PDA

View Full Version : Friday 18th November (London area)

David Bailey
15th-November-2005, 11:04 AM
OK, you know the drill by now...

I'll kick off - I'll be at Cheshunt, which I believe is now going to be open until 12.45am, and also has a lovely (I hope :innocent: ) salsa class to start off with

Next?

LMC
15th-November-2005, 11:10 AM
Cheshunt

Probably

Paul F
15th-November-2005, 11:15 AM
Just been reading the email from Ceroc Metro. Sounds like Cheshunt will be a good night. I didnt realise there was a 1 hour chillout towards the end.
Looking forward to it :D

Lynn
15th-November-2005, 11:41 AM
How far is that from central London? A friend from NI will be in London that weekend and is wanting to dance somewhere.

LMC
15th-November-2005, 12:01 PM
IIRC, it's not far from Cheshunt station to the venue. Trains go out of Liverpool Street - http://www.onerailway.com/

If she decides to go, tell her to get the DJ (Robin) to point me out, I'll happily drop her back at the station :)

David Bailey
15th-November-2005, 12:28 PM
IIRC, it's not far from Cheshunt station to the venue. Trains go out of Liverpool Street - http://www.onerailway.com/
It's about a 10-minute walk, straight up the road, and the venue's on the left (I used to live in Cheshunt).

If she decides to go, tell her to get the DJ (Robin) to point me out, I'll happily drop her back at the station :)
I can drop her back in North London (Finchley or surrounds) if that's better, but I dunno if that's of use - it depends where she's staying, and I'll probably be staying till the end of the evening. Can anyone beat North London? :nice:

Paul F
15th-November-2005, 12:31 PM
Can anyone beat North London? :nice:

I can do West London.

I live in Woking so can come back through West London rather than the M25 if thats any use.

Lynn
15th-November-2005, 12:34 PM
I'll try and find out where she is staying on Fri night - or even persuade her to actually post something herself (she is on the forum, but hasn't posted anything).

Wish I could go dancing this weekend. *sigh*

Esp now I have several things that I am aware I need to correct in my dancing!

dee
15th-November-2005, 06:06 PM
I can drop her back in North London (Finchley or surrounds) if that's better, but I dunno if that's of use - it depends where she's staying, and I'll probably be staying till the end of the evening. Can anyone beat North London? :nice:

How about you go via Aylesbury? i know a short cut :whistle:

Dance Demon
15th-November-2005, 06:45 PM
Why just London Area...........
All welcome along to Route 66 in Edinburgh on Friday night......as well as a great nights dancing, you can witness CJ getting his waxing done:eek: :rofl: ..all in the name of charidee...:clap:

WittyBird
15th-November-2005, 07:28 PM
Cheshunt

Probably

:yeah:

Kev F
15th-November-2005, 08:04 PM
OK, you know the drill by now...

I'll kick off - I'll be at Cheshunt, which I believe is now going to be open until 12.45am, and also has a lovely (I hope :innocent: ) salsa class to start off with

Next?

Me too. Chesunt has a new dimension now that it's open later :clap:
Great music, floor and atmosphere too. (Well it was last time :whistle: )

I'll try and encourage our Forum Queen out too if Holly is on the mend.:flower:

Lynn
15th-November-2005, 08:07 PM
I'll try and find out where she is staying on Fri nightShe's sorted, going dancing and meeting up with friends in Kent.

WittyBird
15th-November-2005, 08:09 PM
Me too. Chesunt has a new dimension now that it's open later :clap:

Lets hope there is lots of men to dance with cos if you take 'hes' out of the venue as Kev spelt it then that's the sort of night I will have :rofl:
Sorry couldnt resist. :blush:

Kev F
15th-November-2005, 08:43 PM
Lets hope there is lots of men to dance with cos if you take 'hes' out of the venue as Kev spelt it then that's the sort of night I will have :rofl:
Sorry couldnt resist. :blush:

Maybe the 'he's' like it in the new spelling anyway :rofl:

It will certainly encourage the men to 'come' :whistle:

WittyBird
15th-November-2005, 08:45 PM
Maybe the 'he's' like it in the new spelling anyway :rofl:

It will certainly encourage the men to 'come' :whistle:

can't type too busy ROFLMAO :rofl:

Respect Kev :worthy:
Didnt think you had it in you :rofl:

dee
15th-November-2005, 09:37 PM
Witty whats with your new location name? me lower the tone? never :innocent:

WittyBird
15th-November-2005, 09:38 PM
Witty whats with your new location name? me lower the tone? never :innocent:

cos it made me laugh:rolleyes:

Robin
16th-November-2005, 01:15 PM
Just been reading the email from Ceroc Metro. Sounds like Cheshunt will be a good night. I didnt realise there was a 1 hour chillout towards the end.
Looking forward to it :D

We always try and smooth things down for a chill session at the end of an evening - done in our own style of course !

For the Ultimate Chillout though - ICE @ All Saints - 1st January 2006 (@ Finchley / Whestone venue)

Paul F
16th-November-2005, 01:51 PM
We always try and smooth things down for a chill session at the end of an evening - done in our own style of course !

Makes a lot of sense. I am really looking forward to Friday now. I liked Cheshunt as a venue when I went last (although that was about 3 years ago!).
Is there still a DWAS comp? I wouldnt mind having a go :)

David Bailey
16th-November-2005, 03:21 PM
Makes a lot of sense. I am really looking forward to Friday now. I liked Cheshunt as a venue when I went last (although that was about 3 years ago!).
Is there still a DWAS comp? I wouldnt mind having a go :)
DWAS is on the first Friday I think, and the Super Salsa lesson is on the third Friday.

Oh - did I mention the salsa lesson?

dee
16th-November-2005, 03:23 PM
DWAS is on the first Friday I think, and the Super Salsa lesson is on the third Friday.

Oh - did I mention the salsa lesson?

All sounds really good, one Q DJ is there going to be a salsa class??

LMC
16th-November-2005, 03:24 PM
Oh, is there a salsa class? Who's doing that then?

EDIT: :worthy: dee

David Bailey
16th-November-2005, 03:35 PM
Good question; I think there may be one...

Rachel
16th-November-2005, 03:40 PM
Seeing as this thread is titled Fri 18th (London), I thought it might be appropriate to post this link here:

http://www.negrachatangoclub.com

Have any of you tango'eros seen this - tango party on til 2am? The teachers, Ivan and Natalia, taught a couple of workshops on the JiveAddiction Spain holiday. And they seemed pretty impressive to me, although I admit to having no tango knowledge whatsoever.

They'll also be teaching at the Scarborough weekend in Feb. Great people!

I'd be tempted to go there on Fri, but it's probably a bit much for someone who's never had a formal tango class, and has a heavy weekend ahead....

We'll probably end up at Cheshunt, too, and will see many of you there.

Rachel x

Paul F
16th-November-2005, 03:43 PM
I dont understand the appeal of a once a month salsa class at a venue that wont play any real salsa music :confused: :confused:

LMC
16th-November-2005, 03:50 PM
It's hilarious to watch all the MJ-ers trying to do f**twork

:devil:

Robin does play quite a lot of latin, which is nice. I'm still very much a beginner at salsa but if you can put up with that then please ask me for a salsa track :flower:

David Bailey
16th-November-2005, 03:52 PM
I dont understand the appeal of a once a month salsa class at a venue that wont play any real salsa music :confused: :confused:
It's something different, basically - gives people a taster of a different style, adds a bit more pizzazz. And there are regular mini-classes at Finchley every week as well.

Anyway, didn't you know that "Ceroc is a fusion of salsa and jive"? It's on the ceroc.com front page, so it must be true. :innocent: So it's just avoiding teaching the jive bit for a month... :whistle:

Paul F
16th-November-2005, 04:06 PM
It's something different, basically - gives people a taster of a different style, adds a bit more pizzazz.

So why just salsa?

Why not next month do a Cha-Cha class and then maybe a Waltz the month after. We used to do this back in Manchester and they went down a storm. Why just salsa?

Zebra Woman
16th-November-2005, 04:14 PM
So why just salsa?

Why not next month do a Cha-Cha class and then maybe a Waltz the month after. We used to do this back in Manchester and they went down a storm. Why just salsa?

Agree Cha-Cha would be much more useable than salsa.

In 8 years of Ceroc no DJ has ever played a salsa track so I have never ever had a salsa dance, unless you count mega-slow extremely-hard-to-do salsa dance to a ceroc track. And anyway, that would be far more comfortable coverted into the kind of fake Cha-Cha that I am prone to doing.

IMO Cha-Cha classes would be very useful, I certainly have a lot to learn.

LMC
16th-November-2005, 04:17 PM
I agree with ZW, cha-cha lessons would be great - it seems to me that far more MJ tracks are cha-cha-able than salsa-able (don't care that neither of those are real words)

Gordon (? - think it was Gordon) did a cha cha lesson @Chesham a few weeks back - which I confess I bailed on because there were 15 extra women and I wanted to gossip with Icey. But it seemed to go down well - a couple of guys led it in freestyle (and I managed to follow most of it!)

David Bailey
16th-November-2005, 04:25 PM
So why just salsa?

It's a good question - in fact, Finchley did use to do mini-classes in cha-cha and samba I believe, so there's no reason why not.

But basically, salsa is easier to learn than the ballroom dances - and until recently, these were covered in more detail by nosequins anyway. Does anyone know if nosequins is returning? I'd love to give it a go this time around if it is...

Minnie M
16th-November-2005, 04:37 PM
Why just London Area...........
All welcome along to Route 66 in Edinburgh on Friday night......as well as a great nights dancing, you can witness CJ getting his waxing done:eek: :rofl: ..all in the name of charidee...:clap:
:tears: :tears: :tears:

El Salsero Gringo
16th-November-2005, 04:41 PM
But basically, salsa is easier to learn than the ballroom dances You reckon?

David Bailey
16th-November-2005, 05:16 PM
You reckon?
So I'm informed by People Who Know - I refer the honorable deserting demo to the "dance difficulty (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6703)" thread.

If nothing else, salsa's only 1 dance, compared to the 10 ballroom / latin ones. And - again from that thread - it's not seen as the Done Thing to only teach one of the 10...

So, yep, I reckon.

You deserter.

Missy D
16th-November-2005, 05:29 PM

Is it Viktor or Lydia teaching if so i will be there:worthy:

David Bailey
16th-November-2005, 05:41 PM
Errr, possibly not... :blush:

dee
16th-November-2005, 05:47 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: dream on baby :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

stewart38
16th-November-2005, 05:53 PM

For the Ultimate Chillout though - ICE @ All Saints - 1st January 2006 (@ Finchley / Whestone venue)

whats that got to do with November 18th ?

ps its my birthday in february

cheshnuts probably (this fence is swaying)

David Bailey
16th-November-2005, 05:57 PM
whats that got to do with November 18th ?
Nuffink - it's a blatant ad. Gotta give him points for sheer blatancy though :whistle:

stewart38
16th-November-2005, 06:00 PM
Nuffink - it's a blatant ad. Gotta give him points for sheer blatancy though :whistle:

ok rep on the way :what:

ducasi
16th-November-2005, 06:55 PM
Anyway, didn't you know that "Ceroc is a fusion of salsa and jive"? It's on the ceroc.com front page, so it must be true. :innocent: So it's just avoiding teaching the jive bit for a month... :whistle: A guy at my Salsa class who's done three years of "2-step" jive, on seeing Ceroc...

It's like a mix of Salsa and jive. Is he really so wrong?

Missy D
16th-November-2005, 07:43 PM
Errr, possibly not... :blush:

Is it Mick Wenger then?:drool:

David Bailey
16th-November-2005, 08:25 PM
Is he really so wrong?
Err, yes?

Is it Mick Wenger then?:drool:
Errr, no?... :blush:

(anyone else getting Hong Kong Phooey deja vu? Oh, just me then...)

Missy D
16th-November-2005, 09:04 PM
Err, yes?

Errr, no?... :blush:

(anyone else getting Hong Kong Phooey deja vu? Oh, just me then...)

Ok then is it the gorgeous Adam who teaches in Croydon:drool:

David Bailey
16th-November-2005, 09:09 PM
Ok then is it the gorgeous Adam who teaches in Croydon:drool:
Blimey, I bet you think you're funny, don't you :rolleyes:

Missy D
16th-November-2005, 09:16 PM

Not really just hoping that it will be worth my while turning up. Ok David any idea who is actually teaching this salsa class.

dee
16th-November-2005, 09:39 PM
Not really just hoping that it will be worth my while turning up. Ok David any idea who is actually teaching this salsa class.

Just had a look at the web site, it says The Sizzling Carol but don't mention the male teacher maybe it's the lovely SF :drool: will be well worth my while to

David Bailey
16th-November-2005, 09:43 PM
Just had a look at the web site, it says The Sizzling Carol but don't mention the male teacher maybe it's the lovely SF :drool: will be well worth my while to
Yeah, could be :rolleyes:

The Funny Sisters, I'll call you.

WittyBird
16th-November-2005, 09:44 PM

She is :rofl:
I got told the original bloke teachery type guy had decided not to bother and they had asked S38 to do it :rolleyes:

:rofl: can u imagine :worthy:

Cruella
16th-November-2005, 09:54 PM
No he's going to be with Spice 'n' easy watching CJ get stripped.:eek: (of bodily hair)

David Bailey
16th-November-2005, 09:56 PM
She is :rofl:
I got told the original bloke teachery type guy had decided not to bother and they had asked S38 to do it :rolleyes:

:rofl: can u imagine :worthy:
See, this was originally going to be a serious thread to see what people were actually doing that night.

Now it's degenerated... I dunno, if it weren't for my wit it'd be at the level of a Looking-for-Msfab / wasn't-JJJ-wonderful type of thread.

WittyBird
16th-November-2005, 10:00 PM
See, this was originally going to be a serious thread to see what people were actually doing that night.

Now it's degenerated... I dunno, if it weren't for my wit it'd be at the level of a Looking-for-Msfab / wasn't-JJJ-wonderful type of thread.

:rofl: WIT ? :what:

Where are the lovely sisters when you need them? :worthy:

Missy D
16th-November-2005, 10:18 PM

Really is it Carol then she is brilliant! :worthy: I saw her compete with Viktor in the Jivemasters competition. Well count me in then. Who is she teaching with? Anyone know?

Missy D
16th-November-2005, 10:19 PM
:rofl: WIT ? :what:

Where are the lovely sisters when you need them? :worthy:

We are always here sweetie!:hug:

WittyBird
16th-November-2005, 10:29 PM
We are always here sweetie!:hug:

:rofl: Love your location :cheers:
BTW have we found out who is doing this Salsa class yet? :blush:

David Bailey
16th-November-2005, 10:34 PM
{ subtle humour }
I've got a negative rep button, and I'm not afraid to use it.

OK, that's a lie, I am afraid to use it... But I've got it.

dee
16th-November-2005, 10:35 PM
:rofl: Love your location :cheers:
BTW have we found out who is doing this Salsa class yet? :blush:

I hear it's Carol Haines but not sure who the guy is? she is great and it will be worth the trip as ive not seen her dancing for a while.

David Bailey
16th-November-2005, 10:41 PM
I hear it's Carol Haines but not sure who the guy is? she is great and it will be worth the trip as ive not seen her dancing for a while.
Blimey, they'll let anyone in the Forum now, won't they...

Missy D
16th-November-2005, 10:55 PM
I've got a negative rep button, and I'm not afraid to use it.

OK, that's a lie, I am afraid to use it... But I've got it.

Have you now? Is it instead of a sports car:whistle:

dee
16th-November-2005, 10:58 PM
Blimey, they'll let anyone in the Forum now, won't they...

Sorry :confused: so who is teaching then??

Missy D
16th-November-2005, 11:00 PM
Sorry :confused: so who is teaching then??

Is it Rum?:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

David Bailey
16th-November-2005, 11:08 PM
Did I mention the Blonde Door Charge?

Missy D
16th-November-2005, 11:10 PM

Guess its free for you and me then:whistle:

WittyBird
16th-November-2005, 11:13 PM
:yeah: hehe oh how I love not being blonde anymore :cheers:

David Bailey
16th-November-2005, 11:13 PM
I think you qualify as an honorary member.

Missy D
16th-November-2005, 11:17 PM

Can you imagine Me Dee and Witty arriving on horseback with charges in hand:rofl:

WittyBird
16th-November-2005, 11:19 PM
Can you imagine Me Dee and Witty arriving on horseback with charges in hand:rofl:

cant type too busy :rofl: you are just an honourary witty :whistle:

David Bailey
16th-November-2005, 11:25 PM
Make sure they don't go off in your hand.

WittyBird
16th-November-2005, 11:29 PM

not women that tend to do that tho is it :whistle:
more self control needed :innocent:

Missy D
16th-November-2005, 11:29 PM

You should know we like a big bang from time to time:innocent:

dee
16th-November-2005, 11:38 PM
Cut the poo who is teaching?

Robin
17th-November-2005, 02:33 AM

I thought I managed to blend that in quite well with the "I didn't know it was a last hour chill" etc .. says he smugly ... but thank you for your continued support - cheque's in the post.;)

btw who *is* teaching on Friday ? I thought it was
[end of line]

Missy D
17th-November-2005, 08:40 AM
After a good nights sleep and putting on the computer i am still none the wiser on who is teaching this bloody salsa class. So far we have:-

Sizzling Carol
Carol Haines
Stewart 38
and Rum.

Is it one of the above? I have only heard of Carol Haines and Stewart 38. I need to know! Or is it a trip to Ikea friday night? Anyone want to join me?

We know its not:-

Viktor
Lydia
Mick Wegner
Adam from Croydon

:tears:

And I understand there might be a possibility of the odd cheesecake present if Witty is going in her sexy Britney outfit.:rofl:

David Bailey
17th-November-2005, 08:46 AM
{ snip stuff }
Good grief - It's Carol, from Finchley, happy? Blimey...

(Still, I shouldn't be too hard on you - and yes, I can see the innuendo from that one - as I still don't get this cheesecake thing)

WittyBird
17th-November-2005, 08:53 AM
After a good nights sleep and putting on the computer i am still none the wiser on who is teaching this bloody salsa class. So far we have:-

Sizzling Carol
Carol Haines
Stewart 38
and Rum.

Is it one of the above? I have only heard of Carol Haines and Stewart 38. I need to know! Or is it a trip to Ikea friday night? Anyone want to join me?

We know its not:-

Viktor
Lydia
Mick Wegner
Adam from Croydon

And I understand there might be a possibility of the odd cheesecake present if Witty is going in her sexy Britney outfit.:rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: Oh I so wish I wasnt about to leave to go to work :worthy:
Hopefully by the time I get there the whole who is teaching salsa will be explained! :rofl:

dee
17th-November-2005, 09:11 AM
Good grief - It's Carol, from Finchley, happy? Blimey...

(Still, I shouldn't be too hard on you - and yes, I can see the innuendo from that one - as I still don't get this cheesecake thing)

And the man ??

Missy D
17th-November-2005, 09:12 AM
Is it Viktor:worthy:

LMC
17th-November-2005, 09:46 AM
I hear that Carol's demo is an absolute sex god

Still dunno who it might be though, and I'm frequently disappointed with rumours I hear

*snigger*

under par
17th-November-2005, 09:48 AM

Still dunno who it might be though, and I'm frequently disappointed with rumours I hear

*snigger*

Its not me then!:whistle:

(says Under Par looking for ego to be massaged:wink: )

WittyBird
17th-November-2005, 09:57 AM

*snigger*

Stop it your killing me :rofl:
*must get some work done*

David Bailey
17th-November-2005, 10:02 AM

I heard that too. :innocent:

Missy D
17th-November-2005, 10:11 AM

*snigger*

Is it The Tramp? I heard he is in the neighbourhood:drool: Or has Killingtime come down from Scotland too?

TheTramp
17th-November-2005, 10:15 AM
Its not me then!:whistle:

(says Under Par looking for ego to be massaged:wink: )

Oh Paul. Of course you're a sex god :worthy: :worthy: :drool: :drool: :worthy: :worthy: :drool: :drool:

(Did I get the right number of smileys there? Can someone more knowledgeable about this sort of thing please help?)

TheTramp
17th-November-2005, 10:16 AM
Is it The Tramp? I heard he is in the neighbourhood:drool:
Not me. I'm back in sunny Scotland now.

(Though, I doubt that anyone in their right minds would have me in the sex god category!)

(Not that I'm saying that you're not in your right mind Missy D)

under par
17th-November-2005, 10:19 AM
Oh Paul. Of course you're a sex god :worthy: :worthy: :drool: :drool: :worthy: :worthy: :drool: :drool:

(Did I get the right number of smileys there? Can someone more knowledgeable about this sort of thing please help?)

Steve you could have been a lot more gushingly luvvie.:mad:

You have been away a while so I'll forgive you:kiss: :kiss:

LMC
17th-November-2005, 10:20 AM
Yes under par, you are a sex god, happy now? That was a suitable number of :drool: and :worthy: Trampy, but you ommitted to put in a few :hug: :kiss:

Or maybe you're secretly flying down on Friday and saving them for Carol's demo?

I'm dying here... :rofl: someone put the sisters out of their misery, I'm far too horrible

WittyBird
17th-November-2005, 10:21 AM
Yes under par, you are a sex god, happy now? That was a suitable number of :drool: and :worthy: Trampy, but you ommitted to put in a few :hug: :kiss:

Or maybe you're secretly flying down on Friday and saving them for Carol's demo?

I'm dying here... :rofl: someone put the sisters out of their misery, I'm far too horrible

Me thinks the terrible sisters know but are extracting the urine :whistle:

under par
17th-November-2005, 10:23 AM

Thankyou LMC :kiss: :kiss: :hug: :hug: :kiss: :kiss:

The EGO is slowly inflating but I think I need more....NO! ......I WANT more:flower: :whistle:

El Salsero Gringo
17th-November-2005, 10:24 AM
I hear that Carol's demo is an absolute sex godUsed to be :whistle:

Missy D
17th-November-2005, 10:28 AM
Used to be :whistle:

Why not anymore?

Ok anyone want any tea lights:rofl:

stewart38
17th-November-2005, 10:30 AM

Sizzling Carol
Carol Haines
Stewart 38
and Rum.

Ive declined to teach as my tin foil hat would have been too near the 'radio waves' put in them there speakers. I might be giving out copies of the Daily mail in stead :yeah:

TheTramp
Steve you could have been a lot more gushingly luvvie.:mad:

Oh Paul, there's no question that you're a sex god. You just ooze sex. Like. An oozing thing. :drool: :hug: :worthy: :kiss: :drool: :hug: :worthy: :kiss: :drool: :worthy: :hug: :kiss:

And you're a dance god too. More godlike than. A godlike thing :hug: :kiss: :worthy: :drool: :kiss: :worthy: :hug: :drool: :kiss: :hug: :worthy: :drool:

(Better?)

David Bailey
Used to be :whistle:
What, the demo used to be a sex god? Well, age catches up with you in the end I guess...

David Bailey
17th-November-2005, 10:33 AM
I might be giving out copies of the Daily mail in stead :yeah:
My local gym does that (Mail on Sunday, whatever, it's all the same) - maybe they too are under the Sinister Thumb of the, errr, whoever they are.

Should I wear a tinfoil hat at the gym now then? :eek:

LMC
17th-November-2005, 10:35 AM
Damn you DavidJames

:flower: for UP as well then, forgot that sorry. I'll scratch your eyes out Trampy... oh, and he doesn't ooze, he schmooooooozes :drool:

TheTramp
17th-November-2005, 10:38 AM
oh, and he doesn't ooze

Ah. You mean that he has been using the ointment then!! :whistle:

under par
17th-November-2005, 10:49 AM
Oh Paul, there's no question that you're a sex god. You just ooze sex. Like. An oozing thing. :drool: :hug: :worthy: :kiss: :drool: :hug: :worthy: :kiss: :drool: :worthy: :hug: :kiss:

And you're a dance god too. More godlike than. A godlike thing :hug: :kiss: :worthy: :drool: :kiss: :worthy: :hug: :drool: :kiss: :hug: :worthy: :drool:

(Better?)

Now thats what I call gushing.....keep it up Steve...you hunk:drool: :hug: :kiss:

dee
17th-November-2005, 01:16 PM

(Better?)

I couldn't of said better myself :worthy: :worthy: you are lovely Mr Par :flower:

So if it's a sex god and it's not the GEORGOUS :drool: Mr Par or the sexy Stewart38, or Trampy, Viktor or the steamingly hot Silverfox then who is there left??? :confused:

WittyBird
17th-November-2005, 01:18 PM
I couldn't of said better myself :worthy: :worthy: you are lovely Mr Par :flower:

So if it's a sex god and it's not the GEORGOUS :drool: Mr Par or the sexy Stewart38, or Trampy, Viktor or the steamingly hot Silverfox then who is there left??? :confused:

Maybe its not a male ??? :whistle: :grin:

dee
17th-November-2005, 01:25 PM
Maybe its not a male ??? :whistle: :grin:

So what you saying a sex god is a woman?? :rofl:

WittyBird
17th-November-2005, 01:26 PM
So what you saying a sex god is a woman?? :rofl:

Whatever... someone maybe forgot to put the dess on it ?
maybe huh oh well :what:

Tessalicious
17th-November-2005, 01:30 PM
Poor DJ, I don't think the girls are quite catching the bait on this one. :hug:

If you really want to know who the sex-god salsa demo at Cheshunt is going to be, then I'll tell you. It isn't that hard to work it out. On the other hand, if you're all enjoying messing with DJ's head and pretending you don't know, then I'll leave you to it.

Back to the subject of the thread, I will probably be at Cheshunt too, after having felt guilty for about 10 minutes for not going to a Kiwi friend's 'returning down under' party - but seriously, the idea of going to get drunk with a load of silly boys simply can't compete with the promise of dancing with you lot to a Robin & Tez set.

David Bailey
17th-November-2005, 01:41 PM
the idea of going to get drunk with a load of silly boys simply can't compete with the promise of dancing with you lot to a Robin & Tez set.
Can I go to the party then, and you do the demo? :innocent:

dee
17th-November-2005, 01:43 PM
Can I go to the party then, and you do the demo? :innocent:

Why did you not just say it was you and Carol :confused:

Still laughing about the sex god :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry DJ :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :flower:

WittyBird
17th-November-2005, 01:46 PM

Still laughing about the sex god :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry DJ :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :flower:

Like you didn't know :whistle: :rofl:

LMC
17th-November-2005, 01:46 PM
Aw, Tessa, you spoiled it :tears:

David Bailey
17th-November-2005, 01:47 PM
See, the thing is, I can't tell when some people are:
- displaying brilliant wit by pretending to be dumb
- being dumb but pretending to be brilliantly witty
- being blonde
- messing with my head

Or is that just me?

WittyBird
17th-November-2005, 01:49 PM
- being blonde
- messing with my head

Or is that just me?

LMC
17th-November-2005, 01:53 PM
bitchslap?
:rofl: - looking back up the thread, that'll teach you to be clever

I guess I was being blonde by assuming that other people were being blonde... :blush:

dee
17th-November-2005, 02:00 PM
- being blonde
- messing with my head

Or is that just me?

To begin with David i really didn't know who was teaching as i never knew you taught salsa, until some lovely person told me :hug:

Guess as it was all getting really funny i thought i would go along with it all and order another asthma inhailer :rofl: :rofl:

If it wasn't for the lovely Tess who knows where it would of all led.

Anyone for homemade cheesecake?? :drool:

So who's not going now :rofl: :rofl:

senorita
17th-November-2005, 02:03 PM
Dont really have time to read all pages.....but :nice:
apart from certain individuals knowing who is blonde or not....:D
did a conclusion eventually occur on what is on?? and where?? and whom is going?? :rofl:

LMC
17th-November-2005, 02:08 PM
Back on topic
Burn her!

(just kidding :hug: )

List so far seems to read:

The demo, if he's stopped sulking
Robin (DJ-ing)
Me
The three witches
Paul F
Kev F
Rachel & Marc
Tessalicious - which means there's a chance that ESG will be there too :whistle:

apologies to anyone I've missed in amongst all the drivel (some of which was mine...)

David Bailey
17th-November-2005, 02:12 PM
OK, for the benefit of the 2 people who are still following this surreally-distracted thread, I'll post the actual details of the event.

As penance for helping the distraction, I'll even avoid correcting the grammar and removing the multiple exclamation marks - but everyone else, feel free to extract the urine anyway :rolleyes:

-----------------------
Try the first MeltDown this Friday 18th November. 8.30-12.45am
First it was the JiveIN, that was fantastic but it ran its course, then there was the Monster Jive Party, that was awesome with a new format for the evening but now Fridays have gone Mega and we needed a new name to compliment the change.

We have addressed a couple of issues in one go. Firstly people have always turned up late at Cheshunt, so we are starting later giving you time to get home change and eat, then once there, nobody wanted to leave so we are now ending later. The deal is the doors will be locked at 1am.
we can leave anytime up to then as long as everyone is out by 1am. We are going to try 12.45 it seems reasonable if everyone is really fast we could even squeeze a few more minutes.

Friday nights at Cheshunt have been incredibly popular over the past few months. With numbers hovering around the 200 mark it is a wicked night.
The floor has been enlarged considerably, the parking is free, there is Tea/coffee and cakes thrown in and there is a full bar. The bar closes relatively early, (this will change soon) but in the meantime you are welcome to bring your own drinks along provided they are only opened once the bar is closed. The bar does provide free water after they close though.

As for everything else we are keeping the Dance with a stranger competition, that is extremely popular every first Friday of the month and the Salsa class taught by the sizzling Carol every third Friday of the month. The Salsa class will start at 8.30 sharp for 30 minutes.

It needed a new name so we have come up "Friday Night Meltdown". Hot tunes pumping through the evening and then for the last hour mellow tracks that Tez & Robin have become so well known for. DJ's for the original CHillOUT last JAN 1st, Robin and Tez are current no. DJ's. A venue is only as good as its DJ no wonder Friday nights ROCK!!!
------------------------

(OK, I put something in bold, sue me)

I'm now going to go away and whimper in the corner for a few minutes...

senorita
17th-November-2005, 02:15 PM
Burn her!

(just kidding :hug: )

Robin (DJ-ing)
Me
The three witches
Paul F
Kev F
Rachel & Marc
Tessalicious - which means there's a chance that ESG will be there too :whistle:

apologies to anyone I've missed in amongst all the drivel (some of which was mine...)

I really cant think of whom you mean....by the name of the sulking demo :D :whistle:
Do you mean the one and only vic meldrew?? :whistle: :rofl:

And who the hec is the 3 witches...?? :rofl:

senorita
17th-November-2005, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=LMC]Burn her!

I dont have red hair! :yum: I was wondering why I have pins and needles these days....you guys must have a vodoo doll of me.

Anyway...how can I get advanced tickets?? do I PM robin or vic meldrew??;)

LMC
17th-November-2005, 02:33 PM
... everyone else, feel free to extract the urine anyway :rolleyes:
Gosh, I feel so much better now I have permission

Senorita - no need for advance tickets for this Friday, just turn up and buy on the door :)

12.45 am finish - yee-ay :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

senorita
17th-November-2005, 02:35 PM
[QUOTE=LMC]
Senorita - no need for advance tickets for this Friday, just turn up and buy on the door :)

oh thought I needed too? my email said £10 advanced, £15 on door...
rather get it for £10:blush:

LMC
17th-November-2005, 02:39 PM
Nah, the £10 in advance £15 on the door is for Ice on New Year's Day - this is just a regular 8 quid freestyle :)

senorita
17th-November-2005, 02:43 PM
Nah, the £10 in advance £15 on the door is for Ice on New Year's Day - this is just a regular 8 quid freestyle :)

oh sorry :blush: thats what happens when your in a major rush trying to do everything on my lunch hour...it not cause I'm blonde honest! :nice:

dee
17th-November-2005, 02:48 PM

Is it cheaper cos DJ is teaching :rofl: :rofl:

LMC i love the expression "burn her" :rofl:

Rebecca
17th-November-2005, 02:52 PM

Robin (DJ-ing)
Me
The three witches
Paul F
Kev F
Rachel & Marc

Last I heard I'm due to be coming down to Cheshunt in the company of a lovely striped equus. Looking forward to it :cheers:

dee
17th-November-2005, 02:54 PM
Salsa class taught by the sizzling Carol and the sex god David James The Salsa class will start at 8.30 sharp for 30 minutes.

:yeah: now everyone can see who is teaching no confusion :hug:

senorita
17th-November-2005, 02:54 PM
LMC i love the expression "burn her" :rofl:

:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:
:D

Zebra Woman
17th-November-2005, 05:20 PM
Last I heard I'm due to be coming down to Cheshunt in the company of a lovely striped equus. Looking forward to it :cheers:

Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing you too Rebecca. Room in the car for 3 more, first come first served folks.

There will be a great soundtrack too, well I'm going to like it :devil: .

ZW

Kev F
17th-November-2005, 06:34 PM

Robin (DJ-ing)
Me
The three witches
Paul F
Kev F
Rachel & Marc

You missed Lory :clap:

And I think David James doing the salsa demo/lesson is a bl**dy good reason to attend this event. I feel he may be the new Viktor :worthy: which will hopefully keep Missy D happy. :wink:

Zebra Woman
17th-November-2005, 06:37 PM

And I think David James doing the salsa demo/lesson is a bl**dy good reason to attend this event. I feel he may be the new Viktor :worthy: which will hopefully keep Missy D happy. :wink:

Yeah Rebecca and I will be getting there especially early to see that.

ZW

Missy D
17th-November-2005, 07:09 PM

I think its for the best that i dont comment on this one Kev!

Tea lights, gravalax and dime bar cake for me!

dee
17th-November-2005, 07:42 PM
Love the new location :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WittyBird
17th-November-2005, 07:43 PM
Love the new location :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

yours is funny :cheers:

Dizzy
18th-November-2005, 03:16 PM
I don't suppose anyone can offer me a lift to Cheshunt tonight - otherwise I have to give it a miss!! :tears:

dee
18th-November-2005, 03:22 PM
I don't suppose anyone can offer me a lift to Cheshunt tonight - otherwise I have to give it a miss!! :tears:

Awwww well if you can't get a lift fancy baby sitting? i really want to go :tears: hope you get the lift :tears:

Limpy Tink
18th-November-2005, 03:43 PM
Awwww well if you can't get a lift fancy baby sitting? i really want to go :tears: hope you get the lift :tears:

Ditto!:tears:

David Bailey
18th-November-2005, 03:52 PM
I can certainly drop you off, but I can't get you there - some sod keeps on putting the class start time forward (8.15? - yeah, like that's going to happen :rolleyes: ), and I've got a very short time to get out and about once I get home. Sorry :sad:

Hope you make it!

Robin
18th-November-2005, 03:57 PM
I can certainly drop you off, but I can't get you there - some sod keeps on putting the class start time forward (8.15? - yeah, like that's going to happen :rolleyes: ), and I've got a very short time to get out and about once I get home. Sorry :sad:

Hope you make it!

Thought it was 8.30 ?

Don;t think we'll be set up at 8.15 :whistle:

David Bailey
18th-November-2005, 04:00 PM
Thought it was 8.30 ?

Don;t think we'll be set up at 8.15 :whistle:
Some twit said 8.15; I'd ignore him though, as he's 10,000 miles away.

The good thing about doing a Latin class, is you can use Latin TimeKeeping to give it extra authenticity :)

Robin
18th-November-2005, 04:06 PM

The good thing about doing a Latin class, is you can use Latin TimeKeeping to give it extra authenticity :)

Have I ever exposed you to RMT ?

Robin Mean Time

... I meant to be there

senorita
18th-November-2005, 04:44 PM

And me!! :clap: :clap:

Look forward to it..and meeting you at long last rebecca :hug:

Zebra Woman
18th-November-2005, 04:47 PM

:rofl:

That's so familiar. Reminds me of the good old days....

MK Salsa classes billed to start at 8PM, teacher turns up 8.45PM.

Unfortunately the same Latin Time Keeping did not apply to the end time of 11PM. :mad:

Oh yeah, another one :

Busking in the street in Bedford at 1.30PM, LTK teacher strolls up at 4PM!

LTK - I know all about that. :angry:

ZW:flower:

Rebecca
18th-November-2005, 04:53 PM

Great :flower: . I'll see you in a few hours x

stewart38
18th-November-2005, 04:54 PM

you dont say where to you live ? if you near J25 M25 PM us

ill be coming with two ladies :grin:

dee
18th-November-2005, 04:58 PM
Don't worry i will babysit for you and Limpy Tint :grin:

Are bless you Stewart38 what a lovely chap :flower:

stewart38
18th-November-2005, 05:03 PM
Ill cut your grass , cook your breakfast ,do your washing and clean your car , it would be my honour to help you stewart38

why thank you Ms Dee :wink: :flower:

she started it !

dee
18th-November-2005, 05:25 PM
why thank you Ms Dee :wink: :flower:

she started it !

:worthy: :worthy: :rofl: :rofl:

Will
18th-November-2005, 05:27 PM
Kate and I are going to Twyford tonight. Hope to see people there. :flower:

WittyBird
18th-November-2005, 05:55 PM

who ?
I see no ladies? :rolleyes:

WittyBird
18th-November-2005, 05:56 PM

Dont forget me :tears:

Robin
18th-November-2005, 06:06 PM

Wot ??!!???

no smutty comments yet ?

stewart38
18th-November-2005, 08:44 PM
Its 7.44pm I better get ready :whistle:

dee
18th-November-2005, 08:47 PM
Its 7.44pm I'm on my way Dee :whistle:

Great!!! i will be waiting thanks again for baby sitting see you in a mo xx

WittyBird
18th-November-2005, 08:51 PM
Great!!! i will be waiting thanks again for baby sitting see you in a mo xx

Ooops whose picking me up then.......... :blush:

dee
18th-November-2005, 08:56 PM
Ooops whose picking me up then.......... :blush:

Me won't be long :flower:

(I wish):tears: :tears: :tears:

WittyBird
18th-November-2005, 09:06 PM
Me won't be long :flower:

(I wish):tears: :tears: :tears:

No I noticed your vertically challenged :eek:

dee
18th-November-2005, 10:20 PM
No I noticed your vertically challenged :eek:

And still not going out :tears:

Looks like it's pudsey and i for the evening of baby sitting :sad:

Well at least i can go out tom night, hang on a min .... No sitter :tears: :tears:

*dee goes and gets some rope and the loft ladder out*

under par
19th-November-2005, 11:52 AM
Last minute decision made....off to cheshunt :what: ...lots of fellow forumites:D ....nice floor:yum: .. free parking:yeah: ...super DJ, great set Robin, nice to meet you:worthy: ...so many great dances wow!:drool: ...........shame about M25 carparking problem took 2 and half hours to get there:angry:

Kev F
19th-November-2005, 03:28 PM
Cheshunt

It was fab to see good attendance of the forumites and lovely dances with all.

After camber my first nights dancing is always a difficult one to compare to all the fantastic experience and feelings that a weekender brings. We are all dancing sooo well by the end of weekender that it is very difficult that some of that relaxed, smooth dancing feeling has disappeared:tears: or am I the only one?????????? I just hope and pray that when I leave a weekender that I keep just a little of that fantastic feeling which I have gained through continuous dancing.

Anyway....back to Cheshunt. I do love this venue but wasn't inspired by the music at the earlier part of the evening. I found my self in a neutral territory neither in ceroc classic land (which I do love..some of the time) and lush a land (which I love more...some of the time). I seemed to find the earlier music in middle ground between the two. With all due respect to Robin I usually love his set and will blame my camber mindset for my lack of inspiration.

But....he did play some great tango, cha-cha and chill out zone :clap: :clap:

Didn't get to see the salsa and i hope David James is well??:flower:

It was a good opportunity to practise some cha-cha and tango as there was ample space at the latter part of the evening. I makes my evening so special to put all our hard work into practise.

A good evening and thanks to all :flower:

stewart38
19th-November-2005, 04:14 PM
Nice evening, could have none with a few more people :sad:

Some lovely dances especially sylph,rebecca and Zebra women and the rest of course :blush:

M25 clear from J21 to 25 :yeah:

stewart38
19th-November-2005, 04:17 PM
Great!!! i will be waiting thanks again for being a fantasic guy stewart38 xx

Always happy to baby sit at a moments notice now who wants a lift tonite :whistle:

WittyBird
19th-November-2005, 04:26 PM
now who wants a lift tonite :whistle:

Yes please if I can move just got back from Pizza Hut :eek: eaten for the week now :rofl:

dee
19th-November-2005, 04:33 PM
Always happy to baby sit at a moments notice now who wants a lift tonite :whistle:

Will have you on the floor later young man!!!

WittyBird
19th-November-2005, 04:40 PM
Will have you on the floor later young man!!!
S38 now theres an offer you cant refuse!
Dee remember what you said at Camber now calm down :what:

dee
19th-November-2005, 04:45 PM
S38 now theres an offer you cant refuse!
Dee remember what you said at Camber now calm down :what:

:rofl: :rofl:

WittyBird
19th-November-2005, 04:47 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

:whistle:

Cruella
19th-November-2005, 04:58 PM
Yes please if I can move just got back from Pizza Hut :eek: eaten for the week now :rofl:
Me too, not sure i'll be able to dance tonight i'm so full. :sick: But hey theres always a good old gossip to be had instead:whistle: See you later at hammersmith?

dee
19th-November-2005, 04:59 PM
Me too, not sure i'll be able to dance tonight i'm so full. :sick: But hey theres always a good old gossip to be had instead:whistle: See you later at hammersmith?

And a good laugh, bagsy mothball man first :sick:

dee
19th-November-2005, 05:00 PM

Ok Stewart i will hold you to that :whistle:

I will have a lift if you fancy a trip to Aylesbury :flower:

WittyBird
19th-November-2005, 05:10 PM

You will indeed be good to catch up didnt get chance at Camber :what:

Missy D
22nd-November-2005, 09:53 AM
Dont suppose anyone found a dance shoe of mine at Cheshunt? I left just before midnight with only one shoe (reckon i am the real Cinderella). I only brought them 2 weeks ago:tears: Description of the missing shoe:- Black, size 6, satin and mesh, almost 3" heel and Heavenly Dance Shoe written inside. If not I will have to get another one made up.

Had a great time at Cheshunt but, had lots on my mind hence leaving so early.

Missy D
23rd-November-2005, 01:02 AM
Dont suppose anyone found a dance shoe of mine at Cheshunt? I left just before midnight with only one shoe (reckon i am the real Cinderella). I only brought them 2 weeks ago:tears: Description of the missing shoe:- Black, size 6, satin and mesh, almost 3" heel and Heavenly Dance Shoe written inside. If not I will have to get another one made up.

Had a great time at Cheshunt but, had lots on my mind hence leaving so early.

I have my shoe back:clap: :clap:

A big thank you to Dizzy for finding it for me:hug:

WittyBird
23rd-November-2005, 09:24 AM
I have my shoe back:clap: :clap:

A big thank you to Dizzy for finding it for me:hug:

???? where was it?:grin:

Missy D
23rd-November-2005, 09:42 AM
???? where was it?:grin:

In Dizzys bag! Told you i wasnt with it on friday. Lucky i drove the right car home. Still i am back to my usual self now:clap: