PDA

View Full Version : ROUTE 66 Valentines Party

Dance Demon
23rd-January-2003, 08:35 PM
ROUTE 66 Stupid Cupid Valentines Night Party, is on Friday 14th February 8pm. All the usual fun, frolics, and red hot music.....PLUS
learn how to do THE MADISON.........TICKETS ON SALE NOW......
All details on www.route66jive.com

See you there!!!!
DD
:cheers: :grin: :devil: :devil:

trout
24th-January-2003, 06:19 PM
Looking forward to another good night... tell me, DD, is this one ticket only?

:grin:

Basil Brush (Forum Plant)
24th-January-2003, 06:54 PM
What kind of music/dancing is this????

Dance Demon
24th-January-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Basil Brush

It's a mixture of Roots R'n'B, Rock'n'Roll, Swing, Blues, Doo wop,
and General good Jivin' music. To date there has been a mixture of modern jivers, Glasgow Jivers, Swing dancers, in fact all sorts of people who like to jive to good jivin' music.
DD
:wink: :devil: :devil:

Dr. Feelgood
24th-January-2003, 08:00 PM
And a bit of blues based rocky stuff, some classy early-mid 70s tracks... and any other surprises I might come up with.
Maybe even some Dr. Feelgood :grin:

:cheers:

Dr. Feelgood
25th-January-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Basil Brush

A lot of folk do the dance taught by Ceroc and the music is absolutely ideal for this form of jive (although you won't have heard most/any of it at a Ceroc event! :wink: ).

That said, dance-wise anything goes. As Dance Demon said, people from many genres of dance come along. One thing they all have in common is a love of dancing to brilliant dance music.

:cheers:

Dance Demon
28th-January-2003, 08:58 PM
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dr. Feelgood

That said, dance-wise anything goes. As Dance Demon said, people from many genres of dance come along. One thing they all have in common is a love of dancing to brilliant dance music.

And also on the 14th Feb you will also be able to learn how to do the MADISON........:waycool: :devil:

trout
29th-January-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by trout
Looking forward to another good night... tell me, DD, is this one ticket only?

Ok, I'm quoting myself but no one responded so I'm repeating my request for info. Do I need an advance ticket or should I be able to just turn up and get in?

PeterL
29th-January-2003, 10:30 AM
Trout, from what I heard it would be advisable to get a ticket. The christmas Route 66 was ticket only and the Valentine one seems to be as popular.

Lindsay
29th-January-2003, 01:39 PM
Save me a ticket boyz, will get the posh frock ready!

Really your last one.....

Linz
x

Dance Demon
29th-January-2003, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by trout
Ok, I'm quoting myself but no one responded so I'm repeating my request for info. Do I need an advance ticket or should I be able to just turn up and get in?

Sorry Trout old chap!!! There are tickets now on sale £4 each from John, Ruth OR Dave, and it would be a good Idea to get one, as once all the tickets have gone, chances of getting in are a lot slimmer. You can catch at least one of the above in the pub after most dance nights or you can contact via the web site www.route66jive .com admission on the Nightwill cost £5 so its cheaper to buy a ticket!!!
:grin: :cheers: :devil:

trout
30th-January-2003, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the info, DD... I'll get a ticket. Looking forward to the Madison class - always wanted to learn that, instead of watching everyone else doing it! :grin:

Dance Demon
9th-February-2003, 12:12 PM
Still a few tickets left for anyone that's interested in a good value for money night. contact via www.route66jive.com , but be quick coz they're going fast.:waycool:
DD:devil:

Lindsay
10th-February-2003, 03:20 PM
Looking forward to it... will there be a lorra love in the air?

Dance Demon
10th-February-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Lindsay
Looking forward to it... will there be a lorra love in the air?

If love's what you're after, I'm sure you'll find it!!!!:wink:

Dr. Feelgood
13th-February-2003, 09:52 AM
We've been getting a few emails from people wondering if they'll be able to turn up without a ticket on Friday.

Tickets are now disappearing quickly so it's hard to predict what will be left on the night - at Xmas, all tickets were gone before the event although if this does happen there is still room for a few more.

The best bet is to get a ticket in advance (and you save £1!). Another strategy would be to contact us to reserve a ticket to collect at the door.

Full details on www.route66jive.com (http://www.route66jive.com)

Hope to see you all there :grin: