PDA

View Full Version : Post Lush Pre TJive Brunch..a social event?

under par
15th-November-2005, 12:35 PM
Okay I mentioned it on another thread but not sure how many saw it.

After FUNKY LUSH on Sat 26th Mrs Par and I are staying in London cos we are going to the TJive on Sunday 27th afternoon.

I know there will be others going to both events and I wondered if any like minded souls would like to meet up for a social breakfast/brunch somewhere near Kent House.

I do not know the area very well but am aware there are quite a few eating establishments in King Street.

I'm open to suggestions for location.
So any other Funky Lushers going to become Sunday Lunchers

I have had one show of interest by pm so post or pm please

Dizzy
15th-November-2005, 01:25 PM
Sounds like a fab idea. Count me in. :clap: :hug:

under par
15th-November-2005, 01:32 PM
Sounds like a fab idea. Count me in. :clap: :hug:

Thats good news Mrs Par and I won't have to eat alone. :eek:

Zebra Woman
15th-November-2005, 01:37 PM
Great idea Paul :clap: , Miss Conduct and I are interested but we haven't found any accomodation yet. Will keep you posted.

ZW

Paul F
15th-November-2005, 01:43 PM
Definately hope to join you :clap:

under par
15th-November-2005, 01:47 PM
Its looking good then.

Cruella
15th-November-2005, 01:48 PM
If i can get accommodation and out of the workshop i'm supposed to be demoing on sunday. I'll be there too.

Sparkles
15th-November-2005, 01:50 PM
I'll be there, and I'll drag KatieR along too :D

Paul F
15th-November-2005, 01:53 PM
Could we convince a local eatery to give us a discount if we book out their entire establishment :D

Mary
15th-November-2005, 02:22 PM
Can't make the brunch/lunch idea I don't think, but I have had a look in the Good Food Guide which I have just bought. If anyone is interested there is a place called Brackenbury, 129-131, Brackenbury Road, W6 0BQ, which appears to be open Sunday lunchtimes 1230 - 1530, and has room for private parties.

I have also heard of a place in Hammersmith Grove which does a good Sunday lunch and has big squishy sofas for chilling out in, but don't know what it is called, but could find out if anyone is interested.

Oh, and for anyone going to Funky-Lush and wants to eat beforehand there is a good curry place just round the corner (about 2 mins. walk) called The Mehfil which is also in the Good Food Guide, which I can vouch for. It is also a small hotel called Three Tuns Hotel, but I don't know what the rooms are like or how much, but the guide says it has a car park.

M

KatieR
15th-November-2005, 02:45 PM
I'll be there, and I'll drag KatieR along too :D

Looks like Im coming too :whistle:

Sparkles
15th-November-2005, 02:53 PM
Looks like Im coming too :whistle:
Oh, and by the way, I think we're being invaded :clap: :clap:

Dizzy
15th-November-2005, 02:57 PM

Oh, Do tell!!! :whistle:
Who???

Zebra Woman
15th-November-2005, 03:06 PM

Yes ...say your prayers, we're coming up your stairs! :eek:

Miss Conduct and I are really looking forward to the Funky Luscious Girly Sleepover. :clap: :cheers: :grin:

Thank you Sarah. :hug: xxx

That weekend is looking super good now. :clap: :clap: :clap:

ZW:flower:

KatieR
15th-November-2005, 03:42 PM

Miss Conduct and I are really looking forward to the Funky Luscious Girly Sleepover. :clap: :cheers: :grin:

Thank you Sarah. :hug: xxx

That weekend is looking super good now. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sounds like its going to be a weekend to remember :clap:

Sheepman
15th-November-2005, 04:26 PM
There's also a café called Tasty's in Fulham Palace Rd, about a mile and a half away. I think it used to be renowned as an all night eatery, I could check it out on my way home from WCS tomorrow...

Greg

Sparkles
15th-November-2005, 04:29 PM

... we don't have any stairs :what:

Zebra Woman
15th-November-2005, 04:59 PM
... we don't have any stairs :what:

No stairs?

Even better! :clap:

under par
17th-November-2005, 03:50 AM
So we have anything between 9 and 11 people interested which is fantastic.

We need to locate a venue!!

The time I believe should be 1130 o 1200 to allow time for digestion.

Any thoughts on the above?

under par
18th-November-2005, 01:02 PM
Okay I have a request for the London based forumites.

It looks like we have 10 - 15 people who are looking for a breakafast and lunch menu 1130 to 1200 on Sunday 27th somewhere within a mile or 2 of Kent House Hammersmith.

Reasonable decor and good service would be a great big bonus too.

Is there any forumite who can recommend a venue (Mary has already given me a couple from good food guide) that will suit our needs. I would appreciate a tel no of the venue.

If I don't get any good feedback then Mrs Par and I will travel up early and locate a venue on Sat 26th before Funky Lush and Text all those who may attend.

So those who are interested can you PM me your mobile tel nos please.

I really really looking forward to this weekend now ...:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

TiggsTours
18th-November-2005, 02:06 PM
Oh, and for anyone going to Funky-Lush and wants to eat beforehand there is a good curry place just round the corner (about 2 mins. walk) called The Mehfil which is also in the Good Food Guide, which I can vouch for. It is also a small hotel called Three Tuns Hotel, but I don't know what the rooms are like or how much, but the guide says it has a car park.

M

Encouraging people to eat a curry before they go dancing? You've just managed to put me off the idea of going dancing at Funky Lush, if I risk all my partners stinking of curry!

Mary
18th-November-2005, 02:40 PM
I once went for a Japanese meal before going dancing at Hipsters - big mistake - couldn't move for ages.

So I now stick to my regulation bowl of pasta.................with lashings of garlic:yum: :D :devil:

M

Rhythm King
21st-November-2005, 06:49 PM
Count me in please :waycool:

R-K

Cruella
21st-November-2005, 08:23 PM
Sorry Paul, take me off the list. I can't make it:tears:

Simon
23rd-November-2005, 02:25 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy tickets in advance for Funky Lush at the reduced rate? (Or even just to guarantee a place. :waycool: ) :confused: I'll be coming up from Bristol on Saturday so can't buy in person in advance.

I've emailed the funky lush address and had an automated response but nothing more. Can cheques be posted in advance?

Simon

ChrisA
23rd-November-2005, 02:31 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy tickets in advance for Funky Lush at the reduced rate? (Or even just to guarantee a place. :waycool: ) :confused: I'll be coming up from Bristol on Saturday so can't buy in person in advance.

I've emailed the funky lush address and had an automated response but nothing more. Can cheques be posted in advance?

Simon

It certainly is... they're actual tickets since they're trying to manage overall numbers and the boy/girl balance.

But as time's getting short I'd suggest you PM Toby or Claire and they'll tell you what to do.

Seeya :cheers:

Mary
23rd-November-2005, 02:41 PM

Simon

As ChrisA says, PM Toby and it won't be a problem. Fantastic to hear you're going - you HAVE to save me a dance.................or 2!:drool:

Who else are you dragg er enticing along from the western regions?

M

under par
24th-November-2005, 09:36 AM
Okay I have done some research on internet and seen what has been offered by others on here... nothing has really leapt off of the page yet...SO I think I will be paying a visit to Hammersmith area on Saturday for a PRE POST LUSH PRE TJIVE lunch...

I will announce to all on Saturday night the venue of choice.
Any stragglers can contact me 0780127 1966 on Sunday after 1000 hours( Let me sleep please!) to find out venue.

See you all Saturday:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Icey
24th-November-2005, 02:51 PM
Unfortunately I won't be brunching but I will be funky lushing ( sounds almost rude :eek: ) so Mr & Mrs UP I look forward to meeting you.

under par
24th-November-2005, 02:52 PM
Unfortunately I won't be brunching but I will be funky lushing ( sounds almost rude :eek: ) so Mr & Mrs UP I look forward to meeting you.
:yeah: :yeah: :clap: :clap:

Can't wait..:drool:

Will
25th-November-2005, 03:02 AM
Might have to attend this Breakfast myself.

KatieR
25th-November-2005, 11:56 AM
Might have to attend this Breakfast myself.

Go on... be a devil!

Almost an Angel
25th-November-2005, 01:32 PM

Simon

:yeah:
I'm sure you owe me some dances from missing me at Bristol.
I'll catch you then

Angel xx

under par
25th-November-2005, 01:57 PM
OKAY OKAY LISTEN IN

After much searching for a reasonable place with nice feel about it with a reasonable price for brunch I have located a nice looking little place.

http://rogeriosrestaurant.com/

I have spoken with them and they are open on Sunday.

They will reserve tables for us if we are all arriving at about the same time so we can sit together.

Menus are on the link and appear reasonably priced.

It's only a couple of miles from Hammersmith in Putney. The post code is SW151RX so you can look it up on multimap.

I intend booking tables for 1130 to 1145.

If you want a reserved seat at table with us at that time please let me know. Those that have already pm'd their mobile numbers I will be in contact. Please let me know if you are not now interested.

I have chosen 1130 to allow time to eat and chat and to travel back to Kent House in time for Tjive comfortably.

See you all very soon:cheers: :cheers:

Zebra Woman
25th-November-2005, 02:37 PM
Thank you so much for going to the trouble of finding us somewhere to eat Paul. Rogerios looks just the ticket too - well done.

:clap: :hug: :kiss: :clap:

Please reserve 4 seats for Sparkles, KatieR, Miss Conduct and me.

Non-smoking of course :whistle:

under par
25th-November-2005, 02:41 PM
Thank you so much for going to the trouble of finding us somewhere to eat Paul. Rogerios looks just the ticket too - well done.

Sorted :yeah:

Dizzy
25th-November-2005, 02:42 PM

:yeah: :flower:

Paul, you are a star!!!

I will be there too, looking forward to it!!! :worthy: :clap:

ducasi
25th-November-2005, 03:21 PM
I intend booking tables for 1130 to 1145 That's a lot of people you're expecting! :what:

under par
25th-November-2005, 03:25 PM
That's a lot of people you're expecting! :what:

I was counting on you coming too !

Bring a bus load we have lots of spaces.:whistle:

ducasi
25th-November-2005, 03:44 PM
Sorry, can't make it, I'll be in Arran this weekend. :nice:

So that's tables for only 1129 to 1144 then...

under par
25th-November-2005, 04:41 PM
I have four tables reserved now in the non-smoking area.

Eleven confirmed and two probables.:yeah:

It won't be too difficult to reserve other tables so long as its not done too late.

under par
28th-November-2005, 09:17 AM
Thanks to all 14 who attended it was lovely to spend a lunch time laughing so much.:D

MissConduct you are so naughty but that goes without saying when you and ZW get together.

It was a lovely half pint glass though wasn't it!:whistle: :rofl: :rofl:

Dizzy
28th-November-2005, 10:46 AM
What a fabulous meal - Underpar, you are a legend :worthy:

After having such a wonderful time at Funky Lush and only having a minimal amount of sleep :sick: , Paul had picked a 'posh cafe' to go to - it was lovely food (had the full fry-up :yum: ) with lovely people and sitting next to ZW and Miss Conduct certainly was an experience :whistle: .

Thanks a lot to everyone, especially UP (and Mrs UP) !! :clap: :flower:

Zebra Woman
28th-November-2005, 10:26 PM
Thanks to all 14 who attended it was lovely to spend a lunch time laughing so much.:D

MissConduct you are so naughty but that goes without saying when you and ZW get together.

It was a lovely half pint glass though wasn't it!:whistle: :rofl: :rofl:
What a laugh that was...thanks for organising it UP. I think we'll be back there - if they'll have us.

Er yes... it was a very attractive glass wasn't it?

Miss Conduct did leave it on the table, didn't she??

Hey UP! I think you should search her.

:rofl:

ZW:devil:

Gus
29th-November-2005, 02:08 PM
Er yes... it was a very attractive glass wasn't it?:Hmmmmm .... and where is your phone kept these days?:rolleyes: {never before seen a girl with such a happy expression when her phone rang}

under par
29th-November-2005, 02:26 PM
What a laugh that was...thanks for organising it UP. I think we'll be back there - if they'll have us.

Er yes... it was a very attractive glass wasn't it?

Miss Conduct did leave it on the table, didn't she??

Hey UP! I think you should search her.

:rofl:

ZW:devil:

I had a thought ..................................if I did decide to search Miss Conduct for that beautifully shaped transparent object in the area she was threatening to hide it :eek:

How would I be able to see it:confused: ................ i mean it is transparent:whistle: :whistle: