PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Camber in May 2006 (5th–8th)?

Lee
18th-November-2005, 04:16 PM
I know it's a bit early but i was just wondering who was thinking about going to Camber on the weekend of 5-8th May 2006?

Lee
I'm blonde, what's your excuse?
Copyright ‘LMC’

http://www.jivetime.co.uk/page6.html

Rebecca
18th-November-2005, 04:27 PM
Are you taking the pi**? Funny if you are. If not, not sure on Camber yet :blush:

Lee
18th-November-2005, 04:31 PM
Are you taking the pi**? Funny if you are. If not, not sure on Camber yet :blush:

:blush: I just wanted to try out a new thread and thought as Storm has just sold out, everyone might start booking up for all the next weekenders way in advanced.

Sorry, I am blonde :whistle:

Lee

Rebecca
18th-November-2005, 04:38 PM
:blush: I just wanted to try out a new thread and thought as Storm has just sold out, everyone might start booking up for all the next weekenders way in advanced.

Sorry, I am blonde :whistle:

Lee

Awwwww :hug: :hug:

PS Storm sold out? There you go, your planning ahead strategy much better than mine obviously!

Minnie M
18th-November-2005, 04:46 PM
Anyone know when the Ceroc Comp is on ?

Zebra Woman
18th-November-2005, 04:52 PM
I would consider it if the numbers were balanced. :whistle:

stewart38
18th-November-2005, 05:29 PM

good point ! not missing that

dee
18th-November-2005, 10:32 PM

It's usually on the May bank holiday weekend. Good job you said :flower:

Missy D
19th-November-2005, 06:38 AM
I want to go! Can we Dee? Can We? Put your 8 year old on ebay then we can go. Please!!!!!!!!!!

dee
19th-November-2005, 09:36 AM
I want to go! Can we Dee? Can We? Put your 8 year old on ebay then we can go. Please!!!!!!!!!!

I have a cunning plan!!!!

I put my 8 year old in the 3 wheeler and put it on Ebay that i pay them to take them ???

Is foxy going? :drool:

Lee
21st-November-2005, 01:47 PM
I would consider it if the numbers were balanced. :whistle:

Franko won't balance numbers. :sad:

Lee

dee
21st-November-2005, 02:11 PM

Looks like Stewart38 is not going you know how he likes to babysit :whistle:

Come on Stewart its only a few days :flower: :hug:

senorita
21st-November-2005, 04:48 PM

was thinking of going....but can babysit your 8yr old if need be.....
If the price is right of course :D :whistle:

dee
21st-November-2005, 05:13 PM
was thinking of going....but can babysit your 8yr old if need be.....
If the price is right of course :D :whistle:

What a lovely offer :hug: how much do you charge? you forumites are such wonderful people :hug: :flower:

jockey
22nd-November-2005, 01:01 AM
I am thinking of trading at Camber ( jewellery and "fantasy figurines" - dragons etc) - would that be a good idea?
Or is everybody just there for the dancing and to buy shoes?
I recall trading at Hickstead - at horse shows horsey people are known just to be interested in horses - are dancers the same?:confused:

Lee
22nd-November-2005, 05:51 PM
I am thinking of trading at Camber ( jewellery and "fantasy figurines" - dragons etc) - would that be a good idea?
Or is everybody just there for the dancing and to buy shoes?
I recall trading at Hickstead - at horse shows horsey people are known just to be interested in horses - are dancers the same?:confused:

Yer, I could bring my Lord of the Rings figures & magazines and sell them, great idea, how do i get a table for this?

Lee

dee
22nd-November-2005, 07:33 PM
Yer, I could bring my Lord of the Rings figures & magazines and sell them, great idea, how do i get a table for this?

Lee

What are we doing a boot sale now? i have lots of things i can sell :clap: maybe i can make enough money to go to the next weekender :flower:

Missy D
22nd-November-2005, 07:58 PM
Hey maybe i could set up a body casting stall!! I would need to know in advance if anyone wants anything big cast. Pm me length and girth if you want a door knocker doing:rofl: :rofl:

We could have a guess who this body part belongs to competition and raise money for me to go to Camber again in the November.

dee
22nd-November-2005, 08:18 PM
Hey maybe i could set up a body casting stall!! I would need to know in advance if anyone wants anything big cast. Pm me length and girth if you want a door knocker doing:rofl: :rofl:

We could have a guess who this body part belongs to competition and raise money for me to go to Camber again in the November.

Do we have to pm you if we would like a post box or bike rack made :whistle:

Gosh i hope Foxy is going, can i assist if he is? :innocent:

Missy D
22nd-November-2005, 09:19 PM
Do we have to pm you if we would like a post box or bike rack made :whistle:

Gosh i hope Foxy is going, can i assist if he is? :innocent:

Of course Dee you know i like to keep it in the family:rofl: :rofl:

Best bit about my job is that you have to oil up the hairy bits so the casting material doesnt stick. Dee I would have to do that bit on foxy as i am the professional one here. You can do the girls:rofl: :rofl: letter boxes and bike racks:rofl: :rofl:

Lynn
22nd-November-2005, 11:53 PM
I recall trading at Hickstead - at horse shows horsey people are known just to be interested in horses - are dancers the same?:confused: Are dancers just interested in horses? :confused: (I know what you mean, used to go to the Horse of the Year show at Olympia and all the stands were horsey stuff, but then all the people were horsey people so it made sense).

Lee
24th-November-2005, 01:45 PM
Of course Dee you know i like to keep it in the family:rofl: :rofl:

Best bit about my job is that you have to oil up the hairy bits so the casting material doesnt stick. Dee I would have to do that bit on foxy as i am the professional one here. You can do the girls:rofl: :rofl: letter boxes and bike racks:rofl: :rofl:

:eek:

Magic Hans
29th-November-2005, 01:22 PM
'Fraid not!!

Too far!

And too close to the Southport date!

Lee
14th-December-2005, 05:53 PM
Just thought i'd get this thread back up to the top, incase people miss it. :blush:

Happy Xmas!!

Lee

Minnie M
14th-December-2005, 05:55 PM
Just thought i'd get this thread back up to the top, incase people miss it. :blush:

Happy Xmas!!

Lee

What about the Bognor one - that is in about 4 weeks time :eek:

Lee
12th-January-2006, 05:37 PM
So, with Southport in June closed for Women only bookings, will more people now book for Camber?

I'm still on the fence.

Lee

stewart38
12th-January-2006, 05:43 PM
So, with Southport in June closed for Women only bookings, will more people now book for Camber?

I'm still on the fence.

Lee

With Bognor , STORM (or Blackpool) Southport ,im so on the fence it hurts :tears:

Northants Girly
12th-January-2006, 06:10 PM
'Fraid not!!

Too far!

And too close to the Southport date!and close to BFG too (13-14th May) :)

LMC
12th-January-2006, 06:17 PM
Maybe, but not me - I won't book on a non-gender balanced weekender. My loss :shrug: - May Camber is too close to the BFG anyway :)

stewart38
13th-January-2006, 05:16 PM
Maybe, but not me - I won't book on a non-gender balanced weekender. My loss :shrug: - May Camber is too close to the BFG anyway :)

What if you heard that a non-gender balanced weekender became a balanced gender weekender due to abstainers of the non gender balanced weekenders like you not attending. Would you go then ? :what:

LMC
13th-January-2006, 05:34 PM
I still wouldn't really want to take the risk unless the gender balancing was "official" - as others have said, a weekender is a bit different in terms of cost, time and "emotional investment" than a regular freestyle night.

If someone wanted to offer me a free or heavily discounted ticket at the last minute on the basis that more women were needed, then I might consider it - but would still depend on location/venue and how many other people I would know there.

Lee
15th-March-2006, 05:23 PM
I still wouldn't really want to take the risk unless the gender balancing was "official" - as others have said, a weekender is a bit different in terms of cost, time and "emotional investment" than a regular freestyle night.

If someone wanted to offer me a free or heavily discounted ticket at the last minute on the basis that more women were needed, then I might consider it - but would still depend on location/venue and how many other people I would know there.

It looks like Franko is doing a ballot to decide whether he implements a gender balance or not. :clap: :clap:

If so i might be going to the Cambe rin Nov over Breeze in Oct. :whistle:

Lee

Cruella
15th-March-2006, 05:33 PM
But the BFG isn't gender balanced :whistle:

Bubbalou
16th-March-2006, 02:57 PM
Well I will be there!!

thewacko
19th-March-2006, 12:13 PM
Well I will be there!!
I am going along with the "Cyprus 6"!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone got a spare place - if so please PM Tazmanian Devil

She has been let down quite badly by a few "Friends" and now finds herself without place herself (her friends have got places:mad: )

Bubbalou
19th-March-2006, 12:15 PM
I am going along with the "Cyprus 6"!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone got a spare place - if so please PM Tazmanian Devil

She has been let down quite badly by a few "Friends" and now finds herself without place herself (her friends have got places:mad: )

I'll keep an ear to the ground as I know lots who are going

Lou xx

stewart38
21st-March-2006, 12:18 PM
ok ill go to camber :yeah:

the first 6 lucky ladies to PM can go with me :whistle:

fletch
21st-March-2006, 02:20 PM

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Same old faces :whistle:

:wink:

stewart38
21st-March-2006, 03:14 PM

My PM cant be working today :sad:

w_estermann
21st-March-2006, 06:50 PM
Hi - I went to Camber for the Ceroc event and had a great time - am now looking to go to the one in May but they do not cater for single bookings like Ceroc do - would anyone be interested in arranging a group booking?

I have a slight addiction to Ceroc as I have already booked for Breeze in October and Camber next year. Would like to do all the weekends available if anyone else wants to feed their addictions.

Thanks in advance.

Warren

Donna
21st-March-2006, 07:56 PM
Looking at the camber DVD 2005, it looked interesting. Would like to say 'yes' to it this year. How much it is it?

Missy D
22nd-March-2006, 09:51 AM
My lovely friend has just broken up with her boyfriend and has offered me his place:clap: I am so excited:clap: :clap: :clap: This will be first ever dance weekender:clap: I hope and pray they dont get back together. Will have to constantly remind her that she is better off without him (he wasnt nice anyway).

Zebra Woman
22nd-March-2006, 11:17 AM
My lovely friend has just broken up with her boyfriend and has offered me his place:clap: I am so excited:clap: :clap: :clap: This will be first ever dance weekender:clap: I hope and pray they dont get back together. Will have to constantly remind her that she is better off without him (he wasnt nice anyway).

Hope you have a great time Chloe :grin: .

I think have just seen a loop hole.

If Franco is balancing the sexes from now on, but has no idea of the sexes of the people already booked in. There's nothing to stop women getting a place by persuading a male to give her his existing place and then re-book as a man (on her behalf). Thereby getting her in.

Does that make sense?

Have I missed something? :confused:

Lynn
22nd-March-2006, 12:21 PM
If Franco is balancing the sexes from now on, but has no idea of the sexes of the people already booked in. There's nothing to stop women getting a place by persuading a male to give her his existing place and then re-book as a man (on her behalf). Thereby getting her in.

Does that make sense?

Have I missed something? :confused:But if a lot do that, that would mean that in practice there would still be lots of extra women there. I can't go in May anyway (going to Spain!:waycool: ) but would be interested in going another time if numbers are balanced - properly.

stewart38
22nd-March-2006, 01:09 PM
Hi - I went to Camber for the Ceroc event and had a great time - am now looking to go to the one in May but they do not cater for single bookings like Ceroc do - would anyone be interested in arranging a group booking?

Warren

yes they do

Angel
22nd-March-2006, 02:11 PM
Looking at all the pictures from the storm event, i'm thinking of getting a ticket for myself, how do i go about obtaining one? and would i have to share with a stranger?. I will have a look through this thread incase details are else where.

Msfab
22nd-March-2006, 03:07 PM
Looking at all the pictures from the storm event, i'm thinking of getting a ticket for myself, how do i go about obtaining one? and would i have to share with a stranger?. I will have a look through this thread incase details are else where.

Storm and Camber are run by 2 different hosts.

Storm is a CEROC weekender. Camber is run by jivetime. Although both are held at the same venue!

under par
22nd-March-2006, 10:11 PM

Storm is a CEROC weekender. Camber is run by jivetime. Although both are held at the same venue!

Actually to be strictlty correct both Jivetime (Franco in May and November) and Ceroc (Storm in March) run events at the Pontins holiday camp in the place called Camber in Sussex.

Msfab
23rd-March-2006, 10:49 AM
Actually to be strictlty correct both Jivetime (Franco in May and November) and Ceroc (Storm in March) run events at the Pontins holiday camp in the place called Camber in Sussex.

Err and whats different to what I said? :confused:

under par
23rd-March-2006, 12:35 PM
Err and whats different to what I said? :confused:

Well it could be said that both are Camber because they both happen at Camber.

So if you can say Camber is Franco you can equally say Camber is Storm.

Camber is the place............................................. ....................... the events are called Storm and Jive Festival Weekend.......................run respectively by Ceroc and Jive Time.

When only one organiser ran events at Camber it was easier to call Camber Camber......now 2 organisers run events there its important to be more specific, IMHO.:whistle:

stewart38
23rd-March-2006, 01:21 PM

Camber is the place............................................. ....................... the events are called Storm and Jive Festival Weekend.......................run respectively by Ceroc and Jive Time.

When only one organiser ran events at Camber it was easier to call Camber Camber......now 2 organisers run events there its important to be more specific, IMHO.:whistle:

You could say there has never been a time when only one organiser ran events at Camber but that would be pedantic

under par
23rd-March-2006, 01:31 PM
You could say there has never been a time when only one organiser ran events at Camber but that would be pedantic

Stewart please leave the pedantry to me on this thread .....:flower:

Angel
23rd-March-2006, 03:22 PM

Right i'm getting a little confused here :confused:
Say if i was wanting to go in May, is it called Franco, camber or storm? :sick: and who do i contact.
One simple thing has turned into a confusing nightmare :sad:

SilverFox
23rd-March-2006, 03:29 PM
Say if i was wanting to go in May, is it called Franco, camber or storm? :sick: and who do i contact.
One simple thing has turned into a confusing nightmare :sad:In May it is at Pontins Holiday Centre in Camber Sands and is run by Franco (Jive Time). Go to www.jivetime.co.uk (http://www.jivetime.co.uk)

Msfab
23rd-March-2006, 03:30 PM
One simple thing has turned into a confusing nightmare :sad:

To go in May you want to get hold of Jive Time which is run by Franco at Pontins in Camber sands.

Msfab
23rd-March-2006, 03:31 PM
In May it is at Pontins Holiday Centre in Camber Sands and is run by Franco (Jive Time). Go to www.jivetime.co.uk (http://www.jivetime.co.uk)

Oops the fox got there first!

Lee
23rd-March-2006, 05:29 PM
I know it's a bit early but i was just wondering who was thinking about going to Camber on the weekend of 5-8th May 2006?

Lee
I'm blonde, what's your excuse?
Copyright ‘LMC’

http://www.jivetime.co.uk/page6.html

Lucky i didn't book in advance, i can't go now :tears:

And whats this Leader / Follower balance thing all about. :confused:

At least Franko is trying :respect:

Lee

Lee
23rd-March-2006, 05:31 PM

If you post a picture (and you're fit) you might not need to share with a strangers :whistle: :rofl:

Lee :hug:

stewart38
23rd-March-2006, 05:54 PM
what was the outcome on the vote ?

I cant find it ?

Lee
23rd-March-2006, 05:55 PM
what was the outcome on the vote ?

I cant find it ?

http://www.jivetime.co.uk/page10.html

:sad:

Cruella
23rd-March-2006, 06:20 PM
Oops the fox got there first!
I heard he was quick :whistle:

Lynn
23rd-March-2006, 06:42 PM
So the outcome is that the weekends will not be balanced male-female but they will attempt to balance leader-follower?

This sounds good in theory but surely some ladies can book saying they dance lead (even I'm learning to lead) but spend most of their time dancing as follow? So you are back to the same problem of a lot more women than men.

Angel
24th-March-2006, 03:31 PM
In May it is at Pontins Holiday Centre in Camber Sands and is run by Franco (Jive Time). Go to www.jivetime.co.uk (http://www.jivetime.co.uk)

Thank you sexy :flower:

Donna
24th-March-2006, 03:36 PM
This sounds good in theory but surely some ladies can book saying they dance lead (even I'm learning to lead) but spend most of their time dancing as follow?

Ha Ha! Sneaky but I like it! :nice:

Lory
24th-March-2006, 03:42 PM
Sneaky but I like it! :nice:
Why :confused:

thewacko
24th-March-2006, 11:36 PM
So the outcome is that the weekends will not be balanced male-female but they will attempt to balance leader-follower?

This sounds good in theory but surely some ladies can book saying they dance lead (even I'm learning to lead) but spend most of their time dancing as follow? So you are back to the same problem of a lot more women than men.
ok but many more women can follow as well as lead, most men are men and can not do the follow thing as it takes us all our time to figure out how to lead in the first case, so IMOA if there are more women than men surely that must be a good thing - even for you women cos then you also get a chance to lead

slinks away back into the corner cos I am a man and no matter what i say i am wrong any way! ! ! !

Northants Girly
25th-March-2006, 01:01 AM
I am a man and no matter what i say i am wrongThats correct :na:

fletch
25th-March-2006, 09:55 AM
I am a man and no matter what i say i am wrong any way! ! ! !

At last a man that knows his place:wink:

:devil:

:rofl: :rofl:

stewart38
7th-April-2006, 04:48 PM
ok im booked

But heard today from female non forum friend

--------------------------
I am trying to get ticket for Camber - on waiting list again!
No female tickets at moment - trying to find male friends who have not yet
booked.
-------------------------

Thought there wasnt gender balance here :sick:

Lee
7th-April-2006, 04:50 PM
ok im booked

But heard today from female non forum friend

I am trying to get ticket for Camber - on waiting list again!
No female tickets at moment - trying to find male friends who have not yet
booked.
-------------------------

Thought there wasnt gender balance here :sick:

From the moment Franko closed the poll, he implemented a lead/follower balance.

Lee

stewart38
7th-April-2006, 05:19 PM
From the moment Franko closed the poll, he implemented a lead/follower balance.

Lee

well in that case I respect her honesty :flower:

Angel
8th-April-2006, 03:08 PM
After all the confusion of whom i should call reguarding tickets i have booked and paid for myself and a friend :clap: i am really looking forward to this event.

fletch
8th-April-2006, 03:10 PM
After all the confusion of whom i should call reguarding tickets i have booked and paid for myself and a friend :clap: i am really looking forward to this event.
well its not rocket science:na:

Minnie M
9th-April-2006, 09:28 AM
Don't forget if you want any 'Private Classes' (up to 4 people per teacher) - all teachers are available including Joseph and Sadie, you can get them from me - I will be at reception from Friday - this is an excellant way of really getting to know moves and styling - half hour or one hour sessions

stewart38
10th-April-2006, 04:50 PM
If i give someone a Traffic cone and if their getting down there early on friday can they put it in a parking spot for me :grin: 6 rep points avaible

12 points if they move their car so i can park in their space

I think 1,400 now booked

thewacko
10th-April-2006, 08:31 PM
If i give someone a Traffic cone and if their getting down there early on friday can they put it in a parking spot for me :grin: 6 rep points avaible

12 points if they move their car so i can park in their space

I think 1,400 now booked

:devil:
no
:devil: do I stil get the rep?????

But I know someone who may just warm up your apertment for you:eek:

stewart38
11th-April-2006, 11:29 AM
But I know someone who may just warm up your apertment for you:eek:

who :whistle:

fletch
11th-April-2006, 01:05 PM
Do you have room for a small, shy, quirt, little thing?:innocent:

I might need a place to run to?:eek:

:whistle:

stewart38
11th-April-2006, 02:00 PM
Do you have room for a small, shy, quirt, little thing?:innocent:

I might need a place to run to?:eek:

:whistle:

sure quote reference er463JH at the door. You can hide under the sink till coast is clear

fletch
11th-April-2006, 03:52 PM
sure quote reference er463JH at the door. You can hide under the sink till coast is clear
Thanks might need some somewhere to retreat and reload:angry: but you should know me by now I don't do hiding:devil:

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread:eek:

stewart38
11th-April-2006, 04:02 PM
Thanks might need some somewhere to retreat and reload:angry: but you should know me by now I don't do hiding:devil:

If there is a late night party this time and im not 'busy' i want to know :angry:

fletch
11th-April-2006, 04:38 PM
If there is a late night party this time and im not 'busy' i want to know :angry:
Me to !!! a party wouldn't be the same without me:wink:

Perhaps we should have it at mine, that would really put the cat amongst the pigeons:devil:

Dance Demon
12th-April-2006, 09:58 AM
Was hoping to get to my first Camber to do a wee spot of DJing......but can't get the time off work:tears: .....November hopefully,(fingers crossed)

thewacko
12th-April-2006, 09:16 PM
now that would be telling (besides her cheque might bounce so she may not be able to:whistle:

(besides no rep yet:devil: )

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

stewart38
13th-April-2006, 09:34 AM
Interesting comment made from female friend who cant go ?

Will there be 'police' making sure those who said they can 'Lead' will 'Lead' :what:

I think ill say im a man but only a 'follower'

I said that friend and I could both dance 'lead' but if we go as 'leaders' we have to wear different coloured band and dance lead ALL weekend - also have to pay an extra £100 which is refundable when we return the coloured band!
----------------------------

Minnie M
13th-April-2006, 09:36 AM
Was hoping to get to my first Camber to do a wee spot of DJing...........November hopefully,(fingers crossed)
:yeah: :clap: :yeah: :respect: :yeah: :clap: :yeah:

Lee
21st-April-2006, 01:44 PM
This has now moved on to:

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8329

:yeah:

Little Monkey
21st-April-2006, 06:50 PM
Ok, just a warning......

Little Monkey is going to Camber!:eek:

thewacko
21st-April-2006, 10:20 PM
Ok, just a warning......

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Got my ticket/passes yesterday

Hope to meet a certain Little monkey and even have a dance

(With the 24 hour Freestyle policy this May there is no excuses:D )

I can not see me dancing for 24 hours but somehow I can envisage Tazmanian Devil giving it a bloomin good try:eek:

under par
22nd-April-2006, 08:05 AM
Ok, just a warning......

Little Monkey is going to Camber!:eek::yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

See you there...:flower:

Minnie M
22nd-April-2006, 08:28 AM
Ok, just a warning......

:yeah: :clap: :yeah:

under par
22nd-April-2006, 08:31 AM
:
Originally Posted by Donna
You can say that again! I bet nobody will be up between 4 - 8 a.m.

I love dancing between 4 and 7 am and will endeavour to be there at Camber too.
Well Done Franco!!
Hope the Djs are great and that the bar is open too.

Little Monkey
22nd-April-2006, 02:12 PM
I love dancing between 4 and 7 am and will endeavour to be there at Camber too.
Well Done Franco!!
Hope the Djs are great and that the bar is open too.

Even I managed to dance until 6am two nights in a row last September at Southport!:D Monday morning I had to give up at 5am, though..... And I know most of my friends didn't give up until 7am! I personally think 8-10am is going to be rather quiet... Unless there are people who actually have gone to bed at a reasonable hour, and then get up to dance again early in the morning when the rest of us are going to bed!

However, as I'm going to the BFG the following weekend, and my back is still rather, ummmm, fragile (to say the least), I shall have to take it rather easy at Camber. If anyone wants to dance with me, I shall be in the blues room...:cool:

SilverFox
23rd-April-2006, 07:14 PM
The 24 hour dancing idea was all sounding quite promising at first, but on closer inspection has given me some major worries.

Traditionally the Main Room closed at 4am and the Blues Room stayed open until 6am. Now the Blues Room closes at 4am!! :eek: :eek:

The Dance Cafe running from 4am until 10am will be playing fast music as well.

So for all us blues lovers, we've just lost 6 hours of blues over the whole weekend. A total disaster, unless I've got the wrong end of the stick here.

Why on earth is Franco doing this? :tears: :mad:

under par
23rd-April-2006, 07:33 PM
The 24 hour dancing idea was all sounding quite promising at first,
So for all us blues lovers, we've just lost 6 hours of blues over the whole weekend. A total disaster, unless I've got the wrong end of the stick here.

Why on earth is Franco doing this? :tears: :mad:

And will the bar be open anywhere after 0130 hours... or is it water for us all night!!! For 24 hours!:eek:

Not that I drink a lot but if the kiteflying social club and needy nurses conference went to Pontins/Butlins you know their organiser would have the bars open for their punters .... so why can't we be offered the same by our organiser... JIVETIME, felt like a second class citizen at Bognor.:mad:

Minnie M
23rd-April-2006, 07:58 PM
If there is no bar, then we can bring our own booze in - cheaper :clap:

under par
23rd-April-2006, 08:07 PM

Sorry Minnie that just means more to carry from chalet to venue in an already packed dance bag! If you're going for 8 hours freestyle how many beers/ cokes can you carry?? No Ice and a slice, no glasses!!

What next?? will we be putting our own tents up!:whistle:

Okay slight exaggeration but it did bug me having the bar closing and we haven't had any update from Franco as to how the bars will work at Camber yet.

Minnie M
23rd-April-2006, 08:22 PM
Sorry Minnie that just means more to carry from chalet to venue in an already packed dance bag! If you're going for 8 hours freestyle how many beers/ cokes can you carry?? No Ice and a slice, no glasses!!.........

hmm.... didn't think about the extra weight bit :innocent: (especially if you are drinking beer) - I think I can live without the Ice and a slice, however you could keep hold of your glass, or drink from the bottle.

Anyway....... the route of the problem is the bar times - not sure on that one as the Rhythm Riot (Camber last week in November) the bar is open till 5am :cheers: Franco (hopefully) is sorting this out :flower:

Minnie M
23rd-April-2006, 08:26 PM
What happened to the rest of my post ???? Or am I going mad ??????

Thought I made a comment about DJs etc and where is Dance Cafe ???

Have I been a naughty girl :innocent:

under par
23rd-April-2006, 08:29 PM

Is it on 24 hour thread?:flower: :hug: :hug:

Minnie M
23rd-April-2006, 08:38 PM
:blush: oh dear, it so confusing :what: is that what they call thread insest :sick:

thanks UP :hug:

Gojive
23rd-April-2006, 08:39 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Half past two Min! :wink:

I think "Have" and "I" have been inadvertently transposed by your keyboard :whistle: ....

:D :love:

Minnie M
23rd-April-2006, 08:44 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Half past two Min! :wink: ../snip/........
I think "Have" and "I" have been inadvertently transposed by your keyboard :whistle: ..
:blush: :really: :blush:
have respect for your elders Gojive :rolleyes:
:tears: :tears: :tears:

Gojive
23rd-April-2006, 08:51 PM
:blush: :really: :blush:
have respect for your elders Gojive :rolleyes:
:tears: :tears: :tears:

:respect: :respect: :respect: :respect:

You'll always have my respect Lynda :worthy:

Minnie M
23rd-April-2006, 08:54 PM
:respect: :respect: :respect: :respect:

You'll always have my respect Lynda :worthy:

:blush:

:flower:
goodness - didn't expect that :blush:

Little Monkey
1st-May-2006, 05:03 PM
See you there...:flower:

In just 4 days!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ohmygod! I've got far too much to do before I jump on that train on Thursday! Aaaaargh!!!! :eek:

stewart38
2nd-May-2006, 09:51 AM
In just 4 days!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ohmygod! I've got far too much to do before I jump on that train on Thursday! Aaaaargh!!!! :eek:

Could be 75f in london on thursday and 70f in Rye on Friday :waycool:

fletch
2nd-May-2006, 03:36 PM
Could be 75f in london on thursday and 70f in Rye on Friday :waycool:

Better pack the bikini then:waycool: if I fall asleep in the sun, turn me over when I look done :D

S38 carn't waight to see you in your speedo's:wink:

:rofl:

stewart38
2nd-May-2006, 03:51 PM
In just 3 days!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Best i get my suitcase unpact from STORM now and see what needs washing, wore both things only once so hopefully little washing required :grin:

Tazmanian Devil
2nd-May-2006, 03:59 PM

Best i get my suitcase unpact from STORM now and see what needs washing, wore both things only once so hopefully little washing required :grin:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

*imagines 2 outfits festering in suitcase* :sick: :sick:

stewart38
2nd-May-2006, 04:14 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

*imagines 2 outfits festering in suitcase* :sick: :sick:

What the black shirt or the other black shirt ? :sad:

Fletch can take me shopping in Rye , Only chance of her having a good Ryde all weekend :whistle:

stewart38
3rd-May-2006, 11:03 AM
2 days!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Little Monkey
3rd-May-2006, 01:30 PM
2 days!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Aaaaargh!!! How will I get ready for going to London tomorrow? Panicpanicpanicpanic!:eek:

Dan Hudson
3rd-May-2006, 03:31 PM
What the black shirt or the other black shirt ? :sad:

Fletch can take me shopping in Rye , Only chance of her having a good Ryde all weekend :whistle:

so true :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

stewart38
3rd-May-2006, 04:01 PM
Aaaaargh!!! How will I get ready for going to London tomorrow? Panicpanicpanicpanic!:eek:

Ok i know you scots think London is England but it aint

Camber isnt part of London till after the local elections :sad:

ducasi
3rd-May-2006, 05:54 PM

No, it's Londoners who think that London is the whole world.

I think Little Monkey is going to Camber via London.

Minnie M
3rd-May-2006, 06:06 PM
Usual forum meeting place (and dumping bags etc place) downstairs between the stage and bar - meeting up each evening approx. 11pm :hug:

Is that OK with everyone :flower:

Mich Mosh
3rd-May-2006, 09:30 PM

Phew so glad for that!!! I have been reading for a week the thread "chatting after a dance" and got the feeling lots and lots of Londoners going and i imagined everyone dancing and not chatting / being friendly like us northerners!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Only 34 hrs before I leave the house for camber..........so excited I already packed yesterday!!!:waycool: Thanks for the advice on the weather must include my sunglasses!!!

My first weekender so I hope all you folks reading this thread will be kind thoughtful and friendly to a new camberite!

Mich Mosh
3rd-May-2006, 09:32 PM
Usual forum meeting place (and dumping bags etc place) downstairs between the stage and bar - meeting up each evening approx. 11pm :hug:

Is that OK with everyone :flower:
:cheers: COOL !

Tazmanian Devil
3rd-May-2006, 10:27 PM
Phew so glad for that!!! I have been reading for a week the thread "chatting after a dance" and got the feeling lots and lots of Londoners going and i imagined everyone dancing and not chatting / being friendly like us northerners!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Only 34 hrs before I leave the house for camber..........so excited I already packed yesterday!!!:waycool: Thanks for the advice on the weather must include my sunglasses!!!

My first weekender so I hope all you folks reading this thread will be kind thoughtful and friendly to a new camberite!

Of course we will :clap: :clap: Look forward to meeting you and having a dance or 2 :flower:

Bubbalou
4th-May-2006, 07:30 AM
So Excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look forward to seeing you all there!!

Woo hoooooo :clap: :clap:

Lou xx:kiss:

Missy D
4th-May-2006, 08:05 AM
One more sleep!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

stewart38
4th-May-2006, 09:11 AM
1 day!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mich Mosh
4th-May-2006, 09:25 AM
Sleep I doubt I'll sleep.....so excited!!!!!

bobgadjet
4th-May-2006, 10:16 AM
Sleep I doubt I'll sleep.....so excited!!!!!
you can sleep on the train..........as long as you get a waking call at Watford :rofl: :rofl:

under par
4th-May-2006, 11:53 AM

Is that OK with everyone :flower::yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

we will be there Minnie:yeah: :yeah: U.P. and Mrs Par:hug:

dee
4th-May-2006, 01:34 PM
One more sleep!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:yeah: :yeah:

I'm all packed, can't wait :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mich Mosh
4th-May-2006, 02:31 PM
in one minute it will be 17hrs before I leave the house and probably arriving about 1 full day from now!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :yeah: :cool:

See you all at the bar:cheers: ;)

Little Monkey
4th-May-2006, 02:42 PM
One hour and 24 minutes until I'm on the train to London.....:D

Aaargh, better finish packing!!!!!! :eek:

Mich Mosh
4th-May-2006, 02:46 PM
I shall wave as you go by :rofl: :rofl:

stewart38
4th-May-2006, 02:46 PM
in one minute it will be 17hrs before I leave the house and probably arriving about 1 full day from now!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :yeah: :cool:

See you all at the bar:cheers: ;)

For me

23hrs before I leave the house and probably arriving about 1 full day and 2 hrs 23 mins time

what hype ??

fletch
4th-May-2006, 04:08 PM
It has been touch and go for me.

Mom phoned this morning to say she was to ill to look after the children:tears:

But with a bit of jiggery pokery i'm still going:clap:

See you at the usual place usual time :cheers:

Taz & S38 i'll ring perhaps we can go together.:flower:

outfits ready and nails done :waycool: bring it on:clap:

:hug:

stewart38
4th-May-2006, 04:34 PM

You do know my CD player doesnt 'play' 'Motown' :sad:

Cruella
4th-May-2006, 04:37 PM
It has been touch and go for me.

Mom phoned this morning to say she was to ill to look after the children:tears:

But with a bit of jiggery pokery i'm still going:clap:

See you at the usual place usual time :cheers:

Did you pack your boxing gloves Fletch ? :innocent:

stewart38
4th-May-2006, 04:39 PM
For me

23hrs before I leave the house and probably arriving about 1 full day and 2 hrs 23 mins time

21hrs before I set off :yeah:

20.9hrs before I start to pack :yeah:

Mich Mosh
4th-May-2006, 08:35 PM

:confused: :sad: :confused: :sad: Oh XXXX fergot to redo the nails!!!

At least I havn't left essentials behind....like my dancing shoes!!!!::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

11 hrs till I leave:clap: :clap: :clap: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

fletch
4th-May-2006, 08:45 PM
You do know my CD player doesnt 'play' 'Motown' :sad:
Mine does:D

WittyBird
4th-May-2006, 08:46 PM
Mine does:D

give it a rest :D

fletch
4th-May-2006, 08:47 PM
Did you pack your boxing gloves Fletch ? :innocent:
No i'm a bare knuckle fighter:na:

:whistle: :wink:

:rofl:

fletch
4th-May-2006, 08:48 PM

Whats that mean :blush:

Minnie M
4th-May-2006, 09:00 PM
Just got this email from Franco

Dear All

If you are travelling to Camber on 5th May please note that we have received the following travel warning:

Major road surfacing in Rye, just started. An alternative route via Tenterden looks like the best bet.

Below is a weblink to the Highways Agency info.
http://www.eastsussex.gov.uk/roadsandtransport/roads/roadworks/downloadhighwaysagy.htm

We look forward to welcoming you at Camber for a fantastic weekend.

Franco

stewart38
5th-May-2006, 01:42 AM
Whats that mean :blush:

She isnt in on the action :rofl:

9hrs to go

fletch
5th-May-2006, 06:57 AM
She isnt in on the action :rofl:

9hrs to go
Hooooo got it now 4 f sake, I am blond:blush:

Im up, I couldn't sleep, i'm excited:clap: :clap:

The sun is shining and I have packed my bikini's :eek:

Cruella
5th-May-2006, 08:19 AM
It's not fair, i want to come :tears: Have a great time everyone, looks like the weather's going to be fab too. RobD will be there with the substitute laugh:rolleyes: In fact he's louder than me!!

stewart38
5th-May-2006, 09:38 AM
Hooooo got it now 4 f sake, I am blond:blush:

Im up, I couldn't sleep, i'm excited:clap: :clap:

The sun is shining and I have packed my bikini's :eek:

I wanted a big lie in, not to be. 3hrs to go :grin:

Blue skies

fletch
5th-May-2006, 09:49 AM
It's not fair, i want to come :tears: Have a great time everyone, looks like the weather's going to be fab too. RobD will be there with the substitute laugh:rolleyes: In fact he's louder than me!!
I will miss you:sad:

I I don't belive it, no can laugh louder than you, every one turned around on the stage, Saturday at the Champs:rofl:

Tazmanian Devil
5th-May-2006, 10:04 AM
:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:
I want you to come too :sad: :sad:

Do you wanna jump in my suitcase :respect:

:love: Will miss you, WB, Raph, Asif ............................ Blimey is there anyone actually going??? :confused:

Minnie M
5th-May-2006, 10:30 AM
:tears: It will definitely not be the same without you :tears: :tears:

BTW I am sharing with Shirley (our Southport chalet mate)

I am off now, will pop into Asdas for the kitchen shop on the way and should be there approx 1pm - I will be in the reception area selling the 'private bookings' so please come over and say hi :flower:

Tazmanian Devil
5th-May-2006, 11:00 AM
All packed and ready to go :clap: :clap: Just waiting for KGD and QGD to arrive and Thewacko and A Certain Lady to return from Morrisons :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yayayayayayayayayayayayay Can't wait :excited smiley:

Lory
5th-May-2006, 12:26 PM
:love: Will miss you, WB, Raph, Asif ............................ Blimey is there anyone actually going??? :confused:
I'm not going either..

Have fun everyone :hug: i'm sure you'll have a brilliant time, I hope the weather stays like this for you :waycool:

Ps.s I wonder who'll stay dancing the longest.. My bets are on Underpar or Taz. Are there any other contenders? :D

Cruella
5th-May-2006, 12:29 PM
I will miss you:sad:

I I don't belive it, no can laugh louder than you, every one turned around on the stage, Saturday at the Champs:rofl:
Bloody hell, i was in Rugby on saturday i must have been loud.:rolleyes:

Missy D
5th-May-2006, 12:33 PM
Bloody hell, i was in Rugby on saturday i must have been loud.:rolleyes:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dee
5th-May-2006, 01:54 PM

Gosh at this rate i won't be able to do my kiss dare :grin: