PDA

View Full Version : The time of your life!

Cruella
8th-November-2005, 10:59 PM
After turning yet another year older:tears: I got to thinking 'What age would i like to have stayed at and why?'
I guess it would have to be around 27ish. This was when i was looking my best before having kids and gravity started taking it's toll on my body:sick: But it was an age where i was gaining so much more confidence than i had when i was younger. Believe it or not i was very introvert and shy when i was young. I think around this age i started to know who i was and what i wanted more.
As my life hasn't changed massively in the last 21 years the choice was all down to how i was physically and mentally. Although i seem to be having a far fuller life due to my work and dancing than ever before so maybe getting older isn't all that bad.;) In my head i'm still 27 though:D but the mirror tells me differently:tears:

It will be a different age for different people depending on circumstances in your life i.e when you met or divorced a partner, career change etc but what age would you like to have stayed at and why?

Gadget
8th-November-2005, 11:12 PM
Physically: about 10 years ago when I still rode my bike everywhere and was out 'clubbing' 5 nights from 7

Mentally: Now - i'm more confident in my own abilities and self-assured than I was then.

Fiscally: about 20 years ago when I didn't know about money and didn't need to.

I can sort the first one; I'm just a bit lazy. If I win the lottery, then the third one is sorted... so I would rather be no-where else but now and looking forward to meeting new people, dancing with new people and getting better at it.
The past can stay there; to be learned from and reminiced uppon... a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to stay there.

WittyBird
8th-November-2005, 11:59 PM
Personally I would stay at 30 its been a real eye opener of a year for me. Most happy I have ever been, most confident, experience of previous years and the ability to let go along with self belief. Knowledge is power :D

Mr Fitz
9th-November-2005, 01:52 AM
I guess it would have to be around 27ish?
:innocent:

As my life hasn't changed massively in the last 21 years....
...so let me see, that would make you...erm...48!:devil:

Wow! Looking good for 48 if I may say:flower:

under par
9th-November-2005, 01:59 AM

Wow! Looking good for 48 if I may say:flower::yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Cruella
9th-November-2005, 08:42 AM

Cheeky bu88er! The relevance of 21 years is that's how long i've been with my husband not how long it is since i was 27! You know i'm younger than you;)

philsmove
9th-November-2005, 10:00 AM
To start with I though I should put 25
No mortgage
Fantastic Girlfriend
And having the time of my life:waycool:
BUT
I had not discovered MJ:sad:
So maybe I should put 48 when I did:nice:
BUT
I had not discovered Argentinean Tango :sad:
I’m told it may take over 10 years to properly learn to Tango
So maybe I have not reached the ideal age :whistle:
May be 65 is the idea age
Provided you have an index liked final salary pension :really:
Incidentally what do think the youngest women a 65 man should go out with:rolleyes:

jivecat
9th-November-2005, 10:01 AM
I used to think 35 would be the ideal age - old enough to be sophisticated, young enough to still have all my faculties. However, when it arrived, 35 was marked by a lot of personal changes, including new job, town, country, & parting company with old boyfriend. In fact, rather stressful.

I now think 45 ish is a better age - still fit, got the mid-life crisis done, (that was early forties, grim, grim) brilliant time sexually, getting old enough to not give a damn, taking control over my work life.

However, I think last year was one of my best ever. I changed my job & started to make real progress in other areas of my life and had a general feeling of "everything coming together". In fact, how I thought it'd be at 35 but was still far too immature to manage!:blush:

LMC
9th-November-2005, 10:11 AM
My answer to this is that I'd like the body and complexion I had at 19, but certainly not the (lack of) maturity. Unfortunately I still feel immature now sometimes, so guess I still need to grow into myself a bit more :)

I'm 35 and was beginning to lose hope of things ever coming together (why can't I be more organised? why do I still get depressed? why do I still get worried or lose my temper over stupid stuff? etc etc etc) - but it's nice to know that it's still worth working on it :nice: - thanks for the encouragement jivecat, looking forward to 40 now rather than dreading it :flower:

DianaS
9th-November-2005, 11:03 AM

Cruella I had down as my age
21 and a total babe

Cruella
9th-November-2005, 01:21 PM
Cruella I had down as my age
21 and a total babe
I can say quite honestly that i am not 48!!! Although it is a nearer guess than 21:flower: Thanks Diana :hug:
Mr Fitz you better run and hide on saturday.!!

stewart38
9th-November-2005, 06:00 PM
I now think 45 ish is a better age - still fit, got the mid-life crisis done, (that was early forties, grim, grim) brilliant time sexually, getting old enough to not give a damn, taking control over my work life.

:blush:

Ok im 40 how long does this mid life crises last :whistle:

I think about 36/37. That wasnt the best time of my life , just nice age to stay at

fletch
9th-November-2005, 06:13 PM

I have been in a crises most of my life the only thin that changes is its name (mid life) (adolescent) etc.................:sad:

Or maybe just mad:really:
but.....................for me it was 28:flower:

stewart38
9th-November-2005, 06:20 PM
I have been in a crises most of my life the only thin that changes is its name (mid life) (adolescent) etc.................:sad:

Or maybe just mad:really:
but.....................for me it was 28:flower:

I really really HATED turning 40 more then any other age.

Ive already told someone I was 39 !!

I think it was the in 10yrs time Ill be '50' thing in my head

Now i think its ok up to about 43 .

Its the late 20s people start drifting away (and I dont just mean dating etc :sad: )

Cruella
9th-November-2005, 06:56 PM

I think about 36/37. That wasnt the best time of my life , just nice age to stay at
Maybe i'm having my mid life crisis and thats why i posted this thread:eek:
I personally hated turning 30, i felt as if it meant i should act more mature:sick: Still waiting for that to happen though:whistle:

Piglet
10th-November-2005, 01:46 PM
I hated turning 20 (cos I wanted to stay a teenager) but was okay with 30 and I'm really happy at the age I am now (which is still a teenager :wink: ). Life just keeps getting better! :D

(Yep, okay - I know I'm heading for a fall - law of averages and all that jazz)

cheeks
10th-November-2005, 02:14 PM
I remember dreading turning 21 as I felt I was then getting old......:rofl: I think like cruella said this was down to circumstances at the time that from the age of 12 I had to do the parents role .......how little did I know:whistle:

On saying that I had already had two(of my 4) kids and was married by the time I was 21:blush:
I have enjoyed getting older, having my children and looked forward to turning 30(seperating from my husband b4 hitting the big 30 changed my outlook to :yeah: ), now 3 years on I feel that I have become more confident, higher self esteem,discovered mj and tango and am enjoying life:clap:

I wouldn't want to stay a certain age because there is still so much living to be done:flower:

KatieR
10th-November-2005, 02:46 PM
I would like te 26 again... before I knew what it truly meant to have your heart broken.

KatieR
10th-November-2005, 03:05 PM
I would like te 26 again... before I knew what it truly meant to have your heart broken.

Actually strike that... change it to 31.

cheeks
10th-November-2005, 03:15 PM
Actually strike that... change it to 31.

Can i ask what made you change your mind why 31 babe?

KatieR
10th-November-2005, 03:42 PM
Can i ask what made you change your mind why 31 babe?

Because I was oblivious to the fact that a certain person even existed. Sure I had my ups and downs before then but never really knew what it felt like to 'have the s**t kicked out of me by love'.

The rest of my life for the most part has been really great.

Little Monkey
10th-November-2005, 06:29 PM
never really knew what it felt like to 'have the s**t kicked out of me by love'..[QUOTE]

Ah, been there, done that. Lots of sympathy coming your way! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

[QUOTE]
The rest of my life for the most part has been really great.

Mine just seems to get better. :clap:

So, what age would I like to be? Well, right here and now is pretty good, so for now 31 is perfect. Although I wouldn't mind having the body I had when I was about 20, and went to the gym about 15 hours a week, danced three nights a week, and walked my dogs every day.... :rolleyes:

Rebecca
10th-November-2005, 08:49 PM
This coming year will be the best year of my life - if I make it so :clap:
Others have been great (and some very difficult) but I know it's going to get better and better :clap:

I'll be turning 30 next year, my mum will be 60, my (step) grandad turned 90, my nephew will be 6, and it all fits! Maybe I'm finding comfort in numbers divisible by 3 :confused:

The temptation to look backwards is ever-present, but looking sideways I find is more fun :flower: R x

KatieR
11th-November-2005, 10:20 AM
[QUOTE=KatieR]never really knew what it felt like to 'have the s**t kicked out of me by love'..[QUOTE]

Ah, been there, done that. Lots of sympathy coming your way! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Mine just seems to get better. :clap:
:

Its okay, I keep bouncing back, sometimes I dont know how I do, but I do. Just when you think you have no fight left, you some how find a way to pick yourself back up, dust yourself off and tell yourself wouldn't life be dull otherwise.

I live by what Cruella has as her signature, it is such a great quote but if you do live like that you have to be prepared that there is going to be some pretty stressful and upsetting bumps along the way.

Sparkles
11th-November-2005, 10:31 AM
When I find the age I'd like to stay at I'll let you know.

It's really annoying to contsantly be told 'you're too young' - as far as I'm concerned being 'young' isn't all that. I've always felt frustrated at not being taken seriously; my comments never seem to have any weight because I've not been alive long enough to be considered experienced in anything. Next year I'll hit 25 - it's not so much apprehension that I feel at getting older, more thankfulness that my physical age is catching up with me.

Give me middle age, a demanding husband and some screaming kids any day!

S. x

David Bailey
11th-November-2005, 10:39 AM
I live by what Cruella has as her signature.
"Don't touch the hat"? :confused:

Seems a bit strange, but if that works for you... :innocent: