PDA

View Full Version : Naming and shaming...

LMC
11th-November-2005, 06:28 PM
Dancia International - literally two minutes walk from my office, but I should have made more effort and gone to Watford :(

Complaint just sent:

I ordered a pair of International dance shoes (Lucy) with a 1" Cuban Heel in Extra Wide on 15 August 2005 - from the Drury Lane shop. They arrived on 19 September 2005, but only in Wide, so were returned. Today, the shoes in Extra Wide turned up. I am sorry to say that the workmanship is so shoddy, that I have requested those to be returned as well, and unless I have a satisfactory outcome to this complaint, I am afraid I will be requiring a full refund of the £30 deposit I paid back in August. The new shoes were as ordered. However, I would expect Extra Wide shoes to have an Extra Long strap. This was not the case and I struggled to reach the first hole on the strap. The holes are not centred on the strap and are not evenly spaced. One of the buckles (L shoe) is so stiff as to be unusable. Even from just attempting to try the shoes on, the material round the holes was beginning to fray, so the holes were evidently not "finished" properly. Finally, the material was already becoming unstuck from around the hook holding the buckle on the R shoe. I will be returning to the shop on Monday to rearrange return. Everyone in the Drury Lane shop has been helpful and I have no complaints about the shop service. However, I am sorely disappointed in the product. You have one last chance to convince me - third time lucky? I will be expecting a hefty discount for the inconvenience of having not had my shoes by the end of September, as would have been reasonable. Finally, I will be expecting the shoes to be back in the shop faster than the normal four weeks lead time. As I said the first time the shoes had to be returned, it does not take four weeks to make one pair of shoes (Heavenly Dance Shoes in Watford manage made-to-measure shoes in two, and I am starting to wish I'd gone there, frankly). So please ensure that my shoes do not join the FIFO system but are given priority for remanufacture. I look forward to a full explanation as to why the manufacturers have been so poor.

Thank you

(my real name & contact details)

AAAARGH... I JUST WANT MY BLOODY SHOES!!!!

Missy D
11th-November-2005, 06:45 PM
Heavenly dance shoes are the best:worthy: They made my shoes in just 3 days.
I love them!

Icey
11th-November-2005, 06:52 PM
STILL ????!!???!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
Hun, might be time to consider cutting your losses and starting over with a pair of Heavenly's. Obviously get your deposit back in full too.

LMC
11th-November-2005, 08:38 PM
Dancia is a franchise operation - and the people in the shop are just lovely (annoyingly so, because I can't throw temper tantrums at them, it genuinely isn't their fault, it's the manufacturer being completely cr@p).

I will still go there for bits'n'pieces - I just won't order any more shoes from them :mad:

I shall go to Heavenly's whatever. But it's kind of the principle of the thing as much as anything now - I really like the shoes I've ordered and I really want them - so if I can get them cheap, great. But I really do mean it, one more f*** up and I shall be wanting a refund.

Lorna
11th-November-2005, 11:07 PM
Hi,

yup, should have gone to Heavenly Dance Shoes. They were fab, comfiest pair of dance shoes ever!!

Lotsa love Lorna x-x