PDA

View Full Version : " JAMS "do we like them?

under par
4th-November-2005, 06:35 PM
I hear that a "JAM" area is going to be allocated in one area of the dance floor at Southall when Funky Lush opens I have to ask is this a good idea.

I believe its a Lindy thing!

Has anyone seen JAMS happening before!

Will it work on a Modern Jive night?

Has TWK found the next new thing for us?

Your thoughts please as I am unsure how it is going to work!:confused:

El Salsero Gringo
4th-November-2005, 07:17 PM
I hear that a "JAM" area is going to be allocated in one area of the dance floor at Southall when Funky Lush opens I have to ask is this a good idea.

I believe its a Lindy thing!

Has anyone seen JAMS happening before!

Will it work on a Modern Jive night?

Has TWK found the next new thing for us?

Your thoughts please as I am unsure how it is going to work!:confused:Funky Lush? Never heard of it.

Minnie M
4th-November-2005, 07:54 PM
I started a thread about dance jams not so long ago about this, haven't got time at the mo for a 'HarperLink'

El Salsero Gringo
4th-November-2005, 08:01 PM
I started a thread about dance jams not so long ago about this, haven't got time at the mo for a 'HarperLink'You don't really think this thread is about dance jams, do you, Lynda?

Toby wan Kenobe
4th-November-2005, 08:37 PM
You don't really think this thread is about dance jams, do you, Lynda?

We will have a range of dance jams on offer, logonberry, damson, aspic jelly, blackcurrant & apple, sunshine strawberry and my mum's very own pickled ESG sour grape jam. Should be something for every discerning dancing jam eater.

Jam recipes (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=139684&postcount=1) can be found here.

BYO toast though!!

Mary
4th-November-2005, 09:28 PM
We will have a range of dance jams on offer, logonberry, damson, aspic jelly, blackcurrant & apple, sunshine strawberry and my mum's very own pickled ESG sour grape jam. Should be something for every discerning dancing jam eater.

Jam recipes (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showpost.php?p=139684&postcount=1) can be found here.

BYO toast though!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :worthy:

M

Mary
4th-November-2005, 09:56 PM
Ok. Tony and I have agreed (well, I've told Tony he's doing it!:devil: ) to try and get the ball rolling by doing a bit of 'jamming' and chucking in an aerial or two. I would imagine there might be some other couples up for having a go as well. Well, I hope so, I don't want us to be the only ones.

My understanding of the 'jam' is so people can have the opportunity to muck about and do some things you can't normally do on the social dancefloor. Some people might say doing a showcase is the platform for this kind of thing but that is a bit extreme and requires a lot of hard work, dedication and the right facilities, oh, and a bit of polish.

This is a platform for everone to have the opportunity to strut their stuff and have fun, and give it a go. Doesn't have to be aerials, that just happens to be our thing, could be hip hop, some cool drops, elaborate space-consuming moves, whatever, but it gives some space for those who want to strut their stuff where there isn't normally enough space, or just to have an arena for minute.

From what I have seen of video clips it looks like great fun, although we will be very nervous about giving it go. So are there any other good sports might be up for it?

M

Gadget
4th-November-2005, 10:42 PM
My understanding of the 'jam' is so people can have the opportunity to muck about and do some things you can't normally do on the social dancefloor.~

This is a platform for everone to have the opportunity to strut their stuff and have fun, and give it a go. ~ but it gives some space for those who want to strut their stuff where there isn't normally enough space, or just to have an arena for minute.
Hmmm... like a competition without the competing element?
Or a busk infront of 'friends' rather than strangers?
Or the first few tracks of an evening before everyone has arrived and the dance floor is clear?
Or dancing in a bit of space infront ot some onlookers?

I'd be all for it, but don't expect me to stop dancing - If the choice is take part in the jam and watch for a few tracks before getting a go, or simply dance... I would choose the latter: I've got all the audience I need dancing along with me, and I kinna like being her audience too. :D

Mary
5th-November-2005, 01:18 AM
I'd be all for it, but don't expect me to stop dancing - If the choice is take part in the jam and watch for a few tracks before getting a go, or simply dance... I would choose the latter: I've got all the audience I need dancing along with me, and I kinna like being her audience too. :D

I agree. I don't think the idea is to stop the whole room from dancing. So it's not like a birthday jam, where the birthdayee has the floor and is swapped from partner to partner.

Those who want to join in or just watch can, and those that want to carry on dancing can. It's just an area that becomes a 'mini-stage' if you like - not the whole dancefloor. And, as I understand it, only for 1 or 2 tracks at most.

M

MartinHarper
5th-November-2005, 03:52 AM
Funky Lush? Never heard of it.

It's a rare sexually transmitted disease.

El Salsero Gringo
5th-November-2005, 09:10 AM
It's a rare sexually transmitted disease.In fact, it's more common than you think, but people don't like to talk about it.

"Funky Lush - don't die of ignorance."

Heather
5th-November-2005, 10:26 AM

BYO toast though!!

WOT !!!!! No Scottish Raspberry jam????:yum: :tears:
:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
xx

wicked blue
5th-November-2005, 07:10 PM
It's a rare sexually transmitted disease.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

David Franklin
6th-November-2005, 11:52 PM
I've heard a strong rumour donuts may be involved as well...

under par
8th-November-2005, 01:06 PM
Will TWK be playing any tracks by Marmalade that famous band of the 70s :whistle:

David Franklin
8th-November-2005, 03:10 PM
Stop Press

Following events on Monday, it is with regret that the Jam sessions are being cancelled on safety grounds. Apparently Monday's late night jam session ended in near-tragedy when a carelessly connected microphone came into contact with a group of dancers...

[Edit]:The Jam is On!

TwK informs that following an injuction against Sheepman preventing further outbreaks of Kareoke madness, safety officers are now prepared to let the Jam go ahead after all! :clap:

under par
9th-November-2005, 01:31 AM
If the "jam is on" can I please toast it. To the Jam.:cheers: :cheers:

Looking forward to seeing the Jam come to life.

I hope to have enough confidence to get up and give it a go.... if Mrs Par will join me!:flower: