PDA

View Full Version : 19/11/05

Cruella
14th-November-2005, 05:28 PM
I guess it's Hammersmith for me this weekend, anyone else?

TiggsTours
14th-November-2005, 05:49 PM
Having my cornea sliced open, so they can burn my retinas with a laser!:D

DavidB
14th-November-2005, 05:55 PM
Having my cornea sliced open, so they can burn my retinas with a laser!:DI know some of the leaders at Hammersmith can be a bit over-enthusiastic, but that takes some doing.

Does this move have a signal?

Cruella
14th-November-2005, 05:56 PM
OK some smartar5e has pointed out that this should be a public poll and it's not! In my defence, I NEED SLEEP! Moderators please help.:flower:

TiggsTours
14th-November-2005, 06:04 PM
I know some of the leaders at Hammersmith can be a bit over-enthusiastic, but that takes some doing.

Not that I'm aware of, but I'm sure it would have a response!:eek:

ChrisA
14th-November-2005, 06:39 PM
Having my cornea sliced open, so they can burn my retinas with a laser!:D
Hmm... possibly preferable to Hammersmith - that can be a bit of an eye-opener too...

(Best of luck, though :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: )

David Bailey
14th-November-2005, 09:34 PM
Hmm... possibly preferable to Hammersmith - that can be a bit of an eye-opener too...
:rofl: Hell, you beat me to it. :sad:

Blimey, it is a bit of a dead zone darn sarf this Sat, isn't it?

Fortunately, I'm at Cheshunt on Friday, so I'll get one night of dancing in.

jammy
14th-November-2005, 10:00 PM
looks like i will be going 2 the beach ballroom this weekend my first ever time heard its gr8.

Missy D
14th-November-2005, 11:01 PM
I will be at Hammersmith!!

Ooh cant wait!! So miss dancing on that damaged floor. Guess the following men will be there too:-

The dead man with the hunched shoulders.
The man smelling of mothballs.
The licker (one i havent experienced yet - he licks your arms and face).
The groper this man always wears the dodgy shirts and is short (chest level).
The old git in the tight trousers that likes to hold your hand on his toilet parts.

Sure there are many other delightful men to dance with too!!

Are we dishing out stickers again? I can think of more things to write on them!

See you all there:rofl:

robd
14th-November-2005, 11:18 PM

I had a dance with a lady at Camber and asked her where she usually danced. When she replied 'Hammersmith' I wished I hadn't asked. Suddenly I had visions of the famous (on this forum anyway) refusal row {though clearly that didn't apply to her as she hadn't refused me} and felt somewhat inferior.

David Bailey
15th-November-2005, 09:00 AM
I had a dance with a lady at Camber and asked her where she usually danced. When she replied 'Hammersmith' I wished I hadn't asked.
:rofl: Can't blame you mate, but it'd have been rude to say "GOOD GOD - WHY?" and run away screaming... :innocent:

Suddenly I had visions of the famous (on this forum anyway) refusal row {though clearly that didn't apply to her as she hadn't refused me} and felt somewhat inferior.
:confused: You're kidding, yes? - Hammersmith is where the Good Dancers go?

dee
15th-November-2005, 10:10 AM
I hope to be going to Hammersmith this time, not been for a while and after Camber im really missing dancing:tears:

I will look forward to seeing mothball man and the corpse again :sick: can't believe corpse was at Camber :what:

See you all there :flower:

senorita
15th-November-2005, 10:16 AM
I guess it's Hammersmith for me this weekend, anyone else?

Make sure the A406 is opened...
It took us over two hours to get there as supposed to an hour...3 wks ago we didnt get there till 10.15pm instead of 9pm :tears: PLUS the diversion signs were useless & we got lost too :tears:

Gojive
15th-November-2005, 11:24 AM
I think I'll head off to the Fairlands Freestyle near Guildford.

It's nice little venue, with pleasant music (i.e. mainstream, but not poppy) :)

LMC
15th-November-2005, 12:50 PM
Out of curiosity, I've checked the difference for me to travel to Hammersmith vs Guildford (www.theaa.com - if there are no roadworks, I've found it fairly accurate travel-time-wise - generous if you cane it like I never do...).

Hammersmith: 35 miles, 1h 17 minutes (nearer 1h 45 last time with the roadworks :mad: ). Only twice I've been - stressful drive, too hot, music "OK" but not inspiring, floor filthy last time...

Guildford: 61 mile, 1h 18 minutes. Never been - mostly motorway, a good reason for taking a risk and the one minute, 25 mile addition maybe...

*shuffles bottom to find comfortable spot on fence*

Gojive
15th-November-2005, 01:10 PM
Out of curiosity, I've checked the difference for me to travel to Hammersmith vs Guildford (www.theaa.com - if there are no roadworks, I've found it fairly accurate travel-time-wise - generous if you cane it like I never do...).

Hammersmith: 35 miles, 1h 17 minutes (nearer 1h 45 last time with the roadworks :mad: ). Only twice I've been - stressful drive, too hot, music "OK" but not inspiring, floor filthy last time...

Guildford: 61 mile, 1h 18 minutes. Never been - mostly motorway, a good reason for taking a risk and the one minute, 25 mile addition maybe...

*shuffles bottom to find comfortable spot on fence*

Here's some more detail on Fairlands, that may or may not help the position of the fence :wink: ...

It's a fairly small venue, with a reasonably consistant floor state - never fast or sticky.

The quality of dancers is probably on a par with the likes of Woking.

Free tea and coffee is provided near the end of the night.

The music will be of a much more familiar tack, with very little (if any) experimentation/bluesy/wacky - on the other hand, you will know exactly what you're getting.

I have no idea about the smoking policy I'm afraid - I never really notice. I believe though, that it's smoking in the (separate) bar area only.

People are generally friendly, but then I know a lot of them, so I may be under a false illusion there?

Car-parking - absolutely fine. Free and plentiful.

To sum up, I'd say it's not always going to be the more experienced dancer's cup of tea, but it's certainly one of my favourite smaller venues :)

Paul F
15th-November-2005, 01:40 PM
The music will be of a much more familiar tack, with very little (if any) experimentation/bluesy/wacky - on the other hand, you will know exactly what you're getting.

Sounds like Guildford will be a nice night. Not too sure the same familiarity with music wont be experienced at Hammersmith though.

I left at 12 last time because of the familiarity. Certainly no experimental or bluesy music that night :sick:
Could have been a one off though.

Icey
16th-November-2005, 10:38 PM
Here's some more detail on Fairlands ...

I keep reading this as fairylands and envisaging fairy cakes and fairy lights :what:

Gojive
16th-November-2005, 10:51 PM
I keep reading this as fairylands and envisaging fairy cakes and fairy lights :what:

OK, that's fairy nuff :)

:D

Lory
16th-November-2005, 11:59 PM
I'm going to the theatre, with Mr Lory and my parents, to see 'Chicago'! :nice:

Missy D
17th-November-2005, 12:03 AM

Ah and there was I thinking me and you could do double trouble with the dead man on saturday.:rofl:

Gojive
17th-November-2005, 12:04 AM

Oooh, enjoy Lory! :waycool:

I went to see it when Jill Halfpenny was in it - and she was awesome!!!. Just thinking back to "All that jazz" being played still makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck!. I absolutely loved that show!!!!!!

Andreas
17th-November-2005, 12:16 AM

You know ut when they draw light sabers.

Lory
17th-November-2005, 12:23 AM
Oooh, enjoy Lory! :waycool:

I went to see it when Jill Halfpenny was in it - and she was awesome!!!. Just thinking back to "All that jazz" being played still makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck!. I absolutely loved that show!!!!!!
My good friend Sally ann Triplett (who's been looking after Adam for me for the last couple of days:flower: ) is staring as 'Roxy Hart' till January, so, i'm looking forward to seeing it for that reason... And aparently 'Darius' and 'Wonder Woman' are in it too :what:

I'll take my camera and try and get some 'lovvy gossip' for you all :wink: :D

Missy D
17th-November-2005, 11:57 PM
Not sure i can make it to Hammersmith now:tears: I am doing this show at the Business Design Centre in Islington. Some gay marraige event (and no i am not). From December this year gay and lesbian couples can get married and we are offering our work. Not sure what to expect but, my boss has just given me my pink tea shirt and doc martins to wear on the day. It ends at 7 and now i have been told the I have to go to the event party afterwards. Maybe i might make the last couple of dances. Does anyone want to come along? It might be fun! just pm me if you do.

Russell Saxby
18th-November-2005, 11:02 AM
The old git in the tight trousers that likes to hold your hand on his toilet parts.

I only smelled of mothballs that once - and if you don't want to be licked just tell me.

Besides haven't decided if I am going yet.

Cruella
18th-November-2005, 01:45 PM
Besides haven't decided if I am going yet.

Oh go on, you know you want to:flower:

Lory
18th-November-2005, 02:34 PM
From December this year gay and lesbian couples can get married and we are offering our work. Not sure what to expect but, my boss has just given me my pink tea shirt and doc martins to wear on the day.
Sounds like fun Dawn :D but i'm curious.............

I know what you do for a living, (cast body parts, right?) so tell me, how exactly does this service work into a gay marriage? :what: :rofl:

David Bailey
18th-November-2005, 03:29 PM

I know what you do for a living, (cast body parts, right?) so tell me, how exactly does this service work into a gay marriage? :what: :rofl:
:yeah: That's spooky, that's exactly what I was wondering...

dee
18th-November-2005, 03:37 PM

Maybe just pm sis eh :rofl: :rofl: my lips are sealed :innocent:

senorita
18th-November-2005, 04:13 PM
[QUOTE=Russell Saxby] if you don't want to be licked

more like kicked!!! :na:
I am bringing my armour! :whistle: :D

Missy D
18th-November-2005, 08:03 PM

We are offering casting their wedding hands. Also their kisses. Hopefully I wont get asked to make "penis door handles" or "vag letter boxes". Actually think i need to phone in sick. Just gone off the whole idea. :sick:

Missy D
18th-November-2005, 08:05 PM

Hey David I need to make a practice door knocker you wanna model for me:innocent: What size container will i need too? I have thimble to drainpipe size:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WittyBird
18th-November-2005, 08:46 PM
We are offering casting their wedding hands. Also their kisses. Hopefully I wont get asked to make "penis door handles" or "vag letter boxes". Actually think i need to phone in sick. Just gone off the whole idea. :sick:

:rofl: Please stop it......... ROFLMAO
must keep it clean - must keep it clean

Russell Saxby
19th-November-2005, 09:42 AM
I will be there :D

Didn't think I was gonna be able to make it, but getting withdrawal symptons after Camber, have only danced once this week :sad:

Will have a handful of party tickets with me for the 3rd Dec, save people sending cheques etc..

:cool:

Cruella
19th-November-2005, 10:00 AM
I will be there :D

Didn't think I was gonna be able to make it, but getting withdrawal symptons after Camber, have only danced once this week :sad:

Will have a handful of party tickets with me for the 3rd Dec, save people sending cheques etc..

:cool:
:clap:

CeeCee
19th-November-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Missy D

Oh my goodness how can anyone doubt the attractions of Hammersmith after reading that post!
Curiosity alone will make some people go.

I wonder if this is the same chap who not only licked my arms but bit my arms and my ear, no wonder I lost an earring in the process, perhaps he swallowed it, I didn't care to ask.

Not sure i can make it to Hammersmith now...

Now that's a real shame when I was hoping you would help me to put faces to your earlier descriptions! Perhaps next time.

dee
19th-November-2005, 11:37 AM
Now that's a real shame when I was hoping you would help me to put faces to your earlier descriptions! Perhaps next time.

Well if my sister can't make it CeeCee i can point them all out to you except the Licker :sick: I have danced and still have the mental scars from them all :flower:

See you later :clap:

CeeCee
19th-November-2005, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by dee
Well if my sister can't make it CeeCee i can point them all out to you except the Licker I have danced and still have the mental scars from them all

See you later

Well thanks Dee, see you later then with my note-book and pen, don’t want to miss any of them out do we?
Have rep for you mental scars too you poor thing.

Missy D
19th-November-2005, 08:47 PM
I am coming along now as i didnt have to go to the after show party after all.:clap:

David Bailey
19th-November-2005, 09:43 PM
I am coming along now as i didnt have to go to the after show party after all.:clap:
I saw you on TV!

It was on London Tonight, they were covering this fair thing, and some presenter was pushing her face into this horrible mould thing for the kisses, and then they showed you! I wasn't paying much attention at the time, and by the time I did, the piece had finished, but you're Famous!

CeeCee
20th-November-2005, 11:28 AM

Hammersmith was a hoot last night, haven't laughed so much in ages, great music, oh and the dancing, so many fantastic leaders and so little time, wow, what a night.

Thanks to the Three Witches (it's okay everyone they like their new title) the project continues, we've identified two from the list, just three to go then...

Missy D
20th-November-2005, 11:53 AM
Hammersmith was a hoot last night, haven't laughed so much in ages, great music, oh and the dancing, so many fantastic leaders and so little time, wow, what a night.

Thanks to the Three Witches (it's okay everyone they like their new title) the project continues, we've identified two from the list, just three to go then...

But did you dance with any of them. I know Dee enjoyed herself dancing with the mothball man and was admiring the chicken soup that he had dropped down his wollen waistcoat:rofl: :rofl:

Had a great night last night. The music was great! The fans certainly cooled the air! And I had some fab dances. But the best was having a laugh with some of the forumites. Thanks guys for cheering me up and helping me through troubled times.

:hug: :hug:

Stu
20th-November-2005, 12:17 PM
I agree, Hammersmith was fab.
Good music all night (for Hammersmith anyway! - It's still no T-Jive Jango!!!!!!! (or even close))
Some great follows, really nice atmosphere.
Bit cold unusually (mainly due to Mr. Frost being fanned in!).
Massively overcrowded and difficult to avoid being kicked.
Really enjoyed the night, met lots of lovely forumites and had lots of lovely dances.
:D :clap: :worthy:

WittyBird
20th-November-2005, 12:22 PM

:tears: Here is the list..
elbowed in face
trodden on
kicked on leg
elbowed on arm

no wonder I am covered in bruises :whistle:

Oh we are talking about dancing :blush:

Cruella
20th-November-2005, 12:34 PM
Had a surprisingly good night.:clap: Went with the attitude of 'why am i bothering to drive 2 hours, the musics going to be rubbish' But i was wrong. (For once this was a good thing) I had loads of really good dances and there were alot of familiar faces. Good to dance with ESG again, seems ages since i saw you last.:flower: Only downside to the evening was when i got elbowed on the head and ended up with a huge bump:tears: Quite amusing when it was announced that a mobile phone had been handed in with what looked like Cruella De Ville on it and loads of people turned and looked at me. I hadn't heard the announcement and wondered why i was being stared at.:rofl: Hadn't been to Hammersmith for ages but definately will go back again and give it another go.

Asif
20th-November-2005, 12:56 PM
... no wonder I am covered in bruises :whistle:
You were there last night? Damn - missed you again! I got there really late but i had a couple of lovely smooth/slow dances with Cruella. We even managed to avoid getting kicked - despite being surrounded by dancers who wouldn't know musical interpretation and spacial awareness it if hit them in the face (bouncing around at a million miles a minute to some bluesy track).

Paul F
20th-November-2005, 01:25 PM
Im really really glad it was a good night.
Sounds as if the music was a marked improvement on the last time i went. Will have to give it another go next time.

Out of interest, who was the DJ?

Russell Saxby
20th-November-2005, 02:38 PM
Sounds as if the music was a marked improvement on the last time i went. Will have to give it another go next time.

Erick up until 10.30pm and then Annette until the end

Missy D
20th-November-2005, 02:43 PM

I think it was Annette. I dont usually like the music that she plays but, last night was a very good set.

The floor was extremely dodgy though, not only because it was crowded but, the wood is just breaking up. I have ruined my heels as they kept sticking in between the gaps.

Anyone know when the Hammersmith freestyle is ? I cant wait!!:clap:

WittyBird
20th-November-2005, 04:07 PM
You were there last night? Damn - missed you again! I got there really late but i had a couple of lovely smooth/slow dances with Cruella.
HaHa

I have just realised who you are! Yes I noticed you dancing with Cruella and I also have noticed you have a lovely style. Yes we danced at Ashtons ages ago. OOOh this is gonna be so much fun, I know you but you don't know me... Spot the Wittybird :whistle:

Asif
20th-November-2005, 05:10 PM
HaHa

I have just realised who you are! Yes I noticed you dancing with Cruella and I also have noticed you have a lovely style. Yes we danced at Ashtons ages ago. OOOh this is gonna be so much fun, I know you but you don't know me... Spot the Wittybird :whistle:
That's not fair! :( OK - you've asked for it. I'll find out who you are! :whistle:

fletch
20th-November-2005, 05:25 PM
That's not fair! :( OK - you've asked for it. I'll find out who you are! :whistle:
Girlie pact, sorry Asif you are on your own, can't help:na:

Anyway arn't you supposed to get permission from the person in the photo first:whistle:

you will get into trouble:innocent:

dee
20th-November-2005, 05:37 PM

Don't worry Asif i will point you out to her:waycool:

I never saw you all night til the end, and i have to say a big sorry for not being able to talk to you on the way out but my sister had a few problems to say the least and i had to go rather quick.

Hope to see you soon for a dance :flower:

I had a really good night, not been to Hammersmith for months, it was worth getting stuck in traffic for 40 mins. Was even more worth it when moth ball man asked me to dance only to see he had chicken soup for tea and most of it was down his tank top :yum: did have to refuse corpse mind :blush:

Thanks to ESG, Stu and the sexy Stewart38 for the dances and anyone else i missed. I didn't feel i could dance very well as the floor was so uneven, arms and legs flying from other dancers kind of put me off, oh well guess the skin on my ankles and legs will grow back in time for the next freestyle :flower:

Lovely to see Senorita, Tess, Wittybird Ceecee and Cruella :hug:

Asif
20th-November-2005, 06:24 PM
Don't worry Asif i will point you out to her:waycool:

I never saw you all night til the end, and i have to say a big sorry for not being able to talk to you on the way out but my sister had a few problems to say the least and i had to go rather quick.

Hope to see you soon for a dance :flower:
That's okay - i know what WB looks like (nice Britney-esque photos :wink: ). Deffo on for a dance next time though .... :grin:

WittyBird
20th-November-2005, 09:07 PM
That's okay - i know what WB looks like (nice Britney-esque photos :wink: )
Well thank you I do try :what:

stewart38
20th-November-2005, 09:46 PM

Nice meeting you at Hammersmith

your a great dancer :worthy:

Maybe i was too tired but didnt like much of the music and yes it was me that turned of that big fan that made the top left of the hall feel like an ice berg :mad:

thanks to all other forumites i danced with as well :flower:

CeeCee
20th-November-2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Stewart38
Nice meeting you at Hammersmith

It was very nice to meet you too after hearing so much about you and reading oh so very many of your posts!

Originally posted by Stu

The overcrowding was mostly at the stage end, the opposite end of the hall was far more comfortable for dancing freely and expressively.

Never mind the crowds and the odd bump it was a super night out.

stewart38
21st-November-2005, 12:21 AM
It was very nice to meet you too after hearing so much about you and reading oh so very many of your posts!

Glad you have learnt something :wink:

WittyBird
21st-November-2005, 12:24 AM
Glad you have learnt something :wink:

You have an over inflated opinion of yourself at times :rofl:

stewart38
21st-November-2005, 12:52 AM
You have an over inflated opinion of yourself at times :rofl:

Ive posted on other site as you requested :whistle:

WittyBird
21st-November-2005, 12:54 AM
Ive posted on other site as you requested :whistle:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cruella
21st-November-2005, 09:45 AM
Erick up until 10.30pm and then Annette until the end
I did wonder if Marc had any input with the music. I know he wasn't DJing but as he had been teaching and was on the stage alot of the night, it made me wonder.:whistle:

LMC
21st-November-2005, 09:51 AM
I did wonder if Marc had any input with the music. I know he wasn't DJing but as he had been teaching and was on the stage alot of the night, it made me wonder.:whistle:
:yeah:

I couldn't get to Guildford (home internet connection down again, couldn't get details) so went to Hammersmith despite swearing "never again". The traffic wasn't too terrible, and it was a great night. Only bad thing was the lack of floorcraft as a number of others have mentioned. But I had some fab dances - shame I missed Marc :(. I was wondering if he had some input on the set too, the music was still patchy in places, but generally very good.

senorita
21st-November-2005, 10:38 AM
Had a surprisingly good night.:clap: Went with the attitude of 'why am i bothering to drive 2 hours, the musics going to be rubbish' But i was wrong. (For once this was a good thing) I had loads of really good dances and there were alot of familiar faces. Good to dance with ESG again, seems ages since i saw you last.:flower: Only downside to the evening was when i got elbowed on the head and ended up with a huge bump:tears: Quite amusing when it was announced that a mobile phone had been handed in with what looked like Cruella De Ville on it and loads of people turned and looked at me. I hadn't heard the announcement and wondered why i was being stared at.:rofl: Hadn't been to Hammersmith for ages but definately will go back again and give it another go.

I had one of the best freestyle time, music wise and dance wise. I didnt have to ware my armour!
Thanks for my lovely dances Stu, stewart38, kevin, Joe, Russel saxby, Daniel, Terry...dont know the other names sorry but a big thanks

Lory
21st-November-2005, 09:11 PM
My good friend Sally ann Triplett (who's been looking after Adam for me for the last couple of days:flower: ) is staring as 'Roxy Hart' till January, so, i'm looking forward to seeing it for that reason... And aparently 'Darius' and 'Wonder Woman' are in it too :what:

I'll take my camera and try and get some 'lovvy gossip' for you all :wink: :D
And here's my report...

Unfortunately I got the Darius bit a bit wrong :blush: Sally had mentioned something about sitting on his lap earlier that day :yum: (I must have gone off into some sort of dream world after that )and I assumed he was in it, but he was just 'rehearsing' and took over as the lawyer TODAY.:sad:

But 'Wonder woman' (linda Carter) WAS in it but it was her last night and whoopy do:D , We got invited back to her leaving party (which just happened to be in Sally ann's Dressing room (cos she's got the biggest one... :waycool: ) She was very nice, down to earth but, she, along with all the cast looked shattered, they'd done 2 shows that day and when they took their makeup off, it showed. If anyone thinks its glamorous back stage, think again! :sick:

The show was very good but I was very disappointed by the scenery, or lack of it, I should say, there was only one change, right at the very end, when they had a foil curtain behind them (just like TWK's )behind them.:na:

The dancing was superb, :worthy: the girls had some serious LEGS on them and the men had some serious PECS :drool: (but Sally assured me, there wasn't a straight man amongst them.:rolleyes: )

Here's Sally's website (http://www.sallyanntriplett.com/news_main.html), (slightly out of date, as her contract now runs till the end of Jan)
So, here's my pics

Wonder woman is doing one of her famous 'spins' for a laugh
And her making her farewell speech
Me and Sally ann
And a couple of us as kids and now.. I don't think we've changed that much?:rofl:

KatieR
30th-January-2006, 01:00 PM
Divi and I went and saw it the other night and have to say we both thought Sally Ann was amazing. She just made the show. Her sense of humour really shone through and just made the whole thing completely brilliant.!

Lory
30th-January-2006, 01:17 PM
Divi and I went and saw it the other night and have to say we both thought Sally Ann was amazing. She just made the show. Her sense of humour really shone through and just made the whole thing completely brilliant.!
It was her last night on Saturday. ;) She's well and truly looking forward to having some time off! :clap:

It's not the best show i've seen her in but the girl did good! :waycool: :worthy: