PDA

View Full Version : Worst film of 2005?

David Bailey
6th-November-2005, 11:17 AM
It may be a bit early to start this one - I'm sure there'll be lots of contenders in the next couple of months - but what the heck.

I saw "Broken Flowers" this week, and it was dire. I'm a big Bill Murray fan, and I have been for 15 years or more - I'm one of the few people who rave about "Quick Change" - but this was awful.

Imagine "Lost in Translation", at half the pace, and with no humour, and you're close to the awfulness of it all. So that one gets my vote.

Any more suggestions?

Dreadful Scathe
6th-November-2005, 11:52 AM
Ive not seen that many films this year but 'Star Wars: Attack of the Clones' is certainly one of the worst - horrendous acting and the brilliance of some scenes made the many abysmal scenes all the harder to take - overall, not a film I'd ever watch again.

Freddie_C
6th-November-2005, 02:59 PM
Have you seen the film, 'The Descent'?

I thought it was one of the worst films I have ever seen, it was so boring. More of a womens film I felt, no suspense was held and the 'horror' if thats what it could be called was dire. It was funny...

Other films, The Ring 2 - that was a load of rubbish
The Grudge - funny horror film
(not sure if they came out this year though :sick:)
Saw 2 looks good though.

robd
6th-November-2005, 03:37 PM
worst films I have ever seen, it was so boring. More of a womens film I felt

:eek:

This could be painful!

Freddie_C
6th-November-2005, 09:02 PM
Yeah, I noticed after I posted, UH OH *gulps*

No people shouting at me yet though :p

Stuart
6th-November-2005, 11:18 PM
Ive not seen that many films this year but 'Star Wars: Attack of the Clones' is certainly one of the worst - horrendous acting and the brilliance of some scenes made the many abysmal scenes all the harder to take - overall, not a film I'd ever watch again.
Did you mean "Attack of the Clones"? This was made in 2002.

"The Revenge of the Sith" was this year's offering, and was marginally better.

David Bailey
7th-November-2005, 09:58 AM

I'm ashamed to admit I bought the DVD last week. Total waste of money (I didn't see it at the cinema).

You know you're bored, when you fast-forward lost of a DVD that you haven't even seen before...

TiggsTours
7th-November-2005, 12:23 PM

I thought Revenge of the Sith was really good! I went in a group of 10, we all came out raving about it.

cheeks
7th-November-2005, 12:48 PM
Not a star wars fan well of all these new films anyway...much prefer thinking of star wars as the original trilogy....:blush:

Saw million dollar baby on dvd few weeks ago was enjoying it but was really disappionted towards end of film you were able to see it coming from the half way mark....:sad:

Sean of the dead must have been one of the worst films I've watched lately, I normally have a good sense of humour and yes some lines were :rofl: but Come On! what a complete waste of time....I suppose the bordering pathetic humor just not my cup of t.......:eek:

David Bailey
7th-November-2005, 01:11 PM
I thought Revenge of the Sith was really good! I went in a group of 10, we all came out raving about it.
Want to buy a secondhand DVD? Only used once, believe me... :whistle:

Freddie_C
7th-November-2005, 01:38 PM
David, I'll give you a fiver :yum: , and come on, thats being generous :nice:

I thought Sean of the Dead, is good...for an English film. Very funny at parts.

Has anyone seen Saw II yet!? :confused:

David Bailey
7th-November-2005, 02:17 PM
David, I'll give you a fiver :yum: , and come on, thats being generous :nice:
Sounds great value to me - anyone else want to bid?

In fact, I've got all the first three (I know, I'm an idiot, I kept hoping one of them would be good...), £20 for the lot, how's that?

Freddie_C
7th-November-2005, 02:23 PM
Its MJ-Ebay! Woo...How much is postage and packaging? :rofl:

All three? Hmm...20 Quid? I get paid soon...:wink: lol...

I'l have a think :whistle:

:devil: F-Red Devil :devil:

P.s. Are u serious? lmao...

Dreadful Scathe
7th-November-2005, 02:36 PM

See, it was so poor I forgot what it was called - I meant "Revenge of the Sith" of course. A bad film with good bits in it. Which, to be fair the last 4 films have been. Only The original and the Empire Strikes Back stand up as great films - the Return of the Jedi would be great by simply changing Ewoks into Wookies. A lot more than that needs to change for the last 3 to be even half decent. Good CGI does not make a good film - as a Star Wars fan I am sorely dissapointed ...ah well. :) Not to say there werent great bits - but i dont know if anyone else agrees.....

Episode 1 - bad things
Jake Lloyd
Jar Jar Binks
Stupid Midiclorians explanation
Pod race (***?)
Stupid Droids ("roger roger" this ya ****)
etc..

Episode 2 - bad things
Jar Jar Binks is an arse still
R2D2 has rockets (***?)
C3PO comedy (sob!)
Yoda is tasmanian devil
Amadala (i love you Ani but watch you dont get splinters)
Anakin pouty lip

Episode 3 - bad things
Emperor overacting
Amadala (shoot her please)
Anakin Manaquin
All of the Dialogue
Stupid Emperor vs Yoda "toys out of pram" fight
Why does every fight have to have a fancy CGI backdrop is
it to detract from the crapness of it all?
Wookies say "waaargh" then bugger off

feel free to disagree ;)

not that there werent good bits mind - well done Euan McGregor and Tamura Morrison ;)

under par
7th-November-2005, 02:40 PM
Call me sad if you want but I have not seen one film this year and do you know what I really don't feel I've missed out on anything.

I have certainly saved myself lots of money not seeing some of the films mentioned on this thread.

I used the saved money buying more golf balls on ebay replacing the lost ones.:rofl:

CJ
7th-November-2005, 02:55 PM
I liked Shaun of the Dead.

I liked Revenge of the Sith.

Although it still has weaknesses...

I agree with DS about I & II (except tazmanian devil comment and I thought 3PO had humour in all 6).

There is a great bit in III when Yoda and Obi Wan are going to the Jedi Temple to change the code, etc... Yoda throws his lightsabre into a clone/droid then jumps up and pulls it out. Minor detail, but fab.

I liked Emperor's acting.
Armadillo needed killed off immediately after Jar Jar should have been. Though, funnily enough, the "Anni, you're breaking my heart" bit REALLY gets me in the right way.
The fights were cool.
The Jedi being slaughtered was emotional but could have been better, lengthier.
Maybe my sights were lowered due to I (and partly II) but I was scared that III might supercede IV as the best of the series. (Won't know til i watch I-VI non stop one day. anyone joining me?!?)

Thoughts?

ducasi
7th-November-2005, 04:14 PM
Saw million dollar baby on dvd few weeks ago was enjoying it but was really disappionted towards end of film you were able to see it coming from the half way mark.... :yeah:
My worst film of the year. Hated it. Almost walked out half way. :mad:

Meet The Folkers comes in in second place. Dull and predictable. :yawn:

I liked Sean of the Dead though. :nice:

David Bailey
7th-November-2005, 04:33 PM
P.s. Are u serious? lmao...
Totally - I want to get rid of them anyway, they're all crap.

I'm not faffing around with postage, but I'll bring them to a MJ venue if we're both going.

Dreadful Scathe
7th-November-2005, 06:20 PM
Its SHAUN of the dead ..... sheesh ;) How can you not like a film where the reaction of Ed to the first zombie is to wind on the camera :rofl:

I liked Million Dollar Baby - it was a lot less predictable than your usual 'underdog comes good' story - Rocky and Karate Kid didnt have the star die at the end ;)

er..spoiler alert ;)

And I agree with CJ - C3PO always had humour but its was a tad too stupid in Ep II. Of course there are fantastic bits in Eps I to III I just dont think they are good films overall. To give an anaology - If you have a harem of lovely female dancers but one has 2 wooden legs - you'll remember that one the most.

..er...I'll get my coat.

Freddie_C
7th-November-2005, 06:24 PM
I only DJ in Middlesbrough...

I found those films all three for 10p...:rofl:

So if you are ever up in Middlesbrough...:nice:

LMC
7th-November-2005, 09:28 PM
I found those films all three for 10p...:rofl:
Now THAT's funny :rofl:

I've hardly been to the cinema this year, but I thought Kingdom of Heaven was fairly appalling - 3.5 minutes of plot mercilessly squeezed into 2 hours (or whatever). All the good bits are in the trailer, so if you haven't seen the whole film, don't bother.

Barry Shnikov
2nd-February-2006, 05:05 PM
Has anyone seen Saw II yet!? :confused:

Don't you mean, "Did anyone see Saw II yet"?:D

Dreadful Scathe
3rd-February-2006, 10:32 AM
Don't you mean, "Did anyone see Saw II yet"?:D
hehe see saw hehe

Freddie_C
4th-February-2006, 01:22 PM
Wow, talk about reviving a post...were you bored? Or did you work on that joke since I posted? :yum:

Barry Shnikov
5th-February-2006, 06:47 PM
Wow, talk about reviving a post...were you bored? Or did you work on that joke since I posted? :yum:

What? Are you saying there's nothing of interest on old threads?

Freddie_C
6th-February-2006, 11:46 PM
No, not if its something meaningful. :whistle: