PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Perth!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiggerbabe
24th-January-2003, 08:35 AM
WHAT A NIGHT!!!!!!

Had a great night in Perth, despite initially wondering how on earth Franck was going to manage to get all those people dancing.
I should have known better - get them dancing he did:D :D and they LOVED it!
By the time we did the second "variation" on the beginner's lesson the people, who had been able to stay later, were hooked :yum:

Unfortunately I'll not manage to attend every week but I'll be there as often as I can (maybe my hubby would agree to every other week?:wink: )

A huge thankyou to Mr Tramp for dj-ing with some great (and varied !) music. The Sportsters' staff have to be the friendliest and most helpful of any venue I've been at - instead of trying to get us to drink up and leave they were desperate for us to go back upstairs to the nightclub :cheers:

Well done Perth - roll on Stirling - when's the busk Franck?

Isn't life grand???????? :yum:

:waycool:

Franck
24th-January-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
WHAT A NIGHT!!!!!!

Had a great night in Perth, despite initially wondering how on earth Franck was going to manage to get all those people dancing.
I should have known better - get them dancing he did:D :D and they LOVED it! What a night indeed Sheena... Thanks to everyone who traveled from across Scotland to support the opening, considering the number of new people (and especially women :wink: ) who turned up on the night, I could not have done it without you all and Steve the Tramp who was in control of the DJ decks, so thank you very much :cheers:

This opening was one of the largest we have had, though not as busy as the Plaza in Glasgow, with 218 people turning up to dance :really: with more than half being complete Beginners... :nice:
Despite this huge number, everyone had a ball (including myself :D ) and everything went smoothly!

Roll on next week, and of course, Stirling in a few weeks :waycool:

Franck.

Lindsay
24th-January-2003, 10:46 AM
Sounds like we missed a good night!

Where and what night is the Stirling venue, Franck????

Have a few friend through there who were asking. . .

Franck
24th-January-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Lindsay
Where and what night is the Stirling venue, Franck???? Hi Lindsay,

At the moment, I am yet to make a final decision on the Stirling venue, but now that Perth is up and running, I will be able to spend a bit of time on Stirling.
The target is to open in March, on a Tuesday night.

Franck.

TheTramp
24th-January-2003, 12:35 PM
It was a brill night. Really enjoyed it. Thanks for letting me DJ Franck. Hope I didn't scare off too many people.

And Mel, thanks for the hip-hop jive at the end of the evening. Another Scottish highlight :D (Maybe we can persuade CJ to play something like 'Clint Eastwood' (Gorillaz) at the Beach Party, and do it all again - at the beginning of the evening, before my ankle gives out on me)

Steve

filthycute
24th-January-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
It was a brill night. Really enjoyed it. Thanks for letting me DJ Franck. Hope I didn't scare off too many people.

And Mel, thanks for the hip-hop jive at the end of the evening. Another Scottish highlight :D (Maybe we can persuade CJ to play something like 'Clint Eastwood' (Gorillaz) at the Beach Party, and do it all again - at the beginning of the evening, before my ankle gives out on me)

Steve Totally agree....we had a great!!!! night last night. Well done Franck and congrats on the new venue....it's gonna be huge!!! :D:D:D Now all i have to do is convince my boss to let me have wednesdays and thursdays off work :wink:

Steve, what a dance!! had mega fun with that music. Really wanted to try that out for ages and knew you could pull it off :wink: Yep defo think we need another hip hop session. :D And since i'm working this weekend i think i'm due the 8th off to dance my sox off :wink:

hope to make it next week .....see y'all soon :D

filthycute x x

DaveD
24th-January-2003, 07:56 PM
I have to agree it was a great night in Perth - even my emails around work seemed to attract half a dozen or so.

The venue is brill - air conditioned, and lots of levels, as well as places to hide when the Duracells run down :wink:

Bob
24th-January-2003, 11:34 PM
I was also very impressed with the Perth venue - looks like it will be two nights of dancing every week whenever possible :wink:

From the 'floor' the feedback was very positive - I think there will be a lot of the beginners returning again next week...

A new set of 'Cerocers' have started !!

Looking forward to next weeks class already... :cool:

Regards,
Bob

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
25th-January-2003, 06:47 PM
Will there be monthly Perth parties?

Can't make it there too easily from Glasgow for the regular night, but would travel for a party night.
:grin: