PDA

View Full Version : Dancing In Southampton?

Rhythm King
4th-November-2005, 05:42 PM
Hi All

I'm off to Southampton, working for a fortnight (weekend included :eek: ). I can't access Lynda's List from work, does anybody have any recommendations for dancing in and around the area please?

Cheers

R-K :flower:

Minnie M
4th-November-2005, 06:02 PM
Hi All

I'm off to Southampton, working for a fortnight (weekend included :eek: ). I can't access Lynda's List from work, does anybody have any recommendations for dancing in and around the area please?

Cheers

but you can access Lynda :whistle:

Sat 5
Pavilion Ballrooms, Bournemouth Mojive
Fri 11
Freestyle Bramshaw Village Hall, Row Hill, New Forest, SO43 7JE Ceroc
Mojive have classes in Southampton & Portsmouth most days
and there is JiveRiot in Southampton (Totton)

Paul Cox is starting up his Lindy classes in Southampton again

and

Gary Twekesbury has lindy classes on a Friday in Portsmouth

want to know more :flower: PM me :hug:

TA Guy
5th-November-2005, 11:11 AM
Hi All

Cheers

Forgetting the Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Winchester and other neighbourly stuff.

Mondays:
TA Center, Soton, Mojive.
Titchfield Community Center, Titchfield, Jiveriot

Tuesdays:
The Empire Hall, Totton, Jiveriot

Wednesdays:
Railway Institute, Eastleigh, Jiveriot

Thursdays:
TA Center, Soton, Mojive. <--- Prolly the biggest numbers atm.
Railway Institute, Eastleigh, Jiveriot
Mountbatten School, Romsey, Dance Yourself Dizzy.

Freestyles:
11th Bramshaw Village Hall, Bramshaw, New Forest, Ceroc
12th Totton Community Center, Totton, Mojive <--- Prolly the better freestyle.

jockey
6th-November-2005, 12:38 AM
Hi All

Cheers

The best venue in your area is the leisure centre in West Totton. Its not easy to find, however; you should go past the M271 (which goes to the docks) heading West and take the next exit and go South; W. Totton is signposted; you will see the car park before you see the building.
Next try "The Admiral Lord Nelson" (its a school). This is off the Southsea road (A3020, I think) and the junction has lights, many carriageways and an odd deserted little lodge; Yes, it is harder to find than WT but if you find a Hamburger joint down that road you are close (but not that close..)
Next try Barton Hall (which is signposted "American Community School") and is off the A3; they have good freestyles as it is within reach of Guildford and many good dancers drop down for it.
Te oganisers are Mojive for BH and WH and David LOve foor ALN.
Good luck.
Oh and Minstead Hall and Bournmouth pavilion if you want to travel a bit further (the latter you have to pay to park but its worth it).:cheers: