PDA

View Full Version : Glasgow Farce

ducasi
13th-November-2005, 01:35 AM
(This is an edited version of a blog posting (http://ducasi.org/blog/2005/11/13/glasgow-farce/) I've just made.)

Tonight was the monthly Glasgow party…

Let’s see…

Great venue…. Check! :nice:
Cool teacher down from Aberdeen…. Check! :waycool:
Top DJ flown up from London… Check! :yum:
Loads of dancers from all over Scotland and elsewhere… Check! :clap:

So what we missing here…

Ah… Sound system… Umm… :what:

What do you mean no sound system??!?! :eek:

I’m deeply unimpressed. Makes me wish I had gone to the LeRoc party last weekend.

Dreadful Scathe
13th-November-2005, 02:05 AM
no sound system ? was the Dj singing ? :)

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
13th-November-2005, 02:00 PM
[RANT on]Last night was the WORST NIGHT EVER! First me and my friends got lost on the motorway in our car for two and a half hours trying to find the East Kilbride arts centre, which we didn't find (I wasn't even navigating!) But it was ok cause I got dropped off at Central and got in a taxi to the Henry Wood Hall. The nice taxi driver told me before I left "ah well it can only get better" :rolleyes: :mad: He was so wrong! [RANT off/]

The people inside told me that the DJ hadn't turned up, not the sound system so oops to them.

Ash
(A very ****ed off forumite, who is mad and annoyed and stressed and ARRRGGHHHHH!!!!!!!)

jammy
13th-November-2005, 02:17 PM
i think every1 was ****ed off i think we were all lookin foward 2 it since the last 1 was cancled cauz of the bfg and it was double booked ( witch it wasnt cauz the bar staff said 2 fraser where were u last month so 2 months in a row the bar has made no money so we will be very lucky 2 get a bar for the 29 or even a venue). im very dissapointed ( as will every1 will be) its just it was also the last night danielle had of dancein in glasgow and that didnt happen. i think this is the longest post i have ever posted and the not a post sayin nice things a bout ceroc. why fly a dj up from london and dont sort out the sound system. i also told a lot of my beginers in my taxi classes that it would be a gr8 night well woth going and 2 my shock a lot of them turned up 2 be turned away. i was almost bringin up a girl from ripon(just above leeds) just as well she didnt come up cauz that would of been a waste of a train ticket.

just want 2 finish with sayin i am VERY dissapointed:sad:

ericklondon
13th-November-2005, 02:56 PM
There is nothing that can describe how I felt last night, - and trust me I am not reknown for my calm and collected attitude - I was really looking forward to dj, you all seemed like a really fun bunch of people and it looked like it would have been a busy night...

I felt very sorry for everyone who turned up only to be turned away. In the freezing cold...!!!!

Nevertheless, I met some great people (Jamie, Danielle and her Mum, Fraser.... and a few others I was chatting to) Was great to see Lorna, and Sandy... sober...!!! :yum: :whistle: :innocent:

Anyway, I do hope I get invited again.... and soon....!!!

Erick
:wink:

Jive Brummie
13th-November-2005, 07:16 PM
Just a quick question...but what the hell happened and why?

JB x x

carolinemcewan
13th-November-2005, 07:18 PM
Ach guys come on... mistakes happen!! Sally, Maddy and I drove through from Edinburgh (without getting lost!!!!!) for it. We were up for jumpin' jacks with the rest of them but bouncers had issues with the lack of IDs for some of us :sad: (I wished it had been me!), so after dragging 3 guys with us we walked and walked and walked, then drove and drove and drove then found a cool wee bowling club in Paisly that Stuart's (who was with us) dad was DJing at and we finally got to dance for 20 mins:clap: ! Then back to glasgow for noodles. Home and in bed by 4am!
Ok granted we all wanted to dance and see Danielle, but without the warmth and company residing jumpin jacks like almost everyone else had we still had a laugh. A night is only as good as you make it!! I'm sure Franck gets the message now anyway. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Besides I don't know what Jamie's moaning about anyway, I KNOW he had a good night :wink: :kiss:

Dreadful Scathe
13th-November-2005, 07:24 PM
Im confused - Jumping Jacks ! Henry Wood Hall ! - what was going on where and what didnt happen ? me no understand :confused:

jammy
13th-November-2005, 08:00 PM
Besides I don't know what Jamie's moaning about anyway, I KNOW he had a good night :wink: :kiss:
yeh i had a good night in jumpin jaks but its still not the night i was lookin foward 2. i was lookin foward 2 watchin danielle have a nice time dancein in the henry wood halls but no we had 2 make do with jumpin jaks.

Just a quick question...but what the hell happened and why?
franck didnt sort out a sound system for erick 2 play on cauz he cant bring his sound system all the way up from london on the plane.

Im confused - Jumping Jacks ! Henry Wood Hall ! - what was going on where and what didnt happen ? me no understand
a lot of ppl went 2 jumpin jaks 2 try get a bit of dancein we did but not alot of ppl satyed long and sum ppl didnt get in.

carolinemcewan Ach guys come on... mistakes happen!! but not this often!

Dreadful Scathe
13th-November-2005, 08:07 PM
a lot of ppl went 2 jumpin jaks 2 try get a bit of dancein we did but not alot of ppl satyed long and sum ppl didnt get in.
!

do they still teach English at schools these days ? :)

Lorna
13th-November-2005, 08:09 PM
Hi,

thought I'd answer some of your questions.

Party didn't go ahead as planned. We had no sound system for whatever reason but I did a class to keep folks entertained. I enjoyed that. Thank you Jamie :kiss:

We decided to call it quits at around 9.30ish but invited everyone to come and celebrate Danielle's last night at Jumpin Jaks instead. I speak for everyone when I say we had a ball there. The DJ invited us all up onto the stage to 'showcase' our dancing. I had a really fabby long and very fast dance with Danielle which was great. Good luck honey!:hug:

Yeah, I was disappointed and a bit annoyed and I did feel sorry for those who had travelled, especially Eric. By the way, where were you? :sad: Didn't get to say bye!!!! However we made the best out of a bad situation. So thank you for making it a great night for Danielle.

Hope to see you all soon,

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
13th-November-2005, 08:12 PM
do they still teach English at schools these days ? :)

It's cause jammy's a text addict, he's forgotten how to write properly lol Plus it saves time :innocent: I tried 2 rep you, but I need to spread it around first :whistle:... and did no one tell you? jammy's not at school anymore

Dreadful Scathe
13th-November-2005, 08:32 PM
yes i realise he's not at school NOW but I was suggesting that his school didnt teach him English when he was ;)

ducasi
13th-November-2005, 08:36 PM
Ach guys come on... mistakes happen!! Sally, Maddy and I drove through from Edinburgh (without getting lost!!!!!) for it. [...] A night is only as good as you make it!! I'm sure Franck gets the message now anyway. Mistakes do happen. Quite regularly it seems. :rolleyes:

As you say, a night is only as good as you make it. I know many folks managed to have a good night despite the cancelled party, but Ash, for example, had her night ruined. I know she's not the only one.

I was hoping Franck would have had a chance to respond to this thread by now.

Anyway, it was nice to see you, Sally and Maddy. Glad you had a good time in Paisley. Sorry I didn't get to dance with any of you though. :tears:

Thanks to Lorna for doing as much as you could to make a night of it. :flower:

Jenni
14th-November-2005, 12:00 AM
Was most disappointed at not getting to say cheerio to Danielle :sad: - mind u might teach me for not turning up till ten :whistle: - might have found out where everyone went

Jenni :flower:

Sandy
14th-November-2005, 10:50 AM
There is nothing that can describe how I felt last night, - and trust me I am not reknown for my calm and collected attitude - I was really looking forward to dj, you all seemed like a really fun bunch of people and it looked like it would have been a busy night...

I felt very sorry for everyone who turned up only to be turned away. In the freezing cold...!!!!

Nevertheless, I met some great people (Jamie, Danielle and her Mum, Fraser.... and a few others I was chatting to) Was great to see Lorna, and Sandy... sober...!!! :yum: :whistle: :innocent:

Anyway, I do hope I get invited again.... and soon....!!!

Erick
:wink:

SOBER! You weren't looking close enough! hee, hee!

Well if I was drunk I sure did sober up fast! what a shame for you Eric and for Lorna and for everyone who went along including Anne Marie and myself from Aberdeen.

We did end up having a super night at Jumpin Jaks with all the other cerocers.

so nice to see you Eric and I do hope you come again :hug:

Lorna did a great job without any music and handled the situation so well.

Disappointed :tears:

These things happen but let's hope never again!

SAndy xxx

Franck
14th-November-2005, 12:58 PM
Great venue…. Check! :nice:
Cool teacher down from Aberdeen…. Check! :waycool:
Top DJ flown up from London… Check! :yum:
Loads of dancers from all over Scotland and elsewhere… Check! :clap:

So what we missing here…

Ah… Sound system… Umm… :what:

What do you mean no sound system??!?! :eek:I would like to sincerely apologize for Saturday night. As you've all pointed out, a crucial part was missing, and what should have been a brilliant night for all concerned turned into a non-event. I'm so sorry for anyone who travelled from close and afar to attend the party.

I would like to thank Lorna, Fraser, Erick, Danielle and everyone who managed to rescue the evening by organising a Jumpin' Jaks night out instead.

I don't have any simple excuse for the lack of sound system, I was originally planning on being there personally with equipment, but later on got booked to teach at a week-end event and whilst organising everything else, developed a blind spot on the sound system issue.

These things happen but let's hope never again!I will do my utmost, including hiring full time help to make sure that all bases are covered in future.

ducasi
14th-November-2005, 02:04 PM
I would like to sincerely apologize for Saturday night. [...]
I will do my utmost, including hiring full time help to make sure that all bases are covered in future. Thanks Franck. An apology like this really makes a difference. :nice:

I'm really looking forward to the next Glasgow party, and I'm glad to know that it'll go smoothly.

Sandy
14th-November-2005, 06:50 PM
I will do my utmost, including hiring full time help to make sure that all bases are covered in future.

Thanks. Hopefully I will manage to get to another party soon.

Thanks also to the guy who gave us the lift to Jumpin Jaks. :grin: He had a moustache but sorry didn't find out your name:blush:

We did end up having a brill time and met such lovely fellow cerocers.

Sandy ;)

Heather
14th-November-2005, 07:06 PM
I don't have any simple excuse for the lack of sound system, I was originally planning on being there personally with equipment, but later on got booked to teach at a week-end event and whilst organising everything else, developed a blind spot on the sound system issue.

:rofl: :rofl: Don't kid yourself Franck!!!! That's what's called a 'Senior moment'
I have it on good authority that they happen more frequently as you get older! And you ARE almost another year older, aren't you Franck!!:wink: :wink: :rofl:

:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
xx

jammy
14th-November-2005, 07:29 PM
franck thanks for the apology.

i know that u would of learnt from this and this would never happen again.

jammy

FXS N.Q
16th-November-2005, 02:44 PM
Just to show that the night on Saturday turned out better for some and did have some good points too.
I was not going to the Glasgow party as my old housemate was down from Aberdeen and he hasn't done ceroc before so wouldn't of been fair to take him to it as he would of sat in the corner and not been able to dance. So I was on my way out to another club and when I was passing by Jumpin Jaks I was supprised to see my brother (Jammy) standing outside, he informed me about the situation and said everyone was in Jumpin Jaks so I asked my mates if they wanted to go into Jumpin Jaks and they were happy to do so.

So in the end up I was happy :nice: because I ended up going to the (unofficial) Glasgow party and got some of my friends to see what Ceroc is like. One of whom is willing to try it but stays in Aberdeen so I have to go up to Abereen to take him to a class.
I would also like to thank the ceroc party crowd at Jumpin Jaks as they made my non-ceroc friends welcome and as a result have shown them what a nice group of people ceroc gets at events:worthy: . As well as others in the crowd got to see the ceroc moves which they may also influence more possible beginners.

Sandy
16th-November-2005, 02:58 PM
So in the end up I was happy :nice: because I ended up going to the (unofficial) Glasgow party and got some of my friends to see what Ceroc is like. One of whom is willing to try it but stays in Aberdeen so I have to go up to Abereen to take him to a class.
I would also like to thank the ceroc party crowd at Jumpin Jaks as they made my non-ceroc friends welcome and as a result have shown them what a nice group of people ceroc gets at events:worthy: . As well as others in the crowd got to see the ceroc moves which they may also influence more possible beginners.

An ill wind right enough! We will take good care of your friend if he decides to go along to one of the Aberdeen venues. Give us fair warning of what night and what his name is and we can look out for him :grin:

I was there and you were there and we might even have danced together but don't know who you are!!:confused: Anyway, till the next time

Sandy :nice:

FXS N.Q
16th-November-2005, 03:43 PM
An ill wind right enough! We will take good care of your friend if he decides to go along to one of the Aberdeen venues. Give us fair warning of what night and what his name is and we can look out for him :grin:

I was there and you were there and we might even have danced together but don't know who you are!!:confused: Anyway, till the next time

Sandy :nice:

Well my name is David but most in Glasgow Ceroc know me as Jamie's brother though, if you are wondering who he is it's Jammy or as my friends noticed he was first up on the stage when the DJ asked anyone doing ceroc to go up. He's not shy that boy but I'm starting to get that way.

Won't be going to Aberdeen dance class till December think the week of the 12th either to station hotel or jumpin jaks. Might also be able to get another mate to go so hope you are looking for more men at the class up there. Will know exactlly in December. See you in Aberdeen sometime then, shame I'm missing the beach ballroom though.

Sandy
16th-November-2005, 05:05 PM
See you in Aberdeen sometime then, shame I'm missing the beach ballroom though.

Look forward to it David. I'm missing the BB also but hopefully will get to another party soon.

I was also on the stage.........dancing with Lorna :grin:

Sandy :cheers:

drathzel
19th-November-2005, 01:54 PM
Hi everyone. Just to let you know that even tho the party was cancelled i still had lots of fun at JJ's dancing with lorna, on stage with jammy and muggling with the girls! It was fun!

Caroline, if you had of waited 5 mins for us to arrive, i am friends with the bouncers and could have gotten EVERYONE in!

It was still a good night altho i would have loved to have had a proper Ceroc party!

Still, see you all in december at the Farewell to the Henry Wood Halls:hug:

bigdjiver
19th-November-2005, 02:59 PM
Is this incident another sign that some franchisees are over-stretched? (Another sign being that competitors are opening successful venues as infill.)Would Ceroc be expanding faster if it adopted a Multi-level marketing model (MLM)? i.e. franchisees training franchisees to take over a part of their area?

carolinemcewan
21st-November-2005, 02:56 PM
Caroline, if you had of waited 5 mins for us to arrive, i am friends with the bouncers and could have gotten EVERYONE in!

Man!!! I figured since we'd seen Jamie you guys were already in!! Whens the next time you're over cause we'll all have to definately be there!!!:cheers: