausages etc. if you'd like to 'eat' at the forum BBQ.:) Some people just pop over for a drink, which is also, 'bring your own' :nice:

I don't think a time for this has been decided yet? I think folk will decide when they've seen the programme :cheers:

will members of just a few weeks standing be welcomed?? Of course... :flower: if you can handle it! :wink:

karlhudds
20th-May-2006, 10:21 PM
its getting close

r u all exsited

Missy D
20th-May-2006, 11:42 PM
Looking at the poll guess i will be the only one left here in London:sad: I am however booked to go to the september one:clap: 4 months to go:clap:

Think i will head off up to Buxton for a few days.

Hope you all have fun!

Lucy Locket
22nd-May-2006, 11:24 AM
What's the theme Saturday night??????????????????????????????

Has someone booked the weather !!!!! :waycool: Looking out of my window today it's wet, cold, windy & miserable:tears:

Lucy Locket
22nd-May-2006, 11:25 AM
Looking at the poll guess i will be the only one left here in London:sad: I am however booked to go to the september one:clap: 4 months to go:clap:

Hope you all have fun!

We will miss you next week:tears: :tears:

Just think of all the fun we're going to have in september:whistle: :wink: :clap:

under par
22nd-May-2006, 01:46 PM

Hope you all have fun!

While at home on your own Missy D why don't you book up February 2007 at Southport too!!:yeah: :hug: :hug: :hug:

drathzel
22nd-May-2006, 04:08 PM
hey all! Just booked my flights £36!!!! and that was with less than 2 weeks to go!:respect: how many days exactly?

Rhythm King
22nd-May-2006, 04:22 PM
About 11 sleeps isn't it?:clap:

fletch
22nd-May-2006, 04:24 PM
About 11 sleeps isn't it?:clap:
Perhaps Dizzy or Wittybird might tell us:na:

:D

Dizzy
22nd-May-2006, 04:27 PM
11 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

(or 10 days in Wittytime!! :flower: ) :hug: :D

fletch
22nd-May-2006, 04:31 PM
11 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

(or 10 days in Wittytime!! :flower: ) :hug: :D

ooooer you have done it now Dizzy :rofl:

Dizzy
22nd-May-2006, 04:34 PM
ooooer you have done it now Dizzy :rofl:

Why's that Fletch?

I think that I have accomodated both parties in my reply :flower:

Whichever way you look at it - Southport is still under 2 weeks away, YEAY!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

TallGuyNiceShoes
22nd-May-2006, 09:57 PM
Hey guys - excitement building! A practical and rather boring question - I get a bit paranoid about where I leave my car and seen as a I am driving (decided on the toss of a coin - never been a lucky tosser! - yeah yeah, just a tosser!) is there plenty of on-site parking or is it all on streets nearby?

Spot the Southport virgin!

Only having been to Camber and rockbottoms it had never entered my thoughts that there might be DAYTIME freestyling (as discovered at the Rugby freestyle on Sunday!)- whoa! When the bloody hell do we get to sleep then???!!!

See you soon
Kirk x

WittyBird
22nd-May-2006, 09:59 PM
When the bloody hell do we get to sleep then???!!!

When you get home on Monday :D

under par
22nd-May-2006, 10:04 PM

Naaaah not Monday got to go to Jango on the way home :yeah: ..

well it would be rude to be passing and not pay a visit........

so sleep will be Tuesday sometime!!!

Makes mental note to add 6 more shirts to suitcase:wink:

Minnie M
22nd-May-2006, 10:15 PM
..........Makes mental note to add 6 more shirts to suitcase:wink:
best to pack a mini-washing machine could be lighter and less packing :whistle:

TheTramp
22nd-May-2006, 11:00 PM
Naaaah not Monday got to go to Jango on the way home :yeah: ..

well it would be rude to be passing and not pay a visit........

so sleep will be Tuesday sometime!!!

I have quite a lot of free time on Tuesday and Wednesday when I could sleep! :D

fletch
23rd-May-2006, 08:29 AM
:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Lucy Locket
23rd-May-2006, 02:53 PM
Roaring 20's is the theme :clap:

drathzel
23rd-May-2006, 07:45 PM
whoa! When the bloody hell do we get to sleep then???!!!

See you soon
Kirk x

Sleep:confused: whats that????

Lucy Locket
23rd-May-2006, 07:57 PM
Passes going out this week:clap:

DavidY
24th-May-2006, 01:29 PM
is there plenty of on-site parking or is it all on streets nearby?There's a lot more parking than at Camber - I'm pretty sure that everyone can park on site somewhere.
Rugby freestyle on SundayCouldn't get to that one - was it any good?

TheTramp
24th-May-2006, 02:40 PM
I'm surprised that no-one has pointed out yet that it's now less than 10 days...

(And no sniff of a DJ rota or anything yet either..... :rolleyes: )

johnah
24th-May-2006, 03:19 PM
There's a lot more parking than at Camber - I'm pretty sure that everyone can park on site somewhere.Couldn't get to that one - was it any good?

There's loads of parking at Southport and, what's more, it's FREE!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Dizzy
24th-May-2006, 04:03 PM
ok, if no-one else is going to do it........

ONLY 9 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!

Me........bored at work...........never!!!! :innocent: :whistle:

under par
25th-May-2006, 10:51 PM
ok, if no-one else is going to do it........

ONLY 9 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!

Me........bored at work...........never!!!! :innocent: :whistle:

Sorry Dizzy you wrong, it's 8, 8, yes 8 days to go

Trousers
25th-May-2006, 11:52 PM
Still trying to find a lady a ticket here if anyone knows of one going begging???

look she keeps asking - sorry :blush:

fletch
26th-May-2006, 08:53 AM
This time next week I will be loading the car, and thinking about dancing on the night.:clap:

I hope the weather picks up it won't do a lot for the b-b-q :tears:

Are we meeting on the Friday night?:flower:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Chef
26th-May-2006, 10:05 AM
Well, Commis Chef and I have sorted our booking out and this time we are going to see what the journey is like by train (7 hours each way in a car is just too much). If the train thing works out to be painless we will want to come to Southport more often. We are hoping that the train will allow us time to catch some sleep on the journey.

The only downside for us this time is that both of us have work commitments on the Monday morning that we can't get out of. We will have to leave at 5pm on the Sunday evening and the sunday evening/monday morning dance of a weekender always seems to be the best one.

Still our loss might be someones gain. If anyone has friends that want to come along to the Sunday evening dance only I am quite happy to hand over our tickets as we leave.

drathzel
26th-May-2006, 10:59 AM
I got all my southport tickets and stuff today!:clap:

william_ceroc
26th-May-2006, 11:11 AM
See all you guys on the dance floor :)

see who can last in the blues room till breakfast this year (Blues Breakfast)
will take a picture this year of how many manage to hear big John beg people to go and sleep

:)

JW

johnah
26th-May-2006, 02:15 PM
I got all my southport tickets and stuff today!:clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

All the passes, programmes etc have been posted first class over the past couple of days, and it's good to know they've reached Northern Ireland so quickly. If Royal Mail can achieve that, it makes you wonder why they can't over here!!

Dizzy
26th-May-2006, 03:29 PM
8, 8, yes 8 days to go

Not now UP, it's
7 days to go!!!!!

TheTramp
26th-May-2006, 07:01 PM
This time next week, we'll be there. Getting ready to go dancing!! :clap:

Just had the DJ rota. It's going to be hard work, deciding where to dance when I'm not actually working.

Can't wait!

Alice
26th-May-2006, 07:24 PM
I'm going now too! :clap: :cheers:

Yliander
26th-May-2006, 07:32 PM
I'm going now too! :clap: :cheers::clap: :hug: :cheers:

FirstMove
26th-May-2006, 10:45 PM
Isn't it about this time someone traditionally mentions badgers? :devil:

Rhythm King
26th-May-2006, 10:59 PM
Isn't it about this time someone traditionally mentions badgers? :devil:
"I don't got to show you no stinkin badgers!"

Paul F
27th-May-2006, 12:01 PM
"I don't got to show you no stinkin badgers!"

I could be wrong but could that be a certain blazing saddles quote there RK?

Little Monkey
27th-May-2006, 01:11 PM
6 days to go!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Dance Demon
27th-May-2006, 01:15 PM
Got my tickets and passes this morning:clap: :clap: ..also got the DJ rota....Red Bull & Pro Plus for me again...early morning blues room:drool:

Lory
27th-May-2006, 02:33 PM
Red Bull & Pro Plus for me again...early morning blues room:drool:
Thank you John and Wes :worthy: :wink:

Rhythm King
27th-May-2006, 03:30 PM
I could be wrong but could that be a certain blazing saddles quote there RK?

I think you'll find that Blazing Saddles was taking the mick from an even older movie... "Treasure Of The Sierra Madre"

fletch
27th-May-2006, 06:52 PM
Got my tickets and passes this morning:clap: :clap: ..also got the DJ rota....Red Bull & Pro Plus for me again...early morning blues room:drool:
So dose that mean you will keep playing as long as there is someone dancing:worthy:

Dance Demon
27th-May-2006, 07:22 PM
So dose that mean you will keep playing as long as there is someone dancing:worthy:

it sure does...and I'll save you more than one:D

fletch
27th-May-2006, 07:49 PM
it sure does...and I'll save you more than one:D
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I got my Pro+ today, i'm ready, Bring it on :yeah:

Yogi_Bear
27th-May-2006, 10:27 PM
I've looked through the last few pages - but does anyone have the workshop schedule, and if so could they post a link to it here?
yb

Spice 'n' Easy
29th-May-2006, 01:16 PM
I've looked through the last few pages - but does anyone have the workshop schedule, and if so could they post a link to it here?
yb

Am working on it

TheTramp
29th-May-2006, 01:19 PM
Is this happening sometime soon then?? :yum:

Spice 'n' Easy
29th-May-2006, 01:35 PM
Yep, here you go. Here's an easy reference timetable for the classes and freestyles at this upcoming Southport.
Thanks to Dazzle and Lory for the previously generated layouts. I've just ammended it and here's my version. Hope this helps ! :clap:

Lucy Locket
29th-May-2006, 01:42 PM
Yep, here you go. Here's an easy reference timetable for the classes and freestyles at this upcoming Southport.
Thanks to Dazzle and Lory for the previously generated layouts. I've just ammended it and here's my version. Hope this helps ! :clap:

We are booked for lots of dances aren't we:flower:

Spice 'n' Easy
29th-May-2006, 01:53 PM
We are booked for lots of dances aren't we:flower:

Most definitely :wink:. See you soon :flower: :hug:

WittyBird
29th-May-2006, 01:55 PM
Most definitely :wink:. See you soon :flower: :hug:

*cough*
**splutter**

Simon
29th-May-2006, 02:36 PM
Will any of the DJs being playing much modern RnB (Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, Nelly, BEP, Ciara, Kelis, Kanye West) or classic soul (James Brown, Al Green, Aretha, Stevie, Dusty Springfield, Marvin Gaye) in Bluesville? :flower: :flower: :flower:

Spice 'n' Easy
29th-May-2006, 02:37 PM
*cough*
**splutter**

Don't you worry. I have some extra special ones saved up for you :love: :flower:

Dance Demon
29th-May-2006, 04:41 PM
Will any of the DJs being playing much modern RnB (Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, Nelly, BEP, Ciara, Kelis, Kanye West) or classic soul (James Brown, Al Green, Aretha, Stevie, Dusty Springfield, Marvin Gaye) in Bluesville? :flower: :flower: :flower:

I've been known to throw in a bit james Brown, Al Green, aretha, marvin gaye...depends on what time my sets re and who's dancing :nice:

fletch
29th-May-2006, 06:15 PM
I've been known to throw in a bit james Brown, Al Green, aretha, marvin gaye...depends on what time my sets re and who's dancing :nice:
ooooo dose this mean I could be dancing around my hand bag:D

Mowtown would be nice:clap:

Lory
29th-May-2006, 07:14 PM
Thank you Spicy :cheers: I was just thinking about doing one myself and now you've saved me the job:worthy: :hug:

I think when I get there, i'll makes some quick notes of who's dj'ing where and when too. :clap:

Cruella
29th-May-2006, 08:24 PM
i'll makes some quick notes of who's dj'ing where and when too. :clap:
Me too. (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=234202&highlight=official+djs#post234202) :innocent:

Yogi_Bear
29th-May-2006, 10:01 PM
Thanks....!:respect:

TheTramp
29th-May-2006, 11:52 PM
Me too. (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=234202&highlight=official+djs#post234202) :innocent:

John....

Wes.....

I QUIT!! :what:

:na:

ducasi
30th-May-2006, 08:49 AM
Looks like the weather's (http://uk.weather.com/weather/local/UKXX0139) going to good for the weekend! :clap:

Only thing is... I forget how many days we have to go... :confused:

Spice 'n' Easy
30th-May-2006, 09:13 AM
Is it per chance

3 DAYS TO GO!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

johnah
30th-May-2006, 10:24 AM
John....

Wes.....

I QUIT!! :what:

:na:

Such a shame Steve, but your resignation is accepted!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TheTramp
30th-May-2006, 10:30 AM
Such a shame Steve, but your resignation is accepted!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:yum:

Unless of course you can install some sort of protective screen for DJs!

Dance Demon
30th-May-2006, 11:05 AM
Looks like the weather's (http://uk.weather.com/weather/local/UKXX0139) going to good for the weekend! :clap:

Looks like there could be some dancing going on on the decking outside the blues room:clap: :clap: :waycool:

WittyBird
30th-May-2006, 11:07 AM

It's showing only 11,11,12 it will be like winter
need to get thermals on :rofl:

Yliander
30th-May-2006, 11:36 AM
need to get thermals on :rofl::eek: for me that isn't like winter that is winter :yum:

under par
30th-May-2006, 11:45 AM
Looks like there could be some dancing going on on the decking outside the blues room:clap: :clap: :waycool::yeah: :yeah:

Can't wait:cheers:

Sheepman
30th-May-2006, 01:32 PM
Will any of the DJs being playing much modern RnB ... in Bluesville? From me it will be some, rather than much, during the night time sets. But plenty of variety that should be good for WCS.
If there's enough demand, maybe I can grab the decks during one of the afternoons to play some WCS, as I'm assuming there will be quite a few westies there?

Greg

Lory
30th-May-2006, 01:53 PM
I wonder how many people who voted 'Not sure yet' are actually going?

I know one! :na:

fletch
30th-May-2006, 02:08 PM
I wonder how many people who voted 'Not sure yet' are actually going?

I know one! :na:

I know 4

WittyBird
30th-May-2006, 02:14 PM
I know 4

ooh do tell :D

fletch
30th-May-2006, 03:00 PM
ooh do tell :D
You know 'em

:grin:

senorita
30th-May-2006, 03:21 PM
need to get thermals on :rofl:

22C down south in Bedford :whistle: :wink:

cheeks
30th-May-2006, 03:47 PM
:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Not going !

Just over 2 years of dancing and yet to enjoy the the southport experience:tears: :tears:

This year.....

To much decorating........following re-wiring due to start 5th:eek:

No employment....so no pennies......

To many kids .......lol

Next year I am going to make sure I book so far in advance that everything else has to wait.....:flower:

Have a ball guys and take plenty pic's :hug: :hug:

stewart38
30th-May-2006, 04:53 PM

Not going !

Just over 2 years of dancing and yet to enjoy the the southport experience:tears: :tears:

This year.....

No employment....so no pennies......

To many kids .......lol

Next year I am going to make sure I book so far in advance that everything else has to wait.....:flower:

Have a ball guys and take plenty pic's :hug: :hug:

The next one is in September

Are there day passes for this event ??

cheeks
30th-May-2006, 05:16 PM
The next one is in September

Are there day passes for this event ??

September is always a no no for me to many birthdays and I heard it was not as good as June.......

As for day passes - not that I'm aware of hun!:flower:

Spice 'n' Easy
30th-May-2006, 09:16 PM
Ok guys and gals,

Weather permitting, the June Southport Saturday Forum BBQ is ON :clap: :clap:

This is open to anyone and everyone. In fact the more the merrier so spread the word. The BBQ will be held in the open area in front of the Club apartments by the big rocks (same as last year for all those that were present then) between 7 and 9 pm. Bring your own supplies ie picnic stuff, food to throw on the barbie, plenty of booze and lets have a get-together and have a few laughs

For anyone interested we are also having a Strictly Dance Fever finale party in one of the ground floor apartments (room tbc) just prior to the main BBQ. Again anyone and everyone is invited to come join us, have a few drinks and watch the final. This will start at 5:30ish and we'll confirm which appartment at the Friday night Forum gathering.

See you all soon :nice:

:clap: :cheers: :cheers: :clap:

WittyBird
30th-May-2006, 09:27 PM
Bring your own supplies ie picnic stuff, food to throw on the barbie, plenty of booze and lets have a get-together and have a few laughs

Great Plan....

I will bring lots of prescribed drugs :rofl:
I also have a special outfit ready for the BBQ as suggested by our very own forum bombshell :rofl:

Yes Lory I really am :D

Clive Long
30th-May-2006, 09:32 PM
I'm too lazy to look it up.

Is the theme for Saturday night gangsters and molls? Will a lounge suit do?

And a small machine gun?

WittyBird
30th-May-2006, 09:42 PM
And a small machine gun?

Very Noble to admit to owning a small gun :rolleyes:

Minnie M
30th-May-2006, 09:51 PM

And a small machine gun?
Not quite - but gangster clobber will do for The Roaring 20's (http://www.partyjunction.co.uk/acatalog/1920_s__Flapper_&_Gangster_.html)

fletch
31st-May-2006, 08:44 AM
Not quite - but gangster clobber will do for The Roaring 20's (http://www.partyjunction.co.uk/acatalog/1920_s__Flapper_&_Gangster_.html)
The prices seem cheep?

I have just bought a hat from Bham 'rag market' and it was £25 and it was one of the cheaper ones:sad:

jacksondonut
31st-May-2006, 09:18 AM
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A FABULOUS TIME...:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

have a few dances for me... :wink: :wink:

will be thinking of you all..:yeah:

luv Jan
:hug: :hug:

stewart38
31st-May-2006, 09:26 AM
Reasons for not going to Southport

Not going !

September is always a no no for me to many birthdays

Seems fairly valid reasons for missing Southport?

Well for me I was going to miss June as its my sisters wedding but I said to her im sure it wont last and ill go to the next one :sad:

Rebecca
31st-May-2006, 09:27 AM
Any lady not going but wanting to get a last minute ticket my friend has a spare female ticket. PM me for details and I'll pass on telephone numbers etc.

See you all there :clap: Do you want CF and I to bring the fire poi for the BBQ?

Cruella
31st-May-2006, 09:33 AM
Any lady not going but wanting to get a last minute ticket my friend has a spare female ticket. PM me for details and I'll pass on telephone numbers etc.

See you all there :clap: Do you want CF and I to bring the fire poi for the BBQ?
Yes, that was good entertainment. Anyone else with some party tricks? (Clean ones)

stewart38
31st-May-2006, 09:40 AM
Yes, that was good entertainment. Anyone else with some party tricks? (Clean ones)

Could we have a David Blain type of competition like holding your breath in a bowl of red bull for 60 secs

Ill let the real men do it for 5 mins ??

CeeCee
31st-May-2006, 01:21 PM
Okay okay okay, I’ve come all the way from the Tango threads to ask a question.

Am I the only person who is excited by the prospect of 100s of guys dressed up as gangsters on Saturday night?

I was already looking forward to Southport but Saturday night’s 1920s theme doesn’t get much better does it? Well it's working for me anyway.

We girls can get really carried away with our beads, feathers and fringes but the image of guys in suits mmm... yummy… The thought of dancers in hats, suits, shirts, ties, braces and shiny shoes, I can hardly sleep for thinking about it.

Originally posted by CL

Oh well done Clive, at least you are thinking about joining in with the theme.

Here’s the problem. A wise person tells me that the boys traditionally hardly bother with the dressing up thing and I’ll be lucky if more than 10 join in.

Please say it isn’t so!

Come on gentlemen, you really are looking forward to dressing up too right?

FirstMove
31st-May-2006, 01:41 PM
For June last year, I hardly bothered with an outfit and felt underdressed (my first weekender). For September, I spent loads hiring a costume and was one of very few blokes who bothered.

Can you see why us blokes get all confused and give up trying?

fletch
31st-May-2006, 01:56 PM
Ill let the real men do it for 5 mins ??

mmmmmmm and you carn't:whistle: :wink:

:devil:

under par
31st-May-2006, 03:07 PM
. For September, I spent loads hiring a costume and was one of very few blokes who bothered.

Can you see why us blokes get all confused and give up trying?

Well I bothered... and won this weekend as a prize.:clap: :clap:

Its a bit of fun and as many as possible should tryand have FUN:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

FirstMove
31st-May-2006, 03:22 PM
I bothered, and got my photo in the JiveAddiction 2006 calendar. It would have been cheaper to buy a photo from Danielle :rolleyes:

Bill
31st-May-2006, 04:36 PM
Well we were going to be going .....but not going to manage after all !!!!:sick: :(

Maybe try and make September instead. Hope everyone has fun ( like there's any possibility of you not having a riot!!! :rolleyes: )

Minnie M
31st-May-2006, 05:27 PM
Well we were going to be going .....but not going to manage after all.........
:tears: :sad: :tears:

...........Maybe try and make September instead. Hope everyone has fun ( like there's any possibility of you not having a riot!!! :rolleyes: )
:clap: :D :clap:

johnah
31st-May-2006, 05:51 PM
Am I the only person who is excited by the prospect of 100s of guys dressed up as gangsters on Saturday night?

I was already looking forward to Southport but Saturday night’s 1920s theme doesn’t get much better does it? Well it's working for me anyway.

We girls can get really carried away with our beads, feathers and fringes but the image of guys in suits mmm... yummy… The thought of dancers in hats, suits, shirts, ties, braces and shiny shoes, I can hardly sleep for thinking about it.

Oh well done Clive, at least you are thinking about joining in with the theme.

Here’s the problem. A wise person tells me that the boys traditionally hardly bother with the dressing up thing and I’ll be lucky if more than 10 join in.

Please say it isn’t so!

Come on gentlemen, you really are looking forward to dressing up too right?

The alleged wise person ain't as wise as he/she thinks! Cos the video evidences around 100 or so men. This June's theme is the easiest yet, so one could reasonable think that more men make the effort and join in with the spirit of the evening. Personally, speaking I can't wait to see all those ladies suitably attired!!

johnah
31st-May-2006, 05:59 PM
Ok guys and gals,

[/CENTER]

:waycool: :waycool: :waycool: :waycool: I'm told the forecast for the weekend is sunny and a warm 22c. Hope they're right!

Rhythm King
31st-May-2006, 06:04 PM
My ticket just arrived - phew! :clap:

How long now?:wink:

WittyBird
31st-May-2006, 06:08 PM
My ticket just arrived - phew! :clap:

How long now?:wink:

2 sleeps for some:flower:

1 sleep for me :clap:

Minnie M
31st-May-2006, 06:29 PM
:waycool: :waycool: :waycool: :waycool: I'm told the forecast for the weekend is sunny and a warm 22c. Hope they're right!
FANTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTIC :clap: are you going to join us John ?

:yeah: :drool: the guys are going to look :worthy: in their 20's gear:clap: - I'm getting excited to :clap:

Just got back from the 'dressing-up' shop with my feathers etc., got loads if anyone needs some - my boa is black and I have a black dress, so if anyone wants to swop

Are you joining us for the M6 picnic CeeCee :flower: (Juction 14/15 approx 1pm)

2 more sleeps.................

stewart38
31st-May-2006, 07:14 PM
The alleged wise person ain't as wise as he/she thinks! Cos the video evidences around 100 or so men. This June's theme is the easiest yet, so one could reasonable think that more men make the effort and join in with the spirit of the evening. Personally, speaking I can't wait to see all those ladies suitably attired!!

Cant see more then 20 guys making the effort, i hope im wrong

Hardly a easy theme

Dance Demon
31st-May-2006, 07:59 PM

Hardly a easy theme

Zoot suit at the ready.........:waycool:

Tiggerbabe
31st-May-2006, 08:56 PM
Fantastic! You look great in that :D

ducasi
31st-May-2006, 09:05 PM
Hmm... I'm wondering if I would get away with a black shirt and white tie I just happen to have... :whistle:

Half-hearted? Me? You bet!

WittyBird
31st-May-2006, 09:08 PM
ok I have Marc's schedule for DJ slots...

Marc will be DJ'ing in...

Friday - Latin Quarter - 8-9.30
Friday - Blues Room 2-4am then Dance Demon comes on

Saturday - Latin Quarter - 1.30 - 3 am

Sunday - Blues Room 1am - 2.30am

Hope this helps :D

Spice 'n' Easy
31st-May-2006, 10:28 PM
ok I have Marc's schedule for DJ slots...

Marc will be DJ'ing in...

Friday - Latin Quarter - 8-9.30
Friday - Blues Room 2-4am then Dance Demon comes on

Saturday - Latin Quarter - 1.30 - 3 am

Sunday - Blues Room 1am - 2.30am

Hope this helps :D

Hooray!! I know where i'll be :clap: :clap:

WittyBird
31st-May-2006, 10:41 PM
Hooray!! I know where i'll be :clap: :clap:

Well save me a few dances please :D

Paul F
31st-May-2006, 10:43 PM

Hardly a easy theme

I so want to but I have not had chance. I only landed in the uk yesterday evening and I have declared a SORN with the DVLA so cant use my car to get to the fancy dress shop tomorrow (thursday). Need to have a meaningful think of how I can get to the shop without a car and not have it take ages :sad:

foxylady
31st-May-2006, 11:04 PM
I so want to but I have not had chance. I only landed in the uk yesterday evening and I have declared a SORN with the DVLA so cant use my car to get to the fancy dress shop tomorrow (thursday). Need to have a meaningful think of how I can get to the shop without a car and not have it take ages :sad:

Anything I can do to help :wink: let me know (not that I live anywhere near woking....but I do live near a fancy dress shop - "culture vultures" in East Finchley - so you could always just supply me with your measurements .... was that subtle enough do you think ??????)

WittyBird
31st-May-2006, 11:08 PM
Anything I can do to help :wink: let me know (not that I live anywhere near woking....but I do live near a fancy dress shop - "culture vultures" in East Finchley - so you could always just supply me with your measurements .... was that subtle enough do you think ??????)

OOoh Tess, I need a black trilby can you sort that as well? :rofl:

TheTramp
1st-June-2006, 08:00 AM
Guess it'll be tomorrow then!! :whistle:

fletch
1st-June-2006, 08:38 AM
Guess it'll be tomorrow then!! :whistle:

Yes

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Cruella
1st-June-2006, 08:45 AM
Really excited now!! Travelling with Fletch and Witty so i'm sure it'll be a really quiet relaxing journey.:rolleyes: :D
Best start packing.:eek:

Tiggerbabe
1st-June-2006, 08:49 AM
really quiet
:rofl: :rofl:
Safe journey! :hug:

TheTramp
1st-June-2006, 08:58 AM
:rofl: :rofl:
Safe journey! :hug:

We'll pray for you! :flower:

Paul F
1st-June-2006, 05:15 PM

Thanks for the offer. I wouldnt want to ask for anything without trying it first. Looks like I am going to give the dressing up a miss. :sad:

Right, off to do loads of ironing

Rhythm King
1st-June-2006, 05:24 PM
Dark suit, black shirt, white tie? Black & white shoes if you've got them, go on be imaginative! My "costume" is coming out of my wardrobe, just put together somewhat differently :wink:

Minnie M
1st-June-2006, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the offer. I wouldnt want to ask for anything without trying it first. Looks like I am going to give the dressing up a miss. :sad:

Right, off to do loads of ironing

You must have a black shirt in your cupboard somewhere ??? then all you need is a white tie and you are half way there (shouldn't think the guys will keep their jackets on for long)

Real shame Paul, would love to see you in gangster gear :drool:

Sheepman
1st-June-2006, 05:38 PM
would love to see you in gangster gear And there's me thinking what a good moll he would make!

Greg

Rhythm King
1st-June-2006, 05:52 PM
And there's me thinking what a good moll he would make!

Greg
Would that be for the well known Chicago gangster Greg "Pyjama Pants" Davidson? :whistle:

Minnie M
1st-June-2006, 05:53 PM

Greg

:rofl: :rofl: just got a mental picture of Paul in black stockings with a blue garter :rofl:

Minnie M
1st-June-2006, 05:57 PM
Zoot suit at the ready.........:waycool:
:yeah: :drool: :yeah:
This is such a good theme :clap:
Wonder what colour Zoot suit Nigel will wear :clap:

Rhythm King
1st-June-2006, 06:00 PM
:yeah: :drool: :yeah:
This is such a good theme :clap:
Wonder what colour Zoot suit Nigel will wear :clap:
Are you opening a book Minnie? :waycool: I pick the royal blue one, with the matching shoes and hat :rofl:

LMC
1st-June-2006, 06:03 PM
Flapper dress with fringes... check :waycool:

Input of effort = 0 :clap: - that's the kind of fancy dress I can cope with...

Yliander
1st-June-2006, 06:13 PM
Flapper dress with fringes... check :waycool: ooo I am so jealous!

Minnie M
1st-June-2006, 06:36 PM
Are you opening a book Minnie? :waycool: I pick the royal blue one, with the matching shoes and hat :rofl:
fantaaaaaaaaaaaastic :clap:
so looking forward to seeing all you boys :drool:

Paul F
1st-June-2006, 07:09 PM
You must have a black shirt in your cupboard somewhere ??? then all you need is a white tie and you are half way there (shouldn't think the guys will keep their jackets on for long)

:nice: The only black shirt I am bringing has got sequins on it :eek: Maybe I could be the worlds first camp gangster (I do have a white tie!)

Greg

Ok, what's a moll?

Paul F
1st-June-2006, 07:17 PM
Rather than read through all 492 replies....

Did someone mention having a BBQ at some point over the weekend?

Lynn
1st-June-2006, 07:32 PM
Flapper dress with fringes... check :waycool:
Frustratingly I used to have a nice dress with fringes, and had it kept in my wardrobe 'just in case' for an occasion like this - but then gave it away a while back. :( So probably not doing the dressing up thing either, which is a pity as it sounds like a good theme.

Looking forward to seeing all the guys though :drool:

Spice 'n' Easy
1st-June-2006, 11:36 PM
Rather than read through all 492 replies....

Did someone mention having a BBQ at some point over the weekend?

Yes. Here's a reminder

Ok guys and gals,

This is open to anyone and everyone. In fact the more the merrier so spread the word. The BBQ will be held in the open area in front of the Club apartments by the big rocks (same as last year for all those that were present then) between 7 and 9 pm. Bring your own supplies ie picnic stuff, food to throw on the barbie, plenty of booze and lets have a get-together and have a few laughs

For anyone interested we are also having a Strictly Dance Fever finale party in one of the ground floor apartments (room tbc) just prior to the main BBQ. Again anyone and everyone is invited to come join us, have a few drinks and watch the final. This will start at 5:30ish and we'll confirm which appartment at the Friday night Forum gathering.

See you all soon :nice:

:clap: :cheers: :cheers: :clap:

fletch
2nd-June-2006, 12:20 AM
This is me and Witty getting ready to go to SP.......

We ended up in Wolverhampton :rofl: great night that was :confused:

WittyBird
2nd-June-2006, 12:25 AM
Love the pics :rofl:

had a great night at Wolverhamton musicality means so much to them :rolleyes:

Yeah really it does :blush:

Minnie M
2nd-June-2006, 12:55 AM
Good night all - will finish the packing in the morning

See lots of you tomorrow :clap: :clap: :clap:

TheTramp
2nd-June-2006, 01:22 AM